• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Way You Make Me Feel {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Zyana tried her hard to stay away, it wasn't easy when your teacher sounded like a loon tones knock off and the fun aspect of it all was not there. She had started the new semester with her major all in her mind, it was her strong suit but not her only means of picking classes. Psychology was fun, but she needed some space to learn new things at the same time. The variations of classes she took extended her Associate's in Field Psychology for the last three years, Now, she was going for her Bachelor's in Field Psychology, which would probably take another three years, buts he didn't mind. Other then the terrible sound of this teacher's voice, she actually did love being about to go to school.

Zyana couldn't get out of the class fast enough, heading into town for a quick Starbucks fix, before she was subjected to being an assistant for the cockiest Psychologist in town. He was a brilliant man, yes, easy to talk to and not terrible looking, but he was too confident in his work, that he never changed it. His last assistant quit because he didn't let her assistant in anyway, she was more of the receptionist then a Psychology assistant. Zyana was just glad that she would at least be able to have time to study people at work.

Zyana rode her little Ford Focus out of campus parking and into town, she was usually happy to ride her bike, but today seem to be a hot day and driving was so much cooler, air wise. She just needed something keep her awake and focused, while she files, answered phones, impatient patience and emails. She sighed, she couldn't wait for her day's off usually, but this week had just started, she had no plans and she didn't know how the week would go. So, she just tried to take it one step at a time.

Jason drove his fast mustang car away from the law firm. Well technically it was his father's car and he was in the need to let off steam. He was taking a break from the work he was doing, he was intelligent, one of the bet workers there and yet his father still treated him like a secretary. He was a hard worker too and it just pissed him off. He took some deep breaths and slowed the car town as he entered the heart of the town. He needed to my be reckless he knew that much, he just needed to be away. He debated going to see his sister in law, but it was Ezra he wanted to see and his brother was in Kenya until te next day. With a sigh he just drove, eventually finiding himself pulling into a parking lot of some store or another. Maybe he would just walk around for a while.

Zy got out of the car and smiled at Zo, Zo had been her best friend since diapers were the new black, as Zo would state it. She was nothing like Zy and that was actually something refreshing for her, Zo always had something to say and it made life interesting. Zy walked to the sidewalk and Zo smirked, "So, Dyl just told me that Doc Shaffer will let him off next week on Thursday, you up for it?" Zo asked.

Zy sighed, " A get together over recruitment of the F.B.I., you do recall Dylan is a physician assistant and I'm just...well an assistant."

Zo chuckled, "You have an Associate's in Field Psychology, you should be looking into careers outside of an office." she stated as if it was obvious.

"I get that, but government work is not what I would be looking to make a career of. Psychological Profiling is the general goal."

"I get that, but really Zy, do you really think that being a police moot is going to be a good way to use that brain of yours."

"I just want to get something to keep my headache at bay and my frustration at ease. I only have to be there for 4 hours and then I'm done." Zy sighed, as they got to the Starbucks.

"I say we go out tonight. You don't have to be at work until 10 and you have night classes tomorrow so to night won't really interfere with anything." Zo told her holding the door as they went inside.

Zy sighed, "Fine, just let me get my white chocolate and I'll can Dylan."

"I can call him."

"Not calling him, Dyl you can't, you know how he feels about that. He'll never come if you do."

Zo sighed annoyed, "Fine, you call him. I think it is just childish for him to be so butt hurt about it."

"The children started calling him, Nurse Pickle, I don't know about you, but Dylan is kind of not a pickle fan."

Zo chuckled, "No, but maybe he should use that as line."

Zy smiled, rolling her eyes as she got in line, Zo could be a little out there, Zy was just glad she didn't have friends to compare her to, between work and school, Zy didn't have time to socialize much and when she did it was only with Dylan, Zo and her uncle. She knew people from her high school, and regulars around town, but she could only recognize them, nothing much else. Her curiosity just got her in too much trouble for anyone to catch her attention, even boyfriends soon got a little edgy over it. But that was fine with Zyana, she wasn't going to just change herself, she had always been a helpful, curious girl and that was how she planned to stay.

Jason walked around for a while, he stopped in front of the Starbucks and debated on going in and then decided against it. The last thing he needed was caffeine to rev him up even more. Instead he turned to go next door to the bookstore. He loved reading, love books. It was a nice escape. Of course he equally liked the sports he got into, boxing being one, and racing cars, though that was not one he could boast about to just anyone.

At the moment though He hoped reading a book would help calm him down a little. Most of his friends were either working or gone right now anyway so it wasn't like he could meet up with any of them anyway. Yes, in that case a book soused very good.

Zy sighed, as she left the Starbucks, "Dylan already said, yes, what do you want me to do?" she chuckled, as she started back to her car.

'The way he said yes, like he had other plans, just thought you would dig." Zo stated.

"Well, I didn't." she told her, as she opened the car door, "We can talk about this later, before I'm late."

Zo sighed, "Fine, I have a report to get to anyway. Criminal Law isn't going to solve itself." she told her, taking a few stepped backwards before starting to the book store, to get a few books on the history of the law, it was going to be hard to find a book that didn't make her want to do something else, but that never chanced the fact that she at least had to look. Plus, she had to check of the book she ordered for Zyana was in yet. She smiled and waved, as Zy passed her by, before going into the book store.

Jason enjoyed reading cases both old and new. He usually found himself looking around in the criminal law section, just law, pshychology, forensics psychology and forensics. He found it all very fascinating. Today he was browsing the section, but for the most part he was thinking that maybe he would leave it and splurge and read something fictional or relating to history. Ever since his brother had started telling him about his travels he had become increasingly interested in history, anthropology and archeology.

Zo got in the book store, she smiled at the registrar, "Please tell me what you got it."

The boy behind the registrar smiled, "Yeah, I'll go get it."

Zo smiled as she started to the criminal law section. She thought maybe history but decided to start with criminal law. That's when she noticed someone she didn't recognize. She looked through the shelf before noticing he was in front of a book that looked promising. "Excuse me." She told the man, "I kind of need to see that book." She smirked, pointing at a book a little over her head in level.

Jason looked over to her and raised an eyebrow slightly before reaching up and grabbing the book, handing it over to her. It was one he recognized and after a moment realized he had read it before. "It's a good book." he says. "Hope you enjoy it." he adds before starting to turn his attention to the book he had been looking at.

Zo smirked, "Thanks, hope it help." The boy came to find her and smiled, when he did.

"Zo." He stated, walking to her, with the book.

Zo smiled widely, "Oh, yes." She said taking the book.

"So, how is Zy?" The boy asked.

"Good, she finished her anthropology course, figured she'd want some info before her archaeology class next semester." She smiled staring back to the registrar with the boy.

"I still don't know how a Field Psychologist is going to use that."

"Pray I get her into the F.B.I. Zy could really use her extra classes then." She stated as he rung her up.

"Then I will."

Jason found the book he wanted and walked to the registry. He heard what the girl, Zo was what he heard? He heard what she was saying and couldn't help but to be interested. "Your friend, I would suggest this book for a nice mix of anthropology and archeology." He says, showing her his own book that e was about to buy. It was one recommended by his brother. "Sorry, don't mean to be butting in." He adds after a moment. He didn't like interrupting like that but he didn't meet a lot of people interested in the same things and while he had never met this Zy person, he thought maybe he could at least recommend a few books. He could even recommend some of his brothers books which were actually pretty good and useful, even if he never met the girl standing in front of him or her friend.

Zo looked surprised at him, and smiled, "Yeah, I think she'd like that. Zy is a curious kid to say the least. What about you?" She asked him, "Do you go to the university for this?" She asked curious herself, "If you do you probably already know her, Zy maximizes her semester with so many classes, at half half the university knows her and just about all the teachers she has taken."

Jason smiled a little and shook his head no. "No, not currently, I'm working at the law firm. These sort of things are a hobby. My brother goes to te university to guest speak sometimes though, perhaps she has met him." He says. He thought it was highly unlikely, and his brother only spoke there everyonce in a while. But little conversation like this was nice. And if he wasn't dealing with his father then it was a bonus.

Zo chuckled, "Maybe, she's meet the same guest speaker like three times. She bounces through so many classes, even seats in a few classes." She smiled as she paid for the books, "There was one guy that Zy spent half an hour after class, plus most of class talking to. They talk when he stops by campus, but I never meet them. You know if you like anthropology and archaeology you might want to look into Field Psychology, that's her major. You can learn a lot putting then together, might help you with keeping your opponent on their toes. I know she keeps us on our toes." Zo smiled, taking the books, "We are actually going out tonight, if you want to come you can meet her? Maybe you two can talk about it."

Jason raised an eyebrow briefly, suprised. "If I can get off work I think I may just join you." He says with a slight smile. All of his friends would be busy or gone anyway tonight. He stepped up to start paying for his books. "Where are you all going to be at?" He asks. He was liking the idea more and more, and besides if it went sour it wasn't like he had to worry about r seeing them again. And I it went good then maybe he'd make a new friend interested in the same things he was.

Zo smiled, "We meet at Jake's, the burger place off of 4th, do you know it?" She asked, "Dylan forces grease down our throats before we go out, in case we end up drinking. No guarantee that we will be drinking though." She warned, "I can only guarantee you might want to make sure your heart is up for it. Zy was a tendency of finding new things to be curious about and almost everything she does gets her into some kind of trouble." She giggled, "But if you do be ready, Zy had a million and one questions and not all of them are easy to answer." She warned him before going to leave the store.

Jason smiled as the girl left. He hadn't been sure edited but now he wanted to go. He thanked the man at the registry and then walked out of the store. In a much better mood as he headed back to his car to go back to the law firm. He would make sure he got off work in time to go and maybe meet this girl.

Zy looked through her study book as the waiting room was clear. Her phone buzzed, so she reached for it. It was Zo, she was adding someone to the meet, letting Zy and Dylan know a head of time. The fact that she had told them was suspicious, but not as much as not being told who. Zy jumped as the door opened, she put away her phone and smiled.

Jason managed to gets through the rest of the day, excited for the evening and as the day drew to a close he made sure he was done with his current work an left. He headed home first, changing into something more casual before heading to Jake's.

Zo smiled as Zy and Dylan showed up, "So, who did your invite." Dylan sighed, as the sat at a booth, Dylan in front of Zo and Zy beside him.

"Guy I met today, he is interesting in some of the stuff you are Zy." Zo grinned, "He even helped me with a selection."

"What selection?" Zy asked.

"I'll show you later. Point is, he's someone that seems to be interesting in all your random hobbies." Zo smiled.

Dylan sighed, "And what if he was just interested in you."

Zo said an eyebrow, "Then he wouldn't have waited for Zy to come up."

"Me?" Zy asked.

"Yep. He helped me and went about his business until I talked about you to the clerk and there you have it."

"Please tell me he doesn't go to the university." Dylan moaned.

Zo smiled, "Nope. His brother guest speaks there but he works at the law firm."

Zy tilted her head, "But I'm not really interested in law right now."

Zo smiled, "Neither is he." Zo saw Dylan and Zy's face, "Before you two go on one of your judgement moments, it's not a date. Just friends hanging out, to make another friend. That's all this'd is."

Jason walked into the restaurant and looked around some. He spotted the girl from earlier, saw her with her two friends and hesitated a moment before walking over. He had to remind himself that if it was a bust he could just leave and not see them again. As he approached them he have a friendly smile. "I hope you all don't mind if I join you." He says politely, before even sitting down.

Zo smiled, "Go head." she motioning for him to seat next to Dylan.

"Hey." Dylan said with a polite smile.

"Hi." Zy said, smiling at him, before biting her inner lip and looking for the waiter, she wasn't really too good with new people until Zo and Dylan got the ball rolling.

"So, I'm Zora, but you can just call me Zo, that is Dylan." she said, motioning to Dylan, then turning to Zy, "And this is Zyana, she's the one I told you about."

Jason nodded his head slightly in greeting. "Nice to meet all of you. I'm Jason." He says. He was usually pretty sociable but it was easier when he was boxing or when he was racing. "So are all of you in school right now?" He asks, ordering a drink and then realizing he was older than all of then since he was the only one who was getting a drink. Well t least he knew that much. Question was how much older.

Dylan shook his head, "No. I work for Zyana's uncle, Dr. Shaffer, as his PA. Usually works in the hospital, but sometimes he helps out at clinics, so I do one or the other." Dylan explained.

Zo smiled, "I'm a Sheriff Deputy, only part time though, I'm still studying Criminal Justice, only I'm not on campus much.

Zo elbowed Zy, who jumped, looking at her then at Jason, "I'm a Psychology Assistant at a local office, but I am a full time student, so yeah, I go to school." she said, before smiling at the waiter.

"Same?" asked the waiter.

"Same all around, except him, obviously." Dylan smirked.

The waiter smiled, "How is school Zy?"

"Good, still in Psychology." The waiter smiled, before leaving with a nodded, Zy sighed turning to Jason, "Zo said you work for a law firm, which one? There are three in this town, one in the university and like six two towns over."

"Um, Aarons and Co, it's my Father's firm and grown quite a bit since he sarted it." He explains. He knew the firm was well to do and pretty well known, but he didn't know if any of these guys would know about. Actually he thought the girl, Zo, would but he don't know about the other two. "So three seperate questions. How long have you been in school? How long have you been a deputy? And how long have you been working for Dr. Shaffer?" He asks with a contagious grin. He was trying to get more of an idea on their ages without asking but more than that he was genuinely curious.

Zo smirked, "I've been a deputy since high school, so the last four years." she stated.

Dylan sighed, "Dr. Shaffer took me one when I was getting out high school, but I've only been his PA for a few months

Zy looked at him curiously, "I've been in school my whole life, to be general, which your question was. Aarons, are you related to Ezra Aarons, the writer?" she asked, looking at him curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back