• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Wheel of Arceus (OOC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

RottenEgg5

I'm just a busy bat
This is the group out of character chat for the Wheel of Arceus group RP. Members are free to talk here amongst themselves, share any art they create or have commissioned related to the RP (Commissioned works will need artist credit when posted), share music and/or memes. This is just a chill place to hang out in between the RP and to also share any thoughts or ideas.

Gijinkas have the same intelligence as a normal human, they are more likely to be smarter if they are mixed with a psychic type. However their appearance varies wildly, it's entirely up to the kind of Pokémon used and you. The more humanoid a Pokémon is the more likely a Gijinka offspring from them is going to look human like. A Gardevoir Gijinka for example might look fully human outside of the chest spike, pale skin, and mild psychic abilities. The less human shaped a pokemon is the more likely the Gijinka is going to look similar to it. A Skunktank Gijinka for example is going to most likely have a humanoid shape but is going to have an unnatural skin tone, Skunktank tail, claws, digitigrade legs, and an immunity to poisons.
Ok cause I do have an idea for a more wild gijinka that looks like this.

images - 2021-09-03T103332.749.jpeg

Oh another is there any limits as to our Pokemon teams?
Right now I'm thinking that the limit is three, you can capture more Pokémon and switch around your Pokémon later, with it allowing you to have a fully evolved Pokémon (Infernoape, Empoleon, Espeon ect.) and two basic or baby Pokémon.

I'm sorry, but I'm not super comfortable with pokemon/human relationships so I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this.

Or in other words, would they be able to get away with passing as human, especially if they're based on a humanoid pokemon? I was thinking about making a character who doesn't know that they're part pokemon.

Would it be possible for them to get mistaken for a normal person?
Or in other words, would they be able to get away with passing as human, especially if they're based on a humanoid pokemon? I was thinking about making a character who doesn't know that they're part pokemon.
Yes, most likely everyone in this universe has some extremely tiny portion of Pokémon DNA (That small link is what would allow gijinka to occur). Humans can naturally have psychic abilities such as Sabrina and the psychic twin gym leaders in Hoenn, some clearly have far muscle and strength such as Milo, some also have an amazing affinity for Pokemon like N. If a gijinka is someone's great grandparent their great grandchildren mostly likely blend into human society completely well. The only Pokémon features that might remain by that point would be some sort of ability like psychic powers, great resistance to poisons and illnesses, above average strength, or incredible durability and or mild off coloration of internal organs/blood (The tongue for example might look like it has been dyed along with the gums. Blood might also take on that same coloration.)

Just a quick question before I commit.

1. what is the required frequency of posting?

2. how much literacy is expected?

3. how short can posts be?
1. About once every 2-3 days would be good. If you need longer feel free to DM me.

2. Semi Lit would be nice. A descent grasp on grammar and punctuation, and proper use of Your/You're would be great.

3. About two paragraphs would be good so other people have enough to work with.

I have a question before deciding: does the change in a part-gijinka have to be physical? Or can it be present as a Pokemon-related ability only (e.g. a Decidueye part-gijinka having above-than-average archery skills by human standard)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back