• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The White Rabbit (Old Thread)

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
magnus.jpeg
Magnus is a planet lit by purple moons which give the skies an eternally purple color.
Magnus has no sun. But two twin moons known as Phobos and Deimos.

Magnus has 5 continents.
Mysticroft. Capital of Magic and The Human wizards and Witches all visit this place in their lifetime
Amityville. A series of ghost towns and villages once threatened by werewolves. This was once united as a kingdom under a tyrant named Sepulchre.
Blackmour. Homeland of the Werewolves
Dawnwall: The Holy City of Bureaucrats. The Homeland of the Fae.
Hallowed Fells. The Homeland of The Vampires and The Capital of Science.

The world of magnus is inhabited by Gods, Demons and Demigods.

But primarily by the four main mortal races.

The Werewolves.

The Vampires.

The Humans.

The Fae.

For thousands of years the events of Magnus has been dictated by the immortals and mortal and the existence of powerful artifacts known as the nemesis artifacts.
But the world is changing. The existence of Science has been on the rise, threatening the balance of the world.
Dangerous individuals have long since threatened magnus and many are on the rise.
A witch named Lilith who is creating an army of zombies.
A Demon Knight named Sepulchre who has appeared after being gone for centuries.

A group of heroes have been called upon by the Goddess Akroa to restore balance to the world and deliver a rabbit known as the white rabbit to the edge of the world.
Perhaps you're a werewolf.
Perhaps a vampire.
A Human.
A Fae.

Lore: (Extremely detailed)

Main IC:

CS:

OOC:

Last edited:
So is the moral gonna be "science bad" because I'm definitely getting "science bad" vibes here.

Science isn't bad. Alot of people just don't like or trust it due to it being in "the unknown".
Most people don't understand it, It also doesn't help that mad scientists exist that do crazy experiments in Amityville.

Science somewhat threatens the balance between races, humans being able to use magic generally made them able to not be preyed upon by other mortal races such as werewolves, fae or vampires.
Science being accessible by everyone sort of changes the way order is kept. However only a few people practice it as of now.

Eventually however society will adjust to science's vast improvements as of late and order will be restored.

So science isn't really bad but rather a section of research that kinda just has advanced alot at a unfortunate time.

Right, then I'm in. Can't wait to misunderstand basic concepts such as non-euclidian geometry and an air conditioner (I'm making fun of lovecraft, not anybody else.)

I'm interested, the lore you have crafted is beautiful and intriguing. I should note that despite 5 or 6 years of roleplaying, my writing is still for the most part, is nothing to speak off and I struggle with writing more than 3 or 4 paragraphs. But if that is okay I'd love to be a part of this.

my writing is still for the most part, is nothing to speak off and I struggle with writing more than 3 or 4 paragraphs. But if that is okay I'd love to be a part of this.
You consider struggling to write more than 3-4 paragraphs to be nothing to speak of? Dude. You must have some pretty low self-esteem because I wish I coukd write 3-4 paragraphs every post. For me, 1 is a bad day, 2 is a normal day, and 3 is an excellent day.

You consider struggling to write more than 3-4 paragraphs to be nothing to speak of? Dude. You must have some pretty low self-esteem because I wish I coukd write 3-4 paragraphs every post. For me, 1 is a bad day, 2 is a normal day, and 3 is an excellent day.
I am a bag of low confidence and other issues masquerading as a human being.

I planned to run this during the summer which is why the lore is dated back to may, but given how halloween is around the corner, maybe it's better that I try now.
I hope this gets more interest.

I planned to run this during the summer which is why the lore is dated back to may, but given how halloween is around the corner, maybe it's better that I try now.
I hope this gets more interest.
Again, it looks awesome. I think the biggest scare away is people feeling like they aren't good enough.

I’m interested, I’ve never participated in a roleplay this detailed before but I’d love to try it - I can write 2-3 paragraphs at most.

This sounds so fricken cool! I’ve never been in a roleplay with so much detailed before this, but I’m so in to try!

Can we play scientist/alchemist/scholars?

Also OCC is up?

OCC Tidbits

I think? sorry if this was old...
For the most part I think I'm limiting Scientists to Fae characters. I might make an exception but there's a balance of all the races being good at specific things and it kinda doesn't work if that isn't followed. Alchemy would probably be a branch of science and would follow the same rules.

A scholar is harder to pinpoint, as most races are well studied or learned in the more known historical events and the pantheon of gods, especially those specific to their race.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a scholar. As I think alot of witches and wizards in Mysticroft are those who continually study books regarding magic, history and so on.

I mispelled OOC. But yeah it's up.

BackSet BackSet Victorian Victorian ReinHex ReinHex pbtenchi pbtenchi Classix Classix MiIk MiIk Present-ish.jpg Present-ish.jpg Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

CS is up. I will keep working on a magic system, but I don't know how to best approach it.

Last edited:

Tossed my hat in the ring. I am perfectly willing to change anything that needs to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back