Poetry The words from the wolf (open to feedback)

I quite enjoyed your poems!

Two Voice and Let Me Go were my favorites!

As an all-powerful entity, I can guarantee that you are absolutely amazing! 🧡

If it's not too much to ask, I'd love to be tagged in any future poem threads you make!
Oh heck yeah, thank you so much! I'll try and tag you into the next one, as long as I don't forget haha 😅

Im actually contemplating getting this collection published at some point, even made a mock up cover it last night (because I was hyperfixated and wanted to see what I could do)

Oh heck yeah, thank you so much! I'll try and tag you into the next one, as long as I don't forget haha 😅

Im actually contemplating getting this collection published at some point, even made a mock up cover it last night (because I was hyperfixated and wanted to see what I could do)
You should totally go for it! I thoroughly enjoyed them.

You should totally go for it! I thoroughly enjoyed them.
I think I'll get a test copy printed out of them at some point first, just to see what it might look like in book format. Do you want to see the mock up covers I made? I stayed up till like 3am last night working on it

I think I'll get a test copy printed out of them at some point first, just to see what it might look like in book format. Do you want to see the mock up covers I made? I stayed up till like 3am last night working on it
NO! How dare you ask me, the great Baphomet!

Just kidding! Baphomet would love to see them! <3

NO! How dare you ask me, the great Baphomet!

Just kidding! Baphomet would love to see them! <3
Thats some big Papyrus energy you got going on there, really had me in the first half 🤣

Okay anyway, they're not the highest quality covers cause the thing I was using kind of sucks but here they are

Attachments

• wordsfromthewolf.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
  • wordsfromthewolf2.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
Thats some big Papyrus energy you got going on there, really had me in the first half 🤣

Okay anyway, they're not the highest quality covers cause the thing I was using kind of sucks but here they are
They are absolutely beautiful! I love the cover! I recently finished To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, by Christopher Paolini. It reminds me of that. If I saw that in a book store, I'd grab it out of intrigue.

Oh, wow! The cover for that book you mention looks amazing! I'll have to check it out at some point. Honestly, I didn't know that Christopher Paolini wrote more books after the Eragon series. But I love the vibe 'To Sleep in a Sea of Stars' gives me. Also, don't mind Papyrus here, he isn't very used to uh, giving compliments, hence the sweating.
undertale_text_box.png

Haha! Yeah, honestly, I think Paolini just gets better with age. If you didn't know, he wrote a collection of short stories set in the world of Eragon. It's called The Fork, The Witch, and The Worm.

The Inheritance Saga was my favorite series, though, I think To Sleep in a Sea of Stars may now be my favorite book. I'll have to reread it at some point to figure out for sure.

I am no poet master (quite the opposite, in fact) but I did enjoy this stuff. Reminds me of Milk and Honey, but with darker undertones.

I do, however, have questionable expertise on art, so:

Good cover concept. I would advise darkening the galaxy in the background because it distracts from where you want your viewer's eyes to go - I found myself staring more at the galaxy than I did the title or wolf. Otherwise, your other choice is making the text pure white instead of an offset-grey.

Currently, the text on the cover blends in to the background and is hard to read. If you want to continue the glowing theme that you have with the wolf, I suggest applying a similar white glow to the text; this would make it easier to see. The "A Poetry Collection" could use a different color altogether as it's almost invisible right now. Definitely think about making your author name more prominent, too - there's a reason that a lot of covers plaster that bad boy as big as they can get 'em. You want people to be able to just glance at the book from a display and be able to see both title and your name.

<glances at checklist>

Yeah. I think that covers it. Good idea and good aesthetic, just work on the execution a little more and it'll be perfect. Remember that 'simplicity and easy on the eyes' is more important for book covers than 'fancy and cool'. People love simplicity; that's why
the modern cover remakes of old classics sell so well.

I am no poet master (quite the opposite, in fact) but I did enjoy this stuff. Reminds me of Milk and Honey, but with darker undertones.

Good cover concept. I would advise darkening the galaxy in the background because it distracts from where you want your viewer's eyes to go - I found myself staring more at the galaxy than I did the title or wolf. Otherwise, your other choice is making the text pure white instead of an offset-grey.

Currently, the text on the cover blends in to the background and is hard to read. If you want to continue the glowing theme that you have with the wolf, I suggest applying a similar white glow to the text; this would make it easier to see. The "A Poetry Collection" could use a different color altogether as it's almost invisible right now. Definitely think about making your author name more prominent, too - there's a reason that a lot of covers plaster that bad boy as big as they can get 'em. You want people to be able to just glance at the book from a display and be able to see both title and your name.

<glances at checklist>

Yeah. I think that covers it. Good idea and good aesthetic, just work on the execution a little more and it'll be perfect. Remember that 'simplicity and easy on the eyes' is more important for book covers than 'fancy and cool'. People love simplicity; that's why
Staring at the galaxy is why I loved it so much! Though I definitely see your point on the other topics.

The galaxy makes me feel wonder!

Staring at the galaxy is why I loved it so much! Though I definitely see your point on the other topics.

The galaxy makes me feel wonder!

There are certainly ways of maintaining that specific galaxy layout, but it'd require some pretty heavy readjusting of the other elements. Most books that use a bright galaxy cover like that will place the title + author name at the bottom where the darkest section of the gradient starts. Usually the text ends up having to be pretty big, too.

See below:

There are certainly ways of maintaining that specific galaxy layout, but it'd require some pretty heavy readjusting of the other elements. Most books that use a bright galaxy cover like that will place the title + author name at the bottom where the darkest section of the gradient starts. Usually the text ends up having to be pretty big, too.

See below:

Personal preference, I still think the way it is, baring a little more readable colors for the words, is absolutely perfect. Though I am just a layman.

<glances at checklist>

I can see what you mean. The galaxy background is a bit bright, and the title is a tad bit on the small side. I do love the idea for the font to be glowing too.

The cover itself was something I just hastily made on a photo design app late last night, and I have no intention of using it as a finalized bookcover in the future. Heck, I pulled the wolf silhouette out straight from public domain.

I really like your suggestions about the cover, and I think making those changes would serve the book cover greatly. For right now though, this book cover is just for a single copy of the book im going to be printing. I'm unsure of when I'll actually start seeing about getting the poetry collection published, but when I feel it is ready for that, ill work on revising the book cover. This current one is just for a personal copy, to summarize everything I just said.

I've printed out some copies of a different poetry collection I've written before too, and it was a lot more simplistic. Nothing fancy, just a solid color background and then the title. I'm not going to show off that one though because it has my deadname on it, sadly.

I've printed out some copies of a different poetry collection I've written before too, and it was a lot more simplistic. Nothing fancy, just a solid color background and then the title. I'm not going to show off that one though because it has my deadname on it, sadly.
Although I am indeed the real Baphomet from legend and have no need to hide, I totally respect your want for privacy and anonymity. Crazy times we're in. Can never be too careful.

Publishing suggestion: Amazon is veeeery cheap (maybe even free?) to start self-publishing electronic copies of your book. Your cover doesn't have to be finalized for an ebook edition because you can change it pretty much whenever you feel like it. Even just your current draft is polished enough to work for something like that.

Plus it'd be a very easy transition from ebook to paperback that way. ;) They would be listed in the same place, and you can start with a small stock you buy yourself and ship out individually. Unless you have a publisher to eat the costs, paperbacks in large quantities can get very expensive very quick. A friend of mine paid several thousand for 500 copies.

And one last detail: your publishing name can be different from your real name. Stephen King published under an alias for years. Don't be afraid to use what you want. <3

Although I am indeed the real Baphomet from legend and have no need to hide, I totally respect your want for privacy and anonymity. Crazy times we're in. Can never be too careful.
That sort of implies I changed my name because I needed to hide from someone or something, lol.

That sort of implies I changed my name because I needed to hide from someone or something, lol.
That's sorta the point of privacy. Lots of people want to steal your data or obtain your information.

Though now I'm curious why you changed your name instead of using your real one, if that isn't the case?

Publishing suggestion: Amazon is veeeery cheap (maybe even free?) to start self-publishing electronic copies of your book. Your cover doesn't have to be finalized for an ebook edition because you can change it pretty much whenever you feel like it. Even just your current draft is polished enough to work for something like that.

Plus it'd be a very easy transition from ebook to paperback that way. ;) They would be listed in the same place, and you can start with a small stock you buy yourself and ship out individually. Unless you have a publisher to eat the costs, paperbacks in large quantities can get very expensive very quick. A friend of mine paid several thousand for 500 copies.

And one last detail: your publishing name can be different from your real name. Stephen King published under an alias for years. Don't be afraid to use what you want. <3
I have thought about it before. I would have to make a few quick changes for that to work out, ebook wise before publishing it, but it would be just fine. Also, I'm not implying I need to go by an alias or anything. I just changed my legal name last year, and wish not to use it or see it anymore.

Hazel is my real name now, there's a reason why I called my old name a deadname, afterall. And honestly, if you did a quick search on like Facebook, you could probably find me. I'm not overly concerned about privacy as much.

But I've never really been comfortable with my deadname, hence me changing it to my current name, my chosen name, my real name. Hazel feels fresh and more like me, and it is also more in tune with my gender identity as well. It reflects my personality better, and the type of person I strive to be. It is also the name of one of my favorite book characters, and the name of a song I referenced earlier in my last poem.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit on that subject 😅

I have thought about it before. I would have to make a few quick changes for that to work out, ebook wise before publishing it, but it would be just fine. Also, I'm not implying I need to go by an alias or anything. I just changed my legal name last year, and wish not to use it or see it anymore.

Hazel is my real name now, there's a reason why I called my old name a deadname, afterall. And honestly, if you did a quick search on like Facebook, you could probably find me. I'm not overly concerned about privacy as much.

But I've never really been comfortable with my deadname, hence me changing it to my current name, my chosen name, my real name. Hazel feels fresh and more like me, and it is also more in tune with my gender identity as well. It reflects my personality better, and the type of person I strive to be. It is also the name of one of my favorite book characters, and the name of a song I referenced earlier in my last poem.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit on that subject 😅
That clarifies everything! Though, I, the great Baphomet, am all-powerful, I never claimed to be the brightest of the bunch.

That clarifies everything! Though, I, the great Baphomet, am all-powerful, I never claimed to be the brightest of the bunch.
It's alright. Do either of you have any roleplay's open for newcomers by any chance? I was going to make a roleplay but I haven't been feeling very inspired.

It's alright. Do either of you have any roleplay's open for newcomers by any chance? I was going to make a roleplay but I haven't been feeling very inspired.
There's a group role play that hasn't started yet that I'm a part of. Not my own, just a rando that joined it. Other than that, I was literally about to create a 1x1 thread to search for a new partner. I also have one other thread, and one that I haven't finished yet, so, like, three threads worth of plots, ideas and such. I can send those all to you if you'd like in a PM.

There's a group role play that hasn't started yet that I'm a part of. Not my own, just a rando that joined it. Other than that, I was literally about to create a 1x1 thread to search for a new partner. I also have one other thread, and one that I haven't finished yet, so, like, three threads worth of plots, ideas and such. I can send those all to you if you'd like in a PM.
Yeah please, I don't think I'll ever actually get around to roleplaying here, if you don't haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back