• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robin man

He/They
Date: November 4, 2020 C. E. — Thursday

The day started like any other day in the Canadian wilderness. The wildlife had been going on as normal, the plants, the animals were all living as peaceful as nature attended. The thick forest of pine trees covered miles of the Canadian landscape. Up until one spot that stuck out. A half mile away, three helicopters flew above the forested countryside. All three helicopters were painted black, except for on the doors where the S.H.I.E.L.D logo painted on both doors. Just with that alone, people seeing the helicopters would know that it was important and extremely private buisness.

In the center helicopter, two people sat silent. One person was a green skinned woman and a muscular black man. Neither one of them wore the standard S.H.I.E.L.D agent uniform. These two were the first step for a revival program called The Young Avengers. After the end of the original team a decade ago the world seemed a little more safe. But not safe enough to keep a few super powered agents on staff and under watch.

But if recent reports were true up here, this threat would need a team to stop it. These two agents were both top of the recruitment list. The green skinned woman stuck her hand out for a handshake. “Son of Luke Cage, right? The names Stacy Walters my name.” Due to the circumstance of this possible threat, introductions had to wait.

Kaztastrophe Kaztastrophe Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
The young man wearing black jeans and black and yellow star hoodie had been in his own thoughts since he got on the helicopter. This was their first mission and only two out of...God knows how many initiates, to be going on their first real mission. The adrenaline and anxiety was getting to him. For one, he didn't think he was going to be accepted to actually do a mission. Perhaps it was a test to see if they could actually make the cut. He can feel his heart pounding like crazy and no matter how hard he tries to control his breathing, it just isn't working out for him. His rampant thoughts are interrupted by the green, muscular yet somewhat curvy girl sitting across from him she inroduced herself as Stacy Walters, daughter of Jeniffer Walters. One of the best lawyers in the country and commonly known as She-Hulk. They were both to be partners for this mission and the key to any good partnership, is communication. The young man takes her hand and shakes it firmly "Yea. Mark Cage. Nice to meet ya', Stace. Feelin' nervous?" He asks in a bid to make conversation to ease his nerves

“Nice to meet you Mark. And to be honest, I’m super nervous. I’m trying my best to not shake, but I’m also excited.” Stacy was being honest, she was excited to finally get on the field, she just wished she had some idea of why they were being brought out this far from home.

All the two were told was there was something in the Canadian wilderness that required investigating. Her guess was that some higher ups thought this would be perfect for on field training, it must not be that bad then if they were sending a few trainees without a high ranking agent.

About twenty minutes later; the three helicopters landed on a dirt parking lot at one of the entrances to the state park. Stacy hopped out and stretched her back in legs. “I hate sitting in those little helicopters in this form.” She said, trying to make more small talk.

Mark smirks as he unfastens himself and hops out the helicopter "Isnt too much of a problem for me." Referencing his own height as Mark is rather rather on the short-side. 5 feet and 5 inches to be exact. Not exactly what you'd expect from the son of the mountainous Hero for Hire himself. Mark looks across the wide snowy expanse, the frost-covered tree and mountains. "Whoo! Winter came early for us, huh?"

Sharon was in the wilderness of Canada training for a mission when she got the call about something strange going on. She went into the cabin she was staying in to suit up. After putting her suit on she put a parka on over it. She hoped on her snowmobile and made her way to the LZ to wait for the others to show up.

Topanga was working with the Stark Satellite Network when she detected a strange energy reading in Canada. She ran several tests to make sure it wasn't a glitch and ran them across all none energy signatures except for the ones her father had listed in a private server only he accessed to. The tests came back with the satellites in perfect working order and it matched no known energy signatures. She decided to bust out her private project. She suited up and flew to Canada. On her way there she picked up Shield helicopters on the edge of her sensor readings, she followed them to their landing point figuring they were going to the same place.

It had been almost thirty years since Justin Hammer pulled the Disruptors' plug, since then the base had become broken and decrepit, the only way he was even able to move was because of a glitch in whatever self-sustained power there was left. Disruptor made is way out of the base and found himself in the Canadian wilderness, he wandered searching for, well anything, any reason to do anything. He had been wandering for a while when he came across a small town, the townspeople took one look at him and ran to their houses afraid. He soon accepted that he wouldn't find a purpose among these people so he decided to find it among the trees. Since that first incident however, he had become a sort of boogie-man, a monster that people feared running into in the forest at night. One day he heard a noise and looked up to see helicopter bearing the symbol of a group known as shield. He knew that if SHIELD was there, it could only be for one thing.

Last edited:
Stacy looked over towards Mark with an slightly unimpressed face when commented on the weather. “That’s Canada for you, at least I think.” Stacy was born and raised in San-Diego, so she was more accustomed to the heat. Luckily her Hulk form made her comfortable.

Stacy looked up and noticed aircraft following behind them. “That must be Topanga.” She said softly, only know her on a first name basis. Then once Sharon arrived, and Topanga landed, a man in high ranking S.H.E.I.L.D gear.

“Good morning ladies, and gentleman. My names agent Francis, I’m here for your debrief. For the past few weeks locals have reported seeing tons of activity coming through the national park, and also have been hearing strange noises coming from the woods for the past several nights. Your job is to go into the park and clearly find out what’s going.”

Francis handed everyone an earpiece. “Don’t lose these. And once you feel the area is safe, contact us for pickup. And good luck agents.” Francis gave a quick for a dismiss before he head back to his helicopter.

Mark watches the helicopters beginning to take off as he puts the earpiece in his ear. "So these things work for communicating with each other right?" Mark asks. He puts his head over his head and looks around for a bit only to find that he doesn't know where to look or what exactly they needed to keep an eye-out for. With any luck they'll come across something out of the ordinary "Split or stick?" He asks Stacy as he puts his hands into his pockets to keep his hands from getting potential frostbite.

Stacy quickly slipped her earpiece on as well. She looked around the are at their squad before she gave a quick nod. She wasn’t expecting to thrown into the semi-leader role.

“I guess we should stick together. We’re in foreign territory at this point. Everyone just stay close and eyes sharp.” She took the front as they entered the walking trail.

The wilderness was rather silent, the air itself felt it was standing still. Stacy kept farting her eyes at each tree, rock, and trail sign sign that popped. “You three feel that too, right?” She asked out loud, breaking the foreboding silence.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Kaztastrophe Kaztastrophe Darklord95 Darklord95

Disruptor stepped out in the middle of the trail a little ways from the base, awaiting the arrival of SHIELD.

Sharon zoomed up beside the Hulk. “So your the reinforcements I was promised would be coming.“ She didn’t get off her snowmobile. She was not overly enthused dealing with an angry green behemoth or Power Man lite. She was expecting real agents or at least Mandroids. She then saw something in the distance.

Topanga came in for a landing. She recognized Sharon, she didn’t recognize the other two. One she figured was a Hulk or a Skrull. The other was anyone’s guess. She ordered her AI to activate the voice filter to sound like her dad.

Sharon didn’t recognize Tony’s armor but he built those things like crazy last she heard he was up to like 129 different models give or take. “Tony they send you to babysit your successors?”

Stacy was, for a moment confused to say the least. Before she had time to respond to Sharon, an Ironman suit landed a few behind the group. Stacy knee for certain that she hasn’t Tony Stark at any point during her training. It was entirely possible he could’ve played from behind the scenes.

Stacy took a closer look at the suit. She noticed some of the more feminine features, mainly in the hips and the chest regions. Stacy figured it was some prototype suit for his wife that is capable of autopilot without the user in the suit. With the wealth and intellect the legend has, anything is possible.

“Mr.Stark, I wasn’t expecting you to join us. Figured you have more important business to deal with back in the states.” Stacy heard footsteps behind them. She turned back and saw a man with an obvious robotic body.

“Is that guy with you too?” Stacy pointed toward the unknown individual. For all she knew, he could be the man responsible for the recent spike of activity in the park.

Topanga still using the Tony voice modulation. "I wasn't expecting you either, I detected a weird energy signature and decided to check it out." She looked at the thing the Hulk pointed out. She recognized it from her father's files. "It is not with me. I don't associate with Hammer products, unless I am going to dismantle or destroy it. The thing is a Disruptor robot, supposed to have been decomissioned thirty years ago give or take if memory serves." She raised her right arm to blast it if need be. "It seems to be damaged. No telling how many more are out there. Keep an eye out."

Sharon engaged her Energy Shield Guantlets, one a shield the other a sword. "Stop right where you are Diruptor." She pointed her sword at it's face.

Disruptor stopped when it was told to, it looked at each member of the group and said "Are you the ones who came here on those helicopters?"

Sharon rolled her eyes. “No that was the IRS. They went that way.” She pointed to her left with her sword.“

Topanga rolled her eyes at Sharon’s bitchy attitude. Still modulating her voice to sound like her dad. “The one with the attitude problem didn’t come with the helicopters, she came on a snowmobile evidenced by her sitting on it. The green behemoth & the guy came via helicopter.” She started to hover, her jets me,ting the snow. She landed as quickly as her demonstration began. “I am my own transport. What are you doing here and why?”

The Disruptor recognized the signature look of Iron Man, although his voice seemed different than the one in hammerteks' audio banks. He ignored Iron Mans' question and turned to 'The Green Behemoth' and 'The Guy' "If you two came here on those helicopters then that means you are SHIELD, which means you are here for the base. Am I correct?"

3fba5284272c08a149b86ac31dd681a9.png

Killian Andersen // Cupid
Killian had spent the last several months isolated in the Canadian wilderness. An important part of training was roughing it out, or whatever term the Black Widow had used. Likely a term much more formal. Killian wasn't enjoying the cabin nights that only felt colder as they mounted up on each other. He'd been through thousands of hours, and lost count of bullets fired off too. He could attest though, that the experience had made him more resilient to the temperature. He wouldn't admit it to Natasha, but the experience seemed to make him more accustomed to the cold, become more familiar with the bears and animal-life out wild, as well as the nature (even if 90% of the ground was covered in snow).

"Ring, ring, ring!" Sounded the alarm. Killian's back jolted upwards, surprised at the alarm... one he hadn't set himself. On the nightstand next to his bed, a miniature hologram with the image of a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent appeared. As the agent went on about a mission, new team, and the stakes at hand, Killian couldn't help but crack a subtle smirk. "... A SHIELD prescribed hovercycle is being sent remotely to your location. Good luck, Agent Cupid. The rest of SHIELD hopes you put your training to use so an Iraq situation doesn't repeat itself." Her final words stung. The main reason Killian was sent to the wilderness, one he tried to forget, the one that got him "benched" from S.H.I.E.L.D. was his efforts in an Iraq rescue mission that had resulted in more civilian casualties than those rescued. A poorly-choiced arrow had derailed the entire mission, and what was worse was that he was the leader of the squad, leading S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives under his command. Killian wouldn't be getting a promotion anytime soon, but now that he was finally pardoned from his grounding, and back in the field, the only way from here was up.

He used the time at hand to fix a light breakfast, and suit up. The cabin, in spite of its wood exterior, was entirely automated S.H.I.E.L.D. technology. Once done taking care of his breakfast needs, the walls in his bedroom opened in mechanical fashion. Glowing blue lights shone from the black metal, but on the stands were his suit (now padded for the cold temperature) which had a new red hoodie on it, his bow, his quiver, and his selection of firearms. Killian smirked and donned the red archer suit, slid his quiver over his person. With a strong motion downwards, the bow retracted into a small double-edged weapon that could fit in one hand. One that clipped onto the quiver behind him. On his waist lay his utility belt, various military-grade weapons sat there, as well as his personal assortment of firearms. "Your S.H.I.E.L.D. transport has arrived." The cabin's A.I. said. Killian smiled again. His eyes were now covered in the red "Cupid" visor, one that not only protected his eyes, but had its own HUD inside of it.

Killian made his way out from the front, as the cabin's mechanical walls reverted to their regular wooden facade. He stepped out into the cold weather, but with the new modifications to his suit such as the sleeves, padding, and fur-hood that sat over his head, the cold didn't do much to him. Killian made his way towards the S.H.I.E.L.D. hovercycle, revved it for show, and with his coordinates displayed in the screen of his visor, he made way to where he'd be meeting up with the others. It was the first time he'd left the cabin in a very long time, and with much to lose, he prayed the mission went smoothly. He'd already been debriefed earlier that morning by the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, so wouldn't need to pay attention to that when he finally arrived.

It only took just over half an hour for Killian to arrive in the park. He recognized the entirety of the team, Stacy, Mark, and Sharon. The Ironman was new, and Killian doubted Tony Stark would ever be present at something like this. Something odd was the robot following the group, though if it was a threat, the group would make it clear to him. The hovercycle neared all of them, and Killian's smile was visible under his thick winter get-up. "I'm back bitches! No longer on the bench cause coach put me in." He roared, his excitement evident in his voice. The park was large, but with energy-reading technology and the heroes at hand, Killian assumed this would be a very quick get-in, get-out scenario.

"So what's the plan? Split or stick?" He asked, unaware that Mark had already asked it earlier. "And yes, guys, I'll tell you all about my time in these Canadian wilds later. Stop giving me those funny looks." He joked. He was just glad to be out in the field, helping his comrades and doing something besides being grounded by Natasha and S.H.I.E.L.D.

3fba5284272c08a149b86ac31dd681a9.png

Killian Andersen // Cupid
Killian had spent the last several months isolated in the Canadian wilderness. An important part of training was roughing it out, or whatever term the Black Widow had used. Likely a term much more formal. Killian wasn't enjoying the cabin nights that only felt colder as they mounted up on each other. He'd been through thousands of hours, and lost count of bullets fired off too. He could attest though, that the experience had made him more resilient to the temperature. He wouldn't admit it to Natasha, but the experience seemed to make him more accustomed to the cold, become more familiar with the bears and animal-life out wild, as well as the nature (even if 90% of the ground was covered in snow).

"Ring, ring, ring!" Sounded the alarm. Killian's back jolted upwards, surprised at the alarm... one he hadn't set himself. On the nightstand next to his bed, a miniature hologram with the image of a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent appeared. As the agent went on about a mission, new team, and the stakes at hand, Killian couldn't help but crack a subtle smirk. "... A SHIELD prescribed hovercycle is being sent remotely to your location. Good luck, Agent Cupid. The rest of SHIELD hopes you put your training to use so an Iraq situation doesn't repeat itself." Her final words stung. The main reason Killian was sent to the wilderness, one he tried to forget, the one that got him "benched" from S.H.I.E.L.D. was his efforts in an Iraq rescue mission that had resulted in more civilian casualties than those rescued. A poorly-choiced arrow had derailed the entire mission, and what was worse was that he was the leader of the squad, leading S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives under his command. Killian wouldn't be getting a promotion anytime soon, but now that he was finally pardoned from his grounding, and back in the field, the only way from here was up.

He used the time at hand to fix a light breakfast, and suit up. The cabin, in spite of its wood exterior, was entirely automated S.H.I.E.L.D. technology. Once done taking care of his breakfast needs, the walls in his bedroom opened in mechanical fashion. Glowing blue lights shone from the black metal, but on the stands were his suit (now padded for the cold temperature) which had a new red hoodie on it, his bow, his quiver, and his selection of firearms. Killian smirked and donned the red archer suit, slid his quiver over his person. With a strong motion downwards, the bow retracted into a small double-edged weapon that could fit in one hand. One that clipped onto the quiver behind him. On his waist lay his utility belt, various military-grade weapons sat there, as well as his personal assortment of firearms. "Your S.H.I.E.L.D. transport has arrived." The cabin's A.I. said. Killian smiled again. His eyes were now covered in the red "Cupid" visor, one that not only protected his eyes, but had its own HUD inside of it.

Killian made his way out from the front, as the cabin's mechanical walls reverted to their regular wooden facade. He stepped out into the cold weather, but with the new modifications to his suit such as the sleeves, padding, and fur-hood that sat over his head, the cold didn't do much to him. Killian made his way towards the S.H.I.E.L.D. hovercycle, revved it for show, and with his coordinates displayed in the screen of his visor, he made way to where he'd be meeting up with the others. It was the first time he'd left the cabin in a very long time, and with much to lose, he prayed the mission went smoothly. He'd already been debriefed earlier that morning by the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, so wouldn't need to pay attention to that when he finally arrived.

It only took just over half an hour for Killian to arrive in the park. He recognized the entirety of the team, Stacy, Mark, and Sharon. The Ironman was new, and Killian doubted Tony Stark would ever be present at something like this. Something odd was the robot following the group, though if it was a threat, the group would make it clear to him. The hovercycle neared all of them, and Killian's smile was visible under his thick winter get-up. "I'm back bitches! No longer on the bench cause coach put me in." He roared, his excitement evident in his voice. The park was large, but with energy-reading technology and the heroes at hand, Killian assumed this would be a very quick get-in, get-out scenario.

"So what's the plan? Split or stick?" He asked, unaware that Mark had already asked it earlier. "And yes, guys, I'll tell you all about my time in these Canadian wilds later. Stop giving me those funny looks." He joked. He was just glad to be out in the field, helping his comrades and doing something besides being grounded by Natasha and S.H.I.E.L.D.
Whaddya think I am stupid, Cupid! You stole red arrows design!
(This is a joke)

“What base?” Stacys focus was set off course from the mysterious machine to a very familiar voice coming from behind the group. “Is that, Killian?” She thought to herself. When she locked her eyes on the man. The visual confirmation alone was enough for Stacys blood rush to her green cheeks.

“Well you look warm and ready.” She said, trying her best not to sound flustered, luckily her skin pigmentation was enough to hide the blush. The last thing Stacy needed to stick out even more then she already did, with herself being the tallest one at six feet six inches tall, and was wearing ripped jeans, a Captain America t-shirt with a pair of converse as her way protecting her feet.

Stacy shook her to focus. “Ah no actually. The plan is to stick together for this one. Figured that you missed being with us.” She teased. Stacy looked back at the Hammer Industry machine with a look of confusion. “What base?”
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Kaztastrophe Kaztastrophe Darklord95 Darklord95 fin fin

"The base filled with people that have been taking the villagers and animals for a year and 3 months." He answered. "If you do not know about the base, then perhaps SHIELD did not receive my message. Whether you know about the base or not is irrelevant, if you do not stop them, this place will never be peaceful again."

"A year and three months?! Damn...Then how are we just now hearing about this? Clearly someone had to have issued some reports or something. Unless they've been taking people who normally wouldn't be missed." Mark deduces trying to figure out why they were so late and are just hearing this news

"None of them ever had time to report it. They started slow at first, no one notices when a herd of deer goes missing, or a school of salmon. But then they started taking people, at first there would be one missing a day. But then they started taking villages, hording the people into their base, and never bringing them back out. I decided I was done letting them take as they pleased, so I contacted the only organization I thought could help me. I sent SHIELD an SOS 4 days ago, are you the ones they sent to help me?"

"Surprising, I know. This is basically SHIELD graduating us to college. With this entire mission being our first class." Mark puts his hands in his pockets and begins to trek through the snow

((Topanga is not using the voice modulation. Pretend like she never did use it.))

Topanga zipped up into the air to find said base. All she could find in any direction was a dam. "All I can see is a dam up ahead. That and villages which are probably empty according to the robot." She began to scout ahead.

Sharon really didn't like Topanga's impulsiveness. "Damn it Topanga stick with the group. The rest of you stick to protocol. I gotta go stop Ironbutt before she blows our element of surprise." Sharon chased after Topanga on her snowmobile.

When Topanga was within weapons range a surface to air missile launched. She dodged it barely in time. She dropped to the ground.

The explosion from the missile lit up the sky like the Fourth of July. "DAMN YOU TOPANGA!" Sharon got on comms. "Ironbutt blew our element of surprise. Be on the lookout for whatever might be coming from the dam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back