Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

Thank you for your sacrifice.
GIF by Gradient

Honestly depends on what you mean by demon. Like from Christianity? From a specific folklore? From a specific franchise?

As the term “demon” is like “cat” there is a wide category of beings that fit that label

There's been a few;
- Can you make poison at home?
- Do babies need to drink water? (unrelated to above)
- Can cactuses grow on mountains?
- Who would win in a fight between a wolf and a bear?
- What's the best way to hide a body?
- What does a dead body smell like?

Also some wholesome one's that were just what kinds of flowers grow in other countries and about fruit farming.

A weird thing I learned without Googling that might come in handy later: The process of death by natural causes. I don't plan on rping a hospice patient, but I do plan on writing a short story in which this knowledge is used.

Well, I read the entire Wikipedia on the history of Nuclear Weapons Testing. I learned a surprising amount. (And bunkers too)
Also burn injuries. I quickly learned they're not aesthetic or pretty like in anime or movies (should have guessed) and trying to make injuries into aesthetics is horrid, I'm glad I learned.

Edit:
- The scientific properties of ceramics and similar materials as well as the history of dolls
- Citizen Legalization Laws
- Deities from basically any non-greek/roman mythos; such as Native American, Ancient Mid European, Polynesian, East Asian, etc and most specifically (after settling on my choice) the Inuit Goddess of Sedna, and her mythos spread from Alaska to Greenland and it's so cool. I'm glad I was able to learn more about non-white, non-conventional mythos and apply them to my character as respectfully as I could (Seriously look up her wiki page)
- Royal Hierarchies in Europe and Asia
- Classifications of Palaces, Mansions, Castles, etc

Last edited:
For a sci-fi RP

-where does the smell of blood come from

For a lovecraftian RP

-human sacrifice
-human sacrifice rituals
-symbolism of goats
-Mayan sacrifice

Not necessarily weird, but the amount of wars and American history I’ve researched for some past RPs is more than I ever studied in school.

Not necessarily weird, but the amount of wars and American history I’ve researched for some past RPs is more than I ever studied in school.

Lol the American Education system : well at least they taught us to read.

But yeah I’m on a period piece kick and am learning all kinda fun factoids.

Namely I could not have been a woman at any prior point in history. That shit was depressing.

Lol the American Education system : well at least they taught us to read.

But yeah I’m on a period piece kick and am learning all kinda fun factoids.

Namely I could not have been a woman at any prior point in history. That shit was depressing.
Rule of thumb. Any point in history that's in the past be it 5 or 1,000 years is always gonna be worse than right now. Regardless of race or gender, but being a woman or neurodivergent or have a physical differentiation, or literally anything, it's a billion times worse.

Time Travel is not worth it if humans are going to be there.

Time Travel isn't worth it in the first place. There are too many unknown variables, time loops, paradoxes, erasing people from existence, creating new people, accidentally installing Hitler as supreme leader of the world, potentially causing dinosaurs to replace humans as the dominants race (if you think that sounds great, they're probably racist too), and way, way more.

Here's one of my recent ones: "ethnic slurs for Bosnians". The context was that I'm currently writing a Bosnian character and he does face discrimination. Needed to get a mental image and the context for all the different things he would have been called.

“How much water does a shark need to survive?”

It was just one of those things where my character was trying to build their own villain’s lair and I was wondering how much cubic litres/feet of water would they actually need to fill a whole room full of water. And if it’s enough for a shark to survive in it. And what type of glass to use. I pretty much went down a rabbit hole for aquarists and fish enthusiasts.

Well I was supposed to be looking up something but I forgot what it was because I got sucked down an SCP Foundation Rabbit hole. It's not even an SCP Foundation Roleplay.

“How much water does a shark need to survive?”

It was just one of those things where my character was trying to build their own villain’s lair and I was wondering how much cubic litres/feet of water would they actually need to fill a whole room full of water. And if it’s enough for a shark to survive in it. And what type of glass to use. I pretty much went down a rabbit hole for aquarists and fish enthusiasts.
You wanted to build Vector's fortress didnt you?!?!

Lmao jk jk

I've definitely googled "What does lightning smell like?"

Also this seemed like a good place to drop this

Lots of British slang. This was after I realized my character spoke like an American (for those in Castaways, no I don't mean Sami. She's from Unova it's just her accent that's British).

"How long would it take for a nuclear detonation to register on the other side of the earth?"

From a not-quite-fallout RP.

It’s a tie between “stab wound recovery time” and “swedish terms of endearment”

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back