• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The World, Decayed - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

calamity_

jorge-gonzalez-institute-2-full.jpg

Id prefer only 2 main characters. But you can make plenty of side characters (characters who only show up briefly/used to populate an area/part of a backstory/intended to die)

is there a specific character the rp needs/ you would like to see? I like to benefit the rp as much as i can

Ah, i appreciate that greatly!
Uhm, right now, no?? If you want you can wait a bit and see about other people's characters and fill in a spot that others havent?

Right now, the plan is to form a small group of survivors who will be working and (likely) travelling together for one reason or another. So something that would work well in a team, or fits a necessary niche or something?

Also, and this is for everyone, feel free to suggest reasons for survivors to know one another.

Aight I have an idea for a character already. I’ll make a second one if the group lacks something

ALSO also: feel free to propose any new lore or location or faction, anything like that, to me. I want to ensure things fit into the world so i may ask to change a few things if i dont think it does, but i want to avoid outright rejections altogether

calamity_ calamity_ , a suggestion for how our characters know each other. We could all be part of the same faction in Buffalo? It's rather simple, but allows our characters to easily enter the story and interact with each other.

I shoulda been a bit more specific. I didn't mean that as in how everyone knows everyone else, but just in case people wanted to plan how their character personally might know others. Just some basic pre-relationshio stuff. But its certainly not necessary!

I don't want to outright say the characters all know each other at the beginning because they're all part of the same group. I do have an idea for an "inciting event" that will force our characters together.

Sounds good calamity_ calamity_ . A question for clarity. For the factions section of the character sheet, I'm not entirely sure of what all our options are. I assume the various Haven cities, and maybe various, possibly made up factions at Buffalo? What about random, made up towns, villages or small groups of people in the wilderness? I see your characters are roamers, which I get, but what's a marauder? And what other kind of choices do we have?

Yeah, youre basically open there! Random town? Sure. A group of bandits, got a fancy name? Throw it in there (and a little backstory for the group if you wanna provide any!)

I can try to find one, but I tend not to use them. I can also go into more detail for the physical description to compensate, I'm just a little tired right now and my mind's been a little fuzzy.

Thats fine then! Im just a nerd and usually draw things when im in rps and fcs help me lmao
But if it aint your thing i get that!

It's just so difficult! D': I can draw a stick figure representation, with a green doodley outline for the cloak. Basically, I couldn't draw to save my life. And I feel it's nearly impossible to find an image after I've already come up with a description. And I don't really care to create characters around images I find. It feels forced. I'll definitely add more detail to the physical description later though. Most likely some time tomorrow.

now the real question, where do I want to go with this character

it's my first time doing a character like this, trying to broaden my horizon. i also don't do many zombie rps but i like to support the newbies. i just got a few more details to wrap up and i'm gonna work on my second character

lol you could have just pretend,is there anything you want me to add to him? I don't know crap about the CFOs obviously so any information would be helpful

Honestly, i was leaving a lot of it up to others if they wanted to develop them further.
Basically, CFO is a big ol mixed bag. Some are nice enough, with a genuine interest in protecting people. Even more of them are just interested in keeping themselves safe, rejoicing in the power that goes along with the role. They also have much easier access to all resources, so you could say that live a pretty cushy life, as far as the apocalypse goes.

Speaking of a not knowing things, I have some questions about the infected. Are they called zombies by anyone? Or infected? Monsters? Or a variety of terms by different people?

Other than bloaters and shamblers, all of the infected are capable of running?

With the disfiguration of their heads and faces, is their brain located in places that survivors can find?

Are the infected killed only when their brain is killed, like normal zombies? Or can they be damaged in other ways?

calamity_ calamity_

Theyre mostly called infected.

You're correct- all except for bloaters and shamblers are capabke of running.

The brain is still located where a brain is located. The fungus acts as a sort of "shield" to it.

All infected can be damaged in the same way you would damage a person, because they are fundamentally still people. So you could choke out a runner, or stab a clicker to death. A blow to the head is going to be more effective, but may also take multiple shots if the fungus has grown enough to act as a form of armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back