• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Wicked Walking (Interest Check) (p.s. not about TWD) (always open!)

Lady Astra

The Sorceress of Smiles
So there's this new novel idea I have about a girl who's been cursed as a walking plague and must immortally walk across the world looking for a cure while trying not to get anyone hurt. While she is not the only one of her kind, the girl appears unique due to the mortal severity of her curse towards others (aka ONE TOUCH = CERTAIN DEATH).

The plot consists of her deciding to stay hidden within a small town and stumbling upon a mature doctor who wants to help her end her curse. Only problem is how?

1. YES, this is a twist on Beauty and the Beast. I couldn't help it, especially with how awesome the live-action movie is!

2. YES, there is romance. I'm not only looking for the doctor but for other mythological creatures/humans who live within the town and try to both help her and take her curse for granted.

3. NO, I have no romance preferences. I do want the cursed girl to be female (and for me to be her, sorry guys!) but I honestly wouldn't mind if the doctor were male OR female. I also don't mind other ships popping up along the way if one wants as long as it's a mutual agreement. (p.s. if it's an unrequited love, STILL APPROVED)

4. NO, I have not developed the whole setting or plot yet. That's why I need you guys to help me find it.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS:

1. AT LEAST weekly posts. Need to keep up with plot with reading when possible.
2. Somewhat an understanding of grammar. You don't need to be a grammar monster, but also no text talk *shudders in horror*
3. Dedication. PLEASE PM me if you wish to drop out. I just want a basic understanding as to why or if you're too busy. Don't just leave it behind...

LOL.

Anyways, what do you think? What exactly are you thinking about in terms of your character?

Still thinking about it. I was thinking that I could be a fallen general, stripped of my rank when the cursed woman accidentally killed all of his men and now he's out for revenge.

@BilsGreat
Of course you can. Just one quick question: would you prefer to play as a female or male doctor?

Fear Fates Fear Fates Sure! What character are you interested in being?
Well I would make a character seamlessly harmless character that would have a agenda and take advantage of cursed girl's misfortunes for whatever means to their ends. Other than that do my character have to be a doctor? Just wondering before I think of how and why would they do that.

Fear Fates Fear Fates No, it's alright! Someone else has already agreed to be the doctor, so you just have to be someone from the town, whether it be something as strange as a club-owner or a fisherman. The only thing I would like to note (for everyone's sake) is that your job in the town should relate to the type of creature you are, kind of like Once Upon a Time's Storybrooke but no fairytales.

Fear Fates Fear Fates No, it's alright! Someone else has already agreed to be the doctor, so you just have to be someone from the town, whether it be something as strange as a club-owner or a fisherman. The only thing I would like to note (for everyone's sake) is that your job in the town should relate to the type of creature you are, kind of like Once Upon a Time's Storybrooke but no fairytales.
A werewolf owning a bar would sound interesting. Otherwise I would favor some Cheshire cat character that is some information broker that sells their services of gathering information for a price. What says you?

Ha, sounds like a fun twist. I am definitely interested, I would probably play a mythical creature trying to help
Lady Astra Lady Astra

SunSmurf SunSmurf Alright! Just remember to tell me which mythological creature you are and what side so we can sort everyone out at some point.

Funyarinpa Funyarinpa That's really cool! I'm happy that your occupation works really well with your creature.

As for everyone else, just tag me and ask any questions if you have some! :)

SunSmurf SunSmurf I see. Because I haven't caught up on my myths in a while (blame school if you must), I'm curious what being a faun would entail and what job you'd have in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back