• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Wolven Queen: A Northern Rebellion [Interest Check]

idalie

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙᴀʙʏʟᴏɴ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Wolven Queen

At night I still hear the screams
Haunted by everything you took from me
But lying there in my blood
I vowed to myself that my day would come,

When you hear my battle cry
Fire and wrath burning in my eyes
You kicked a Queen to the floor
And raised a warrior.

These scars will never heal
So I bandage them in layers of steel
Till I see a girl no more
But a she-wolf ready to win this war.

The North was once a proud country, the powerhouse of iron ore and agriculture; proficient in seafaring with some of the best sailors in the world. They were rich, pleasant lands of rolling green hills and dark winters. Pagans following the ways of the Old Gods, connected to the Earth with deep, ancestral roots. It was a day in Midsummer that the boats came, shadowing the horizons with foreboding. The wise-women had whispered of the comings that would turn the ages, and they came in the shape of an Empire. Thirsty for war, greedy for money.

The Eastmere Empire started with offering trade and through time turned the Northern tribes against one another. Their infighting weakened them, so when the time was right, the Empire began to purge the wise-women, the Druids, those who had divine power. Next they came for the chieftains, offering to leave them be if they signed a declaration of obedience.

1. Their only trading partner would be the Empire.
  2. Every first-born son would be a soldier of the Empire.
  3. Their right to religious freedom was forfeited, and they would outlaw praise and preaching of the Old Gods.
  4. They would be ruled by the Emperor and fall beneath his domain. All land would be the property of the Empire.

Tribes who resisted were wiped out. Yet pockets of men and women who still held the Old Ways dear created an underground resistance. They would not let the North forget. It was during a dispute of land between the Empire and one of the Tribes, that a chief was killed. His daughters raped. Wife beaten. They were the Vadinii. A warning to those who might argue against the rule of their divine Emperor.

His wife was known as Ailith. Her Highness, the only survivor.
Her screams, her begging, her call for mercy; would wake the North from mountains to sea. A bereaved mother, a native, and the wife of a murdered man. A She-Wolf would rise from the remnants of her slaughtered family with a thirst for blood.

War is not a woman's game. But she could no longer fight with her words and raised a blade. Ailith called the Three Great Tribes to the Grasslands, bearing new scars of her mistreatment. Now was the time to rise.

Damnonii - Famed for strength and prowess in battle, they’re far more hand-to-hand in combat and settle their differences through duels. They live within the mountain ranges of the far North, being hardy, broad and the tallest of the clans (Men being from 6’4” - 6’7”. Women being from 5’10-6’4”). Said to be descended from Ice Giants, these peoples are stubborn and prideful.

“Ice in heart, stone in fist.” [CLAN CHIEFTAIN: WANTED]

Epidii - Famed for eye and aim, Epidii have steady hands for spears and archery. They do well with long-distance attacks as well as having an adept mounted division of bareback riders. Natives of the Grasslands, usually being small and slim but strong in build. Said to be descended from the fair-folk (elves). Arrogant yet loyal. (Men being from 5’5” - 5’8”. Women being from 5’0” - 5’6”).
“Sky above, breath within.” [CLAN CHIEFTAIN: WANTED]

Vadinii - Famed for their connection to the Divine (producing the strongest seers) and quick on their feet to solve problems, excelling at using strategies in their favour. Vadinii are usually red-headed, with a slightly lighter build yet not as small as Epidii. Due to being nearest to the coasts, they have the best sailors and ships in the North. Said to be descended from Selkies which give Vadinii women terrible wanderlust during their youth. Quick to temper and hard to soothe. (Men being from 5’10” - 6’2”. Women being from 5’3 - 5’9”).
“Fire and Iron.” [CLAN CHIEFTAIN: AILITH]

There will be small elements of magic (Seers, Wise-women, use of minor witchcraft, charms etc)

If there's enough interest, I'll go ahead with the thread! Don't feel shy to pop a message, ask any questions, or ask for a role!
You'll need to be able to write at least a five-line paragraph for replies! No one liners!

The Wolven Queen: A Northern Rebellion [IC]
[Main Thread]

Last edited:
Interesting. What roles are up for playing other than the two clan chieftains? Seers and wise women? Do the chieftains have to be males? Can we also play someone in the Empire?

Also, is this a GM-directed RP, or a player-written one?

Interesting. What roles are up for playing other than the two clan chieftains? Seers and wise women? Do the chieftains have to be males? Can we also play someone in the Empire?

Also, is this a GM-directed RP, or a player-written one?
Seers, Wise-Women, Warriors, all are open! You can even be a healer (Which is occasionally something the wise-women take on), or field blacksmith.

Chieftans don't have to be males but women often have to work harder for the position or have their husband die (Ex: Ailith above)

You can play someone in the Empire, I'll be opening slots with the CS and Lore pages. You'll be able to play a General or underling, although a footsoldier might be a bit lonely unless you plan on getting captured or someone else comes along etc.

It'll be a bit of both, I'll be pushing the plot forward as much as I can, but I want to incorporate skill and decision from the players. Hopefully, I'll be setting up a Discord OOC (And an RpN one) to talk out anything the players want to do, as well as accommodating anything else. (:

Interested! I'mma be an Empire General! FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE! ALL BARBARIANS WILL BEND THE KNEE! Ahem, sorry. Just a big fan of Roman history, and the Empire is very similar to them. Also, hello friend!

ooh im super interested
I had an idea for a character, because I think it would be interesting to have a female chieftain of the damnonii, maybe someone who's parent was the previous chieftan and they fought tooth and nail to get the position, and despite putting on a knowledgeable facade, is still desperately trying to figure everything out.
If that uhh sounds good to you lol I just had a stroke of inspiration.

also woah hey it's my boi hey there

ooh im super interested
I had an idea for a character, because I think it would be interesting to have a female chieftain of the damnonii, maybe someone who's parent was the previous chieftan and they fought tooth and nail to get the position, and despite putting on a knowledgeable facade, is still desperately trying to figure everything out.
If that uhh sounds good to you lol I just had a stroke of inspiration.

also woah hey it's my boi hey there
Sure! The Damnonii would most likely put strength and confidence over charisma, just get yourself a neato wise-woman to help :p
Go ahead with it! (Wen I manage to put up all the threads)

Interested! I'mma be an Empire General! FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE! ALL BARBARIANS WILL BEND THE KNEE! Ahem, sorry. Just a big fan of Roman history, and the Empire is very similar to them. Also, hello friend!
Looks like you and Kloudy Kloudy are gonna be good friends then :') Thats it for generals though! Just you two x

*Raises hand*
I have a question!
I see that you added that 'minor witchcraft' thing. Those that mean we can make our characters know minor magic or.....? Also, I'm guessing there's no witches or at least a person very skilled in witchcraft in a tribe? Or is that what wise women are? Sorry for so many questions!

*Raises hand*
I have a question!
I see that you added that 'minor witchcraft' thing. Those that mean we can make our characters know minor magic or.....? Also, I'm guessing there's no witches or at least a person very skilled in witchcraft in a tribe? Or is that what wise women are? Sorry for so many questions!
No problemo! Its why i'm here to answer them :p

All witchcraft is seen as very much a woman's craft, give or take the exception of a few men. Witches not only offer help in the way of charms and concoctions but play roles such as midwives, wise-women, etc. Being a witch is something widely regarded as important and a respected craft. The Empire is currently trying to wipe witches out.

Generally your average man or woman would know very simple charms if any at all. There isn't so much in the way of shooting lightening, but rather a charm to find clean water; good luck; to always find prey and never go hungry. These 'charms' (usually made out of bone) would have to be imbued by the touch of a witch.

Hmm... A few more question. So there are witches but is there like, a ranking of some sort? Or are all of them the same level? Also, does that mean I could make a witch character?

Hmm... A few more question. So there are witches but is there like, a ranking of some sort? Or are all of them the same level? Also, does that mean I could make a witch character?
Witches don't have a 'ranking' per se. Knowledge is carried on orally, and the older you are generally the more you know. However a Witch from the Damnonii might know how to better handle an illness than the Epidii because her grandmother passed down the information (and vice versa).

You can indeed make a Witch! Doesnt have to be a wise woman either, just remember the younger the Witch is the more she still has yet to learn. ;^)

Cool, cool. One last question. I kind of have a tight schedule so is it alright if I'm only able to be active on the weekends. The only reason I'm active now is because I'm kind of on holiday. Is that fine?
Oh yeah. Though it's kind of shallow-ish question, do we need to use real pictures, animated ones or realistic animated ones? It's kind of important for me to know cause that'll be the deciding factor whether or not I'll really go for this. Again, sorry if I sound shallow. :ghostunu:

Cool, cool. One last question. I kind of have a tight schedule so is it alright if I'm only able to be active on the weekends. The only reason I'm active now is because I'm kind of on holiday. Is that fine?
Oh yeah. Though it's kind of shallow-ish question, do we need to use real pictures, animated ones or realistic animated ones? It's kind of important for me to know cause that'll be the deciding factor whether or not I'll really go for this. Again, sorry if I sound shallow. :ghostunu:
That'd be fine, but you might get a little left behind -- so just make sure you stay in the ooc! ^^

Also thats fine, its not shallow :p
I'm looking for realistic artwork or period appropriate real life faceclaims. (I'll only accept anime if its period appropriate or the only thing you can find. And it can't be generic shite *^*)

Okay, thanks for answering! As for the picture thing, are these considered realistic artwork enough for you or are these considered period appropriate anime?

f71ccdc6f6fd2bc0b508ee0ce69db34f.jpg

a1d19df36d597e9497d7af7cb7b0e6e9--libra-zodiac-capricorn.jpg

53e80bbee74a43bda12f6f0998bad54d.jpg

latest

Sorry for posting so many. Just wanted to make sure what was considered okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back