• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

RottenEgg5

I'm just a busy bat
This is going to be an interest check for a Pokémon themed group RP. This RP is going to include darker themes so please be advised of this. Any people interested in joining should be 18+.

With the release of the Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Remakes only a few months away I thought a RP based around primarily Sinnoh and Arceus would be fun! This mainly is going to revolve around some headcanons revolving around Arceus's origins, biology, and mythology given that there's very little shown/mentioned in game.

Set in Sinnoh, the age of technology has certainly grown. The use of Rotom in pokedexs and phones, Pokémon being used in human facilities for energy, waste elimination, production ect., to the new gadgets humans use for their own entertainment. While the world has certainly bloomed in its knowledge and technology, issues have slowly started to build under the happy façade of daily life. The constant and growing use of energy has led to over using factory Pokémon, people's ever growing appetite for the newest toy and gizmo lead to larger and larger landfills that can't be fully processed, the ever growing debate on just what Gijinkas are and what rights they should have has lead to various protests and riots across the region. Everything is just slowly starting to fall apart on the region as it does its best to mask these problems and continue on as though nothing was wrong.

Something is very wrong. The growing pollution problem in Sinnoh has lead to environments slowly changing, these changes not only affected the landscape but the Pokémon living in them as well. While most people are unaware of the extent of problems, scientists and researchers are frantically trying to find solutions before the population finds out how bad things truly are. In small pockets of land, Pokémon have completely vanished from the area. Not a single one live in these abandoned zones. The largest of these zones has grown to have diameter of two miles and, worst yet it, continues to grow. These areas, now referred to as Dead Zones, are closed off entirely to civilians and even gym leaders and members of the elite four. The only personnel allowed in are hand selected scientists and the Champion. Dead Zones aren't even publicly known, the Champion has made sure that the press suppresses any knowledge of these areas. However, online there are very small and tight knit forums that discuss these places. Those forums hold first hand information from trainers and Gijinkas who unknowingly had entered one of these places.

Most of these accounts talk about how there was nothing but pure silence in these Dead Zones. Since there were no Pokémon in the area of course there was nothing to make noise besides the people themselves. The silence however was deafening and suffocating. Most say it felt like they felt like there was just something so utterly wrong with the land, it was as if someone had poured ice cold water over them. Most say they swiftly left, some talk about how they were found by researchers and thrown out, threats of bodily harm and arrest made towards them, and a very few mentioned how they had seen people that weren't scientists. The other people reported in the forest were strange. Most stated to seen them wearing cloaks and masks. They seemed to be doing some sort of bonfire, whispering amongst themselves as they just watched the smoke. None of the people who claimed to have seen these masked figures ever reported staying long enough to be detected or seeing the end of these gatherings.

One day, one of these forums decided to meet one another in person. All of them had accidently wondered into the same Dead Zone in Eterna Forest. Each member had their own account about what exactly they experienced in Eterna Forest. These members all agreed to meet up and return to Eterna Forest to find the Dead Zone they had all wondered into. Little did they know they might have just stumbled into more than they could have imagined.

Lore Thread
Character Sheet
OOC

Last edited:
I'll show interest too... This gives me kind of cyberpunk vibes. What's going in with "Gijinka," though? I though "gijinka" was just used to describe anime girls that look like inanimate objects lol. What are they in this universe and why both Gijinka and, I guess, regular humans?

I'll show interest too... This gives me kind of cyberpunk vibes. What's going in with "Gijinka," though? I though "gijinka" was just used to describe anime girls that look like inanimate objects lol. What are they in this universe and why both Gijinka and, I guess, regular humans?
Gijinkas are half Pokémon half human. Typically they are displayed with having attributes of Pokémon. An Espeon Gijinka for instance would have a human face and body however would have the ears, forehead gem, and split tail of an Espeon. A Sableye Gijinka might have extremely sharp, pointed teeth, gems on their back, and gem like eyes. The list goes on. In this AU they're the offspring of Pokémon/human relationships which are considered extremely taboo and highly illegal. The Gijinka children of these relationships typically face a lot of discrimination by humans and its debated just exactly what rights they have. I'll have more posted on them and their inculusion when I write up the full lore thread.

I'm interested, can I get a link?
I'd be interested.
Yeah! Here's the Character Sheet to fill out.

I'm interested but how pokemony should the gijinka be
Gijinkas have the same intelligence as a normal human, they are more likely to be smarter if they are mixed with a psychic type. However their appearance varies wildly, it's entirely up to the kind of Pokémon used and you. The more humanoid a Pokémon is the more likely a Gijinka offspring from them is going to look human like. A Gardevoir Gijinka for example might look fully human outside of the chest spike, pale skin, and mild psychic abilities. The less human shaped a pokemon is the more likely the Gijinka is going to look similar to it. A Skunktank Gijinka for example is going to most likely have a humanoid shape but is going to have an unnatural skin tone, Skunktank tail, claws, digitigrade legs, and an immunity to poisons.

That's pretty cool. Potentially creepy? How intelligent are Pokemon in this universe (and is that level of intelligence generally understood?) I know Pokemon having full sapience or Pokemon being more or less animalistic or anything in-between varies based on the RP.

I could totally work on a character though :]

That's pretty cool. Potentially creepy? How intelligent are Pokemon in this universe (and is that level of intelligence generally understood?) I know Pokemon having full sapience or Pokemon being more or less animalistic or anything in-between varies based on the RP.

I could totally work on a character though :]
Most Pokémon have around the same level of intelligence as a human. There's certainly some that are lower, most bug types, the Gulpin line, Magikarp, and fossil Pokémon are thought to have below human intelligence. Baby Pokémon (Magby, Smoochum, Togepi ect) have the same level of intelligence as a young toddler. Most people typically believe that Pokémon don't have the same level of intelligence as a human and instead see Pokémon that might be preforming human tasks as simply mimicking the action with no understanding of it. Scientists however do understand that Pokémon are actually aware of the tasks their doing and why they're doing it. Of course more wild Pokémon do tend to have more animalistic traits and behavior though they show the same ability to learn and comprehend human actions.

Sweet! I'd love to see the kind of character you make!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back