• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The White Rabbit Act I

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Cedar was hardly able to process everything that had just happened. He was unsettled, to say the least, and completely on edge. This situation seemed bizarre. He had drawn his lightweight pistol despite doubting its effectiveness against such hulking monstrosities. Luckily, he hadn't needed to use it. He wondered what sort of experiences this group had been through before becoming so skilled in danger.

Skip conveyed he suspected something amiss. Cedar turned his attention away from the remains of the spiders but didn't immediately notice anything more alarming than those. He peered at the basket lying nearby, wondering what the woman had been looking to gather in a swamp of tar in the Whispering Woods of all places. Her lack of supplies did seem odd, but he had just met a talking animal guide that he still hadn't fully come to terms with. He couldn't imagine she intended to lure them here somehow. To him, she just looked like she needed help. Emmaline was watching the area closely, and Cedar looked up at the hapless woman still in the tree.

"Are you alright? Can you get down from there?" he asked from where he stood. He felt like he should walk over to her, but the previous cautionary remarks held him back.

"Are you alright? Can you get down from there?"
"I'm fine thank you f"Are you alright? Can you get down from there?" or asking, all of you thank you for dealing with those pesky spiders. I can get down myself."
With the spiders having been dealt with the women was able to slowly step down from the tree. She looked nervous staring at the group of adventurers. She went to her basket before opening it and a glimpse of what looked to be food was seen.
"I promise I'm not here to trap anyone. I just wanted to search for my fiancee who had gone missing in the forest." She said nervously glancing around before blinking once her eyes laid on Theo who had been perching on Selene's shoulders.

The woman pointed towards the rabbit confused.
"Is that some sort of pet dog or something. I've never seen anything like it before" She exclaimed in suprise.

Theo had looked up noticing that all the spiders had been dealt with.
"Oh hello there. I'm not a dog, I'm actually a member of a long dead species called Rabbits, I'm basically the last one in existence and was brought to life by the Goddess Akroa."

The woman blinked again as she put her hands together.
"Oh the Goddess Akroa? So you're an angel sent from the Goddess?" She said in awe.
Theo sweat dropped. He wasn't exactly that but it did sound nice.

"Oh perhaps you all can help me, especially if you're here because of the Goddess Akroa. A few weeks ago my husband had went into the forest. He hasn't been seen for almost an entire week now. I'm afraid something has happened to him. He's not even been the first who has gone missing in the forest, over the last couple of months quite a few people who have gone into the whispering forest have never been seen again." She said nervously, almost carefully like she didn't know if she could trust them with all the information yet.

"But why would he go into the forest? Why would you go into it as well if it's so dangerous and after so many people who went in weren't seen again." Selene said asking.

The woman paused.
"I'm not sure. I think my husband had a disagreement with the elders of my village. Perhaps he went into the forest for a task or to look for something. I just don't know. But the mayor always gave me and my husband a hard time. He didn't seem to like my husband. I thought myself I could find him and we could have a picnic together, just forget about the village and run away to another place. He didn't need to worry about whatever the elders told him"

Theo put a paw to his chin. It did sound to him like some sort of disagreement occured that resulted in the husband being forced into the forest. The woman seemed to hide some details but she also seemed oblivious to the true reason behind the disagreement. There was definitely something fishy about the whole situation.
"Hmm. Sounds quite tricky. Perhaps we could find this man and bring him to you so you both could move on from the village."

Selene personally wanted to know what the villagers had to say. Especially that mayor.
"Well guys. I suppose this is a mystery case of some kind." Selene said patting Theo on the head.

The woman looked at the group. "So you'll help me?! I definitely don't have the strength of a vampire or a nice gun to help me but I'd appreciate if you could find him for me!" She said hopefully.
Very Very Epiphany Epiphany Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka

The woman had led the group further into the forest. Selene wasn't sure how much she trusted the strange woman. They had continued to go further into the forest. Honestly it seemed alittle strange a woman had decided to simply enter the whispering forest, much less why her husband would be inside the forest so deep.

The woman had finally brought them to a dark tall tree. The tree had stood dozens of feet tall, one of the largest trees Selene had ever seen. It was seemingly dead however and many smaller trees and bushes surrounded it.
"Here we are. I'm sorry it had to be like this." She said turning to the group of adventurers.
Giant Spiders had jumped out of the smaller trees while a larger spider had slowly crawled out of the tree.
"Ah. So you have brought more sacrifices to me. I'm afraid however I have no more use for me. So I'm going to kill you too."
The woman screamed.
"You said you would give him back to me if I brought more people to you!"
She banged against the ground furiously crying. She turned to the adventurers.
"Please I'm sorry. I just wanted him back but he got dragged into the forest from our village in an attack and the village elders wouldn't help me because he was a werewolf."
Epiphany Epiphany Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Very Very

Users who are viewing this thread

Back