• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Wayward Sons

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

CaptainSully

🤘🏻Master of Puppets🤘🏻
9th July 2021 - 09:06 - Wayward Son's HQ

Robert arose from his bed with the slight pain of a hangover pulsing in his head. The night before had been a glorious party, the group had taken out a large vampire nest that they had been tracking for weeks and so a party was rightly earned.

"What a night..." Robert mumbled to himself as he strained to sit up straight. His bed sheet dropped to reveal an exposed torso, the Brit's flesh covered in an array of scars inflicted by all manners of creatures.

Turning to his clock the realisation hit that he had only had a few hours sleep. He wasn't a big sleeper but it meant that as he stood up his legs retained the drunken wobble from the party. He made his way to his door with the occasional stutter before exiting into the hallway. The other doors of the group were shut, either still sleeping or already wide awake.

Continuing towards the kitchen, Rob began to rely on one of his best friend's, the wall. He used it to steady himself all the way to the sanctuary of the kitchen. If one thing could help him it would be the breakfast of all breakfasts.

After drinking a full glass of water the preparation began. A full pack of bacon, three eggs, a horde of hashbrowns, four sausages and an entire tin of beans were cooked, filling the kitchen with the glorious smell of grease and meat. Plated up, the food was flanked by several slices of buttered toast and a cup of tea.

"Oh hell yes!" What followed was an array of animalistic noises reminiscent of a starving predator finally devouring its prey.

After a long and tiring hunt, walking into the HQ to an arrays of mouth-watering smells was one of Sierra's favourite moments. The sweet, sweet smell of greasy, fried food made the cuts and bruises worth it. She hoped there was still some food left for her, but knowing her co-hunters, the plates would be licked clean. Her bag hit the floor as she stretched her arms above her head, hearing the satisfying crack of her spine and all the tension left her. The hunt had been worth it; another beast gone, another life saved. Picking up the bag she had dropped, Sierra walked to the kitchen, making a detour to the library to drop off another stack of books she had borrowed (stole) for the hunt. She may be an expert in killing werewolves, but it never hurt to have extra information.

Once more, the delectable scent of greasy food reached her, her stomach growling in want for whatever had been made. With her bag in hand, now much lighter than it had been before, the quest for some fattening food began—and was shortly delayed again. She stank to high heaven, having not been able to shower after the hunt, and she was quite certain that the red substance in her was not tomato ketchup. Biting back a whimper, Sierra knew her room was the next stop—with a decent shower and change of clothes.

Bloodied water rushed down the drain, as did the dirt that was most likely days old. Despite the sting of the cuts littering her back, the hot water rushing down her back eased the remaining tension, clearing the dust and dirt out of her eyes and sinuses. It was what she needed—that and a good, hot meal. Granola bars didn't satisfy the sheer hunger that came with hunting that much. Scrubbing off all the dirt from her body, and the blood from her hair, Sierra sighed happily, turning off the shower and drying off.

As soon as she was dressed, her hair pinned up to dry, Sierra continued on her quest, only to enter the kitchen and witness a scene she would never forget. Robert devouring food in at very unhealthy pace. Yet, it would most likely beat a world record.

She stared for a moment, before clearing her throat. "Uhm...you might want to slow down there, before you choke or, you know, get hiccups." With that said, she poured out a mug of coffee, leaning against the counter. "So...did I miss anything while I was gone?"

JJglgzR.jpg

Nova Chén
July 9th 2021 @ Wayward Son's HQ
Interaction: Robert CaptainSully CaptainSully Sierra cherrycosmos cherrycosmos
Mention: None

It wasn't a huge hunt that required everyone, but there were alot of hunters that went. She could understand why, because there were just so many vampires. She never knew that they could be in such a big group like that. Or perhaps it was two or more groups combined. She often thought about if that was the case which meant it was a good thing they put a end to those things.

Nova was sitting up in her bed resting on the head board looking at the ceiling. Even though she took a long soothing hot shower she still felt there was blood on her hands. She took the covers off and swung her legs off the bed. She did a few sitting stretches before standing to complete her stretching routine. Nova slipped out of her pajama set which consisted of a cute soft cotton blue tank top with Stitch and matching blue silk pants. She went over to her closet and pulled out some dark grey distressed jeans and a blank t-shirt with a dabbing avocado. She then slipped her feet into her slippers before leaving her room.

It was like she hit a brick wall. The smell was intoxicating, she could tell there was bacon, eggs and some other things mixed in. She rubbed the side of her mouth because she felt something slowly rolling down. All I did was smell it and I'm already drooling... she thought and shook her head.

Nova made her way down the hall to be greeted by a much strong smell and the added smell of fresh coffee. She caught the tail end of Sierra and Robert's conversation. "So...did I miss anything while I was gone?"

"You missed one hell of a party. Literally!"
Nova chimed in as she rounded the corner and strolled right into the kitchen to look at what Robert was eating. "Damn Robert. Save some for the rest of us hmm?" She joked as she went into the refrigerator and freezer combo appliance. Once inside she pulled out two packs of bacon, almost a dozen eggs, a full pack of sausage and some pancake mix. "Where have you been Sierra?" She asked as she pulled out some plates and started working on cleaning the frying pan Robert had used.

Once she was ready, she started to cook breakfast for herself, and the others who were still sleeping. She was hoping to have it ready 'bout time they all woke up.

1582554681410.jpeg

No matter how many hunts he went on, Chanson was always attempted to learn more about the creatures that they hunted down. All the books and passages written by old hunters was never enough, they didn’t compare to first hand experience and knowledge gathered from the source. And after every hunt he thanked his mother for protecting him.

After that he thanked his team for having his back by drinking and partying with them all night. Chanson loved to celebrate their victories, especially when it took them a while to track down and hunt their target(s). Sitting around and drinking with the Wayward Sons really made him feel like he was part of a family, and he wanted nothing more than that.

As always when the sun came up and his alarm went off, Chanson was already waking up to start his day. One of the early risers. He staggered from his bedroom, down the quiet corridors, and to the kitchen where the light was still off at this time. Keeping it turned off he placed his mother’s grimoire down on the counter top. Then he started to gather a few items from around the kitchen. A mason jar, some vegetables, a knife, and a few spices. It never smelled good, nor was it tasty, but after all this time he’d grown accustomed to the concoction. With his blend of vegetables and spices in hand, Chanson closed the grimoire and headed back to his bedroom.

It wouldn’t be until he heard some noise outside his room and then smelled some food being cooked, the Chanson would emerge once more. Mason jar in hand he headed to the kitchen, hearing the voices of his comrades and they conversed with one another. “Bonjour mes amies.” He greeted joyously as he entered the kitchen and squeezed past some of them. His mason jar was now empty with only a few drops of the dark green mixture still sitting at the bottom. Nothing cured a hangover like mother’s witch remedies.

How you could even think about consuming meat after taking down a vampire nest is beyond me. You’re all gross.” He teased playfully before he dropped the jar into the sink. His attention went to Sierra, who had apparently gone on an adventure alone. Risky, but everyone deserved time by themselves. “Did you buy anything interesting?”

e0a9163f5ca0edc6f32244480a82ec9f.jpg

9th July 2021 - 09:36 - Wayward Son's HQ
Emora woke up to her brother shaking her awake vigorously again. This was a common occurrence after 3 years of having nightmares about how they had lost their first family. However she supposed this time it had been really bad because even though she knew her brother was probably having a huge headache from the incredible amount of alcohol he had consumed from last nights party his eyes were really seriously worried and focused on her. Seeing she was finally awake he gave her a fierce hug that sat her up. At first she relaxed into it, the comforting smell of the only family she had left and her twin to boot but then she felt nauseous. Emora pushed her brother aside roughly and bolted from the room rushing to the bathroom as she felt the steaming acid try increasingly harder to shoot up her throat. She made it to the bathroom but the sounds of someone else vomiting made her slide to a stop and rush down halls, around corners and past several comrades as she was tentatively beginning to acknowledge them as, and straight to the kitchens garbage disposal. Just as she thought she was going to make it she couldn't hold it and through her fingers half of it spewed all over the sink but a majority of it made it safely. Great, now she would have to clean that with a hangover. She left her head hanging into the sink as her stomach continued to roil around. In a harsh and scratchy voice she half murmured, "Can someone turn the warm water on for me pretty please..."

```````

Emory watched his sister with wide eyes as she rushed out of the room holding her hands to her mouth tightly. She never had been very good with the hangovers that was why he already had the painkillers and a bottle of svedka liquor on her nightstand to help. He brushed off his hands and stood from the sitting position he had been in on her bed. He stretched himself hearing the pops from his bones and feeling the soreness in his body made him want to lay back down and sleep more but he knew it was time to get up, He sighed as he stared longingly back at the bed. A few hours prior he had woken up and emptied his stomach into one of his pair of shoes, he couldn't take the stink so he had just gone ahead and gotten everything together for his lovely older sister. When he walked in she had already been in the deep clutches of another nightmare. Her skin was placid and pale and she had been shivering even despite being covered with mom's thickest quilt (courtesy of him). She had a tendency to stop breathing in her really bad nightmares and Emory had been really scared she was gonna start turning blue soon so he urgently tried to wake her up. Thinking back over it he breathed a sigh of relief as a sick thought of [What if I hadn't came to check on her] entered his mind. He didn't like that thought one bit. Emory shook his head, hair moving with the motion and landing messily and a bit in his eyes when he stopped. Then he slapped both hands on his cheeks to get himself back in the right mindset. Before standing and turning to leave he snagged both the bottle of Svedka and the painkillers and made his way to the Community Kitchen as he called it.

He passed by Nova who looked like she had just got back from her usual extra hunt and said to the room at large,“Who else needs a drink to help loosen up the hangover?” Then he set the pain killers next to where his sister was washing her mouth out with water and gave her shoulder a light squeeze before turning to the foods Nova and Chanson looked like they were preparing for the group (He really hoped).

9th July 2021 - Wayward Son's HQ - Kitchen/Dining Area

Sierra's made Robert smile, the Brit doing his best to keep his mouth shut as he did. He hurriedly chewed what was in his mouth before taking a mouthful of tea. Before he could respond Nova had entered the room and told Sierra that the famous Wayward Son's parties did not disappoint again. However her attention soon turned to the mountain of food that adorned his plate. It wasn't out of the ordinary, Rob could devour the entire contents of the fridge if he chose to. His size hid the true vastness of his appetite, but hunting was good exercise so he managed to keep himself in shape no matter what he ate.

"You really didn't miss too much Sierra, just a hell of a lot of drinking and the usual piss poor attempts at karaoke...so yeah..." Rob grinned as he spoke, deep down he loved the downtime and most especially when the microphones came out. He was by no means a good singer but after a night of heavy drinking it was almost impossible to get him off the stage.

He turned to Chen and winked playfully. "When you do as much of the work as I do, you get the big portions."

The reality was that nobody was more important than anyone else. While Robert wasn't definitely one of the more hands on members of the team he was well aware that if it wasn't for the others he'd have been dead a long time ago.

Next to walk in was Chanson, his comments about meat eating always made Rob laugh. Throughout his life he had always found it strange when people would comment about eating with particular smells or while watching particular programs. For him he had no issue. In reality he could quite happily chew on a burger while taking the head from a monster. Food was food and it was impossible to put him off it. He gestured with his fingers to say hello as Chanson approached Sierra.

Several shovel loads of food later and Charlotte entered looking worse that Sierra who had spent the previous night hunting. Her face was a mixture of regret and disgust, presumably from a likely array of vomiting. He wasn't a fountain of knowledge about the dark arts but hangovers were his speciality. Charlotte looked as if she was on the severe end of the scale and so being the lovely guy he was he spoke up.

"Charles you are looking rough a hell today my dear! Come here, take a seat." Robert turned to Chen who was busy cooking her food. "Do me a favour and pour her a glass of water and a cup of coffee. Maybe get a couple of slices of toast for her too...while you're there of course." He winked at Chen again, a cheeky smile curling up at the corner of his mouth.

Next to arrive was Emory whose immediate proposal of continuing the session from the night before was almost too good to refuse. Unfortunately a memory of Terry from the night before came flooding back. The old man, in his usual serious tone has said, "You can only have tonight, we need to make sure we are all back to work tomorrow. I want everyone up and ready by 10:00." The reality of their work was that they couldn't afford to take more than one night off from time to time, such was the scale of the monster problem at the moment.

Robert turned to Charlotte, who he often called Charles for no reason other than to be annoying, and lowered his voice by a considerable amount of decibels. "I'm not trying to be horrible but your hangover most definitely looks to be at least a 9 out of 10 on the, 'ouch my head,' scale."

9th July 2021 - Wayward Son's HQ

Out of the blue, having not suspected anyone else to be awake—the hunters of The Wayward Son's did enjoy a lie in, especially after a night of partying— Nova had appeared, almost sending the mug of coffee in Sierra's hand crashing to the ground. Good thing Sierra had impeccable reflexes. Nova was, as Sierra had discovered, very outgoing. Never one to back down from anything—an admirable quality that Sierra was envious of. "You missed one hell of a party. Literally!" Nova had exclaimed as she entered the quiet kitchen, seemingly not hungover. "Damn Robert. Save some for the rest of us hmm?" Sierra tried not to snort, tried to hold back the sound in her throat, she even her mouth with her hand, but a tiny bubble of sound managed to escape past. "Robert never shares his food—I learnt that in my first month here. It's every man, or woman, for themselves." As Sierra said that, the coffee from her mug disappeared and she grabbed some bread, the toaster powering up to cook her breakfast. Turning back to Robert, Sierra cracked a grin. "Please tell me someone recorded the karaoke attempts, I haven't had a good laugh in a while."

Nova spoke up just as the toaster popped up, "Where have you been Sierra?" Humming to herself, Sierra glanced back at Nova, answering her questions in a light voice. "I caught word of "animal attacks" in a town about three hours away and well, you know me—I hold grudges for way long than is considered healthy. So, I packed up, got in a car and dealt with the beast. Hell, I got a free meal out of it," she paused for a moment, laughing for a moment as a memory surfaced. "He did get the surprise of his life though when he took me back to his." With a wink, Sierra turned back to her cooling toast, taking a large bite out of it. "Took me a while to find him though, that whole town was weird."

Her mood lightened when Chanson walked in with a “Bonjour mes amies." a wide smile appearing on Sierra's lips. "Morning." She dropped down the crusts, and wiped her buttery hands on a dish rag. "Vampires aren't so bad, much easier to kill than demons that's for sure." Washing the dish, Sierra vaguely heard Chanson ask his question “Did you buy anything interesting?” She dried her hands as she answered. "I brought a motel room, it was cheaper than usual and I'm pretty sure the people staying next door killed each other, so that explains it. And the room smelt the worse, but it was the nearest motel to the town so..." Shrugging, Sierra hopped up onto the counter, crossing her ankles and swinging her legs back and forth. Every so often, they'd bang into the cupboard below—not that Sierra cared. Her gaze wandered, noticing that the mouth-watering smell filling the kitchen was pancakes—God's golden gift to humanity—and quickly wiped away some drool. "Please, please, please save me some pancakes...they smell so good, and I've been surviving on granola bars the last few days." Her best puppy dog eyes came into play, her bottom lip jutted out in a pout.

Charlotte walked in next, pale green in the face and looking worse for wear—even worse than anyone else Sierra had seen. Jumping off of the counter, Sierra shook her head at Nova and filled up a glass of water, setting it down for Charlotte. "How much did you drink last night? You look like you've gone ten rounds with a demon," she commented while the toast toasted and the coffee boiled.

Laughing quietly, Sierra shook her head at Emory's proposal. All her energy from the mere three hours of sleep she managed to get last night had gone into driving back to HQ—she was too tired to party again. "As much as I would love, I'm way too tired and hungry to party. Maybe tomorrow...or never." With her hand in her arms, Sierra waited for the delightful food to be ready.

JJglgzR.jpg

Nova Chén
Interaction: Robert CaptainSully CaptainSully | Sierra cherrycosmos cherrycosmos | Charlotte ChillyTiger ChillyTiger | Chanson LadyOfStars LadyOfStars | Emora & Emory TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

"When you do as much of the work as I do, you get the big portions." Nova shook her head with a smile on her face in reply to Robert. She then looked over to Sierra who had asked if the Karaoke was recorded. "I got you, haha." She said while nodding in affirmation.

Nova had managed to put the bacon on and start on the eggs when Chanson came into the kitchen greeting everyone. "Bonjour!" She didn't really know any french, just the little tidbits that Chanson taught her (the basics). She eyed the mason jar that was in his hand and smiled inwardly to herself. It seemed he had a hangover, probably everyone or close to everyone did. Nova? No. She knew how to party but she also knew her limits with alcohol to prevent hangovers.

"How you could even think about consuming meat after taking down a vampire nest is beyond me. You're all gross." Nova couldn't help but let out a small laugh. She returned to cooking when Chanson's attention switched from the whole group to just Sierra. She focused on flipping the bacon carefully so the oil/grease wouldn't pop on her. After each strip was flipped she went placed a plate onto the frying pan that held the eggs so that it could stay warm while the rest of the breakfast was cooking.

It was then a new face showed up, and Nova spared a glance to see that it was Emora. She looked to be in a hurry, and she was. For she appeared to have barely bade to the sink. Nova raised an eyebrow at the other girl. "Can someone turn the warm water on for me pretty please..." Nova obliged Emora's request then returned to cooking for the group.

It wasn't long before Nova buttered the designated pancake pan, mixed the pancake mix and begun to pour it that Sierra spoke up. "Please, please, please save me some pancakes...they smell so good, and I've been surviving on granola bars the last few days." Nova nodded in Sierra's direction, knowing she loved pancakes.

Then Charlotte came in tentatively. Am I the only one from last night who didn't get a hangover? She thought to herself and turned to turn off the pan that held the bacon. She covered the bacon pan with a plate as well. "Do me a favour and pour her a glass of water and a cup of coffee. Maybe get a couple of slices of toast for her too...while you're there of course." Nova shook her head gently with a smile as if she was telling Robert he was being silly or playing too much. "Who else needs a drink to help loosen up the hangover?" She turned to see that it was Emory who spoke up and watched him come over to his sister and hand her some things. "I'm all good, thanks though. Maybe Charl..." She eyed the girl. "Maybe not, I think it'd make her worse."

Nova dusted off her hands then turned to go do what Robert had suggested she do for Charlotte, but Sierra caught her attention. "Thanks Sierra." She said since Sierra handle the task for her. She didn't mind multitasking but it was a relief none the less. It wasn't long that toasted bread filled the air along with the smell of coffee. Nova turned her attention back to the pancakes and flipped them because they were ready. "Almost done guys!" She said cheerfully.

A moment later, after the pancakes finished (they cook fast), Nova prepped the plates and gave everyone their usual amount. She was a fast learner and learned how much each of her fellow hunters usually ate on average. "It's ready, come and get it." When the toaster popped the bread out, she placed the slices on a napkin and grabbed a coffee mug to fill it with coffee. Once she did that she placed the coffee and toast next to Charlotte.

Nova went back to the prepared plates, grabbed her one and moved to table next to the kitchen and sat down. "Ah..." She mumbled in anticipation and dug in.

Chanson

Hearing about the adventure Sierra went on was somewhat amusing and at the same time a little too relatable. Motel life was terrible and more often than not there was some terrible accident on the property that made it affordable for hunters to stay there during the hunt. Too many times he’d stayed in a hotel and wondered what madness had befallen its previous residents. Some times he was happier not knowing.

As he looked around at all of his companions, a small warmth filled his chest and a smile stretched across Chanson’s face. Everyone was safe and home, alive and well. A few hangovers, but no one was injured. Their little family was alright. With a sigh of relief he leaned back against the counter top beside Sierra and folded his arms across his chest.

“if only every day could be like this.” The French hunter said softly.

9th July 2021 - Wayward Son's HQ

As things within the kitchen continued on, in rushed the man behind the entire operation, Terrance "Terry" Dyson. An aging gentleman who had fought monsters longer than most of the people in the room had been alive. He had seen, fought and killed almost everything in the monster textbook and still lived to tell the tale. He was a joy to be around about one percent of the time, the other ninety nine percent he was all business. Unfortunately for the group this was one of the ninety nine percent moments.

"Alright everyone!" Terry's voice echoed, off the tiled walls and called everyone to order. "I know most of you are likely feeling worse for wear but we need to get back at it. "Curtis has found a few cases already this morning so get your food into you, get ready and meet in the briefing room." Without allowing a response Terry was already out and on his way.

Curtis Maybury was the member of the team who could be pushed over with a slight breeze but was unmatched intellectually. He was responsible for the group having an unlimited bank balance but more importantly the source of all of their cases. The way Terry had rushed in and subsequently out meant that there was more than just one to be dealth with. Often in these situations it because a first come first served basis on whoever wanted each case.

Rob was the first to break the silence.

"I guess it's time to go get ready then." The Brit quickly polished off the remaining bits of food on his plate, chugged the last bit of his tea before placing his stuff into the dishwasher. "I'll see you all soon."

Robert headed towards the briefing room after a quick stop to get changed. The room was more a large, round table in the middle of the library. On the back wall a large screen was used to share the cases with the group and to give them all the opportunity to volunteer.

With another cup of coffee in hand, Sierra hummed and sipped the warm beverage. Chanson had it right, if only every day could be just like this—peaceful and light-hearted—if only. The scraping of plates and light chatter filled the kitchen's atmosphere, or it did until Terrence entered the room, breaking the tranquillity. "Curtis has found a few cases already this morning so get your food into you, get ready and meet in the briefing room." Yet another case, more sleepless nights, more sore and aching muscles and bruises. Sierra's favourite thing in the entire world—most definitely not.

Hopping off of the counter, Sierra stretched her back and grabbed her coffee, rubbing her eyes. "Wonder what cases we have this time. Hopefully I get an easy one, I don't think I have the energy for a complex one," she said, mainly to herself, though loud enough for anyone else to hear. "Meet you suckers there." As she headed out, she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and a sharp knife, breezing out of the kitchen to the briefing room.

She took a seat at the round table, knife in hand, cutting away at the fruit. "So...what have the monsters been up to this time? Anything interested?" she joked, cracking a wiry grin, pulling another chair close and resting her feet on said chair. "Do you think they miss us? You know, the monsters...I miss them a lot, being able to just—," she paused for a moment, fingers and thumb together as she motioned a gun shot, a soft "pew" noise leaving her lips, "them. Especially vampires, just wacking off their heads, the smug assholes." Sierra hated monsters, plain and simple. However, she did enjoy taking them out, so that was a plus. "Any hint as to the cases, or is good ol' Curtis keeping the cards close to his chest?"

Nova Chén
Interaction
: Robert CaptainSully CaptainSully | Sierra cherrycosmos cherrycosmos | Charlotte ChillyTiger ChillyTiger | Chanson LadyOfStars LadyOfStars | Emora & Emory TenshuZninja TenshuZninja

Just as Nova finished her meal in comes Mr. Party Pooper Dyson. Nova slouched in her chair and held in a groan as she gave Terry her full attention. "Already?" She mumbled, so only those nearby would have heard her. She stood up, causing the chair to push back along the floor, which made a noise. She pushed the chair under the table and put her plate and glass into the sink. She then rinsed it off and placed it into the dishwasher before trailing behind Robert, Sierra and Charlotte. She spoke to the rest of the group before she completely left the kitchen. "Come on guys, these monsters ain't gonna kill themselves... though that'd be nice."

Once Nova made to the big briefing room she looked at Curtis in the corner with his face in the computer clicking some buttons. They used to have folders with a shit load of information passed out to them but now they upgraded to a big screen so everyone can see and be on the same page, and to keep people from flipping through the pages. It was very useful to have it all laid out in one place so you don't have to flip pages to find certain information on one case.

Nova took a seat across from Sierra and Charlotte next to Robert. She crossed her legs and leaned back in the chair to get comfortable then places her arms on the arm rest on either side. "What do you have for us Curt? Something good? bad?" She raised a brow as she waited for a reply and to wait for her fellow hunters to finish filing inside the briefing room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back