• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Agent23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"
Physics is a strange concept a lot of the time the laws of reality which seem to hold everything together. Granted at smaller scales they seem to muddy a bit but regardless the laws of Physics seem to he the framework that holds our universe together. So what happens when you break the laws of physics? Well that's what we are here to discover.

On earth in the year 2413 humanity has finally seemed to crack the formula for FTL travel. However due to the dangers associated with it they launched a test run first. A drone with a camera attached was welded to an FTL slug and was pushed out to just beyond the oort cloud where it could activate the FTL drive without ill effect to the earth. It was supposed to arrive in Andromeda at a earth like planet and then return with a sample of soil from it a week later. The device never returned but it sent footage of something that should've been impossible. It was indeed an earth like planet with an atmosphere and lush green land and oceans. However it was somehow off...the drone approached the planet to find it was far far more massive than physics should allow, the damned thing was an entire light year in diameter if the drones calculations were correct. The feed was cut shortly afterwards and the last moments show it falling for at least a kilometer before exploding upon contact with the stone below. Needless to say humanity was all a buzz and countless funds were raised to fund a trip back and after sensors indicated that there was no lethal radiation or energy signatures it was decided that this mission would be a manned one. After all with a population of a couple trillion by now what was a dozen or so lives?

Dubbing the mission Operation Icarus, The crew would consist of a team of scientists from a variety of relevant fields, a skeleton crew of engineers and mechanics to run the ship, and a six man security team consisting of genetically modified cyborg marines. The ship itself was some old freighter about to be put out of service that they quickly modernized and outfitted with the New FTL drive. The world watched with thier collective fingers crossed as this ship launched off into another world. Yet their anticipation turned into horror relatively quickly. As soon as the large vessel left the FTL field gravitational forces of near singularity levels began to tug the ship towards the planet like a relativistic bullet. The ship hit with a tremendous force and all feeds to it were cut instantaneously. The crew was believed dead and the world governments quickly sent the warp tech back to the drawing board not launching a rescue operation for fear of losing more resources in the attempt. Operation Icarus had been deemed a failure.

What the denizens of the Solar system were oblivious to was the fact that they hadn't found some planet, rather they had discovered an entirely new universe. One where physics was not the same, the ship had crashed hard on the planets surface but remained mostly intact as it skidded through some kind of electrical forest, coming to a stop when they crashed again this time into the foot of a mountain of soft dirt. While jarred and likely rendered unconscious by the associated G's of the crash the ships A.I reads the crews life signs as active indicating they survived the crash. The question is What awaits them in this new and strange world, already many eyes have shifted to their direction some friendly and others not so much. What will become of these humans as they explore the World Below.

(Hey guys ive been working on this concept for a few weeks now studying sci fi worlds and concepts for a good while to prepare for it. Im hoping it will be a type of guided sandbox. At the start there will be a few planned events and situations to ease into this new world and give some kind of edge to player characters. From that point on you guys will have sandbox like freedom to do nearly anything you want to. The playable cast are the crew of the Icarus mission which includes...

6 Space marines (Not warhammer 40k space marines but close, more like spartans they are genetically modified to excel at combat and are given a multitude of cybernetic augmentations to make operating their power armor easier. These guys are dangerous and not to be trifled with. Feel free to customize weapon, armor, and mods load out for your marine.)

6 Engineers- (this is the crew that actually kept the ship running, they are brilliant tinkerers who have likely spent several decades building and operating ships. These guys will be invaluable in establishing a functional base of operations for our survivors as the mostly intact ship offers them alot of potential resources.)

6 Scientists- These characters are the actual most important crew of the mission, mathematicians, physicists, chemists, biologists, these guys are the ones that can potentially understand the world and the beings that inhabit it and may eventually figure out a way back home technically speaking they lead the mission as the marines are instructed with following their orders to the letter as are the engineers. Wether or not they choose to obey such orders under this stressful situation is entirely up to them.

The icarus team is full of geniuses and badasses however that's in comparison to 24th century humans who are considerably more badass than we are. The 24th century has things like a 200 year life expectancy, neural link implants that connect the crew across vast though not infinite distances, genetic modification, cybernetic implants, A.I. that gains satisfaction from progressing humanities goals, energy weapons, fusion technology, and relativistic ballistics. Our team does in fact have the most advanced versions of all of that for sure but our neural links are disconnected from the Internet, as are our 3d printers meaning resources must be conserved because until we find a new network we cannot print new stuff.

I will be playing the roles of Bob the ships A.I and also a hidden ally who will be revealed later. If you are interested let me know, i am on the lookout for people who want to invent new alien races who will inhabit this world though its important to note...the world below is populated by species that somehow warped themselves here by breaking physics, that's how one gets to the world below. Hope it tickles your fancy.)

Updates
1.Multiple characters will be allowed as long as they arent in the same role category.

2.Aliens will become playable as we discover more of them.

3. Due to the ship being a large freighter the crew will be starting with a huge storage capacity full of vehicles, equipment , and weapons most of which were strapped down and also withstood the crash.

Good stuff, man.
Thanks thats just the tip of the iceberg this entire "planet" we are on is both made up of and filled with interesting sci fi concepts from hiveminds to machine rebellion all the way to black hole engines. And with the world being an entire lightyear across there is enough room to keep the adventure going forever.

God, yeah. The amount of potential and content is sick as hell. Definitely would have to go for a space marine out of the listed 3 of the crew.

Selena Sparks

1599826810099.jpeg

Sexuality: Straight
Role: Scientist

Personality
Selena, as a scientist, takes her job very seriously, and can come across as cold, and withdrawn, and even bit of a smartass. She is extremely intelligent, but a bit naive =, and tends to be far too trusting for her own good, often times leading her to get hurt. To those she’s close with, she is kind, sweet, a bit sassy, with a good sense of humor.

[/indent]
Physical Abilities & Skills

Agility:

Selena has taken gymnastics lessons ever since she was little, so she is very nimble and light on her feet. Even though she is a scientist, she has been trained in close range combat, making her a formidable opponent.

Limitations to Agility:

Selena cannot function properly if she doesn’t get enough sleep, leaving her tired and sluggish. Also, she tends to get overwhelmed if there are too many things going on around her.

Knife Skills

It seems odd that a scientist would also be trained as an assassin, but Selena was. Her preferred weapons are knives or swords, however medieval that may seem. She has deadly accuracy when throwing knives, and is even deadlier if you get in close enough range for her to hurt you.

Knife Skills Limitations

As she prefers knives, she is pretty limited in terms of how far her opponent can be from her, making it easier for her to get hurt. Also, any injury to her hands or wrists would make it impossible for her to fight back.

Additional Weakness/Limitations

The Ocean

Selena is deathly afraid of the ocean, and has an intense fear of drowning.

Sweet Talking

Selena is a bit of a hopeless romantic and has fallen prey to the “nice guy” act so many times you’d be amazed. She still does, to this day.

Inventory

Knife Collection:

Selena never goes anywhere without her various knives strapped to her, some hidden, some in plain sight. She also has a long sword, that she keeps strapped across her back.

Scientific Instruments:

Selena, as a scientist, obviously has a plethora of tools used in her work, among these items a journal in which she writes all of her research in.

Her Suit:

Selena had moderations made to the government issue space suit they were given. Hers was designed for her...deadlier skill set, and has almost invisible armor over all of her weak points. The suit also comes with several hidden blades, and whatever upgrades come with the suit origionally. The suit is thin, fitted and black, and has a hood that Selena can pull over her face.

(Hope this is okay!)

Last edited:
Oml I’m sorry if you wanted a character sheet thread! I didn’t even think of that! If you want I can copy and paste it and delete that post!

And camlochan camlochan I took it from another RP I joined😂 Do you want me to post the code?

if you want! I don’t want to clutter the thread with ooc stuff though, so unless everyone else wants the code too, why don’t you just dm it to me?

Nah its fine. Im likely to turn this into occ when we get started. Typically people asl questions and we get decent lore built up in the interest check.

This just sounds great. I'm probably looking at one of the space marine roles. Combat engineer who makes use of a gadgets (turrets, drones, shields) for combat.

If we can get a CS, that would be great.

This sounds super cool! I'd be interested in either an engineer or a scientist, possibly both.
Both is definitely an option perhaps a pair of siblings who got involved in the mission somehow.
This just sounds great. I'm probably looking at one of the space marine roles. Combat engineer who makes use of a gadgets (turrets, drones, shields) for combat.

If we can get a CS, that would be great.
And awesome every team of marines could use a tactical command unit and battlefield orientation is a big part of that which is helped by drones a considerable amount.

Ill get a cs page up later on today id say in about...nine or ten hours.

Alright im starting on the cs page now finally got off work. In the meantime here is a small taste of what threats this world is offering
e24335741a6c49a7bf071fc6d6633fe1.jpg
Usually the Formain ants are depicted as some of the most stupid creatures that live with a hive mind being their one saving grace...sadly thats not the case here as the Formain society in this world is far more advanced than most people care to imagine Ants being. Above is the typical worker ant standing at 6ft 3in on average and weighing about 190lbs. They are very strong physically easily rivaling humans but are not particularly durable and are cowards by nature.
68bdd60fabca366b7dbf442ea94ab8b2.png
Next you have the Formain Soldiers these guys are far more dangerous than their worker brethren but have only about a tenth their number. Usually clad in heavy armor with sharp edges and with ranged weapons that fire bolts coated in a neurotoxin that causes both burning pain and paralysis. They are about 50% larger than a formain worker standing between 7ft 9in and 9ft 2in and weighing up to 390lbs when armored. They are roughly ten times stronger than their worker counterpart able to lift up to 30 tons with minimal strain and can tear steel with their mandibles or talons.
d7ef19cd6f13b16a40805ca424cccc85.jpg
Then they have the Patriarchs, large formain who were potential queens from birth but because of there being an existing queen in the colony they were turned male becoming the most dangerous Formain besides the queen herself. Also known as Taskmasters these Formain possess telepathy like the queen though to a lesser degree. They are still capable of overriding the wills of other formain and even non formain species if they have the time. Though they rarely take that route on non formains. Standing up to 16ft tall and weighing up to half a ton they often wear armor and weapons in addition to their already durable carapace. They are known to be aggressive towards their brethren and are practically unstoppable to other formain having even been witnessed cannibalizing entire squads of soldiers who returned in failure.

Typically formain live in hives of dirt like anthills that look like Mountains of soft earth. these hives host anywhere from 500,000 (Super small) to upwards of Two Billion (biggest.). They are scattered throughout the planet and sadly usually are built to the maximum possible size so its impossible to tell the small colonies from the larger ones.
c74a727b3161bd3188aaba09770367b5.png
Formain queens are the most powerful version by a large margin. They are also the largest standing at over 60ft tall or at least they would if standing were possible for them... They possess massive Rear segments and equally massive heads containing spongy brains the size of a hummer. With this they can transmit telepathic commands to any formain over up to 100km from themselves and these transmissions move at ftl speeds hence their arrival here. They also seem to be one of the few beings whose reproductive processes weren't halted upon entering here and one single hive has split itself apart and spread to nearly every part of the super planet of the world below. Each hive has its own queen and the larger the population of the hive the more powerful the queen is due to this they are the only kinds of formain who can be negotiated with often taking the safety of the hive more seriously than her own safety. They can also use pheremones to change formains into different genders and even stages turning workers into soldiers and vice versa. The only ones immune to being demoted are patriarchs but their gender can still be flipped on a whim hence why the Patriarchs are all male, another Queen is after all a threat to the current one.

Sorry you guys. Im gonna put this one off for a bit. Low interest paired with another idea brewing has me changing my mind. Plus i have ample more venues of research for this before i have a fully fleshed out story here. When i do reupload this one i will tag you in it. Until then if you are interested in RPing with me and my material be on the look out for the coming Superhero/Superhuman Rp ill be working on called "Meta". It will be a semi-realistic approach to superpowers and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back