• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Year After: Hogwarts Roleplay

Minnie De'Maria

It was easy, falling back in this routine of playful banter and shy smiles with Jonathan. Even when she couldn't stand her, he had away of breaking through her minds constant ramble of information. She was suddenly recalling a memory from her third year: she was sitting in the library, studying of course, and a rather obnoxious, cocky Slytherin 4th year strode over to her. He hadn't expected to her to be nearly so... unimpressed. She recalled his face at that moment with a light heart. She would have laughed at one who had told her, at that point, that they would have dated for two years. The heart works in strange, strange ways. It was amusing and funny to listen to the Jonathan Thaddeus admit to one of his flaws, though modesty was one of his major flaws. Sitting here, talking to him like this, she could almost imagine that the war hadn't happened, that his family hadn't been murdered, that she wasn't completely unraveling. How comforting that old habits always seemed to have a way of resurfacing. If Barry knew that she was talking to him like this... She could imagine to look on her best friend's face and she quickly pushed that image out of her head. Instead, she let out a soft chuckle at Jon saying he was concerned for her taste in men and then found herself momentarily speechless when he let the bit slip about working to get her back. Before, she would have been so glad to hear it. And it did still make her heart soar nearly into her throat when he said the words, but she wasn't whole anymore and he surely wasn't whole either and you can't make yourself whole by using someone else's half of themselves. Shaking the thought from her head and attempting to shake the feeling from her chest, she forced another smile, letting out a soft laugh at his sorry excuse for a subject change. Not letting him get away with that one, she found herself teasing him again, but with a note of seriousness to her tone, "Well, if I'm not mistaken, I recall you leaving me, not me leaving you."

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Jonathan knew his excuse was sorry, and Minnie's laugh was well deserved. Glad for it, since it bought him time to think of a response. And just as he began, she stopped dead in her tracks, the quiet wrath of Minnie De'Maria was about to be unleashed in the west corridor...
"That I also recall, and I want you to hear this. I regret pushing you away, and i'm not gonna say that helped me heal any faster. It was a dumb mistake to push away the girl that I fought hard for in my 4th year. A younger one at that." Jonathan didn't know what to do with himself. Awkwardly shifting on his feet, he continued, his cold blue eyes melting slightly."Minnie De'Maria I love you. I always have, and always will. Though you might not fancy me, you'll always be the girl this dumbass had a crush on. And I needed you to hear it..."
sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98

Minnie De'Maria

And there they stood, in the middle of the corridor, a few students here and there, wandering the halls before classes started. She couldn't remember the last time Jonathan's eyes had looked that honest, those eyes used to make her weak in the knees. She would have done anything for those eyes. She listened as he spoke, hearing every word clearly and drinking them all in like there were water and she'd spent the last month in the Sahara Desert. She swallowed hard, looking away from his face and toward a window where the early morning sun was shining through. Thinking carefully about what to say next. She twiddled with her fingers before glancing back at him, slightly unsure if what she was about to say was the right thing to say, but she decided she would say it anyway. "Jonathan..." she started, having to take a deep breath to give her voice any strength, "I will always love you, as well. But... But too much has changed. I've changed. I'm not... I-I'm not me. Not anymore." She opened her mouth to say more but thought better of it. He had problems of his own and she had Defense Against the Dark Arts in five minutes. She tried to give him a weak smile, leaning up on her tiptoes to leave a light kiss on his cheek and then she turned away from him and went back down the corridor, heading toward the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and trying to shake her head clean of anything other than lessons.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Last edited:
Ada Stowe

Ada has been beginning to examine the small mountain of eggs that sat on her plate, a monstrosity of slick, slippery orange hues and half burst bubbles the color of bone, when a small piece of parchment, folded elegantly into a formation resembling a miniature aircraft approached, landing atop her delicate, delectable hill of various breakfast items and assortments. Ada’s most immediate reaction was to frown with mild concern for the pneumatically powered device which had settled a few inches beneath her chin. It seemed to be quite lost, she decided, amidst the chaos of the first Hogwarts Breakfast. She tapped it tentatively with her wand, before hesitantly unfolding the note and scanning its contents. It was only as she studied the incriminating list, swallowing the words as one would a small stack of pebbles, that is, with the greatest displeasure, that she became aware of the discord that had rapidly enveloped the hall. The air surrounding the tables was thick with flitting, fluttering whispers and barbed sharp with a venerable collection of pointed looks of every variety. Her name was pulsing ebony against the paper in the corner of her vision, though this was the very least of her concerns. The Beaumont boy rose, glaring daggers, -oh the air was ever so sharp- at Thaddeus before attempting to assault him, only to be halted in his tracks by not one, not two, but three fellow students. De’Maria and Tremaine were united in their collective attempts to separate their respective beaus and Galinski appeared to be casting a spell that vaulted Beaumont several steps backward, Ada smiled at that, it had been a clever bit of spellwork. By the time her peers’ drama had come to full fruition, breakfast had come to a close. Ada slipped out of the hall, slowing as she spotted Thaddeus and De’Maria positively overcome by their collective affection and attraction. She could have cut the tension with a knife, and briefly considered attempting to do so. Instead, however, she neared the pair as they separated and giggled, speaking to Thaddeus, with a measure of spritely giddiness, “Oh, I must thank you, it is a thrill to see my name in print.”

Maeve gingerly gripped onto the Gryffindor boy's hand, tensing in an effort to keep her hands from shaking. Her other hand instinctively went to his hand as well, gently holding his wrist as his arm came to drape over her shoulder. The warmth that immediately enveloped her was shockingly comforting, Maeve plastering herself to his side as they walked quickly out into the hall. Mere feet before they hit the giant wooden doors, a hissing voice pierced back into the Hufflepuff's psyche. Jonathan's final comments were barely audible at her distance, but it was as though her brain was trying to catch what he said. Swears and more hateful speech flooded into her brain, and Maeve found herself darting out of the room whilist tugging Chandler behind her. Her breaths grew shallow again as her stride slowed down, turning around suddenly to press her forehead into Chandler's chest.
"Its-its fine. We don't need to talk about it. Its over.", she said assuredly, more in a hope to convince herself rather than Chandler. The chestnut haired girl was silent for a moment, only to look back up into Chandler's eyes and sigh heavily. "One hell of a first day, huh?" She flashed her friend a shaky smile, and laughed exhaustedly to herself; returning to her place wrapped up under his arm. Squeezing his hand gently as her trembling dissipated, she simply stayed put; content.

( sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98 )

After scarfing down breakfast while maintaining a somewhat dapper appearance, Kellan got sluggishly back on his feet and left the Great Hall with a sense of accomplishment. Typically his nerves prevented him from eating on the first couple of days back to school, but he chalked it up to the adrenaline. He stretched his limbs leisurely as he began to head in the general direction of his first class, taking extra time to avoid being too early. Kellan vaguely recalled his first class at Hogwarts and how McGonagall had been so impressed with his fashionably late entrance that she had graced him with three days detention to "practice arriving on time". His lips twitched in a half smile at the memory, thinking how odd it would be to have a new Transfiguration teacher this year.

When he finally arrived on the correct floor (two minutes to go) to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, it was still deserted. Appalled to be first on the scene, he quickly made a sharp turn and wandered a ways down a connecting hall to wait for the others. Wanting to appear somewhat less antsy, Kellan pulled out his wand and flicked it over his hair, peering at the reflection in the window to verify the loose strands were put correctly back into place. He tilted his chin back to prod at the shadow under his eyes with a finger before deciding that those too needed to go. He murmured the incantation under his breath before doing the wand movement, causing the dark bags to fade, leaving behind a much brighter complexion if he did say so himself. How he didn't have more people fawning over him was a mystery.

He hastily stuffed his wand back in his robe pocket when a trio of hufflepuffs started to snigger as they passed. Kellan pursed his lips in their direction; they could do to learn some of these spells, he thought bitterly, his gaze flickering over the nearest girl's too-big uniform and the unkempt mop of hair that adorned her head. At least one of them had the sense to have make-up on. He shrugged his schoolbag higher onto his shoulder before returning to his class, this time smiling at the small gaggle of his peers already milling about outside the door. Keeping his head high and a fake look of boredom neatly in place, he joined them just as the door was being opened to allow entry.

Last edited:
Chandler Beaumont

It took everything in Chandler not to turn around when Jonathan's last threatening promise glided through the air and found it's way to home. He had half a mind to go back in there and finish what he had started. But, he was already practically out the door and Maeve looked like she was in no state for him to go run off and rage again. When Maeve caught wind of what Jon had said, she seemed to tense up even more, if at all possible, and all but sprinted the rest of the way out of the hall. Chandler stumbled, almost falling as he was drug after her. Once they were in the entrance hall though, she slowed down and stopped, turning toward him and leaning into him, burying her face in his chest. Suddenly feeling very, very bad for putting her in this situation, he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a little hug, running his fingers through her hair. She smelled like lavender. Lovely, lovely lavender. Maybe if Chandler wasn't so quick to fight everyone for every little thing it wouldn't have been as bad for her. This thought made Chandler's mood drop even lower than it already was. He looked at her face as she pulled back and looked up at him, giving her a small warm smile as she spoke and then let out a soft chuckle. He spoke as he moved to start walking up the stairs, his arm comfortably around her shoulders, "I'm sorry, Mae, I should've had more self control, even if Jon is the most vile creature to ever walk this planet. Anyway, what class do you have first?"

spooksspook spooksspook

Minnie De'Maria

The first day of classes had not started off in the way she had hoped that it would. Not in the least. With a least of names of deserters given out with sole purpose of brushing people the wrong way, a fight nearly breaking out during breakfast, and Jonathan suddenly deciding that he was ready to possibly reopen to her, she actually desired a nice long nap. The girl who couldn't get a wink of sleep, especially not in this castle, was daydreaming about a nap. When she reached the door to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, she was a little horrified to realize that the events of the morning had distracted her so much that she wasn't the first or even the second student to arrive, as she was greeting by a nice sized group of students milling about outside the room. She heaved her back up higher onto her shoulder and wove her way through them, finding a seat at the front of the classroom, of course, and sitting down, pulling out her parchment and quill and taking a moment to close her eyes. She felt the need to mentally prepare herself to focus on nothing but the lesson. No outside distractions, no people, no haunting memories. Just her and the information. The thought was soothing. Knowledge was such a great stress reliever. She remained like that, sitting with her eyes closed, as the minutes before the class started ticked away.

Kellan had managed to snag the best seat in the room, the one directly next to the window with a pleasant breeze wafting in, after practically diving into it just before a lanky Gryffindor's rear could make contact. The other boy gave the Slytherin a cold glare before sitting in the less enticing one behind, which had the misfortune of being near Helen Walters who somehow never failed to smell like cabbage. Things were certainly looking up and Kellan was even more cheerful to see Minnie walk in a moment later. After all, he'd just been thinking about befriending the Ravenclaw and when better than now?

...Except that the girl in question seemed very much distracted and looked like the last thing she wanted was to be bothered. But really, Kellan was Kellan. He decided that he was far from a burden and chose to ignore the warning signs to bugger off. Pulling a piece of paper from his bag and a quill and ink pot, he started to jot down a greeting. 'So we meet again. How is Jon?' He crossed off the last part after deciding that he really didn't care at the moment about Jonathan Thaddeus; the guy hadn't even said thanks. Ungrateful prat. 'How are you liking the first day back? Nothing like start of year drama to freshen your morning.' His wand re-emerged from the depth of his designer pocket and was back in action, a lofty swish sending the now neatly folded note across the way to land on Minnie's desk.

001-1024x682-640x426.jpg

Barry Elliot Noble

A year later and everything was different. Everything was wrong. Normally the punctual and studious pupil, Barry was still laying in bed by the time breakfast had started in the Great Hall. Groaning he would force himself from the comfort of the four poster King, riffling through his still unpacked trunk. Tossing on loose flannel shirt over an old, faded shirt advertising some American company, Barry slipped into a pair of worn jeans. Paired with a pair of brown moccasin slippers he had found he could have been the poster child for "JUST WENT THROUGH SO MUCH TRAUMA AND IS WORKING THROUGH IT." Normally one to put at least a considerable amount of effort into an outfit, this would be a telling sign to any who really knew him of the mental state he was in.

Tucking his wand in the waistband of his jeans he crossed the room, heading for the door, stopping only to give his dark brown hair a quick rake through with his hand, in some effort to give his appearance some sort of style.
Perhaps I could get away with that "too cool for school look today..." Not that it really matters... The thoughts snaked their way through his brain at a snail's pace, still working through the fog of sleep that lingered within. Shaking his head he grabbed his bag he had left by the door the night before, so shaken by the first night back that he had completely forgotten to stow the canvas messenger bag.

Slinging the bag over his shoulder he would shuffle down to the Great Hall, a slight tinge of disappointment dinging in his tired brain at seeing that the mealtime was over, and he only had a handful of minutes to get to his first class. Digging a piece of parchment out from his bag he scanned it quickly, his mind clearing as he adjusted to being awake. Defense Against The Dark Arts? That would be my morning class... A smile pulled at the corner of his mouth at the absurdity of it. The class that was cursed with a revolving door of teachers, many who tended to do more harm than good.

As he stepped forward he almost slipped on a piece of paper lying on the floor, causing a group of third year students to giggle at his misfortune. Footprints covered the paper from the various students who had been walking the halls to their classes. Bending down to pick it up he would scan the contents as he began the walk to class, his chocolatey eyes darkening to a more fitting ebony color as he read the writing, his... List fouling his mood. A scowl fixed itself on his face at seeing his name under this stupid "Deserters" list. Anger pushed his walk into a stride, his knuckle turning white at seeing some of the names mentioned, his hand crumping the paper.
Maeve... She was running to the hospital wing... Minnie! Minnie was in the thick of the fight! Noting Jonathan's name, Barry would grind his teeth, thinking back to all the arguments he had with the pompous Slytherin.

Arriving just before class started he would slip into the room as more and more students filed in, looking around quickly before sliding into a seat next to one of those "dark brooding" looking Slytherin types. Setting his bag down he would begin to pull out his supplies, a roll of parchment, ink and quill, a pen incase he needed to write quickly. As he finished a little piece of paper fluttered by, landing on a nearby desk. Rubbing his face Barry would look over at the boy he sat next to and the seat he had sent the note to. The occupant of the desk was oddly familiar, before it dawned on him where he had seen that small head of light, woody hair before. Minnie... How did I not see her when I came in? Not that it matters much, it seems like its been ages since I have seen her last. She probably doesn't even want to see me, Jonathan probably has her wrapped around his finger again... Though it would be nice to catch up... I miss having friends... The thoughts floated through his head as he rested his head on his palm, staring vacantly at the chalkboard.

Mentions/Location/Interactions Mentions: sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98 ReverseTex ReverseTex Knarf Knarf spooksspook spooksspook
Location: Hogwarts || Defense Against The Dark Arts Classroom
Interactions: N/A

Last edited:
Man did getting those words off his chest feel good. And Jonathan wasn't mad with Min's response, actually quite surprised when she peaked him on the check. That sent a warm rush through him. But the lovely moment was interrupted by a Deserter.

Turning his back to Minnie, who he could hear scuttling back to class, he shot his cold eyes to the girl. "My pleasure, you people deserve to be in the limelight. After all half of you are wallflowers." Jonathan pushed his way past the girl, not in the mood to retort.

His last year, Jonathan didn't have but two classes, Potions, and Divination. So unlike all the 6th years, he had an off period. And good timing to, because he had another plan of his brewing in his head...

The small Hufflepuff girl graciously slid back under Chandler's arm, leaning against him slightly as they ambled through the empty hallway. Her hand gently rubbed the taller boy's back as he apologized sincerely, Maeve nodding in complete forgiveness as the topic switched: As he questioned her classes, her eyes flickered upwards; running through her schedule in her head before saying with a light smile, "Xylomancy is next, but right now I have a free period. " They continued down the hallway, coming upon the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom; full of many older students she recognized at a quick glance. Her brows furrowed lightly as she scanned the room, even some of the artifacts scattering the messy space putting her on edge. The brunette scoffed lightly at her own discomfort, angling her neck up to look at Chandler as she sighed heavily. "I know considering last year's...events...I should be taking this class again. But-", her mind flashed back to an empty hallway covered in bright lights and loud voices. It was though she could hear herself casting a spell, see the Death Eater in front of her, and with another breath it was woven away. The warmth of Chandler's protective arm around her comforted her, and she shook her head to clear the unwanted memories.
"I've seen plenty of that magic, and the things it can do. I didn't want to see it again and again every day."
Time seemed to be against her as the beginning of class grew nearer, Maeve not looking forward to Chandler leaving in the next few moments as she curled up beneath his arm.
"You probably need to go to class, huh?", she hummed quietly, looking up at the Gryffindor with bright brown eyes. "I'll be back once class ends, so we can walk together to our next class..?", she asked quietly, playing with her robe absentmindedly.

( sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98 )

Ada Stowe

Ada smiled sweetly at her accuser, her attention skidding a moment later to the faint ticking that emerged from the thick, turbid haze of voices, the procession of time pushing past the barrier of distraction. Without another word, Ada turned on her heel, and slipped, as would a shadow, through throngs of of hurrying, hastening students pushing onward towards the start of their very first lesson. Her feet were light as feathers against frigid, forbidding stone, and her hair a flurry of bouncing curls and standing strands, as she sped to her Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, or what she had assumed to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Upon entering the chamber, Ada almost immediately observed the gaze of two dozen first years sliding, sticky and viscous, onto her person. (She most immediately noticed Professor Flitwick’s robes, which were a marvelous shade of emerald this morning) Ada expelled a small squeak at the sight, her eyes quite as wide and round as those of children before her, before scrambling backward, and instead entering the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, which sat, as it had for the past five years of her education, just beside the Charms classroom. Ada, cheeks warm with a burgeoning blush, apprehensively approached the only remaining seat, noting its proximity to those of De’Maria, Noble, and Galinski. She then attempted to salvage a measure of poise and propriety (not that either mattered much to her) by dropping into her seat without incident, but failed in this endeavor as well, somehow managing to topple Noble’s inkwell directly onto his lap, making a dark, dripping mess of his robes. She gasped audibly at the ebony catastrophe, before muttering an apology and retrieving her wand to expel the swiftly spreading stain.

FrazzledFox FrazzledFox

Last edited:
001-1024x682-640x426.jpg

Barry Elliot Noble

Barry's tired thinking was brought to an abrupt halt by his inkwell loudly
clattering to the ground, the ink already spreading out on his robes and around the floor. Jumping to his feet, he would uncharacteristically let out a string of curse words as stepped back from the desk, trying to avoid getting the ink on his shoes. Pulling his wand out with a swift motion hercast
"Tergo!",
his voice coming out raw and hoarse, as if it had only been used for shouting and crying. The liquid siphoned into the wand quickly, the mess cleaned up in a matter of minutes.

The anger on his face faded back to the same exhausted, somewhat sad look. Trying his best to ignore the snickers and giggles around him he sat back down, idly swirling his wand as he tried to control the burning blush that had risen to his face. Don't blush, this isn't your fault. Try laughing it off? No that would be weird... Is that girl ok? She is kinda shakey... Rubbing the back of his neck he turned to the girl, clearing his throat awkwardly
"Er, are you, um, you all good? No ink got on you right?" This time his voice came out a bit more clear, if not a little shakey himself.

Mentions/Location/Interactions Mentions: N/A
Location: Hogwarts || Defense Against The Dark Arts Classroom ||
Interactions: jespereilvapleuvoir jespereilvapleuvoir

Ada Stowe

Was she alright? It seemed a silly query when he was so far from it. Nevertheless, she stole a fleeting moment to take stock of her condition, to most accurately answer his question and satisfy the boy’s gallantry. Her toes seemed fine, as did her legs, though she did have a small bruise marking an otherwise perfectly porcelain left thigh, and her arms appeared to be in their prime, despite the fact that the sleeves of her robes dripped steadily onto the ground, slick with something thick and malignant. Ada vocalized these observations succinctly, “Well, I am in very good health presently, though I do appear to have accumulated quite a bit of ink on the underside of my sleeve…” Her voice trailed off for a moment, before reappearing with renewed strength, “Tergo!” as she flicked her wand swiftly toward the dribbling stain, which, upon ceasing to leak listlessly into the gradually expanding puddle, zoomed into the tip of her wand and out of existence. Ada returned her focus to Noble, her lips turning downward and eyes clouding with concern, “But, you, are you alright..? You’re all-” She equivocated her meaning with a flurry of gesticulation, fingers twisting anxiously in the air, searching for the correct word to communicate a discernible connotation, “..wilted.

FrazzledFox FrazzledFox

The class buzzed with light chatter while the teacher continued to patiently wait for any last minute stragglers. Kellan watched a few familiar faces walk through the door, though he was drawing a blank on several of their names. He vaguely thought the Ravenclaw boy's name was Barney. He gave Ada a small smile as she to took the available seat nearby, minutely flinching when - Bernard? - ended up with his lap full of ink. He's sure there was a dirty innuendo in there somewhere but by a miracle of God, he kept it to himself.

The two struggled for a moment with strained conversation as they siphoned the ink from their clothes. Unable to avoid hearing their discussion, Kellan barely managed to stifle a laugh, trying to play it off as a cough. Kellan was well acquainted with awkward talks, but there was just something endearing about it when other people were doing it. "You missed some," he adds airily, nodding at a damp area on Addie's robe. Deciding to try not to be too intrusive, he picks up his quill once more and begins to copy the pre-written notes from the board.

Lucrezia saw the student didn't feel like talking so moved on. It was later in the morning that she thought and she had to get to class, she reached into her pocket for her timetable and almost jumped when she felt a furry shape inside. She calmed quickly when she realised it was just Moira sleeping, Lucrezia had forgotten she had growled in there while in the infirmary. She smile her tabby cat's presence was oddly comforting, after the battle it seemed everything had reset f, friends were no longer the same, the feeling igbhogwarts had changed. It was nice knowing that Lucrezia still had one companion with her.

She patted the cat gently before carefully extracting the timetable and checked it: Defence against the dark art. Seemed almost pointless after everything that happened but that was her lesson. She went to the classroom, hearing rumours of "deserter list" from passing students who gossiped about between them. She frowned, the nerve off some people thinking they had the right to shame people who didn't fight. Just people wanting feel superior over others. She tried to not think about it as she entered the classroom forcing a smile and lowering her head to get through the door frame. It seemed most were already here. "Hi all." She said trying to appear cheering as she looked around for a spare seat.

Ats leans against of the wall, mind racing, thinking about the classes and the harsh year ahead. "The battle of Hogwarts is over, we have a minister who agreed with Dumbledore. A headmistress so loyal to die for the fool." He thought. What was next? A teacher who prayed to Potter, on his knees every night? If Altsonis was lucky, no one would utter a word of Potter. But really, and Altsonis knew it to, that was not the reality. Was it not the previous year Potter vanquished the Dark Lord? No. Using free time to think of Harry Potter is what those poor, deluded supporters would do. But not Altsonis. But still, the thoughts swam as if fish in the open ocean growing. Adapting. He hated it. He never lied the Potter boy yet here he was, spending time to think about how much he hated "the boy who lived. And then died. Then lived. "The Jesus wizard." Alts sniggered to himself. "Hey, Lucrezia." Altsonis waved promptly, distracting himself.

Lucrezia smiled at Alts and walked up the free seat next to him. "Hey, howzit hanging?" She asked as she sat down. The chair and table were low for her with her knees almost as high as her stomach and the chair seemed to strain against her weight. She felt like an adult in a kindergarten class room, looking over the heads of just about everyone. The joys of being a half giant. She began tontske her DADA books from her pockets and tried to remove some red hair from her face. "Still muttering to yourself?

calvinuu123 calvinuu123

Ada Stowe

Ada’s eyes, bright with a strange, shimmering intensity did not stray from those of the recently ink drenched boy beside her, but her digits knew no such stillness, her fingers found her desk, an elegant arrangement of sturdy oak, marred by the scars of spells gone awry and textured with a colorful menagerie of etched inscriptions, stumbling atop the surface as would small child, staggering as would a lone wanderer in woods unknown, and spelling something indiscernible. Noble’s eyes, a dark doe brown, reflected an unfamiliar forest of a similar kind, peculiar and pernicious, thick with monsters real and imagined, as did the eyes of all the Battle’s various victims. It seemed everyone in her year remained adrift in a wood of their own creation, ambling aimlessly through thickets of the subtly malign. Distantly, Ada perceived Galinski informing her of spreading stain, blighting and blackening her robes, she smiled vaguely, upon deciding that he was, in fact, correct in his observation. Ada easily remedied the issue and, upon turning her gaze upward, discerned the entrance of both Corse and Newberry. She waved to Newberry with an accompanying grin that was perhaps a bit too wide, and contemplated Corse curiously, she considered him to be by far the most unusual of the Hufflepuffs.

Alts smiled and nodded to her. "Yes, can't shake the habit. How are you?" Alts starts spinning his wand between his index figures glancing towards Ada then looking back. "I hope well, recently I have been... Thinking. Hard coming back from last year." Alts put his wand away and put it in his robes, then took out parchment and a quill.
(Brb)

Jonathan arrived at his destination, the Hogwarts library. The librarian was off on some wild book chase for some professor from the looks of the scattered books. Taking a deep breath, he closed his cold eyes for once to process, to remember...

It was his 4th year, Minnie's 3rd, in the very room he stood. He remembered her sitting with a group of Ravenclaws, taking a quick break from studying for Potions to catch up on any gossip around the halls. Somehow he had built the courage to ask her out. Jonathan had been scared out of his mind, more so than he was at the Battle. And it took some convincing, and a lot of giggling from her friends, but he had done it. Jonathan Thaddeus scored a date with Minnie De'Maria.

The book, he remembered. Level 3 Potions. He never walked faster in his life, and he plucked the very book off the shelf. And without checking it out, Jonathan left to complete the next step.

001-1024x682-640x426.jpg

Barry Elliot Noble
The girl seemed nice enough, if not a little... exuberant. Is that the right word? She is more... manic, that's it! A half smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as the girl seemed to spew forth her thoughts with what appeared to be little to no filter. Unfortunately the ink had not spared her, the dark liquid soaking into her robes. Before he could move she remedied the problem, casting the same spell he had used only moments before.

Her question caught him off guard however, the smile slipping from his face to somewhat match the frown that had grown on hers. Wilted? That's a new one. An accurate one though... "Oh, um... I think? I mean. No, but yeah. I really don't know..." Giving an awkward chuckle he would begin to spin the wand around his hand again, trying to keep his hand occupied, keep himself occupied so he did not slip into that place. He can't. Not here. Not on the first day, with that stupid list circulating about. "Sorry, but I cannot remember if we met by the way. I'm Barry Elliot Noble. We probably did meet at one point in the past couple years but my memory right now... It is a little scattered."

The words tumbled from brain to his mouth, as if his filter was gone as well. The feeling of casual conversation though soothed him so he tried to relax into it, the last time he had this feeling was... six years ago, when he sat along side Minnie on the train, her kindness putting him at ease as they talked about the strange new world they were about to become apart of.

Mentions/Location/Interactions Mentions: sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98
Location: Hogwarts || Defense Against The Dark Arts Classroom ||
Interactions: jespereilvapleuvoir jespereilvapleuvoir

Alts scribbled something down, then watched the teacher intently, waiting for an assignment. It however, was only as a distraction. Normally he would have leaned back, taking the occasional notes but focusing on other things. Today though, for whatever reason Altsonis couldn't shake his hatred for Potter. Perhaps it was his stomach? While he didn't realize it, his stomach was so very empty. And that was what Alts decided on. It was but his stomach. He was hungry, and slightly angry with Potter.

"Mr. Altinos! Please pay attention, or you will fail when finals mention Diricawls. Can you tell me what it does to escape danger?"
"They turn invisible?" Alts said, stupidly gazing around the classroom for help, anxious for the right answer. "Incorrect, they teleport. I want you to do an extra page on why they are important in wizarding culture. Class, I want only two pages from you." The teacher said pointedly, staring down at Altsinos. "Damn!" Altsinos muttered staring down at the one sentence he had written before gazing off.

Ada Stowe

Ada’s gaze drifted, bobbing, unbalanced, over a small sea of acne plagued physiognomies, all contorted in various states of exhaustion, before eventually steadying and settling upon a battered pair of brown moccasin slippers, belonging to the Noble boy beside her, a boy who appeared to be imparting an introduction of sorts, “-Barry Elliot Noble,” Ada considered this to be a curiously contradictory epithet, simultaneously stately and entirely unceremonious, “We probably did meet at one point in the past couple years but my memory right now...It is a little scattered.” He was correct on both counts. Though Ada had observed Barry in the halls, as she had discerned all of her peers over the course of these six years, she had only directly interacted with him twice during the whole of their education, this exchange included. It had been third year, and they had been partnered during potions to fulfill the task of brewing a perfect Pepperup Potion. Ada could still recall the dense, fetid stench of smoke and singed hair after she’d unintentionally incinerated their cauldron, she expressed as much in cheery, melodious tones, “We have met once before, in potions. We had brew a bit Pepperup Potion, I recall the result being marvelously monstrous.” She smiled absently, before adding, “I’m currently calling myself Ada.” and dropping into her seat with a tad more success than she had achieved on her first, failed attempt.

FrazzledFox FrazzledFox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back