• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Shi

Shi stood up and held the bunny bundled up in her arms. She followed near the back of the group and watched the trees around them. Her tails swished through the air.
"Where going?"
She asked to no one in particular, simply wanting to know their destination. She flicked her tongue out and scented to morning air with a hint of blood from the night prior. It made her nose wrinkle. She remembered how easily she tore into the imps and how thick the blood was in her mouth and in the air. She doesn't regret it one bit, because she protected her friends. She smiled happily.
RizaTiz RizaTiz Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella

Myremon Seonag
"We're going to Owca, Shi. Let's go." Myremon said, moving forward. Another day of travel and they would reach the village, and hopefully, defeat whatever is happening there.

8th day
Myremon makes the group stop right on the outskirts of the city. The morning is unnaturally gloomy, the thick clouds barely allowing sunlight to pierce through. Ash was carrying Veronica, the woman barely keeping awake through the days before the arrival to the village. Everyone was concerned, but Myremon asked to let her rest before they could do something. "Hold on, let's watch for a while before we enter the village."
klaus-pillon-netease-test-final-klauspillon.jpg

The few villagers that were outside Owca, tending to the sheep herd, had melancholic expressions in their faces. Lots of houses were boarded up, reinforced windows and doors were protecting the well kept houses. The mood was of fear and oppression. The riverbank that crossed the middle of the village was almost dry, a worrisome and extremely unnatural sight.

Myremon was restless. "It's how I imagined. The village is under total control of the Demons, even if they aren't physically here. Something is at work." Nazzek was looking at the river, an angry expression on his face, baring his fangs towards the small city. "They are destroying the river... Gods damn them..."
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Randomfella Randomfella

Last edited:
Day 8

Ash placed Veronica on the ground softly, her gauntlets disappearing into thin air. Veronica hadn't been able to sleep these past few days and today she had to ask Ash to carry her for a while as she was to exhausted to walk. "This is Oww-ca right?" the small girl looked towards the small town. "It look so...sad." She sat down on the small hill they were on, taking off her hood. One day after their encounter with the imps, she had found a cleaner looking river to wash her clothes, and hair, in. "What are we supposed to do here? I forgot."

Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Nier - 8th Day​
"Kill demons, right!?" Lily gave an open toothed grin toward the half-demon. She seemed almost oblivious to the depressing nature of the town, her mind clearly focused more upon what laid within.

The half-human continued to watch inward, tapping her foot at increasing rates as time passed. "Ahh! Let's go meet 'em! How much longer we gotta wait!?" The girl jumped up and down on the spot, giddy with excitement, placing her hands together as she looked at the others with her. As she jumped the rattling of her freshly stocked darts became more audible.

Myremon Seonag
"Yes, we need to go." Myremon beckoned the group to follow him, towards one of the shepherds that were taking care of the sheep, near a simple house, its windows boarded up, like the rest of the town. "Hail! I seek the mayor of Ow-" The poor man's eyes widened as he saw Myremon, his hands instinctively bringing the staff that was on his hands to his torso in a defensive position. "N-no! A wraith is here! Please don't hurt me!" He said, slowly stepping away from Myremon. When the mage didn't move forward, he broke into a sprint, quickly disappearing into the house, the door closing with a slam. Myremon froze in his tracks, dumbfounded.

Nazzek Minara
The merfolk crossed both sets of arms, nodding to no one in particular. "Folks here are proper scared, aye? They're probably being terrorized everyday." He said. "What do we do now? Wait for the demons to show up or go inside the town anyway?"

Shi

Shi followed behind. She was silent the whole way, checking on Bunny periodically. It was curled up in the blanket still. She looked up when she heard they were at OWCA. It looked sad...hurt. She watched as a man tried to defend himself against Myremon. He wasn't a danger. She realized what she needed to do.
She walked forward of the group and let her tails drag on the ground, keeping them together so it seemed like only one instead of three. She kept her mouth closed and softened her eyes to portray her desire to help. She relaxed her posture and extended her hand to knock on the door.
"Here to help."
She struggled for the proper words to assure the man.
"Here to help."
She repeated the words again to make sure he at least knew their intentions.
"Heal. Fix... Help."

Gabe Gabe
RizaTiz RizaTiz
Randomfella Randomfella

Last edited:
Ash picked up Veronica once more and went down the hill to join the others. "Doesn't seem he liked you a lot Myirmohn. I say we enter the village!" She began marching towards the village but froze. "Oh....wait..." She set Veronica down. "I think we should wake her up. " She began shaking Veronica softly. "Hey, Veronica. Wake up, we're here!" After a few seconds of shaking her, Veronica finally woke up. "Ugh....Huh?" She blinked and stood up. She stretched and yawned. "Oooohhh man!" She said, her voice sounded a lot more energetic than the past few days. "We're here, huh?" She looked at the small town and frowned. "Doesn't look good..."

Lily Ylva
Nier - 8th Day​
Laughing at the man's reaction, Lily turned to Myremon. "Maybe you should let me do the talking! Think they might not be so... Startled!" She continued to grin, watching Shi bang on the door, before moving her hands down to her satchel, taking a dart from it. "Then again, we could always just do like we did with that imp! I'm sure they'll let us know what's going on if we tie 'em down and ask nicely!" Lily tapped the dart against her side, a slight sound coming from it as she did so, enthusiasm clear in her cheeky voice, her grin widing to the point where it forced her eyelids to close.

The beastkin's attention turned to Ash as she woke Veronica in an all too familiar manner. "Hello there sleepyhead!" Lily giggled at the young woman.

The man didn't answer Shi. The golem could hear the sounds of furniture being moved, and a loud thump on the front door. After a while a woman's voice eched from the place. "Go away, demon! We won't be tricked by your words! Leave us alone!"

Myremon Seonag
"It's... It's better to let me stay on the outskirts, looking for any threat. ill signal with a Flare if I find any threat that I might need help." He sighed. "Staying here is just going to trouble us even further. I'll try to contact you with Shi's Trick if I need to say anything." He tapped his head with one finger, signaling that he'd use telepathy to talk to the group. "Alright, see you." He said, flying away from Owca.

Nazzek Minara
Nazzek waved at Myremon when he flew away, then returned his gaze to the group. "Alright, I guess we need to find the mayor, or chieftain, or captain, or whatever youse have for a leader 'round here, aye? Also, we need to find something to drink and sleep. Mostly drink. Me throat is as dry as a port on New Moon!" He guffawed, venturing into the village.

Veronica waved as Myremon went away from them and looked back. "We need to find the Mayor's house right? Well let's go then. If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be a big, nice looking house." She looked around and took notice of a big house that didn't look quite as damaged as the others. "Think it's that one, let's go." She walked down the street, Ash followed behind her. She looked at the buildings surrounding them. A bar, a store, an alchemy shop and much more. Once they meet up with the Mayor she might visit the alchemist. The houses were damaged, some had holes in them, others had scratches on them. She looked at the river which flowed through the city. There weren't many fishes.

Ash looked at all the different things in the town. It was a much smaller town than hers and there wasn't a lot of people. She looked at all the different signs, but couldn't read the labels on them, only the pictures.

Lily Ylva
Nier - 8th Day​
"I could always brew something up if there's not!" Lily exclaimed, smiling up at Nazzek, before looking ahead at all of the disheveled buildings. Despite the sight of it, she happily strolled through, taking time to inspect the moss growing both outside, and on some of the homesteads. "And then we tie him up, right!?" She piped up at Veronica's words, only half-listening to the context.

Lily's head tilted slightly to the side at the sight of the mayor's house, it was clearly far more pristine than the others, though that wasn't saying much. "Humans are such strange creatures." She thought to herself out-loud, staring from the larger house, then toward the other homes scattered through the village. It reminded her of the castles and mansions in the massive human cities, while peasants lived in what seemed to be dirt-huts in comparison. Even here, where her boots sloshed through the mud, and a significant oder tickled at her nostrils, their leaders needed large buildings and fancier things to show their superiority.

The Mayor's House was in better shape than the rest, but it still had its fair share of dents and damage. The lawn of the place had some people, the same somber expressions painted in their faces, but all of them had bandages and wounds. The place looked like a makeshift hospital, taking care of the wounded. An older man was tending to a woman, but as soon as he saw the adventurers, he rushed to them.
1541909935928.png

"By the gods! You passed through the Imp hordes! I thought Allen died on the way out..." He said, a relieved expression on his face. He saw the emblem on Nazzek's necklace, and nodded. "I'm Mayor Baum, and this is Owca. You came because of the request, right? We need help to drive the forces of the Demon Lord away from here..."

Nazzek Minara
"Hey, hey, calm down, lad. Tell us what's going on and we can help you." The merfolk looked around, smelling the blood in the air. People died in there." The mayor nodded, beckoning them to follow him. "This house is the only defense the people from here get. The walls are reinforced, and so far the demons can't enter it, but I fear the worst. That demon, Aiala, is kidnapping people for weeks, and closed our roads so we can't leave." The main hall of the house was in shambles. Every furniture were stacked on the windows, barricading them from any intruder. The floor had lots of people, some unconscious, some groaning and moaning in pain, while other villager took care of them. One person had the sheets covering their entire body, a woman and kid crying near him. "People are dying because of her. Every week, the imps come ad terrorize our town. They killed and kidnapped so many people... Please, you gotta help us!"

Shi

Shi frowned and stepped back from the door. She followed behind everyone towards the next house. She stayed closer to the back once more, listening to what was happening. She could help, but she would only do so if needed or told to. She didn't want to mess everything up.​

"Of course we'll help." Veronica looked at the people on the floor, in pain. She frowned and looked back at the Mayor. "We have a healer with us. She can help." She looked at Shi. "Shi, could you heal them? Please?" Ash looked around the house. All the moans, groans and unconcious people, it reminded her of her village when it was under attack.

Lily Ylva
Owca - 8th Day​
"Ya' know, I could always try some new ones on 'em!" Lily smiled to Veronica's request toward Shi, skipping over those laying on the floor freely. Slightly nudging one of the patients with her foot, a weak groan escaping him as she did so, Lily moved back over toward the mayor, her nostrils expanding as she began to sniff around him. "So! Mr Mayor man! Where are the demons, and are their horns curved, or more warped!?" She suddenly blurted out from beside him, pulling out her notebook as she did so, ready to scrawl the horns-in-question.

Shi

Shi looked up at the request Veronica made and nodded. She stepped up to the girl and situated her arms to hold Bunny. One underneath and one to pet it's head. She smiled at the girl before approaching the wounded people. She looked over at them and placed a hand on a man's forehead. She closed her eyes and began working on healing the wound. She found its source and removed it. She withdrew her presence from his mind and opened her eyes.
"Healed."
She smiled before turning to heal the others.

The mayor seems taken aback by the foxkin's excitement, and stammers for a while before starting. "W-we don't know. They come at night, every week, capture the people they can carry, and kill the ones unfortunate to cross their path. We only know that they come from east. They come once every week, for months now... Several people were caught and killed..." He said, looking around, his old eyes already shedding tears. "I was supposed to take care of them, and now we're at the mercy of those foul demons... If my calculations are correct, they are to return tonight. You came in a perfect hour, adventurers... I don't know how long can we take it." He looked at Shi, who was helping the healers. Some people were waking up, some taking off their bandages, surprised their wounds are perfectly healed. "By the gods, she's a healer! Our gratitude knows no bounds, adventurers... Please, feel free to take whatever you need to fight the hordes."

"Thanks Shi" Veronica smiled and turned back to the mayor. "Tonight huh? We'll make sure to defend you when the times comes." Ash went outside to continue watching the town, looking at the different shops. A sign with a bottle. A sign with a hammer. A sign with a sword. Many different signs with all kinds of images on them. She turned and looked at the sheep outside the town. She's never seen one before.

Shi

Shi finished healing everyone and sat down on the ground. She got curious looks from the people, but they were glad to be healed. She smiled and flicked her tails happily. She stood and walked back over to Veronica.
"All healed."
She took back Bunny and held the creature in her arms.

Ash left the house and went over to the many different shops, to see what the signs meant. First, the bottle. The building was pretty damaged and there were a lot of boards nailed to it. She looked inside and saw a few potions and other items like plants and rocks. This must be Alchemy. "Alchemy, huh?".

After another minute of being at the alchemy shopped, she quickly ran over to the next one. The hammer. Inside was various tools such as hammers, axes and some other metal things that she doesn't know about. It wasn't very interesting. She checked the sword building but there was only a few items inside and they were in pretty bad shape. A broken shield, a broken sword, another shield with an arrow sticking out of it. It wasn't very interesting either.

Once she finished checking all the buildings with signs, she went over to where the sheep are. She looked at them from a distance.

"....They look....fluffy....hmm..."

Lily Ylva
Owca - 8th Day​
A grin grew across the foxkin's lips as the mayor said that, her body seeming to jolt up for a while. "Great! Let's go!" Lily announced to the others abruptly, a loud clang could be heard as her small frame slammed through the door, back out toward the village. Skipping through the mud, small puddles splashing erratically as she stepped upon them, the half-human wasted no time in heading toward the local alchemist.

Another slam found her within the store, small hands frantically tossing herbs and tonics to each side, almost as if searching for something. As the concerned shopkeeper began to raise a finger from their hiding-corner, Lily's stare moved toward them, her strange grin still fresh upon her visage. "Don't worry! I'm here to save your town!" Lily gave what she believed to be a reassuring giggle, as her hands returned to fumbling through the goods.

"Agh!" The beastkin suddenly blurted out in a sort of childish disappointment, looking back into the corner. "Where's all the good stuff!? Demons attack and you don't even take the opportunity!? Bah!" Lily stared back to anyone else within the shop, giving a short grin as she dragged a few herbs into her satchel. "Makes ya wonder if they even took a single one down!" She laughed, though the question did stand if they had anything left behind by the red menaces.

The alchemist was a scrawny man, covered in several layers of clothes, most likely to protect himself from the dangers of a failed potion. He was a bit scared of Lily's forwardness, but made no movement to interrupt the foxgirl at all. "The demons... they got most of my stuff. Rare herbs too, growing only on this side of the continent. They kept shouting stuff about 'Where's the Rabidroot?' and variants..." He produced a gray root from under the table. "I think they were referring to this, a Rabikku Root. It's a strong reagent, used both for healing and enfeebling potions. so they are probably looking to get things to heal their troops or to make weapons... Do you need anything specific?"

After speaking with the villagers that were inside the Mayor's house, making sure they were okay, Veronica exited and began to explore the damaged village. Unfortunately, the machine that they had here, which was the same as in Nier, was broken, damaged from a recent demon attack. She'd have to wait until they returned to clean her clothes. She would leave the alchemy to Lily, she knew more about it than her. She checked the weapons shop but only saw damaged items. They wouldn't help them at all in a battle. She saw Ash, who was near the sheep, and went over. "What'cha doing Ash?" Ash pointed at the sheep. "Looking at those things. They look fluffy." Veronica looked at them. "Those? They're called sheep."

A man approaches the two girls looking at the sheep. The man had a staff in his hand, most likely for herding the sheep, and a straw hat that hid most of his black hair. The tan skin showed how much the man stayed on the sun, taking care of his livestock, and his beard betrayed the relative old age. "These are my pride and joy. I'm glad the demons didn't take the sheep, only people." He looked at Veronica and Ash. "You're from the Adventurer's Guild, right? I hope you can catch the bastards. They come once per week, and they're long overdue. I fear the worst."

Lily Ylva
Owca - 8th Day​
Sharp ears perked at the alchemist's words, almost twitching as he spoke, before her gaze moved back straight into his eyes. "Enfeebling, ay!?" Lily's eyes bulged open as she glanced down at the reagent, before her body began to move in an instant, snatching it from his hand. Holding the root up before her, the half-human began to inspect it, her smile only growing as she did so. "Other than test subjects?" Lily slightly giggled, her eyes only motioning back toward him for a short second, a strange glint to them, before she looked around the lab and its equipment. "This place will do!" She finally responded to the man's question, pulling her oversized backpack from behind her, the clunk of glass audible as they softly hit the ground.

Lily wasted no time in setting up her things, despite whatever objections came her way. She still hadn't tested her other tonic, but she couldn't waste this oppertunity. Ever since she had witnessed Myremon's... Essence, ideas had been sprawling through her mind. Such pure corruption, the potential of it seemed limitless, and yet, in all of her thoughts she could think of no secondary ingredient to support it. This root, from the looks of it, and what the alchemist had stated, might have been just what she was looking for.

A slight tap echoed through the room as Lily carefully pulled the dark vial from her satchel, placing it onto the desk. Within the swirling tendrils continued their strange dance. Just the sight of it was unsettling... It was perfect. Her grin was almost exceeding the sides of her face, which slowly moved up with glee toward the alchemist, almost anticipating some sort of reaction from him. "So... You must know a lot of good recipes for this stuff!" Lily's eyes closed as her head tilted slightly, the excitement adamant in her tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back