Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

This thread is hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

Anyway, I don't remember most of my weirder searches (locked behind Psyche-Locks probably) but some of my normal searches took me to weird places. I refuse to tell you what happened when I searched up the Pokemon Braixen.

After having to research some perfectly innocent but simultaniously, in some contexts, highly dubious things for work (e.g. latex and vacuum pumps), when it came to doing research for my own personal projects I was rather aware of the pitfalls (and not exactly keen on getting Officially Investigated for researching something like kitchen-table explosives manufacture, or terrorism, for the PCs to combat). Then I discovered people have written books aimed at people writing detective fiction and so on. I have quite a lot of those now.

I'm not sure if this counts
But I pressed the search button to make it listen, and put it up to my newborn making random cooing sounds and it came out as "goo bod"???

I did a lot of research into poisons (how to make them, what effects they have) for a character. That's probably the dodgiest thing I've googled for an RP.

I also did a search for "can you grow cress on a dog?" but the internerd was not forthcoming with a concrete answer.

I also did a search for "can you grow cress on a dog?" but the internerd was not forthcoming with a concrete answer.
f4d.png

Well, I'm nkt sickened but give me a break. I had to find a reaction image on short notice. I am super curious though.

how long it takes blood to freeze. i've also looked up gunshot wound reference pictures?? i was just trying to make my murder scene sound realistic i swear.

I'm curious - I just got done looking up the weight of human limbs. Definitely one of the stranger things I've looked up for roleplay purposes. What about you guys? What sort of weird shit have you looked up for your threads? And what sorts of weird trivia have you got waiting in the wings to be used some day?

I'm curious - I just got done looking up the weight of human limbs. Definitely one of the stranger things I've looked up for roleplay purposes. What about you guys? What sort of weird shit have you looked up for your threads? And what sorts of weird trivia have you got waiting in the wings to be used some day?
I tried to look up what would happen if you injected perfume into your bloodstream... No one's been stupid enough to do it yet, I suppose.

And same with the "weight of a limb" jig. Amputee character was joking about having lost some weight, robot character had to come up with an accurate response.

well idk what the wackest thing i’ve searched is but i was currently tryna get a numerical-ish value of how much cocaine is bad for u n how much is safe to do 😳

Well, a pair of Youtubers just made a pee sauna, so I'm sure perfume in the bloodstream won't be far behind.
Oh good gosh, please don't remind me of that notification that's been haunting me, I swear I'll get the courage to watch it someday

Recently, I’ve wandered around many, many jellyfish sites to learn about their sting and now I know more about cnidocytes and nematocysts than I ever need. Also, box jellyfish have eyes. Er, I don’t know if this was the strangest, but it’s the only one I can remember.

The history and importance of sewerage is a TRIP.

I know an uncomfortable amount about the activities of the CIA, including the joint CIA-MI6 coup in Australia in 1975.
Ditto the FBI, especially the history of gangs in LA and the murder of the Black Panthers.

Dueling injuries was an interesting line of inquiry - the human body can take a hell of a beating sometimes. My favourite tidbit from that was a fellow shot in New York (I don't recall exactly when) who walked two blocks to get a bottle, broke it, and walked back to attack his shooter before passing out.

I've fallen down a lot of rabbitholes about unexplained phenomena (Dyatlov Pass, Mothman, etc) and stumbled on some interesting bleeding-edge research on a few topics, including some stuff about human consciousness being a terrible accident.

Honestly it's hard to keep track of it all when I'm not using it; normally someone will jog my memory when mentioned something or I'll remember interesting stuff when it comes up while writing.

I've researched plenty of strange and detailed things, things like the word for a person who actively seeks romantic relationships with people who are specifically amputees, things like such. I wouldn't say this is the weirdest, but definitely one of the most in-depth research moments of my life so far; I had once spent three days searching up which specific crops grew in 1930-40's north-eastern China, as well as the weather patterns for the decade all for just a short-term roleplay.

1- Anatomical changes of a body when it's internal temperature is rising up. Non lethal, but up to the point someone passes out (thank you water temp magic)
2- The healing and scar process of chemical burns
3- A recent one! How do hunting camera work and how costly do they get (answer: rip my OC's wallet)
4- The weight of a penguin (really important)

Different occurrences of human sacrifices throughout history.

RP partner from another site 2 years ago wanted to do an afterlife RP based on victims of human sacrifices. They had a pretty interesting premise for it + the title “Sacrificial”. Ended up looking into the subject way deeper than I had to/should have for ideas and honestly ended up turning away from the RP idea in the end.

it's not too wacky but i constantly look up this kinda shit bc i am a sheltered child who needs to know these things for playing more Jaded™ characters.
Screenshot_20200617-210844.png

How to properly construct sentences using Elder Futhark runes, and the proper techniques for fletching arrows for different flight characteristics.

Poisons (a lot of this)
What happens if your tendons are cut
How does wound healing work
If alchemy was real how would it work

Those are probably the weirdest things with undoubtedly how to make ricin being the one most likely to lead to an arrest, but I swear it was just for roleplay. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back