The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

(I'm going to try to reply wih my phone so be patient please gal. Oh by the way the reason behind not being able to respond was I finally got engaged!). Adrianna couldn't help but give a museful smirk at Aaron as he was talking to Ryan. She didn't normally get contentment from messing with someone's nerves but this situation was pretty damn halirious to her. "Nah man already been there done that. Thanks for asking though, by the way tonight we're going with the others to get a few drinks. If you would like to come we would love for you to tag along man." Ryan said watching Adrianna as she went down each stall, looking at the markings on each one. Faith's breath left her as she peered into stall. "Ryan? Sorry to interupt but who's horse is this?" she managed to saying, forgetting that she needed to be rude. The markings of the stallion that was in the stall had the exact markings and formation that Gunner had. "I was meaning to tell you Adri. Those people paid a lot of money to get some frozen semen that you all stored here from Gunner about two years ago." Ryan said hurriedly trying to find the right words to make her mind not go in circles. Adrianna couldn't keep her eyes off of him for a moment before looking to Ryan trying to keep her eyes from getting to damp. "Damn it Ryan how much are we talking? If anything do they have a good trainer? I could train him like I did Gunner. Please just give me their names so I can ask them myself." She said, roughly pulling her fingers through her hair out of a nervous habit.

Sure, Ryan, I'll go with," Aaron said, crossing his arms. He wasn't happy he would be going out with Adrianna, but he liked Ryan. Ryan was a cool guy. It would unfair to himself not to go have fun with his friends because of one person. "I haven't been out drinking since competition season started....You know how it is." His eyes followed Ryan's and wandered over to Adrianna without his permission. In less than a few seconds, the girl got excited and jittery, practically jumping out of her skin whie she asked Ryan about one of the horses. Aaron couldn't help but wonder if she would have had the same immediate reaction if hedidn't know she used to ride and own a horse. If she hadn't slipped up only a few minutes before in the arena. Wow he'd only known this girl for about an hour and had learned so much about her. He didn't even like her, but could sympathize about Gunner. Fessing up to a....to a rude stranger about your past and then finding your late horse's foal all in less than one hour must be a bit rough.

(Ooh...Drama bomb X)

No problem! COngratulations c:)

{Hell yeah got to make it interesting. Thank you there's a lot of planning to do for the wedding though.}

The horse nickered faintly as he twitched his upper lipthrough the bars of the stall, making Adrianna nerves drop at the sight. Shestill had the edge of wanting to know the owners of this horse. What were theodds of her seeing him here? Zero to nothing. She always went basically withthe flow of things and let her faith set in around her. Ryan sighed getting herthe number from his phone. She nodded thanks before plugging into the dial onhers. She held up the phone to her ear as she walked out of the barn. Ryanturned to Aaron with a slight laugh. “She doesn’t deal well with change. Lookingat her now you would having never guessed she used to be the most down to EarthI’d ever met. Instead of a sports car she had a damn rusty pick-up truck.Instead of heels she always had jeans and cowgirl boots on. It’s crazy how muchthat girl has changed in two years.” He said shaking his head for a splitmoment in disappointment. He shrugged his shoulders at the situation, tryingnot to let his mind sit on the idea to long. “She’s still hot as hell though.See you later tonight bud.” He said closing the feed room before getting in histruck that he just unloaded.

~Around 9 o’clock~

There was only one bar town so everyone that wanted to havea good night always came there. Ryan had texted the people he had invited thetime and everyone was mostly there. He had offered Adrianna a ride but shewanted to drive herself. When she walked through the bar doors his mouthdropped causing him to bring the drink to his mouth to take a sip. Beforesitting the booth with Ryan’s friends she ordered a mixed drink that consistedof Coke and Crown. “Hell yeah man. Iforgot they had a mechanical bull.” She called as Ryan stood up to allow her toget in the booth, giving the men that were looking at her dirty looks.

"I would have paid money to see that girl," Aaron told Ryan as he told him all about Adrianna from two years ago. Aaron had only been riding at the barn about a year. His last barn had some serious problems. He never would have even considered boarding and riding there if he had known that the owner liked to take her anger out on her horses and students. Thank God, his mare was safe, as her owner was a boarder; but one day Aaron walked in and saw his trainer yelling and screaming at some poor girl because the horse she was riding had spooked and kicked the fence in. It was the girl's fault because while she was going over a jump, she had slipped in the stirrup and brought her hip down by mistake. Aaron talked to the girl, who was only 16, and heard about what the woman did when her boarders weren't present. He asked around, and the girl's words proved true. The only reason Aaron and his mare were safe was because boarders pay more than students alone, and Aaron rode twice a week. After he had found a better barn that met his high standards, he moved. "Adrianna was hot as hell in my eyes before she opened her mouth," he added with a laugh, then clapped Ryan on the shoulder. "I'll meet you there."

At around ten minutes after nine o'clock, Aaron stepped through the doors of the bar. He walked up to the booth that seated Ryan, Adrianna and a few other faceless people he had met a few times before. From the looks of it, he was the last person to show up. He slid in next to a short, light-haired man and looked around at all the people, not bothering to acknowledge Adrianna. He didn't need to be arrested because he got in to a bar fight. "Hope I'm not too late, what's going on?"

(I'm happy for you =) )

Adrianna gets a few drinks in her system she loves everyone,even if she hates you guts when she’s sober. When Aaron sat down at the booth she asked Ryan to allow her to get up. He nodded standing to his feet allowing her to get out of the booth. He sat back down watching silently her movements as she walked to the counter. “Damn” He muttered underneath his breath before looking to Aaron. “You can never be too later for this crowd man. The band just started playing so probably everybody about to find someone to dance with. It doesn’t matter who it’s with either.” Ryan said, his speech was obviously already slurring slightly. Ryan got up with a gentle smirk as he went to the bar, wrapping his arms around Adri’s waist as she knocked back shots. “Dance with me?” He asked before she just smirked leading him to the crowded dance floor. Adri had that old spark in her eyes as she wrapped her hands around his neck. Her favorite country song was playing that she hadn’t heard ever since she had left. While she was swaying with Ryan she couldn’t help but just want to be back at the barn. She had gotten in touch with owners and they were interested in her training him but not owning him. While the pictures of the horse flashed back into her mind it told her she needed more alcohol. “Excuse me.” She said with a simple smile as she walked to the counter once again, knocking a few more shots of whiskey to the back of her throat. Once she couldn’t see straight and think clearly she decreased the drinking and went back to Ryan. It didn’t matter how much drinks she had. She still felt like she had to be at the barn. She knew Ryan wasn’t going to let her drive back to the barn with the amount of alcohol that was running through her blood system. When he was distracted with talking to someone else she walked out getting into her car, speeding back from where she came. Driving drunk was never hard to her; you just stay between the two lines. When she arrived to the barn she got the spare key that was underneath a flower pot. She had placed it there two years ago when she boarded there. She didn’t have time to not believe that it was actually there. “Hey sweetheart.” She said with a tender smile seeing Gunner’s son laying in the shaving. She knew by his eyes that he had to have Gunner’s temperament so just walked silently into the stall watching how the stallion didn’t get up. His clear eyes looking calmly as she sat in the clean stall in front of him. He stretched his neck to lay his head soundly in her lap. This action did Adrianna’s emotions in for it. Tears automatically streamed down her face as she lightly stroked his cheek bone. “You’re just like your dad. That means you can do anything from reining to barrel racing. Your dad taught me so damn much about life. He was always there for me.” She said wiping the tears that were running down her cheeks. “I am so sorry. That night of the accident we were driving home from a show and driver that fell asleep at the wheel hit the side of the trailer. It’s my fault. I should of keep flooring it straight but I panicked and turned thinking it would help. It just made everything worse.” She said faintly, not hearing the footsteps that were coming through the hall.

{Thanks}

Aaron shook his head at Ryan. "I can't believe you're already drunk," he told his friend, taking a careful sip of his grasshopper. "You ass-hole." He watched as Adrianna got up, then turned to talk with some of the other people. They were all buzzed, and got up to dance after a few minutes. Aaron, not much of a dancer, downed his drink and made his way to the crowded dance floor. It was hot; packed with moving, swaying bodies that yielded for no one. He sighed, a breath riddled with the faint scent of alchohol, and decided he needed some more whiskey before he could actually dance. The only dancing Aaron ever did was dressage, and his partner was a horse.

After knocking a few screwdrivers, Aaron decided he was buzzed enough to make up for his horrible dancing. Soon, a very pretty, very drunk woman found him and stole a dance. Up colse, she looked like a complete wh0re, what with her bleached-it-so-many-times-it's-amazing-it-hasn't-fallen-out hair, a plastic face caked with make-up, a tiny little halter top paired with a barely-there skirt. She really disgusted him, and he tried to slink away. When he was dancing with someone he could have a shred of respect for, he saw, from the corner of his eye, Adrianna sneak away from Ryan and stumble out the door. Great. She was going to drive away.

He excused himself and shoved through the crowd, hoping Adrianna wasn't going to drive drunk. He didn't like her, or even care ahout her, but if she got in to an accident and he could have stopped it, that would have been horrible on his concious. "Adrianna...Adrianna!" She couldn't hear him; but he was right. She was climbing in to her car. "Hey, Princess!" he called, hoping the nickname she hated so much would get her attention. It didn't. Aaron cursed and thiught a moment. She was already on her way out of the parking lot. He cursed again, even louder and wondered what he should do. From the way she walked, he could tell she was really drunk.

With a groan and an over-whelming sense of responsability, Aaron climbed in to his car and drove after Adrianna. Once he saw that one could barely tell she was drunk by her patterns, he considered turning around. He should turn around. She's fine. Right? Aaron cursed again and turned in to the barn, completely unnoticed by the girl who stumbled out of her car and in to the barn. She looked rather....Disenchanted while she walked in to the barn, so he decided he would check on her once and drive back to the bar. Perhaps someone had spiked his grasshopper....

After texting Ryan to tell him his stupid girlfriend ditched his sorry ass, he walked in to the barn and heard Adrianna talking in one of the stalls. She sounded like she was crying. Well, that's what alchohol will do to you; amplify your emotions and make them ten times worse. "You are going to be so hungover tomorrow," he said as he walked up to the stall door and took in the scene. "You are
lucky Ryan likes you so much; maybe he'll nurse your hangover. I certainly won't."

As soon as Adrianna’s ears heard Aaron’s voice her face fell to her hands for a moment, trying to thinking of what to do. All she wanted to do was be alone to listen to herself talk. She rubbed her hands harshly over her tear stained face as she tried to rid the trails of water but they just keep flowing. There was nothing she could do about it. The man that she effortlessly despises just had to be the one that finds her crying. Even through the alcohol she still scorned that he was seeing her weakened. “That’s where you’re so wrong Aaron. Ryan likes the girl I used to be before the crash, before I plainly forgot who I was. He’s just holding onto the stream of hope that I’ll snap right back into that girl.” She paused before standing up, knowing he wasn’t going to let her stay in the stall. How was he suppose to trust a drunken girl he doesn’t even like to lock the barn back up? She opened it with a little timid nature. Darkened spots danced across her vision as she uncertainly closed the stall door behind her, accidently pushing him feebly. “You don’t know a damned thing do you?” She cursed baldly underneath her breath as she allowed her back to lower down the stall door. Her feet were so unsteady that she couldn’t walk or even stand on her own two feet so she sat with her back butted up against the door. “I swore to myself I wouldn’t ride again after the damn disaster and you’re the one that insisted that I get on. I know it’s your job but damn… My father thought it would stir up my memory. It did and I understand now why it’s punishment. Seeing everything and being here brings back up every single memory. Where I used to store my key, how far the pond is out back in the woods, and even the horse that lived in the stall next to Gunner…I couldn’t help but see you were dancing with ‘H0e Heather’ she’s a keeper huh?” She mused letting her head rest on the wood. “Please text Ryan and tell him to come get me…never mind screw that. I took his phone so he couldn’t call me after I left.

He watched her parctically throw herself against the stall door. It almost unsettled him; how vulnerable she had made herself. "Do you want my opinion?" Aaron asked and then, without waiting for an answer, told her exactly what he thought. "I think that girl is still there, but you're trying to kill her. Give her some air. I already did text Ryan - he's a good guy, so quit screwing with him. You're dad sounds like a complete ass-hole. I have no idea what disasterous crash you're talking about, but you looked good on Eagle. You pissed me off by not heading a word I said, but you looked good. That girl I was with was ridiculas, and most likely a prostitute. Also....Wow. Ha, you're freaking drunk." His words slurred a bit, so maybe it was possible he had more vodka than carrot juice. Aaron had a strong feeling that Adrianna would have never told him what was on her mind if it weren't for all the alchohol coursing through her system. He wasn't sure what he thought of the unfinished bits of her story.

(Sorry, at work....It's mostly dialogue, however.)

posting nowAdrianna’s sober thoughts tried to come through the thick wall of alcohol that was blocking them. The sober Adrianna was yelling inside to just stop talking but of course that wasn’t an option at the moment. Her mind tried to keep up with his words but she clearly was faintly zoning in and out. “Ryan’s way too easy. There’s no challenge to him. It’s never fun to have everything just handed to you.” She paused letting her eyes wander up the stall door before trying to pull herself up with the bars. Her grip on the bar loosened causing her to fall miserably. “Damn.” She muttered underneath her breath, with a slight chuckle as she thought about how stupid she probably looked trying to get up. ”You have no idea how much of an ass my father really is. If it won’t for him my mother would still be alive and training horse. That’s one of the few things my father allowed her to do. She finally grew the balls and left one night after they had gotten into a fight. She couldn’t have picked a worst night. The storm made the car lose control. Not all of the bruises were from the damn crash but no one caught that they came from my father. One sneaky son of a gun, he knew where he could hit her and nobody would see the marks.”Adrianna managed to look up at him with lightly pleading eyes as she reached up her hand for him to help her up. “I can tell that you don’t have barrel racing friends. The death of Gunner was all over magazines and horse news channels for months. We were coming back from a little show and a drunk driver ran straight into the side of the trailer, causing it to fishtail. I should have just gone straight but I tried to help straighten the trailer out. I just ended up in the hospital for a few weeks but Gunner lost his life. I forgot everything about myself but riding and Gunner…So much for the ‘brat’ label huh? I know you don’t like me but could you possibly give me a ride home.” She asked still having her hand out with a light smile.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but really Adrianna...You can't blame yourself for that. When my sister was learning how to drive, she hydroplaned on her first nighttime drive. Dented the entire right half of the car's rear end. Granted, it was stupid to go out at night while it was raining, and no one was hurt, but the car was dented purely because she jerked the wheel. She refused to drive again for a month, but now she's a better driver than I am," Aaron babbled, the alchohol turning his words to gibberish. With a sigh, he took her hand and pulled her up, hanging on to her wrist in case she fell again. "It's okay to mourn this horse, but don't you dare think of his death as your fault another second. You're still a brat, I'm sure your father is a ****, and....Please take it easy on Ryan. He likes you a lot, and tossing him out like a pair of shoes with a broken heel would make you a **** as well. You have no idea how much I dislike you, but I'll take you home." He started walking, towing her along carefully with his gentle grip on her wrist. "I'm afraid you'll puke in my car, so we're taking yours. I'll drive you here tomorrow, does that work? Where are your keys?" Aaron owed her a ride, at the least. He knew things about her she would have murdered to keep from him sober, so why not drive her home?

(As you may or may not know, I am a Muslim girl. Until the 18th of AUgust, it is Ramadan, a very important time of year, so I'll be a bit slow c: )

Adrianna tried to listen the best she could to him but she was just focused now on getting back to the house she was staying. The house was just a few miles up the road so it wouldn’t have been far to drive if he would have been an ass and not agreed to give her a ride. She couldn’t help but narrow her eyes at him as he compared her to her father. If she was sober she would’ve tried to claw his eyes out but the alcohol prevented her from showing too much anger. She stumbled behind him reaching into her back pocket with the hand that my dangling between Aarons to retrieve her keys. After she handled the keys to him and snatched her wrist from him, she used the car for support to get to the passenger side. Once he started the car she rolled her window down, feeling the chilled air over her face soothed the sickness that was trying to overcome her. After just a few minutes of driving without conversation she got out of the car, “Thanks a lot.” She said simply through the window that wasn’t up. She used the railing of the stairs to pull herself up them. “Be careful with my baby please.” She called before going into the small house.

~The next morning~

The iced water rushed over her face before she dried it, trying her damnedest to get the sleep from her eyes. She turned wincing at the bruised shoulder not remembering what happened at all the night before. She cursed underneath her breath as her weakened down body put on a black tank top and jeans. Without thinking she placed on her riding boots, before glancing at herself in the mirror. Something was familiar about the outfit but she couldn’t place her finger on it until she looked down at the locket on her neck. She used to practice in tank tops and jeans all the time when she rode. Adrianna jumped at the sound of her car beeping in the driveway. After looking out the window at Aaron sitting in the driver’s seat she narrowed her brow, trying to remember what had happened the night before. Why did he have her car? She walked out of the house as she tied her hair up into a messy pony-tail. “I’m driving.” She snarled lightly standing at the driver’s side, awaiting him to get out.

{It's fine gal. I understand totally.}

Aaron had taken Adrianna's car home, just to make things simple. Or, well, it was simple when he was buzzed; now it seemed like a rather stupid idea. Whatever, at least Adrianna got her car back at the end of the day, and Aaron got to drive such a nice car. Dressed in jeans, paddock boots, and a holey white shirt, he set off to pick Adrianna up. When he pulled in to her drive and honked for her to come out, he expected it to take a while. It was possible he would have to go in and drag her out of bed; it was pretty early. But, to his mild surprise, she was out of the house in just a few seconds. Looking horrible. And demanding to drive. He rolled the wiondow down and laughed in her face. "Ha, no way. I bet you're still drunk from last night. That's shotgun for you, sweetheart," he taunted, taking much dark humor from her state. She really was a dumb girl. He expected her to fight, but she gave in quickly and walked around.

Once they pulled in to the barn's parking lot, next to Aaron's beat up old truck, he turned her car off and handed her the keys. "Hurry and groom Eagle, then tack him up. His saddle is on 8, his bridle is hung up next to Thunder's. You'll see the labels over the hooks. If you need help with English tack, I'll give it to you, but I'll be busy lunging my mare. Poor girl hasn't been out in a while. Since you're such an expert, we'll be doing something different than posting and poles. Today, we're training Eagle. Not you."

After the car ride that felt never ending because of the silence that overcame the car, her head was getting worst by the moment. Normally if she held conversation it helped but she protested against it. She looked through the consul, retrieving and taking a few Advil to try to relieve some of the pounding in her head before getting out of the car. “Good deal. The more time I don’t have to see you the better.” She said simply as she walked intothe barn. “Hey sweet thing. You did really good yesterday let’s see what happens today huh?” She spoke tenderly as she placed the halter onto the horse. She repeated taking the halter on and off until he laid down his head to make it easier. “That’s what I was looking for shug.” She said clipping the lead rope to him before walking out noticing he wanted to rush out of the stall instead of wait for her to step out first. “Come on now. You know better.” She spoke calmly and her actions were too as she back him into his stall and repeated walking out. He did the same thing but this time he accidently stepped on her toe, he was just trying her, seeing if she would let him get away with it. It was just a stallion thing. “F*ck” She murmured faintly underneath her breath. Until you discover who the dominant one between the two is, there will be nothing but trying to push every button possible. She backed him into his stall multiple times until he walked out patiently and willingly. Adrianna rubbed his white nose in a reward of actually not running onto of her. It took her lightly ten minutes to get tacked up. She would have gone smoother but she wanted to correct little behavior issues while she was tacking. Sighing as Aaron came into the barn with his horse. She couldn’t decide if he was going to make her wait thirty minutes for him to lung his horse or not.

Aaron took Avril out and put on her bridle, deciding he wouldn't bother with the saddle today. He clipping in the lunge line and took her to the arena, lunge whip in hand. "Ill jump you later," he told her as he started her at a walk, forming a triangle with their bodies, whip at her rear. "I have to deal with someone else, today. She's insanely annoying, I'll tell you all about it later." A tall horse, Avril was built for show jumping. Long, muscular legs; a long, skinny neck; the speed of a racehorse....And, her movements. Ugh, the way she moved made her a perfect dressage horse. It could have just been how Aaron saw her, because in his eyes his horse moved like water and wasn't anything less than perfect.

After about ten minutes of trotting, cantering and walking on the right, Aaron switched to the left. He paid attention to the way she picked up her feet, held her head, kept the gait....Everything was fine, the mare in perfect condition. Ten minutes later, they were on thier way back to the barn. He wanted nothing more than to get on her back and canter over some fences, or do a half-pass across the arena, but he couldn't. He had to work with
Adrianna.

He stopped Avril in front of Adrianna and Eagle. "Everything okay?" he asked her, keeping an eye on the stallion and a tight grip on his Hanoverian's reins. Avril, of course, danced in place to impress the stallion. Aaron was positive she was going in to heat, just not yet. He looked Eagle up and down. "You're doing okay; did you check the girth? You have to be able to fit two fingers. If it's loose, then I'll have a good reason to laugh in your face when you slide off his back. How's that hangover?"

kiss_04.jpg

Adrianna examined the mare as she walked in, she had to be probably a little over sixteen hands. She had to admit the mare caught her attention, the movements of her even when she was just walking was exciting to watch. Even though she wanted to see the mares other moments she hated to ask so she didn’t. “Of course I checked the damn girth. I guess you’ll have to find another reason to laugh. Don’t treat me like amateur if you don’t want the same treatment. I’ll meet you outside in the ring. It is where were riding today isn’t it.” She question calmly allowing the stallion to lower his head, as she gave him a peppermint that was in his back pocket, trying to get his senses on something other than the mare. What idiot would think of parking a mare, that was obviously about to go in heat, in front of a young stallion? Only Aaron. Of course probably he did it on purpose to see how she actually handles a mindless stallion. She didn't answer him about the hangover. Truth was her head was killing her but she wouldn't dare tell him that instead she smirked faintly.

"Fine, I will," he snapped, then clicked his tongue at Avril to get her moving again. "How about your lazy attitude?" Avril was getting restless, so he started walking her. "No, Adrianna, we're riding in the pasture today. Where else?" Aaron took Avril away, the mare swinging her tail as she danced off. He hooked her up to a tie and removed the bridle, then slipped the halter over her face. "Adri, if you're done with him and want to go to the arena, go ahead and go. Warm him up at a walk," he said to her as he grabbed a sweat-scraper, keeping his tone neutral. He realized he had called her by her nickname, and wondered how she would read in to that. Girls like reading in to things. All it meant, though, was that he was way too lazy to go around saying Adrianna all the time.

(Blech, lazy...In a hurry XP)

She couldn’t help but rolled her fingers roughly through her hair out of anger, looking down at Eagle’s front foot for a second which was pawing impatiently. Today she was going to try her damnedest to be nice but she had also never been called lazy. That was right up there with the name Princess on the scale of names that got on every nerve she has. Eagle was f*cking spotless when it came to grooming because she had spend a while getting the mud from his hind legs. She even cleaned inside his nose and ears. Did he want her to oil the tack too before she rode? That wouldn’t make much sense because then all the oil would come off on her clothes. What more did he want? What more could she do to not be clarified as having a ‘lazy attitude’. “Actually I used to ride all the time in pasture. It made the horse realizes that even if he is riding in his comfort area he still needs to act mannerly and respect that he is still working.” She said with a faint smirk before walking out of the barn. “Amateur.”She cursed underneath her breath as she walked down to the arena. The poles were already set up in straight lines; probably someone left them there from earlier in the morning. She checked the girth once more as a normal procedure before she got on quietly. She asked him to walk with a cluck of her tongue allowing him look curiously at the poles. After once around the poles Eagle’s eyes were still widened. “Babe they aren’t going to hurt you.” She cooed steering him lightly between two of the poles, stopping him in the middle. She allowed him to lower his head to sniff them, trying to figure out if they were going to hurt him or not. “See bud.” She said with a light smirk walking him in between each of the pole sets.

{It's fine sorry about my post have been having to tend to a moody mare all day haha.}

"I love riding in the pasture," Aaron told her while she walked out. "That's just not a good spot to ride a green horse, now, is it? What was that you called me....Amateur? Please...." Amateur. She called him an amateur. That crossed the line - he was at the barm 24/7, training his ass off for every competition he can get in to. He's trained horses, riders and now her, and has even been dumped for spending so much time at the barn. The amateur was the girl who hopped from disipline to discipline only to settle on a Western sport. Not that there was anything wrong with Western. English was just ten times better in Aaron's mind. And more comfortable. And my arm doesn't dangle at my horse's side.Just sayin'....

Once Avril was dry and put away, Aaron started walking to the arena. He had immediate plans to ride after he was done with Adrianna. Maybe he could test her by having her tack Avril up for him while he breathed down her neck the whole time? Avril was a great horse under-saddle, but on the ground she was extremely difficult. She was especially diffcult with beginners and people she had just met. There was one problem; Aaron wasn't sure if he trusted that girl with even
touching his mare.

The sight of Adrianna on Eagle's back...standing between two ground poles greeted him as he walked in to the arena. "Walk him, dude, standing there won't loosen up his muscles." Aaron folded his arms and studied her. She really did look good on that horse, but....She wasn't wearing a helmet. He sighed and grabbed his off the fence for her to use -
again -and handed it to her. "I don't know about Western, but Classical riders wear a helmet every time thy mount. You have to listen to me, today. I know what I'm doing. How are you with lead changes?"

(Western is cool
xD )

Real equestrians don’t mind what kind of saddle they are in, as long as their riding they should be somewhat content. English to Adrianna was more proper and to her it was strictly business; everything had to be perfect in an English saddle. She felt pressured in English to have a flawless formation. Chest out, shoulders back, heels down, and eyes straight ahead used to run through her head when she first started jumping. Over time it came natural to her so she could focus deeper into actually riding. What she needed to do to improve the horse and how she could do it. Every horse is never perfect just like people. We are all flawed and some flaws you just can’t fix overnight. You have to be patient and hell it might take years to train a stubborn horse but he one day might be great. In a western saddle she felt secure but if you trust your horse you should always feel secure. Truth was when she actually used to train she didn’t care what discipline they wanted for their horse she was just the trainer. In her mind English wasn’t as natural as western, you never saw someone riding around without tack on an English riding horse. Some people in English even accidently balance off their hands. Take away the reins they have no steering on the other hand western if you take away everything on a good horse everything would be fine. English doesn’t come in many colors unlike western which varies from gaming to Western pleasure. When it comes to Western pleasure she loved training because it was more difficult to slow a horse down than it is to speed them up like English. When she was steering to him so he didn’t have to walk so far she so desperately wanted to steer with one hand. Steering with one hand just means you can have control of your horse without being in his mouth constantly. She took the helmet from him before buckling it up under her chin as she listened to him yap. “Classical my ass. Obviously you don’t a clue what you’re doing. Lead changes on the second day of training a stallion that doesn’t quiet even get which lead is which. Yes, he gave the correct lead yesterday but he's hesitant on it. He needs to be sure of himself before you throw someone more advanced at him. When I said you were an amateur I didn’t actually mean it like that. I mean your judgments right now are amateur. Don’t let the fact I’m getting on your nerves affect what needs to be done for him to learn at his pace. Toughen up for f*ck’s sake ‘dude’.” She said calmly dismounting to fix a pole before swiftly mounting again. A few moments after walking around the ring she looked back to him with a faint smirk, “Now after you have had time to rethink the training plan, what do you proscribe we do today. Rhythm, transitions, poles, or do you have your mindset still stuck on stupid?” Adrianna hated to see if he was still going to jump ahead in training, if so she would have no fight against it. He hadn’t broken her spirit; it was to show him if she did whatever he asked what the overcome would be. She didn’t want to ruin a horse with such potential.

Western was a sloppy sport. Sure, Aaron had boundless respect for reiners and barrel racers, but pole benders and cutters were just playing games. It wasn't a very pretty sport to look at, either. The horse's head was low - he noticed Adrianna wasn't collecting Eagle very well - and the rider's arm got to dangle there, useless. The outfits and tack were extremely loud and distracting, and drew attention from the actual performance. An English rider can learn Western rather quickly, but it's nothing less than difficult for a Western rider to try out English. The tack was ugly. The outfits were ugly. They wore no helmets - ever. And, what the hell was up with loping? He couldn't decide if it was a cool trick, or just awkward.

Aaron snorted, watching her strut around like she knew what she was talking about. "
You have only ridden him twice. I've worked with him for about fifteen hours, more or less, and unlike you, I don't hop between horses for fun, searching my perfect sport. I've found it, and unlike you, I am the most serious rider you will ever meet. I'm trying to get in to the Olympics, but helping you because you got in trouble with your b@d father cuts in to my training time." He took a breath, then folded his arms over his chest. "Look at that, you put me on the defensive! Try not to do that when you're right. It'll just piss me off," he told her, walking over to drag the poles in to the middle of the arena. "We'll work on obedience, then. Trot him while I rearrange these, keep your tongue in your mouth, and bring the reins in tighter. Okay?"

(Ah, so many classic feuds here. Battle of the sexes, conflict between disciplines....Love it)

Adrianna didn't care about properness she cared about having a fun time training and training right. She always believes more in natural horsemanship like her mother. Her mother used to be able to get the wildest horse to settle down; Adrianna had that thing about her too. Some people think it’s her voice some just think it’s her mindset all together. She had fire in her just like most horses do, they had something in common. That’s the reason she loved training stallions and mares over geldings, they were more of a challenge to her. She didn’t hate English, she just found her wildflower ways fitted more in Western. Yes. Western showing sometimes is a bit flashy but it was just a thing just like English has tight pants and coats. She never quite got the reason behind riding in a scolding arena wearing a coat.

She sighed deeply as she collect up the horse more like he demanded. In her mind she decided then and there she was just going to agree with every this guy said. She knew after awhile he would say thing purposely wrong to get her to agree and look stupid but she didn’t care. “No problem.” She said calmly before pushing Eagle up into a trot. English had to learn to push through the bit instead of letting it be a symbol to back up. She made him do circles in a working trot before doing figure eights in the lengthening trot.

Aaron watched her work with Eagle as he dragged the poles along the gravel; the final line curved some. There was an eighteen inch gap between the poles.He stood up straight and clapped hsi hands together to shake off any dust, then looked at what Adrianna was doing. Figure eights. "Okay, ah.....Canter for a lap, I want to see how well you can keep him on the rail. Then take him over the poles at a trot. Do not let him be lazy, it's very important you make him listen to you. If you need a crop, I can get you one," he told her, moving towards the middle of the arena. Aaron had no problem with crops. Aaron liked crops. Most of the time, he didn't even have to tap his horse with it. Its mere prescence was enough to get a horse to listen.

She nodded faintly before she stopped what she was doing to start on the demands that had been given her. “I don’t think I’ll need a crop; thank you though.” She said as she asking for his hip, setting him up for the canter but not letting him take off until she kissed to him. He needed someone to over exaggerate demands until he picks up on them when they’re not exaggerated. She could feel that at a canter he was uneasy and wanted to gallop more than canter, that’s where keeping him collected came in handy. By collecting his neck and head more it made his weight go to the back end which was his motor causing him to slow into a steady canter. Adrianna did exactly what was asked of her but when Eagle didn’t pick up his hoof high enough to go over the last pole, it made a sound he hadn’t heard before. In result he came unglued and sprinted to the side. Adri’s feet fell from the stirrups from his sudden moments but she managed to not care as she turned him tightly in a small circle at a posting trot trying to recollect his mindset. If it was her decision she would lung him over the poles on the ground to make him comfortable with the sounds they make when he accidently hits one. This wasn’t her horse or she wasn’t the real trainer, meaning it wasn’t her call. “Want me to try again?” She asked was a soft laugh. When a young horse acts up she always had an light-hearted attitude towards it but with well-trained horses that act up she goes straight to training mode.

Aaron studied Eagle. "He's hyper. He should be used to the sound...Ugh." He walked over and straightened out the pole Eagle kicked. Standing up, he walked around to Eagle's side, about a yard away. "Here, drop the reins. I'll lead him over a couple times, and then you can try again. We won't work him too hard today, he's been lunged and trained all week." Aaron took the reins from Adrianna and brought them over Eagle's head. Once bunched in coils in his left hand, Aaron got Eagle walking, circling him around to the first pole.

The stallion was timid; each hoof falling lightly as they approached the poles. The whole walk the stallion acted skittish, but at the last two poles seemed to understand that they were harmless. Aaron took him back around, this time at a trot. Eagle was far more weary, and challeneged his handler by trying to veer off the path. His hoof hit a pole as he leaned away from it. Instead of flipping out again, to Aaron's relief, the stallion's ears pricked. Aaron sighed and slowed him to a stop. "What do you think, one more try?" he asked Adrianna, gentally putting the reins back over Eagle's head.

(At the barn all weekend, sorry. I am taking care of an Arabian gelding named Czar. Four socks and a stripe; otherwise solid chestnut. Absolutely gorgeous. Have you ever seen a 16h Arabian horse? X) Poor baby has a sole abscess, so we go check on him on weekdays while his mom's at work. =))

Kimcouldn’t help but smirk at how he situation, it actually kind of impressed her. Just a little bit though. She wouldn’t dare to tell him that she still didn’t feel like she should talk even though all her life her words got her the most places. “Sure, let’s see what his going to do this time.” Kim said with a little sweetened tone, more like he normal cheery voice while she took the reins calmly. With a bit of effort to keep him straight, Eagle trotted rhythmically through the poles without stepping on one. He did manage to tap one when he was lifting his hoof but right now Kim was just glad he didn’t seem to freak over the noise as she allowed him to trot away from them. “So what’s next Aaron?”She asked, trotting around him just to be able to her him over the arena fans.

{Awh he sounds gorgeous and yes I have used to own a pure Arabian for show jumping.}

Users who are viewing this thread