• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "Them" Act One: "Rebellion", Scene One

Characters
Here
Batman

If anyone were to look for where the Batman was, they would see nothing but air for he was not where he once was.

Nevertheless those in the pretensy of the bar would probably (with the obvious exception of the Agent stationed there) turn their heads if they were at all paying attention at the sheer majesty that is Batman appearing out of thin air.

"Tea." He said simply to the bartender with an imperium that might rival that of Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch himself, "I would like some tea, please. And also a loaf of the finest bread. Thank you very much." He paid no mind to the others that were among him. Instead with a flourish of his cape, he discreetly takes out his new sleek phone and scan everyone around him. If anyone were to so much as glance in his direction, he would hastily stow the phone away and whistle quietly and inconcipously to himself. While doing this, he would secretly evedrop on any interesting conversations using his Bathearing.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Dark-Souls-3-guide.jpg

Soul of cinder
Condition: normal

1574115099228.png
Finally noticing her, Apa looked up to the woman and introduced herself.

"I'm Apa!" The young cleric would say, however, it doesn't seem like the woman would stay as after she pointed her phone at the two agents at the door, she promptly left. Well, that's rude.

Then came this freak of nature.

This...Tall, grey man that smells like he's constantly on fire bumped onto her, burning her white robe a little bit with a sizzle.

"Eep!" Apa's cry as she turned to see such a thing. The tall grey man crouched until he's on eye level to her, staring at her with his ironically cold dead eyes. Sweat begins to form on her face as I gulped.

On a child's perspective, this is freaky.

"C-can I help you?" Apa gulped, taking a step back as I tried to keep our cool. My instincts are telling me I should draw out my rod and prepare for a battle, but since the other 'Agents' are here, I have to not do that, or else all eyes are on me.

It was apparent that the girl was frightened. If anyone else were in his situation, they would have apologized and asked who they were. But for this manifestation of the first flame, that was mostly not posable. For one, he speaks very little if at all. Most he may be able to shudder is a word or two; it wasn't as if talking was a necessary skill for someone who's only purpose is to defend the first flame (and have slain undead be reduced to ash). So the soul of cinder points at the girl with his free hand, his head tilting. Almost as if he is asking a question.
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Upon the robots request, the Agent would nod before placing an oil can in front of her.
AF6E9068-7DBE-4C59-AED5-1439F4EA8951.jpeg
“Oil, Iron, soda and scotch.....a normal day indeed.” Just then he saw the demon enter, before slowly starting to back away, to which he merely cocked an eyebrow before continuing to serve the other Agents. Then Batman arrived....ah, business is a busy thing, but the bartender was trained for this many occupants. He quickly prepared tea for the Batman, the finest tea “Them” had to offer, before putting it on the counter along with a fresh loaf of bread, “Your tea and bread Agent.”

After Kent said he needed to escape, using force if necessary, the agents pulled out their pistols before aiming at him
D8E287D5-7070-4A39-894F-AB47E3ECC127.jpeg
“So will we....stand down Agent, the meeting will be soon.”

Name: Agent Remilia
Species: Vampire, shapeshifter, “Witch”
.Proper, mannerly, sometimes quite rude, much like (Redacted)
.Is able to shapeshift into what we presume as almost anything
.Noticeable supply of sun cream on her person, will observe possible uses in the future

Name: Classified
Species: Classified
.Classified

Name: Classified
Species: Classified
.Classified
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

Batman’s scans would pull up the ones that were previously displayed, along with some new ones:

Name: Agent Cat
Species: Vampire
.Quite happy and outgoing
.Vampire powers have not been displayed yet, but still exist
.Possible ally to Agent Schrödinger, will monitor relationship closely

Name: Agent Samael
Species: Human attributes, possible cyborg or synthetic being.
.Highly skilled in fighting and combat
.Investigations on his eye are underway
.Works for an organization of Spanish influence, seems to be a soldier of sorts. They gave him the eye.
.Has powerful exosuit thanks to organization (Organization found: Segadores)
.Segadores investigation is still underway

Name: Agent Theodore
Species: Metal Suit, “Tinman.”
.Skilled soldier and combatant
.Took 5 Agents to sedate subject
.DO NOT PROVOKE

Name: Agent Drossel
Species: Robot
.Capabilities are still under surveillance, although clear signs of scanning without use of “Them” brand technology
.Depends on oil for energy
.(Redacted) has funded research to see if subject can be used as a microwave.

Attachments

• 4CC6F0A5-88C4-4F7E-A551-8154466F99CA.jpeg
    4CC6F0A5-88C4-4F7E-A551-8154466F99CA.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Drossel would pour the oil in her chamber. The small robot would pause, before tapping Cat's shoulder. "Salutations, Madam." Drossel bowed as her main processer alerting her of her damages. As she would sigh, where would she find someone who could repair her without a forced system reset... PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

• Annotation 2019-11-08 215249.png

tenor.gif

"Huh thats funny I thought I smelled a hint of fear. You don't fear me don't you, Cat? Someone here is scared of me and I wish to find out who." He starts looking around while sniffing. "Ah yes the distinct smell of cowardice. If I find the person I am going to kick the shit outta them. Herr Bartender, can I get a pint of your finest German beer?"
    PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Last edited:

• Dawn by Senty resize.png
    Grey & Eric

"What's that about going down?" I giggle as I give my cue a nonchalant twirl for the umpteenth time, point it at the cue ball, and take a shot, easily pocketing three more balls. Now, only the 8-ball remains. I grin at Lana as I tap my pool cue on the ground. "How about I let you catch up? Go ahead, get your last balls pocketed. I'll wait."

My ears perk up. The sound of someone approaching is unmistakable. I turn around to find one of the humans coming to approach me, one who wears lightweight black and silver attire. I can pick his name off the top of my mind.

"if you're asking for a death wish, then I would be happy to that for you."

All I do is smile, as if he just asked for directions.

"Thanks for the offer! Y'know, I might consider it. Here, how about this." I put my pool cue behind my back and take aim again. "I try to pocket that 8-ball, and you have to kill me before the cue ball gets a chance to hit it. I'm sure that's playtime for someone as fast as you, eh, Speed-o'-Sound Sonic?"

GreyShocked.png

"Eric?!" Grey exclaims at my seemingly-honest sounding tone. "You can't be serious! What's gotten into you?!"

"Just having a little fun, Mark. Seeing Eater Agents kill all your friends does stuff to a person! Whoo!"

GreyCurious.png

"...Who's Mark?"

Ah, cripes. Gotta subject change.

I look at the human scanning us with his phone and wink. "You could just ask next time! Hope you at least got my good side!" I push myself away from the table, coming towards him. "Been a while since I've seen you, Demps. You like this place better than zombie killing? I'm sure me would, but I'm not really me, so, yeah." Putting my paws behind my head, I sit down on the nearest chair. Grey, meanwhile, stays behind, scooting closer to Lana out of his protectiveness. "Do you even remember me? You probably don't."

My attention is turned to the robot who had approached us.

"Repairs? Sorry, I didn't bring my-"

I guess I brainfarted and took too long to respond, because before I know it, she had walked off. A paw runs through my hair, adjusting it.

"Real smooth, Eric, real smooth."

Grey, meanwhile, is apparently making friends of his own. He smiles at the green-haired lad who had come up to him and complimented his visor. It's a refreshing friendly reaction.

GreyHappy.png

"Heyy, thanks. Can't leave home without it."

GreySweatdrop.png

"...iiiiif I had a home."

GreyHappy.png

"Anyway. Name's Grey. What's yours?"

--

ERIC ART CREDIT: SentyPurr
    Eric Text HEX Color Code: #ff346c
    GREY ART CREDIT: HavocDusk
    Grey Text HEX Color Code: #00d8ff

Interactions:
    Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)
    Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Sonic)
    FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla (Dempsey)
    Hexxy Hexxy (Drossel)
    Jeef_jones Jeef_jones (Gyrus)

Lana

I watched as Eric pocketed all of the striped balls. All that was left was the 8 ball for him. He decided to let me catch up. What a fool... As Eric was distracted talking to other people, I simply grabbed the remaining solid colored balls and shoved them in the pockets of the table. Lastly, I take the 8 ball and do the same. I also love the cueball as to not seem suspicious with it being in the same place it started. I smirk as I lean against the table. I was hoping my smug aura mocked Eric.

“Ooooh Eriiiic! Maybe letting me catch up wasn’t such a good idea...”
I point to the now clear pool table as I cross my arms smugly.
“I told you I’d beat you Eric, but you wouldn’t listen.”
I pat Eric on the back as I giggle and walk back over to Grey. I leaned my head against his shoulder and looked up at him with puppy dog eyes.
“Please Grey! Can you pretty please play a round with me!”

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

The bartender would glance at Agent Schrödinger yet again.
80A23B75-15A2-4042-BC83-E41A78CF7087.jpeg
“Indeed” he would say before placing “Them”s finest German beer on the counter

The Agents in the hallway would still keep their guns out as one of them responded to Remilia.
04AAD481-09FB-4EAF-84D4-1BB454D929EC.jpeg
“Agent, we’re doing everything we can, now g-“ she would then immediately listen in on her headset, “Copy that.” The Agent would then nod at the one next to her, before pulling out a megaphone, “AGENTS PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN HALLWAY AREA! I REPEAT PLEASE HEAD TO THE MAIN HALLWAY AREA! IT IS TIME TO HEAD TO THE AUDITORIUM!”

@ everyone​

Attachments

• C897D88A-04D7-4D8E-B5EE-65DD4431DC96.jpeg
    C897D88A-04D7-4D8E-B5EE-65DD4431DC96.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
"So what is going on? Any idea as to why I am here?"
*He leans on the counter a bit as he dug into his pocket and drew out the phone he was issued. He sets it on the table and turns it to face the tender so he can see the lettering on the back. As a contractor, he's had a certain amount of experience going to bars on the job and getting info from patrons, maybe he could try to get some from the bartender this time*
"Any sort of idea as to this? Not too familiar with 'Them'"

The bartender would simply glare at Tiberius
BDCD8983-E824-49A5-9835-1F035E7162DD.jpeg
“That’s classified information Agent, you’ll learn everything at the meeting.” Just then he heard the megaphone from the hallway, “Ah....It is time.” The Agent would say before calmly yelling at everyone in the rec room “Alright Agents, we need to clear the area immediately and go to the main hallway, come on.”
Tibb-E Tibb-E
@ rec room

Attachments

• D0190A1C-D170-4190-BE55-A9CBB471413C.jpeg
    D0190A1C-D170-4190-BE55-A9CBB471413C.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Catherine Giovanni

“Why would I be scared of you? Whatever you’re smelling it’s definitely isn’t coming from me!”
She smiles and continues eating her ingot. Then perks her ears up at the megaphone.
“Looks like the wait is finally over! Now time to see what the fuss is about!”

She walked away just before the bartender told them to leave.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

"Will do. I'll be back later for a drink.." He hears the announcement and gets up from the bar, putting his phone in its pocket, then rushing over to the couch and grabbing his backpack. He gets a feeling something isn't quite right, but hopefully, whatever's going on in the auditorium will clear up his confusion and concerns. After getting the case, Tibs walks off to the main hallway to meet up with the others, who he assumes would be his coworkers of sorts.
Anyone Anyone interested

• View attachment 648360
    Grey & Eric

"What's that about going down?" I giggle as I give my cue a nonchalant twirl for the umpteenth time, point it at the cue ball, and take a shot, easily pocketing three more balls. Now, only the 8-ball remains. I grin at Lana as I tap my pool cue on the ground. "How about I let you catch up? Go ahead, get your last balls pocketed. I'll wait."

My ears perk up. The sound of someone approaching is unmistakable. I turn around to find one of the humans coming to approach me, one who wears lightweight black and silver attire. I can pick his name off the top of my mind.

"if you're asking for a death wish, then I would be happy to that for you."

All I do is smile, as if he just asked for directions.

"Thanks for the offer! Y'know, I might consider it. Here, how about this." I put my pool cue behind my back and take aim again. "I try to pocket that 8-ball, and you have to kill me before the cue ball gets a chance to hit it. I'm sure that's playtime for someone as fast as you, eh, Speed-o'-Sound Sonic?"

View attachment 648363

"Eric?!" Grey exclaims at my seemingly-honest sounding tone. "You can't be serious! What's gotten into you?!"

"Just having a little fun, Mark. Seeing Eater Agents kill all your friends does stuff to a person! Whoo!"

View attachment 648364

"...Who's Mark?"

Ah, cripes. Gotta subject change.

I look at the human scanning us with his phone and wink. "You could just ask next time! Hope you at least got my good side!" I push myself away from the table, coming towards him. "Been a while since I've seen you, Demps. You like this place better than zombie killing? I'm sure me would, but I'm not really me, so, yeah." Putting my paws behind my head, I sit down on the nearest chair. Grey, meanwhile, stays behind, scooting closer to Lana out of his protectiveness. "Do you even remember me? You probably don't."

My attention is turned to the robot who had approached us.

"Repairs? Sorry, I didn't bring my-"

I guess I brainfarted and took too long to respond, because before I know it, she had walked off. A paw runs through my hair, adjusting it.

"Real smooth, Eric, real smooth."

Grey, meanwhile, is apparently making friends of his own. He smiles at the green-haired lad who had come up to him and complimented his visor. It's a refreshing friendly reaction.

View attachment 648365

"Heyy, thanks. Can't leave home without it."

View attachment 648366

"...iiiiif I had a home."

View attachment 648368

"Anyway. Name's Grey. What's yours?"

--

Interactions:
    Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Sonic)
    FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla (Dempsey)
    Hexxy Hexxy (Drossel)

talking.PNG
He would hold out his normal hand to grey "I'm Gyrus, it's nice to meet you Grey" he smiled at him and looked him over although he just processed what he said about having a home "Wait do you mean it was...destroyed or something? or are you more of a traveling person, I'm pretty sure people usually have something they call home" He here's the announcement and looks back to the hallway before looking to Grey "I feel like we should go so we can finally figure out why we are here"
Interacting: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Last edited:
"Jesus Christ, you guys are fuckin' downers..."

As everyone in the strange room seemed to be interacting with each other, mostly out of the confusion that was of course caused by wondering where everyone was, a man sat there. Well, the term "man" was probably a bit too much credit for this... thing.

286139457062211.png

Seated in a nearby chair, this being was sprawled across a nearby well-cushioned chair. Is arms (well at least, the top of the two pairs) hung over the end, while his second paif of arms relaxed underneath his head. The fingers underneath his red gloves were interlocked as he remained in his mostly relaxed position, though judging by his tone of voice, the spider-like demon was far from feeling that emotion. His legs hung off the other end, the tall, heeled boots he wore idly kicking against the side of the yellow chair he'd found himself seated atop. Yes, it was quite apparent that this strange furred demon, who wore a fancy white tux that rivaled even the most wealthy of haberdashers, was bored.

"Like, come on!" He exclaimed as he threw his arms back over the seat he sat in with a whine, outsretching his long legs slightly as well. They quickly relaxed, however, the respective limbs relaxing as he dumped his head back against the arm of the chair with a groan. His head then subsequently popped back up moments later, that bored expression still very apparent on his facial features. "For what looks like a bunch'a hung hunks, you guys are fuckin' boring! If I wasn't already dead, I'd have shot myself by now after listenin' to all of you mope around like a bunch'a sad... weird... pathetic orphans." He let out a loud, audible groan as he leaned up slightly, resting up using the pair of elbows on his top pair of arms. "Like... does it even matter where you are or why you're here?" He gestured to his chest, which had an odd amount of fur poking out of his shirt, and continued with that same annoyed expression and tone. "I mean... I've woken up in strange buildings plenty of time in my time, which is a pretty fuckin' long time, and you don't see ME acting like a complete ass over it.

giphy.gif

The spider-like creature sighed again and rubbed the bridge of his nose, before twisting in the exact opposite direction, and slumping over the center of the seat. He sighed again, puffing out his cheeks in a tone that could only be described as sheer, absolute boredom. "God... does this place at least have any liqour? It'd make listening to you brainlets at least slightly more tolerable..." He eventually said as he checked under the seat he sat in, and the subsequent seats around him, as well as the nearby cabinets and cupboards for at least a single bottle of alcohol.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara Jeef_jones Jeef_jones PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Birb Birb Sleek Sleek FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla Hexxy Hexxy Tibb-E Tibb-E CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

Mission Update: Auditorium

Again, you would all gather in the hallway, still glistening with gold even in the dim mysterious light. You all might notice as well the bartender from the rec room now blocking the way into the Leisure Area behind you.
292A052C-0433-4B72-B477-F71E7189169C.jpeg
"Leisure Area is secure, ready for pick-up." He would say into his headset before stopping, folding his hands in front of him.

Then, the Female Guard would immediately listen in on her headset yet again
1DE3D323-C817-420F-9EA4-BC79F9EFDC53.jpeg
"Copy that." she would answer into the headset before looking to the Male guard, "She's here." she would say before the two of them would turn around, and open the large, dark oak doors with a long, loud creak. The doors would open to reveal a....woman, she looked exactly like the guards but seemed different, the woman had an air of positivity and energy, and was donning a huge smile.

152095FF-9888-4F33-8A44-EE6CE8B02AB0.jpeg
"Hi! I'm Madam Mayor!" She yelled as she waved energetically. "I'm the Mayor of this city! I hope you all have been enjoying yourselves! The Agents can be a little rude, but no harm done I suppose, right this way!" She would scream before dramatically beckoning for you all to follow.
The Mayor would then begin to start skipping down the hall, while you all would follow from the back, while the previous Agents and some new ones would push you guys along.
The bubbly politician would lead you all towards a giant lobby area, decorated with red carpets, marble floors and pillars, and the now very similar art-deco design. She stopped in front of a large table with another Agent stationed behind it, the table would be made of dark oak wood, with gold trim, and covered in some...interesting items.
"Before the meeting begins, I need to issue you all the rest of your gear! The Sir wanted to make sure everyone had security clearance before being given this nifty stuff!." She said before motioning towards a neatly stacked pile of suits, dress pants, shoes, and hats, "Dress code enforces that every Agent be wearing a suit, now these are OPTIONAL! But the Sir doesn't like it when Agents are not applying to dress code, All of you have a suit specially tailored fit you, and fit your needs!"
She then would move her hand towards a neat row of headsets, next to a row of walkie talkies, "Now these aren't optional, every Agent must have a communication device in the form of a "Them" company headset or walkie-talkie, your choice, only pick one! They both are on the same frequency so there is nothing special between the two." The Mayor would say happily with her big cheery smile before dramatically waving her hands in front of the next item, pretending like she was a prize displayer on a game show.
"And now...the most important thing!" She would exclaim before pretending to do a drumroll, she looked at the agent behind the counter, "drumroll!" The Mayor whisper-yelled at the Agent before he too would emotionlessly do a drum roll.
"Your pistols! The most important thing for an official "Them" Agent! Military Issue, and don't worry about ammunition, you can fire that thing for days!" She would exclaim before hopping up and down, clapping her hands while giggling like a little girl. "Come on down Agents! Take your pick and go through the door to your right!"
2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B
RedLight RedLight
Sleek Sleek
Birb Birb
darkred darkred
FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla
FoolsErin FoolsErin
GearBlade654 GearBlade654
Jeef_jones Jeef_jones
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake
ManyFaces ManyFaces
T The Man With No Name
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Nightwisher Nightwisher
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
QizPizza QizPizza
Hexxy Hexxy
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow
Tibb-E Tibb-E
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Attachments

• 152095FF-9888-4F33-8A44-EE6CE8B02AB0.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
catherine giovanni

Cat was confused but that confusion didn't last for too long. She walked over to the stuff, and took the mandatory walkie talkies without much question and then took the pistol. It was heavy in her hand and weighed somewhat. A look of apprendition dawned on her face as she looked at the lethal weapon in her hands. She then looked once more at her walkie talkie, then decided that a headseat would be more functional. Took it and wore it on her ears. It felt a little odd.

"Why did I have the feeling that we are slowly being brainwashed into "joining" this mysterious organization?" She muttered to herself. She didn't even take one look at the suits, prefering her more casual clothing. IF it were up to her, she would find a way to escape from this mysterious THEM aliens (which her mind was still stubborn to call them) but even then, she wouldn't know if she was even on Earth, let alone where she was. "Well at least it will be an adventure!" She said to herself. In truth, she was actually on the verge of panic but strifled with a smile and joyfullness.

With all her items picked (a THEM headset and a THEM gun) she headed toward the right door. Paused for a second. Frowned. Then went back, grabbed a pair of shoes, pants and suits, glared at the smiling cartoon lady and went through the door to the right.

• Dawn by Senty resize.png
    Grey & Eric

"Mhmhmhm…" I chuckle to myself, more impressed than anything. "So you solve problems like that, Lana? Hmmmmm…"

One of the agents blares an announcement to go to the auditorium through a megaphone. I literally hop right off the couch and slip past the others, putting my pool cue back as I pass by. "Yo, Grey, Lana. Time to join a shady organization that'll probably end up stabbing us in the back at the end." I kick off the side of the pool table and do a backflip. "WOOHOO!"

“Glad to see you’re happy about it... I guess...” Grey sighs and turns to Lana. “Sorry, Lana. I’ll play with you after this is over, okay? Stay right behind me.” He nods to Gyrus. “Let’s go.”

The fox grabs Lana firmly by the wrist and pulls her along after me into the main hallway.

Me, I’ve been getting herded along like everyone else, but I’ve been searching for a certain someone at the same time. Alas, I track him down easily- he’s one of the tallest here, after all. And so, I approach him: the white spider.

“Oh, I like you,” I begin with my signature grin. “You smell like 10 different types of alcohol and drugs at least, but I don’t judge. A guy like you knows how to have fun. I can appreciate that. Besides...”

I rub up against him with a sultry look on my face.

“...I know you know what a good time is, Angel Dust.”

Then I pull back, chuckling and shrugging.

“Eh, if you have it, flaunt it, I guess. Name’s Eric, how do ya’ do?”

All friendly-like, I stick my paw out for a handshake. Pawshake. Whatever!

--

Interactions:
    thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Angel Dust)

bored.PNG
Gyrus reluctantly followed along with the rest of the others, not like he had much of a choice in the matter since the agents had them flanked from behind, and now they were in this room with some mayor telling them to wear suits, take a walkie talkie or a headset and also they needed a gun? Gyrus was a bit worried about what was to come but nonetheless he approached the table and looked over the suit, although it was nice looking he wasn't really one for them since he had the feeling this job would be much better done in the room of swords gear, after all it was a bit more flexible then a suit could be, he then grabbed a headset so that he could have free arms and the ability to speak to others through it, before then moving to a gun and looking it over. Upon his initial messing with the phone he too found the scanning feature, not like his scout couldn't do the same but whatever, he picked up the pistol and looked it over, before simply holstering it and then looking around for that spider guy, before approaching him "Right, because everyone wakes up in random buildings like you do..." before he took out the phone and decided to test it out by scanning the headset
Interacting: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Angel dust) Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Drossel looked at the weapons and drew out her arm cannon, "Not, needed. Clothing isn't required for a robot, is it?" She asked as she mayor, grabbing a walkie talkie. She would watch the others take stuff. At least her weapons system was online. Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

The Mayor would glance at Drossel before giggling.

0837AE4E-0157-4731-9E34-E69F0D2DCBE4.jpeg
“Oh silly!” She would say before dropping her smile and staring into Drossels eyes, “I said you must get a gun.” But her smile quickly returned, “But your suit is optional! You can wear it, or not!”

Item Name: "Them" Headset
.Headset issued to "Them" Agents for communication
.Is worn on cranium, thereby allowing free use of hands and easier access to contact other Agents
.Most Agents prefer the headset over the walkie talkie
.Traces of plastic

Hexxy Hexxy
Jeef_jones Jeef_jones

Ike Plymont

"Huh thats funny I thought I smelled a hint of fear. You don't fear me don't you, Cat? Someone here is scared of me and I wish to find out who." He starts looking around while sniffing. "Ah yes the distinct smell of cowardice. If I find the person I am going to kick the shit outta them. Herr Bartender, can I get a pint of your finest German beer?"

The demon looked somehow paler than he already was. His face was a ghostly white. He quickly changed form, into a small.. creature of sorts. It was purely black, with white eyes, horns, and a cute little tail, exactly like the one he had in his humanoid form. He hoped perhaps, he could hide better now from... well.. Schrodinger. After all, sometimes it's easier to hide under the enemies nose. Maybe. Probably. Probably not. No. That's a dumb idea. Yet Ike scuttled into the room, crouched low, and hopefully out of sight.
1574192970626.png
The spider-like creature sighed again and rubbed the bridge of his nose, before twisting in the exact opposite direction, and slumping over the center of the seat. He sighed again, puffing out his cheeks in a tone that could only be described as sheer, absolute boredom. "God... does this place at least have any liqour? It'd make listening to you brainlets at least slightly more tolerable..." He eventually said as he checked under the seat he sat in, and the subsequent seats around him, as well as the nearby cabinets and cupboards for at least a single bottle of alcohol.

Ike continued to search for some sort of hiding place, when he heard a sorta loud voice. The demon looked over, and froze. He squinted, pondered, tilted his head a bit, before finally being able to deduce: there was another demon here. Ike was excellent at identifying demons. Not so much anything else though. But there was a demon!! Which, despite the... spiders??? vulgar, mildly rude behavior, it put Ike at ease. It was just something familiar to him. In fact, if it weren't for the interruption that was about to occur, Ike would have gone over and tried to introduce himself!

Again, you would all gather in the hallway, still glistening with gold even in the dim mysterious light. You all might notice as well the bartender from the rec room now blocking the way into the Leisure Area behind you.
292A052C-0433-4B72-B477-F71E7189169C.jpeg

"Leisure Area is secure, ready for pick-up." He would say into his headset before stopping, folding his hands in front of him.

Then, the Female Guard would immediately listen in on her headset yet again
1DE3D323-C817-420F-9EA4-BC79F9EFDC53.jpeg
"Copy that." she would answer into the headset before looking to the Male guard, "She's here." she would say before the two of them would turn around, and open the large, dark oak doors with a long, loud creak. The doors would open to reveal a....woman, she looked exactly like the guards but seemed different, the woman had an air of positivity and energy, and was donning a huge smile.

"Hi! I'm Madam Mayor!" She yelled as she waved energetically. "I'm the Mayor of this city! I hope you all have been enjoying yourselves! The Agents can be a little rude, but no harm done I suppose, right this way!" She would scream before dramatically beckoning for you all to follow.
The Mayor would then begin to start skipping down the hall, while you all would follow from the back, while the previous Agents and some new ones would push you guys along.

Ike jumped a bit, looking to the side as another one of these... things... came through the door. Ike swore, something about them was... almost unnervingly familiar. But, he supposed he didn't have time to ponder or ask questions... maybe Schrodinger wouldn't even notice him in the crowd!!

The bubbly politician would lead you all towards a giant lobby area, decorated with red carpets, marble floors and pillars, and the now very similar art-deco design. She stopped in front of a large table with another Agent stationed behind it, the table would be made of dark oak wood, with gold trim, and covered in some...interesting items.
"Before the meeting begins, I need to issue you all the rest of your gear! The Sir wanted to make sure everyone had security clearance before being given this nifty stuff!." She said before motioning towards a neatly stacked pile of suits, dress pants, shoes, and hats, "Dress code enforces that every Agent be wearing a suit, now these are OPTIONAL! But the Sir doesn't like it when Agents are not applying to dress code, All of you have a suit specially tailored fit you, and fit your needs!"

Ike scuttled behind Madam Mayor with the rest of the group, though, he almost got stepped on a few times from his current size. So, he settled for tagging along in the back. Besides, if he was in the back, Schrodinger would have less of a chance to see him. But.. as Madam Mayor began explaining what was on the table, the demon couldn't see a thing. But if he switched to his humanoid form, Schrodinger would notice him for sure... so... best to just rely on hearing, and he'd pick up his items last...

She then would move her hand towards a neat row of headsets, next to a row of walkie talkies, "Now these aren't optional, every Agent must have a communication device in the form of a "Them" company headset or walkie-talkie, your choice, only pick one! They both are on the same frequency so there is nothing special between the two." The Mayor would say happily with her big cheery smile before dramatically waving her hands in front of the next item, pretending like she was a prize displayer on a game show.
"And now...the most important thing!" She would exclaim before pretending to do a drumroll, she looked at the agent behind the counter, "drumroll!" The Mayor whisper-yelled at the Agent before he too would emotionlessly do a drum roll.
"Your pistols! The most important thing for an official "Them" Agent! Military Issue, and don't worry about ammunition, you can fire that thing for days!" She would exclaim before hopping up and down, clapping her hands while giggling like a little girl. "Come on down Agents! Take your pick and go through the door to your right!"

Next, Madam Mayor explained communication devices. Ok. Ike could easily just use a headset. Good. Excellent. What wasn't excellent was the last item that was announced... which was a pistol. Ike had never even considered using a gun in his life! He had no idea how to hold or use one. His best bet was to just figure it out on his own or ask someone.. maybe the guy he had met earlier, Kent, but that was a bit of a stretch...

Ike waited a bit, and while Schrodinger was hopefully distracted, he leaped up onto the counter. He saw one of suits was much smaller than the others, like one of those small dog costumes. He assumed it must have been his.. Then he saw a tag on it with his name. So.. it WAS his. The demon grabbed it with one hand and one of the smaller headsets with the other. It seemed adjustable, so that was good. Ike jumped back down to put the suit on. It was a lot easier since.. it's a suit you'd expect to be able to fit on a dog. Usually those things aren't really a full suit. He also slipped the headset under one of his his large floppy ears.

1574192376603.png
Now if this just isn't the cutest fucking thing you've ever seen.

Ike scuttled up to the other counter to get... well... uh... a pistol. It had a safety mechanism on, so it was safe to carry around. He picked it up with his mouth since.. he needed his hands to move about.

Now that that was all worked out.. Ike supposed maybe he could just wait it out.. maybe even try to start a conversation with someone? As long as he stayed out of Schrodinger's sight...

Mood: Uneasy
Health Status: Perhaps a bit high
Actions: Trying to not be seen by a very certain cat man, retrieving items
[OPEN FOR INTERACTION]

Mentions: Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch
Interactions: ManyFaces ManyFaces thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (sort of)

Last edited:
[class=Window] max-width: 96%; min-height: 600px; box-shadow: 0px 5px 20px #bbbbbb; font-size: 12px; margin:auto; center; font-family=Verdana; padding: 0px; [/class] [class=Bar] background: #333333; max-height: 20px; padding: 5px; color: #fff; line-height: 20px; [/class] [class=Operative] background:url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418965749944549383/645539636352909323/1.png'); background-size: cover; border-bottom: 5px solid #333333; color: #fff; padding: 10px; font-size: 15px; [/class] [class=Board] background: #eeeeee; border-bottom: 4px solid #000; min-height: 721px; overflow: auto; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; [/class] [class=Basic] font-size: 14px; color: #000; [/class] [class=Image] border: 4px solid #333333; width: 100%; [/class] [class=Attach] float: left; [/class] [class=Attach2] position:absolute; left: 89%; max-height: 20px; color: #000; padding: 5px; margin-top: -34px; [/class] [class=tabs] background:url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418965749944549383/645539636352909323/1.png'); background-size: cover; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold; margin: 4px auto; text-align: Center; width: 100%; border:4px solid #333333; [/class] [class=title] background:url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418965749944549383/645539636352909323/1.png'); background-size: cover; color: #fff; font-size: 18px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold; margin: 4px auto; text-align: Center; width: 100%; border:4px solid #333333; [/class] [class=tab] cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; width: 50%; padding-top: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background: #eee; opacity: 0.7; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Profile) (show tabs1) if (eq ${currentTab} Combat) (show tabs2) [/script] [class=shell] background-color: #bbbbbb; width: 100%; height: 25px; border: 4px solid #333333; [/class] [class=meter] background:url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418965749944549383/645539636352909323/1.png'); background-size: contain; height: 100%; width: 100%; [/class] [class=Dialogue] font-size:16px; color: #33cc33; font-weight: bold; display: inline; [/class]

[div class=Window][div class=Bar]
INQUISDORES (Goetia, G.)
[/div]
[div class=Operative]Reaper Operative S099-6350-7851
[div class=Board]

[div class=title]SERAPH-099 Samael[/div][div class=Image]
9f50cd37a1f41578609a13289abeab08.png
[/div]

PHYSICAL CONDITION: Optimal
MENTAL CONDITION: Cautious
COLOR: #33CC33
FONT: Neucha

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]Profile[/div][div class=tab]Combat[/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabs1"][div class=Basic]INTERACTIONS: @Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch
MENTIONS:

When the guards announced that they were moving, Samael quickly downed his drink in a single go before setting the glass back on the table. The SERAPH readjusted the rifle on his shoulder as he stood up and followed cautiously behind the main group. Down the hallway they went, but the large double doors didn't open. Samael was acutely aware of the additional Agents that came in from behind. It was the idea position for an ambush, but it would be Samael walking away alive. He gripped his rifle and brought it against his shoulder, pointing it at the ground in front of the Agents. A preemptive attack wouldn't do any good if it wasn't actually an ambush, but neither would keeping his weapon down.

Luckily, for the Agents' sake, it wasn't an ambush, only an overly dramatic entrance for a politician. The mayor presented herself with an enthusiasm that belied her supposedly political office. The woman led the group down the hallway, with the Agents behind Samael providing extra "encouragement".
They ended up in large lobby that was just as elaborate as the guest rooms. A large wooden table filled with suits, gadgets, and firearms immediately caught Samael's eye. It was like they were trying to arm a private security force. Though the woman said a whole lot of nothing, the SERAPH wasn't opposed to new gear...unless of course, there was a caveat.

The hulking man picked up a suit perfectly tailored to suit him, which didn't quite sit well. That meant that they had the opportunity to examine him and potentially gather information on his Eye of the Reaper and SERAPH augmentations. Neither bored well for what appeared to be a relatively low tech society. He'd have to look into it further, but for now, Samael would play along. He picked up a walkie talkie and grabbed a pistol, pulling the slide back and examining the inner workings. Nothing out of the ordinary, even if considered outdated compared to his Nakir. However, he was curious about her claim about not having to worry about ammunition. Taking out the "Them" phone, he scanned the firearm and awaited a result.

[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabs2" style="display: none;"][div class=Basic]WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT:
Seraph HK-N720-H “Nakir” 7.20x50mm Rifle
The heavy configuration of the standard issue Nakir assault rifle produced by Seraph Manufacturing. It is chambered in 7.20x50mm FMJ in a 40 round mag. It's advanced recoil compensation system and electronic firing system makes it one of the most accurate and reliable rifles in production. Underslung is a three-round revolver-style 20mm grenade launcher, while VCOG smartscope and secondary red dot sight sits on top. (hk-n720_nakir__baseconfig20.jpg)
Seraph GE-S20 “Samael” 25mm Autocannon
A chain driven autocannon designed to be wielded by an mechanized suit. It fires 25x85mm depleted uranium armor-piercing discarding sabot rounds out of belt fed 200-round drum mag at up to 500 rounds per minute. The rounds this weapon fires are sufficient to punch through armored vehicles and cover short of 2 feet of concrete. The amount of firepower this weapon packs is offset by an impossible amount of recoil for a human to control and incredible weight, such that even Samael can only practically wield it with the loader arms of his SABRE exosuit. Attached to the weapon is a red dot sight, compensator, laser sight, and flashlight. (ge-s25_samael_35.jpg)
Smart AI “Psychopomp”
Psychopomp, otherwise known as “Psycho” is Samael’s assigned Smart AI. It was originally a standard AI optimized for running combat simulations and proposing optimized tactics real-time. After Samael’s recruitment into the Segadores, Psycho has been altered to serve the Segadors, informing Samael on the targets assigned to him by the Segadors and leading him to complete objectives in ways that complete objectives of the Segadores.
SABRE Exosuit
Specialized Assault/Breaching Reactive Exosuit, or the SABRE-class exosuit is a heavy exosuit optimized for assault and breaching tactics. The suit is composed of an underlying techsuit and the armor plating that goes over the tech suit. The suit comes equipped with two heavily armored Combat Loader Arms built specifically to wield the GE-S25 Samael Autocannon. It has a Secondary Armored Tactical Visor that provides ultraviolet, infrared, and sonic sensors that allow Samael to maintain awareness of his surroundings even when visibility is obscured. The SABRE is also (sabre_exoskeleton_19.jpg)
POWERS:
Eye of the Reaper
When Samael was recruited into the Segadores he given powers to assist him in his new job in the form of the alien Eye of the Reaper that replaces his left eye. This eye also enforces the contract between Samael and the Segadores, which prevents him from divulging information on the Segadores to any person with insufficient clearance or from attacking any Agente de la Inquisidores. It looks identical to his original eye except when he uses his powers, during which the sclera will turn black and the iris glow icy blue. Over use of certain abilities will cause Samael's eyes to bleed a black fluid. (reapers_eye_156.jpg)
Foresight of the Reaper
A relatively basic and stereotypical ability of Reapers, Samael is able to see the True Name and remaining life force of a person, as well as instantly recognized targets marked by the Segadores. A person's remaining life force can be used to approximate how much longer they have to live, but is by no means an exact science. This ability will not work on immortals. If Samael or a person in his vision would die or sustain a lethal blow within the next six seconds there is a slim chance that Samael will be able to foresee it and react accordingly.
Hindsight of the Reaper
When faced with a being that has killed within the last 24 hours, Samael is able to determine the cause of death and the instigator of said cause of death if no unnatural cause obstructs it. This ability will not work on beings he has killed himself or on those who have died as the result of non-human causes.
Glare of the Reaper
Anyone whom Samael intentionally stares at will feel an overwhelming sense of dread and imminent death. If they do not freeze in fear, they will run away blindly, rendering them vulnerable. A person can only break free if their will is greater than Samael's or if Samael looks away.
Piercing Gaze of the Reaper
Arguably the most powerful ability from the Reaper’s Eye, Samael can fire “spears” of invisible energy towards anything in his vision, punching through anything short of three inches of titanium. This requires no physical movement on his part, allowing him to kill without moving a muscle. This power, however, beings not marked for death cannot be affected, so Samael often has to be creative with its use.
SERAPH Augmentations
All SERAPHs are provided extensive and invasive augmentations to ensure their combat superiority. These augmentations can be divided into three broad categories: Hardware, Wetware, and Manaware. Hardware includes cybernetic and implanted enhancements, Wetware includes genetic biological enhancements and will only list the effects of the modifications, and Manaware includes any form of magical enhancement.
Hardware
-Spinal Neural Interfaces
-Direct Neural Interface
-Auxiliary Neural Interfaces
-Titanium-Tungsten Skeletal Implants
-Integrated AI Matrix Suite
-Superconductor Nervous System Package
-Cardiovascular Regulator
-Hormonal Regulator
Wetware
-Greatly Enhanced Muscular Density/Regeneration/Recovery
-Enhanced Stem Cell Production
-Enhanced Immune System
-Enhanced Metabolism
-Enhanced Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex
-Enhanced Pain Threshold
-Enhanced Cardiovascular System
-Retinal-Inversion Stabilizer
-Robust DNA Replication
Manaware
-Oculus Aquilae - Eagle Eye
-Obscuras Animae - Covered Soul
-Magistri Tempus - Master of Time
-Loricatorum Pellis - Armored Skin
-Ut Obscurum - To Make Obscure
-Sanitatem - Healing
-Si Metus - Intimidation

[/div][/div]
[/div][/div][/div]

tibbook.png
Tibs kept up by the front of the group while underway to the lobby, intent on getting any information he could get, with the result being him finding that the mayor is really bubbly, and it was bit unsettling. He pushes any concerns aside and moves on with the crowd of assorted.. candidates?. He spent the better part of the first 3 minutes in the lobby looking around, being a rather observant person. His attention was recovered by the Mayor upon mentioning equipment. Hearing that a gun was required for the job gave him some reassurance now knowing that whatever he was here for, calls for at least some practice in combat. Minding his proximity to others and the noise he made, Tiberius steps up and takes a suit that seems to fit him before examining it. He wasn't one for such dressing unless it was needed for clandestine activities... but it will do. "I feel like I'm in a classic spy movie.."

Lana

I found myself being dragged along by Grey. That was new. It was usually the other way around. As we entered the next room, I shook my arm free from Grey’s grasp and run to the table. I grab three walkie talkies. I handed one to Grey and the other to Eric. I lift my walkie talkie up to my mouth as I began to speak into it.
“Come in agent Grey and Eric! This is agent Lana! I need back up!”
I giggle to myself as I put the walkie talkie in my tail. I decide to not get a suit. I couldn’t wear something so fancy for so long! I would destroy it. I look at the gun and shake my head.
“I’m good! I don’t need a gun! I have a stick!”
I happily wait for Eric and Grey before I going in the next room.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

5B9422BC-3DB6-4B72-8D2C-208EB12EB948.png
Alastor

Alastor quickly joined everyone into the next room where the equipment was sprawled about on a table. He chuckled to himself as he lifted up the headset. Truthfully, he didn’t need it. He could have just broadcasted his voice onto the same frequency as all the radio and headsets. But where’s the fun in that! He put the headset on as he picked up a suit. He quickly put the suit on over his already existing suit. He had to dress the part! He then picked up the gun. Gun’s were one of the most boring ways to inflict pain upon someone... but it would have to do!

“I believe I am all ready to meet the head honcho! The man with a plan! The big boss himself!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back