• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Watchful Eye - CLOSED

JustAlexandra

Mother of Tiny Lions
future cityscape.jpgregular cityscape.jpg

About:

In the year 2254 in New York, and things are quite different from our present day. Mechanoid humans are the main form of the workforce throughout the world, most human jobs being taken away aside from government jobs, which are paid exceedingly well. The streets are lined with screens that play ads 24/7, offering things that most of the world can’t afford. Phones are a necessity that everyone has regardless of wealth, as they are assigned by the government to each and every person. It is against law to go without them, and if found without it there are consequences with the law. No one really knows the reasoning behind this anymore, as the government has claimed so many answers to the question of “why”, that no one knows the true answers.

In this world, who do you live as - the majority? The poor, unwealthy, slum-surviving people? The wealthy - those who are practically unaware of how the other half lives, living in unbelievable luxury and enjoying the world's finest. Or maybe, the middle class, those who struggle to make ends meet but do so anyway, but only just barely.

It doesn’t matter who you are, because you all have been delivered a note.

Meet at Bermuda square on June 17th, at 8:45pm. If you choose not to come, there will be consequences. Do not disappoint.

- Eyes

AaiN Mekwr.jpg

Details:

- The class system works like this; Government workers and their immediate families are the highest level of wealth you can get to, aside from the president (this is based in the US). The amount of money allotted to each family is decided more or less by your family before you, so if you were born into the middle class, you’ll continue to be in the middle class when you reach adulthood, etc (you’re allotted money based on your class). There is only one way to “level up” that is intended to be fair for all, but it is not. Community service programs, thus proving you are good for society and deserve a better life. However, these programs are run by Government officials, and they rarely let anyone outside of the upper class into them, so as to keep “what they’ve got going for them”.

- Everyone is given a phone, government-issued, however, this is the bottom-of-the-line option. In today's standards, they’d be pretty dang cool, but there are stores that exist only in the upper-class areas where you can trade in the government-issued phone for a nicer, higher quality one. These are shown as a sign of status because you also have to give up valuable income for it.

- Most screens (government-issued phones included) are holographic screens.

slums.png

Me:

Hello!!
I’ve been on and off rpnation for a few years now, but I’m back with another group RP idea! Honestly, I have tons of ideas buzzing around in my head for this, so feel free to ask any questions you want. I didn’t want to add too many details if the interest just wasn’t there.

So here is, sort of, my rundown.
I require 2-3 paragraphs per post from everyone. I have a “three strikes and your out” policy on that, but only if you’re coming in way under the requirement. Like, I won’t bother saying anything in the first place until it becomes an issue, but just keep it in mind. It only seems fair if the others are putting in the substantial effort and are only being given back a few lines, that they get equal responses. Otherwise, people lose interest.
Obviously, normal RPN rules.
Be nice to each other. No bullying outside of RP, and be respectful of other's boundaries.

This RP will be sort of story-line dictated by me, but the characters are free to react and do whatever they want. Think Dungeons and Dragons but without the dice part. There will be free times, but also times when action is taking place. (I mean the term “action” loosely)

I will also create a discord chat for OOC and the character sheet once I get a few people who are interested. When you express interest, please say what character “class” you want to be, because I do want variety between lower/middle/upper class. Also, keep in mind as it wasn’t said above, lower-class people can likely not afford body-upgrades. They can get them “under the table”, but they might be wonky.

Anyways, I don’t want to keep writing too much here, so I will put out some more details the more interest it gets! Thank you for reading this far <3

Attachments

• 1615511771247.png
    1615511771247.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
This sound really interesting! Would love to be a part of it. I could imagine to write a female mechanoid human from the middle class - maybe something like upper middle class?

I also have some questions:
How do you imagine the mechanoid humans to be like? What exactly sets them apart from normal humans?
And since you wrote "most human jobs being taken away aside from government jobs": How many 'normal' humans are still left in this world?

This sound really interesting! Would love to be a part of it. I could imagine to write a female mechanoid human from the middle class - maybe something like upper middle class?

How do you imagine the mechanoid humans to be like? What exactly sets them apart from normal humans?
And since you wrote "most human jobs being taken away aside from government jobs": How many 'normal' humans are still left in this world?
maybe but answer her question

The mechanoid humans would be essentially robots, just programmed to act human like, display emotions if they are programmed to, etc. Sort of like Detroit: Become Human.

I'd imagine population would go down a bit, with the lower class (the majority) not being able to afford lots of children. Instead of ~7 billion people in the world, maybe more around ~4 billion at this point.

The mechanoid humans would be essentially robots, just programmed to act human like, display emotions if they are programmed to, etc. Sort of like Detroit: Become Human.

I'd imagine population would go down a bit, with the lower class (the majority) not being able to afford lots of children. Instead of ~7 billion people in the world, maybe more around ~4 billion at this point.
IM IN

Clan Ize Clan Ize I am a little confused. She answered my previous question about what those mechanoid humans are like and how many humans still exist. However, my last question was more about how humans behave towards those mechanoid humans and whether they are respected living beings within society.

Clan Ize Clan Ize I am a little confused. She answered my previous question about what those mechanoid humans are like and how many humans still exist. However, my last question was more about how humans behave towards those mechanoid humans and whether they are respected living beings within society.
oh well I would imagine whatever it's designed for, if it's designed to be a house maid probably not, if it's designed just to be a normal person probably equally, if it's designed to be a very high class military, tactical ect then I would expect you treat them better. However I would imagine there are people who treat them badly or nicely no matter what

Okay let me clarify myself. I wrote my last response very quickly so I do apologize, because I was definitely not clear/detailed enough.

I am really basing these mechanoid humans off Detroit: Become Human. The robots in that. I maybe should have called them something different, because these are NOT humans who have robo-parts. That exists too, but they are separate.

As Clan Ize Clan Ize said, they are designed for a purpose. You would see a maid in peoples homes, or a construction worker version out on the streets, doing their job. A bank teller in the bank. They don't accrue money and don't actually have any autonomy or thought - they act like humans because they are programmed to. There would be different model types, so it wouldn't be uncommon for some middle class to have them, but rarely the poor. The wealthy would obviously have many, for whatever reason they wanted to, and then you'd see them all over the place in your everyday life.

However, anderswo anderswo , if you wanted to play a mechanoid, we could work something out where one of them sort of.... Gains a consciousness. Or maybe... idk I could have a few ideas for that, if you wanted to discuss & was still interested.

I'm hoping that clears things up a bit. I've been a little MIA - I actually forgot I posted this for a couple of days there - but I am back and hoping to get this going if we can get a few more people who are interested.

I am highly interested in this. I'd be interested in being part of the lower cast of society that is having an affair with one of the higher strata. Is that a possibility?

Okay let me clarify myself. I wrote my last response very quickly so I do apologize, because I was definitely not clear/detailed enough.

I am really basing these mechanoid humans off Detroit: Become Human. The robots in that. I maybe should have called them something different, because these are NOT humans who have robo-parts. That exists too, but they are separate.

As Clan Ize Clan Ize said, they are designed for a purpose. You would see a maid in peoples homes, or a construction worker version out on the streets, doing their job. A bank teller in the bank. They don't accrue money and don't actually have any autonomy or thought - they act like humans because they are programmed to. There would be different model types, so it wouldn't be uncommon for some middle class to have them, but rarely the poor. The wealthy would obviously have many, for whatever reason they wanted to, and then you'd see them all over the place in your everyday life.

However, anderswo anderswo , if you wanted to play a mechanoid, we could work something out where one of them sort of.... Gains a consciousness. Or maybe... idk I could have a few ideas for that, if you wanted to discuss & was still interested.

I'm hoping that clears things up a bit. I've been a little MIA - I actually forgot I posted this for a couple of days there - but I am back and hoping to get this going if we can get a few more people who are interested.
I want to be android.

Clan Ize Clan Ize I want some diversity between characters, so I'll only allow one (as of rn anyways, only having a few players) If anderswo anderswo doesn't want to play it (since they claimed it first) or if they drop, it's all yours
no it’s fine. That’s what I was interested in RPing as anyway, well best of luck to ya!

Alright, so it looks like as far as interest we have
ChaosBisexualPirate ChaosBisexualPirate
anderswo anderswo
and Alvaris Alvaris
(I'm assuming you're not interested anymore Clan Ize Clan Ize , I won't tag you again after this just giving you the chance to tell me you are interested if I misunderstood)

I want 2 more players before we start the RP, ideally, so if any of you know anyone who might be interested in this - feel free to tag them! I may put up the character sheet today anyways, 1. so we can start that going and 2. I think it helps a little sometimes to get people interested.

Does anyone want a discord for the OOC?

Hi, I’m interested! I think I want a high class character, if possible.

I'm only posting here cause you're making me post here but I already told you I want to be in on it and I'll play a middle class character. Thanks ma'am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back