• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Veil paused mid step as he approached the booth and saw the hulking one eyed creature being defeated by an energetic little kid. The pixie behind the counter was exactly what he imagined when he thought of people from the feywild. The small pixie smiled warmly as he stepped the rest of the way up to the counter.

"Welcome! Here to try your hand at a game of Bash-a-Beholder?" the pixie asked, reducing the size of her ticket punch so it was usable.

"May I see your ticket?" the pixie asked, glancing over Veil’s shoulder with concern and causing anxiety to prickle up the back of Veil’s neck Oh shit. She knows! he thought, trying to hide his panic.

He glanced at his group of friends behind him and turned back to the pixie, ”oh…we need tickets for games too…”, he bit his lip, hoping to sell the lie, ”My friends and I foolishly handed over our tickets to someone we thought was a friend. After we got inside, he convinced us we didn’t need the tickets any more” He signed and shrugged. His defeat was more genuine than fabricated. This trip was not turning out how he expected. First Mell tricking them to falling behind at the entrance, then losing Juniper, now, it seemed that getting their companion back was getting further and further out of reach.

He glanced at his group of friends behind him and turned back to the pixie, ”oh…we need tickets for games too…”, he bit his lip, hoping to sell the lie, ”My friends and I foolishly handed over our tickets to someone we thought was a friend. After we got inside, he convinced us we didn’t need the tickets any more” He signed and shrugged. His defeat was more genuine than fabricated. This trip was not turning out how he expected. First Mell tricking them to falling behind at the entrance, then losing Juniper, now, it seemed that getting their companion back was getting further and further out of reach.

The pixie looks conflicted. Your lack of butterfly wings that the rest of the carnival patrons wear makes you stick out like a sore thumb. You think this might be a bit of a hard sell... but hey, it's worth a try!

Roll a Deception check with disadvantage.

"From what I see we need a ticket for that so let me just see around for a bit."
[Perception check total 11]
Cayde saw a few patrons with accessible tickets, but they were far away, then out of the corner of his eyes he saw the ideal victim for his evil deed, someone who held his ticket real loose goosey which was suitable for him to steal it.
So he approached them and with finesse acted as to have the ticket be hooked onto his fishing rod to acquire it.
[Sleight of hand check total 21, nat 20]

On a Perception check of 11 and a critical success Sleight of Hand check...

You ready your fishing rod, knowing that this is a risky endeavor. If you slip up, you'll surely be found out. Internally crossing your fingers, you cast your line...

In that moment, the stars align for you. Your hook flies true, through a thinner portion of the crowd, and you feel the line go taut. You've caught something!

You reel in your line, and it slips out of the guest's hand easily. They don't even seem to notice, thanks to your quick and smooth movements. Young as you might be, your fishing skills are already a force to be reckoned with.

In just a few seconds, you now have an ornately decorated ticket in your hand. There's only a couple of punches on it - you can get plenty of mileage out of this!

Kidzait Kidzait
On a Deception roll of 12 (one luck point used):

The pixie sets down the punch and sighs. "I'm very sorry that happened. We've had some troublemakers tonight, unfortunately. Would you be able to stay here for a moment? You aren't in trouble - I might be able to find someone who can help you. If your friends are nearby, you can call them over as well."

[If you wish, you may roll an Insight check before posting.]

Veil was surprised by the kindness and understanding in the pixie’s voice. Veil nodded when she asked if he could wait at the booth while she went to go find someone else that could help.
”Thank you so much. I have honestly been afraid to talk to any of the carnival hands. I’ll call my friends over” he said with genuine embarrassment. He turned his head again to signal to his friends but paused. Without knowing why, Veil allowed his eyes to slide over his friends group and he kept scanning the crowd. After a few moments he sighed with a puzzled look,
”I'm not seeing them anymore. They did tell me before I came over that they would chase Mell down if they saw him. Maybe they will beat you back and I won’t need a ticket” Veil lied optimistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back