• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Watchers of Lynnhaven (Reboot) (Cyberpunk) (Always Accepting)

Sir Galahad II

Semi-colon Evangelist
Untitled 2.png
[IMG='width:1034px;']https://i.imgur.com/493nYkW.gif[/IMG]

The year is 2076. Humanity lives in an artificial era.

It all happened silently, without a single shot being fired. By the time people realized what had happened, it was too late. At around the year 2025, humanity was predicted to reach a golden age of technology by the year 2050. Nanomachines. Anti-aging. Power armor. The possibilities seemed endless. Behind these huge advancements were megacorporations, founded by the richest elite of the world. Technology brought longevity and quality of life, but more importantly for the corporations, it brought money. Money that they could use to buy politicians.

Slowly, bit by bit, laws perfectly shifted to take freedoms away, to prevent others from reaching the top. World leaders were put into place through assassination and rigged elections. Constitutions thought to be set in stone changed inch by inch. Education became dull, and weaponry was slowly taken from the populations of most of the world. By the time anyone realized it, there was nothing to be done. Conspiracy theorists, once thought to be insane, blamed the Gilded Circle, an alleged group of the wealthiest of aristocrats from across the globe.

Civil war occurred across the world, but perhaps the most notable one was the Second American Civil War, for its length and the amount of blood spilled-- though eventually, it ended in defeat for the rebels like so many others. By the end of it, the identity of the nation had completely changed. In the United States, most private businesses had been crushed under the heel of government funded megacorporations. American culture had been completely transformed, with Independence Day becoming the Day of Peace; the day the largest resistance group in the US, the American League of Patriots, was quelled. The constitution became a relic rather than the supreme law of the land.

Nowadays, it’s hard to tell what’s real and what isn’t. Commercially used androids, virtual reality, and even CGI in the news makes that difficult. The government controls what people believe to be real.

The day is July 4th, 2076. Across the nation, the ALP slowly re-establishing itself. They have not forgotten their oaths.

2025- The first of the megacorporations are founded.

2030- A significant portion of the US workforce is replaced by machines, leaving many Americans on welfare.

2037- The point of no return where many world constitutions had been drastically altered.

2038, April 5th- The US government begins mass disarming of citizens. Millions of Americans take to the streets in anger, starting the Second American Civil War.

2042, April 16th- The ALP is dissolved after the US government raids their last base of operations. Their leader, Denzel Greeves, is captured. There has been no news of his whereabouts since.

2044- The first commercial androids are introduced with heavy government regulation. They are considered property under law. As unemployment rises, anti-automation sentiment is at an all time high. Universal Basic Income (UBI) is introduced.

2048, June 8th- The elites of the world come together to found the Global Coalition of Peace, essentially the United Nations but with more power to enforce international law. Nations essentially retain autonomy under new restrictions.

2050- Almost two thirds of US workers are machines. Anti-automation/ android terrorism rises. Android rights activists are publicly shunned by the government, and in some states, legally considered mentally ill.

2063- A terrorist organization, calling themselves Spectre, obtains enough radioactive material to create several dirty bombs. In response, a global counter-terrorism organization, known as International Task Force One (ITF1), is founded by the GCP. Spectre is theorized by governments to be anarchists, while conspiracy theorists think they were created as an excuse to crack down on “global security”. Their motives remain unclear.

2076, July 4th- The 300th anniversary of the founding of the United States.

Hey guys, I'm Galahad. This RP has gone through several iterations across a previous forum and now this one, and I think I've finally worked out the setting. This will be a plot/ character driven RP. But in order for this RP to truly take off, I need your help.

First, I need co-gms. I've learned that it is difficult for someone to run an RP all by themselves, especially when they have other responsibilities. To that end, I need some people to help out when I'm not around, worldbuild with me, and even help me add to the plot.

Next, I need people who aren't necessarily active, but aren't absent most of the time due to work and such either. One post per week is perfectly fine, I know people have lives outside the forum (I'd be lying if I said I didn't procrastinate on posts either.) It would be really awesome, however, if you guys would be active on the Discord server I've made (which I'll give you the link to if you PM me, or post telling me to PM you.) I really want to make sure we see this RP through to the end, and I've found that more sucessful RPs have active communities. Discord helps tremendously with that.

With that out of the way, I intend for this to be a serious RP, but that doesn't mean we can't have comic relief, especially OOC. I want to explore what possibilities the future holds for us, both good and bad. Things like AI rights, automation replacing workers, curing disabilities, and, of course, the classic authoritarian government, are fascinating and scary concepts at the same time, and it would be really cool to see how you guys implement that into your characters.

You guys can either be part of the ALP, government forces, or anything in between. Keep in mind, however, that the story will focus on the ALP, and you will get a lot more action if you join them.

So if you're interested (especially if you're interested in becoming a co-gm,) click the Discord link and join us! Plan on the RP starting this Sunday. Feel free to also read up on the lore if you want.

Last edited:
It alright if i join? I'd love to co-GM if you'd like.

Would like to add that the Discord Inv has expired.

adrian_ adrian_

Sorry for the delay, I went to bed early last night. Anyway, I've decided to add a permanent Discord link to the thread, so that people can pop in and decide if they like it.

Update: The RP is being postponed due to a lack of interest/ incomplete character sheets. I'll check back in sometime this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back