Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

How gunshots would effect a dead corpse...

It's because I'm writing a vampire in the World of Darkness setting, and I need to know how bullet wounds would effect atrophied organs

Not an RP thing but still weird: "List of Historical Genocides."
lol I was just looking at something similar. Not for a RP, but because of a conversation I was just having with a friend.

I have a whole chunk of search history that’s just a bunch of mythological/folk creatures (ex: “domovoy”, “wendigo”, “likho”, etc.)

"How loud is a .50 cal BMG?" ( more than ~160dB, o: )

"Do sharks have skeletons?"

"Can you put a skeleton in a shark?" (no relevant results, surprisingly)

"Can you replace a skeleton?"

"Plants that tranquilize"

"Is moss edible?"
Dude. The Caravan Palace pfp. I had to respond. I know ONE other person who listens to Caravan Palace. ONE. Hdjshdhshs so, hi fellow good music enjoyer :>

I may be weirdly out of the element but if there is a topic I am looking to research for writing I often divert to books or just straight up text books. I am understanding I'm strange. I have several medical text books, a very out dated DSM, and I'm subscribed to library that literally has hundreds upon hundreds of lectures about literally anything. I'd say the most interesting research has been about space time and the universe in general. I have done my fair share of diving into text books to see what was actually historically accurate and what was not. I honestly don't know what constitutes as weird anymore. I've researched all sorts of things. I'd say anything about space is honestly the most interesting though.
I think the weirdest thing that I came across though that sincerely inspired me was about gravitational waves. It did inspire a role play concept. Terrifying and so intriguing. I'm a pretty curious individual with little trust in information given to me lol so I'll often go searching for my own answer.

So in short, the weirdest thing you've ever looked up has been everything you've ever looked up because you used actual books.
Yes exactly! ;) Or credible scientists and historians if it's a documentary. I do not trust the internet to have all the answers. It was the way I was raised haha. I literally like am so understanding I have like none of the answers. Things can seem one way but you look into books, archives, like libraries. You'll be surprised at how much the internet actually hides. We feel like we have this abundance of information at our fingertips but it's really just blinding us. The light from computers alone is enough to make one very distracted and not able to focus on one information point at a time. Like you have a million tabs open or you're like watching tv and researching. Multi-tasking in our brain is actually a myth. Scientifical myth. No one can multi-task. Your brain is just actively switching one task at a time. We, humans, think we are so cool lol How little we know. It actually shrinks the center of one's brain and impacts memory.

Last edited:
Cool, cool. I have ADHD. I literally cannot do that.

I have no illusion of multi-tasking because I do not have the attention span to multi-task. However, I also don't have the attention span to sit and read a dry, boring book for five hours even if the subject does interest me. My brain literally cannot absorb the necessary information.

Maybe if it was presented in a way that was entertaining, I could do it, but unfortunately the authors of these stupid books don't have a sense of humor.

Im sorry your ADHD is severe enough to impact you like that. I cant say im unhappy you have positive outlets with computers.My partner has severe ADHD and they veiws things similar

I Love You Reaction GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Last edited:
"Russia. Russian food. Russian customs. Russian phrases How hard is it to learn Russian. Russian clothes. Indigenous Russia. How far is it to travel to Russia. Russian airlines. Russian plane. Russia from Alaska. Russian language. Russian economy." then copy paste that with: Ukraine, Belarus, and Estonia.

Ngl these were weird searches around this time last year. I didn't think it would ever come in handy but damn.

I'm pretty sure some of my searches have put me in a watchlist somewhere and I if I go to the USA I'm gonna be held against my will in the airport and I'll be interrogated for hours lol. How will I explain that I RP some weird stuff?

•How to build a bomb with a PC
•How to set a bomb without someone knowing
•Where to get sulfuric acid
•Can you die if you get splashed with sulfuric acid"
•How to get away with murder
•How long does it take for a kid's body to rot in a humid, small place" (IT WAS A FNAF ROLEPLAY, for Void's sake)
•What's the word for child murder"
•Can werewolves survive an explosion

I sound like a wannabe werewolf bomber that kills kids on her spare time. There's also:

•How elastic can the human anus be
•Can I fit one million dead mosquitoes in someone's mouth (Seems like no one has thought of this. I think WE CAN)
•What are the effects of eating shredded rotting human remains (Like bones or graveyard sand)
•Brujeria de palo

"would a corpse make good fertiliser for carnations?" / "can you pull someone's face out through their abdomen?" ( no ): idk if yall know what i mean by this, but if you've ever seen that one mileena fatality, ykwim ) / "psychology of a cannibal" / "can a violent criminal shorten their sentence on good behaviour?" ( and various other prison-related questions. ) / "what is the most blood you can lose and still live?" ( general consensus is a litre - a liter and a half, two or more would most likely result in death in the average person. ) / "the process of being baked alive" ( which i did not end up using, but it did give me a new fear. )

i have had a lot of serial killer, assassin and mercenary ocs over the years.

I wouldn't think this is weird but eh: "What types of bulletproof glass are there?" & "How is bulletproof glass made?" I was making a character that had the physiology of this type of glass owo.

"<insert random context here> in Japanese"

May sound weird if you're not actively studying Japanese language, yet I googled it anyway. It's for this one RP where a bunch of (mostly) English-speaking characters are thrown in a universe full of Japanese speakers. I mean, I do use Google Translate but it's grammatically wonky, hence me googling "<insert random context here> in Japanese" to fine-tune the dialogues.

And yes, the RP in question leans to fantasy fandom crossover rather than a simple "people going abroad" premise.

May sound weird if you're not actively studying Japanese language, yet I googled it anyway. It's for this one RP where a bunch of (mostly) English-speaking characters are thrown in a universe full of Japanese speakers. I mean, I do use Google Translate but it's grammatically wonky, hence me googling "<insert random context here> in Japanese" to fine-tune the dialogues.

And yes, the RP in question leans to fantasy fandom crossover rather than a simple "people going abroad" premise.
Don't feel bad, I once meticulously researched how to pronounce the last name of one of my characters that was Slavic and had a noticeable accent

Don't feel bad, I once meticulously researched how to pronounce the last name of one of my characters that was Slavic and had a noticeable accent
Welcome to the club! I have literally learned some Old Norse grammar for a rp, lol. I didn't intend to go in-depth, but languages are my hobby and before I knew it, I was learning the difference between male and female forms for their declension. It's probably the most useless knowledge I have now (next to being able to recite Lord's Prayer in the Gothic language, which... we had to learn that at uni as part of one class, it was weird.)

Welcome to the club! I have literally learned some Old Norse grammar for a rp, lol. I didn't intend to go in-depth, but languages are my hobby and before I knew it, I was learning the difference between male and female forms for their declension. It's probably the most useless knowledge I have now (next to being able to recite Lord's Prayer in the Gothic language, which... we had to learn that at uni as part of one class, it was weird.)
I fucking feel that, because I always do my best to accurately represent cultures, to the point I will over research the smallest things and make sure names are accurate and have meanings and aren't just nonsense

"How quickly would someone die from a slit throat" or something along those lines.

For a short story featuring an assassin-type character I'd consider using for an RP.

What's the answer?
Depending on where you cut and how deep (for example, cleanly severing a carotid artery and/or the jugular), unconsciousness from lack of oxygen/blood loss would probably occur within 30 seconds, with death following not long after (within a few minutes, if not less).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back