Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

Oh you know.... normal, well adjusted, stuff...
- how to correctly strangle someone
- how much force does it take to snap a neck
- where are all the major arteries and veins located
And that doesn’t even touch on the poses I’ve googled in the name of accurately describing body positioning. Honestly, my search history is a nightmare. Educational, but a nightmare 😂

Oh you know.... normal, well adjusted, stuff...
- how to correctly strangle someone
- how much force does it take to snap a neck
- where are all the major arteries and veins located
And that doesn’t even touch on the poses I’ve googled in the name of accurately describing body positioning. Honestly, my search history is a nightmare. Educational, but a nightmare 😂
Oh hey, we learned the exact same things in a theatre workshop ^^ Snapping someone's neck is a really inefficient way of killing someone.

hunger games roleplays mean i know waaaaaay too much about:
- beheading (how long it takes to die, what it feels like for those involved, did you know there have been accounts of people who lived for up to five minutes after holy shit, annectodal of course)
- stab wounds (how much blood, how long it takes to die, what it feels like of course, did you know your brain blocks out pain?)
- the anatomy of crabs
- poison spiders

Methods of suicide. Dont worry, Google, I don't plan to kill myself, I just want to learn different methods

Also a bunch of cannibalism stuff. What human meat is called (long pork) and what parts are edible (almost all, just avoid eating the liver or brain)

I'm sure I've read some of this blog too. XD

Also whoever runs this course should include First Aid because my god, fictional first aid is SO terrible. Hardly anyone writes good first aid. XD If I see another TV show where someone has a nosebleed and someone else gets them to hold their head back I'm going to scream.

Or all the scientific inaccuracies on those crime TV series.
No, you don't neutralise an acid solution by adding water to it. Those TV series' writers definitely need to revise basic chemistry.

Once I saw part of an episode of CSI and it was such bullshit I just laughed and wondered how anyone watches it non-ironically.

I just hope to god Quincy M.E. isn't inaccurate or I will be crushed. :/

I'm sure I've read some of this blog too. XD

Also whoever runs this course should include First Aid because my god, fictional first aid is SO terrible. Hardly anyone writes good first aid. XD If I see another TV show where someone has a nosebleed and someone else gets them to hold their head back I'm going to scream.

*Sees headless corpse and checks whatever remains of the neck for a pulse*

"Damn... he didn't make it.. just two days away from retirement.."​

Minecraft is the first thing that comes to mind. I wouldn't say I've researched how backhanded certain entertainment industries are for an RP, because I've researched on those topics at my own time and the RP I would've made would've used those elements.

Dropping the obvious death and injury related searches (hey, who here doesn't know everything about natural sources of cyanide), I have looked into topics like:
  • History of lighthouses and how they were managed (some seriously interesting stuff there).
  • Evolution of Slavic languages and Cyrillic.
  • Dog breeding.
  • The time it would take to sail from Norway to Rome in 13th century, as well as how likely one was to survive such a journey.
  • Binary codes for different computer keys.

Dog breeding.
Oh yeah I did a whole lot of research into dog breeding for competition and extrapolated it for fantastical beings. And also just regular dog breeding for kind of cozy mystery plots.

lol nice to know I’m not the only one who goes way in depth for cozier stories which don’t really need to be all that realistic.

Ways to knock someone out safely and quickly and keep them unconscious for a long time. For those who wish to know, apparently chloroform will keep someone unconscious for as long as it's applied. I don't know if that's true, though.

Not for an RP, but I once googled about eunuchs and ancient practices of castration for a story once. Never got to use what I read though.

-The process of cutting off a tongue as well as life without a tongue
-How to drain a body of blood
-How to skin a person
-Historical assassinations and their methods
-The key components of good manipulation
-Effects of Emotinal abuse

I am not a murderer, just a writer.

-The process of cutting off a tongue as well as life without a tongue
-How to drain a body of blood
-How to skin a person
-Historical assassinations and their methods
-The key components of good manipulation
-Effects of Emotinal abuse

I am not a murderer, just a writer.
Holy jack was one of the characters sadistic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back