• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Their Time in Yellowstone (Reboot)

Shadow Cat

The Oncoming Storm
Roleplay Availability
Welcome to Yellowstone National Park's Elite Wildfire Suppression Unit (The EWSU if you will). My name is Elias Murphy. I'm the chief around here. Everyone who lives on the base here in Yellowstone- whether paramedic, hotshot, smokejumper, helitack or otherwise- reports to me. In a place where police presence is extremely limited, my word is law.

I would like to say, I'm extremely glad to see so many of you have reported back for another season. And for those of you who are here for the first time, I commend you. It takes a special kind of person to throw themselves into the line of fire for the sake of an entity such as a national park. Not that being in the like of fire is all you'll be doing, of course. In addition to fighting wildfires, you'll also be responsible for search and rescue, flood prevention in the case of excessive rainfall, and general patrol of the landscape to ensure the area remains safe and hospitable to visitors.

Now, with that being said, welcome to the EWSU, and may the fire that burns inside you be brighter than the fire that burns around you.

-Outline-
The primary cast for this particular roleplay is people aged 20+ who work as firefighter is the U.S's Yellowstone National park. There will be pilots and ground crew and paramedics and all the fun of saving people from the fires, and they would all live together at the base and get to partake in all the normal drama of having so many people together for extended periods of time. There is a major focus on character development and overall growth between periods of high action. There is also the plan of having subplots which don't involve accidental fires, such as coming across a drug smuggling operation, stopping arsonists, and people being stranded and having to adapt to survive!

This roleplay is designed to be long term with fairly fast posting speeds, and will contain a lot of interpersonal dynamics, drama, and romance as well as danger, adventure, and excitement!

-Roles-

For roles available, there are smokejumpers who parachute in to remote fires to build fire breaks as well as set backfires that burn back towards where the wildfire is trying to spread. Supplies are dropped after their landing, which enables them to work a fire for around 48 hours.
There are also helitack crews, who are delivered to fires via helicopter and suppress wildfires with hand tools and chainsaws
Hotshots are another type of ground crew whose primary job is to build fire breaks. They stay at the fire for extended periods of time and also assist by identifying hazards like weather stations and radio antennas to the aerial firefighters. Helicopters may assist in deploying these crews. There is always a medic deployed with the hotshot crew.
Paramedics provide essential support and first aid to ground crews and civilians rescued from the fires. They are also trained in basic fire behavior knowledge.

Each of these crew will have a hierarchy as well. There will be a chief of the entire force (I have not yet decided if this will be a role open to play or a NPC. I will decide depending on the level of interest.) Smokejumpers, for example, have a fire boss who heads the entire smokejumping crew. The other crews have a similar hierarchy. The hierarchical positions within these crews WILL be available to play.

The hierarchy for these teams are as follows:
(Please note: any positions in these teams not filled by a roleplayer will be filled with an NPC. The chief of the entire base is already noted as an NPC.)
Smokejumpers have two main people in a position of authority. The Fire Boss is in charge of the entire crew, while the Spotter is the voice of authority during flight and jumps.

Hotshots have both a Hotshot medic and a Lookout who travels with them and act as an authority in their respective fields. In addition to this, the Hotshot team is run by a Superintendent (the same level as say, the fire boss) and 2 Squad Leaders.

Paramedics
work more or less on the same level but are also run by a squad lead.

Helitack
crews have a variety of job positions including flyers, mechanics, and medics. In addition to this, they are run by the Foreman in charge.

-Rules-
Don't worry, there's only a small list of rules.
*All RPNation rules apply
*Please do not control the characters of others. If you do this, I will make you rewrite your post
*Do not attempt romance with another person's character if that person indicated they do not want romance on their character sheet.
*Please be lit or semi-lit.
*If you do not post at least once a week, I will start by warning you, and eventually you will be removed from the roleplay. Like it says above, this roleplay is meant to be fast moving.
That's all for rules~ Thanks for reading!

If interested, please fill out a character sheet below following the template set forth in my character below:

Character Sheet
Character sheets should be posted with the following format:

Character sheet:
Appearance: (Please use a realistic photograph)
Name:
Crew:
Orientation:
Romance okay?: (Please indicate here if you are alright with your character being interacted with in a flirty or romantic fashion. Romance will be allowed in this roleplay, but not with your character if you indicate no.)
Personality:
Applicable skills: (At least 3)
Theme song:

Firefighter.jpg

Name: Riley Gallahan
Crew: Smokejumper (Fire Boss)
Orientation: Bisexual, male leaning
Romance okay? Yes
Personality: Riley is a kind person who, through various experiences at her job, has learned to be unpleasant when it is called for. Her biggest pet peeve is laziness- she can not stand it. She hates to see people figuratively cutting corners. She can be easily exciteable in personal situations, but seems to be absolutely calm in emergencies
Applicable skills:
Basejumping
Swimming
Various Survivalist Skills

Theme song: Rush by The Score​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back