• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The World of Terum - Interest Check

Where should this RP start out?

• Ashka

• Riven

• Calliodas and Krace

• Someplace else!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regretti

so the quest for a good avatar continues
lmao let's just pretend i know what i'm doing

So, I've had ideas for several fantasy stories, and recently I've combined them into one big world. I'd like to do an RP in one of the countries, but I'm not sure which one. So, I'm gonna let anyone who's interested decide!

A few notes:

1. Humans can't naturally use magic here, they'll have to use magic items.
  2. Most fantasy-style races were wiped out during a great war long ago, but a few are still around.

Of course, the characters can still travel to whichever country they like, I just need a jumping-off point, ya know? Anyway, here are the countries:

A collection of city-states in the desert. It's a rather diverse country, with people from all over coming to live there. It's very peaceful. as the 5 city-states act more as collaborators than enemies. Each city-state is built around a giant magical seal that provides the city with power and water. No one knows what these seals are supposed to be imprisoning anymore, and not many people care. The biggest form of magic used there is sealing magic, which simply gives someone the ability to seal and unseal things. Some talented wizards can take this to a logical extreme.

Plot Potential: What's sealed beneath the sands? What idiots are trying to unseal everything to find out? Do we join them or should we protect the cities?

This kingdom was split in two following a civil war over who was the true successor to the late king. It has a cold and harsh climate, and is known for its grand legends and magical weapons.

Lakos: This faction backed the late king's adopted son, Lakos. They are more magic-tech inclined, and take great interest in how to use the world around them to their benefit. While they may be more progressive on the surface, the corruption beneath is disturbing, to say the least.

Merentia: This faction backed the late king's biological son, Meren. They're more tradition focused, ingrained in the old ways of Riven. The use old magic and pass down the famous legends. They're harsh, like the snows they live in, but their government is more upfront about their moral problems.

Plot Potential: There's talk about a third power pulling the strings here. What could that be? Should we pursue this third power, or do we try to unite the two factions? Should we fight for our sides and finish this war?

These two countries are locked in a long and bitter war, with no end in sight.

Calliodas: The darker kingdom of the two. It's filled with bogs and dark forests, and its inhabitants match those aesthetics. The cities are grand and Gothic, and the people study all sorts of dark magic. It's also known for its great weaponsmithing. Despite the dark exterior, it's a rather friendly and open place, known for making great strides in helping those in need.

Krace: The Kingdom of Light. Situated in mountains and fields, the sun shines down on the sparkling cities here. This place is more magic-tech based, making all sorts of new vehicles and buildings. Everything shines like it's newly polished there, but it's a bit of a false utopia. The government is very corrupt, and rumors have gone out about some...'special' task force squads.

Plot Potential: What secrets are these two kingdoms hiding? How do we stop this war? Which side do we fight for, if any?

And now, for some fantasy races! (Note: All regular fantasy races work like the normally do. You can basically be whatever, as long as it isn't horrifically overpowered)

These guys are native to the Soul Sands of Ashka, a place where the spirits roam across pitch black sands. They look kind of like jet-black elves, and have the ability to disappear into and move through shadows. There's always one Animus, whose job it is to fulfill the final wishes of restless spirits. They are the only one who can talk to spirits. Note: They can use magic naturally.

They're native to volcanic regions, although most of them were wiped out in the war. The biggest group of them was on Mount Koster in RIven. They look like humans for the most part, but their skin is hard as rock, and their lava-like blood can be heated and cooled at will. When their blood gets really hot, their veins glow a dark red, as do their eyes. If they get too cold, they'll die. They were known for being fantastic smiths back in the day. Note: They can't use magic naturally.

These people live mostly in the swamps of Calliodas, and look sort of half-human, half-fish/plant. They practice dark magic and divination, and have a great sense of humor. Many of the world's most famous magical pioneers were Kajmoun. They can use magic naturally, and can breathe underwater. However, they cannot dry out, or they'll die.

These people live in the caves of the Great Mountain Ridge that's a bit south of Riven. They're known for their fantastic airships and exports of jewels. They can reflect light when they please (which can blind or light up a room) and they have bat-like ears. They cannot use magic naturally, but they are rather proficient with magical items.

These guys aren't exactly 'holy beings', but they act like it. They live atop various mountains and protect objects or writings of importance. They mostly act as sages, priests, and wise men, but the warriors are 'guardian angels'. They head out into the world looking for the one they must protect, and protect that person. It's like a gut feeling when they find that special person, similar to love at first sight. Note: They can use magic naturally, but many prefer magic weapons. They cannot use dark magic.

These semi-immortal beings live all over the place, acting as tricksters, advisers, and warriors. There's not many left, as most were slaughtered in the war, but the ones who are left love to have fun. They're very chaotic neutral. The only thing that can put them down for good is starsteel, an incredibly rare magic mineral. There's a rumor going around that an Ethereal is planning to get vengeance on the entirety of the human race, as well as every other one that watched as their people were slaughtered. But that's just a rumor... (Note: They can use magic naturally)

I'll add more stuff if people are interested. If you have any questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments! (I don't have DMs available yet lmao)

I'm in. I'm not a fan of the third plot idea, but that's mostly because I hate war stories in general. I'm much more into political drama than physical combat when it comes to conflict. Preference for starter: Ashka.

Sounds good! Honestly, the war plots here kind of stem from my current obsession with the Fire Emblem series. I'll go and add some more info for all the countries (Ashka first) a bit later.

//sorry for the crazy late response, the last few days have been madness for me.

Seems like this might be interesting, Ashka would be my preferred starting area.

I would also like to join. i'm all for Ashka as well, I love the sense of mystety and intrigue as we slowly unearth the secret beneath the sands. It'll also probably have an epic boss fight once whatever is sealed underneath breaks free.

I would like to join. Ashka sounds like a lot of fun and the sealing magic ingenuity definetly interested me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back