• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Zodiac Princess - Reboot (Open)

ApfelSeine

Murder by Numbers 🏳️‍🌈🖥️
[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Hello RPN! This is a reboot of the roleplay “the Zodiac Princess”, originally conceived by Buffasaur, with several key changes. We will be starting over from the beginning, so no previous knowledge of the roleplay will be required. Every relevant piece of lore will be covered in the overview of the rp, but feel free to direct any questions you have my way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Overview[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]At the beginning of the world, the gods formed shaped the landscape and brought to life the beautiful planet known as earth. They were quite pleased with their creation, yet felt that there was something missing. None of the creatures they had made were capable of fully appreciating the majesty of the world that they had created. And thus, the gods decided that they should create beings capable of free thought, who had the potential to interact freely with the world around them. They named these creatures “humans”, and humanity soon proved to have a nearly limitless potential for imagination and creativity. The gods finally felt satisfied with the world that they had created, feeling a great fondness towards the humans who revered their world with such awe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]However, the humans relied heavily upon the gods' divine protection. Fearing that humanity would not survive on their own, the gods decided to create one last species. Twelve beings were created, each one granted with immortality and special powers with which they would be able to serve humanity. These beings, called Zodiacs, were created in the image of humanity. Unfortunately, it soon proved that the Zodiacs were too contentious, their differing personalities leading to heated conflicts and interfering with their duty to protect the humans. In a final effort to establish balance in the world, the gods decided that they would gift powers to a human guardian who would be charged with maintaining peace among the Zodiacs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The Zodiac Princess, a human girl whom the gods favored, was gifted with knowledge, eternal youth, and special abilities which allowed her to lead the Zodiacs and ensure that they carried out their duties to protect humanity. This girl, named Andromeda, was exceedingly wise and compassionate, and at long last, the Zodiacs established a peaceful alliance with each other. Finally satisfied with their creation, the gods left to establish new worlds elsewhere, leaving the Zodiac Princess and the Zodiacs to protect the world that they had created.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Peace did not last forever, for doubts began to form in some of the Zodiacs’ minds. They began to neglect their duties to humanity, even going so far as to directly manipulate humans for their own purposes. This group was known as the Renegades, and they found their subservient status unsatisfying, desiring to rule over humans instead. The other Zodiacs, finding it appalling that their fellow Zodiacs would betray their duty and take advantage of their powers for personal gain, began to confront the Renegades. Fearing that a major confrontation would endanger the humans, as well as the Zodiacs themselves, Andromeda decided to meet with the leader of the Renegades. On that fateful day, the Zodiac Princess was killed under unknown circumstances. The Renegades deny their involvement, and while the majority of the suspicion is directed towards them, suspicion and distrust grew between all of the Zodiacs. This dissolved into a major conflict, but due to the Zodiacs’ inability to kill one another, they reached an uneasy stalemate in order to avoid destroying the world in the process of their fighting. All of the Zodiacs went their separate ways, including those still loyal to their original duty. They abandoned the temple where they had made their home together, setting out to pursue their own goals.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Eventually, a prophecy was uncovered, revealing that the Zodiac Princess would one day be reborn. On a day in which the planets aligned in a specific pattern, a single individual would find the altar in the temple of the Zodiacs and by placing their hand upon the altar, the soul of the Zodiac Princess would be reawakened in them. It relieved many of the Zodiacs to hear this, anticipating that their leader would once again reemerge and guide them to peace, but some received the news and formed much less benign intentions. Many of the Renegades determined that they would be able to choose who the new Zodiac Princess would be if they brought an individual of their choosing to fulfill the prophecy. Thus, it became a point of contention between the Zodiacs to ensure that the correct person is chosen to fulfill the role of Zodiac Princess.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]A hundred years after the death of Andromeda, in the present day, the time of the prophecy begins to draw increasingly close. The Zodiacs begin to seek out the one who will be chosen to fulfill the role of Zodiac Princess, while some - particularly those allied with the Renegades - attempt to determine a suitable candidate for their own purposes. In their search, they begin to detect trace hints of magical energy in various individuals, primarily concentrated around the town of Oakland, California. Undoubtedly, these people are potential candidates to host the soul of the Zodiac Princess, but the question remains; which one of them will make it to the temple?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The Loyal Zodiacs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Originally comprised of all twelve Zodiacs until several began to defect to the Renegade side, the loyal Zodiacs feel that they have a duty to serve humanity and protect it from harm. They seem humans as naturally good and compassionate, and that it is only right for humans to rule over themselves. These Zodiacs feel it immoral to exploit their special powers for their own personal gain, knowing that the gods specifically gifted these powers to them for the purpose of fulfilling their duty. To use their powers against humans would give them an unfair advantage, and one of the main duties of the Zodiacs is to be righteous and fair at all times. The loyal Zodiacs ally themselves with the Zodiac Princess and her loss was devastating to their cohesion as a group. Some of the loyal Zodiacs do not trust each other, as it is not known for certain if it even was one of the Renegade Zodiacs who killed the princess. In general, the loyal Zodiacs treat the Renegades with more suspicion than they do with any of each other, but a seed of doubt remains. Without the leadership of the Zodiac Princess, the loyal Zodiacs do their best to continue fulfilling their duty to protect humanity, holding onto the hope that the Zodiac Princess will reappear and lead them into a peaceful and prosperous future.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The Renegade Zodiacs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The Renegade Zodiacs, a group started and led by Scorpio, believe humanity to be full of corruption and generally detestable. While the degree to which individual Renegades despise humanity differs, the general consensus is that humanity is not something to be revered and that humans do not deserve any more protection than any other creature on earth. The Renegades desire to rule over humanity, feeling that humanity cannot be trusted with dominion over themselves. Humankind is too full of malicious and selfish intent to be allowed to continue regulating themselves, and the Renegades feel it much more prudent to take charge of them instead. Since the loyal Zodiacs generally interfere with them taking direct control, many of the Renegade Zodiacs have found ways in which to take indirect control while taking on a human alias. The Renegades were not particularly happy about the death of the Zodiac Princess, and due to the contentious nature of many of them, as well as having somewhat differing ideals, the Renegade Zodiacs have more or less split apart, only working together as it suited them. Many believe that with a Zodiac Princess who shares their vision of what is necessary for humanity, they will be able to rule over humans and achieve authority that is rightfully theirs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Available Roles*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Zodiacs:[/SIZE]

Aquarius -

Virgo - @simj22

Libra - @DustyLeaves

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Zodiac Princess Candidates:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]- @Xylona[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]-[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] @animegirl20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]- @turntechSlimeghost[/SIZE]

- @theunderwolf

-

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]*Note: Players may play several characters, but I ask that you choose to play [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]either[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] a Zodiac or Zodiac Princess Candidate. Additional characters will be exclusively regular individuals for the time being and can be friends with existing characters, or human allies of particular Zodiac characters (with permission from whoever plays that character).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Reserved Roles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Zodiacs:[/SIZE]

Capricorn - @ApfelSeine

Cancer - @Kimona

Pisces - @Blackrose7

Sagittarius - @Mr Swiftshots

Gemini - @Kairikudo

Scorpio - @AnimeGenork

Aries - @Cheshire Grin

Leo - @Isacoolbow

Taurus - @Buffasaur

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Note: As we are starting over, players of zodiac characters are free to choose which side (loyal or renegade) they’d like to ally their character with. Additionally, it is left undetermined who the murderer of the princess is, for purposes of suspense and since no one has yet expressed interest in being the culprit responsible. Please PM me if you would be interested in playing the character who was responsible for the princess's death (this need not be right away, as I will decide when the roleplay begins). The only requirement if you are chosen will be that you keep the character’s involvement a secret and out of inner monologues in order to prevent other players from metagaming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Additional Information[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]This roleplay will be a fairly laid back one, with no particular post length or frequency requirement. All that I ask is that those intending to play Zodiac characters make an effort to be as involved as possible, and that ideally no one leave another player hanging for too long (though in order to avoid players feeling stuck, I am introducing the ability to create additional characters in non-major roles so that players can continue to roleplay instead of having to wait around). If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll endeavor to address them as best I can. Additionally, I am open to any suggestions, though I cannot guarantee that all suggestions will end up being implemented. I will try my best to make this a fun rp for all of us, and I look forward to rping with you ^_^ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]If you are interested, please post the role which you would like below and I will edit this post to include you. Roles will be filled on a first come first serve basis.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very intriguing! I'd be interested in reserving a potential zodiac princess role, if that's all well and fine. 

This is very intriguing! I'd be interested in reserving a potential zodiac princess role, if that's all well and fine. 

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that you're interested. I'll put you down for the role of one of the zodiac princess candidates  :)

Ugh, I would love to, but it seems the only role available is Virgo. I've never roleplayed as a virgo in zodiac rps before. I was always Aquarius or Libra. XD Amazing concept though! 

I'll take Virgo! 

Edit: Just saw I'm a little late lemme know if anyone needs to be filled in for!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I would love to, but it seems the only role available is Virgo. I've never roleplayed as a virgo in zodiac rps before. I was always Aquarius or Libra. XD Amazing concept though! 

Actually that was recently changed and I forgot to update the thread XD The zodiac available is supposed to be Libra, so if you'd be interested in playing Libra let me know.

May I take the role of the Virgo zodiac?

Sorry that one had been taken :( I meant to update the thread sooner. If you'd be interested in playing one of the princess candidates (or want to be informed if any of the zodiac spots open up) let me know :)

Let me know if anything else opens up please!

I definately will ^_^ If you'd like to play one of the zodiac princess candidates, we're still looking for more people to fill those roles. Otherwise, I'll let you know if any of the players drop out.

Sorry that one had been taken :( I meant to update the thread sooner. If you'd be interested in playing one of the princess candidates (or want to be informed if any of the zodiac spots open up) let me know :)

It's quite alright! And, I was originally going to ask if I could play as a princess candidate. If you wouldn't mind, could I take up the princess role?

It's quite alright! And, I was originally going to ask if I could play as a princess candidate. If you wouldn't mind, could I take up the princess role?

You absolutely can ^_^ I'll add you to the roleplay right away.

I'll give the princesses a shot then sounds fun :)  

Glad to hear it :D I'm looking forward to having you in the roleplay.

;3  Do I have the Libra role?~

Yup :) I'll go add you and amend the character list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back