What's new

Poetry The words from the wolf

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns

the words from the wolf

a poetry collection

• Hello and welcome to my Poetry Collection thread! I just joined RPNation pretty recently, but I was super excited when I saw there was a forum dedicated for general writing. I love to see the creativity that flows from other writers, and I think that's something which really draws me to roleplay. I write poetry mostly on other platforms, but please enjoy some of the ones that I post to this thread. I will continue to update this thread with new poems any time I feel inspired. Please feel free to send me prompts for my writing too, as well as any suggestions, comments, and critiques that you have! :3

Who am I?

Hi! My name is Hazel and I am Nineteen. I am an aspiring writer and also occupied as a Warehouse Worker. My pronouns are he/they and I am nonbinary, panromantic, and possibly ace. I am also neurodivergent, which makes some things difficult for me. I currently run a couple different poetry accounts, but I also sometimes write short stories too. I have a work in progress novel codenamed 'Moons and Shadows,' but I haven't really felt motivated to work on it. My favorite colors are pink and blue, and my favorite animal are Sea Otters!
    My Hobbies

Reading: I don't do this nearly as often as I used to, but I do like reading a lot. I have an extensive backlog of books I need to get through, but who knows when that is going to happen, haha. Currently, the book series I'm reading through is the Heroes of Olympus, by Rick Riordan. This is my second time reading through it, but I just love the Percy Jackson universe.

Writing: I think this one is why I'm here? Writing poems, short stories, etc... Its really fun what the human mind can imagine and create into a tale for people all around to read and know.

Videogames: I love playing videogames, and I am primarily a Nintendo Gamer. The Switch is my main console, and I enjoy playing games like: Minecraft, Pokémon, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, and a bunch more.
    Other
    Leaving this one blank for right now :p

Last edited:

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
As someone who enjoys reading, writing, and some Nintendo video games as well (I am slightly more old-school) it is nice to meet a fellow who has commonalities. Hello and welcome to the site! I hope you will have a pleasant stay and enjoy it here, whether you write in prose or verse. I am interested in seeing your poetry and look forward to your first showcasing of it. =)

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns
As someone who enjoys reading, writing, and some Nintendo video games as well (I am slightly more old-school) it is nice to meet a fellow who has commonalities. Hello and welcome to the site! I hope you will have a pleasant stay and enjoy it here, whether you write in prose or verse. I am interested in seeing your poetry and look forward to your first showcasing of it. =)
Hello and thank you so much! I've grown up with Nintendo since I was probably 8 or 9 years old, so it's basically my lifeline as a gamer? I'm also just more drawn to Nintendo games because they always felt and looked more colorful to me. I got lots and lots of material to work with, so I hope you enjoy what I have to offer. I'm debating whether or not I should write an entirely original collection specifically for this thread, or sprinkle in some old ones too. I'll probably update the thread a few times as I decide!

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
You're very welcome, and that's great! Nintendo games have a vibrance few others can match. I especially love some of the indie games supported. I greatly look forward to seeing your material. I am a sucker for poetry and would love whatever you can provide, I am sure.

Perfect Moon Child New

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns

Perfect Moon Child

The moon glows
With energy fragmented
From the bliss of
The nightly queen.

It looks beautiful
Until you see the moon
Glimmer and shine as if
It were shattered beneath
The rising sun.

And your mind wonders
Why something so perfect
Could be made to be
Yet so broken.

The cycle of moon
And sun continue on,
And you begin to think
About what makes you
Perfect.

Last edited:

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Very nice work on this poem! I adore the imagery of shattered and fragmented things, but cannot quite piece together what is meant. Energy fragmented by the nightly queen. Darkness? Broken pieces beneath the rising sun. Light? Waves? It does offer something to think about, which is wonderful for a poem, though I feel as if I am missing something. What was shattered in the third stanza?

Overall, however, I am quite impressed just with little things here and there that come to mind afterwards of which I am more curious than anything else. Looking good! I look forward to whatever else you have to reveal! =D

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns
Very nice work on this poem! I adore the imagery of shattered and fragmented things, but cannot quite piece together what is meant. Energy fragmented by the nightly queen. Darkness? Broken pieces beneath the rising sun. Light? Waves? It does offer something to think about, which is wonderful for a poem, though I feel as if I am missing something. What was shattered in the third stanza?

Overall, however, I am quite impressed just with little things here and there that come to mind afterwards of which I am more curious than anything else. Looking good! I look forward to whatever else you have to reveal! =D
You're absolutely right. I wrote it on my phone and didn't really think much about how it was structured. If you're wondering whats broken it is the moon. Being fragmented, or shattered into a bunch of smaller pieces. The moon holds its form pretty well, but if you look closely, you notice that it just isn't quite right.

Your questions are wonderful and I appreciate your feedback loads, when I have time ill come back to make some edits and revisions, which will hopefully make it a little more clear. Just a little though, because its not fun if you don't have to think about it :3

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
I am glad to hear that my commentary has helped! I would hate to change the structure, but I think clarity would definitely help the flow somewhat.

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
The shift looks great, in my opinion. Nice work! This inspires me to write poetry as well, not going to lie, and that cannot be said about just any poem.

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns
The shift looks great, in my opinion. Nice work! This inspires me to write poetry as well, not going to lie, and that cannot be said about just any poem.
Thank you so much, and that's wonderful. It'll be awesome to see what you come with. I'm always glad and grateful to see people inspired 💕

Users who are viewing this thread