• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

x3rx05istyx9s

Unlucky Member
(This RP is closed between myself and bellechu bellechu but if you’re interested in joining or starting another one with me, shoot me a message ☺️)

On January 11th, 2034, the war that would end the world began. The UN officially disbanded due to controversies within the assembly, and multiple nations who were once a part of it were now trying to take the power of the world into their own hands. The two global superpowers, the US and Russia, were suddenly outmatched by multiple other countries who were waiting on something like this; with no global power to tell them ‘no.’ Almost overnight, every country that had a problem with another began to declare war against their enemies; North and South Korea, England and France, India and Pakistan, Armenia and Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia and China, Greece and Turkey; the list goes on. The entire world was engulfed in dozens of miniature wars, with the US sending troops to every other country to try to calm to chaos unsuccessfully.

The US had always had its hands in the affairs of other countries, but trying to single handedly hold off World War 3 wore their military thin. Russia saw this as an apportunity to get rid of the US once and for all, and many other countries also held hatred to the US for colonizing and sticking their fat American noses in foreign business. Russia’s president signed a treaty with China, North Korea, Egypt, Iran and Pakistan called the Russian Confederacy Act, and they came together to put an end to the US and become the world’s dominant global superpowered state.

May 3rd, 2034, the newly formed Russian Confederacy sent a nuclear warhead directly towards pentagon, demolishing the entirety of Washington, D.C. and the neighboring states. The Russian Confederacy’s navy and air forces also rushed the west coast of the US, ripping it to shreds. However, a naval base in Cuba storing some American nukes launched several warheads towards Russia as well. Then other countries joined in the nuclear holocaust, firing off atomic bombs left and right. The death toll was in the several billions; men, women, children, soldiers, civilians, pets, livestock, plant life. All of it seemed to die in large numbers within weeks. By the time the leaders of the world realized their mistakes, it was far, far too late.

The Russian Confederacy, or the few who remained a part of it, had issued a ceasefire on June 3rd, 2034, and the other nations of the world had no real choice but to follow. The worlds population was at just under 3 billion. Scientists who had survived said that over 85% of the air in earths atmosphere was now toxically radiated, as well as the majority of the water supply and food sources. The ‘war’ was over, but the death toll continued to rise. Millions more died from radiation poisoning, starvation, dehydration, and lootings gone wrong. The governments of the world were also in shambles as most of the leading political figures were dead or missing. With no clue on how to rebuild society, the human race was, for the first time in thousands of years, completely void of order and rule.

On June 17th, 2034, the Russian Confederacy officially disbanded, taking away the only possible governing body left on the planet. The civilians left in the world were now fending entirely for themselves. Money had lost all of its power as well; the only difference now between a rich man and a poor man is that a rich man lived on top of a larger pile of rubble. With no governing body, the people began to arm themselves and recluse. People tried to find food and supplies, and often died over it.
What’s worse is that a new disease was spreading. When the irradiated water from the water supply mixed with a humans blood, it caused what became known as “the Pink Death.” If a person was infected, all of their blood vessels would begin to slowly clot, causing a person’s skin to turn pink. It was a painful way to go, usually lasting a few days, and it spread through fluids and skin contact, which made people further isolate. The death toll rose even more. Eventually, after a few terrible years, the disease seemed to go away as people’s immune systems got used to it and people just stopped drinking the water from the main lines. Of course, people who drank the main line water could still get sick and even mutate, but the human body got used to it after years. Bottled water became a delicacy, and some people were selling purification tablets like drugs. Well, not really selling, because money became useless, but trading. Weapons, food, ammunition, and bottled water were highly traded, among other things. The people who hit the grocery stores first back during the war were now the merchants who kept people alive.

Around 2044, the majority of the adults left in the world began to die out. Some adults in very, very rural areas survived, and in some places they set up houses to take care of kids, like the one in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Due to radiation and age, though, people were dying earlier, leaving many children to fend for themselves. A lot of children grouped up, and some teens who had grown up in this world and even some soldiers who survived the war became sudden caretakers. This was how the world was now. Few resources, and fewer friends. It was rough for a child to grow up in, but this generation of children would be the builders of the new world.

Fast forward about 20 years, and those children are now adults, who know the ins and the outs of this new world effortlessly. By this point, the earth we knew was gone. The biggest, brightest, most beautiful cities were now concrete jungles covered in vegetation and rubble, and the rural areas were deserted wastlands. The majority of the people were just trying to survive day-to-day, like the generation before them, but others got more violent, wanting to hoard the world’s few supplies for themselves. These types became known as bandits and as time went on certain bandit ‘clans’ started to rise, most namely in the US, the Seeker Clan and the Clint Boys Family, or the CBF. There were even some rumors that the Russian Confederacy was still around, lurking in the shadows and hoarding all the resources, but as far as anyone knew. these were just rumors. While most people were in the cities, these clans and a few others resided in the rural areas, now known as the Badlands.

The year is now 2056. The human population worldwide is just over 1.1 billion, and the majority of those are in the United States. The Seeker Clan and the CBF have been in a turf war for the past 2 months over the entire east coast and all of the Badlands in it, and it shows no signs of slowing down. (Y/C) was a member of the Seekers, a bandit clan that promised wealth and security for obedience. Those who joined the Seeker’s clan weren’t allowed to leave, but seeing this clan war build up and not seeing a way out except death, (Y/C) had to make a way out. So one day, they did.

January 3rd, 2056; it’s a brutal winter, freezing cold temperatures dropping below zero and many inches of snow on the ground. Years ago, this type of weather would be unusual in Atlanta, Georgia, but with the lack of climate control or global warming caused by humans, the temperature dropped by many degrees. (Y/C) was passing through the city of Atlanta, somewhere that the Seekers wouldn’t be, just looking for temporary or permanent refuge. (Y/C) had removed all of their bandit paraphernalia so that they wouldn’t be found by any of their old allies or old enemies. The streets were mostly abandoned, and (Y/C) was looking for a place to hunker down for the night, when they heard arguing coming from what looked like some sort of old government building. (Y/C) ducked down behind a car overtaken by plants as they listened to what was being said inside. The first voice sounded like a young male, very frustrated.

“Dammit, Greg, even if we make it there in this weather, how are we gonna get in? Whose to say they won’t just shoot us down as soon as we approach the door?”

“Boy, the radio said they want as many people there as possible! It’s supposed to be a safer place! Food, clean water; heck, even a shower!”

This second voice sounded much older, but equally as irritated. The first voice sounded off again.

“Oh really? They want us there, huh? Well since you’re all buddy, buddy, with ‘em, how about you go and tell us how they are? Maybe they only want us there so they can take what little we have!”

A third voice, this one a little quieter, sounded like it was trying to keep the peace. This voice also had a hispanic accent to it.

“Tristan, calm down, man… If it’s not like the radio says, we can always come back.”

“No, we can’t just ‘always come back.’ You’ve seen the frozen, starved corpses out there in the snow. This winter is something different, man…”

The older voice spoke again.

“Listen, if you two aint coming, y’all are old enough to handle yourselves. But me, I’m too old. I ain’t staying in Atlanta for some rough neck looters to come in here and blow my damn head off!”

The voice of the first young man sighed and spoke again, a little more calm this time around.

“Greg, I just don’t understand why we can’t stay here… This place has been a good spot for the past few months, why risk it now for rumors? We’ve had food, we’ve had-“

He was cut off by the third voice.

“You call this food, Tris? Killing squirrels for breakfast, lunch, and dinner isn’t-“

Their conversation was cut short by the sound of (Y/C)’s foot slipping and their arm propping against the car for balance, making a ‘thud’ sound. All 3 of the men at the same time pulled out a weapon and aimed it in the direction of the car. One had a rifle, the other had a crossbow, and the oldest one had a pistol. The older man called out towards the car. “I know someone’s out there! We’re not violent folk, so just come on out and we won’t hurt ya!” The third voice chuckled. “Yeah, that sounds real reassuring, Greg, I’m sure they’ve never heard that one before.” He slung the crossbow over his shoulder and called out to the car as well. “Hey, I can’t speak for my friends here, but I’m unarmed. Come on out, man, we can hear you! If you’re not gonna hurt us, we’re not gonna hurt you, honestly.” There was a pause before the voice spoke again. “Man, put your guns away. If they wanted to kill us we’d be dead already. They’ve obviously been over there hiding for a while.” The one with the rifle slowly lowered his gun and threw it back over his shoulder, but the older guy kept his pistol in his hand after lowering it. That same voice called out one last time. “See? Weapons are down. It’s cool, we’re not bandits. Come on out.” The older man’s voice came shortly after. “Yeah, and don’t try any funny stuff either. We ain’t aiming at you but we’re still packing.”

It was time for (Y/C) to make a decision. These 3 guys didn’t seem to want to hurt anyone, but they also didn’t seem to mind protecting themselves. (Y/C) knew that their guns weren’t drawn anymore, and only one of them was still holding theirs. Should they run for it or just come out? Running for it could leave bullets in (Y/C)’s back, but just coming out could leave bullets in their frontside if those guys were lying. That being said, what was this ‘safe haven’ they talked about? Was there a place somewhere far off without bandits and without starvation? Maybe that was worth coming out from behind that car…

Last edited:
Izaiah hand hovered over her pistol belt as she debated her next move. Her curiosity was piqued by the mention of a safer place, but at the same time, she knew trusting people was often a mistake. She understood her and the group of men had the same goal as her, and she meant no harm if they didn't-- so she went with it.
"Fuck it" she mumbled, before standing up from behind the car and revealing herself with her hands up. Her baggy brown trench-coat sleeves rolled down her arms, revealing black gloves. The coat was closed due to the weather, but at her feet appeared equally as baggy black pants and black boots. Her blonde hair sat un brushed and in two very messy buns on her head, along with a pair of brown goggles. She slowly walked towards the inside of the building.
"I'm obviously not going to hurt you," she announced to them, her weapons hiding under her coat and around her belt, "but what safe place are you lot talking about?"

The older man holding the gun had bolstered his pistol as well now, seeing that the girl was unarmed. The two younger guys looked at the older, almost as if seeking his approval before answering. The older guy spoke once again; “Before I tell you that, I need to know a little more about you. My name is Gregory, the blond bigmouth over there is Tristan,” he motioned to what was presumably the first voice, who nodded in her direction, before continuing, “…and this is Carlos.” He nodded towards the other young man carrying the crossbow, likely the peacemaker of the group. He waved, offering a slight smile and a quiet, “Howdy.” Gregory spoke again. “What’s your name, and where are you coming from?” He looked the girl up and down, trying to gauge her background, skill, and possible weapons. She could have anything under that trench coat, so his hand stayed resting on his holstered pistol.

"Hello Gregory, Tristan, Carlos~" she hummed to the group, "I'm Izaiah, and I'm coming from. . . everywhere, really, and nowhere at the same time," she though for a second, but she was truly unsure of the last place she slept. She noticed Gregory's eyes fixating on her coat.
"Relax," she softly commanded, opening her coat up to reveal a boring turtleneck tucked into jeans, with a gun on the belt. "I'm not a threat, just curious."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back