• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Pantheon: Live and Reloaded (IC Thread) (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Well depends on who you’re crusading against. Most nations are favorites of their gods so they would just attack back. You may see yourself in a sea of enemies for doing that. You must have your followers gain allies to be supported.
"Im willing to make enemies if that means that this world shall finally be freed, even if the other gods killed me I would atleast have started something on earth that would hopefully endure"

Ocaeril, Conversational

( BlackCat-055 BlackCat-055 )
Be it on Camelot, be it on the random lands of Ocaeril, or wherever else Inqui Rey was currently walking, either with Tanya or by herself-- she could suddenly feel a breeze. The wind made her hair fly around, as behind her, what appeared to be a circling gust of wind circled around her, almost looking like a tornado. It blew, it blew, it blew-- before it slowed down, and, in place of the strong wind that was there before, what appeared to be a human boy wearing a red cap, red shorts, and missing a leg appeared in front of her, holding up a smoke pipe, and a small piece of paper.

"Ae, special message to...Inqui? Yinqui Rey? That's you, aye? I came in regards to pops-- ya hubbie, how ye call pops, ayo." The boy said, seemingly not minding missing a leg. "Nice to meetcha, I'm one of the new fae spirits that were born in the world. Or, by the world, kye-hehe!" The boy laughed, taking a long drag of his pipe, smoke coming from his nose and mouth. "Don'tcha worry 'bout my name though-- I came hailin' a message from yer fiancee."

The one-legged boy took a look at the piece of paper, before nodding and looking back at Inqui.

"Okay, so, not sure if ye know-- but ya ever heard of the Jade? Big moon placed continent the East from here. Apparently, from what I see, a lotta people went mad since the last emperor died off for bein' an ass, and now that the Emperor is a decent dude who wants peace between the cat-gals and the ninja city and just stops with the whole concept of heresy and all of that-- people wanna overthrow 'im. Kinda ironic if you ask me though, given they joined the centaur lads who were too their enemies-- at least some of them who decided to leave."

Another drag of smoke, before the boy smiled again. "Anyways! Pops is tryna make the people less of asses, given with how much shit they went through thanks to Zeruel and other people they went pretty mean. I don't get a lot of contexts, but man, they're asses, I tell ya! Pops is asking ya if you can get the trust of the people and make them better, or at least more stable in some way, so they don't go overthrowin' one another and move on from their emo phase. Pops said he'll use the new generation to evolve morals, something about as new people are born new morals are born or something, though he said if ya can do that as well it'd be great."

He went to smoke again, but soon, he found himself lacking in tobacco. He rolled his eyes. "ALSO. He's sorry for not seein' ya directly. He's been hella shy as of late. Though I don't blame him, lotsa shit happenin', eh? He'll be owin' ya and yer town for it-- oh, and! Here ya go, missy!" Pulling out a small object from his pocket, he threw it at Inqui. It was a ring-- a small ring with a Jade on it. It was pretty, and a messaged was engraved on it. 'EVEN IF I DIE...' Was this...? "'s yo weddin' ring he made for ya. He really cares for ya, eh? Make sure to keep doin' the same. Anyways, I gotta swim, missy! Gotta recharge my pipe."

With that, the man disappeared in a gust of wind, leaving Inqui alone.

As Ickol appeared to be eating, she would notice a baneful presence skulking up on her. Through he couldn't see that she had noticed him, given her illusions, she could most definitely take in his change of attire. More specifically, he uncannily resembled a very, very familiar bard in regards to his dress, The moment that Ickol visibly took notice of his terrifying visage, or if she tried to ignore him for more than five seconds, he would speak in that man's voice, much to her horror.

"Hello Lover!"

He raised an umbrella, now taking the place of his cane, in preparation for a burst of flowers.​
Ickol Conversational

No. No. Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono!

What would be worse, that one of these fools, let alone this rat, had learned of one of her trysts, or that he- that he might actually have-

Ickol decided she didn’t want to know either way. And didn’t want him to, either.

Hm? What...are...you...talking...about?

She had [Severed] the memory, and while the god could still remember dressing up to antagonize Ickol, thememory behind it grew foggy as she pushed the lie of her vacant expression and implicit denial upon reality.

Sorry, I’m...not...currently...on...the...market. Appreciate...the...gesture, though! Maybe...you’ll...have...more...luck...with...another...goddess. Or...maybe...that...Judge, if...you’d...be...interested. He...seems...fun, right? Anyways, I...best...be...off. Places...to...cheat, people...to...steal, that...sort...of...thing. Toodles!

She seems to shatter like a mirror, before the shards rain down. Ickol has travelled to the dream lands.

Ickol Conversational

No. No. Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono!

What would be worse, that one of these fools, let alone this rat, had learned of one of her trysts, or that he- that he might actually have-

Ickol decided she didn’t want to know either way. And didn’t want him to, either.

Hm? What...are...you...talking...about?

She had [Severed] the memory, and while the god could still remember dressing up to antagonize Ickol, thememory behind it grew foggy as she pushed the lie of her vacant expression and implicit denial upon reality.

Sorry, I’m...not...currently...on...the...market. Appreciate...the...gesture, though! Maybe...you’ll...have...more...luck...with...another...goddess. Or...maybe...that...Judge, if...you’d...be...interested. He...seems...fun, right? Anyways, I...best...be...off. Places...to...cheat, people...to...steal, that...sort...of...thing. Toodles!

She seems to shatter like a mirror, before the shards rain down. Ickol has travelled to the dream lands.

Original giggles, and just in case unzipped his backup memories should she have tried something. As he recovered a copy, the memory returned in all its glorious humor, and Original was suddenly reduced to a raving lunatic as he fell to the ground, his psychotic kefka laugh filling the hall as he was consumed by the glorious art of that particular jape. He wiped a black tear from his eye as he recomposed himself, brought a cigar to his mouth, letting out a puff before putting on a trenchcoat seemingly produced from nothing, alongside a fedora tagged with a tag saying "Nice Guy". He would then strut over to the portal, jumping in.​

Ickol Action 1

Shuddering to herself, Ickol pulled out the marble containing the copy of that odd creature’s mind. It would take a while (months, years?) to examine it safely given destroying comes more natural to her by nature than working to protect something, so she likely would only get a few glimpses of memories before safely securing the marble again, but hopefully they would be insightful ones and allow her to understand more of this creature, or why she was involved against Ocaeril and company.

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Action 1

Shuddering to herself, Ickol pulled out the marble containing the copy of that odd creature’s mind. It would take a while (months, years?) to examine it safely given destroying comes more natural to her by nature than working to protect something, so she likely would only get a few glimpses of memories before safely securing the marble again, but hopefully they would be insightful ones and allow her to understand more of this creature, or why she was involved against Ocaeril and company.

Ickol would view countless images of the same battle fought in the western sea, with the sea-witch hurling widely diverse insults at Ocaeril, Inqui and Tiamat before eventually getting the shit completely beat out of herself, her throat cut and one eye gouged out before being sealed in this state. There was little variation in the battles aside from occasional divergences in her insults used and attacks, but the outcome always remained the same. Clearly, the intent of the seal placed on her was that of torture, but anything aside from that escapes Ickol.​

Helsa Action #2

Helsa had returned to her island, and was currently lounging around in the castle Sang had her cultists build. Decorated with grand portraits of her and tasteful emerald decorations, she found the place quite sufficient for her needs for now. But now...now she needed to do something big. After her encounter with Ocaeril, she needed something that she understood. And there was nothing she understood more than corruption.

She sighed. Corruption... And therein lies the problem. Her typical methods of corruption were getting boring to her. She just wasn't satisfied with them anymore. She needed something new...something powerful.

Something that could affect every mortal on this world at once.

What do mortals have in common that I can corrupt? Well...they all have desires, but I've always used that. They're always willing to sacrifice everything to make themselves feel better.

...feel.
Helsa's eyes widened. Every mortal FEELS things! Hatred, envy, rage! I've been focusing so much on greed and pride that I ignored my ability to corrupt other emotions! If I can draw on the emotions and internal thoughts of every mortal and twist them to my purposes, I could unleash even bigger plans!

With that, her path was set. Helsa closed her eyes and reached out into the world, her power having a single instruction.

Find me a way to control the power of the subconscious. And her power obeyed. It tore through the world, reaching into anything that could help for what Helsa sought. Eventually, however, she found it. A gateway to the Dreamlands.

Helsa smiled. And her eyes burst with emerald light.

Her power, through the Dreamlands, created something nightmarish and dark. Things that would rise from the darkness in human minds. In a way, they were similar to Servants, but different. While Servants were incarnations of legendary heroes, these things appeared as beasts from mythology. Not only that, but because of Helsa's presence, they were made from distorted and twisted ideals and beliefs.

Blind obedience. We must obey all authority!

Denial. A peaceful lie is better than a painful truth!

Grief. Everything...everything is pointless without them!

Self-hatred. No one would miss me...

Self-doubt. This...this is who I am, right?

All this negativity, split across thousands of nightmarish monsters. Creatures of black sludge began to rise from the ground in the Dreamlands (occasionally surprising some nearby demons), their dark forms momentarily manifesting a strange mask before they burst into replicas of mythological figures.

And then...a dark fog descended upon the Dreamlands, a eternal sign of what Helsa had done to it. Demons, beings similar to what she had created, could see through it, but...it was clear that the Dreamlands had become even more otherworldly than before.

The Shadows had risen.

--

Sang lied back in his bed. Once, his body was strong, blessed with the power of corruption, giving him great abilities and powers of darkness. But even Helsa's blessing could not stave off age. He had once considered becoming a lich, but...he was too weak now. Much too weak.

Why...why must I die?! I am the Champion of Corruption itself! And yet, age has taken my body from me. The thing that was supposed to be eternal, perfect to serve the darkness and corruption! This cannot happen! I must LIVE!!!

Hello, Sang.

Sang's eyes slowly opened. Standing before him was his Goddess. The being that blessed him with such power in the first place.

Do you wish to live?

The Champion of Corruption slowly blinked...before a smile spread across his face. "Yes..." He rasped, barely surpressing a cough.

Good. Sleep, my champion. When you awake, your body will be powerful again.

Sang slowly closed his eyes, even as the tendrils of his goddess wrapped across his body.

-

Later that day, the cultists would find that Sang had vanished. The only sign of his disappearance was the sigil of Helsa burned into his bed. They agreed that their Goddess had done something to him, and would certain that their Sanguine Champion would return one day.

And deep in the Dreamlands, the Traitor of the Empire awoke, clouds of shadow crackling across his newly titanic body. His face hidden behind a mask, bearing an IV burned into it's forehead.

Awaken, Sang. Awaken, Lord of Shadows. Awaken, the First Murderer. Rise up, and TAKE your throne in these Dreamlands.

The hulking figure looked at his hands, clearly powerful and strong. He reached to his back and found his hand grabbing a large stone club, lifted like it was weightless.

And under his mask, Sang smirked.

While time did not truly exist in the Dreamlands, it would not be inaccurate to say it took a day for rumors of the Shadows and their Lord to spread across these mental realm. Demons spoke their names in confusion; the creatures seemed similar to them, but something seemed...off. In the end, only time would tell what these beings would do.

In the end, only the Shadows knew their goals.

Ocaeril, Conversational

( BlackCat-055 BlackCat-055 )
Be it on Camelot, be it on the random lands of Ocaeril, or wherever else Inqui Rey was currently walking, either with Tanya or by herself-- she could suddenly feel a breeze. The wind made her hair fly around, as behind her, what appeared to be a circling gust of wind circled around her, almost looking like a tornado. It blew, it blew, it blew-- before it slowed down, and, in place of the strong wind that was there before, what appeared to be a human boy wearing a red cap, red shorts, and missing a leg appeared in front of her, holding up a smoke pipe, and a small piece of paper.

"Ae, special message to...Inqui? Yinqui Rey? That's you, aye? I came in regards to pops-- ya hubbie, how ye call pops, ayo." The boy said, seemingly not minding missing a leg. "Nice to meetcha, I'm one of the new fae spirits that were born in the world. Or, by the world, kye-hehe!" The boy laughed, taking a long drag of his pipe, smoke coming from his nose and mouth. "Don'tcha worry 'bout my name though-- I came hailin' a message from yer fiancee."

The one-legged boy took a look at the piece of paper, before nodding and looking back at Inqui.

"Okay, so, not sure if ye know-- but ya ever heard of the Jade? Big moon placed continent the East from here. Apparently, from what I see, a lotta people went mad since the last emperor died off for bein' an ass, and now that the Emperor is a decent dude who wants peace between the cat-gals and the ninja city and just stops with the whole concept of heresy and all of that-- people wanna overthrow 'im. Kinda ironic if you ask me though, given they joined the centaur lads who were too their enemies-- at least some of them who decided to leave."

Another drag of smoke, before the boy smiled again. "Anyways! Pops is tryna make the people less of asses, given with how much shit they went through thanks to Zeruel and other people they went pretty mean. I don't get a lot of contexts, but man, they're asses, I tell ya! Pops is asking ya if you can get the trust of the people and make them better, or at least more stable in some way, so they don't go overthrowin' one another and move on from their emo phase. Pops said he'll use the new generation to evolve morals, something about as new people are born new morals are born or something, though he said if ya can do that as well it'd be great."

He went to smoke again, but soon, he found himself lacking in tobacco. He rolled his eyes. "ALSO. He's sorry for not seein' ya directly. He's been hella shy as of late. Though I don't blame him, lotsa shit happenin', eh? He'll be owin' ya and yer town for it-- oh, and! Here ya go, missy!" Pulling out a small object from his pocket, he threw it at Inqui. It was a ring-- a small ring with a Jade on it. It was pretty, and a messaged was engraved on it. 'EVEN IF I DIE...' Was this...? "'s yo weddin' ring he made for ya. He really cares for ya, eh? Make sure to keep doin' the same. Anyways, I gotta swim, missy! Gotta recharge my pipe."

With that, the man disappeared in a gust of wind, leaving Inqui alone.
Inqui tentaviely held the ring on her hand, she held it carefully as if it could've broke at any moment, the sight of it and the words kept echoing in her head.

She looked up as she grasped the ring in her hand ever so tightly.

"Ocaeril...." her word were cut off, but the lingering intent was there, confusion mixed with concern, she continued to look up high as Tanya had a pensive look, staying quiet in respect.

"So...what now?" spoke out Tanya after a while.

Silent at first, Inqui eventually spoke "what now? Well... what now.... is that I'm gonna.... bring.... some emperors to have.... a little talk with the citizens of the Jade, but... I don't know if you can.... join though, and...I don't think you can really go back to.... Camelot"

Tanya chuckled mirthfully "I know that as much, that damn bird is probably searching around for me as we speak, so I'm gonna lay low for a while, probably find whatever the hell Merlin is"

Inqui nodded and smiled at her old friend "you go... do that then, good luck, and.... call me when you need it"

Tanya smirked "I know when I really need it, anyway, good luck Inqui" Tanya then took out an amulet as her armor shifted from the regal armor of the Camelotian Lady to a simple traveling adventurer, with only a steel plate and greaves being the metal armoring on her, with the rest being hide and leather, a cloak was on top of it all.

Tanya then disappeared to who knows what.

Inqui sighed as she then too disappeared, to go do what Ocaeril asked for.

( Space Buddha Space Buddha )
Inside the Jade Palace, where the emperor was in, sitting on his(her?) throne, they stewed in their thoughts when a voice called out, an old one filled with wisdom, they fluttered around like wisps of flames.

"The people call out in anger"

"They say you lost the Mandate"

"Off with your head, and begone from the throne"

"Well I don't think that's very nice isn't it?"

Then right beside them was a young androgynous man in regal armor, one befitting an emperor, his robes waved like the blue rivers and he had a sword that seemed broken as there was no blade at all, yet they could feel the power in it, he looked at them with a smile.

"Well? Wanna let ol' Yu help with your problems?"

Then they realized, this person, it was if he was the first emperor of the Jade Empire, one who was prophesied to be a demigod who could move the rivers around him, the first hero of the Jade Empire, The First Emperor Yu.

(OOC: Not actually dude, just Inqui crossdressing as a reverse trap)

GM UPDATE:

Inqui tentaviely held the ring on her hand, she held it carefully as if it could've broke at any moment, the sight of it and the words kept echoing in her head.

She looked up as she grasped the ring in her hand ever so tightly.

"Ocaeril...." her word were cut off, but the lingering intent was there, confusion mixed with concern, she continued to look up high as Tanya had a pensive look, staying quiet in respect.

"So...what now?" spoke out Tanya after a while.

Silent at first, Inqui eventually spoke "what now? Well... what now.... is that I'm gonna.... bring.... some emperors to have.... a little talk with the citizens of the Jade, but... I don't know if you can.... join though, and...I don't think you can really go back to.... Camelot"

Tanya chuckled mirthfully "I know that as much, that damn bird is probably searching around for me as we speak, so I'm gonna lay low for a while, probably find whatever the hell Merlin is"

Inqui nodded and smiled at her old friend "you go... do that then, good luck, and.... call me when you need it"

Tanya smirked "I know when I really need it, anyway, good luck Inqui" Tanya then took out an amulet as her armor shifted from the regal armor of the Camelotian Lady to a simple traveling adventurer, with only a steel plate and greaves being the metal armoring on her, with the rest being hide and leather, a cloak was on top of it all.

Tanya then disappeared to who knows what.

Inqui sighed as she then too disappeared, to go do what Ocaeril asked for.

( Space Buddha Space Buddha )
Inside the Jade Palace, where the emperor was in, sitting on his(her?) throne, they stewed in their thoughts when a voice called out, an old one filled with wisdom, they fluttered around like wisps of flames.

"The people call out in anger"

"They say you lost the Mandate"

"Off with your head, and begone from the throne"

"Well I don't think that's very nice isn't it?"

Then right beside them was a young androgynous man in regal armor, one befitting an emperor, his robes waved like the blue rivers and he had a sword that seemed broken as there was no blade at all, yet they could feel the power in it, he looked at them with a smile.

"Well? Wanna let ol' Yu help with your problems?"

Then they realized, this person, it was if he was the first emperor of the Jade Empire, one who was prophesied to be a demigod who could move the rivers around him, the first hero of the Jade Empire, The First Emperor Yu.

(OOC: Not actually dude, just Inqui crossdressing as a reverse trap)

The rebel army currently in the process of storming the forbidden city briefly halted in this endeavor as the figure of Lord Yu appeared, though, one of the rebel leaders scoffed at its sudden arrival.

"What is this, some kind of illusion?"

The emperor stared at the radiant figure, completely dumbfounded at its appearance. His advisor was likewise unsure of its origin, and when the little magic hallucination doesn't know something, that tends to be a bad sign.

"I-I..."

"Go on! Chop their heads off!"

The rebels moved forward, ignorant of the true gravity of the situation.​

GM UPDATE:

The rebel army currently in the process of storming the forbidden city briefly halted in this endeavor as the figure of Lord Yu appeared, though, one of the rebel leaders scoffed at its sudden arrival.

The emperor stared at the radiant figure, completely dumbfounded at its appearance. His advisor was likewise unsure of its origin, and when the little magic hallucination doesn't know something, that tends to be a bad sign.

"I-I..."

AIWASS, CONVERSATIONAL

A presence in which everyone in the room was unaware of, with the sole exception of the Emperor, watched this go down with interest.

Another androgynous golden and flying figure stood somewhere behind the Emperor, sitting on the top of his throne, almost like it was a little chair, as the Emperor stood on the throne itself. A little curious smile was on their face, as a single hand was holding its chin.

"How curious." The angel said, looking down at the Emperor, the only one in the room who could see them. "You truly are blessed, my king. I recommend speaking after your first Emperor does their thing. Show you have jaws as well. Do not attack, though. Simply show them your fire after all of this is over-- otherwise, they will simply only listen to your ancestor. Ah, apologies. A bad time to give advice? I suppose I'll simply watch this, then~ Do what you wish at this moment, my king."

GM UPDATE:

"I-I..."

Yu raised an eyebrow at the rebels and smirked.

"Bēitòng, some people really gotta learn their manners ya know?"

He swept his feet and flicked his wrist which was connected to the hand that held his Dao handle, a blade made out of a thin sheet of water sprouted, he then struck it against the ground which made a giant tidal wave that swept all of the rebel army off the forbidden city, the waves seemed sentient as they ensured no one was hurt but everyone that was a rebel was swept off the city.

Yu chuckled as he placed his sword onto the ground like a stand and crouched on top of it.

He turned his back at the Emperor.

"So, do I have to wash ya doubt off too?"

GM UPDATE:

Yu raised an eyebrow at the rebels and smirked.

"Bēitòng, some people really gotta learn their manners ya know?"

He swept his feet and flicked his wrist which was connected to the hand that held his Dao handle, a blade made out of a thin sheet of water sprouted, he then struck it against the ground which made a giant tidal wave that swept all of the rebel army off the forbidden city, the waves seemed sentient as they ensured no one was hurt but everyone that was a rebel was swept off the city.

Yu chuckled as he placed his sword onto the ground like a stand and crouched on top of it.

He turned his back at the Emperor.

"So, do I have to wash ya doubt off too?"

While the waves were careful not to harm people, the issue of infrastructure was a bit more iffy. With a large portion of the palace and the surrounding city flooded, the emperor stood in shock, though, to be fair, the flooding did put out the fires, which made it a somewhat welcome disaster. The rebels who were not drowned as the city was destroyed were later captured by the Imperial soldiers. The emperor sat perched on his throne, which was now floating in the knee-high water.

"Uhm... No! Your majesty!"

He would then remember Aiwass's suggestion, and attempt to compose himself despite his compromising position.

"However! I am offended that you would show such disrespect to the very palace you built by turning it into this swamp! I insist you recede the water and repair these damages!"

Baldur: Action 1

Using his super batty powers, Baldur creates a tower somewhere within the Empire. It's tall, looks really spooky, and is filled to the brim with terrible monstrosities and tricky traps/puzzles. And located at the top of Baldur's tower is a powerful arcane artifact capable of granting wishes. Just don't expect any good results from said wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zyr’abaoth Conversational
/LET OUR POWER SETTLE OUR DISPUTE/
/THE WINNER SHALL SLAY THE LOSER/
/I AWAIT YOUR SPHERE/

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Zyr’abaoth Conversational
/LET OUR POWER SETTLE OUR DISPUTE/
/THE WINNER SHALL SLAY THE LOSER/
/I AWAIT YOUR SPHERE/

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

As Zyr announced his challenge, for a moment, everything seemed quiet. There was no reply coming from the message he had sent to Ocaeril, nor nothing noteworthy had happened. For a moment, the dragon perhaps couldn't help but wonder if Ocaeril was hiding, or if he truly heard his message.

Soon, however, he would find it not to be the case.

Far, far away, at the edge of the afterlife, someone walked slowly towards the arena of black glass Zyr had formed. His familiar white skin and black horns, and the single slit in his forehead showed his identity to the Void God. Ocaeril stood there, wearing nothing but a long cloak to protect himself from the sands of the afterlife. His eyes seemed a bit hollow, yet at the same time, determined.

His cloak soon morphed itself as he stood a few meters away from Zyr, changing itself to the armor Tiamat had given him, combined with his Chakra Mode-- the same combined armor he used to take on Meryl.

9 Truth Seeker Orbs appeared behind his back, one of them morphing as well and forming a staff on his hand. The Dragon Slayer stood still on his ear, acting as an earring in its smaller state.

"Zyr..." Ocaeril asked, not yet attacking. His expression was unreadable behind his mask. "...It truly has to be this way, doesn't it? I'm okay with that...I know that whatever I say, I won't be able to change your mind." He spoke solemnly, almost...Truly sad. "...As such...I'll ask you a simple thing. If I am the one to die here...Please, don't make my children cry...Or Inqui. Or...Anyone, for that matter. Simply live yourself...As yourself."

Ocaeril pointed his staff at Zyr, taking an offensive position.

"...I am...Ocaeril. Father of many, and protector of more. I am the one who is this planet...Let this battle be fair...And let destiny decide our fate here, Zyr'abaoth."

As Zyr announced his challenge, for a moment, everything seemed quiet. There was no reply coming from the message he had sent to Ocaeril, nor nothing noteworthy had happened. For a moment, the dragon perhaps couldn't help but wonder if Ocaeril was hiding, or if he truly heard his message.

Soon, however, he would find it not to be the case.

Far, far away, at the edge of the afterlife, someone walked slowly towards the arena of black glass Zyr had formed. His familiar white skin and black horns, and the single slit in his forehead showed his identity to the Void God. Ocaeril stood there, wearing nothing but a long cloak to protect himself from the sands of the afterlife. His eyes seemed a bit hollow, yet at the same time, determined.

His cloak soon morphed itself as he stood a few meters away from Zyr, changing itself to the armor Tiamat had given him, combined with his Chakra Mode-- the same combined armor he used to take on Meryl.

9 Truth Seeker Orbs appeared behind his back, one of them morphing as well and forming a staff on his hand. The Dragon Slayer stood still on his ear, acting as an earring in its smaller state.

"Zyr..." Ocaeril asked, not yet attacking. His expression was unreadable behind his mask. "...It truly has to be this way, doesn't it? I'm okay with that...I know that whatever I say, I won't be able to change your mind." He spoke solemnly, almost...Truly sad. "...As such...I'll ask you a simple thing. If I am the one to die here...Please, don't make my children cry...Or Inqui. Or...Anyone, for that matter. Simply live yourself...As yourself."

Ocaeril pointed his staff at Zyr, taking an offensive position.

"...I am...Ocaeril. Father of many, and protector of more. I am the one who is this planet...Let this battle be fair...And let destiny decide our fate here, Zyr'abaoth."

Zyr’abaoth grinned, and took dragon form.77B9763E-0279-4CF4-856B-FB26C27B6657.jpeg
/I HAVE HAD MANY NAMES/
/I WAS ONCE MIGHTY/
/I WAS ONCE WEAK/
/I HAVE FACED MONSTERS/
/AND HEROS/
/AT LEAST.../
/OEN’ABADROTH DID/
/I WILL FACE YOU FAIRLY/
/OCAERIL/
/BUT I SHALL NOT HOLD BACK/
/I AM SORRY IT HAS TO END LIKE THIS/

Last edited:
Zyr’abaoth grinned, and took dragon form.View attachment 708132
/I HAVE HAD MANY NAMES/
/I WAS ONCE MIGHTY/
/I WAS ONCE WEAK/
/I HAVE FACED MONSTERS/
/AND HEROS/
/AT LEAST.../
/OEN’ABADROTH DID/
/I WILL FACE YOU FAIRLY/
/OCAERIL/
/BUT I SHALL NOT HOLD BACK/
/I AM SORRY IT HAS TO END LIKE THIS/

Ocaeril didn't even flinch as Zyr transformed into his true dragon form. It looks like we're doing this the hard way, huh... The planet thought to himself, as he watched as Zyr morphed. Maybe a few hundred years ago, he would have already lost this battle, but...He's grown stronger. His Sphere allowed him to reach a level that allows him to face gods like Zyr. Maybe one day, he'll finally stop growing, but he feels like that when this day arrives, thousands of years will have passed already.

"Oen..."
That name...It seemed to resonate within the Dragon Slayer. He's heard of it before, but...

He gritted his teeth. No matter-- he'll find out who she is if Zyr is the one who dies here today. But he won't be calling any punches from his side. Not in this battle. Chakra flowed through Ocaeril's body, as his third eye, the Rinne-Sharingan, opened itself. Chakra flowed through his body, as he closed with his eyes, and inhaled...

...Before he rushed at Zyr at speeds that should not be possible for a mortal.

This isn't the common realm...So I won't need to hold back either, will I?!

Zyr would perhaps think Ocaeril would do a direct attack at his face, but he would soon be wrong, as suddenly, Ocaeril was gone from his spot, replaced by a poof of smoke and a clone. Soon, the god appeared behind Zyr, the clone still on the front. There was a decent chance Zyr wouldn't know who the true Ocaeril was, which was what the planet god wished for. The Truth Seeker staff was filled with the blessed water of Tiamat's armor, filled with Chakra and fire release on it, as both clones made the staff elongate itself, and would hit Zyr from the back and front, with the hope of send his flying!

"Let's do this...Zyr!"

ROLL: NATURAL 20

Last edited:
Ocaeril didn't even flinch as Zyr transformed into his true dragon form. It looks like we're doing this the hard way, huh... The planet thought to himself, as he watched as Zyr morphed. Maybe a few hundred years ago, he would have already lost this battle, but...He's grown stronger. His Sphere allowed him to reach a level that allows him to face gods like Zyr. Maybe one day, he'll finally stop growing, but he feels like that when this day arrives, thousands of years will have passed already.

"Oen..."
That name...It seemed to resonate within the Dragon Slayer. He's heard of it before, but...

He gritted his teeth. No matter-- he'll find out who she is if Zyr is the one who dies here today. But he won't be calling any punches from his side. Not in this battle. Chakra flowed through Ocaeril's body, as his third eye, the Rinne-Sharingan, opened itself. Chakra flowed through his body, as he closed with his eyes, and inhaled...

...Before he rushed at Zyr at speeds that should not be possible for a mortal.

This isn't the common realm...So I won't need to hold back either, will I?!

Zyr would perhaps think Ocaeril would do a direct attack at his face, but he would soon be wrong, as suddenly, Ocaeril was gone from his spot, replaced by a poof of smoke and a clone. Soon, the god appeared behind Zyr, the clone still on the front. There was a decent chance Zyr wouldn't know who the true Ocaeril was, which was what the planet god wished for. The Truth Seeker staff was filled with the blessed water of Tiamat's armor, filled with Chakra and fire release on it, as both clones made the staff elongate itself, and would hit Zyr from the back and front, with the hope of send his flying!

"Let's do this...Zyr!"​
/I SHALL FEAST ON YOUR VERY SOUL/
/OCAERIL!/

Zyr’abaoth attempted to teleport a few hundred feet into the sky, to dodge the attack.

roll: 15

Last edited by a moderator:
GM UPDATE:

Ickol would view countless images of the same battle fought in the western sea, with the sea-witch hurling widely diverse insults at Ocaeril, Inqui and Tiamat before eventually getting the shit completely beat out of herself, her throat cut and one eye gouged out before being sealed in this state. There was little variation in the battles aside from occasional divergences in her insults used and attacks, but the outcome always remained the same. Clearly, the intent of the seal placed on her was that of torture, but anything aside from that escapes Ickol.​

The goddess sighed. Well, she supposed there was always plan B.

Scoping the dreamlands, she found one of the Dream Walkers she was looking for: a slime. In her dream, she was a fully formed humanoid woman, not dissimilar to Inqui pre-Light sphere. One of the many explorers Ickol had allowed to realize the plane of dreams and traverse its wonders with her blessing, the slime had greatly enjoyed it as the experience gradually gave her an intelligence and sentience she hadn’t been capable of comprehending several years ago. Learning the goddess of her people wore a form like hers, and was also the goddess of heroes, she delighted in hearing Ickol’s exploits of Inqui, even if half of the time she was clearly making things up.

How...are...you, chosen?

“Lady Ickol! Oh, it’s been wonderful. I always enjoy it here when I sleep. To be able to move around like this, with legs... to travel miles while I hide in the waking world, this place is paradise.”

Hm. A...thought...occurs. Would...you...like...to...remain...in...this...form? You...wouldn’t...be...able...to...return...to...your...waking...one, but...you...could...be...like...this...the...rest...of...your...days...if...you...so...desire.

Her eyes light up, but naive as she is, she knows to be cautious around the Queen of Lies.

“And what would you want in exchange?”

When...I...ask, I...would...desire...to...claim...that...form...for...my...own...purposes. Without...your...presence...within, you...understand.

Chewing it over, it still took less than two minutes for the slime woman to agree. Smiling, Ickol made a slicing motion with her finger.

It’s...done. That...body...is...not...connected...to...its...mortal...counterpart. In...the...waking...world, you...are...brain dead. The...rest...to...shortly...follow...when...your...body...starves.

“Well, I won’t feel it. Good riddance! I much like my body this way anyhow. Well, I’ll be off, Lady Ickol!”

Just...a...moment...dear.

As the slime looked with apprehensive confusion, Ickol smiled.

I...claim...it. Now.

“What?! B-But you can’t! I haven’t even-“

Did the deal say anything about a time limit? You have been in control for three seconds before I claimed you. That should be enough.

“Your voice-! But, wait! Listen, I-“

Do you have any argument against the deal made? A valid one that shows I am betraying the explicit terms?

The slime floundered for anything, panic leaving her eyes and replaced by a knowing dread.

Do you know what the best kind of lie is? The one made only out of truth.

Ickol raised her hand at the slime, and the creature felt something - no. She felt a nothing. An all encompassing nothing rotting away at her mind. Pushing it aside until it collapsed under its own weight.

Antithesis. The opposite of something. I suppose the opposite of a mind would be a lack of one. Oh no. Did you think I only cater to illusions or lies? They’re always surprised when they see a new trick from me, aren’t they. Like I’m some predictableshe spat at the word. “Little wretch. Well, hate to tell you darling, but a knife can cut as easily as it can stab. Consider that your last lesson.

She watched as the light behind the slime’s eyes faded, vacant of any thought or personality. The body had stopped convulsing, no brain waves sending signals of pain or defiance any longer. A vacant body, no connection to the material world to wake up in. It’s perfect.

She twirls a hand, and an illusionary cage is formed around the body. Chains encircle the body’s throat and hands, tying it down. Despite the slightly gelatinous form, the chains and collar feel weighted. They can not simply be slipped off or moved. It appears made of flimsy string, yet feels heavy and unbreakable. Ickol tossed the marble into the slime’s body and snaps. The marble cracks, and an essence takes ahold of the body. If the opposite of something is nothing, so true is the opposite. This new mind tears away the vacant space. It is a painful, disorienting process but Meryl finds herself in a much weaker, mortal body. She can’t feel her other self, or her companion, or her reservoir of power. Just a shadow of her mind relegated to a weak shell. Across from her, the antlered woman crouches and meets her eyes.

Well...now. It...seems...you...were...killed. I...took...it...upon...myself...to...resurrect...you...the...best...I...can...for...some...questions. The...first...of...which is: why...is...it...you...were...killed...in...the...first...place?

Last edited:
MERYL:

The goddess sighed. Well, she supposed there was always plan B.

Scoping the dreamlands, she found one of the Dream Walkers she was looking for: a slime. In her dream, she was a fully formed humanoid woman, not dissimilar to Inqui pre-Light sphere. One of the many explorers Ickol had allowed to realize the plane of dreams and traverse its wonders with her blessing, the slime had greatly enjoyed it as the experience gradually gave her an intelligence and sentience she hadn’t been capable of comprehending several years ago. Learning the goddess of her people wore a form like hers, and was also the goddess of heroes, she delighted in hearing Ickol’s exploits of Inqui, even if half of the time she was clearly making things up.

How...are...you, chosen?

“Lady Ickol! Oh, it’s been wonderful. I always enjoy it here when I sleep. To be able to move around like this, with legs... to travel miles while I hide in the waking world, this place is paradise.”

Hm. A...thought...occurs. Would...you...like...to...remain...in...this...form? You...wouldn’t...be...able...to...return...to...your...waking...one, but...you...could...be...like...this...the...rest...of...your...days...if...you...so...desire.

Her eyes light up, but naive as she is, she knows to be cautious around the Queen of Lies.

“And what would you want in exchange?”

When...I...ask, I...would...desire...to...claim...that...form...for...my...own...purposes. Without...your...presence...within, you...understand.

Chewing it over, it still took less than two minutes for the slime woman to agree. Smiling, Ickol made a slicing motion with her finger.

It’s...done. That...body...is...not...connected...to...its...mortal...counterpart. In...the...waking...world, you...are...brain dead. The...rest...to...shortly...follow...when...your...body...starves.

“Well, I won’t feel it. Good riddance! I much like my body this way anyhow. Well, I’ll be off, Lady Ickol!”

Just...a...moment...dear.

As the slime looked with apprehensive confusion, Ickol smiled.

I...claim...it. Now.

“What?! B-But you can’t! I haven’t even-“

Did the deal say anything about a time limit? You have been in control for three seconds before I claimed you. That should be enough.

“Your voice-! But, wait! Listen, I-“

Do you have any argument against the deal made? A valid one that shows I am betraying the explicit terms?

The slime floundered for anything, panic leaving her eyes and replaced by a knowing dread.

Do you know what the best kind of lie is? The one made only out of truth.

Ickol raised her hand at the slime, and the creature felt something - no. She felt a nothing. An all encompassing nothing rotting away at her mind. Pushing it aside until it collapsed under its own weight.

Antithesis. The opposite of something. I suppose the opposite of a mind would be a lack of one. Oh no. Did you think I only cater to illusions or lies? They’re always surprised when they see a new trick from me, aren’t they. Like I’m some predictableshe spat at the word. “Little wretch. Well, hate to tell you darling, but a knife can cut as easily as it can stab. Consider that your last lesson.

She watched as the light behind the slime’s eyes faded, vacant of any thought or personality. The body had stopped convulsing, no brain waves sending signals of pain or defiance any longer. A vacant body, no connection to the material world to wake up in. It’s perfect.

She twirls a hand, and an illusionary cage is formed around the body. Chains encircle the body’s throat and hands, tying it down. Despite the slightly gelatinous form, the chains and collar feel weighted. They can not simply be slipped off or moved. It appears made of flimsy string, yet feels heavy and unbreakable. Ickol tossed the marble into the slime’s body and snaps. The marble cracks, and an essence takes ahold of the body. If the opposite of something is nothing, so true is the opposite. This new mind tears away the vacant space. It is a painful, disorienting process but Meryl finds herself in a much weaker, mortal body. She can’t feel her other self, or her companion, or her reservoir of power. Just a shadow of her mind relegated to a weak shell. Across from her, the antlered woman crouches and meets her eyes.

Well...now. It...seems...you...were...killed. I...took...it...upon...myself...to...resurrect...you...the...best...I...can...for...some...questions. The...first...of...which is: why...is...it...you...were...killed...in...the...first...place?

The slime woman seems to change into a slightly darker shade of blue. Ickol, not quite remembering how slimes work, sees as it simply passes through the collar, chains, along with the cage. Hornlike protrusions grow forth from it's head, and four more globes resembling eyes appear on its face. It's gooey legs split into a number of tendrils, though a thin pair remain to keep it walking around. It steps around to stand over Ickol, and speaks, though it's 'mouth' doesn't move.

"APPARENTLY BECAUSE I SAID THAT THE PANTHEON OF OCAERIL IS RETARDED. WHICH AT THE VERY LEAST YOU SEEM TO BE."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back