• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lily Ylva
Owca - 8th Day​
Before Shi could move to help the wounded, perhaps even react, Lily shot up between the creature and the humans. "Ah-ah-ah!" The foxling coyly smiled, her small finger waggling in the air toward the town's leader, staring into the blacks of his eyes. "Now Shi, I get it! You wanna help people, I'm exactly the same!" She grinned, staring back toward the tall figure with a sly nod. "But if we keep giving away our services for free, ain't no way that demon lord is going down, after all, gold wins wars!" Lily continued to smile toward Shi, before facing back toward the mayor, her waggling finger shooting into the air triumphantly. "We'll need a few more of those Rabikku Roots, should cover the cost of such amazing healing work!" The tip of Lily's tongue rose up to dab at her upper lip as she stared at him daringly.

Shi

Shi perked up at the request to help more people. She smiled a wide grin, ready to set out, until Lily darted out and talked about free services and stuff. She then started demanding something in return for healing the injured. Her tails thumped the ground in annoyance and she reached down, grabbing Lily by the back of her shirt, and hoisted her into her arms.
"Shi heal for free."
She reassured the mayor before walking over to the injured with Lily in her arm. She once again pet her head and knelt down beside an injured man. He was cradling a bandaged arm to his chest.
"Lily close eyes."

Randomfella Randomfella Gabe Gabe RizaTiz RizaTiz

The mayor stammered when Lily requested payment for healing, but was relieved when Shi stepped forward. "Thank you so much... you really are heroes..." He said, trying to hide away the emotion in his voice.
--
The rest of the night was uneventful. The efforts to make a temporary fix on the destroyed manor were successful, and provided shelter for the refugees against the weather. The heroes, exhausted from the tough fight, rested along with the citizens, until the sun rose, several hours later.

Myremon Seonag

The wraith was inert the whole night, barely breathing. Before any of the heroes woke up, however, he opened his eyes, a fast fading headache filling his brain, before disappearing completely. He stood there, looking at the roof, gathering his strength to get up. "That... that was a rough night..."

After a couple of nights of not being able to sleep, Veronica was finally able to sleep peacefully. In the morning, she was lying against the wall, using her backpack as a pillow. Ash was lying on top of her duck, jacket on the floor, and her hair a complete mess. Even with sunlight shining near Veronica, she remained asleep.

Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Shi

Shi hadn't slept that night. She never did, so she stood watch over everyone to make sure nothing happened that night. She toyed with trinkets she found on shelves and tables. She was trying to distract herself from the fact she forgot where she left Bunny during the fight and healing after. She missed the little creature terribly, but it would be okay. Bunny would survive.
She perked up when she heard Myremon wake. She walked over to him, her tails swaying and just barely missing the items in the room, including Veronica sleeping.
"Myremon! Myremon awake!"

Gabe Gabe RizaTiz RizaTiz Randomfella Randomfella

Veronica and Ash were both awakened by Shi's voice. Veronica opened her eyes and yawned. She got up and looked towards Shi and saw Myremon. "Oh, Myremon!" She seemed to be wide awake now, walking towards Myremon. "How are you feeling? Do you feel alright?" She didn't know if he was still exhausted or not.

Ash was awake, but didn't want to get off her duck. It was too comfy. She looked up, her hair covering most of her face. "Good morninnng..." She moved her hair out of her face and grabbed her jacket, putting it on.

Lily Ylva
Owca - 8th Day​
"H-Hey! S-Shi!?" Lily stammered as the tall figure picked her up, an expression of confusion suddenly infecting her proud smile, head turning back to look up at Shi. As she moved over with Lily in her arms, the foxling visibly pouted, crossing her arms in a huff. "'Shi heal for free...' How are we going to slay demons with that attitude!?" She mocked, slightly giggling as her head was pat, attempting to hold her annoyed demeanor. "POOR heros! Hahahaha" Lily was quick to correct the mayor, sticking her finger into the air with frustration, trying to hide a sly smile, before breaking into a giggling fit at her own statement.

Owca - 9th Day​
Lily awoke to the sound of Shi's excited chanting rattling through her head. The half-human's body shot up, the images of the day before rushing through her mind, as she rushed atop the wraith's body, almost knocking him back down in the process. "Last night! How did you do that!? How did it feel? How do you feel now? Describe your symptoms to me. Did it have something to do with your essence? Di..." The beastkin's questions seemed never ending as her hands wrapped around the wraith's head, eyes staring directly into where the figure's eyes would be, tail wagging profusely as she smiled into it. It was like an itch, that hadn't been scratched in months, to understand more.

Nazzek Minara
The merfolk was startled by everyone screaming. He spent what remained of his night celebrating with the townsfolk, crashing near the group with a bottle of booze nearby. "Aaaagh, couldja please just shut uuuup?" He groaned, putting a hand on his head. "Ah, so the start of the party's awake? Great, now let me sleep." He went back out, quickly slipping into a half drunken slumber.

Myremon Seonag
Myremon slowly rose from the ground, "sitting down", a loose sentence that meant him just sitting with his lower half on the ground. He took some time to survey the environment, happy that his outburst didn't kill anyone. He sighed, unstrapping his mask and quickly pulling up the hood of the robe, as to hide his face. "Heavy..." He listened to everyone's exclamations, stopping Lily just short of her losing her breath. "First... First of all... I'm okay, thank you for asking. Second of all, you need to fine tune that thing. It was like... like my mind was invading the will of that demon as he withered away..." He shook his head. "I felt my essence seep into him and expand, gripping into each part of his whole being... It felt like the Procedure all over again, bt this time, I was doing it..." He felt his hands shake, and closed his fists, stopping them. "Look, I'm not against using this, but... I don't want to feel the pain I felt last night. Plus... I got the info on where Aiala is, from the mind of that lieutenant. We can go as soon as everyone is ready... Including me." He started to talk to Lily, explaining the deeper ends of the connection, and ideas as to how to improve the poison. Myremon tossed some ideas for the name, but none stuck.

Shi

Shi sat down on the floor, her tails swaying happily. She was happy -- except for the whole Bunny thing, but she wasn't going to let that get her down. She looked over at Nazzek when he yelled. She lightly poked him with one of her tails -- very lightly so she didn't accidentally hurt him, though she doubted she even could.
"Sleepy fish."
She chirped and turned back to Myremon.
"Myremon okay? Shi heal?"

Myremon Seonag
The wraith winced, placing a hand on his head. "Gods, Shi... No... no telepathy for the time being, okay?" He looked at the golem through the hood, and remembered. "Shi, can you.. .try to speak with your mouth? I can't hear you properly from your telepathy, it'll hurt too much..." It was hurting, of course, but not as much as he was telling. It was more of a trick to make Shi speak without her mind.

Shi

Shi looked sad when he said her voice hurt him. Her tails all fell to the floor with solid thumps. She nodded softly and opened her mouth, trying to remember how to speak. She had done it before. The noise that came out of her mouth was a broken gurgling kind of noise that turned into a sort of hiss. She closed her mouth and frowned deeply. She had forgotten how to speak.

Gabe Gabe

Myremon Seonag
"Oh, did I hear a Hi?" He tried to smile, the eternal grin on Myremon's twisted visage curling upwards. "I think I heard it. C'mon, try again..." He said, chuckling quietly. He was trying his best to encourage her to try and speak properly. It was on his mind ever since the gem on her body was healed, but now, he had a perfect opportunity to push the golem into realizing her wish.

Shi

Shi looked up at Myremon. She offered him a small smile and opened her mouth again. Once again the broken gurgling came out, but this time it turned into a very drawn out 'h' sound. It finally ended with 'i'. Shi snapped her mouth shut, shocked by herself, and her eyes went wide.
"Hhhhhiiii."
There was a pause and then she was smiling and chirping happily.
"Hi!"

Myremon Seonag
The wraith was weak, but he managed to sound extremely happy and proud for Shi. "I knew I heard a Hi! You did it!" He slowly rose from the ground, patting the golem on her head. He stretched, then winced, placing a hand on his head. "Okay... we shouldn't dally. Lily, do you have any psychic healing potions? I'll need to mitigate the damage that the... 'Wraith Serum' - let's call it that - did to me. We need to make a plan to enter and strike the demon lieutenant without a chance of failure. Mr. Mayor?" The mayor was already up and about, helping change the bandages on some of the wounded. He rose his head, cocking it to the side, trying to discern who was the hooded figure. When he looked at the mask on the floor, his eyebrows shot up. "Ah, Mr. Myremon! What do you need?" The wraith pulled his hood further, hiding his face completely. "I need a map from the surrounding area, roughly 20 to 30 kilometers." The mayor nodded and went away, while Myremon turned to the rest of the group. "The area has a mid tier illusion, but the demon sergeant knew how to enter, so I know it as well. There's two exits, one towards Owca and one towards the opposite side, probably for couriers and cargo." He pointed towards the sky. "Aiala is using a mass teleportation spell. She's probably using some of the sacrifices to fuel the spell, and keeping the rest for whatever ritual is going to be performed, probably a soul reaping one. If she feels threatened, she'll probably use whatever reserves she has and try to take us out, so we need to hit fast and hard. Any ideas?"

While Shi and Myremon were speaking, Veronica walked over to her backpack, opening it up and making sure nothing was crushed as she had used it as a pillow.
Ash continued to lay down on her duck, looking up at the others. "Well, maybe we could become invisible!" Ash shouted. "Then she couldn't see us!" Veronica closed her backpack and placed it next to her.
"I don't think it'd be that easy, unless Lily has a potion that can do that. We would need an invisibility spell and I imagine that Aiala would be able to sense magic. We would be caught immediately." Ash looked at her. "Then we can lure her out!" The demon girl stood up. "We can make some noise outside, and then we she checks out it, we catch her!" The swordswoman shook her head. "That isn't going to work." Ash hopped of her duck. "Yeah it will! I've distracted many people with that in Nee-er!"

Shi

Shi smiled and ran off to go and heal the last few of the people. She had a happy bounce in her step as she left. She found a few with bandages and walked over to heal them. She was even happier when they didn't flinch away from her. It was a nice day so far.
When she healed them she found some children watching her. She chirped happily and offered them a smile.
"Hi!"
She waved to them enthusiastically and motioned them over. They ran over and stopped just in front of her, watching her carefully. Shi held out her palms to them and smiled again. They looked at her hands and then at her face. A little girl reached out and held her hand.
"Hi."
The little girl smiled and Shi picked her up, making her giggle happily. Then the little boy, who was older than the girl, smiled up at her. Shi smiled and poked his side with one of her tails. He laughed and tried to catch her tail. Shi started running around with the girl in her arms and the boy chasing her.

Lily Ylva
Owca - 9th Day​
"Interesting..." Lily pondered his response in wonder, before ecstatically discussing the concoction with the wraith, seemingly amused by the conversation. The half-human continued to babble to herself, before her thoughts were interrupted by Shi's sudden speech, a wide eyed grin facing toward the figure.

"Psy-whatnow?" The foxling looked up toward the wraith, confused at his request, before pulling a red vial of healing potencies from her belt. Opening the vial, she placed a few pinches of gloomroot within, before closing it once more, shaking it 'till the substance turned a dark pink, and opening the cork with her teeth, and audible *pop* escaping as she did so. "They say gloomroot calms the mind... Hehehe, so maybe this will help!" She smiled playfully, hand rising up toward Myremon as she offered him the substance. Lily continued to giggle, the substance was after all considered a mind-relaxant, though most used it as a means to get high, rather than heal mental ailments.

The half-human's attention turned to Veronica as mention of her arose. "Hey!" A clearly fake frustrated tone escaped her lips. "I like making fun pois... Potions as much as the next, but without anyway to buy rare herbs of course I won't have anything like that!" Lily slightly giggled mid-rant, eyes glancing back over to Shi as the figure ran around with the children, Lily's feet slightly bouncing in place in a mixture of frustration and excitement. Her gaze turned back to Myremon, handing the wraith the potion. "We need to at least tryyyyy to keep her body intact! Do you know the potential of such a demons... Reagents..." The serious expression Lily attempted to hold as she stated that did not last long, a coy smile slipping over her expression. If she ended up like those imps, their entire journey here would be wasted! Well, for her, at least.

Last edited:
Myremon Seonag
The wraith took the pink vial and downed with a single gulp. Slowly but surely, the pain that was on the back of his mind subsided while he spoke. "I'm pretty sure that we can't enter the place without alerting her. The illusion spell probably have an alarm imbued, so once we enter, she'll know. We need to make sure that the alarm is dispelled, if there's one." The Mayor returned with the map, and Myremon set it down in the middle of everyone. He pulled up quill and ink from his satchel, starting to explain.
one.png
"The entrances of the base are here and here," Myremon drew on the map and labelled it. "My guess is that only the entrance directed to Owca has the illusion, the other side has more movement than this one, and it would take too much mana to keep the spell intact. They only use the southern entrance to leave for Owca, and probably use the teleport spell outdoors to cause chaos in the city. There's an abandoned house that serves as an outpost for the demons. We take them out first, the we attack from there." He started drawing the plan on his map.
small.jpg
"I think Ash's idea has some merit. Instead of invading them, I say we let them come to us. My idea is that we close off one of the entrances, the back one, most likely, and use some sort of gas to make them leave through the front side. Then, once they leave through the front side, we strike the brunt of the damage. Shi, Lily and Nazzek will take the front side, dealing with whatever comes. Shi will aid in healing, but if she wants to use her transformation, that's great as well." He drew other three lines, this time, going around the back. "Me, Ash and Veronica will take the back, masks coated with the gas's antidote to strike Aiala when her forces are out. I'll create a fire on the back side, so the path is blocked when the gas hits, and dispel once you," he pointed at Lily and Shi, "Signal us. Veronica will prepare a flare, and you'll shoot up in the air when you think everyone got out. If Aiala stays inside, you shoot a green flare, but if Aiala goes to the front, you'll shoot a red one." He turned to Veronica and Ash. "The red one will prompt us to go to the front, and flank Aiala to the side." He turned to Lily again. "I need you to create a gas powerful enough to make the demons go outside, but not harmful. There are hostages inside, and we don't want any more casualties. However, once the demons are outside, you can use whatever you desire to finish or incapacitate enough. Plenty of test subjects." He said, yellow eyes trying to relay the desire to make the demons suffer. "Anyone have any interjections?

Nazzek Minara
The merfolk rose from the cot he was, rubbing his eyes. "So you say that we are allowed to kill the demons however we wish? And what happens if we finish off outside and you are still inside? We gotsa have some of those masks if we need to go in. Otherwise, I don't have any problem. I'm always up fer some demon clobberin'!" He smiled, his sharp, toothy grin a bit threatening.

Veronica and Ash listened attentively to Myremon. Ash moving side to side, unable to stand still, and Veronica was leaning on the table, looking at the map. "Sounds good." Ash's face lit up with excitement "Haha! I knew it was a good idea!" Veronica stood up straight, grabbing her bag and adjusting her dress. "I'll go and get the flare ready." She said, leaving the house. Ash looked up at the others "What's a flair?"

Shi

Shi let the children go about their days so she could go back inside. She heard Myremon talking to everyone. She went to go and listen, but she ended up blinking rapidly, trying to listen to everything Myremon was explaining. It was so much information. All she really understood was heal. She could heal, but she knew there was more to it. She got ready to ask questions, but she remembered what Myremon had said early and frowned softly. She couldn't speak well enough to ask any of them.

Lily Ylva
Owca - 9th Day​
Watching the others aspiration toward Myremon's plan, Lily let out a short puff of air, crossing her arms. "I still think it would have been better to just let loose one of my 'special darts' in there, they could do all the work for us!" A slight chuckle escaped the foxling's lips, her eyes moving from each side, before staring directly up at Myremon's mask, her expression suddenly turning dead serious as she moved toward the map. "Sure, it would have murdered the hostages, but they're lost anyway. No doubt Aiala will keep a couple of them down there, perhaps I could create an odour dank enough to force their evacuation, but chances are they're far more afraid of her than a stench. If we capture her, she uses them as leverage, and if we kill her..." Lily's hand had been moving toward her side as she spoke, pulling her toucan from her thigh, before slamming the blade into the middle of the supposed den with an audible *thud*. "Then goodbye little humies!" A smile began to grow on her face once more, a giggle following her own serious tone, a strange moment of serious notion seemingly lost just like that.

"Nazzey's a big beastkin, he won't need my help to take down a few lesser races!" Lily continued to laugh, stroking her hand against one of the murkin's arms. "Once the alarm's dispelled, I can skip over to the hostages, make sure there's no one there! Don't ya' worry ya' lil' head about it! I've been hiding from human guards my whole life, some demon grunts will be no big deal! So long as that sorceress isn't around!" The foxling jumped in place, eyes shutting as she clapped with a smile, the excitement of the whole scenario clearly getting to her.

Myremon Seonag & Nazzek Minara
"A flare is like fireworks, Ash, but they stay on the sky for longer and they're brighter. People use it to signal things to other people." Myremon answered Ash, then turned back to Lily."I doubt that guards are going to be stationed where the hostages are held. Demons are prideful beings, and Aiala is probably using terror tactics to prevent them from leaving. The main goal here is to get the low level grunts out of the battlefield. Life force isn't something that's stored easily, so Aiala probably have the hostages alive for the time being." Myremon took the toucan from the map, handing it back to Lily. "However, your concern is palpable. Nazzek, can you deal with the hordes long enough for Lily to free the prisoners?" Nazzek shrugged. "Yeah, I think I can, but not fer long. I may be strong, but I'm not invincible, haha!" Myremon nodded. "Okay, great. You and Shi stay at the frontline, don't let the demons come back in. Lily will check if the prisoners are okay, if so, free them, taking out the guards, if they remain in their posts." Myremon sighed. "Me, Ash and Veronica will enter through the backside, deal with Aiala and making sure that she doesn't make any ritual. I'll block her corrupted powers with this." Myremon waved his Angelus Staff. "When Aiala is down, her forces killed and the hostages saved, our mission is complete. We return to Nier, get the bounty, and then we have enough funds to continue. We have wasted enough time with this." Myremon rose from his place on the floor and grabbed his staff. "If there's nothing else to be discussed, let's move out."

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Owca - 9th Day​
"Don't you worry anzu na! Just a wee check on 'em silly humies, to make sure we get full pay!" Lily grinned up toward the beastkin, taking the knife from Myremon, patting Nazzek firmly on the lower side of his back as she spoke, being at a comfortable height due to their difference in size. The foxling stared back at the wraith, jumping slightly in place as he spoke, placing her hand to her head in such a form that it would be a disgrace toward the Darkene army. "Aye aye capittan! Hey, Ash! Want to come make a stinkbomb!?" She giggled toward the small demon, before skipping away without further warning, off toward the alchemist's shop where she had set her equipment up prior. As she got there, with even less regard for the happenings in the village, she got to work. Helping herself to the equipment, and the reagents in sight.

Myremon Seonag & Nazzek Minara
1551195509862.png

The Abandoned Shack was as strong as a wall made of thatch. The overgrown flora around hid it quite well, but aside from that, the place offered no protection whatsoever, the wood and clay walls decaying due to lack of repair and constant weather changes. The inside was as destroyed as the inside, the little furniture that survived was in ruin, chairs and beds ramshackled on the floor, illuminated slightly by the morning sun coming from the windows. In the center of the shack, however, laid a ritual circle, a smoking censer, and a wraith, whispering incantations. The circle was glowing ever so slightly, a mix of bright yellow and dark purple, at the same time harmonizing and clashing against each other.

On the back of the shack, a merfolk was kicking dirt. "How long we gunna wait? Whatsa doing there, Myremon?" The wraith stopped whispering, not moving a muscle. "I'm preparing the lockdown spell for Aiala. Won't take long." He whispered for about two minutes, and when he finished, the clashing lights lifted from the floor, rushing straight into Myremon's Scepter. "We're ready. Everyone know what they must do? If so, let's go." Myremon grabbed his censer and scepter, heading for the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back