• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ciaran
Braze'n'Bold

The crowds in large cities were always so eclectic. It was refreshing to Ciaran, but... he couldn't help raising an eyebrow as a lass of roughly his age broke out in song. Sea shanties? And her voice... soothing, uncannily so. Perhaps he read too far between the lines, but he felt it was likely for a pirate to say they weren't a pirate. It could simply be song lyrics; what did he know? Regardless, he silently resolved to keep a healthy distance from the lot of sailors.

"Hm?" The barmaid grabbed Ciaran's attention, ushering him to a seat. "Much obliged. Great find!" he replied promptly, shimmying over to the stool. "Nothing unique, just the lunch special and, er... something with a light body." He never understood the appeal of full-bodied wine, with its viscous texture. He didn't quite know what they had, so the decision was in Elora's hands.

Now that he had a seat, it was a perfect opportunity to read the room and scan for exotic foreigners. His attention gravitated towards two intent on killing the mood—one wearing an expression most foul and one with the mouth of a furious banshee, wailing over the already raucous crowd. They seemed a bit upscale for this place and happy to lord over others. They were the kinds who turned the humble man's stomach. "Who pissed in their porridge?" he muttered under his breath. Perhaps Ciaran's own finer threads would help him avoid the ire of the hoity-toity pair who seemed to know one another. Truly, two like them were double trouble, so he averted his gaze.

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21
Mentions: Kyuubey Kyuubey Slav Slav jupiter. jupiter.

Last edited:

Mikhail

mood.

Anxious

[/comment]

location.

Altair Docks

tags.

-->

-->

-->

Mikhail’s hands were careful in the retrieval of the small avian. Cupping his hands over the bird's beak, he splayed his fingers like the bars of a birdcage, ensnaring the fluttering creature within his grasp. His face held a ravening grin while his hands tightened their hold—eliciting a shrill cry of protest. As he returned the bird to its container, he felt a sense of finality. Thin fingers secured the strings of the bag with a deft knot that left little room for escape. “I appreciate your help Sh'Kashta. My name is Hubert, I’m an endangered species conservationist.

As ocean-dyed eyes traced over Sh'Kashta, the mind behind them began to scheme; it was only for a breath, but his anxious grin darkened into a predatory glimmer. His lips parted as if to speak, yet he allowed the silence to linger for a moment longer as his mind worked to finalize his ploy. Finally, his eyes seemed to brighten as he refocused his gaze onto the young Sh'Kashta.

He turned to face her and beamed with a genuine smile, “That is fantastic that you have come to visit today of all days! We are actually in the middle of a festival, so we have been very busy. But, not just anyone can participate.” His mood seemed to darken then, his hands slackening to fall at his side. He lowered his gaze and took a few quiet moments to think. “It is customary to leave an offering before participating in the events. But, the guards will probably stop you before you’d get the chance.” As he exhaled a long, drawn-out sigh, the once-pleasant smile that had adorned his face faded into nothingness, replaced by a troubled expression that furrowed his brow.

As he sat there lost in thought, a sudden idea took hold of him like a bolt of lightning, and his expression transformed in an instant. His eyes, which had been fixed in a distant gaze, lit up with a spark of inspiration, and his lips curled up into a sly grin. “I know! Since you’ve been so nice to me … I can leave the offering for you. Then you’d be able to participate too! Do you have anything that you’d think a human would find valuable? It is tradition to part with something important to signal the start of spring. Not doing so is considered bad luck—I had a friend who joined the festival without leaving an offering and he had to get both legs amputated a day later.

Mikhail looked at Sh'Kashta with a heavy heart, as if the truth of his statement weighed heavily on him. "I would love for you to join in the festivities, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be safe without making the proper offerings. It's a tradition that's been around for centuries, and it's not one that's taken lightly. If you don't make the offering, it's considered bad luck, and those who don't make the offering are usually met with dire consequences." He ran a hand through his hair, looking away from her for a moment. "I'm sorry Sh'Kashta. I just don't want you to get hurt or worse. But, if you really want to join in the festivities, this is the only way it can work.

-->

A Fortunate Guide
Tags: Hubert Horror Horror
Today was shaping up to be a great day for Sh'Kashta. Such a fine welcome to the city, and on a day of great celebration. The young man sent to greet her was proving to be the best possible person for her to have met. Her eyes shown with great excitement the more he spoke. This Hubert, who was a conversationalist with dangerous species, and was friends with one who had unlucky legs. What stories they must have!

But the festival required a gift offering for old spirits, as many surface dweller rituals did. Luck and fortune for giving, and Sh'Kashta had never refused to give. Her fortunes and luck grew each day it seemed. When Hubert suggested giving the gift to him so that he may offer it in her stead, she did not hesitate to pluck several pearls from her necklace to proffer to him. Humans were quite fond of the pearls, as she had learned from early trading.

"Yes, yes." She spoke quickly and excitedly. "Gifts and luck. Meeting you is quite lucky. Such tales you must tell. Tales of danger species, yes?" A single deep breath was the only pause she offered before plunging back in. "And friend of unlucky legs, yes? Many stories, many I can share too. Great wealth!" Her excitement was barely contained, as she bounced slightly as she spoke.

"But first," she slowly calmed herself back to the moment, "festival. Yes, very important. What is celebrating? How does one participate?"

Elora.png
1678909026876.png

Goonfire Goonfire

Elora nodded as if she was almost notating everything in her mind. "Lunch special and something with a light body, gotcha." she rushed off to the kitchen after squeezing between a few people and gathered drinks while dropping her food order. Food was starting to pile up and she knew very well she had to hurry her Elf butt up. Pretty much moving as fast as her little legs could carry her, she stopped by the orange-haired male and put down his drink "This drink shouldn't be too rough for you. Sometimes I have a sip of this stuff, but don't tell my boss." she giggled "Your food will be out shortly. If you need anything just let me know." her golden gaze shifted from the part beastman and she looked towards a more upscale dressed male who didn't seem to be enjoying himself too well...Or maybe he was. Certainly he didn't seem like he fit in this place but they welcomed many and all to the Braze'n'Bold. Biting her lip for a second she decided against visiting the male for a moment while she got the rest of the drinks delivered right off of her tray.

Their cook was pretty awesome and pretty quick with his skills. Popping food out like he had it ready before they even asked for it. Taking a moment in the back, she took a deep breath and loaded her tray right back up, rushing past another Barmaid who was helping deliver all the food. Once finally empty, she stopped by the light-haired males table and spoke "Welcome to the Braze'n'Bold. Is there anything else I could get you? Water, bread, anything like that?" always gotta check on the customers! Even if they may not enjoy being here in the moment. Hopefully some things will slow down after people get their food. It's just that rush when everyone orders at the same time where it gets a bit crazy. she held her hands behind her back and waited patiently for his reply, trying to almost hold her breath from the smoke coming from his pipe. Slav Slav

Elof

ElofPost.jpg

First it was the glass of holy water, and now a beef flavored panacea that this blue haired woman had bestowed upon him. Just as the bowl of the beef stew had clanked in front of him, there was a little flicker of light in the otherwise dead-eyed stare of Elof, as he quickly turned his head to look at the waitress. Though the woman had turned away quickly after her reassurance, he mustered out a quiet "Thank you." before quickly turning back to the stew. The young mixed blood almost looked like he was in a trance as he stared at it, his right hand slowly reaching out to grab the fork while the other was reaching to clasp around the bowl. His whole body leaned forward as if he was about to pounce; and although he didn't realize it at first, he completely ignored the initial response of the dwarven woman as he began to scarf down the stew like a wild animal. Once most of the contents had been picked clean, with only the somewhat chunky broth remaining, Elof's hands swiftly picked up the bowl and poured the rest down his throat.

While it may have seemed like he hadn't been listening, the young mercenary had actually listened to Opalsong's possible interest in his and his troupe's services. Though it wasn't exactly polite, he raised a finger as if to tell her to hold on a moment, as he turned his head to burp away from her before taking a sip of water. "Sorry. Hungry.. And Captain don't like it when I burp in his face." Elof turned back to her, making direct eye contact. "If you want to hire us... Talk to Captain. He handles missions and-" The last words of the mercenary's response were cut off when in the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the Alabaster Knight, a fellow mercenary that he had spent some time with in Whitshell walking through the front door with some other people. They had a bit of a history wit guarding the border to the Banished and hunting any invaders with the rest of the Troupe. He returned the wave, before turning back to Opalsong. "Captain handles missions and pay. Even has rate for specific members if you want that instead." Elof placed a hand on his chest. "I only cost 10 silver."

Mentions:
jupiter. jupiter. Britt-21 Britt-21

Last edited:
1678936265435.png
Bar Antics
1970c74e3e3118da8a1df1270288444c.jpg
"Fantastic." He said sarcastically after hearing the news about the barkeep. So far his deliveries were on a way one track to becoming a drag. He sat down beside Nesta as she just so graciously finished ordering drinks for them. Was it what he wanted? No....not at all. Nasir is a wine drinking, and he prefers that over beer, but he wasn't gonna tell her that. She already ordered two of em for him. He'll just down these two then order what he wants and maybe more for Nesta in return. "Everyone likes Scarf more than me. I don't expect anything less. He was taking a nap when we left. Figured we would return by the time I was done, but that outcome doesn't seem likely now." Eyeing the beer as they were giving, Nasir lets out a disappointed sigh. "Thank you." He said towards Elora before drinking them beer, downing it much slower than Nesta. She was always the one who enjoyed beer the most between the two of them.

Finishing his glass he slammed it down, and wipes his face, hiding his disgusted expression. "Surprisingly, it goes down better than the stuff back on the ship. That shit is something else entirely. Always makes me feel like a whole different person." The truth is, Nasir's mask tends to slip whenever he drinks beer, and he becomes less tense and rather more enjoyable some would say. But he does tend to get a bit more emotional as well and begins to dwell on the past. S he usually just stick to wine, which doesn’t affect him as much, and allows him to keep his mask on.

"Can't believe you ordered me two of these. I'm definitely gonna need dat food if you got me drinking this shit." He said sipping on the second glass. He looked over at Nesta's stomach as it rumbled and he simply shook his head. "I told you to eat something before we left, but someone was too excited to dock. Now look at you. Starving with nuthin but beer in your stomach." Thing is, he was doing the same as well.

Whether or not Nesta truly heard Nasir scolding her, wasn't clear since she broke out into a shanty encouraging him to join her. As first he was fighting the urge to do so and keep drinking the beer, but he ended up finishing it all. So as she go to the next verse, his voice joined hers, but in a more nonchalant manner. "A song to sing for beggars, a song to sing for saints. A song to sing for wealthy men all wrapped and bound in chains. Our treasure's not in gold, or in our piety. Our wealth is in an answered call, the longing of the sea." With all that time spent on her father's ship he was bound to learn a few shanties here and there. Kyuubey Kyuubey Britt-21 Britt-21

Meanwhile, as those two were singing their hearts out, sweet little ole Scarf had awaken from his nap and now on the prowl for his lovely companion, following the smell of the abundance of fish.

faraine zolas
barside shenanigans
Braze n' Bold Tavern
interactions
Sitting up straight, arching her back to get a stretch in, the Bounty Hunter took in her surroundings, long arms lifting up to aid her in her attempt to get rid of the fatigue in her bones. To say that the state of the place changed drastically would be an understatement. What was once merely a low murmur of chatting and general discourse, quickly shifted to a more rowdy tone, thanks to the pair of pirates who sat a few seats away from Faraine at the bar. It wasn't something the giantess hadn't been accustomed to, but, with the pounding in her head, she was hoping for the alcohol and food to arrive quickly. Lowering her arms back down and maintaining a decent posture, she could spot a few rich folks from afar, as they stuck out like a sore thumb in the mass of grime and overall rowdiness of the town Tavern. Turning her head back to her new acquaintance, golden eyes caught the quick exchange the beast-person made with the rather... sloppy-looking boy from across the bar. Her gaze bounced between the two, urging her to inquire:

"So you do have friends.. Surprised they recognize you with the getup." A rather taunting thing to say to someone she knew nothing about. Faraine assumed they worked together or something, from how quick and quiet their interaction was. However, it was the half-elf's turn to run into a familiar face,

"Happy to see you again Fara. I don't wanna interrupt you too much." Elora's voice willed the woman to turn in her seat, legs now facing Daniel whilst her upper body twisted to face the much more amicable elf.

"Hey, stranger!" The smile that lit up Faraine's features were a complete 180 from the standoffish and stoic demeanor she gave off just minutes before, lips lifting into a smile to reveal sharp canines as one of her gloved hands playfully smacked the shorter girl's shoulder. It was a shame her friend was always so caught up with work, but Faraine knew that it was just one of her hobbies. The interaction between the two was short-lived as the blue-haired elf scampered off to assist other customers. Faraine couldn't even get another word in before hearing the familiar sound of dishes making contact with wood. In a hurry, she spun back around, golden eyes widened with excitement.

Faraine began to salivate at the sight. Steaming beef brisket with a heaping side of potatoes, and a tankard full of sweet-smelling mead. Taking a hold of the tankard, the half-giant took a few gulps of the honey mead before grabbing a fork and digging into the moist brisket, eyes closing in ectasy. For a few moments, she forgot about her new companion to her left, simply enjoying the relief of finally getting food in her system.

It didn't take long, but without saying a word to poor Daniel, Faraine finished her meal with a content sigh. For the first time in minutes, Faraine glanced over at the man to find that his helmet had been taken off, revealing a mess of gray hair covering matching cat ears. Honestly, his boyish expression wasn't exactly what she was expecting underneath the ornate armor. Golden eyes met grey ones, her brow arching, "Almost thought you were going to eat with the helmet on." A joke, delivered with a deadpan expression more akin to her attitude from earlier in the day.

Said attitude would shift again once she sensed someone reaching towards her. Damn pick-pocketers getting crafty. Faraine knew for a fact she cast a simple illusion spell on her coin pouch, but the greedy man that took a seat on her right must have been wearing enchanted glasses..

No matter.

Keeping a relaxed posture, her right hand swiftly took hold of the wrist that reached towards her, her arched brow now furrowed in irritation. It was a human, she could tell by how frail the bones of his wrist felt beneath her fingers. Slamming his hand onto the wooden bar, she finally turned to face the stranger. "Unless you would like a broken wrist and a one-way trip to the dungeons.. keep your grimy hands to yourself, filth." Her previously casual tone was replaced with venom, the human's hand nearly turning purple as she spoke. Any more force and his wrist would be broken, surely.

One of the barkeeps saw the confrontation take place, but did not interfere. Faraine knew that if it escalated any more, that she'd be potentially kicked out. Her eyes narrowed at the much smaller man, taking in as much of his appearance as she could. Black, slicked back hair showing off a fearful, pale face with blue eyes staring back at her, widened. Those same eyes looked over to the barkeep, "P-please ma'am! The Giantess here is hurting me! I did nothing to spark this!" He even peered over to Daniel with pleading eyes, "Sir! Help me, she's crazy! I simply meant to tap on her shoulder to say hello!" A blush adorned the man's pale cheeks, but Faraine wasn't buying it. Especially since she recognized the large, rounded glasses that sat atop the bridge of his nose.

The Giant rolled her eyes, still not releasing the grip on his wrist and making it a point to grab her coin pouch with her free hand, implementing a stronger blue spell to prevent anyone else from touching it. A slight blue glow emanated from her hand, and the pouch disappeared once again. "Well, hello." Sarcasm dripped upon each word, her expression unamused.
coded by natasha.

Kiara Solarius

IMG_7518.jpg

A job had brought her here to the city of Altair. She hadn't stepped foot here in quite some time and truthfully the last time she'd shown her face in the area it hadn't exactly been pretty. A bunch of things had been destroyed during the scuffle. This time would go better... probably. Hopefully. Cecil was off somewhere and she'd caught a whiff of her target so she stalked out a little early to find them.

Fast forward to the present -

Kiara’s breath was quiet and coming and going at a steady rhythm. Her tail, usually hyper and flickering visibly to and fro, was now laying idle by the stack of crates she was currently taking refuge behind. Those honey dipped eyes peered past the wooden slots. There was just enough space for her to be able to watch her target with an unwavering and piercing gaze. She’d been watching him for quite some time, following him throughout the city as he mingled and made his way through the busy streets. Her target? Some schmuck from the Blackmoon Syndicate.

Kiara didn’t tend to ask questions. She got a name and was given a description, even an item of theirs if available to make the hunt easier. If not, she began to track them, searching their usual haunts and going off the information at her disposal. A yawn was stifled behind a raised hand that soon rested itself on the edge of the box. Her fingers curled about it, nails only slightly splintering the wood beneath them. “ Koye… no. You’re not allowed to eat the other one. “ She spoke in a hushed whisper, not bothering to gaze at the lion whom was crouched just as stealthily beside her. “ Just a little closer.

That mop of amber hair, a color that rivaled her eyes, began to creep into view. Each step was bringing the duo she was watching and practically stalking within arms reach. Her body lowered itself, hair brushing against the dusty ground. Those strands rested there for a few seconds, collecting dirt but it didn’t bother her. Even her knees were getting scuffed up, preparing to use the ground as something to vault her forward quickly. It all happened in a blur. It only took a moment before her body was shooting out from her hidden place to go barreling towards the moving frame of Mikhail, arms outstretched and claws extended from her fingertips.

Koye bolted out and stopped the pair from the front, his head lowered and flashing a row of sharp teeth along a deathly and predatory gaze.

Interacting with; Mikhail Horror Horror Cash Money Thropian Thropian

≛ Luca Adesso
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 jupiter. jupiter. Mentions:
Luca raised his head as he heard a familiar voice, focusing his eyes. "I don't even know why I'm in a place like this, the wine here is undesirable." Luca said, closing his journal as she approached. He wasn't really in the mood for conversation, but he felt it would be rude to turn away a familiar face. "You can sit wherever you want, just make sure the seat isn't grimy. This place is quite dirty." Luca remarked, letting out a swath of smoke. He wasn't used to being inside a business of this type. He usually enjoyed himself at his own home, since his wine cellar was full of many good choices. Those choices being quite expensive in taste.

Before Luca could continue his conversation, a barmaid interrupted his thoughts. His gaze shifted over to her, a face of dismay showing. "I think I am good for now, if the water is anything like the wine I think I may throw up." Luca said, not mincing his words. He didn't plan on ordering another thing from this establishment, he didn't want to waste his money on something that might kill him. He shifted his gaze back to Mirianna, putting his pipe back up to his lips. "Do you want anything Mirianna? I'll cover you if you want anything." He offered, letting out smoke from the side of his mouth. Might as well be polite, even if the food and drink here might send you six feet under.

He furrowed his eyebrows as somebody joined in with the singing, causing him to be increasingly annoyed. "Do people always make it loud like that here? Why would someone ever go here to relax?" Luca remarked, trying to tune out the background. Being inside made all of the sounds worse as it caused things to be louder. The only thing allowing him to keep his sanity right now was the pipe in his hand.
code by @Nano

Mikhail

mood.

Anxious

[/comment]

location.

Altair Docks

-->

-->

-->

Each pearl that fell into his grasp caused his eyes to widen with a feverish glow. His voracious appetite for wealth was betrayed by the sinister grin that bled onto his face. His cheeks flushed with a ruddy hue that brightened with every breath. Even his posture seemed to shift as he leaned forward in anticipation—subconsciously attempting to bring himself closer to the source of his newfound riches.

As the steady stream of pearls from Sh'kashta’s hands dwindled to a halt, a noticeable change washed over Mikhail's expression. The sparkle that once danced within his eyes faded, replaced by a shadow of disappointment. However, just as quickly as the darkness had descended upon his face, Mikhail managed to catch himself. "Sh'kashta, my friend, it's wonderful that we can partake in this festival together," he enthused, his words laced with gratitude. "May this fortunate moment bring new luck and prosperity for both of us! Follow me and I’ll show you how to celebrate.

Turning to Sh'kash, he continued, "I have many stories to share." With an inviting gesture, he beckoned for her to tail him. “Let’s start with the time that I ran into a flying crocodile.” As they walked, Mikhail launched into his first story with unrestrained gusto, "The creature was enormous," he began, using his hands to illustrate the sheer size of the fabricated creature, "and it soared through the sky with its powerful wings, casting an enormous shadow upon the land bel—."

Mikhail, throughout his life, had worked in a profession that honed his instincts for detecting danger. While his senses were not supernatural, his experiences had sharpened his intuition to an almost uncanny level. Consequently, even while recounting the enthralling tale of the flying crocodile, he couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was amiss. This subtle yet persistent sensation caused a momentary pause in his storytelling. Something was watching him, but he did not know what.

As the subtle sounds of movement reached Mikhail's keen ears, he knew an imminent threat was approaching from somewhere unseen. Instinctively, he took a step back, simultaneously pulling Sh'kashta out of harm's way. The sudden action proved lifesaving, as a menacing silhouette emerged from the shadows, its outstretched claws diving through the air where Mikhail had been standing moments before.

Her golden tresses, wild and untamed, framed her face like waves of fire. Atop her crown, sat a pair of velvet-soft ears, similar to that of a feline. His mouth hung open in astonishment as he gazed upon the mysterious woman who had sought to bring him harm. In that moment of bewilderment, his mind raced to sift through the vast reservoir of his memories, searching for any semblance of an identity for this unexpected attacker. When he failed, he could only lift his arms in a protective guard.

"And you are?" he stammered, his voice wavering with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension. Even as he posed the question, he was subtly attempting to retreat from the situation. That dream was cut short by the arrival of her ally, a terrifying beast with pointed claws. Its hungry gaze was vicious enough to boil his demonic blood.

His mind was singularly focused on one goal: ensuring a safe retreat. However, amid this perilous confrontation, he was acutely aware of the constraints he faced. Utilizing black magic in a public setting was undeniably a disastrous choice, as it would not only draw unwanted attention but also potentially provoke the wrath of those who governed its use. As a consequence, Mikhail had to limit his spellcraft to the subtler magics within his repertoire.

Back down now, cat. Before you get hurt.” As he hummed with magical energies, his eyes briefly glowed with an otherworldly luminescence, betraying the unleashing of his magical prowess. Discordance. The spell, expertly crafted and specifically designed for situations such as these, targeted the mysterious woman's emotional state. It sought out any vestiges of fear or greed that she may have harbored, even if they lay hidden beneath the surface. Once identified, the spell would amplify those emotions, causing them to swell and possibly consume her thoughts.

I’m not sure who sent you, but maybe we can talk … come to an agreement. We can offer a lot more than money.” Mikhail pointed to the shimmering crescent moon that adorned the lapel of his attire, a subtle indication that there were illicit products he could offer—should this fierce predator hold any interest.

-->

1679094352304.png
Location: The Crow's Cage (Outside) > Passing by the Braze'N'Bold
1679094280193.png
It was a perfectly normal day in the city of Altair. Silva Skye stood waiting for the arrival of a delivery drop off right outside her workplace. While this seemed like a menial task, Dr Crow assured her it was anything but that. She thought back to the EXACT words he spoke regarding the importance of this task. "It is VERY important that you ENSURE this delivery arrives INTACT. The ingredients contained within the package are of the highest quality! The brews I can concoct with that stuff could very well decide the future of this very shop!" So that being said Silva was taking this job very seriously and waited patiently for the delivery to arrive. However the delivery was an hour late and Silva was starting to run out of patience. For such an important package to be this much later than the designated time didn't bode well and so she decided to start making her way towards the docks where the cargo ships arrive. "I swear I don't get paid enough for this..." Regardless she sets off. On the way there she passed by the Braze'N'Bold tavern, the sound of the haughty crowd within reaching her ears. She'd never noticed this tavern before but as tempted as she was, she decided against going for a drink while she was still on the clock.

She was prepared to keep moving until her eyes landed on a man running down the street, seemingly in a panic. He stopped right in front of her totally out of breath. With a blank expression she looked at the man. "Is everything alright sir?" She asked. "I-I am being chased! Please call the guards some hooligans are trying to steal my delivery!" As if right on Queue two other men, seemingly human, ran up clearly in pursuit of something. "Ha! Finally had enough running? Then I think we'll be taking that package of yours. It's sure to be worth a lot!" Clearly it didn't a genius to figure out what was going on here. This must be the late package for her boss but a bunch of thieves were trying to get to it first. Shameful scum trying to make it in this world by taking from others. Unfortunately for them they picked the wrong target this time. "(Sigh) Entrust the package to me sir. I have your payment here. I'm working for the man that ordered this." "Oh thank the stars!" With a very hasty exchange the delivery man took off, leaving Silva to deal with the thieves.

"I am afraid you two are too late, the exchange has been made. So I trust you will be on your way no?" The thieves laughed their prize still clearly within reach in their eyes. "What? Just because you have the package you think we can't just take it from you instead!? It's two guys vs one girl! Going by your lab coat I'm sure you can do the math here!" Silva sighed again disappointed yet not all that surprised that her attempt to avoid violence doesn't seem to be working. "Yes I am quite capable of doing the math and I can assure you the odds are stacked quite heavily against you. Has no one ever told you to never judge a book by it's cover?" Instantly their expression went from confident to irritated. "What? You delusional or somethin'? As much as I don't wanna mess up that pretty face it looks like I gotta teach ya a lesson... Leave this one to me..." The second thief chimed in. "Yeah you show her!" by now there was already quite the commotion outside the tavern even those inside were peering out the windows to see the action. The few who have actually met the girl before actually more concerned for the thieves. "... I seriously do not get paid enough for this..."

The overworked assistant plopped the package down on the ground and prepared. Thief number one started charging winding up the most obvious haymaker she's seen. Right as the thief got close, Silva gracefully stepped to the side, dodging the punch completely, taking advantage of his confusion she gripped his arm with beastly strength and flipped him right over to collide his head with the ground, knocking him clean out. "Honestly why does everyone always have to resort to violence to solve everything." She turned to thief number two who was utterly dumbstruck and equally terrified. "So you want to take a shot? Or are you actually going to try using that head of yours." The thief didn't utter a word. Instead turning tail and leaving his friend behind. "... Smart choice." Acting as if nothing happened she picked up the package, taking one more look at the bar she was even more tempted than before. "I really should come back here once I'm off the clock..."

Interactions: (open for anyone who witnessed the commotion)​

Last edited:
Thomas Edevane and Viasia Fistheart
Lunch time
At the Braze'N'Bold

A young Beastman maid slowly walked down the long hallway toward the master suite of the Edevane household. She quietly opened the door to not wake her noble masters, slowly examining the room from left to right. Seeing that Thomas was not in his bed as she looked more toward the right, she saw that the door to his study was open and candlelight gleamed through the doorway. She swiftly walked to Mary Edevane, who was still in a deep slumber on the silk-sheeted bed. Before the maiden could do anything she heard a deep voice from behind her. Thomas carefully sat his hand on her shoulder and said, “Let her sleep a little bit more. She was up all night writing her novel.” The young maid nodded in agreement and saw her way out.

The Noble kneeled down next to the bed and slowly ran his fingers across his wife’s soft face. He admired her beauty which made him smile. Soon his smile began to fade for he knew that he had to start his day. He quickly got his clothes on which were a white three-piece suit. “This weather is completely lovely. The gods have blessed us with such a day.” He flounced to the front door. Two knights stood outside waiting to escort him and his daughter to town. Awaiting at the carriage was Viasia. She had been waiting there once she heard that her Lord was up. “Good afternoon, Lord Edevane. You look great today,” she said with a soft tone. “Oh Vi, how is one of my favorite girls doing today?” Thomas said as he pats her on the head. She leaned away from the elf. “Im not a kid anymore.” “You are still young compared to me, so you are still a kid,” Thomas said as both of them got in the carriage.

As the carriage stopped by the tavern, the old elf asked Viasia a question, “Why would my daughter work in a place like this? It is as dirty as a wild beast-man.” Vi tried not to take offense to her master’s statement. She knew he didn't mean her but he could have at least picked another metaphor. “To be frank with you my lord, this is one of the cleaner taverns in the city. I go here on my time off.” The Noble look at the Tavern again and thought, Well at least it’s cleaner than a stable.

As he walked into the old tavern for the commonwealth, the first thing he noticed was a musky smell that was so bad it was like you could taste it. So, this is the shithole you've been working in, my dear Elora. He thought that no one would leave the lifestyle he currently lived for the shit one that he knew as a child. It would be like trading a ruby for a pile of dirt. He looked across the room and saw his lovely daughter taking the orders. He walked over to a table that was off to the side, in order to not be a distraction or cause trouble for his special little girl. Once Thomas and Vi sat down the two knights stood next to the table. Vi called one of the barmaids, that wasn't Elora, over to take their order.
Others in the BB
Code by Nano

Ciaran
Braze'n'Bold

Ciaran chuckled lightly at the barmaid's admission. "I heard nothing~," he averred with a dramatic shrug and a sing-songy tone. Truth be told, he would probably sneak a sip or two himself, were he in her position with access to a glorious stock of wines and ales.

Taking a drink of the wine, he let out a relaxed sigh. A sudden motion in his peripheral vision made his ears prick up. He whipped his head around reflexively, copper hair trailing behind it. A giantess sitting a few seats over, next to a fellow quarter-beastman and a fairy, threatened to break a man's wrist. Judging by the upward motion Ciaran saw, this stranger wasn't aiming for her shoulder as he claimed in his whining. The peculiar eyewear and the tough lady's display of magic only confirmed his suspicion—magic glasses to see a hidden purse. The herbalist's sense of right and wrong stirred his legs to move.

"I hate to mind the business of others," Ciaran interjected, thankful to be nosy for once, "but a keen eye can poke enough holes to sink your story." Motioning between them with his fingers together, he continued, "I vouch for her and urge you: give her the peace of mind to release your poor, purple wrist and go before she makes good on her promise." The giantess's deadpan look told him she was the type to not threaten—only promise, so he chose his vocabulary accordingly. His own serious expression and a gesture towards the door with his eyes pleaded with the pickpocket to cease his shenanigans.

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa
Mentions: jupiter. jupiter. Firelie Firelie

Last edited:
Let the celebrations begin!
Tags: Hubert Horror Horror A Fuzzy One Kyuubey Kyuubey

Hubert's change in demeanor about the pearls went completely missed by Sh'Kashta, focused as she was on adjusting her necklaces with the change of weight. Her attentions were returned to him as he beckoned her into the city, leading with tales of adventure. She knew his recounting would be fascinating enough, and she pulled a small book from the folds of her robe.

She had just begun to carve the first symbol of his story when he wild gesturing shoved her back a step. Their fortunes and luck were clearly already growing, as this accidental stumble shoved them out of the path of some rushing festival goers. These rushing ones came to a halt to face Hubert and Sh'Kashta, as though they recognized them. Must be they know Hubert, or perhaps they overheard the stories being told.

Sh'Kashta turned to face the very fuzzy one, since Hubert was talking to the young lady. Fuzzy was smiling quite a bit, very friendly. Perhaps he only wanted to join their tour through the festival. It would be polite to offer him that opportunity, so she knelt down as he was, smiled much the way he was, and asked "You want to go?"

Elora.png
1679281207521.png
Slav Slav jupiter. jupiter. Jackaboi Jackaboi

Looking between both the Man and his companion, she listened to his words as they came at her sharp like a knife. He really didn't appreciate decent food did he? Taking a look at his outfit with her golden gaze, she remained composed He clearly is someone who would belong in a more high classed location. But alas I must serve as he is the customer. "We have many different drinks, I understand that the one we've given you may have not been up to par to another drink at another location. However we can always get you water if you'd like. I promise it's okay." little did he know she was also of a similar class due to her own family. Yes, she may be less picky, but even she herself didn't think the food here was that bad. Sometimes it was so extraordinary that she'd eat lunch here. Looking at the girl across from him, she gave a warm smile "You may take your time, I could always come back." she assured her before returning to the white-haired male to explain the loudness. "In the Braze'n'Bold, we find this kind of thing free entertainment. It's perfectly understandable if you don't like it. It's not for everyone."

Looking out the window right next to the table, she noticed there was commotion going on outside as well. "Excuse me a moment." stepping away from the table, she walked toward the wide open front doors and noticed a redheaded girl with a man that was knocked out on the ground. Did she take care of him herself? it seemed she was also clutching something in her arms as if she was getting robbed before kicking this man's butt. "Are you okay Miss?" the elf asked, her ears perking up a bit "Do you need some water? Especially after...Well..." she gestured down to the man who was knocked out cold on the ground. No doubt he deserved that if he was trying to rob the girl. Maybe I should get a guard to take him away...But that's up to her if she wants to report that to them. "We can get a guard too if you want if he was trying to rob you?"

Cecil.png
1679340870015.png

Cecil had been out on her mission since the night before. Of course, informing her sister where she was going, but not informing her of how long it would take. Cecil was The Lioness. She loved to stalk her prey and even play around when she had the chance just to make her mission the more entertaining. It was why she decided to head out asap to get this taken care of at the butt crack of dawn. Her mission contained getting something back for her client, an important Heirloom that was worth as much as platinum. Of course, with that price tag on it, Cecil took the job with the reward of 50 Gold. Her location was inside of an estate on the outer ends of Altair, where a group of men had gathered for the night, talking down on her client and saying even the most foul and inappropriate of things. Of course, this made Cecil sick to her stomach but made the kill most delectable. Her target was the head of the group, he wore that Heirloom around his neck as if it was his prize to collect.

Little did he know he was going to face the consequences of robbing her client. She waited, prowled, and would be licking her chops every now and again. Her mind filling with all different sorts of techniques to absolutely remove the man from the world. But, alas, the Client's request was to retrieve the Heirloom, not to kill the man who took it. However, they didn't tell her to not hurt him. So Cecil was going to punish him for his cruel ways. The Lioness snuck into the building, using her reflexes and her skills to move as quietly as she could, ears detecting anything within the halls. Eventually she found the man in his chambers, where a smirk tugged her lips and she quietly slipped inside while removing her jacket over her arms and dropping it to the ground.

Cecil got on all floors and had suddenly pounced straight for the bed, knowing her target was going to pay his price.

~~~

The Silver-haired woman had returned back to where she and her sister had been staying but did not find her (though she did have her bounty reward for sure). Luckily being a beastmen, she was able to sniff around and only pick up her sister's scent and nothing more. Which meant she did not have a scuffle with anyone or was in immediate danger. However, it didn't stop her from worrying about her younger sister after all they've been through. From childhood, to now. "I wonder if she may have got a tip on her recent mission." on the prowl for her sister, she followed the scent through the various amounts of different foods that tried to take over and maybe even body odor from others. Altair got busier the more she moved in but Cecil didn't mind that. After all, she was the life of the party if she had some downtime.

Her stomach began to rumble and it was beginning to become more difficult to ignore as she got closer to a tavern called...The Braze'n'Bold? There was laughter and singing coming from inside so no doubt there was already fun going on. There was also a few people standing out front where a man had been knocked out cold. With a raised eyebrow, she tilted her head slightly, one of her ears flicking atop her head before she decided to move toward the building. That was before someone rushed past her and rushed into the tavern Must be a popular joint. I'm gonna have to try it and test the quality. Sniffing the air a few more times, she definitely picked up her sister somewhere, which meant if she was in need, Cecil was here to help her out.

Last edited:
faraine zolas
human nature
Braze n' Bold
ready for a drink
pls refer to photo
interactions

Goonfire Goonfire , mentions Daniel jupiter. jupiter.
"I hate to mind the business of others..." Strange, yet expected. Of course another patron would become a spectator of this rather annoying ordeal. Especially now that the raven-haired pickpocket was doing as much as he could to draw more attention to himself and look like the victim. Straining himself, tugging, grunting, the works. It looked a bit pathetic, but she supposed it was the best the man could muster up. Better to look frail and pitiful than guilty.

Faraine glanced over at the beastperson as he spoke, her expression remaining deadpan as he kept talking. "I vouch for her and urge you: give her the peace of mind to release your poor, purple wrist and go before she makes good on her promise." Faraine was still confused. She clearly did not need help, so why bother and risk getting kicked out with the pair? The bounty hunter looked up to meet the person's heterochromatic eyes, narrowing in suspicion for only a moment or so before speaking to him,

"You can spare the dramatics." Unamused , her golden gaze returned to eye the thief, pale fingers releasing their vice grip from the culprit's wrist. The human shuddered in relief, bringing the sprained wrist close to his chest, as if that would save it from being snatched again.

"Nasty, hideous thing, you are.." The human spat, blue eyes narrowing behind the large circular glasses he adorned. "A man cannot even say hello these days." He stood up off of the barstool, letting his weight push the chair back loudly against the floor. Faraine rolled her eyes, turning away from him so that she was facing the bar once more. He kept muttering incoherent, angry utterings but all the Giantess could make out was "And they wonder why the humans loathe you beasts."

The disdain for creatures stronger than them was not a human trait that Faraine was unfamiliar with, but they typically were not so bold. Regardless, none of the comments he made caused her to flinch. In fact, she simply glanced over at the nosy beastkind again. "Do you always intervene in other people's business?" Her tone was unbothered, yet curious. Before the stranger could respond, she turned to the barmaid, noticing she was given a refill without requesting one. The hunter gave the barmaid a curt nod of appreciation before bringing the tankard to her lips once more.

With everything that had happened, the Giantess had nearly forgotten that Daniel was still there, interrupted by an unfortunate stranger. Honestly, Faraine figured he would have dipped, considering they had only met a mere hour or so ago. She thought to herself,

How odd.
coded by natasha.

Olfa

The soft wind rustled the canvas cover of Olfa's wagon. The river breeze cooled the air in the wagon as the sleeping bear awoke to the temperature difference. It was time to move. Time to get back on the long road he had to travel, selling wares, humors, and the grandest brews anyone had ever tasted. Aged wine, perfected mead, wonderful ales, and some purer crop spirits, something he has yet to name but loves to call "Oldleck". This clear drink burnt to the core, yet could not be described as anything other then pure. Its smell burnt of a badly mixed bourbon, but it truly gave the drinker a run for their money. The clear body was deceiving, and even more deceiving was the ingredients. Corn and sugar? Surely they couldn't make something so, up roaringly rough. But they did. Oldleck, a native language derived word literally translating to "withering sip", was something Olfa discovered on accident, trying to make some less costly spirits for his customers. It was his crowning brew, and he gladly displayed it for all to try.

Pushing past his love for his brewing techniques, Olfa went to check on his two Bison. They chewed on many of the weeds and grasses around the wagon, raising their heads to their owner's resurgence from the wagon. They grunted, going back to their food. As they ate, Olfa donned them with halters and mouth bites. They were not happy about being stopped in the middle of eating, but soon grew over it and headed to the front of the wagon where they were to be tied to the tongue of the wagon. The heavy leather straps tied into their halters and thick ropes clipped and tied into the tongue and halter. Olfa went over his inventory and packed up his rolled out bedroll. The wagon itself had a lot in it, but still offered just enough room to sleep the large beastman. Packed up and ready, Olfa headed off towards the port of Whitshell. It was a long treck, and truly wasn't even a Whitshell port. It was a Rillia port, but almost all Whitshellian travelers used it exclusively. It was very much more south of the Whitshell capital and wasn't the most populated area by the fishmen of the area. But they did occasionally come upon the harbor or dockyard to trade and make sure their lands were safe. As the beeastman road the wagon, the trail seemed to turn into a winding road of blind corners and thick brush. The vegetation broke the vision of the road and as the group was turning a corner, a band of 8 ne'er do wells blocked the road, their faces obscured and their blades drawn.

Slowing the wagon down, Olfa raised his hands in surrender and yelled out to the bandits
"I don't have much of value. You wont find much but drinks and humors"
The group scoffed and the first bandit yelled to the bear
"We don't care what you say, come off the wagon you got there and let us corroborate that story of yours."
Olfa did as told and kept his hands raised. The group came and secured his hands together with thick hemp rope and went on to check his wagon. They searched for what seemed to be about 2o minutes, not finding much but a small pouch of coins. The pouch contained a good few copper coins, a couple silver coins and two gold coins. The minted faces on them were still semi-shiny, giving the impression these were still new. Pulling out the coins, the bandits snickered and looked to Olfa with a disappointed expresion.
"Well, my passive friend, you seem to have been lying. I found some value. Some pretty damn good value too."
Shaking the baggie of coins in front of Olfa, he laughed in his face, his crew joining in. The first bandit once more talked to Olfa but much more closely now, his face nearly pressed against Olfa's. His breath reeked of cabbage and onion, his gritty teeth dripping with saliva as he talked ominously to Olfa.
"If you ever come for us, try to come for us, or even think about it, we will slay your helpless furry ass without a second thought. You are a dead man walking if you ever think to come for us, runt."
As the man pulled back from talking in the ear of Olfa, the beastman caught a glimpse of the man's tattoo on his neck. It seemed almost like an eyeball, but as he looked closer, it turned int0 something much more sinister. It was a long peacock feather, the center cluster of black and iridescent rings in plain view. Just at the sight of it, the world began to fade. It was almost instant for Olfa. His mind shut, his eyes dimmed, his body went weak for just a moment. In this moment, something else, something autonomous, awakened and took control. The first bandit was still laughing and turned his back to Olfa, if you could still call him by his peaceful name., readying to leave with his riches and celebrate with his bandits. The newly enraged Olfa did not let his enemies escape though.

Breaking his restraints easily, the enraged Olfa stood among the bandits, towering over them now as they stopped dead in their tracks, many turning quickly to face the feral bear. As the leader turned, the pouch in his hand dropped as he sheepishly smiled and tried to talk his way out. He did try to speak but did not get that far as Olfa swiped his head full force with his paw and claws. The sharp edges dug and ripped to the bone, almost fully cutting the head of the man off his shoulders. He fell down and gushed blood from his many new holes. His thieving friends drew their weapons again and began their assault on Olfa. Blades were slashed with and hilts held fast, but nothing could stop the monstrosity they unleashed unknowingly. A few more swipes and only one bandit stood alone, his comrades obliterated into cut flesh and bags of blood pooling on the dirt below. The lone bandit began to run, Olfa in tow before the hurdling beast stopped in his tracks, a notable tune playing from the windchime hung on the back of his wagon. Its soft metal walls chimed in the air and brought a conscious Olfa back into existence. The scene was one all to familiar to Olfa, the blood, guts, and bodies galore gave shame to Olfa. He was not one for this violence but a scar too deep meant he could not help it. A festered wound long burried. He needed something more physically able to hold that back. And from then, Olfa decided he needed a partner for the road. But not one of flesh and bone. One of steel and aura. One that is sworn to loyalty. From this, Olfa had began his use of a more recently learned skill, Golem making. Grabbing steel tools and pieces from the cart, not much but hopefully enough to give life to the golem he so required. Channeling his energy and focus, he chanted and called out spells, memorized scripts and pieces. As hours passed, finally it was complete. A steel figure rose, a sword of unimaginable length in hand. The golem looked to his creator and waited, blankly. Olfa thought for a moment and pointed to the golem saying one word. "Tinker"

Olfa rode his wagon down the cobbled road, many passerby's on the sidewalk giving no mind to the mobile brewery. As his cart went on, he was observing the town among him. This was Altair. A bustling city with many people and many decorative and amazing features among it. The walls and people and homes all made an amazing scenery. It seemed so, surreal. A town of so many people with an essence of locality to it. It wasn't the forest, it wasn't home, but it felt like it could be. As the time and distance past, Olfa came upon a tavern, an odd name he hadn't read before. The "Braze And Bold". Of course that wasn't the actual name but, it was the only way to read it for Olfa. It had some kind of outside commotion, something that looked like he could help with but didn't have a total interest in doing anything just yet. But then, the idea popped into his head. This place, this shop is the exact spot he needed to supply his works. Hell, maybe his Oldleck could be something that would be bought by the owner. It seemed, magically perfect. Probably coincidental but maybe this was a sign of fate. This almost made Olfa jump out of his cart and grab a few samples of his many drinks from the wagon. Coming out of it he tried to look for someone who would help, finding an odd cat lady among the outside crowd but removed from the seemingly busy main one.

Approaching the lady, Olfa held onto the drinks to make sure the many jars didn't drop. He huffed as some scrapes and small cuts bled through his fur. They didn't hurt but they seemed to wear Olfa out just from exhaustion, but it could be the long ride he had. He wasn't sure, but he held on so he could ask the nice lady in front of him. As he began to talk, the menacingly large golem came out from the wagon, the wheels creaking in relief from the weight. The wagon went back to the correct level and seemed to almost jump. Through that, the heavy, towering, steel guard came behind Olfa with no expressed sound or motion, standing there, stone faced.
"Hello miss, I was wondering. Would you happen to know where the owner of this nice "Braze and Bold" is? I have a few drinks they may be interested in."
Olfa smiled and gestured to the many bottles in his hand and chuckled as he wavered slightly standing, and hoping her response would be quickly met to him so he didn't pass out in front of her. Would not be good for his business if she saw the owner and producer of the finest meads and melds passing out on the cold cobble.

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 (Cecil)

Ciaran
Braze'n'Bold

The giantess didn't seem too enthused with the herbalist's intervention. "No dramatics here; call them, um... 'clever observations'?" he retorted jovially, beaming innocently at the two warring parties.

With the situation de-escalating and the lady questioning the extent of his nosiness, he gracefully weaved around the thief and stole his seat, drink in hand. "Nay... but I can't stand the whining of a bloody thief." He shot a disgusted sideways glance at the back of that scumbag's head. "Truly, what did he think would happen with a bounty hunter?" She was a complete stranger to him and vice-versa, but he somehow knew what she was. "The name's Ciaran, by the way. No surname." His shorter stature and relatively dainty, effeminate motions as he savored the wine spoke volumes. He was not a physical threat, by any means—a wise-ass, maybe, but not a tough guy.

Knowing his relocation may cause some confusion, Ciaran also watched for Elora and waved to her when she glanced his way. That way, she knew he was still there, just in a different seat.

Interactions: leviohsa leviohsa Britt-21 Britt-21

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Brenna Opalsong
Owner and operator of Opalescence
INTERACTIONS: Elof & Thomas

Brenna hadn't even noticed the fact that her food had arrived as well as that glass of milk she'd requested until Elof had begun to dig into his own order. Pretty busy day today and lots of distractions, that would be her excuse as to why she'd let her food just sit there, though now she picked up a fork and began to dig in, the rumble of her stomach a clear indicator that she'd been hungrier than she'd thought. She scarfed down the meal at a speed far too dangerous to recommend to anybody, something that generally only those close to her might witness, and only in the comfort of her apartment, though with Elof next to her doing to same thing she felt more comfortable in letting herself do it.

As she finished the last morsels on her plate she noticed that Elof had kept pace with her, or rather that she'd kept pace with him given the fact that he'd started before her. She was just about to down the cool glass of milk when suddenly Elof's finger went up and he turned from her and let out a large belch. She couldn't help giggle before tilting the glass back and downing the refreshing milk. Much needed. She listened as he excused himself, or tried to it seemed, "Yes, I can imagine most probably wouldn't like it, so thank you for your politeness." She said with a curt nod. She noticed he trailed off after starting to explain how she'd need to speak with his captain, his attention had apparently been caught by a tall figure clad in armor that had traipsed over to the bar next to a giantess and a fairy. Interesting grouping. She might have inquired as to if Elof knew the man, but as she'd been looking over that way as well she caught the sight of somebody all too familiar to her own eyes.

Thomas Edevane, just the man she needed to speak with. She let Elof finish his thought and gave a small nod, "I'll definitely keep that in mind. And I never forget a name or a face, so if ever the need occurs I'll ask for you by name, sound good? Now you'll have to excuse me a moment, sweetheart, I've got some business to tend to." And with that the dwarf threw some money next to her plate and nodded towards whatever barkeep might be closest, "For mine and his. I've got you for lunch, Elof, as thanks for the conversation and company - anything else you order is on you though. I'll be seeing you 'round." That said, Brenna hopped off the barstool she'd claimed and made for the table that Thomas had seated himself at, a hand hovering over her right hip where the bag containing his cut was tied to her belt.

"How d'you do, Thomas? Fine day, isn't it?" She greeted, motioning with her hand at the seat across from him, an obvious gesture asking if she could seat herself. Without waiting for an answer she pulled the wooden chair away from the table and hopped in it. "How's the family?"

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Daniel Sorroughs
Adventurer
INTERACTIONS: Faraine & Ciaran

Though he'd heard the teasing comment Faraine had lobbed at him regarding his greeting to Elof, not much mattered to the man as soon as the plate of food had been placed in front of him. A rumbling stomach gave way to any words he might have said and rather than indulge his social urges the man simply removed his helmet and began to dig into the meal. It truly was quite good, the unspoken hero of the tavern as he saw it. Within moments it was gone and he was chugging the glass of water he'd asked for as well. Almost thought you were gonna eat with the helmet on. Another playful comment, though before he could respond to her wiry little human reaching for her purse, or as Daniel had seen it, reaching for nothing.

He cocked his head at the scene, though quickly understood once Faraine grabbed the man by the wrist with clear intent on breaking it. Though apparently the giantess had some self-restraint, because Danny could not make out the sound of snapping bones, a sound he knew all too well. Within a moment the man was pleading with a barkeep, and when that did nothing for him he'd looked to Danny, though his eyes would only be met by a look of disdain and a light frown. Danny shook his head and tensed his muscles as if he was about to make a move for the man though before he could he was interrupted by the sight of another bar patron, and a fellow beastman.

Danny let himself relax and leaned back against the bar as the man spoke, urging the two to separate, albeit with underhanded remarks towards the thief. If there was one thing Danny hated it was a thief so you'd find no words of support from him, though clearly Faraine was somebody who could take care of herself. Danny honestly wasn't sure why he'd even thought to help, perhaps it was because Faraine was the first person in this city to show him a kindness, and Danny didn't easily forget even the smallest of good deeds.

The man listened listlessly as more words were exchanged between the trio and eventually Faraine was back at the bar, though so was the interrupting stranger. Ciaran. "Hate thieves." The man remarked coldly, eyeing Faraine with a touch of concern, though he knew it was unwarranted and likely unwelcome. "That happen a lot around here?" He asked, nodding to both Faraine and Ciaran. He was new here, and it seemed the two of them had a much better lay of the land and culture. "Daniel, by the way." He uttered to Ciaran.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Mirianna Grenspeck
Viridian Way Prodigy
INTERACTIONS: Luca & Elora

"Not surprising, it's a tavern, Luca, they specialize in common beer and other swill, nothing quite up to par for our usual tastes." She said, grabbing the seat across from him and sliding it out from under the table. She'd just about seated herself completely when Elora had come over inquiring as to if Luca could be better helped. Luca offered to pay and that was all the prompting that Miri needed, even if Luca couldn't stand the place, and truthfully neither could she, her needs could be met here and Miri was a girl who enjoyed being taken care of.

"Ah yes, I'll take a cup of your strong-" She'd started to say though she was promptly cut off by the barmaid hurrying off outside. She threw her hands up in disbelief, "I cannot believe this. The service around here is god awful!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms and huffing dramatically. Not only was this shithole loud and full of drunks, thieves, and lowlifes, but she couldn't even get service!

"Truly appalling, and I don't think any soul would ever come here to relax, they come here to drown out their misfortunes and swing at things to get their anger out." She huffed, still absolutely flabbergasted. The look of disgust on her face was now akin to the one on Luca's and clearly the half-elf was unhappy. Seeing that face another barkeep had scurried over, extremely apologetic and shaking a touch, it seemed this one might know her name, or Luca's, and feared what may happen if either left particularly scorned. "Thank the gods. Yes, bring me your strongest drink, now." She practically growled, prompting the other barkeep to hurry back towards the bar and return swiftly with a cup of foul-smelling though certainly strong beer.

Miri took a sip and cringed at the taste. She coughed and took another swig, and then another, until eventually the cup was empty. Her brow furrowed and her throat burned as she swallowed the last bits, shaking her head and frowning. "God awful, but it does the trick."

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Vidius Unber
Blackmoon Syndicate Smuggler & Enforcer
INTERACTIONS: Mikhail, Sh'Kashta, & Kiara

The steady rocking of the boat that he was aboard made it difficult for Vidius to make out exactly what he was seeing in the mirror in his hand. It was dark, three figures cloaked in shadow stood in a circle around a pillar, one was facing what appeared to be a small rectangular mirror and Vidius could feel the eyes on him as if they were burning into his skin. He looked up from the mirror and at the wooden wall that he was facing, expecting to see words appear within a moment, though none came. He looked back down at the mirror and stared at the pillar between the three, manifesting mana in his fingertip and writing a short message in the air that appeared on the pillar before them. Word from Three? He'd written before letting his gaze shift back onto the three he was watching.

None. The word etched itself into the wall, glowing blue before disappearing after 30 seconds. Damn. Must be on another bender. Contact when you hear from him. Vidius responded before setting the mirror down on the desk he was sitting at. It wouldn't be the first time Cirili and Yula had disappeared together, it was a common occurrence, though one Vidius was getting fed up with. He slammed his fist into the table before sighing and standing, making his way out of his quarters and up onto the deck of the ship. "Captain, what is our estimate?" He called up, reaching for the banister to his right and making his way up the stairs towards the wheel of the ship.

The rough looking captain of the ship gave a grunt and flicked his hand outwards, scraggly digits pointing to an ever-encroaching dock. "Couple minutes." He muttered, his breath hot and vile. Vidius crinkled his nose and stepped away quickly, his head shaking as he fought off the urge to gag. "Good. Made it here fine, seems like my services weren't needed. When we dock I'll be moving on, contact the Syndicate sect here and move the shipment - if you're caught, you don't know my name and I was never here." Vidius knew all too well that he had been meant to stay with that shipment, but he'd keep an eye on it from afar, he had other business to attend to as soon as they hit the docks. And it certainly wouldn't be the first shipment that the Syndicate lost, if something happened it would be the Captain's neck who would have a boot on it, Vidius would make sure of that.

Within 10 minutes the boat had been dragged into dock and tied off, prompting Vidius to swiftly exit the boat. He hated traveling by sea, mostly because of the kinds of people that line of work drew in. He knew a great many sailors who were absolutely disgusting and vile creatures and he made it a point to avoid them if he could, though a job was a job and the Syndicate had been worried due to whispers of a pirate fleet around the waters of Altair.

Vidius' sole purpose of being aboard that vessel was as muscle, an entity who could take care of what those ill-trained sailors couldn't. But alas, he hadn't been needed, and the riffraff could take care of the rest. He was here looking for somebody, an old friend, somebody he cared for. And it seemed that luck was on his side, though perhaps not so much on his friend's. There was a scene going down at the docks, a merfolk, a man who looked to be human, lions and a woman with ears to match the beast's. Though still a ways away, Vidius had begun a swift course over to the group and he saw the flash of Mikhail's eyes and the man brandishing the moon. Mikhail was in trouble, and that certainly wasn't something Vidius could abide by.

As the giant grew closer he let his right hand reach behind his back to grip the handle of his mallet, ready to brandish the weapon if things went sideways quickly. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's all calm down for a second. Do we have a problem here?" Somehow his voice was dripping with honey, yet had an undertone of venom.

Cecil.png
1679504576945.png
Tarot of Death Tarot of Death

Cecil's tail flicked before she noticed someone approaching her. Another fellow beastmen who held many different bottles in his hands, and not far behind him was a large Golem that put her on the defense. She was very unsure of what that thing was gonna do, and she sure as hell wasn't gonna be caught off guard. Her eyes shifted from the Golem and back to the bear "Unfortunately I wouldn't know of the owner itself. But I do know that the Tavern is right here." she pointed to the building that had the wide open doors and in bold letters up top was "BRAZE'N'BOLD". While informing him of this, she scanned the bear, noticing he looked a little roughened up and... light sniff was that dried blood? He smells like metal, no doubt that's blood... Unless its the Golem behind him that smells like that. Cecil's eyes narrowed before once again looking at the bear as he seemed a bit off. "I'll help you carry these inside, however." she grabbed them from the bear, but also being careful in the process.

"Maybe you should sit inside and get some damn water in your system, Big Bear. Look a little rough, not gonna lie." looking at his friend, she did mention him "I don't think your friend here is gonna even remotely fit inside the building. He might take it down if anything." her gaze shifted to the entrance of the building, yes it was bigger than most but... Mmm...He might be able to just barely fit? I don't know what it's like inside so it might be safe or unsafe. Either way, don't want this place to be knocked down when I'm absolutely starved. her stomach growled once again and she groaned "Let's just head inside. We'll find the owner in there surely. If not then we can just sit and hang out. Maybe I can figure out what you're tryin' to sell here. Are they special drinks or something?" she asked, slowly moving toward the Braze'n'Bold. Kinda indicating to him that she was going to move along inside with him and his product. Maybe she could buy one of these off him and take a taste. Though she wanted to know his price.

"If you don't follow me I'll consider these mine~"
she teased with a laugh and continued to slowly move towards the building.​

Olfa
Olfa nodded as the nice lady took some of his jugs and bottles. They weren't all too heavy as there were just so many to carry, even for the large bear himself. He appreciated the help. With as helpful and listening as Tinker was, his steel body wasn't much for companionship or living warmth. It was an odd paradox. Like a dog. The best partner but the worst companion. Olfa tried not to think too deep into it as his new helper talked to him again

"Big Bear. Huh. My mother used to call my father that. As for me, yes, I can feel my many acquired cuts ache and my poor cramped joints creak. These long travels take their toll." Olfa chuckled and touched his most major cut, not too large or deep, but enough to draw a little blood. Damn broken glass and windstorms do not mix well for the hunk of fur and flesh that was Olfa. With the mention of Tinker, he nodded with a smile and looked to his golem.
"Yes I am afraid you are right. Poor guy will need to sit out here. Don't think he could join us for our drinks" Olfa motioned for Tinker to stand outside near the door as him and Cecil moved on inside. The girl teased about his drinks smiled faintly in a feeling of approval over his drinks. They were special to him but maybe only special in regard that they were well made.

"Well I can't let you run away with them but I would say they are well made. Maybe not so special as they are just something I put my life into. There is one product I have that may just be your "special" you wonder about though." The bear raised his finger as he mentioned his Oldleck. His personal concoction he was still very proud of. He followed the girl step by step, not so much leaning as he was huffing from the long trip. He was hungry, and that water mentioned surely sounded like the best thing in the world right now. Even over his amazing mead.

Holding the door for his helper, Olfa smiled both from the niceness of the girl but also the tavern. It was home. Somewhere that he always knew at heart. A bar of good popularity it seemed and a nice interior. A few rowdy people and some open entertainment. It was, grounding for him. His towering golem standing near also applied some kind of security, some kind of assurance that his outbursts would not be something to fear this time. That maybe, just maybe, the people he meets here wont end with bloodshed and horror beyond comprehension. He silently thanked his guardian for that.
"You know, most people usually find me a bit too intimidating to help out. I appreciate the help young lady. Though you gotta tell me your name, can't call you cat girl forever."
Britt-21 Britt-21 (Cecil)​

Cecil.png
1679535322683.png
Tarot of Death Tarot of Death @ everyone

"Sounds like to me that you need a nurse there Big Bear. Got all sorts of problems popping up there, huh?" the Lioness joked while slipping inside the tavern with the bear's help. Light-colored eyes scanned the tavern and found a table in which the pair she could sit at. Once luckily spotted, she hurried over to prevent anyone from taking their spot and put the bottles upon the table. It was loud, but loud was fun, and singing was also fun. Already her crowd that reminded her of home at the tavern back in Whitshell. "Listen, I don't find you intimidating in the slightest. I've been around so many other beastmen that you, big fluffer, is not scary." Cecil then took her seat while looking up toward him "I'm Cecil, The Lioness. Nice to meet ya! What about you? What's your name? Mr Grizzly?" she teased while waving down a barmaid.

She asked for the largest glass of water for Olfa and one small beer for her with a bowl of stew to start off. Looking at the bear for a second, she upped the stew up to two bowls. "It's on me, by the way." winking, she pulled a piece of gold from her pocket and gave it to the woman. "Thanks." Then she had turned back to Olfa "So wh-" before she could finish her words, she heard a bell, and quite frankly it made her ears twitch aggressively and almost cause her to cover them. Eyebrows furrowing together, she looked for the source and saw the dwarf that rushed by her earlier who was standing by a post-board with many different pages upon it. It was clear that there was a new page upon it and that bell alone no doubt caught the attention of many within the tavern and possibly outside of it as well An announcement? "In case you aren't familiar, I know some taverns do this to get the attention of the inhabitants." she spoke in a quieter tone "Important announcement more than likely." she crossed her arms and waited patiently.

"Attention everyone of the Braze'n'Bold! Sorry to interrupt your fun and food!" he stated before continuing "We have a new job that will require quite a few of you if you're interested! There's an expedition team that is going to rally up and may depart in the evening, or at the asscrack of dawn! We're going to to be sending out two crews to the Unknown Territory to explore what the hell is out there! You will meet up at the docks at dusk for more information! That will give you time to get your shit together and your asses on the ships!" clearing his throat and stroking his beard, he tapped the page "If you want to read the postage, go ahead. I'll be taking my leave. Hope to see you folks out at the docks at dusk!" The dwarf then hobbled out of the tavern and slowly but surely everything was going back to normal.

"An Expedition to the Unknown Territory? Isn't that suicide?" The Lioness heard stories of people going to the Unknown Territory, and it almost sounded like The Banished. People went but didn't come back... Yeah she was going to sit this one out with her sister. No way in hell was she going to go in and get them both killed. They were the last of their bloodline, and Cecil wasn't going to let the pair drown before living. "I know for damn sure I'd rather sit my ass right here and enjoy life then go ahead and toss it. It'd be a miracle if those people come back alive honestly." the barmaid came back with their drinks and Cecil already began to take a sip of her beer while she placed the large water down for her new friend.

🍺

Olfa

The bear nodded as Cecil ordered. She seemed kind, like she had something more to her than your average stranger. She had a heart bound to something here, whatever it may be. It was admirable. As Olfa was about to respond to Cecil's question, the dwarf began to talk. The statement really didn't mean much to Olfa as a whole, but as the little man talked on, Olfa's mind wandered back to the cave. His torment and torture from some creature born of The Banished. Not like his endless rampages or blind hatred, but one of shock. It brought it all back to him. The dark magic using witch, the dark and dusty tunnels, the dripping of water off the water. He did hear Cecil talk after the dwarf had finished his speech but truly couldn't udder any words. His mind was somewhere else. Somewhere long ago, dwelling deep into his scars of his childhood. He was scared, hurt, and alone in that moment. The bar faded away and he was just again a scared young pup sent into the abyss. The cold of the cage and the quietness of the cove lingered in his mind. In reality, he was just staring, blankly with a soft breath. A thousand yard stare. He muttered limply a few words to Cecil, a stark difference from just moments before.

"Yeah. The Unknown."
It may have that name but Olfa knew it all too well. The creatures and demons that lived among those people and tribes were not ones that held any positive weight in the mind of Olfa. He hated them, he despised them. He wanted to pull their skulls from their bodies. He wanted to ruin every ounce of their flesh. All for the pleasure and revenge of seeing them fall. He may die doing it but he knew he had to go on this adventure. If not for his business, then for him. For his people. For all those he hurt. For the blood spilt innocently. He held his hand in a fist tightly as his face contorted into a scowl and anger, but soon came to reality again as the pain of his side overwhelmed his trance. He was almost shocked to not see the demonic half face of the dark magic user, and just the face of his new friend Cecil.

"I am sorry, I am Olfa."
The bear was ashamed. He knew what happened. Spacing out and losing himself. It was, occasional. He could only hope that Cecil would not come to judge him for that. To not see him as the "Peace Taker". God he hated the name. The curse. The title. Everything he wasn't, that name displayed. It was, enraging. A hot brand in his side. Something he only wished to bury deep and never remember.

Britt-21 Britt-21 (Cecil)

Last edited:
faraine zolas
an eye for gold
Bar > Bar Entrance
ready for a drink
pls refer to photo
interactions

jupiter. jupiter. Goonfire Goonfire
"Nay... but I can't stand the whining of a bloody thief." As the giantess continued to sip on her mead, the visible tension in her began to lessen, golden eyes watching the rather grandiose beastkind continued to speak, "Truly, what did he think would happen with a bounty hunter?" The blatant call out was a bit on the nose, but it wasn't the first time someone was able to spot her for what she was. Many hunters had two main ways of presenting themselves: Frail and inconspicuous, or blatantly strong enough to get the job done. Faraine was never really one for pretending, so the latter was what she decided on.

Faraine caught Daniel's muttering, noting the rather cold tone he took on. It was quite the contrast to his formerly polite and friendly one. With her body still facing the bar, the half-elf leaned back slightly, mostly to get a better view of the new companions that sat on either side of her. "The name's Ciaran, by the way. No surname." More introductions, to Faraine's dismay. The raven-haired bounty hunter simply turned her head to listen to Daniel as he introduced himself and inquire more about the city. The taller of the three nodded,

"Unfortunately, yes. Normally not in such a bold fashion, though. It typically happens so fast for the common person that it goes unnoticed until it is too late." She paused, drinking some more of her mead before continuing, "However, not many thieves are stupid enough to engage with me. You are both lucky to see such a rarity." A knowing smirk lightened up her features, making her look even more smug than she sounded. The alcohol definitely was kicking in, melting away the cold aloof exterior she donned and revealing a more laid-back and confident Faraine.

It took her a moment or so to realize she did not introduce herself to the person who defended her. Granted, she didn't need the help, but it wouldn't be wise to be rude to someone with a similar opinion of thieves, "Oh, and I am-" She began, only to be interrupted by the ringing of a familiar sounding bell. Suddenly, all eyes were on a bearded dwarf, including Faraine's.

She listened to his announcement as best as she could with a bit of a buzz. Once the stranger hobbled away, Faraine let out an amused chuckle, leaning back and tilting the tankard to gulp down the remnants of the lovely mead. Once done, she let out an audible gasp, chuckling to herself before bringing the glass back down onto the bar. "Finally, something interesting." With that, she stood up, leaving the money owed on her tab before looking back up to the pair of strangers.

"I will be on my way now." Glancing over at Ciaran, she gave a quick nod, "Thanks, by the way. For the dramatics." Without listening for a reply, she quickly turned around and walked over to the message board that stood by the entrance of Braze n' Bold. Her walk was notably much more confident and determined than her previously sluggish demeanor from hours prior. It didn't take long for her to find the notice the dwarf mentioned, bending forward slightly to read it a little better.

The disgusted face she made at the word "ship" quickly melded into a look of excitement once she saw the pay for the expedition. There was one thing in this world that motivated her the most, and that was the copious amounts of gold she received from those who have underestimated her ability to survive. Besides, she'd never turn down a good adventure.

It also helped that Faraine was a little buzzed from the two rather large tankards of potent mead, but that was besides the point.
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back