• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Wolf’s Plotting Lair (Fandoms and originals!) (Updated August 16 2021)

Beutelwolf

The Overlord
giphy.gif

About Me
  • I’m 21 and (please be over 18, if there’s any romance at all I get uncomfortable with minors. Platonic is fine! Be at least 16 for that!)
  • I won’t respond to messages on this thread. I'm not being rude, I just miss a lot of thread notifications.
  • I play both male and female characters but am most comfortable with males
  • I’m an aroace disaster. Preference order goes platonic, MxF then MxM
  • I can write a lot when I get excited. 500 words is probably my minimum
  • I’m a chatty person! I may take a while to warm up to you, but I live OOC talk in rps.
  • I'm a dark person, this means I have no limits. This can somewhat show in my darker roleplays. In historical settings, I'm cool with romanticizing some things, but I still want darker themes true to the context. The same with serial killers and paranormal type roleplays. Just be careful with mental illness though. If you're going to use it, just make sure to research it a lot.
  • For fandoms, I primarily play OCs and am more comfortable with those. However, there are a couple I MIGHT be willing to play in the right context. I’d prefer to stick to OCs though

Fandoms
  • Star Wars*
  • Fallout*** (have played all the games + DLC but craving a New Vegas)
  • Bioshock *
  • Assassins Creed
  • Metro 2033* (I will love you forever)
  • Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl*
  • Call of Cthulhu* and Sinking City
  • Sinking City
  • Welcome to Nightvale
  • Various literary themes

• I tried to insert the image, but in short it was about where Muse A is Romanian and they meet Muse B outside of Romania and they meet outside of Romania. Well they go back to visit Muse A’s parents and it’s revealed that either Muse A’s dad is Dracula or their are like part of the ancient blood line of vampires leading to Dracula and are like rolling and are like “I’m surprised you didn’t figure it out and thought you just didn’t mention it.”

Original Plot Ideas I have
  • Something kind of Haunted Mansion themed (ghost x reincarnated lover) (I have an idea sort of Haunted Mansion x Corpse Bride kind of inspired)​
  • Something Titanic based​

So my idea is loosely inspired by the movie Honest Thief. Basically MC would be a top of the line thief of some kind. They’re the best of the best. But as they’re getting a conscience and going to turn themselves in, the agents handling their case get greedy and tried to take in the rewards and tries to set MC up with murder, which happens to actually be the responsibility of YC. YC is a serial killer. The details of why they do what they do is all on your imagination they can be a Dexter type and we can have a Robin Hood duo or whatever else you want.

Somehow in the process of everything, MC escapes and—in trying to prove they are a thief and not a murder—ends up tracking YC down.

Now here is where we can do some plotting. They can either end up on the run together, start going on a little crime spree getting back at the people who are messing them over, etc etc.

This is the shortened form of this. Things are a lot more complicated and I already have some worldbuilding done/background but my wifi is out thus I am typing this on my phone.
This could fit in either like a 19th century or World War 1 kind of setting or even like a medieval type?
This seems heavily skewed towards Muse A but I am leaving your character for you to insert into the story. Most of the plot is really open besides the basic world and premise so there is a lot of room for plotting! I have a few ideas of where we can go but we can talk that out
Muse A was always handed the short stick. Born the youngest twin, or the “Devil’s Child” as they liked to call him, he missed the throne by a matter of minutes and few ever let him forget it. Growing up he held a grudge against his brother which made him ruthless, but eventually he saw better and realized he was more content without it. More of a scholar and a advisor, he learned to stomach the snide remarks and learned to cover his brother’s own inadequacies from the shadows.
Being a second twin, he was never supposed to inherit anything anyway. The Queen would have a third child which would permanently move him out of succession. He accepted that, until disaster struck. In a matter of moments, an assassination attempt left A as the sole heir and the King in a race to find someone to marry into the political disaster of a family and a country. Years pass and the political situation only gets worse both domestically and internationally. The people are living under a tyrant and think Muse A had his brother and their beloved queen killed while most of the rest of the world had only heard his—entirely false—reputation of incompetence.
Well, once again things eventually boil over and go wrong. This would be around where the main plot begins (can change) a civil war type ordeal where A is forced to flee, there could be an assassin involved, maybe it’s an invading force, a bunch of things.

Briefly, and these will make less sense without explanation, but either we could have A hook onto or become like a poster child for this band of counter revolutionaries or partisans, there’s the idea of maybe having them inherit the throne of their mother’s birth nation. But a lot will depend on how we decide to play out the story and how we bring YC in. I promise I am not hogging the plot time!

So 100% Peaky Blinders inspired. It basically follows the romance between Tommy and Grace in S1.

Muse A is a shadow who rules the streets. Everyone answers to him, except no one knows its him. Muse B is the plant sent in to figure out who is behind it all and flush them out.

More vague than my others, this is indeed inspired by the movie by the same name. I am tired and getting pumped for the Obi wan series. So what I have so far

Character A being this completely awkward spy exactly how Christian was who for some reason gets thrown into the Moulin Rogue for some kind of job and he has no clue why they sent the most awkward guy in the entire agency (it could be related to some other skill set he has)

Character B could also be a spy or is somehow caught up in the conspiracy trying to get their footing in life (like Satine trying to be a real actress). They’re the ambitious and suave

Like I said I have no idea how to adapt the rest of the plot. Okay I have vague ideas? But I’d like to see if anyone if interested if they have anything in mind.

This is a major plot skeleton, but something I am wanting to explore. In summary, it sort of combines Corpse Bride, Muder: Soul Suspect, and my plot Ghost of New Orleans. I am explaining this one horribly, but I have a more detailed idea plotting out in my head.

Muse A was a prominent homicide detective from the late 1940's. They were young and ambitious with a head full of combat knowledge, which ultimately led to their demise. Investigating alone, fate finally caught up to them. Next thing they knew, they woke up in the precinct as a shadow unable to leave.

Muse B, from the modern era, has always been more perceptive to the world around them to the point they started to tune it out. Much like Muse A, they were young and a little too headstrong for their own good. New into town, their first job is to follow a series of copy cat killers to the source.

After a long and late night, Muse B happens to, quite literally, stumble into Muse A. A little shocked by the encounter, Muse A decides to roll with it and before long, the two are working on solving the case of the century

Muse A is the lone heir to one of the most successful serial killers in US history. For decades, his father tore through the country ripping apart everything in his path all while assuring any trails always ended up cold. Muse A's mother died when he was young (of natural causes) and when he came of age, he was pushed to take his father's legacy. It was something he never wanted. Although that instinct ran deep through his veins, he could always hold back. That meant as soon as he was old enough to get out of town, he did. Breaking free from the chains of his bloodline, he never looked back.

Muse B is a member of the Order of the Moon: a guild and brotherhood for those with a taste for blood. Almost introduced since birth, they have lived by the Order's teachings, as well as by their protection. Almost confined to the organization's lodge, they devoted their lives to the books and records of those who walked before. And almost as long as they had been a member, they were fascinated with the nameless being known as the Crow. Unlike all the other membership records, the Crow doesn't come with a face. Just a stack of files and a trail of victims. Over the years, and with the advancement of forensics, the Order is slowly dwindling. The Crow had become something of Muse B's role model. They were the one person who managed to stay in the shadows and though they want to keep the illusion up, they devoted their life to figuring out who the rightful King of the Order is. Years later, their search leads them to a tombstone and a forgotten grave. That leads them to the the forensic pathologist that is just trying to move on with their life. After a blunt attempt at getting Muse A to join the fading order, Muse B realizes they're just going to have to push Muse A into giving into their own dark desires
No matter what happens in the world, whoever grabs the the upper hand is the one who controls the world. It's a battle that has been raging as long as there has been civilization. It's a dangerous game where only the best survive, and even that isn't a guarantee.

Muse A and Muse B were the same side of a different coin. Working for two completely different agencies, they both had a reputation as being the one agent you didn't want to cross. You also certainly didn't want to get caught in the crossfire between the two. If there was a large game at play, the both of them were surely to be involved. In the middle of one of the largest jobs of both of their careers, Muse A suddenly goes quiet. Taking advantage of the situation, Muse B goes to make their move. Everything seems to go smoothly until Muse A shows up at their safe house door step beaten and bloody with a burn notice taped to their name.

1947 New Orleans, Louisiana.

When Henri Olivier finally left the war shredded shores of Europe, he didn’t know what was next. Unlike many, he quickly found his footing in the military and absolutely thrived. An OSS operative, he made his career of finding out things no one wanted him to know. Already decorated and facing promotion, the shot from the heart of Berlin ended it all. They probably should have kept him, but fate had other things in mind. Jobless and nearly homeless, the America he left in 1941 certainly wasn’t the one he returned to. Desperate, he found himself, mostly by accident, on the footsteps of the New Orleans police department. It was a career that his OSS training allowed for him to excel at, so much that they didn’t hesitate in bypassing standard promotional protocol. A little less than three years in, and suddenly he’s on the verge of busting the crime circuit of New Orleans wide open.

Muse B’s family stretches as far back as the city itself. As strong of a reputation that their family has, Muse B’s is even stronger. Everyone around the city knows them as the untouchable girl. Powerful, confident, and wealthy, they’re the type people sell their souls for, but Muse B has always been more interested in their own tunes. After her parents death, ultimately it was up to her to pave her own path. In a world largely ran by the men, she didn’t let it stop her. Besides inheriting the family name and fortune, she also got her claim to the family business. Singing in the family's jazz club since practically birth, she wasn't a strange face under the neon. Even moreso than when he parents were in charge, the clubs became even more of a success. Sure the clubs went under a massive reform, but it helps when you manage to unify every organized crime outlet in the city. Smuggling, trafficking, mod money, drugs, and anything else you can think of, it comes through her. Insanely smart, nothing links back to her. At every corner there’s always a man to take the fall with another one behind them. Even without the city payoffs, she was sitting comfortably, that is until the stubborn rookie detective starts poking around

(Sorry this is rambling on! I wrote this pretty late and on mobile. Basically MC is the former intelligence officer turned detective and yours is the queen pin of the entire New Orleans underworld. The role play will basically be MC getting close to YCs activities and YC trying to stop them. Of course there is the obvious romance to throw them off/keep track of the investigation. But we can get creative with hitmen and YC framing mine and having him arrested. Paying off cops to destroy evidence. Ect! Basically like every noir detective story with the pretty femme fatale singer) (Open to adding an occult element in here)

Years had passed since humanity’s own ignorance and greed threw the world into flame. Like the ticking of a clock, bombs erupted leaving nothing behind but radiation and devastation. Those who survive managed to do so by sheltering underground. Those who were in bunkers lasted a little while, but those who made it to the metro stations? They thrived. Well thrived as much as you could in cramped conditions while being hunted by mutated creatures.

Anyone who went to the outside world was considered insane. If it wasn’t the beasts that hunted them, they usually fell victim to the harsh weather or the poison in the air. These people who made trips to the surface, they were known as stalkers.

Like many, Muse A was born underground. Their entire life was spent staring at metal walls and living with no personal space. When they were a teenager, desperate for money, they joined on to a merchant group as a guard. After seeing the open sky for the first time, they never looked back. Officially becoming a stalker, they were outside multiple times a week. Soon it became more frequent to the point that Muse A only came back down to the stations to sell off supplies and stock up.

Like Muse A, Muse B was also born below ground. They grew up hearing stories of the outside world, but they never cared. The attacks to their station were frequent enough that they didn’t want to see what the world had in store. They also knew that eventually they would have to succeed their father as leader of the station and such mentality was more harmful than good. After another wave of attacks, Muse B was forced to flee, not knowing the tunnels they ended up gasping for breath on the surface as the tunnels caved in behind them. Lost and wandering for somewhere secure, they find their way to a building that seems safe enough, a building that happens to be Muse A’s temporary camp.

(Muse B could have a set mission that they need to do, they could be just trying to get back underground, or just straight up survival)

Original Themes I'm interested in

History (Craving an Industrial Revolution type of thing and the World Wars but will do others just ask!)
[*]War
[*]Superheroes
[*]Technology
[*]Politics
[*]Crime/espionage
[*]Space
[*]Paranormal/Ghosts
[*]Maybe something musical/music related
[*]Horror

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things so if you have any other ideas feel free to just ask! I love plotting so don’t be shy!

Available Character Bank (Will be updated as characters are used and added. These are shortened bios as well longer ones will be provided for whatever roleplays they are used in)

Full Name: Alexander Roulin
Homeland: Switzerland

Personality:
Personality: Overly focused and generally a pessimistic realist, he has a habit of spacing out and getting over involved in tasks. He's generally closed off and keeps to himself, but isn't completely antisocial. He spent his time in the spotlight and just prefers the quiet over the flashing lights anymore. Behind the closed doors, he's humble and loyal to the point he could get in trouble and it has bit him in the butt a time or two. He's a bit of a paradox. Overly cautious, but at the same time a bit of a gambler who is willing to take risks and a scardey cat who can't live without a healthy dose of adrenaline flowing through his veins. He's his loudest when he never says a word and keeps his people the closest when he seems like he keeps the furthest away.

History/Background
History: Unlike his siblings who always found themselves drawn to the more practical hobbies. Zander was never quite content with skiing, hockey, or kicking a ball around. One mistake of watching a race on television and deep down he knew that he was meant to do nothing else but that and it always felt like the cars knew it too. Living close to the Austrian and Italian border, he spent most of his youth training and racing there and it didn't take long to get his shot at the lower amateur and professional circuits before he was finally called up to the big show. When he made it up, he was one of those forces. He won some and lost some but was the driver who always got picked on for never taking enough risks. He relied too much on the car and too much on his own talent. A rival stepped into the scene and that mixed with pressure from the owners and sponsors got to him, he started making more and more moves he shouldn't have been making. Then the day finally came. He barely made it out of the burning car and when he did, he could barely get back behind the wheel. In the blink of an eye his career was over. So he melted into oblivion. Got as far away from that scene as he could and then cut everyone off.

(So there were multiple plot ideas I had for this, one is a SOL as a small town mechanic in the middle of nowhere US. The other involves a crime type of RP where he somehow gets roped into being a getaway driver)

Last edited:
I have never done anything like it, but I *really* want to try The Ghosts of New Orleans.

I've been pretty flaky lately, but I might message you. Just posting this here so I can subscribe and remember to message you at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back