• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Pantheon: Live and Reloaded (IC Thread) (OPEN)

OOC
Here
He just shrugs, saying, "I'm not totally sure, honestly. I want them to just... be better than their competitors. Doesn't matter too much what exactly that is, eh? As long as it can be monetized." He pauses for a moment, consideration coloring his expression. "Let's say we focus on weapons, and making the manufacture of goods and gathering of resources more efficient. That sound good?"

He turns to the globe and points out the city-state. "It's right here, in case you were wondering. Nice place called Zhailving."

Action 1, finally!

"Hmm..."

The planet god pondered for a moment the other's words, scratching his chin lightly. It wasn't exactly the most detailed explanation of what he wanted, but, he supposes it'll do. Without another word, Ocaeril raised a hand, and the mini planet version of the, well, planet, appeared once more. He seemed to 'zoom in', the mini planet getting a bit larger, showing where Zhailving was. In his other hand, what appeared to be small, golden threads connected to the city and everything inside of it, such as people, buildings, and such, appeared. Other threads, this time in a soft blue, appeared, connected in different locations. Metals, possible weapons, and such.

Like a puppeteer, his fingers pulled back, pulling metals, wood, and other things closer to the city, almost as if it was some sort of game- Simply clicking and dragging the resources of the city closer.

Gunpowder would be pulled close alongside metals. Someone by the name of Hasnersmith would create, with that new material, low-quality muskets after discovering the potential of this material by losing a finger in an experiment. Although, such a thing was expensive to make, so only a select few would have it, truly. And as for gathering resources...New tools would be created, powered by a bit of magic. Sturdy golden axes, imbued with magic, [Cutting III], making cutting down trees, and gathering minerals much more efficient. The ones with muskets would quickly be put over the walls alongside archers, being deadly forces for any invaders.

"...Of course, that is only one of the multiple possibilities." The planet said, looking at the merchant god. "If you wish, I can change this with a wave of my fingers."

Ocaeril 2 nodded, putting a hand on his chin as he smiled. "Of course, of course. Do take me there, I have a feeling she'll be pleased with the deal. Thank you very much, Patron of Heroes. I assure you, your people will be safe with my creations."

Ocaeril 2 snapped his fingers, as his appearance changed. He now looked like a robbed figure whose face and hands were hidden, almost as if the robes were floating by themselves.

"Shall we go, then?"
I nodded "of course, let us go", I moved my hand and accessed my pocket inventory, rummaging through it, I took out a stone that a rune in it and then whispered into it.

A portal was then opened, Inqui and Ocaeril entered it.

(Tanya)
I stared down at the figure held by two of my Royal Guards high up from my throne, she was Mordred, an attempt by me to create the perfect soldier, a knight who is strong enough to take on armies by itself, and command forces under her helm, to do so, Merlin and other master Magus under my Camelot, took my DNA and made it in a homunculi, she was supposed to be the flag-bearer of the operations in the frontlines and rural parts while I focused on handling the bureaucratic process and red tape back in the capital, of course she really did do her job very well.

But back then, my memories of my original self was still locked away, so I treated her unfit for a worker, soldier, and property of the state, I treated her as a daughter.

It was illogical of me back then, doing so would implant the mistaken belief of a higher importance and command than she actually had, worse, I indulged in her, inflating her beliefs of being an independent force inside the state, making her akin to a Freelancer. Which was quite worrying, Freelancers weren't required to uphold the rules and legislation of the company, making them loose cannons that're only held loyal through money, absolutely dangerous when these Freelancers could quite easily leak out Company secrets if they worm themselves into a higher position like Mordred, even worse was that not only did she thought she was related to me, but also that it meant eventually she would take up my leadership position as the CEO of Camelot, I only became their "King" since it was what they were comfortable with, but in all technicalities and function, I was the CEO who managed everything to keep up the trading networks, manpower distribution, and general management of the property we have in optimum condition.

And so, she decided that I was too "Tyranical", as if, I am only being more stricter so that I could enforce discipline and work efficiency to my employees, so what if some die because they were too disruptive of the work environment? If it costed us valuable property damage, then obviously they must be dismissed, them being dismissed publicly was of course so that I could remind my citizens to not be like those worthless assets, and the citizens love it! The majority of the workers in Camelot are all efficient, patronizing, and loyal workers, their reaction to the eviction of those disruptive workers were now to show misplaced mercy but to show them proper treatment for their offenses.

And so, with Mordred being heavily chained due to attempting to incite a Worker's Union Strike, which thankfully was dismantled before it could fully manifest, I had to give out her probationary compensations.

I slammed the gavel on the pommel at my side, the clashing of wood to wood echoing across the great chambers of my office, since she was very high-profile, it felt fitting to give out her punishment personally, after all, not only was I the CEO, but I appointed myself as the Head of the Human Resource department, meaning the infraction statements of high profiled individuals like her were dished out by me.

"Lady Mordred! Second-in-Head of the Military Department of Camelot Corporation!" shouted the crier beside me, I did not want to waste my breath constantly speaking out to my employees under me as it would slowly damage my throat, so the crier with his exceptional voice modulation and volume would repeat my words.

"You have been sentenced with crimes of Treason! Causing senseless destruction of valuable state property! Kidnapping and Blackmailing of valuable members of the State! Conducting illegal production of Military Goods! Impreaching against the State with senseless lies and anti-state propaganda! And not coming in during the proper working hours repeatedly! How do you plead?"

The Royal Guards roughly opened Mordred's muzzle since she constantly verbally harassed the royal guards, she kneeled over in pain as one of the guards shocked her with an electric stave due to her attempting to insult one of the guards.

"Erghh! Damn you guys! I admit that I did those things but you're blowing it way outta proportions! You make it sound like I'm a monster! LIKE YOU MOTHER-TAKING HAG!"

I sighed as I flashed down to Mordred and slapped her forcefully for her verbal insult to me, she is still part of the work-force and thus must respect her higher ups.

"Do not talk to me like that PRK-001, I did not take your mother away as I was never your mother in the first place, and I suggest that you clean that mouth of yours PRK-001, your infractions are already many and severe as of now, don't make me place more in your record and thus make your infraction statement more har-

Mordred spat at me in response, she growled as she lashed out against me.

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! I REMEMBERED MOTHER! I KNOW THE MOTHER WHO WAS STRICT YET CARING AND LOVING! THE MOTHER WHO YOU REPLACED AND TURNED CAMELOT INTO YOUR OWN POLICE STATE! YOU! THE FUCKING SOCIOPATH TYRANT WHO TREATS EVERYTHING LIKE A DAMN BUSINESS TYCOON! SO JUST FUCKING SHUT U-"

I grasped her throat and crushed her wind-pipe before she could finish her sentence, she was very rude and she wasted my patience, so I only did what I did to punish her for her insolence.

I pointed to one of the guards "guards, take her to the medbay in maximum security, her infraction statement reading will be delayed till she has recovered"

The guards nodded in union "yes my Queen!" They then marched to the med-bay with the blood-sputtering Mordred in tow behind, hmm, note to self, request the Janitors to clean up the mess.

As I was about to continue on to my duties, a blue runic circle appeared nearby and had two figures appear on it with a flash before my eyes, one was the familiar silver with blue highlight armor of the "Patron of Heroes" otherwise known as Inqui, and a man with dirty platinum blonde hair that had brown highlights on the bottom, he also was very muscular (although that was a standard for Camelot forces so it wasn't that aesthetically pleasing by now) and strange red markings around him, including a half cross on the chest, I sighed internally, truly this was gonna be a long day.

I walked to them with grace befitting one with the position of mine, and started at them, the various runes in my runic suit underneath my uniform noted that these two were gods, although I knew Inqui was one already, still, I did not bow down to them, these gods were at least better by a long run than that despicable Being X, but that doesn't mean they are gods, they are simply greater beings of power that helped govern various parts of the planet, Inqui was definitely part of a NGO, what with her senseless spending of resources to help maintain the overall peace of the Ocaeril and generally train up people into better Freelancers, although since said resources were practically infinite, senseless spending became less senseless when one has infinite amount to waste, thank god there is a god of capitalism or so I heard, meaning someone out there is making sure the system doesn't crash.

"Good morning Patron of Heroes and her compatriot, what may I do for you? Or is this one of your icebreakers?"

Inqui tilted her head "My champion? How're you...you know, not old and wrinkly or dead, it's been thousands of years"

I rubbed my breastplate in an effort to make it shine "oh you know, having a sub-company full of highly skilled Maguses and being one birthed by a God of Magic meant immortality was simply an apple's picking away, besides, as a Godling, I practically had practically a eternal lifespan for me, the youth and beauty of it was too also an apple's picking away.

So anyways! Let me reiterate my question! What may I do for you?"

Inqui shrugged "I'll let Ocearil do the talking" she then motioned to her compatriot beside her
(OOC: That's your turn Celestial)

I nodded "of course, let us go", I moved my hand and accessed my pocket inventory, rummaging through it, I took out a stone that a rune in it and then whispered into it.

A portal was then opened, Inqui and Ocaeril entered it.

(Tanya)
I stared down at the figure held by two of my Royal Guards high up from my throne, she was Mordred, an attempt by me to create the perfect soldier, a knight who is strong enough to take on armies by itself, and command forces under her helm, to do so, Merlin and other master Magus under my Camelot, took my DNA and made it in a homunculi, she was supposed to be the flag-bearer of the operations in the frontlines and rural parts while I focused on handling the bureaucratic process and red tape back in the capital, of course she really did do her job very well.

But back then, my memories of my original self was still locked away, so I treated her unfit for a worker, soldier, and property of the state, I treated her as a daughter.

It was illogical of me back then, doing so would implant the mistaken belief of a higher importance and command than she actually had, worse, I indulged in her, inflating her beliefs of being an independent force inside the state, making her akin to a Freelancer. Which was quite worrying, Freelancers weren't required to uphold the rules and legislation of the company, making them loose cannons that're only held loyal through money, absolutely dangerous when these Freelancers could quite easily leak out Company secrets if they worm themselves into a higher position like Mordred, even worse was that not only did she thought she was related to me, but also that it meant eventually she would take up my leadership position as the CEO of Camelot, I only became their "King" since it was what they were comfortable with, but in all technicalities and function, I was the CEO who managed everything to keep up the trading networks, manpower distribution, and general management of the property we have in optimum condition.

And so, she decided that I was too "Tyranical", as if, I am only being more stricter so that I could enforce discipline and work efficiency to my employees, so what if some die because they were too disruptive of the work environment? If it costed us valuable property damage, then obviously they must be dismissed, them being dismissed publicly was of course so that I could remind my citizens to not be like those worthless assets, and the citizens love it! The majority of the workers in Camelot are all efficient, patronizing, and loyal workers, their reaction to the eviction of those disruptive workers were now to show misplaced mercy but to show them proper treatment for their offenses.

And so, with Mordred being heavily chained due to attempting to incite a Worker's Union Strike, which thankfully was dismantled before it could fully manifest, I had to give out her probationary compensations.

I slammed the gavel on the pommel at my side, the clashing of wood to wood echoing across the great chambers of my office, since she was very high-profile, it felt fitting to give out her punishment personally, after all, not only was I the CEO, but I appointed myself as the Head of the Human Resource department, meaning the infraction statements of high profiled individuals like her were dished out by me.

"Lady Mordred! Second-in-Head of the Military Department of Camelot Corporation!" shouted the crier beside me, I did not want to waste my breath constantly speaking out to my employees under me as it would slowly damage my throat, so the crier with his exceptional voice modulation and volume would repeat my words.

"You have been sentenced with crimes of Treason! Causing senseless destruction of valuable state property! Kidnapping and Blackmailing of valuable members of the State! Conducting illegal production of Military Goods! Impreaching against the State with senseless lies and anti-state propaganda! And not coming in during the proper working hours repeatedly! How do you plead?"

The Royal Guards roughly opened Mordred's muzzle since she constantly verbally harassed the royal guards, she kneeled over in pain as one of the guards shocked her with an electric stave due to her attempting to insult one of the guards.

"Erghh! Damn you guys! I admit that I did those things but you're blowing it way outta proportions! You make it sound like I'm a monster! LIKE YOU MOTHER-TAKING HAG!"

I sighed as I flashed down to Mordred and slapped her forcefully for her verbal insult to me, she is still part of the work-force and thus must respect her higher ups.

"Do not talk to me like that PRK-001, I did not take your mother away as I was never your mother in the first place, and I suggest that you clean that mouth of yours PRK-001, your infractions are already many and severe as of now, don't make me place more in your record and thus make your infraction statement more har-

Mordred spat at me in response, she growled as she lashed out against me.

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! I REMEMBERED MOTHER! I KNOW THE MOTHER WHO WAS STRICT YET CARING AND LOVING! THE MOTHER WHO YOU REPLACED AND TURNED CAMELOT INTO YOUR OWN POLICE STATE! YOU! THE FUCKING SOCIOPATH TYRANT WHO TREATS EVERYTHING LIKE A DAMN BUSINESS TYCOON! SO JUST FUCKING SHUT U-"

I grasped her throat and crushed her wind-pipe before she could finish her sentence, she was very rude and she wasted my patience, so I only did what I did to punish her for her insolence.

I pointed to one of the guards "guards, take her to the medbay in maximum security, her infraction statement reading will be delayed till she has recovered"

The guards nodded in union "yes my Queen!" They then marched to the med-bay with the blood-sputtering Mordred in tow behind, hmm, note to self, request the Janitors to clean up the mess.

As I was about to continue on to my duties, a blue runic circle appeared nearby and had two figures appear on it with a flash before my eyes, one was the familiar silver with blue highlight armor of the "Patron of Heroes" otherwise known as Inqui, and a man with dirty platinum blonde hair that had brown highlights on the bottom, he also was very muscular (although that was a standard for Camelot forces so it wasn't that aesthetically pleasing by now) and strange red markings around him, including a half cross on the chest, I sighed internally, truly this was gonna be a long day.

I walked to them with grace befitting one with the position of mine, and started at them, the various runes in my runic suit underneath my uniform noted that these two were gods, although I knew Inqui was one already, still, I did not bow down to them, these gods were at least better by a long run than that despicable Being X, but that doesn't mean they are gods, they are simply greater beings of power that helped govern various parts of the planet, Inqui was definitely part of a NGO, what with her senseless spending of resources to help maintain the overall peace of the Ocaeril and generally train up people into better Freelancers, although since said resources were practically infinite, senseless spending became less senseless when one has infinite amount to waste, thank god there is a god of capitalism or so I heard, meaning someone out there is making sure the system doesn't crash.

"Good morning Patron of Heroes and her compatriot, what may I do for you? Or is this one of your icebreakers?"

Inqui tilted her head "My champion? How're you...you know, not old and wrinkly or dead, it's been thousands of years"

I rubbed my breastplate in an effort to make it shine "oh you know, having a sub-company full of highly skilled Maguses and being one birthed by a God of Magic meant immortality was simply an apple's picking away, besides, as a Godling, I practically had practically a eternal lifespan for me, the youth and beauty of it was too also an apple's picking away.

So anyways! Let me reiterate my question! What may I do for you?"

Inqui shrugged "I'll let Ocearil do the talking" she then motioned to her compatriot beside her
(OOC: That's your turn Celestial)

As the world shifted and turned to the planet god, or at least, his clone, he felt himself being pulled into the portal. Truthfully, he can do things of a similar nature to what she just did. After all, being the father of all life and evolution gave him the most powerful ability for a mortal, but the weakest one for a god. He called it 「 Father's Steps」, it was an ability that gave him the power to do anything a mortal can. Truthfully, one may call it powerful, but for a god? It was nothing more than a little useful trick at situations like these. Of course, he wouldn't steal the spotlight from her, and as such, allowed himself to walk through the portal.

The travel was instant, and before long, he felt himself be in front of Tanya, the Champion of the Patron of Heroes, and one of his many children. Or at least- someone he considered as such. Putting his hands behind his back, and allowing them to talk for a second, Ocaeril perked his head up as the God of Heroes called out to him, and slowly approached Tanya, giving her a respectful nod.

His essence was...Strange. It felt like Tanya was looking at someone familiar. It wasn't a strong feeling, nor an intoxicating one that affected her in any way aside from that, making her feel as if she was looking at someone she's met before. Almost like a family member, or something of the sorts. The man quickly summoned long, white robes to cover his body, seemingly to make things less awkward. (After all, what sort of parent is naked before his children?)

"Greetings and many blessings to you, my child." He began, his eyes with the number '2' on them looking at Tanya with a calm look. "I am Ocaeril, The Father of creation. It's possible you've heard of me, or perhaps not. But if not, allow me to make a proper introduction- I am the avatar of the planet, the one that was birthed out of... Arceus, and his unofficial 4th child. I have created all life here and pushed mankind and other races forward in time with my sphere. I am here to offer you a deal, a deal that will advance your power, as well as protect the planet from many evils for the millennia to come. All in exchange for some worship, that is."

He paused, before scratching his cheek.

"Although, if you choose to accept it, I'm afraid we'll have to travel away from here- and to a certain place I created for this. Don't worry, it's still on my body, so I won't take you to another realm."

Helsa Action #3

Helsa smirked, before finally diving through the gateway, landing on the island once again, this time much quieter. Her energy still permeated the land, and while it hadn't attacked her followers outright thanks to her orders, it was still eager to do something. To wreak havoc...

To corrupt.

Helsa's smile grew wide and monstrous, and with her power, she began to change the magic that was hers. Forming it into a pattern, runes declaring purpose forming out of magical energy, invisible to the eye of those that weren't powerful mages.

When she was done, a great magical sigil had formed around the entire island, crafted from pure godly energy. She had no idea how long she'd been working, but she didn't care. The first stage of her great plan was ready.

Action:

Finally distilling the orbs of a golden hue, Cardicarious managed to produce more card to send down, providing the tools and mystic artifacts that the residents down below would need to survive, sending them down into the world below.

en_0FemaLsFlF.pngTower of Fortunes.jpgen_g2UfOun34M.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GM UPDATE
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What are you even talking abou-"
The emperor nearly falls over from that, and in the distance the sound of expensive glass shattering can be heard.

"This is a bed roo-"

The emperor decides that correcting what 'he' believed to be a deranged Youkai to be a very, very bad idea.

"..."

The emperor is completely speechless at this point, and has no idea what to believe. but holds out 'his' surprisingly dainty hand anyway.

"I... accept..?"
Assyrian Actions 2 and 3:
When the Emperor grabbed the hand of the God there was a burning sensation. Lines of fire were written across their veins as molten energy coursed and raged through them. It left a pattern of deep, red and burnt scars. A network of crimson to pump with life force containing a density that turned it almost near solid with how much force and power was compacted into those blackened veins. Where his hand had been touched by the God, a mark like a star, blazing scarlet, as if the blood had been seared and then crystallized into a pattern, was branded on their flesh.
"I have begun by offering you a gift. In your body now flows a river of raw, pure, savage and primal, power. I have given you Chi that holds more force then a volcano crashing against a thunder storm. More power then a tempest of fire waging war against a howling ocean. It will make what the Guard can do look like nothing, as you tear apart armies and annihilate legions. There is something I would ask of you. Gather the various schools who study my Verse and Art and have them become organized. Unify all the schools into one great network spanning the Jade Empire and from among their best. Chose champions to be the heralds and warrior exemplars of your armies. I promise that the elite of these Schools will equal the finest of the guard."
This Assyrian said with purpose and care.

Inqui (Nekomatus Shogun) Action #1
------------------------------------------
Shion yawned as she tapped her fingers on her throne, after many battles with the Necromancer worshiper of Helsa, she has finally taken her role as Shogun of the Unified Nekomatus Shogunate or UNS for short.

She knew that she was an aspect of Inqui, a goddess given material form, and well, she had a plan, she wanted to make the Nekomatus a better place, and so after some meetings with her trusted advisors and representatives of the Clans, she has decided to send a diplomatic party to the Jade empire to repair relations with them and open trade prospects, anything she could do to make peace with them.

Since to lead the Nekomatus, they must be forceful, she has decided to lead the diplomatic party herself, in exchange, she has appointed Oda Nyahbunga to the throne temporarily while she lead the diplomatic party and parlayed with Emperor himself.

As the world shifted and turned to the planet god, or at least, his clone, he felt himself being pulled into the portal. Truthfully, he can do things of a similar nature to what she just did. After all, being the father of all life and evolution gave him the most powerful ability for a mortal, but the weakest one for a god. He called it 「 Father's Steps」, it was an ability that gave him the power to do anything a mortal can. Truthfully, one may call it powerful, but for a god? It was nothing more than a little useful trick at situations like these. Of course, he wouldn't steal the spotlight from her, and as such, allowed himself to walk through the portal.

The travel was instant, and before long, he felt himself be in front of Tanya, the Champion of the Patron of Heroes, and one of his many children. Or at least- someone he considered as such. Putting his hands behind his back, and allowing them to talk for a second, Ocaeril perked his head up as the God of Heroes called out to him, and slowly approached Tanya, giving her a respectful nod.

His essence was...Strange. It felt like Tanya was looking at someone familiar. It wasn't a strong feeling, nor an intoxicating one that affected her in any way aside from that, making her feel as if she was looking at someone she's met before. Almost like a family member, or something of the sorts. The man quickly summoned long, white robes to cover his body, seemingly to make things less awkward. (After all, what sort of parent is naked before his children?)

"Greetings and many blessings to you, my child." He began, his eyes with the number '2' on them looking at Tanya with a calm look. "I am Ocaeril, The Father of creation. It's possible you've heard of me, or perhaps not. But if not, allow me to make a proper introduction- I am the avatar of the planet, the one that was birthed out of... Arceus, and his unofficial 4th child. I have created all life here and pushed mankind and other races forward in time with my sphere. I am here to offer you a deal, a deal that will advance your power, as well as protect the planet from many evils for the millennia to come. All in exchange for some worship, that is."

He paused, before scratching his cheek.

"Although, if you choose to accept it, I'm afraid we'll have to travel away from here- and to a certain place I created for this. Don't worry, it's still on my body, so I won't take you to another realm."
(Tanya)
I sighed as I stared at the god who proclaimed to be the planet itself, hah! The arrogance of these gods! They can't really be the planet yet be so loving to humanity! We humanity shape the earth and take from it, I have spoken with Merlin, and in his world, the planet reasonably hated humanity! We poisoned her after all! So this god is simply arrogant to think that he can be the planet yet love humanity at the same time.

And that aura! I gritted my teeth and growled inwardly, I do not like this feeling, family will not help you unless they are your spouse or children, they all suck off you, always take and take, wanting you to succeed so they can ride off it, it's just absolutely horrendous being lazy and inefficient members of society like that, spouses at least have use in presenting a respectable front to your higher-ups, and children are simply a way to guarantee that your genes are passed on, nothing more to that.

"Very well then, let us talk more about this deal, while we do not do 'worship', I am able to provide the finest offerings and monuments for you, but I ask, why do you want to travel away from here to do your deal? And if we wish to do this deal, I would have to schedule it in a later date since I am quite busy after all, if you are able to arouse my attention and keep me interested on this deal, I can have it placed in an appointment schedule five hours from now, will that suffice?"

(Tanya)
I sighed as I stared at the god who proclaimed to be the planet itself, hah! The arrogance of these gods! They can't really be the planet yet be so loving to humanity! We humanity shape the earth and take from it, I have spoken with Merlin, and in his world, the planet reasonably hated humanity! We poisoned her after all! So this god is simply arrogant to think that he can be the planet yet love humanity at the same time.

And that aura! I gritted my teeth and growled inwardly, I do not like this feeling, family will not help you unless they are your spouse or children, they all suck off you, always take and take, wanting you to succeed so they can ride off it, it's just absolutely horrendous being lazy and inefficient members of society like that, spouses at least have use in presenting a respectable front to your higher-ups, and children are simply a way to guarantee that your genes are passed on, nothing more to that.

"Very well then, let us talk more about this deal, while we do not do 'worship', I am able to provide the finest offerings and monuments for you, but I ask, why do you want to travel away from here to do your deal? And if we wish to do this deal, I would have to schedule it in a later date since I am quite busy after all, if you are able to arouse my attention and keep me interested on this deal, I can have it placed in an appointment schedule five hours from now, will that suffice?"

Ocaeril seemingly sensed the annoyance coming from Tanya from within her soul but didn't say anything. Instead, he simply nodded. He wouldn't try and do something that could possibly annoy her even further. The deal was going rather smoothly, after all. There is no reason to try and make it even better and risk offending her.

"You see, I have built an artifact that will aid you- An artifact that will birth nine lives. And one of these lives will aid you and your people for the years to come. It's possible you don't know of it, of course, but 50 years ago, I built a tree that has a bit of my own life essence on it, whose fruit evolve whoever eats it. Now...They truly have fully matured, and 8 fruit are ready to fall down and birth this life. 9 creatures to protect the world- Something I shall name 'tailed beasts.' Beings of great power who will protect this Earth. My deal essentially gives you one of these beasts while they're still infant, and allow them to train your troops and protect your land, in exchange for you raising and taking care of it, of course."

Ocaeril adjusted his robes and continued. "Of course, I don't mind waiting. Time passes a bit differently when you live for so long, after all. Years are nothing short but minutes for me, really."

"...Of course, that is only one of the multiple possibilities." The planet said, looking at the merchant god. "If you wish, I can change this with a wave of my fingers."
The merchant smiles sharply. "No, I think this is just fine," he says, "Just remember, I owe you one. If you ever need some, eh, economic assistance, look no further."

He slaps the Father on the back and says, "Well, see ya in fifty years, eh? Ciao!"

Once more, he flips a coin to the planet's surface and disappears.

Ocaeril seemingly sensed the annoyance coming from Tanya from within her soul but didn't say anything. Instead, he simply nodded. He wouldn't try and do something that could possibly annoy her even further. The deal was going rather smoothly, after all. There is no reason to try and make it even better and risk offending her.

"You see, I have built an artifact that will aid you- An artifact that will birth nine lives. And one of these lives will aid you and your people for the years to come. It's possible you don't know of it, of course, but 50 years ago, I built a tree that has a bit of my own life essence on it, whose fruit evolve whoever eats it. Now...They truly have fully matured, and 8 fruit are ready to fall down and birth this life. 9 creatures to protect the world- Something I shall name 'tailed beasts.' Beings of great power who will protect this Earth. My deal essentially gives you one of these beasts while they're still infant, and allow them to train your troops and protect your land, in exchange for you raising and taking care of it, of course."

Ocaeril adjusted his robes and continued. "Of course, I don't mind waiting. Time passes a bit differently when you live for so long, after all. Years are nothing short but minutes for me, really."
I raised my eyebrow, this was very interesting, it seemed that this god had a very top-secret project that involved in the creation of nine entities to so call "protect the earth", of course he seemed genuine so he seemed to deem his base of operations as the planet itself, meaning he wants to instill order in this place through these great entities of power, which is very dangerous, as that could increase the possibility of him taking over Ocaeril as a police state and take control of all economic and business ventures as well as dominate the growth and culture of the sapient races, so as such, it would be best for me to take a stand and subvert this creature given to us against "Ocaeril" and his pets, all in the name for business, economies, and the culture and growth of all civilizations alike!.

"Hmm, this deal does interest me, but why do you wish for me to take in this creature? Is there some sort of catch? What made you decide that we as Camelot were suited to raise this entity? What made you think that you needed to make these creatures?"

These questions will not hinder my decision to accept or reject this deal, but only in how we will operate in regards to this entity that would be given to us and its brethren and "Ocaeril" as a whole.

I raised my eyebrow, this was very interesting, it seemed that this god had a very top-secret project that involved in the creation of nine entities to so call "protect the earth", of course he seemed genuine so he seemed to deem his base of operations as the planet itself, meaning he wants to instill order in this place through these great entities of power, which is very dangerous, as that could increase the possibility of him taking over Ocaeril as a police state and take control of all economic and business ventures as well as dominate the growth and culture of the sapient races, so as such, it would be best for me to take a stand and subvert this creature given to us against "Ocaeril" and his pets, all in the name for business, economies, and the culture and growth of all civilizations alike!.

"Hmm, this deal does interest me, but why do you wish for me to take in this creature? Is there some sort of catch? What made you decide that we as Camelot were suited to raise this entity? What made you think that you needed to make these creatures?"

These questions will not hinder my decision to accept or reject this deal, but only in how we will operate in regards to this entity that would be given to us and its brethren and "Ocaeril" as a whole.

Ocaeril simply shook his head at Tanya's questions, smiling once more. "None at all, none at all. The reason I wish for you to take in this creature is so you could teach it the values of life- let it experience the joy of living. I am...Unfortunately a busy person. I try and take care of my children whenever I can. But, these cycles will not allow me to spend much time with them, therefore, I fear that one day, they will become corrupted by the evils of this world. If that happens, I wish that at least one of them believes in the good of the people."

As for her other question, Ocaeril looked to side to side, making sure nobody could hear them, before casting a spell that would block any sound from coming out of this room. "...The reason for this is one that isn't a secret for the gods but is one I wish to keep a secret to mortals as to not cause panic. A while ago, a fragment of The Beast fell out of its body and landed on the god's meeting halls, creating a living entity. This entity didn't attack us yet, and I deeply wish to believe it won't- But knowing the nature of The Beast, I can't be sure. I wish to create these creatures so they can protect the world in case The Beast decides to do something, or any other god, for the matter. I wish them to protect this world, in case I ultimately fail."

Space Buddha Space Buddha

Action 2

Corven looked upon his Fogmen and smiled, only for it to quickly turn into a frown.

Something was wrong.

Outlaws, brigands. They had somehow survived the Fog without his blessing thanks to the quick thinking of the two bandit leaders. Twins.

His frown turned into a smile. While one of the brothers was little more than a brute, the smarter of the two was... interesting. He had managed to create breathing apparatus's for his gang, allowing them to strike from the Fog with impunity with virtually no backlash, as they could not be pursued back into the Foglands.

So he gave them a choice.

Join him and the Unity, and receive no more harassment from his followers. He would even let them keep their forms unchanged!

Or they could die.

Wisely, they chose the first option, pledging their allegiance to him in exchange for the support of the Foglands.

They named their settlement Monger.

Ocaeril simply shook his head at Tanya's questions, smiling once more. "None at all, none at all. The reason I wish for you to take in this creature is so you could teach it the values of life- let it experience the joy of living. I am...Unfortunately a busy person. I try and take care of my children whenever I can. But, these cycles will not allow me to spend much time with them, therefore, I fear that one day, they will become corrupted by the evils of this world. If that happens, I wish that at least one of them believes in the good of the people."
I rubbed my chin, on the other hand, maybe not, while he could quite as easily be fooling me with lies and deception, it doesn't explain why would he allow me and r my business to get such a valuable asset unless, I looked to Inqui who was now sitting on one of the chairs in the side as she looked around in deep thought, of course, if there's one person I can absolutely trust to completely believe in the good of people and absolutely want to save everyone as a non-biased higher force of "good", then that would be her, Inqui proved time and time again as a idealistic fool who has a serious case of hero mentality, I would say naive due to her childish attitude, but I know better, she experienced an attack from an evil god ripped straight from another world, Angrya Mayinu was his name, I recalled him from my many readings, he was the Zoroastrian god of evil who fought his brother Ahurza Mudha, the Zorostrian god of good, that attack caused her to experience every sin or evil caused unto her at once, despite that, she still fights for good, although I suspect it isn't fully out of her own heart, she does display various symptoms for various mental problems, hero mentality, inferiority complex, faker complex, anxiety, loneliness, and many more, all of them may be hidden to others, but for a person like me who has been a HR manager of a national company and lead an elite Aerial Mage battalion into frenzy loyalty, she is an open book, anyways, Inqui is many things, but stupid she's not, sometimes daft and immature, but she can think ahead, after all, why else would she incarnate into a Nekomatus so that she could fight off a supposed champion of Helsa and then unify all of the Shogunates into one Shogunate-conglomerate under her? With her under their helm, I've been able to send in many of my traders there and now I have been able to acquire many Nekomatus soldiers.

So I nodded my head "very well then, I shall accept your deal, I shall take up this beast under my care and raise it to the morals and standard of any self-respecting sapient being, anyways is this you giving him fully into our care or just part time and you will take him one when you are active? depending on your answer, I'll get the correct documents"

As for her other question, Ocaeril looked to side to side, making sure nobody could hear them, before casting a spell that would block any sound from coming out of this room. "...The reason for this is one that isn't a secret for the gods but is one I wish to keep a secret to mortals as to not cause panic. A while ago, a fragment of The Beast fell out of its body and landed on the god's meeting halls, creating a living entity. This entity didn't attack us yet, and I deeply wish to believe it won't- But knowing the nature of The Beast, I can't be sure. I wish to create these creatures so they can protect the world in case The Beast decides to do something, or any other god, for the matter. I wish them to protect this world, in case I ultimately fail."
Of course, competition! Why didn't I think of that! Maybe that's why Inqui wanted me to do it, she wanted to fight this beast, and that's also why this "Ocaeril" accepted, they had the same goal despite the differing reasons for it.

However, Inqui's flinch made me rethink my conclusions.

"G-goodness! Why have I not have learnt of this?! What is this "The Beast" and how dangerous is it? I'll keep my Throne ready just in case, I will not let this world die out, not on my watch"

I rubbed my chin, on the other hand, maybe not, while he could quite as easily be fooling me with lies and deception, it doesn't explain why would he allow me and r my business to get such a valuable asset unless, I looked to Inqui who was now sitting on one of the chairs in the side as she looked around in deep thought, of course, if there's one person I can absolutely trust to completely believe in the good of people and absolutely want to save everyone as a non-biased higher force of "good", then that would be her, Inqui proved time and time again as a idealistic fool who has a serious case of hero mentality, I would say naive due to her childish attitude, but I know better, she experienced an attack from an evil god ripped straight from another world, Angrya Mayinu was his name, I recalled him from my many readings, he was the Zoroastrian god of evil who fought his brother Ahurza Mudha, the Zorostrian god of good, that attack caused her to experience every sin or evil caused unto her at once, despite that, she still fights for good, although I suspect it isn't fully out of her own heart, she does display various symptoms for various mental problems, hero mentality, inferiority complex, faker complex, anxiety, loneliness, and many more, all of them may be hidden to others, but for a person like me who has been a HR manager of a national company and lead an elite Aerial Mage battalion into frenzy loyalty, she is an open book, anyways, Inqui is many things, but stupid she's not, sometimes daft and immature, but she can think ahead, after all, why else would she incarnate into a Nekomatus so that she could fight off a supposed champion of Helsa and then unify all of the Shogunates into one Shogunate-conglomerate under her? With her under their helm, I've been able to send in many of my traders there and now I have been able to acquire many Nekomatus soldiers.

So I nodded my head "very well then, I shall accept your deal, I shall take up this beast under my care and raise it to the morals and standard of any self-respecting sapient being, anyways is this you giving him fully into our care or just part time and you will take him one when you are active? depending on your answer, I'll get the correct documents"

Of course, competition! Why didn't I think of that! Maybe that's why Inqui wanted me to do it, she wanted to fight this beast, and that's also why this "Ocaeril" accepted, they had the same goal despite the differing reasons for it.

However, Inqui's flinch made me rethink my conclusions.

"G-goodness! Why have I not have learnt of this?! What is this "The Beast" and how dangerous is it? I'll keep my Throne ready just in case, I will not let this world die out, not on my watch"

A smile reached Ocaeril's lips as Tanya accepted his deal, nodding once. "Thank you, this is...Appreciated. I hope we can keep the future safe." Ocaeril seemed...Genuinely happy. His face showed a bit of reluctance, still, almost like a parent worried about the well being of his child. Which...Was accurate, for the current situation. It was a long time since Ocaeril 'gave birth' like this. He was...Worried about its future. Worried about the future of the people around it- and worried about the future of the entire planet. "You will have full custody over them.. I'll visit it occasionally, of course, although in ways that won't require my presence." He replied simply enough, letting go of the little 'silence' spell he had cast over the room. "If that is the case, I and the patron of heroes shall go to the summoning tree to-"

However, before he could finish, Inqui suddenly burst out, clearly alarmed by his words. Did she not know?

"I...Thought you had seen it, Patron of Heroes." Ocaeril replied, a little confused, principally at the fact she didn't know of The Beast. But, a smile appeared on his face, as he grinned at her words. "You and I have similar objectives, sister! Good!" A loud laugh escaped his lips, as he gave Inqui a pat on the back, the planet god clearly proud of her words. "I shall explain it to you- The Beast is an Outsider, a being from another realm. A god with an unknown amount of power by its side who has been locked away into its own reality- Though its presence still lives. I can feel it...Some things he sent down to this world. To its people. It's gaining power, Inqui. And I'm not sure if it is going to remain locked for much time- That's why I wish for this. For you to train at least one beast to remain in the side of good if they fall to any possible corruption." Ocaeril paused, before sighing.

"I wish for...Heroes."

Action I&II
Kurantse descends to the Zhailving palace once more, composing another letter:

To the Lord of Zhailving,
I've got a few more recommendations to make. You've probably seen/are gonna be seeing a lot of new technological/magical developments, so I figured I'd help to direct those things in the most efficient direction I can.
Some particularly smart dude's gonna invent gunpowder, and weapons that use it. Those weapons are alright, though they could really be more effective. More importantly, this stuff can be bundled up to make some truly whopping explosions. Use it for excavation and mining, or get some necromancer to reanimate a goat packed full of the stuff and run it up to the enemy's castle walls, eh? I've also enclosed the schematics for cannons and fireworks, so you can get your people building those.
There's also the matter of that new, mass-producible cutting enchantment. First off, try and work out how to make similarly manufacturable enchantment of other varieties if you can. Second, can you get it on something other than golden axes? Don't get me wrong, I love gold, but it aint the most practical tool-making material out there, eh?
Now remember, if you ever need more money to throw at your problems, don't hesitate to call me. Oh, and, I've made it so your Cash Magic will make you a incrementally longer-lived in much the same way its telekinetic might increases. Thank me by making a shitload of money,
Best Regards,
K, GoM

Yimor'droth Conversational

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

The darkness in the shadows around Ocaeril suddenly vanished. The absence of darkness illuminated the area, and he found himself standing on the Moon. A being identical to him, save for a beaked white mask, stood by his side.

/Greetings Salutations Hello GoodDay Hi Welcome/

/Interesting Fascinating Piquant/

/Deity God SupremeBeing Avatar LesserOne/

Yimor'droth Conversational

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

The darkness in the shadows around Ocaeril suddenly vanished. The absence of darkness illuminated the area, and he found himself standing on the Moon. A being identical to him, save for a beaked white mask, stood by his side.

/Greetings Salutations Hello GoodDay Hi Welcome/

/Interesting Fascinating Piquant/

/Deity God SupremeBeing Avatar LesserOne/

As Kurantse disappeared, at first, Ocaeril truly thought that would be the end of his current interactions with the gods, at least on this cycle.

Unfortunately, not even someone as old and wise as the planet itself is all-knowing of fate and what it has in store. It was a thing he always believed- Fate was something that was above even gods. For as all-mighty and all-powerful they can be, with their ridiculous strengths and abilities, they would still wouldn't be able to bend such a concept. Perhaps a god can harness it, but never truly control it.

And as such, mere moments after the merchant god went to take care of his own business, Ocaeril was somewhere else entirely.

...The stars could be seen at their full light above his head, a feeling of cold and unease went through his body. As the planet 'breathed', he slowly looked to the distance, still sitting on his chair, and saw...His body.

Ocaeril, in its full glory, beaming with life.

...For a moment, the god simply stared, before hearing a voice next to him.

An unnatural voice, something that was quite odd to describe to a mortal. It felt...Fake. Like something without sentience trying to speak, trying to find the correct words for things, almost like a child. The voice was almost mechanical, and he was sure it would make a mortal god mad if they weren't floating in space without air already.

...Soon, another chair, this time made out of moon rock, appeared behind the creature, as Ocaeril made a motion for 'it' to sit.

"Lesser one, huh?" The god said, shaking his head. "I suppose some of my children do see me like that, yes. Maybe some gods, but, ah, what do I know?"

He was alarmed at this predicament but would try and remain calm. He had an idea who this might be...

"Now tell me- For what reason I was summoned? I don't think it has anything to do with me pushing people to invent gunpowder, yes?"

As Kurantse disappeared, at first, Ocaeril truly thought that would be the end of his current interactions with the gods, at least on this cycle.

Unfortunately, not even someone as old and wise as the planet itself is all-knowing of fate and what it has in store. It was a thing he always believed- Fate was something that was above even gods. For as all-mighty and all-powerful they can be, with their ridiculous strengths and abilities, they would still wouldn't be able to bend such a concept. Perhaps a god can harness it, but never truly control it.

And as such, mere moments after the merchant god went to take care of his own business, Ocaeril was somewhere else entirely.

...The stars could be seen at their full light above his head, a feeling of cold and unease went through his body. As the planet 'breathed', he slowly looked to the distance, still sitting on his chair, and saw...His body.

Ocaeril, in its full glory, beaming with life.

...For a moment, the god simply stared, before hearing a voice next to him.

An unnatural voice, something that was quite odd to describe to a mortal. It felt...Fake. Like something without sentience trying to speak, trying to find the correct words for things, almost like a child. The voice was almost mechanical, and he was sure it would make a mortal god mad if they weren't floating in space without air already.

...Soon, another chair, this time made out of moon rock, appeared behind the creature, as Ocaeril made a motion for 'it' to sit.

"Lesser one, huh?" The god said, shaking his head. "I suppose some of my children do see me like that, yes. Maybe some gods, but, ah, what do I know?"

He was alarmed at this predicament but would try and remain calm. He had an idea who this might be...

"Now tell me- For what reason I was summoned? I don't think it has anything to do with me pushing people to invent gunpowder, yes?"
/You are Ocaeril yes/
/You interest Me/
/Moving Breathing Thinking/
/Changing/
/Deity/
/I are old/
/and Curious/
/You seek that which is/
/unobtainable/
/Why do you MOVE/
/What makes you TICK/
/Why do you THINK/

/You are Ocaeril yes/
/You interest Me/
/Moving Breathing Thinking/
/Changing/
/Deity/
/I are old/
/and Curious/
/You seek that which is/
/unobtainable/
/Why do you MOVE/
/What makes you TICK/
/Why do you THINK/

'Why do I move, huh?'

"Well, it's an honor to know I'm of interest to someone," Ocaeril replied simply, despite the voice's speech not truly being...On par with proper language. But that aside, was this the reason as to why this being looked like him? "Well...To answer your question? I suppose you can say I'm a selfish man, the most selfish of them all." Ocaeril replied simply, tapping on his chair. "Really, I move so my children can, I think so they can think as well, and for the reason I 'tick' is...Well, to see them prosper." He replied simply, a small smile on his face. How curious...

"Many things are unobtainable...At least for a short while. Nothing is truly out of reach, for gods or men alike. We grow, one step at the time, learning and discovering new things, getting stronger from it. An orphan becoming a powerful mage. A woman surviving from the clutches of a deadly disease, a soldier managing to defeat a Youkai...Such things are not acts of mere 'luck' or 'destiny', despite such concepts having a part on it. No...It's simply humans adapting. Growing...Evolving."

"So, that's why I think and move forward. So my children can do the same. So they can 'beat' destiny and 'time', and the cruelty that comes with it. For I am Ocaeril, the Father of life on this planet, and I wish my children the brightest future possible."

'Why do I move, huh?'

"Well, it's an honor to know I'm of interest to someone," Ocaeril replied simply, despite the voice's speech not truly being...On par with proper language. But that aside, was this the reason as to why this being looked like him? "Well...To answer your question? I suppose you can say I'm a selfish man, the most selfish of them all." Ocaeril replied simply, tapping on his chair. "Really, I move so my children can, I think so they can think as well, and for the reason I 'tick' is...Well, to see them prosper." He replied simply, a small smile on his face. How curious...

"Many things are unobtainable...At least for a short while. Nothing is truly out of reach, for gods or men alike. We grow, one step at the time, learning and discovering new things, getting stronger from it. An orphan becoming a powerful mage. A woman surviving from the clutches of a deadly disease, a soldier managing to defeat a Youkai...Such things are not acts of mere 'luck' or 'destiny', despite such concepts having a part on it. No...It's simply humans adapting. Growing...Evolving."

"So, that's why I think and move forward. So my children can do the same. So they can 'beat' destiny and 'time', and the cruelty that comes with it. For I am Ocaeril, the Father of life on this planet, and I wish my children the brightest future possible."
/Let Me tell you a story/
/There were two brothers/
/One who spent his soul in profligate light/
/And one who hoarded his power in darkness/
/The dark brother was arrogant and vain/
/Believing that he was superior to his brother/
/And he fell for his lie/

/You are more honest than My dark brother/

/Let Me tell you a story/
/There were two brothers/
/One who spent his soul in profligate light/
/And one who hoarded his power in darkness/
/The dark brother was arrogant and vain/
/Believing that he was superior to his brother/
/And he fell for his lie/

/You are more honest than My dark brother/

...With that, Ocaeril's beliefs of who was talking to him become true, his eyes squinting at the figure sitting next to him, as he closed his eyes, and looked at the planet once more.

'...If this ends poorly and my body is destroyed, perhaps I can...'

...Yes, that might work, that might just save his ass if this indeed goes down. But so far...He would simply stare at the god taking his appearance in silence.

"
Well, considering the context of this little story of yours, I'm going to see this as both a good and bad thing, then. Still, thank you." He replied, giving the other a nod. "...Well then, is there anything else you wish to discuss, or is this perhaps it? I'm not exactly busy, I already finished most of my business on this cycle."

...With that, Ocaeril's beliefs of who was talking to him become true, his eyes squinting at the figure sitting next to him, as he closed his eyes, and looked at the planet once more.

'...If this ends poorly and my body is destroyed, perhaps I can...'

...Yes, that might work, that might just save his ass if this indeed goes down. But so far...He would simply stare at the god taking his appearance in silence.

"
Well, considering the context of this little story of yours, I'm going to see this as both a good and bad thing, then. Still, thank you." He replied, giving the other a nod. "...Well then, is there anything else you wish to discuss, or is this perhaps it? I'm not exactly busy, I already finished most of my business on this cycle."
Yimor'droth did not speak. A flare of light, and the god found himself back on the planet's surface.

The Hall of Light was the brightest star that night.

Yimor'droth did not speak. A flare of light, and the god found himself back on the planet's surface.

The Hall of Light was the brightest star that night.

As the god returned to his true body, he couldn't help but look back at the moon above.

"...How rude, he didn't even let me ask a question of my own, let alone say his goodbyes."

...Of course, despite making light of the situation, the god still couldn't shake off the feeling in his gut that something would happen.

He wasn't sure what it was yet. If it was good, or bad. But his mind told himself to prepare.

The tree should bear its fruits as soon as possible, and the land should know its protectors...And hopefully, treat them righteously.

As Ocaeril's body disappeared, returning his essence to his 'clone', he promised himself one thing.

'Keep moving beyond the tides'

GM POST: 2
Revan4221 Revan4221 | BlackCat-055 BlackCat-055 | Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel | Scrump_Diddle Scrump_Diddle | Poetic Prose Master Poetic Prose Master | Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum | Stikes Stikes | KolastoRPN KolastoRPN | The Void Ever Watching The Void Ever Watching | Selee-01 Selee-01 | Churl Churl | Barbas Barbas | VomitIcicle VomitIcicle | Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GM UPDATE
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dawn of the New Year: 1100

Somewhere in a distant village, imperial banners decorated the quaint buildings as leaves fell and trumpets sounded in the distance, signalling the celebration of the new century. Meanwhile, the children of the village who could get away from the imperial hurrahs sneaked off into the nearby woods, where marshmallows were being roasted over the campfire in the dim light of the three-quarter eclipse. The village elder, whose tradition of storytelling had long since been abolished by the empire, sat at a log away from the prying eyes of all but the rambunctious children who were gathered around, without their parent's permission.

"Now now, sit down, sit down! No need to slink around like crippled lamia! Your parents are all drunken lowlifes anyway! It ain't like they'll find us here, ohoho!"

"Hey!"

"Oh I jest, but come! Sit down! All the empire has to teach you is meaningless drivel. 'Arithmetic', 'Literacy', Bah!"

"So what stories are you going to tell us this year Elder?"

"Well, I think you're all old enough to hear this one. Ever wonder where them demons came from? Well, legend has it that around fifty years back, the worst of the worst heard this 'lil voice in the back'a their heads that offered 'em a deal. Obey whatev's makin' that voice, and them lot get all the power they'd ever wish for. Fulfil their darkest desires and all that. Now you'll see 'lil tribes'a them things roamin' the wilds or on their own, you can tell 'em from men thanks to the purple skin, and the horns, and the tails, and the wings, and them giant willies! Ohoho!" *Ahem* "Stronger than any battlemage them things are, one'a them worth twenty imperial soldiers, only chance is if ya' send twenty one and an artillery division to make sure! 'Course demons come in all shapes and sizes ya'know. Sure, the purple skinned brute with horns is the common thought, but some got tentacles and eat brains, some look a bit like naga or driders, some got bodies made'a slime, some don't have bodies at all! Pure spirits who traded their physical form for the power to influence others and watch the world burn. 'Course my favorite are the imps. Pseudo-demons, only kinda kid a normal demon can bare or sire and they make easy killin'. 'Course they can strip a cow to the bone in a group and'r still nasty 'lil things. Not to say demons are goin' anywhere anytime soon, whether through them incubus things or by converting the worst of the worst from human stock into more of their kind, they can replace the ones we manage to kill, pleasant dreams, Ohoho! Good thing for us though, all them lot care 'bout is their own vices, love to experience 'sensation' those things, really took 'pursue your darkest desires' to the extreme didn't they? Hah! Sometimes they joined by some cults too, Helsa'r Baldur-worshippers I'd reckon, led by some grand caster with'a bone to pick with a lotta folks, but them mostly go burnin' down ole' sacred sites, 'least that's the last I heard've 'em doin."

One of the kids raises his hand, doing a spooky voice.

"And w-what a-about the... GOB-LINS!"

*Screams*

"Shhh! Quiet down! No need to bring the guards down on us! I'll tell you all about them... See, back in my day, goblins-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Oh stop that! Goblins used to be this big scary thing, going from town to town, kidnapping who they could and farming them for flesh. They'd raise men in their 'farms' like cattle for slaughter, and were ruled by what thems called a " shepherd". Grew bigger than most orc warbosses'n started some kinda empire of its own, then the good 'ole imperials turned up'n gave them the what-for, for a price'a course, 'n they kept the slaves, 'too far-gone to be civilized' they said, 'bred to serve' they said. 'Can't complain though, dress a goblin's meatslave up in a maid outfit and give'em a duster and they might do somthin' other than gettin' on their knees and cryin'. Hah!"

*Several of the older boys snicker at this.*

"But what if we still want them on their knees?"

"Ah shaddup ya' leper-faced nut-flicker. Now, what should I tell ya' next?"

*Someone in the back of the group responded.*

"Why not tell us how the empire came to rule our town?"

"Ah yes, see some time long ago the empire done piss off the high and mighty, and their fields went dry. Now, no fields means no food, and no food means no empire! Hah! 'Course the mainland'a the empire was the first to go, king up'n ran for the islands and left his people to starve and now all that land's got nothin' but tribes'n raiders roamin'. Islands still had fruit'n fish'n whatnot, but not'nuff to feed the whole damn colonial empire! So what'd they do? Needed a mainland's what they needed, so them lot took their fleet'n sailed 'round those mountains that used'ta keep 'em isolated. Hit the Exarch's lands first, then Zhailving, folks never saw it comin' and only one'a them had guns, n' those guns weren't enuff' for the biggest army this world's seen yet. 'Nuff to slow'em down in the east'a the continent though, 'nuff to waste what's left'a their resources while Camelot holds the line in the south. Still, we gots ourselves conquered 'round this time, 'now our crops go to feed the 'Empire', if ya' can call it that. Psshhh. Just some old royal family ruling like cowards from their 'lil island, suckin' us dry with their big 'ole army. Sure thems killed the goblins and build cities and make guns'n all that, but magic was what let two thirds'a the continent stay free and this lot snatched it away. Conscripted the wizards and such. Bleh! They just hide'way magic 'cause that old fool on the throne's scared of it. Zhailving's lord held off the imperial army and would'a won alone if them imperials didn't fight like cowards and shoot'em in the back. Still, man's son inherited his fortune and he'll retake this village someday, don't you fret about it! Then you can learn your sorcery, and I can keep my maid!"

"Elder, how exactly did the empire anger the gods?"

"Not too clear 'bout that one mah boy, but prob'ly had sometin' to do with that there coverup, 'know what I'm talkin' 'bout? Imperial family was coverin' their tracks in some shady business near their wanin' days before the new empire done replace 'em. Me think'in it's some Helsa-worshippin' or somesuch, maybe pacts with Ickol or they went'n murdered some fancy chosen one. All I know is that trustin' them imperials ain't worth'ya time, and watch'out for the MIR."

"Meer?"

"Men in robes. Thems the reason I left the empire in the first place, had a great life as a fancy-ass tax collector, now I'm here, and wouldn'tcha know it, the empire followed me! It'sa conspiracy I'm sayin'!"

"Oh! Oh! Tell us the one about the GIANT maid!"

"Ah yes, a classic. See, while our glorious imperial overlords might dress 'dem goblin meatslaves up like pretty 'lil meidos and teach 'em a few words, they 'got no real will'a their own left, they hollow, nothing there but fear. They broken, you see? Sure we treat 'em well, but they ain't really human, but they can be worked to the bone, and that's what this one was doin' up until it went and grew into a big'ole undead horror for no real reason. Ain't sure why it happened, but farmhand walks out to find'is slave a hundred feet tall and doin' whatever the man said. First thing's first the man did was go and conquer himself a kingdom, next he got'er to shrink'n he made lotsa babies, now the man's built'imself a nation on'tha back'a that beastie, 'n oh she a beastie alright, levels castles with that'ole skeleton-arse'a hers and c'n kill just'bout anything, 'xept maybe some'a those monsters 'ya hear'bout, like what them simic elves done been cookin' up, some beast that looks'abit like 'ya worst fear and the gore-field, need lasagna for that one kiddies! So make sure to keep a lasagna under'ya pillow, just'ncase he comes'a meowin'! Now, what next?"

"Wasn't there some big war in the east, or something?"

"Oh that there was boyo! See 'while back their emperor got himself a boon from some god or another, probably Assyrian, but not a big deal either way. Point is, man became the strongest thing since that giant meido 'n opened bunches'a punchin' schools to make'a few more'a dem guards for fightin' 'n stuff. Meanwhile on that island full'a cats'n shi... ndigs. Shindigs! Eyyup! That empress went'n tried makin' peace with the emperor once she wised up to the emps' powah 'n she tried makin' peace, got it too! Free with an occupation force! Hah! Nekos got 'emselves conquered 'n forced to eat non-human meat, no more fancy warrior culture either! Forced into pacifism but otherwise pretty well off. Somethin' 'bout that empress, jade 'emp didn't wanna risk fightin' her, but still, man went up against some demigod no sweat, called a "Kitsune" or somethin'. Got his ass kicked too, came back with the guards and sent that thing runnin' ran off to the nekos 'n hid in some shrine, emperor 'n her army may be the biggest 'n strongest in the world but somethin' 'bout that neko queen just spooks 'em. Woman's like seventy-somthin' though, won't be 'round for 'long lest she some kinda' demigod too or somethin'. Anyway, 'emps went'n had those centaurs rounded up'n taken to some nice farms if ya' get my idea. Probs for tha' best, them crazy horsemen 'been raidin' the east fer years up 'til the last of 'em fled to some other place, prob' just some deserted island since all'vasudden the humans can actually fight'em on their home turf."

*The kids nod in unison.*

"Anyway, what next? Ah of course! Kids, now listen here, if 'ya see any big clouds'a fog movin' around at strange angles, do yerself'a favor and run like ya' got a slime on'ya back! Buncha' cultists'er mutants' or some other perversion. Gas's poison, don't sniff'it, we're downwind'a those foglands and sometimes that stuff blows in. Now that I've given mah good advice for the day, what should I tell ya'll next?"

"Oh! Show us that thing you found!"

"Ya' mean this?"

*The Elder produces the sword of light and darkness.*

"Found it in the swamp! Right 'round that spot the empire dug up that 'ole artifact what holds the stuff'a spirit, 'n that weird tower with no doors. They say it's some kinda monument, channels magic to do all that lightin' up it does 'n honors some ancient golem. Ah well, this 'ole sword can't cut butter."

*The elder offhandedly swings it away from the children, and a beam of light blasts out of the tip, burning a hole in a nearby tree and setting it on fire.*

"Good for pokin' though!"

*The children all look concerned, and one speaks up.*

"Uh... elder? I think you just started a forest fire."

"Ohoho! That I did! Bets'we get inside now!"

*The elder shoos the kids and they all scurry away, and he soon heads home as well, while the forest outside his village is engulfed in flames.*

Meanwhile...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wherever the gods were, the world went dark, and they reappeared in their thrones in the same golden hall they had been in before. The feast was replenished, and this was clearly going to be a routine procedure. Yimor's throne was empty as usual, and the globe of Ocaeril spun monotonously at the far end of the hall, and the next meeting of the gods began, and as it did, one final curiosity was seen. The Navigator's throne, previously empty, is now occupied. Divici, previously missing, opens his eyes after a one thousand and one hundred year slumber, and before him is a being only he can see.

"RIGHT. SO THESE IDIOTS CAN'T FIX A PLANET FOR SHIT. I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY SPICE THINGS UP SO HAVE AT IT. SURE, COULD'A JUST WOKEN YOU UP TO START, BUT I NEED ACES IN THE HOLE AND ALL. NOW, THIS WORLD IS BORING. FIX. IT. NOW. NYEH!"

As soon as it appeared, the Void Lord vanished, and Divici now found himself surrounded by a familiar pantheon.

( Wolf Nerd Wolf Nerd )​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back