• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Pantheon: Live and Reloaded (IC Thread) (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Corven handed over the shard of the box with little fanfare. "This, despite appearances, is some of the most advanced technology to have ever graced this land."

"I need you to help reverse-engineer it."

Ziji plucked it from his hands and turned it over. "Hm," he squinted at it. "I have to agree, this is a masterpiece. I will study and unravel it's makings, but first, what do you need this for?" he asked Corven, briefly showing his interest in the god's business. "You reasons won't affect my helping you, but I do like to know what I'm getting myself into."

Ziji plucked it from his hands and turned it over. "Hm," he squinted at it. "I have to agree, this is a masterpiece. I will study and unravel it's makings, but first, what do you need this for?" he asked Corven, briefly showing his interest in the god's business. "You reasons won't affect my helping you, but I do like to know what I'm getting myself into."
"I need time away from all of this, ah, chaos. To, well, find myself, so to speak. Go on a little planeswalking adventure, clear my head."

"I need time away from all of this, ah, chaos. To, well, find myself, so to speak. Go on a little planeswalking adventure, clear my head."
"Understandable. My method of escaping is just very, very long naps, one of which I just returned from. Lucky you, I decided to awaken when you needed me," he smiled. "I've helped many before, and I'm required in different ways. Is there a plan you'd like me to follow? Or shall I get to work right away?"

"Understandable. My method of escaping is just very, very long naps, one of which I just returned from. Lucky you, I decided to awaken when you needed me," he smiled. "I've helped many before, and I'm required in different ways. Is there a plan you'd like me to follow? Or shall I get to work right away?"
"Preferably, I'd like it made as soon as possible." The Crystal's that made up Corvens body glowed, possibly with anticipation. "I've been looking forward to this for quite some time."

"Preferably, I'd like it made as soon as possible." The Crystal's that made up Corvens body glowed, possibly with anticipation. "I've been looking forward to this for quite some time."
Ziji read his excitement, which drew him into helping him even more. He waved his hand in the air and a portal appeared, leading into a haven of inventions. "Follow me." He stepped inside and set the shard onto a table.

Ziji read his excitement, which drew him into helping him even more. He waved his hand in the air and a portal appeared, leading into a haven of inventions. "Follow me." He stepped inside and set the shard onto a table.
"So, how does this work? You just, like, rearrange its molecular structure? Or is it more complicated than that?" If he had a mouth, he would have smiled.

"So, how does this work? You just, like, rearrange its molecular structure? Or is it more complicated than that?" If he had a mouth, he would have smiled.
"Something like that. Although, I first have to find the origins of the idea that caused its creation, meaning I have to identify the person whose mind built this." His eyes glazed over and for a split second it looked like a pigeon flew out of his chest. A short moment passed and the pigeon returned into his chest, disappearing again.

He opened his palm, which had closed into a fist during the pigeon's flight. A blue cookie lay in his hand. "Believe it or not, this is the blueprint for this shard. To get the information from the blueprint," he ate the cookie in one bite and blinked as he absorbed the information, "I just eat it. I don't know why it is a cookie, but that's how it works. The knowledge is now known to me, but the only way I can retrieve it from my sub conscience is to disassemble the shard on a molecular level, like you said. I won't know what I'm doing, but my body will work on autopilot. Once I'm done, the full blueprint will be a part of my active conscience, not just my sub conscience."

Silence came from the planet god as he allowed Tanya to talk, his mouth didn't move, and no voices came to interrupt her. He simply stood still and watched as the woman now spoke. Her words were true, he knew that deep down. Gods were extremists. Detached from the normal values of life and morals from being higher beings. He knew what she went through. The feelings she had. And yet, he just couldn't accept everything she had said. At least not in the full essence of things. Perhaps it was his old values coming to him. Perhaps it was Zyr. Perhaps it was a mix of the two. But, the one thing he absolutely couldn't accept was her words.

'Do you wish me to die?'

...SLAP!

Tanya would soon find her face looking in the other direction. A stinging sensation on her left cheek, as the pigment in her skin became red from the impact of Ocaeril's hand slapping her. It didn't hurt, nor did it kill her. It was just a slap. Yet, it still hurt. Perhaps it hurt physically. Perhaps emotionally. Perhaps in some other way.

...As soon as she moved to face him again, she would see his eyes hidden by his hair, but the unmistakable sight of tears coming down his face was there. His teeth were biting his lower lips, as he moved his hand back, and shook his head. Finally, in nearly a hundred years, the god of the planet showed genuine emotions to the one in front of him. And Tanya could see the sheer sadness and anger coming from within him. It was a strong feeling.

Before she could notice anything else, he closed the distance between him and her, and Tanya was pulled into a tight hug.

"You're still my friend, you idiot!" He yelled out as he hugged Tanya. There was no malice, lust, or anything of the sorts in the hug. It was simply a hug that showed emotion. Something in-the-moment. Perhaps an apology for slapping her. Perhaps for some other reason. "I understand what you mean, I went through the same thing! The arrogance, the extreme personalities of gods, their objectives, their hopes, their dreams, all that we represent! But...I cannot accept what you say! Not because you're wrong, not because you're misguided, but I can't just let you close off your emotions, your bonds like that!"

He pulled away from her, tears were still coming down his face. Raw emotions were all that were currently present. "I live as a mortal because of that, so I can feel things humans can! So I can be connected to them, to you, to everyone, so I don't hurt anyone! But you...If you close your emotions like that...If you believe you can only do things by yourself...How much better will be from a god just like Zemrasil? Who feels no remorse? Who needs no one?"

His face looked down, he held onto Tanya's shoulders with both his hands, before looking at her again.

"
I won't kill you, I can never kill you! You're my friend, and I'm angry at you because you didn't trust me and Inqui to help! I could...! I could..."

A groan came from him due to all the shouting he did. His mind was slightly tired, and so was his body. Rubbing his eyes with his sleeves, he looked at her again. Not as a god to a mortal, but to a friend to another friend.

After all, wasn't that what they were?

"I could never kill you, my friend."

Tanya stared at the tired Ocaeril, her eyes glistening as they took in all of his words, she looked down as their hair covered their face, they took a deep sigh as she slowly wrapped her arms across Ocaeril, hugging him comfortingly. She let out a few words.

"I'm sorry"

She then continued to hug him comfortingly as she looked on silently, her face covered by her hair, there was only silence as she hugged him, for her intent was clear enough.

Eventually, she finally started to speak.

"Do you know why this kingdom was called Camelot? When me, Inqui, and Merlin came to this lands, long ago, when you, her, and I were young, I and Merlin helped out villages and people, eventually, they looked up to me, like I was the one who they came to for their problems, like a leader, and so I decided I would shoulder that trust, I would be the one to help lead them, to protect them, when that time came, when the city was made, there needed to be a name, Merlin gave one, Camelot, the kingdom of King Arthuria, I asked why, and he said that maybe I can make it in honor of the great hero of Britain, maybe do better, and so I did, deciding that I like her, will do my best to be the leader that would help my citizens.

But I guess, what I thought I should do, wasn't was right, I realized, when you say these words, on how I shut off my emotions, I was doing what I thought a leader should be, and ultimately, it was what Arthuria thought so too, I thought to become the proper leader, I had to be stoic, unflinching, because I thought, it would give me bias perhaps, maybe I'd do something wrong, but in the end, I guess I was shutting off the wrong things, after all, despite what I did, I still had bias.

Maybe, I was wrong, and I should do better.

Maybe"

Her words were soft as she simply continued to hug Ocaeril before returning back to the silence they had between the two of them.

At that moment, the strange crystalline aliens looked to eachother for a moment, and after seemingly communicating in some strange language of chitters and clicks, they unanimously turned to face Inqui and spoke as one.

--"WE ARE ONE. WE ARE ALL."--

This alien voice was a far-cry from their previous tone, perhaps they are trying to seem intimidating?​

Inqui quirked her mouth but sighed before looking back up.

"I...am...guess...ing...you...are...not....Nymp..hids...then? If...you...are...one...and...al..so..all...what..are...you...ex..act..ly...then?"

Tanya stared at the tired Ocaeril, her eyes glistening as they took in all of his words, she looked down as their hair covered their face, they took a deep sigh as she slowly wrapped her arms across Ocaeril, hugging him comfortingly. She let out a few words.

"I'm sorry"

She then continued to hug him comfortingly as she looked on silently, her face covered by her hair, there was only silence as she hugged him, for her intent was clear enough.

Eventually, she finally started to speak.

"Do you know why this kingdom was called Camelot? When me, Inqui, and Merlin came to this lands, long ago, when you, her, and I were young, I and Merlin helped out villages and people, eventually, they looked up to me, like I was the one who they came to for their problems, like a leader, and so I decided I would shoulder that trust, I would be the one to help lead them, to protect them, when that time came, when the city was made, there needed to be a name, Merlin gave one, Camelot, the kingdom of King Arthuria, I asked why, and he said that maybe I can make it in honor of the great hero of Britain, maybe do better, and so I did, deciding that I like her, will do my best to be the leader that would help my citizens.

But I guess, what I thought I should do, wasn't was right, I realized, when you say these words, on how I shut off my emotions, I was doing what I thought a leader should be, and ultimately, it was what Arthuria thought so too, I thought to become the proper leader, I had to be stoic, unflinching, because I thought, it would give me bias perhaps, maybe I'd do something wrong, but in the end, I guess I was shutting off the wrong things, after all, despite what I did, I still had bias.

Maybe, I was wrong, and I should do better.

Maybe"

Her words were soft as she simply continued to hug Ocaeril before returning back to the silence they had between the two of them.

A hand came to rest atop Tanya's head, as Ocaeril stroked her own blonde hair gently, almost as if cleaning it up. The silence was choking, as the planet god didn't say a single word. It was hard to say what he was thinking, like his face, despite being wet with tears, was also stoic and quiet. But, before long, the silence was broken. "Tanya, there is no such thing as an 'ideal leader.' One might think that an ideal leader needs to live for his people, that they need to be stoic, heroic, or willing to do horrible things. Such a concept is not real. The world isn't black and white. It's green. It's blue. It's yellow...As long as people support you and your actions, as long as you truly believe what you're doing is right, as long as you're willing to change...There's no such thing as an 'ideal leader.'"

Gently pulling her away although still holding her shoulders with his hands, Ocaeril stared at her eyes, seemingly wanting her to truly listen and understand his words. "...However. I soon learned that to live for all of humanity and be completely selfless to oneself and others...It means living outside of humanity. It means losing it. To protect and inspire humanity...It means living alongside it. Not for it."

He looked off to the distance. It was clear who he was talking about. After all, who was the god that would selflessly sacrifice himself for others, despite making so people didn't go the same path due to sheer love? One who hid his burdens, one who didn't others to suffer? Who was the idiotically kind god that seemed to be incapable of hatred?

It was him, of course.

Tanya, Inqui, and Merlin may be older and Ocaeril may be wiser, but he was still one which grew and understood more and more things over time. Evolution was his Sphere, after all. And by virtue of being a god, emotions, and kindness truly stuck with him for the longest time. The feeling of loss caused him to protect others. The feeling of being unwanted caused him to love all. The feeling of injustice caused him to be overly protective. The hatred of the gods caused him to love all others.

He too was no different than her, once.

"Live and rule as a person, Tanya. You deserve to be happy."

Using his fingers to pull her lips up in a smile, Ocaeril offered his own sorrowful smile to her.

Live.

Last edited:

• Original The Character: Action 2

Meanwhile, somewhere in a remote field in Larion, Original observed the skies through a telescope. elaborately fitted with magical instruments and a specially designed lens, one invented first after it was discovered that direct observation of the stars with the naked eye could lead to lethal brain hemorraging. He had taken a humanoid form, a tall, male changeling with a dark blue cloak and a number of other garments to cover his more conspicuous features from occupation patrols. He turned a knob slightly, focusing the telescope on a particular star and observing it closer. The star blinked, looked around aimlessly and generally behaved as one would expect a star to act, though it appeared to briefly swat at something with a tendril and it was then Original saw a UFO, certainly not a plane as it darted out of reach of the star, making sharp right angles and passing over Original's head. It paused above him, and he was gone, yet, not abducted, having taken the shape of a microbe and simply beaming aboard as the pilots saw only the disappearance of their target. As they moved on, Original would explore the ship, and sizing up the inhabitants. He would identify them rather quickly, and much to the terror of the crystalloid aliens, a song would begin to play throughout the ship, emanated out of the magical pink crystals that vibrated the tones, typically used for communications but now serving a very different purpose.

By the end of this, the aliens were understandably terrified, not just of the fact that Original was doing female vocals by mimicking a number of voices, mainly that of Ickol as he imagined her normal voice to sound, but also by somehow compelling the alien captain to contribute the rest of the song's lyrics as it patrolled the halls of the ship, brandishing a crystalline weapon and attempting to seek out the stowaway, which, eventually, it found, or more accurately, it was found by, given Original had retaken his true shape and spindashed into it, blowing off its forward crystalline plating and sending the alien into the wall.

"So it won't no dream after'all, eh?"

The alien got to its feet, seemingly recognizing the nature of its situation and speaking in a metallic voice, one that would sound familiar to a number of extradimensional badgers.

"No, I take it you were one of the beings of the beach?"

"One'a 'em? Girl I'd gotta' be the king'a that strip'a sand! Not that you'd know a king if'ya saw one! Hah!"

Original high-fived himself, as the alien kicked the ground, rocketing forward in a pulse of kinetic energy and grabbing Original in a hug. His response was to release a number of quils into the alien's armor or the exposed leather robe beneath the shattered area, but startling her enough to let go.

"Hate'a disappoint but I'm a married man!"

Original wiggled a finger on the hand without a glove, revealing a wedding band that he had likely been wearing under that glove that Eva had bitten off for upwards of a thousand years. "I + O" Was carved on it.

"What do you want?"

A number of other alien guards had arrived, all baring strange staff-weapons of a technological and magical level beyond anything seen on ocaeril, their capabilities would go unseen, of course, as original presented his offer to the extraterrestrials.

Meanwhile, in Larion, the revolution had effectively collapsed. The increased measures by the church to detect changelings had, given poor timing of the doppleganger's infiltration of the church, had led to a number of them being exposed. Though the dopplegangers, capable of biological changes rather than simple illusion, were fundementally harder to detect, a few of their number had been uncovered, largely through subtle observation and catching them when they were comfortable enough to drop their disguise, and so the inquisition's fire burned stronger than ever, the dopplegangers, effectively reduced to the state they once had been in, many former system lords having retreated into the wilderness to scavenge as their ancestors did, others fleeing to the Biome and some still trapped in their own kingdom. Of those who returned to the wild, the former supreme system lord, having abandoned his name with the loss of his kingdom, and a number of other dopplegangers.

"How could this have happened..."

He spoke to no one in particular, yet his sorrow was shared by all. The last centuries had been good ones for their kind, and as they knew now, all good things would come to an end.

1591055536222.png

Though not necessarily today. A bright light from the sky, and the doppleganger's minds would go blank, taken aboard the alien vessel. How much time passed before they would be returned was uncertain for them, and however gruesome the tests conducted on them would be, they would have no memory of it. Original, in truth, had struck a deal with the otherworldly beings. He had seen them in their natural state and knew them to be weak, pitiful things reliant on their technology and magic to even survive on Ocaeril, and yet what he offered them was the genetic material of a race capable of taking on any form it desired, though, in truth, just as weak as the aliens themselves. Admittedly, Original had absolutely no clue what DNA was, but the results the aliens presented him with were just as profound to him as they would be to any man or divine being. In exchange for the doppleganger's genetic information, the aliens had merged their own DNA with them, and enhanced them in several other ways. Once beamed down, the dopplegangers would awaken and behold themselves. They would have no eyes to see, but with the unfathomable psionic power bestowed upon them from the alien genes, they did not need them. They had no mouths to speak, but their screams could be heard regardless.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE FALSE PANTHEON HAS HAPPENED TO US!?"

That was when the supreme system lord saw the faces of the others, or, lackthereof. Each of the dopplegangers, regaining their composure in the woods on some sort of crop circle-like pattern burnt into the grass had no facial features visible, though aside from lacking any orifices they appeared quite human, generally with a hulking masculine figure even among the females, and upon closer inspection they had become hermaphroditic as well. They would panic of course, though once they had clothed themselves and overcome their initial shock, they would find their new shapes to have advantages. They could still take on the appearance of any humanoid, though they now had vastly superior strength on account of the infusion of genetic material from a number of other races. Their blood had been turned replaced with a highly caustic substance, capable of dissolving them on death and emitting noxious fumes that could blind anyone exposed to them and coagulate the blood if inhaled. Finally, and most significantly, they had become almost unkillable, gunshots from even enchanted weapons would be almost harmless to them, and the only vulnerable area on their bodies would be a small pustule at the base of the neck, visible regardless of their appearance and needing to be pierced with a blade in order to effectively kill the mutant doppleganger, and soon enough, having realized the extent of their modifications, the new rebels would return to their plotting, determined to take back Larion.

1591057583779.png

1591057958470.png

1591058046271.png

The Invaders will fear the Faceless.

Last edited:
Eva Post
Action 2
Divine Forge creation

From the summit of the World Tree, Eva took flight in draconic form. In the expanse of the sea, she found a volcanic island. Coming to a stop on the edge of the crater, she began to infuse her power into the volcano. A monochromatic pillar of energy poured into the sky like a beacon, lancing high above the waters.

This volcano would be a forge, where she could create new things with ease. Here, Eva could practice her divine power. Taking human shape, she carved out a suitably large chamber near the planet’s heart. Here, she could feel the chakra of her father. Here, she could mold new things.

A seat rose from the magma, and she settled down to consider what she desired to make next.

A hand came to rest atop Tanya's head, as Ocaeril stroked her own blonde hair gently, almost as if cleaning it up. The silence was choking, as the planet god didn't say a single word. It was hard to say what he was thinking, like his face, despite being wet with tears, was also stoic and quiet. But, before long, the silence was broken. "Tanya, there is no such thing as an 'ideal leader.' One might think that an ideal leader needs to live for his people, that they need to be stoic, heroic, or willing to do horrible things. Such a concept is not real. The world isn't black and white. It's green. It's blue. It's yellow...As long as people support you and your actions, as long as you truly believe what you're doing is right, as long as you're willing to change...There's no such thing as an 'ideal leader.'"

Gently pulling her away although still holding her shoulders with his hands, Ocaeril stared at her eyes, seemingly wanting her to truly listen and understand his words. "...However. I soon learned that to live for all of humanity and be completely selfless to oneself and others...It means living outside of humanity. It means losing it. To protect and inspire humanity...It means living alongside it. Not for it."

He looked off to the distance. It was clear who he was talking about. After all, who was the god that would selflessly sacrifice himself for others, despite making so people didn't go the same path due to sheer love? One who hid his burdens, one who didn't others to suffer? Who was the idiotically kind god that seemed to be incapable of hatred?

It was him, of course.

Tanya, Inqui, and Merlin may be older and Ocaeril may be wiser, but he was still one which grew and understood more and more things over time. Evolution was his Sphere, after all. And by virtue of being a god, emotions, and kindness truly stuck with him for the longest time. The feeling of loss caused him to protect others. The feeling of being unwanted caused him to love all. The feeling of injustice caused him to be overly protective. The hatred of the gods caused him to love all others.

He too was no different than her, once.

"Live and rule as a person, Tanya. You deserve to be happy."

Using his fingers to pull her lips up in a smile, Ocaeril offered his own sorrowful smile to her.

Live.
Tanya grasped Ocaeril's fingers softly, gently lifting away to reveal a kept smile.

"Very well then Ocaeril, maybe I will try this, I shall do what you say, if I will inspire my people, then I shall be like them, live for myself, be human as you say"

Tanya nodded her head respectfully and in gratitude.

"I am glad we talked this out, I never have talked this much to anyone, some to Merle and Harley, but never the true story, even to Inqui, so I guess thank you for listening to that, of course, I hope you don't use that to blackmail me", she said before chuckling mirthfully.

"Anyways, I shall keep this in mind now, so, would you like anything else? If there's anything needed, I can help with it as much as I can, but if there's not, I shall try to apply what you have given to me in this talk Ocaeril"
--"UH..."--

The aliens look really confused.

--"GIVE US A MOMENT."--

They chitter and click at eachother a bit more, seeming to eventually come to a consensus.

"Y-Yeah w-we're those things you are talking about... maybe..."
Inqui smiled but inside, was saddened.

"Is..that..so? Then...if...you...all...are...truly...Nymp..hids....yet...do...not..know...me..then...I...guess..." Inqui sighed "never..mind...any..ways....it...was...not...of...the..matt..er....so...may...I...know...why..you...all...are...here? Like...say...your...miss...ion...or...so"

Last edited:
Tanya grasped Ocaeril's fingers softly, gently lifting away to reveal a kept smile.

"Very well then Ocaeril, maybe I will try this, I shall do what you say, if I will inspire my people, then I shall be like them, live for myself, be human as you say"

Tanya nodded her head respectfully and I"n gratitude.

"I am glad we talked this out, I never have talked this much to anyone, some to Merle and Harley, but never the true story, even to Inqui, so I guess thank you for listening to that, of course, I hope you don't use that to blackmail me", she said before chuckling mirthfully.

"Anyways, I shall keep this in mind now, so, would you like anything else? If there's anything needed, I can help with it as much as I can, but if there's not, I shall try to apply what you have given to me in this talk Ocaeril"

Ocaeril soon smiled himself, closing his eyes in thought, before taking a few steps back. With a sigh that truly had relief in it, he shook his head to her, before adjusting his outfit, which, unfortunately, messed itself from its exchange. With a soft sniff, he spoke. "Not much aside from the obvious. Listen, Tanya, the moment you see signs of Dark Narus, call me, Inqui, or Tiamat, alright? I'll try and pull you from that situation. In fact, I'd say you should keep hidden for a while. I have a few angels that could keep watch of you or help you take care of Camelot while doing so, it's just that...I believe that guy won't give up, you know."

Indeed, beings like AIWASS could certainly help keep Tanya hidden while also making sure everything in Camelot stays normal. He had a few plans on his mind involving the technology of the invaders that just came. While he was not a militaristic person at heart, perhaps...Gearing up would do well. While he could properly create some things of his own...Maybe that new god could help in this endeavor! Ziji, a pigeon. One of his first creations. Funny how he became a god.

Giving Tanya a pat on the head, before finger flicking her forehead with affection only a friend could give, he grinned. "
Now, just don't go falling for me now, hm? I'm a married man, haha~" It was clear he was joking to try and lift up the mood. It was still a bit annoying, though.

"Regardless, I'll keep in contact. Space-Time is like a phone, y' know. Except you can choose when to hang it up. I'll be going now..."

This time, as Ocaeril left, he didn't create another portal or gap in reality, instead, he just walked up to the door, and...Left. Not before giving Tanya one last look and a genuine smile, but it was a change of pace from the usual flashy things he did.

"...Take care of yourself! And make sure to visit us sometime! Eva is already a pretty little lady~!"

Despite the silliness and lack of focus on his words despite the seriousness of the situation, Ocaeril couldn't help but laugh as he walked away.

After all, he was a man who enjoyed happiness even in the worst of scenarios.

Action 3

Now was the time. The time for waiting was over. Now was the time of the Awakening. The long awaited birth. Everything was coming together. All the plotting. All the effort. All of the blood. It was all coming together, and now it was time for the grand finale.

At first, things started small, as things usually do. Some mild earthquakes. Animals inexplicable dropping dead. Plants withering to nothing. As well as some fortune tellers and other such people suffering a sudden bout insanity.Strange, but relatively minor things in the grand scheme of things.

These events did not last for long, and with their passing came the real horror. In the the blink of an eye, thick, black clouds formed, filling up the the sky and blocking out both sun and moon, cloaking the world in darkness. And with the clouds came a downpour of rain. A putrid, pitch-black rain that polluted the world and burned the flesh of any and all practitioners of magic.

As the world was drowned in polluted rain, the entity began to stir. All along the tower, cracks began to form as the tower, and soon, the massive tower collapsed and came crashing down into the ground. The ground surrounding the tower suffered the same fate. Large cracks formed in the earth, and soon the ground was violently shaking as everything was crushed and smashed to oblivion. This carried on for some time, until nothing remained but a lake of black sludge.

After the lake was revealed to the world, something emerged from it's black depths. From the center of the lake came a tall figure completely covered with black sludge. And as floated upwards out of the lake, it spoke.

"I hate magic users."

Elsewhere

From his perch, Baldur observed everything that was transpiring, and what he saw made his fang-filled maw twist into a horrid smile.

Action 3

Now was the time. The time for waiting was over. Now was the time of the Awakening. The long awaited birth. Everything was coming together. All the plotting. All the effort. All of the blood. It was all coming together, and now it was time for the grand finale.

At first, things started small, as things usually do. Some mild earthquakes. Animals inexplicable dropping dead. Plants withering to nothing. As well as some fortune tellers and other such people suffering a sudden bout insanity.Strange, but relatively minor things in the grand scheme of things.

These events did not last for long, and with their passing came the real horror. In the the blink of an eye, thick, black clouds formed, filling up the the sky and blocking out both sun and moon, cloaking the world in darkness. And with the clouds came a downpour of rain. A putrid, pitch-black rain that polluted the world and burned the flesh of any and all practitioners of magic.

As the world was drowned in polluted rain, the entity began to stir. All along the tower, cracks began to form as the tower, and soon, the massive tower collapsed and came crashing down into the ground. The ground surrounding the tower suffered the same fate. Large cracks formed in the earth, and soon the ground was violently shaking as everything was crushed and smashed to oblivion. This carried on for some time, until nothing remained but a lake of black sludge.

After the lake was revealed to the world, something emerged from it's black depths. From the center of the lake came a tall figure completely covered with black sludge. And as floated upwards out of the lake, it spoke.

"I hate magic users."

Elsewhere

From his perch, Baldur observed everything that was transpiring, and what he saw made his fang-filled maw twist into a horrid smile.

Somewhere else, within a fortress that existed beyond the normal dimensions...

"What?! An acidic rain all across the world?!"

Within the Infinity Dimensional Fortress of the Nine Whispers, a board meeting was held. Each member stood atop a large chair that more seemed like pillars then anything else in a circular motion, and a good number of them seemed to be...Mildly calm in this situation. Nihawk of the East was the one that had brought over the information given by the Shadowkin, their agents, about the current, literal shit-storm currently occurring in the world. He was the same one that shook his head at Ainz of the Center's question with sorrow.

"First, ow, my ears, asshat! Second, it is no simple acidic rain, Ainz. It is something that falls onto the true realms of 'magic.' The unexplainable. Our agents understand it's magical in nature but at the same time..."

"...It's something a simple mortal couldn't do, at least not alone, is that right?" Krasnen of the West asked, his hand supporting his cheek as he leaned across his chair. The disinterested air in his character truly put everyone off, although they knew he simply was like that. "Hm. Right, the report says things such as famines, insanity, and overall plant death with varying degrees of occurrences happened in areas all across the world, although with increasing reports in the Empire before the rain happened..."

Krasnen held the report in his hands. Bellow him, in a lower chair, Kiki of the South replied. "...Which shows no simple human or mortal race could achieve this feat. It's something divine, right? Things like that are so common nowadays, hmph. These gods don't know when to give us a break..."

"Y-You guys are taking this way to easily..." Ainz of the Center replied, his jaw-dropping, before quickly getting himself back together. "...Regardless. Nihawk, you said this rain affects magic users and magic users only? What about magical beasts?"

"That is correct, Ainz. And yes, the rain does seem to have an effect on all things related to magic. Many of our agents were caught up on it, and many are currently recovering in the med bay. Thankfully, no losses were had yet...Thankfully, it only seems to be 'corrosive' in nature. Nothing that even remotely reaches the realm of the..."

"...Imagine Breaker." Sigyl of the Southwest finished before Nihawk could, holding a small dagger on his hands. It shimmered with deep red flames. "...This is a world-wide event, brothers. Like the day the sun fell, like the day the stars did too, the war, the wishes, the gods-- it is as true as the planet said. The world is in chaos. These gods...Have way too much free time in their hands."

"...Sigyl, are you suggesting we-- ahem, you all, aside from me, unleash the Fantasy Killers among the world?" The Center's words were cautious. His finger twitched. They never reached this level yet. They didn't know the true potential of them. They were wildcards. Things that can truly destroy fantasy or science by their own belief, while living beyond the normal realms and sights of normal people, things beyond their existence. Almost like concepts. If concepts could truly kill them and get rid of their magic.

"What other choice do we have? We're lucky our dungeon is the way it is, the roof could have collapsed on our heads with this damn rain!" Yung of the Northwest said, this time, pulling over the cloth hiding away his blind eyes. It shined with energy. "Tanin'iver is ready to go. I'm okay with unleashing him and Isetsuhiko into the world to stop this rain and whatever horrible shit it'll come out of it."

Ainz raised a hand. All went quiet, yet they all held each of their artifacts shining and showing different elements each.

"...Then, are we all in favor of unleashing them all?"

All hands were raised. Ainz closed his eyes and nodded. He lifted a finger up, and soon, each of the members of the Nine Whispers pulled what appeared to be singular hammers from their outfits.

When he raised the finger down and each member struck on their artifacts, the sound was deafening. He couldn't see, but he could feel. His magic was momentarily gone, almost as if it never existed. If it wasn't for the fact this room's ground gave direct access to the outside world, the entire fortress would have had unsavory effects all over it. Something invisible that couldn't be touched but could touch them, that could disappear and reappear at a moment's notice, and with eight unique powers, slithered across the room.

They could all hear a single thing that they were glad was not directed at them before the invisible presence/(concept) disappeared out into the world.

We'll break that messed up fantasy of yours.

Last edited:
Eva Action 3

Forge Servitors
916FC878-7C13-4CB1-8721-D99F02543A08.jpeg
Eva snapped her fingers. She knew what she would make. Drawing the power of raw Chakra, her own Sphere, and the volcano, she drew up a mass of molten rock. She shaped it, drew microscopic runes, and imbued it with a spark of Divinity.

This rock would create Servitors, humanoid and nearly indestructible servants filled with the fires of life. They would come from the Servitors Spawner when she desired it, and would build and craft with her.

After a thousand or so were forged, she ceased generation. Then she began to work, her Servitors leaping to her assistance. Before long, this island would become a well-built forge, one worthy of the gods themselves.

Action 3

"I hate magic users."

Elsewhere

Arceus Action 3

Arceus looked down at this mess from the Hall of Origins and had many thoughts but most were revolving around the emotion of anger. I mean Acidic Rain! Seriously! This would not do, it most certainly won’t do. It took him about a moment to figure out what to do in this situation.

Arceus called upon the Draco and Sky plates and with his power of creation combined their essence into a newly formed Demi-God. A large, green, serpentine creature appears. It has red-tipped, rudder-like wings on its shoulders and down its body, and similarly patterned fins on the tip of its tail. Yellow ring-like symbols run across the length of it’s body and it has an additional yellow ring on top of its head. It also has two limbs with three-clawed hands, and two long, flat, horn-like structures on its head, with two shorter horns along its jawline. It has small, yellow eyes with black pupils, prominent pink gums, and two discernible fangs in its upper jaw.

He will call this new child Rayquaza, guardian of the atmosphere and the sky. With this title it has powers over the weather and it doesn't even require Arceus’ input to stop this madness.

It descends from the heavens, a massive hole in the storm along with a green light that comes through the hole and arrives Rayquaza.
hqdefault.jpg

And with one mighty roar of power the entire storm stops, the clouds begin to disperse as quickly as they came and as long as Rayquaza was around they wouldn’t return.

Meanwhile the people who have already died from the storm’s effects and would have been shoved into the Waiting Room would find themselves returned to their mortal bodies fully healed with some noticing a small green creature disappearing in a flash of light just before they fully regained their senses.

Ickol Action 1

“Gods help us...”

The Adventurers were staring at the creature with wide eyes. Their “mage”, the odd masked woman who had traveled with them for years, shrugged. Well, if they insist. The team had been guided by the secretive order of wise men known as the Still Liars to collect artifacts for them, and had travelled to the Exarchian ruins on one such mission. Stretching, the goddess snapped her fingers, and the party stared stupidly around them, forgetting where they were. They’d remember in a little bit, but her presence would be forgotten. Shame, she actually was having fun, but oh well. Time to do her job, or at least the bare minimum.

The goddess idly began tracking the creaturing, crafting lies and severing its path to lead it away from settlements, eventually having the creature march in a repeating loop, relying on its low intelligence to not be able to fight back against the lie. This will keep it in place for someone else to deal with it.

Arceus Action 3

Arceus looked down at this mess from the Hall of Origins and had many thoughts but most were revolving around the emotion of anger. I mean Acidic Rain! Seriously! This would not do, it most certainly won’t do. It took him about a moment to figure out what to do in this situation.

Arceus called upon the Draco and Sky plates and with his power of creation combined their essence into a newly formed Demi-God. A large, green, serpentine creature appears. It has red-tipped, rudder-like wings on its shoulders and down its body, and similarly patterned fins on the tip of its tail. Yellow ring-like symbols run across the length of it’s body and it has an additional yellow ring on top of its head. It also has two limbs with three-clawed hands, and two long, flat, horn-like structures on its head, with two shorter horns along its jawline. It has small, yellow eyes with black pupils, prominent pink gums, and two discernible fangs in its upper jaw.

He will call this new child Rayquaza, guardian of the atmosphere and the sky. With this title it has powers over the weather and it doesn't even require Arceus’ input to stop this madness.

It descends from the heavens, a massive hole in the storm along with a green light that comes through the hole and arrives Rayquaza.
hqdefault.jpg

And with one mighty roar of power the entire storm stops, the clouds begin to disperse as quickly as they came and as long as Rayquaza was around they wouldn’t return.

Meanwhile the people who have already died from the storm’s effects and would have been shoved into the Waiting Room would find themselves returned to their mortal bodies fully healed with some noticing a small green creature disappearing in a flash of light just before they fully regained their senses.

For a brief moment, it seemed as though the storm was stopped. But just as the clouds vanished, they instantly reappearep. But just before they could reform, some people who were unfortunate enough to be outside could potentially catch a brief glimpse of a massive object floating high in the sky.

While not necessarily people, all over the world, eight beings with great power had slithered across the continents, eating away the clouds and destroying many of them, away from the eye of the public, before the great serpent of weather, Rayquaza, had done anything to stop the rain. Their job was thankfully made easier thanks to it, and as such, in their mass travel across the globe, destroying anything related to the rain, and with the Nine Whispers constantly doing research and tracking down possible sources of it, the moment they saw the door, a collective moment of realization was shared among the members as they saw it.

A source? Or something worse?

They can't risk letting it stay. The moment that the rain disappeared, mere moments after Rayquaza had acted, the 8 beings slithered, as they made their way towards the object high in the sky. Eight massive beings attacked, as they bit onto the magical device. Sounds akin to a motor could be heard as their power started to act against the door. Destroy. Break. Cancel. Nullify. All eight of them would slither and bite like some sort of parasite in a carcass, attempting to rip away any shreds of the door by nullifying its magic...Or rather, destroy it, this time around like they attempted to do with the clouds, and try and stop it from spitting out any more horrible things.

For a single moment, anything related or connected to the door could see the sheer mass and size of the thing destroying it any remnants of magic on it, before they were invisible again.

ptisf8sxq2p41.png

Imagine Breaker

-

Dragon Strike

Last edited:
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

But as they went about the task of destroying the massive door hovering high in the sky, something happened. In one , shift movement, the door, which at first was only slightly opened, fully opened, revealing a void of complete darkness. A void that seem to radiate with pure hate. Although that void didn't remain visible for long, given that right as the door slammed fully open, a seemingly unending swarm of what appeared to be rotting, malformed corpses began to pour out of it, ready to tear apart anything in sight.

Back at the lake, the strange figure was still floating, but by now all of the sludge that was covering it's body was gone, revealing it's strange and somewhat raggedy) form. It tall, and thick. it wore what appeared to be a jacket that had many large pockets. It's arms were long and ended in mitten-like hands, which also had four long claws attached to them. As for it's head, it was covered by a tattered sheet with two, black eye-holes and a ring of spikes on top of it's head.

1591200034804.png

The creature remained still, until it's head slowly left, than right, before returning to it;s original position.

"Magic users detected. Kill all magic users."

With that, the creature began to float away towards it's destination: the capital of the Empire.

But as they went about the task of destroying the massive door hovering high in the sky, something happened. In one , shift movement, the door, which at first was only slightly opened, fully opened, revealing a void of complete darkness. A void that seem to radiate with pure hate. Although that void didn't remain visible for long, given that right as the door slammed fully open, a seemingly unending swarm of what appeared to be rotting, malformed corpses began to pour out of it, ready to tear apart anything in sight.

Back at the lake, the strange figure was still floating, but by now all of the sludge that was covering it's body was gone, revealing it's strange and somewhat raggedy) form. It tall, and thick. it wore what appeared to be a jacket that had many large pockets. It's arms were long and ended in mitten-like hands, which also had four long claws attached to them. As for it's head, it was covered by a tattered sheet with two, black eye-holes and a ring of spikes on top of it's head.

The creature remained still, until it's head slowly left, than right, before returning to it;s original position.

"Magic users detected. Kill all magic users."

With that, the creature began to float away towards it's destination: the capital of the Empire.

As the corpses came and came from the door, they were quickly and swiftly dealt with by one of the dragons with the angel head. Many that were caught by it suddenly glowed into a bright white essence before seemingly being destroyed into a sand-like mass, flying away into the wind. The dragons seemed to be doing short work of the door, pulling away energy from it like it was some sort of string, and breaking it completely.

The main dragon and the most common looking one, with white scales, opened its jaw tall and wide, before biting onto the door completely like it was some sort of meat slab. Deafeaning sounds came from it, as suddenly, the door suddenly stopped moving-- and the portal giving out to the other side suddenly was gone, although some zombies still were able to pour out.

Regardless, as the dragon bit into it, the door stopped to float, before it suddenly was swung around by the dragon and its companions like some sort of prey that was caught into a lion's maw, swinging, and each one of them pulling and breaking it even further, completely destroying any magical traits from it.

Elsewhere...

Across Ocaeril, various angels deployed by AIWASS flew across the globe to protect and defend any and all cities from anything that came from the rain, or the doors. They flew high, and each of them seemed completely different from one another. However, the few ships that carried them seemed to be multiple rings around a light source with eyes on it and massive wings, flying across the globe and deploying the hive-mind that was the angels to protect and keep the peace until any and all signs of the threat were gone.

".!Protect and watch. You are safe. Protect and watch. You are safe.
Preserve the mortals!."

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Churl Churl

As the creature continued to float towards it destination, it suddenly came to a complete stop. It seemed like it finally sensed what was happening to the Door, and it was not pleased. Not one bit. And it was about to do something about this little problem. Above it's spike-ringed head formed a cloud. A dark one.

With the cloud above it's head, the creature continued it's journey. And by now the city was in sight.

"Kill all magic users. Kill em all."

But as it started to move, it was suddenly distracted by something. Strange and confusing thoughts entered it's mind. Disorienting it, and messing with it's sense of direction. It was so confused that it began to float around in a circle over and over again.

Elsewhere

As the Fantasy Breakers were slowly destroying the massive Door, something odd occurred. Above each of their heads formed a small cloud. A cloud that seemed to follow them wherever they went. And just has they appeared, rain began to pour from them. Acidic rain.

Last edited:

As the creature continued to float towards it destination, it suddenly came to a complete stop. It seemed like it finally sensed what was happening to the Door, and it was not pleased. Not one bit. And it was about to do something about this little problem. Above it's spike-ringed head formed a cloud. A dark one.

With the cloud above it's head, the creature continued it's journey. And by now the city was in sight.

"Kill all magic users. Kill em all."

Elsewhere

As the Fantasy Breakers were slowly destroying the massive Door, something odd occurred. Above each of their heads formed a small cloud. A cloud that seemed to follow them wherever they went. And just has they appeared, rain began to pour from them. Acidic rain.

Just about as the clouds were about to rain at the dragons, something much odder occurred. As the rain began pouring towards them, they seemingly disappeared, becoming invisible once more-- and the rain passing right through where they once were! Almost as if they had suddenly disappeared...It was nigh-impossible to detect them, it was almost as if they were hiding away in somewhere the doors weren't aware of, or couldn't reach it.

It was odd. They couldn't sense it. It was almost as if the thing suddenly stopped existing. Regardless of the fact they were dragons if the acidic rain would have done anything or not given their mass and scales, it was a bizarre event, to say the least. Before the doors or whatever controlling it could try and come with a plan to detect and affect the dragons, suddenly, something held it in place. Something that was against everything Hole stood and existed for.

D2RP00PXcAEU1kf.jpg

Magic runes and inscriptions flashed across the momentary visibility the combined strengths of all 8 of the Fantasy Killers held against the doors and slowly crushed it, almost like a hand-- a serpent around its prey. Hole could see flashes of this being in its mind. The ever-changing inscriptions, runes, and even art depicting multiple magic-related things in the depths of his mind, almost like a hand momentarily grasping his neck, giving a choking sensation of sorts- before a second later-- everything was back to normal, but the memory was engraved deep into his mind.

And back with the doors, they all kept being held, slowly being crushed over time.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Churl Churl

Hole was terribly confused, or at least, the closest thing to confused as something like Hole could be. What little mind he had was already being essentially being scrambled by the intervention of a certain goddess, and now it was having to deal with even more things invading it's head as the Door was being crushed. Things like strange mental images and the feeling of something grasping it's neck.

Hole was currently overwhelmed by all this, and continued to float in a circle. But that didn't mean the world was safe. All around Ocaeril, the dead began to rise. Contaminated by the vile rain that was pouring down earlier, the dead clawed their way out of the earth and began to shamble around in search of living brains to devour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back