• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The World Has Died

If you've got the room I'd be happy to join! I've been jonesing for a good low-fantasy apocalypse story and this sounds really promising

Alright, so to clear up a few questions!

The RP is set in the modern era, with a very realistic slant. Humans only, I'm sorry to say. It's our world but magic has burst forth to ruin things. Characters won't exactly have abilities, but magic will certainly be a thing. However, it won't really be fireballs and thunderbolts. Magic will be ritualized and slow, involving incense, candles, etc. Some characters may be drawn to certain classes of magic, such as necromancy, summoning of spirits, ect. But the setting is fairly low fantasy. If you want to summon a spirit or raise the dead, be prepared to spend several hours chanting or moving around colored candles.

I hope that clears some things up guys. Sorry it took so long to reply!
This kind of low fantasy is something I've been wanting to do for a good while. Having to work and experiment for your magic, and the forces and their effects being mysterious, adds a certain excitement to magic. whipping out a firebolt is cool, but it spoils several other ways magic can be expressed in a story.

Are we putting CS here? In a different thread? Or should I PM it to you?
You can toss them up here, and then we'll get started once they're approved.

Sounds interesting.
What kind of expectations are you going to have for the RPers?
I would like for everyone to try to post at least once a day, and maintain a posting order that we'll all decide on. We can also decide, as a group, to determine how many days of absence before we just move on from someone. (I will try to make it open ended so the person can come back at a later time, if they wish.) I would like at least a decent paragraph, with proper grammar and punctuation. As for the character sheets themselves, just make sure to include a birthday/star sign because it will affect magic. I'm also not expecting your character's entire life story to be revealed right of the back; I expect to explore and discover them as we play. I hope this gives you an idea!

Are we using a CS template, or is it free format?
Is there anything that absolutely has to be in the character sheet?

Not gonna lie I’m interested as well, and I share the same questions as some of the people here!
another question is if we can play as kids coz I lowkey wanna play as a magical conscious zombie kid With your green light of course lol

So sorry guys, I didn't get any alerts that anyone said something!

Are we using a CS template, or is it free format?
Is there anything that absolutely has to be in the character sheet?
It is a free format, with only the zodiac sign being a necessity.
Not gonna lie I’m interested as well, and I share the same questions as some of the people here!
another question is if we can play as kids coz I lowkey wanna play as a magical conscious zombie kid With your green light of course lol
Unfortunately, the zombies is this world are caused by a curse, so you couldn't be part of the group. You could be a human child if you wanted!

Also everyone, I posted this to another person but to make it easer to find:

"I would like for everyone to try to post at least once a day, and maintain a posting order that we'll all decide on. We can also decide, as a group, to determine how many days of absence before we just move on from someone. (I will try to make it open ended so the person can come back at a later time, if they wish.) I would like at least a decent paragraph, with proper grammar and punctuation. As for the character sheets themselves, just make sure to include a birthday/star sign because it will affect magic. I'm also not expecting your character's entire life story to be revealed right of the back; I expect to explore and discover them as we play. I hope this gives you an idea!"

Corrie Arc

deiby9k-111963c4-3231-4849-8fb6-bf1933f310a8.jpg

♒ Aquarius ♒

~ Age 26, from Florida
~ Pre-op transitioned Woman
~ 5' 9" (175cm) and 165lbs (75kg)
~ Skills: Research | Western Wrestling | Macgyvering (improvised technology) | Hand crafts | Jumping to Conclusions
~ Weaknesses: Terrible at picking up on social cues | Mild androphobia | Tends to get absorbed and lose track of time and their surroundings | Easily distracted | Stubborn | Terrible Listener
~ Loves: Being Right | Attention | Egregiously Fabulous Fashion and Aesthetics | Cute Things |Magic | Learning | Experimenting | Talking | Trying New Things
~ Hates: Being Interrupted | Being asked to conform to anything | Waiting | Wearing anything uncomfortable, unless it's fabulous | Bell Peppers
~ Attire: Corrie loves wearing outfits that would only be appropriate in cosplay, or on stage. Her outfit at the beginning of the story is a Roman inspired purple blouse, form fitting Rock Revival jeans, an extravagant tiara she claims works as a spell focus, and a pair of fake velvet fox ears.
~ Behavior: Even before the dead began to rise, Corrie has been interested in, if not obsessed with, magic. She studied all things occult, came up a few theories, and ran numerous experiments. Most of her life has been focused not only on proving that magic is real, but trying to uncover the secrets behind how it works. Unfortunately, her conclusions and notes are about as fictional as a Harry Potter novel.
Even now, she studies every phenomenon with great interest, taking careful notes, and experimenting where she can. She continues to piece together every clue she gets her hands on and compiles them into a slowly forming story to explain everything. The story makes a lot of sense if one has the patience to listen to hours of explanation, though, it has nothing to do with reality.
Corrie is otherwise very curious, energetic, and inventive, often to a fault. She is also always making an effort to stand out, like being "boring," as she sees it, is a fate worse than death.
~ Other Facts: Corrie is an Engineering School drop-out | Corrie was born male, and has since gone through HRT and surgery, though she had yet to go through the final surgery at the time of the apocalypse | Drives a Kawasaki Crotch Rocket | Corrie made it to State competition in high school wrestling | Her main occupation up until the apocalypses was Psychic Reading | Corrie suffers from PTSD from a childhood of abuse, though she mostly keeps this hidden.

Last edited:
So sorry guys, I didn't get any alerts that anyone said something!

It is a free format, with only the zodiac sign being a necessity.

Unfortunately, the zombies is this world are caused by a curse, so you couldn't be part of the group. You could be a human child if you wanted!

Also everyone, I posted this to another person but to make it easer to find:

"I would like for everyone to try to post at least once a day, and maintain a posting order that we'll all decide on. We can also decide, as a group, to determine how many days of absence before we just move on from someone. (I will try to make it open ended so the person can come back at a later time, if they wish.) I would like at least a decent paragraph, with proper grammar and punctuation. As for the character sheets themselves, just make sure to include a birthday/star sign because it will affect magic. I'm also not expecting your character's entire life story to be revealed right of the back; I expect to explore and discover them as we play. I hope this gives you an idea!"

I don’t mind, I could be like Ellie from the last of us but like... 7 years old XD, I’ll work on my character right now and if I have anymore questions I’ll let ya know!

Hey, I'm interested if you're still open! It's fine if you're not tho, I understand I'm a bit late to the party

Sorry it took me so long to post, I got caught up in other roleplays I was doing but I managed to have a character up and running lol

No picture at the moment, sorry (;▽;)

~Name: Corey

~ Age: 7

~ Height: 4’4

~ smol description: A small kid with coal black fluffy/curly hair, blue crystal eyes and has a tan going. Hes seen usually wearing a shirt with overalls since his puffy shorts are a bit too big, but they look nice on him nonetheless.

~ Skills:
Creativeness
Handy
surprisingly a good cook
good with a bow an arrow

~ Weakness:
Gets distracted easily
Scared of heights
Can’t swim

~ Loves:
His toy bear, Hamilton
Strawberries
Good stories with happy endings
Drawing

~ Hates:
Rivers/Ocean
nap time
timeout
the scary men that hurt innocent people

~ Behavior: Corey is a shy little one due to all of the events that has happened, but he’s a sweet little muffin once he know you mean well. He‘s a creative boy who gets inspired by stories he‘s heard and makes traps for people and animals and other things. He’s also a good cook, but gets really sad whenever something doesn’t taste perfect, so I guess you can call him picky as well.

~ Gear:
Backpack with cat keychains
Hamilton
Bow and arrows
Portable light weight stove
Portable ‘bed’
Wooden toy sword
Small plastic crown

~ Extra sheit: Corey was born into this cruel world without knowing what a true childhood is. Well, sort of. He spends his time reading stories after his last caretaker taught him how to read and write, and he’s fallen in love with princesses and princes, which made him want to become a princess prince! He’s a bit confused... but he has the spirit!

General
Name: Joanna Alix Barnes
Nickname: N/A
Pronouns: Sher/her/hers
Blood type: O-
Ethnicity: French
Birthday: June 28, 2002

Sign: Cancer
Sexuality: Homoromantic Homosexual (lesbian)

xKlu99dF1MLQlgdHS9ssq4OtiJ0KOTCN-iTMMY4JH6LM-Ak1_C7jhs0R6CCwaGe7VgU3B2PMuDymz0WM6WJ9jVzDJmorN717uagVcOvX9Uf1lVnd4S63Ter7xb3N7BpZ7_-1P9Vs
Appearance
Hair color
: soft pink with black roots (she struggles to find good hairstylists)
Eye color: dark brown
Head shape: diamond
Nose shape: button
Eye shape: almond
Hairstyle: chin-length, wavy
Skin Color: white
Height: 5’7
Build: tall and thin, without many curves. She has the beginning of muscles forming, but they're barely visible.
Weight: 149 lbs
Tattoos: she has the word memento tattooed on her collarbone, and an image of serotonin on her shoulder, plus a pair of scissors on her wrist, though she now expresses some regret over that one.
Piercings: Her ears are both pierced, no other peircings
Scars: she has a tiny scar on her wrist from getting stabbed with a pencil by a kid when she was young

Personality
Habits:
  • She plays with the edges of her shirts when she’s nervous
  • She doodles little figures in different dramatic poses when bored
  • She chews her pencils, sometimes literally in half
Talents:
  • artist
  • guitar
  • bilingual
  • good with an ax
Downfalls:
  • a very bad liar (she tends to just avoid the subject completely if she has to lie)
  • often insults people without realizing it
  • very messy and disorganized (she claims it's an organized mess)
Attitude: She tries to be positive, but sometimes it's just too hard

• Animals
  • Music
  • Not being dead
  • Drawing
Dislikes:
  • Repeating patterns/holes (Trypophobia)
  • Caterpillars
  • Zombies
  • people who can outsmart her
Personality: she is smart, slightly snarky and witty, and introverted. That’s not to say she’s shy, she actually is fairly talkative. She often teases people and doesn’t apologize even if she has clearly gone too far. On that note, she’s not good at apologizing in general. She has a lot of pride, and it
oBczJKsaZoNwpnT5IRRynaeQFj2zflp6G7XzHqLf55bKy-7yqSOPSg6vlfeauftN9dTzZBHEKGz7pFiWAsE8-A6dtkGVkKmvU61r3vHX1mir-P3M2DqjFMQCpuk4la-TJlRM5_PM
takes a lot of conscious effort to swallow it.

Attire: She almost strictly wears neutral colors, preffering to stick to a solid black t-shirt and jeans, a beige hoodie and sweat pants, or something of the sort. She has a pair of combat boots that she wears with virtually everything.

Quirks/Miscellaneous:
  • has bad Trypophobia
  • finds caterpillars gross
  • left-handed
  • bilingual (speaks English and French)
  • Faint French accent

If you guys are cool with it, I'll set up a forum to rp in, and we'll get started. The post order would be me, koeseki, nagabe, then flooded. It's a zombie rp, so there will be absolutely no problem happening upon new people in game to join us. I'll alert you all when it's up!

Is there any shared backstory anyone wants to set up, or do we all prefer to be strangers at the beginning?

I'm really going to have to flesh out Corrie's character and personality a bit in story. Re-reading over the bio, she's literally just an Aquarius caricature at the moment.

I'm going to pick a random city, and it'll be on the brink with an approaching horde. You guys are free to create stories in which you know each other, or we can just run into each other as we're fleeing the city. I personally am just going to have my character be thrown to the wind pretty much.

I'm really going to have to flesh out Corrie's character and personality a bit in story. Re-reading over the bio, she's literally just an Aquarius caricature at the moment.
And that's perfectly okay! I like characters who just develop through the story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back