Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

Out of self interest: Who invented numbers and at what point did someone decide to start counting things?

For an RP: Can life grow in a vacuum?

This thread is amazing! I've got a few additions:

What's it like to live with one lung?
Surprisingly okay, actually. The other lung eventually expands enough to partially compensate for the one that was lost.

Can you perform a self-tracheotomy with an empty plastic pen?
Short answer: you can, but you don't want to.

What socks do you wear in a desert?
Wool. Far less blisters.

Prostitutes in the Wild West.
They practically founded it, really. It was women who pushed the development of proper living conditions and entertainment industry around which the first cities were built. Never underestimate a prostitute.

Did they put poison on swords?
Not likely. Not at all practical.

For how long can a person survive in a collapsed mine?
That was more of a case study, it's very hard to generalize. 69 days, I believe, is the record.

A lot of stuff about first aid and wound treatment, but that's more for my personal awareness, and only later came up in an RP.
Bike crashes, as a video-reference.
Naval slang. There's a whole dictionary.
All about pet spiders.
Religions that involve two souls per person (Chinese dualism is the most prominent example, but I've only done a surface research).
Being tased: a video-gallery.
Legal classification of explosives. Learned why C-4 is called C-4. Not very exciting.
Military jargon. Country slang. Accents in text form. How to realistically write stuttering or lisp. All sorts of linguistic nuances.

Oddly enough, almost never had to Google anything too cruel for an RP. I guess the knowledge necessary just came from my other morbid hobbies (which, for the record, are not murder).

I'll add more if I think of something.

US Military Helicopter types: (Best one of all time is Chinook Guns a go-go)
"When did the Russian Military Allow Women to Serve?"
"Josh Ray Person Generation Kill Sunglasses"
For a School Project: "Chiapas Rebellion Countryballs"

- the number of methods in which a person can be tortured mentally and physically
- a how to on mafias and their structural mechanics
- the history of the yakuza
- lovecraftian lore and some of the deities whose names I neither can spell or remember except for Cthulhu for some reason
- 50 Shades of Grey summary
- child soldiers, how's that happen, give me details
- the sex industry
- sociopaths vs psychopaths whats the difference
- a medical analysis of bruises, burns, and injuries
- apocalyptic settings and things NOT to do for them

There's a mess more and some probably too bad I can't write on here but that's about as far as I can recall in the last year or two.

Pretty sure that Google thinks I am still trying to plan for a Scottish wedding even though it has been months since it was relevant to any of my roleplays.

"[Insert Catholic saint here] Newfoundland" In order to make sure I can come up with a purely fictitious municipality/unincorporated community for one of my characters to be from.

"blood loss symptoms"
"how to treat a gunshot wound"
"overdosing on laudanum"
"blood as writing material"
"demon summoning rituals"
"baby names"

fbi agent:
9m8glmU.png

Considering one of the RP's I'm doing now it's bound to be Cold War era espionage methods. It turns out I don't know as much about it as I thought I did.

~Manipulative and abusive relationships and their effects on the victim
~PTSD coping mechanism for the ancient soul
~Ancient nail polish (fun fact: nail polish dates back to 3000 BC and was invented in China I believe.)
~Ancient cleaning rituals
~Ancient abortion
~How much blood loss is too much blood loss
~How much torture is too much torture
~Subtle mental manipulation techniques
~Where to stab someone so it is very painful but they also don't die.
~Tell me an assyiran name gdi
~Realistic incest dynamics

Yet again, I promise I am not a psychopath. Just an avid :bishiesparklesl: writer :bishiesparklesr:

It's a rp, so it's time to make them exist.
I appreciate your thought process, but it was more so to try and defend a character design choice I made. No, a character with a rabbit mask in the middle of a group with carnivorous animal masks does in fact stick out like a sore thumb.

"do carnivorous rabbits exist"

No, no they don't.

Mother rabbits may eat their young though. They don't do it often, but they may do it due to a bunch of factors, like if a predator is nearby and the survival mechanism tells her to do that, or it could be from a change in the environment, or lack of resources (like food). I found it interesting that rabbits (and other small mammals) kill their young due to external stresses, especially within the presence of predators. This could be because the mother will feel obligated to stay with her young if the predator comes by and self-preservation takes over. They know they can't scare off the predator, so they will kill their young to destroy the attachment they have over staying and then leave. Plus, predators may be more brutal and the mother will kill their young in a more "humane" way.

Plus, this site explains that there have been cases of rabbits eating small carcasses, including their own kind and that of their predators. It's to boost their protein intake when nutrients are scarce, and they'll even run other small predators off to keep the carcass to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back