• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท (4-5 players check)

demonology

๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’š๐’•๐’‰.
If you have any questions at all, let me know below! I already have the CS link up, so feel free to start working on your audition if you'd like! I should have mine up sometime tomorrow.

btw click the title to open for more info (:

• the witches of

welton

an ahs: coven meets dead poets society rp

โ™กdesign by low fidelity, coded by uxieโ™ก

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–‘๐–Œ๐–”๐–š๐–Š

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

the term witch is used as a gender-neutral term, though the terms wizard or warlock are not uncommon to use!

๐“”stablished
in 1692, ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ถ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท saw nineteen of its people die at the gallows. Upon escaping the Massachusetts death trap, the remaining witches sought to protect their kind from further endangerment. ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท opted to split up for its own protection, though they had set-up temporarily in Vermont. Every year since 1693, The Coven meets to discuss new dilemmas facing their kind, including witch hunters and the picking of a new Supreme.
It wasn't until the early 20th century that The Coven began to see a problem with the evolution of its kind. Many powerful families, including the Proctors and Willaimses died out before they could even see the first World War. The separateness of The Coven made it weaker instead of stronger. Hunters could more easily kill them off, one by one, and on top of that, people opted to not have children. The Coven grew to regret its decision to only meet once every five years after 1776, which saw America's independence. The Coven felt safer, oddly enough, knowing that a new order was being brought about. Tragically, they saw the penance for such laziness.

By the 1920s, The Coven's select governing body, called The Board, ordered all of the remaining families to return to Vermont, where they would raise their children in the knowledge of their divine gifts. Pretending they weren't witches didn't help them any, so The Coven began a new tactic of embracing what made them unique. Magical energy only increased amongst The Coven as more families died out, making them all the more powerful and fearsome. The law of conservation of Magical energy also made it all the easier to spot when a new witch cropped up. Though most witches come from families within The Coven, they can also sprout in non-Magical families by pure chance. Magic is a finicky thing, and it often appears to have a mind of its own. In fact, most Supremes come from non-Magical backgrounds. When Magic chooses someone, it's usually a good sign

When Daisy Goode was the first girl to receive a scholarship to ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐”‚ in 1965, The Coven celebrated her miraculous achievement. At the time, no one suspected that perhaps Magic and its control on Fate would result in Daisy stumbling upon the next Supreme: Blaire Blanc. They were the first two girls to attend Welton that year, and Daisy's abilities to magnify and detect Magic only made their friendship all the more likely. She knew that Blaire was rifled with Magic, more than she'd ever felt before. More than the current Supreme's powers, even.
Thus began the relationship between ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท and ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐”‚. Each year since Blaire rose to power as the Supreme, the witches and wizards of The Coven attend Welton, either on scholarship or through being of the elite. Many of The Coven's families went on to become highly successful, especially once they put their Magic to good use. With Blaire came the dawn of a new age: a time where witches were to be proud of who they were, even if they had to hide it from those pesky humans. In her time, over 20 new witches have been found and added to The Coven, providing homes and loving families and Siblings for them if their human parents rejected the opportunity to let their child see their full potential. The Coven is a force to be reckoned with, and Blaire Blanc made sure of this.
However, on the dawn of Blaire's 70th year on Mother Earth, 2020s present a dilemma. Supreme Blanc's time is running out, and everyone in The Coven, even the most fledgling of witches, has sensed Magic flowing into someone else. Blaire Blanc is not the powerful witch she used to be, and it shows. Her age is starting to get to her, and her closest friend, Daisy Good's child, [NAME TBD] has sensed her Magic dimming. The time is almost up for Ms. Blanc, and another Supreme is starting to rise.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

๐“˜n the old days of ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐”‚, ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚ were a collective of silly boys who simply wanted to enjoy each other's company and delight in mankind's greatest gift: poetry. Started by Mr. John Keating, a former teacher in addition to a former student, the group was revamped by a generation after him, though this did not end well. When Neil Perry died, DPS did not meet for an entire year. However, once his friends reached a point in their grieving where they realized Neil would want the collective to carry on, DPS continued. At least until the group of guys left for college, going their separate ways.

When Blaire Blanc and Daisy Goode began to attend Welton's halls, The Dead Poets Society was created once more. This time, however, it served as a clever cover for witches to convene on the school's premises. While the DPS of 1965 consisted solely of Blaire and Daisy, it quickly became a staple of co-ed Welton. Something about the Magic that hummed under Welton's campus drew witches in. By the time Blaire and Daisy graduated, the Dead Poets Society had five members. While two of them were simply Blaire and Daisy and one was a girl apart of ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท, the two new members thoroughly surprised Coven witches. It appeared that The Dead Poets Society served an invaluable purpose, as it not only provided witches with much-needed safety and communication, but it also provided comfort and light-hearted fun. From 1969 and onward, ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚ became a permanent institution to Welton, though still secret in nature as its original founders intended.

In a strange way, The Dead Poets Society became a Coven for teenage witches. As the years passed on, more and more humans began to learn about The Dead Poets Society, either through investigating old records, hearing the ghost story about Neil Perry haunting the school grounds, etc. Eventually, DPS became a secret society of sorts, as people assumed that those apart of it were chosen based on an elusive set of qualities. Even when witches apart of DPS denied such rumors, the student population dictated otherwise. It began to control many facets of the social hierarchy of Welton, given those part of such an elite society were untouchable. At least no one figured out where The Dead Poets Society meets, which is in the same cave the 1959 members sat in.

Out of respect to their forefathers, all Dead Poets Society meetings begin with the same refrain, and the first thirty minutes of every meeting is spent reading poetry, either published or unpublished works. However, the next hour of each weekly meeting is spent discussing the most important matters, particularly things that have to do with The Coven and the safety of Welton witches. Though, most of the time, DPS witches end up getting off-topic and laughing together. Every Dead Poets Society meeting is filled with joy and laughter. Well, usually.

๐“ ๐“๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“”๐“ป๐“ช

๐“•or centuries, witches have roamed the earth. Once in a blue moon, Magic has a mind of its own. The villains of witches, including witch hunters and supernatural creatures that sense the Magic that flows within humanoid veins, pose a greater threat than usual. This is primarily due to the fact that a select handful of witches (by pure chance or Fate, the world may never know) possess a strange amount of Magic. Usually, witches can sense this upon their birth, though occassionally it takes longer. Perhaps, even, it takes a special location. A place where Magic is drawn to it.

๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐”‚ sits above a leyline- the central one in fact. This leyline leads to Hell, if you travel on it long enough. Most witches, not even the ones who attend Welton, know how special this leyline. In fact, even if they do, they do not think much of it. Magic is random, flowing between witches freely. Leylines aren't used to strengthen one's Magic; they're used to have better clarity about the world beyond. A leyline that leads to Hell helps connect people to ghosts, hence why witches with the power of Ressurection or Clairvoyance find their powers strengthened on the leyline. Yet, when Magic has already chosen four or five witches to infest with more energy than usual, Welton only worsens this feeling.

The 2020 to 2021 ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚ is in for a handful, especially as they all begin to realize just how special they are. Witches of yore say that when Magic opts to flow into a select group of witches, it means something. Magic is trying to tell the witches something, usually for their own protection. Upon realizing this, the DPS are now aware of just how much danger they might be in. Monster attacks have been on the rise, along with killings at the hands of hunters. The DPS witches have been warned to travel quietly when attending their on-campus meetings. Even the most powerful witches, including the Supreme, are trembling in fear of what this means for The Coven.

As Blaire Blanc's powers continue to dimmer, the youngest witches of The Coven are growing more aware of the fact that one of them is meant to be the next Supreme. Competition is starting to poison the Dead Poets Society meetings. It doesn't help that more than one witch has developed proficiency in one or more of The Seven Wonders. Not only that, they're a unique bunch of powerful witches. Who else has known a witch who possesses the power of a Black Widow while also knowing one that has the power of Resurrection? Magic glows and enflames the veins of these powerful young witches, and one can only hope they all survive to see a new era for The Coven. That is if they don't all die out before then.

๐“ฃ๐“›๐““๐“ก;

Because I know there's a lot to unpack there, I'm going to try to summarize what's happening!

• The group of witches, who all attend Welton Academy, will consist of 5 members
  • The term 'witch' is used as a gender-neutral term, so I hope everyone won't feel compelled to create solely female characters!
  • The Dead Poets Society is an age-old club at Welton, though now it's turned into more of a secret society that only the most 'elite' can get into
  • However, this is all a cover because all members of The DPS are teenage members of The Salem Coven, a centuries' old Coven that seeks to protect any and all witches, though finding new ones isn't very easy
  • Blaire Blanc is the current Supreme, the most powerful witch in the Coven
  • As Blaire Blanc gets older, a new Supreme shall rise to power and currently that predicted Supreme exists within the DPS. However, all five of the witches in The Dead Poets Society possess some qualities that make them a possible candidate for being the Supreme!
  • Beyond figuring out who's the next Supreme, all the witches in the DPS are struggling with boarding school life along with the potential threat of monsters and witch hunters
  • Oh also- Welton Academy's lands lie on a leyline that leads straight to Hell!

alt text

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚ consists of five members, all of different capacities as witches. The majority of them have known each other since they were children. Three of the five are heavily familiar with ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท, though two of them are fairly new. One of the two is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Though, the other four don't know this. In fact, not even The Coven would think that a witch would also be a hunter.

Currently, The DPS are preoccupied with who will be the next Supreme. ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ‘ is supposedly next in line, given Blaire felt her powers dim when they were born. However, every other character has presented equally strong powers. While this causes some rifts between the students, they try to keep things civil and focus on the preservation of their kind and their school work. Traditionally, The Dead Poets Society perpetually get up to mischief, human or Magical.

I know that there aren't that many roles to pick from. I did this one purpose in hopes that I could play around with close-knit plotting! I'm willing to whip up one or two more roles if a whole slew of people really want to participate. However, at the moment, only five roles are available to be claimed.

I've also added magical strengths to each character. You're more than welcome to add to this (within reason), but I wanted to make sure that not every character had the power of resurgence or something. It should also be noted that every character has the capacity of being the next Supreme. Though I don't give a single character the capacity to wield all of The Seven Wonders. I will private message the person who has the character that will become the next Supreme and ask them to bear in mind that their character will have all of the Seven Wonders present eventually, but I want to keep that secret as long as possible ;)).

One last note: You can find more information on the different powers I outlined in every character's stats here

alt text
{ seventeen }
๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐
Mileshka Cortes

ยป grandchild of Daisy Goode
ยป charismatic
ยป ruler of the football team
ยป kind and inclusive
ยป the de-facto leader of most everything
ยป feels stifled by the world and therefore seeks thrilling adventures
ยป constantly flirting with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ
ยป a beacon of 'good vibes'
ยป always manages to get out of trouble
ยป found out about their abilities concerning resurgence when they saved their dad from death
ยป childhood best friends with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ‘ and ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ’, though their flirtationship with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ has complicated this matter

๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–˜
Magic TypePresentUnpresent
Seven Wonders AbilitiesVitalum VitalisTelekinesis, Transmutation
Uncommon PowersResurgenceBlack-Widow
Extra SpecialtiesTarot, ScryingCrafting Guardian's Chalices

alt text
{ sixteen }

ยป new to The Coven; their powers didn't come into fruition until they started attending Welton
ยป shy and introverted
ยป nose always in a book
ยป comes from a low-income family that expects the most from them
ยป on scholarship
ยป refuses to ask for help EVER
ยป likes ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ but is too afraid to admit it
ยป never uses their Magic for ill-will, even when they could use what they know against people
ยป in Latin with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ‘ to improve their spellcasting (even if they find ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ‘ annoying as hell)

๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–˜
Seven Wonders AbilitiesTelekinesisConcilium[Divination]
Uncommon PowersClairvoyanceTempus Infinitum
Extra SpecialtiesSpellcrafting (though not very good at it)Crafting Aura Shields

alt text
{ sixteen }

ยป predicted to be the next Supreme, which has kind of gone to their head
ยป a bit full of themselves but itโ€™s no problem... until they do something self-centered because of it
ยป lively and perpetually the center of attention
ยป in Jazz Band and Orchestra at school
ยป the star of the drama department
ยป lead singer of a band with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ“ and acts like it too
ยป tends to use their powers for nefarious things
ยป enrolled in Latin classes at Welton to improve their already above-average spellcasting
ยป childhood best friends with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ, so they have a complicated relationship with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ, who they feel has replaced them

๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–˜
Seven Wonders AbilitiesPyrokinesis, Telekinesis, Transmutation
Uncommon PowersIllusion ManipulationTelekinetic Natural Disasters
Extra SpecialtiesSpellcrafting in general

alt text
{ eighteen }

ยป really sweet and innocent
ยป well, the innocent part is an act.
ยป known to shoplift with ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐Ÿ
ยป campus drug dealer
ยป hopelessly in love with the same person since they were a freshman
ยป master liar
ยป deaf in one ear
ยป grew up extremely sheltered, even compared to their fellow Coven DPS members

๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–˜
Seven Wonders AbilitiesVitalum Vitalis, DivinationConcilium, Transmutation
Uncommon PowersLie DetectionThe Sight
Extra SpecialtiesTruth Enchantment

alt text
{ seventeen }

ยป new to The Coven
ยป parents are very stern and expect a lot out of them
ยป comes from a very powerful family (perhaps royalty?)
ยป loves to garden and is known to save a plant from near death
ยป didn't have very many friends as a child, resulting in them turning to their garden as a way to get away from their parents
ยป comes from a long line of witch hunters (not known to the other characters)
ยป supposed to be invading The Coven
ยป that didn't work well when they discovered they had powers too... no they're caught between two worlds

๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–˜
Seven Wonders AbilitiesConcilium, TransmutationPyrokinesis
Uncommon PowersMastery of the ElementsMemory Manipulation
Extra SpecialtiesPotioncrafting (despite being new to The Coven, they're very good at herbalism)

Last edited:
Hello! I am def interested in Role 2. Where would I be able to submit my application?

hi there! I totally forgot to link the cs sheet above so sorry abt that. The place to post auditions is here

Hi, I would be interested, but I am not on a real keyboard at the moment so is it ok to provide stuff when I am able?

Thank you

Hi, I would be interested, but I am not on a real keyboard at the moment so is it ok to provide stuff when I am able?

Thank you
Hi there! Thatโ€™s totally fine :) auditions wonโ€™t be closing for another week

bump! roles 3 & 4 don't have auditions yet ((((:

I'm interested in role 3 - but my eyesight is having a hard time with the little box lol could you send it to me Via PM?

another annoying little bump!!

Will do, I love your entire set-up and everything. I was eyeing role three but role five ๐Ÿ˜ fits a lot on my general character set ups to a T - I have been inspired
Omg yay!! Iโ€™m glad :)

another lil bump (;

Hey, I'm intrigued! I love the lore here, you really went all out!
Aww thank you!! I'd love to have you join in ((((:

bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back