• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Will of a Single Man | Harry Potter RP | Searching for Detailed & Literate Players

Flecker

I'm a legume
"My brothers, my sisters, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters; we've been blinded; we've been blinded not by the scorch of the sun, we've been blinded not by the freshly cut sharp blades of grass that grazed our eyes, no, rather, we've been blindfolded, we've been bagged, silenced and they reduced us to mere sheep who only knew when's the time for slaughter. Our so-called leaders hide themselves in an outdated ideal that disgracefully shows our weaknesses and fears. International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, they said, how such a primitive ideal is still accepted by the wizarding community proved how they poisoned our minds and stunted our progress. They're the ones who drew the line between us and them and we believed those rats even labeling the rest of humanity as "muggles". Their arrogance clouded them so much that they failed to see those muggles reaching the heavens, flatten a city with a device only a fraction of its size, communicated with the speed of light and turned night into day all while having no magic on their side. How we think we're superior to them is beyond me. It's time to stand, it's time to rise brothers and sisters. They've dictated our way of thinking long enough, we should never allow them to mould our minds any longer. Dick Chutney has failed us, the path of diplomacy has failed us and our demands have not been fulfilled in the slightest. But we're not savages or primitives like those sitting in the Wizengamot couches, we shall bestow you this ultimatum, abolish the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, elect Mr. Chutney as the Minister for Magic and make our society known to the eyes of the muggles, make this a reality before the clock reaches 12 on the last day of the 12th month and we shall have peace. But do not worry, failure to fulfill our demands would only be met by a rain of fire, showers of red and the destruction of our flawed "educational institutions" Beauxbatons, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, Ilvermorny, everything shall crumble. For those who are still awake and managed to push hard enough to see the light, come join us, think about us and we'll know.

Time's ticking."

- Kaposi.

"That's the only name written on the leaflet. The image of the speaker seemed to change, it showed a thousand different forgettable faces that constantly changed speaking of these words with a thousand voices. Aurors were unable to track it down, but the office of the Wizengamot suspected Dick Chutney, an elder to be one responsible and a thorough investigation is being held against him. As of right now, Aurors and Ministry Officials are stationed at every educational institution and every magical sites possible, conducting arrests and searches. Worldwide attacks on Officials were widespread, reports claimed that arrested suspects mysteriously blew their heads off when they're exposed to questioning and when a thoroguh background check was done, there's nothing to indicate that they're related in anyway to this group. As one source said, "They're mere breadmakers or apothecarists." Meanwhile officials kept pressuring Minister Granger to change the laws and accomodate the group's wishes.

When asked about the best strategy to counter this she replied, "This is a war of ideology, I've seen the data that almost 65% of youths supported the idea of exposing ourselves to the muggles, and approved of this anarchists' actions, our best maneuver right now is to educate the youths and replant the old values." The baffling numbers didnt' stop there almost 80% of students between the ages 15-17 have supported them and a staggering 30% mentioned that they're proud if they're a part of Kaposi."

- Daily Prophet

So that's the premise of this RP, I could think of two possible ways to play this thing, as an adult supporting/rejecting this move or as student fighting against/taking part of the revolution, it'll be discussed later. It'll take place on the modern day setting after Hermione's elected as Minister for Magic.

I'm looking for pretty active group of people that can contribute to the plot, reply with around 2-3 paragraphs and most importantly to have fun I guess lol.

OOC convos and plot discussion will take place in discord.

Imjusttryingtofindmyway Imjusttryingtofindmyway The RP that I'm proposing here will involve a lot of writing, so your posts will need to be detailed at describing his/her body language, the change of expression, thoughts etc.

It can be bothersome to some since you need to write a lot, but I guess it'll look better and it can help your writing skill, maybe.

So if you like what I'm describing above then welcome! I'll try to help you understand RPing and stuff too!

So this is going to be a role play set a little after Harry Potter times so all of the fandom characters are still going to be alive but older? Assuming that's true, are we going to be going to school with the original characters children who would be up for grabs (which would not be preferred btw - I kind of prefer ooc's rather then flawed carbon copies of J. K. Rowling's original characters)

Also love that you spun the plot in a totally different way and am super excited about this lol

Foxagon Foxagon Hi, so yes the RP's taking place after Harry Potter times, approximately around the time Harry made it to the Head MLE office and Hermione becoming the new Minister and yes the fandom characters are still alive, Hermione's the Minister, Harry's the Head of MLE and all characters will be on their respective roles. I'm not forbidding anyone if they want to play as a character from the original series, but I strongly recommend that you make your own character since I was thinking this RP would emphasize more on each individual characters' morality, ideas, how they backstory would affect them etc. so yeah I think you should know all about that and I think by making them on your own you can feel who this person is and how they would act, if that makes sense lol.

Right, even if it seems to be a different story, the DEs, Order members and all those old stuff are still there and will be further discussed in Discord.

fancries1 fancries1 Foxagon Foxagon Imjusttryingtofindmyway Imjusttryingtofindmyway

So here's the discord:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

The CS and the main RP thread will be up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back