• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Xian of Wu

Well, I try to fill in the gaps if I can. Was initially thinking of a super-regenerative body tank but since that seems popular already, there's many other combinations I could try. I do like the concept of steel, so perhaps a weaponmaster could be cool.

I'm doing a high strength high sanity body type of character. He may be at times odd, but gives strong advice.

I'm also probably not running Wan Shi, just an example sheet.

Imma have to pull a lot more research before I start superbly developing. But I do have 1 question. Dipping into multi schools is probably a no no correct?

Imma have to pull a lot more research before I start superbly developing. But I do have 1 question. Dipping into multi schools is probably a no no correct?

Yep. The stages of Jiu blood madness kinda prevent it.

Also, to be fair, I don't know a ton about Chinese mythology. Just enough to run this probably.

Gotcha. Another question, would Blade users still be able to fight if their weapon was taken away? Like not completely defenseless if they got disarmed?

Gotcha. Another question, would Blade users still be able to fight if their weapon was taken away? Like not completely defenseless if they got disarmed?

It will definitely hurt. Your runes that let you use your techniques are on that weapon. You can damage and fight with it, but its a huge minus. Charm users will have a similiar problem if they run out of charms.

Can't run outta fists though~

Unless youre arms get torn off, but thats just the state of things.

Can't run outta fists though~

Unless youre arms get torn off, but thats just the state of things.

True, and is a huuuuge advantage, but punches tend to hurt less than a sword to the head, so, you know, balance. Each class has pluses and minuses. Body can't use weapons to do damage as their runes are on their body.

Inb4 someone uses something akin to Asuma's chakra blades. Putting the blades and body together. Best of both worlds

True, and is a huuuuge advantage, but punches tend to hurt less than a sword to the head, so, you know, balance. Each class has pluses and minuses. Body can't use weapons to do damage as their runes are on their body.
Thats why you suplex the monsters jiu.

Ugh. I probably didn't set the watch thread hence why I didn't get updates.
Pretty interested to be a Charm user with poor physical. That might change though.
Quick question: Are we allowed to have two elements? (though this may be scarce most likely, if allowed)

Right now I'm leaning towards a school of blades practitioner with water element with more focus on her technique (rune build)

Ugh. I probably didn't set the watch thread hence why I didn't get updates.
Pretty interested to be a Charm user with poor physical. That might change though.
Quick question: Are we allowed to have two elements? (though this may be scarce most likely, if allowed)

I'd say no, though you could grab a few sub-elements. I'd honestly be less inclined to allow something but have it be rare than I would just saying yes to it.

I'd say no, though you could grab a few sub-elements. I'd honestly be less inclined to allow something but have it be rare than I would just saying yes to it.
Wait... sub elements? I know Fire has Thunder/Electricity and Earth has gravity but will there be like a full list??

Wait... sub elements? I know Fire has Thunder/Electricity and Earth has gravity but will there be like a full list??
Nah, its up to the players to make them. The main elements are more themes than anything. Currents, Energy, items, terrain, healing/vitalizing.

Will the stats of our characters change over time? Is that where Cultivation comes into play?

With the way the cultivation works, having dual elements actually tend to backlash slowering down one’s cultivation speed than actually profiting from it. Hence why, most would just make one of the element to be the primary while subsiding the other one. I say the sub-element would definitely be more beneficial and easier to work with in that case. Thanks^^

Okay. What will happen if our character were to enter into Madness or Despair?
Bad things. More for the latter. First is still recoverable from. Half the narrative is there.

With the way the cultivation works, having dual elements actually tend to backlash slowering down one’s cultivation speed than actually profiting from it. Hence why, most would just make one of the element to be the primary while subsiding the other one. I say the sub-element would definitely be more beneficial and easier to work with in that case. Thanks^^

So... what's cultivation? The whole Initiation -> indulgence -> madness -> despair thing? I never actually named it. Granted, would be a nice name for it.

But you don't want to hit the later stages, those tend to be bad. I'm saying one element is what everyone ends up attuned for. Jiu included.

But yeah, if it explains it better that works. I'm about to pass out for the night, sorry didn't get the charm user example up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back