• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Watchers of Lynnhaven IC

Incoming, on your left

Calista looked up and over, in time to see the man in the blue shell walking over to her, a multitude of screens folding back into his arm. Caslita watched as he came all the way up to her, leaning against the wall. She listened as he made the first move, speaking to her and at the end, held his hand out.

Calista looked down, then up nodded and reached out, grasping Kral's hand and shook it. For a shell hand, it was rather comfortable to grab. Calista expected it to be all bulky and awkward.

"Name's Calista. Calista Codix"

In Calista's head, Ida was speaking to her

Calista, he's one of the few that know I exist
Is that a problem?
No. Simply stating a fact

Calista ignored Ida for the time being as she released Kral's hand after a few moments

Benji dropped onto the warehouse floor looking around, his Chameleon Shroud still active. He listened for anyone around but heard nothing out of the ordinary.

Odin? Anyone around?

Negative. But there are residual traces of electronic signals... They stop at around that awfully suspicious hatch.
Thank you. But, could you maybe tell me where it is. I'm friggin' blind.
Right, right. It's to your 3 o'clock and 14 feet away.
Much better.

With this information, Benji walked over to the hatch and disabled his Shroud. Upon doing this, he allowed Odin to guide his hands to the handle and he opened it.

It's about 10 feet down. You'll live.
I better. Otherwise, your wise ass is going down with me.
Then you better take the ladder that's facing you.
Nah, I like to live dangerously.

Without a care for his Muse's opinion, he dropped into a meeting room where a number of people were shuffling around and breathing. He gently closed the hatch behind him.

13 people. Atlas is here. In front of you, 20 feet away.
Atlas? Good. And here I thought we walked into the wrong secret organization that wants to overthrow the Gov.
You'll be surprised how many there are.

Having enough of hearing Odin talk, Benji switched Odin to Passive-Feed, where Odin would feed information to his brain so that it acted like he was thinking to himself, rather than having a voice inside his head. From the information, Benji learned that there was a humanoid figure that appeared to be a rather augmented dragon. This "dragon" was going around introducing himself to everyone. He was the most interesting by visual description, but Benji was more interested in a person tagged David Monk. According to the files Atlas gave him, Monk had exceptional technological and medical experience. A bit paranoid, but he can help Benji fix Odin and his eyes... and maybe his memories, but Odin already confirmed that his memories are inaccessible, due to brain damage.

Regardless, that Monk guy would be a great help if he had the proper equipment. Atlas mentioned something about money, but Benji ignored Atlas's speech. He already heard it yesterday, and he didn't need to hear it again. Monk was sure to accept if Benji gave him a huge chunk of his earnings to fix his...condition.

That David Monk guy, he's gonna be our ticket to getting rid of all our problems.
Except for the whole "evil corporation, we don't even know that's out to kill us" thing.
One thing at a time Odin. We fix you up and get my sight back, then we can get to work.
And the whole, missing memories thing that you have.
One thing at a time.

That dragon was still going around introducing everyone. Benji would have to introduce himself sooner or later, but better to wait for his turn. No need to be rude or spook with a room filled with heavily armed outcasts. Besides, he could use a little while to get familiar with everyone.

Last edited:
Oh boy. Alex really did want to keep that clueless boy around. Between almost directly calling the guys with guns meat shields, that John fellow teasing them about their escape plan, and a thousand questions, she could only just manage to stay composed. Oh no, she wasn't worried for him. She was just trying not to laugh her head off. In any case, she managed to keep her snickering quiet enough to avoid any undue notice, and refocus on that speech. She had quietly wondered if this would be a resistance movement, but no, this was THE resistance movement. The American League of Minutemen. Damn. Sleipnir had no intention of dying for a revolution that wouldn't go anywhere, but... That's not to say she wouldn't get involved. She just wasn't that kind of hero... Well, if she was a hero at all.
"I guess I've got questions, too. First, do you guys have a plan? Most resistance movements don't last long without 'em, but I don't need specifics if you're worried about the company men squeezing us. Second, we ARE allowed to walk away at any time, right? Sure, we'd need a memory wipe like you said, but if I stick with you for a month and then decide it's all too much, I want to know that I can say no and walk away with whatever I'm owed."
She said, her helmet still on. No-one had yet called her out by name, and though Atlas said they would let them go with a brief wipe if they said no, she wasn't sure how much she could trust them on that. A bullet was much cheaper than memory mods, after all. And though she was confident she could get out that vent if no-one was watching, asking a question meant all eyes would, at least briefly, be on her. She shifted from one foot to the other as her wheels moved and locked into position. If things got dicey, she was ready to roll out, quick as the wind. She was Sleipnir, dammit. Not one man, woman, or machine in this room could keep up... But she'd have to get out of this room before she could really run like the wind.

Gabriele walked into the dark room and sat down and watched as everyone came in. When every came in made themselves comfortable the wolf machine started speaking. He deicded it might be a good idea to do introductions. She didn't have a problem with that. Just when she was about introduce herself Atlas basically appeared. After he was done people spoke and started asking questions. Gabriele personally had no questions. This was exactly what she had been looking for. She now wondered if the this was the person her dad was working with. She also happen to notice a late comer. She looked over at him. He seemed pretty normal. Though was anyone in this room really normal. She laughed to herself a bit. "Well at least I won't be bored." She had been pretty quiet the whole time mostly because she didn't want to make any friends yet. She wanted to wait and see what this was all about. Now that she decided she was in she relaxed a bit more. She crossed her legs and leaned back in her chair. "Hey are we in or do we have to do something to officially join?"
ChazGhost ChazGhost
Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk
Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II
Fenris Fenris
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash
DookieMcGee DookieMcGee
Gabe Gabe
Eldarkon Eldarkon
QizPizza QizPizza

Shaking her hand, the metal head did his best to crack a smile, though it was abit hard considering his face and mouth alone were weapons. The girl seemed calm, focused, hopefully strong as well. Everyone here had a deep backstory and some darkness hiding inside them, but at some point, someone should show them some light.

"Trying to get to know this new team, considering were all strangers to each other, that and lets be real...this is pretty shady" he said motioning to the room and the old man who still was in the room. The air had an odd smell to it and the secrecy was both comforting and eerie at the same time.

"Best we find comfort in each other, rather then stand separate and let the big wigs of this place take us down." He said as he looked over to Atlas and thought over how none of the past memories he had of the man, made him feel respect or safety. He then oddly booped and looked back to Cal "Also I hope ya don't mind, but my scanners kinda went off and I noticed you had an A.I., makes sense why your so quiet then, all them conversation in the your head and what not...does it got a name by chance?" he asked as he relaxed his posture and seemed to be less formal as he relaxed on the wall with his arms.

Monk noted everyone continuing to mill about, make small talk, or lurk, and assumed that this amounted to assent and a willingness to join. Some were eyeing him inscrutably.

well... in for a penny in for a pound.

Monk stood up to his full, rather unimpressive, height.

Well then I have a few questions...

1) What are your immediate operational objectives? Or shall we just form cells and set up some dead drops?
2) Do you, in point of fact, have a very large suitcase full of large, dirty, bills for me?
3) Have you given much thought as to how you intend to reach your organizations objectives or is that my problem... in which case I hope you've got more than one suitcase under that desk.

ChazGhost ChazGhost
Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk
Fenris Fenris
DookieMcGee DookieMcGee
Gabe Gabe
Eldarkon Eldarkon
QizPizza QizPizza

Nikolai followed his old friend out into the lobby to the waiting Mercenaries. He sized up the group, starting from left to right. “So, Sir. Let me get this straight.”

He squared his eyes on Gabriele first. “We got a girl that’s wearing and outfit that makes her look like she belongs in the red light district.”

Moving his view from her to Castila he shook his head. “A dolt that tried to move stealthily with bright pink hair and running at top speed on the roofs of nearby buildings.”

Then it was onto Monk. “Him! He probably hasn't fought a day in his fucking life. Let alone the type of combat we used to get into.” He continued shaking his head and then looked into the ex-security chief.

“That fucker was and probably still is a corporate dog.” He said pointing a finger. Who was next on the list. He wondered for a moment. The current line up was almost enough to sicken him.

Kral he decided. “That one is just batshit crazy”

Then his eyes came to the person who he was pretty sure referred to herself as a dashing rogue, at least in private. “Don't forget to lock up your silverware with that one about.”

Gesturing to Bruno and Symere. “These two look like they could probably handle themselves in a fight. But that doesn't necessarily make them reliable.”

Then looking at Rui. “And her, I didn't know we recruited school girls. You didn't start a cult while you were away? Did you?” The question was directed at Atlas in a half joking manner. “Seriously though, I figured we be deep to the bottom of the barrel. But at this point we’ve probably scraped through it.”

“Fuck, sorry for being so cynical everyone. It's been a long war for some. I guess introductions should be made. I'm Nikolai.”

Gabriele could not believe what she just heard....."I'm sorry what was that?" She stood up and walked over to him. "Ok listen pal I don't know who the hell you are and quite frankly don't care but don't dare come in here ranting about us and how we look and calling us the bottom of the barrel. I mean really look like someone who belongs in the red light district!? Are you freaking kidding me!? The way I'm dressed ain't that bad and you don't got no right talking about anyone else in here!" She crossed her arm highly pissed off glaring at him.
Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

Symere had his back pressed up against the wall next to the ladder from which the company had descended from. The oldest of the bunch had gone through a thorough scan of everyone and made assumptions which had riled the pale girl. It was apparent that she had taken the criticism to heart, made obvious by her following rant. Symere's gun was still pointed to the floor with his thumb laid on top of the cock, pinky, ring, and middle on the grip, and his index finger on the trigger.

Symere flipped the collar of his trench coat upwards. "We are above argument with one another.". Symere would state, the vibrations in his vocal chords felt tired and weary. Symere shot two quick glances at the pale girl and then to the veteran soldier. Symere knew that if this was indeed a freedom fighting group and not a trap that it would be best to not develop negative emotions towards the future associates. Symere kept the revolver pointed downwards, anticipating everyone's next actions.

Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long animegirl20 animegirl20

Bruno listened to everyone talk as another old man who seemed to have years of experience in life and war. This was cemented after the man pretty much roasted all the mercenary. Bruno then began to laugh as some other began acting negatively to old man's comments. "Hahaha. I like this man. It takes a lot bravely to come up to a bunch of armed mercenarys and make comments like that. Hahaha." Bruno said smiling. "Nikolai in the days to come, as long as I payed I'll be more reliable then most other mercs." Bruno said walking up to the man with his hand out. "Bruno Fifty at your service".

Gabriele could not believe what she just heard....."I'm sorry what was that?" She stood up and walked over to him. "Ok listen pal I don't know who the hell you are and quite frankly don't care but don't dare come in here ranting about us and how we look and calling us the bottom of the barrel. I mean really look like someone who belongs in the red light district!? Are you freaking kidding me!? The way I'm dressed ain't that bad and you don't got no right talking about anyone else in here!" She crossed her arm highly pissed off glaring at him.
"If you were listening I didn't call you the bottom of the barrel, I called you what you get when you scrape through it. I'm not trying to start a fight but you have to admit, the entire party is a bit redicously put together. We have every breed of nolife here and then some." He laughed. "Though apparently you have some fire in you."

"Comments aside, I would imagine most of you have equipment elsewhere that you may need to transport here. Yes?"

Calista was about to reply to Kral when suddenly, another man came out with Atlas.

She listened as he babbled on and then stsrted to comment about the people in the room. When he got to her, Calista just raised an eyebrow. Ida spoke up in her head

Dont say anything.

Calsta ignored IdA, however and mumbled under her breath

Like I could control what my hair color is

Calista didnt like this Nikolai guy. The pay better make upnfornhis comments. Sighing lightly, she turned her attention back to Kral.

The AI's name is Ida.

((sorry for shortness. at work and on mobile))

Gabriele glanced over to Symere. She wanted to say something but decided against it. Instead she ignored the comment and brought her attention back to Nikolai.

"If you were listening I didn't call you the bottom of the barrel, I called you what you get when you scrape through it. I'm not trying to start a fight but you have to admit, the entire party is a bit redicously put together. We have every breed of nolife here and then some."

She glanced around at the others and sighed. "Guess I can't totally disagree with you about that." She was actually more mad about the red light district comment then anything else if she was being honest.

"Though apparently you have some fire in you."

She looked back at him. "Fine but don't be making comments like that about me again alright? Makes me sound like a slut. Besides I've never even been to the red light district." She walked back to her seat and sat down.
Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk

Kral couldn't help, but start to crack up at the comment about him and nodded Cal "Well it's been a pleasure meeting you, glad to know I've got you watching my back" he said giving her a thumbs up. He then moved himself abit to walk more towards the man who just flung alot of burns all around. Kral pointed at him in a cheeky fashion and said "Hey now, you may be right, but not how I would suggest going in for a first impression" he said and chuckled abit before shrugging it off

He continued "Though I do have gear that needs transporting, mostly just pda's with enough data and body mods to fill a library...that and some fuel and some alternate shells for me in case something goes wrong." he said walking over to him "I've got all the info on locations and transport roots if you'd like them" he said as he opened up his arm again to show him the holo-map that was now projecting it's self.

On the side though, Kral was doing something with the signals he had noticed and was trying something new. Calista would notice an odd message coming through, requesting access to the same voice comm that the A.I. was using. Though the request was standard it was clear who it was from, since next to the message there was a chibi version of Kral's face with a thumbs up next to it. Being subtle was not his thing.

Last edited:
Amara giggled to himself as he watched the ensuing chaos among his fellow teammates. It appeared that little to none of them had any teamwork experience. It was sure a good thing that he was a mute, otherwise he would have said something nasty by now. But when the man caled Nikolai started labeling the others, he decided that something needed to be done. He then walked up to the man, towering over him and any other near him. "Forgive me, since my master is mute. For the past several minutes he has been in the back round, watching all of your actions and behaviors. He is not pleased" he then turned to Nikolai "you have angered him the most. You have no idea who any of these people are, nor where they have come from, the pain or pleasures they've experienced. But what we do know is that whatever this assignment is, we will be working together. So act like it, or you will deal with him personality. The same goes for the rest of you" Amara then walked back to his wall, leaning on it and gazing back at Nikolai.

Symere began spinning the barrel of his revolver in boredom now. Everyone's sensitivities being tested and just needing to be addressed was especially bland. It did not matter to Symere who was offended and who was not, everyone was going to have to get familiar with one another soon enough. To Symere, that time was not now but that could not be said the same about the rest of the company. The span of patience required by everyone at this point was seemingly taking a toll on the company.

Symere merely sighed at his current predicament. There was no other place to go too and even then he felt the growing impatience in his stomach grow. He reached for something in his pocket, fiddling around before reaching a cylindrical object. Symere pulled out a cigar from his pocket. Symere decided to spend the rest of the time to himself taking drags from the cigar. Symere leaned against the wall.

Placing the cigar in his mouth he held it in between his top and bottom teeth. He'd spin the barrel of his revolver before pointing it to the tip of the cigar and up to the ceiling. "BLAM!" The barrel rotated as the bullet spun and flung upwards. Striking the tip of Symere's cigarette and clanging off the ceiling, ricocheting into nowhere particular. Symere struggled to keep the cigar in the mouth with the force that compelled it to fly outwards. He'd adjust the position of the cigar and puff out a circle of smoke. "Apologies, I couldn't find a lighter..." Symere spoke out to the rest of the company.

Catching the ricochet bullet between his two metal fingers, Amara was little annoyed, but had a little appreciation for the lone gunslinger. He simply just closed his hand around the silver bullet in his grip and nodded twords the gunslinger

Well... that escalated quickly. The man Nikolai, Atlas's old comrade, began dissing half the group. Can't say he doesn't have balls. Or maybe he doesn't. War heroes, for some reason, lose them quite often from what Benji heard heard.

He didn't mention me. Now I feel sad.
It's okay, if he said anything, he would've just made you feel worse.
Heh. You're right. By the way, why hasn't he noticed me yet?
Probably because you're wearing full black and standing in a dark corner.
Nah, couldn't possibly be it. They seem to be able to see perfectly fine in this pitch-black room.
I think that's that's just you.

Benji decided to slowly step into the light, and as he did, he heard a robotic voice announcing his master. From Odin's description, it was a guy in a pitch black shell with ample weaponry, like most of the people in the room. The think that bothered Benji was that he was mute. It's bad enough that he's mute, but when someone is friggin blind, it's nearly impossible to communicate. Luckily, he had a Muse too, so that will make things easier.

Suddenly, some guy fired off a guy inside the room, sending off a ricocheting bullet that pinged off the ceiling and walls 4 times before something caught the bullet. Upon analysis, it was that black shelled man, named Amara.

Dang, nice reflexes. Can you do that Odin?
Easy. That bullet was only traveling 30% of its initial velocity. I could make you catch it right after it's fired.
Probably.
Okay, one bounce
Two?
That bullet travelling from the muzzle goes almost 1300 feet per second. You said you can cause my arm to move, at most, 100 miles per hour, and that's gonna break my arm or something. So no, I don't think you can do it.
Fine.

Benji decided to finally speak up, after the chaos.

"Alright, let's not start firing bullets in here. I kinda want to be alive to receive my payment"

At his voice, a few of the people in the room took heed. Notably Atlas, who acknowledged the man he had contacted yesterday.

"Name's Benji. As you all have noticed, or rather not noticed, I run stealth ops and assassinations."

Last edited:
Gabriele sighed seeing as now Symere felt the need to shoot off his gun just to light a stupid cigar. "Why do people bother smoking anymore." Some others started speaking up and soon enough that guy she saw come in earlier even started talking. "Benji huh? Haha I like it's cute." She meant that as a complement though after saying it she wonder if calling a assassin's name cute was a good idea or not. She looked up at him but then noticed something. "...." She was staring at his face. He's eyes they look She squinted her eyes.....ugh this lighting is terrible in here. Probably just seeing things anyway. Glanced over to Atlas wondering if this guy was going answer anyone's questions.
Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk
QizPizza QizPizza

Jhayda raised an eyebrow at Nikolai as he haphazardly drew sweeping assumptions of each of the individuals in the room based on appearance. Likely he was mostly right, but the tension was already high and it wasn't wise to be making things worse, she thought.

Calista appeared to be one of the more restrained individuals so Jhayda wandered over to her and stuck a hand out.

"Jhayda," she said, curtly introducing herself. May as well start to figure out who she could trust and who she couldn't. With the variety of skillsets and probable questionable backgrounds and loyalties, it would be stupid to go about making friends at random. Jhayda needed to test the waters before throwing her lot in with anyone.

She hardly flinched when the bullet fired, but warily ducked as it flew past her on one of its wild ricochets. "For fuck's sake...." she muttered.

Another one, coming towards you

Calista looked over to her right, seeing a new person approaching her. Calista looked at her in a curious manor and watched as the female put her hand out, introducing herself as Jhayda. Calista nodded, reaching out and took her hand, giving it a shake.

"Calista"

The gunshot didnt startle Calista either. It was just something she grew accustom to at this point. She did, however, roll her eyes a little. If there was one thing that annoyed her even slightly, it was cocky people like the smoker. Sighing lightly, Calista released Jhayda's hand

This person would be fine as an acquaintance in this endeavor
Since when did you get so punctual
I've always been. Just never decided to until now.

Caslita huffed lightly, turning her attention back to Atlas. She was still waiting to see what exactly they were going to. Or if they were going to leave this room

As the organizers continued to aimlessly spout off and the assembled mercenaries started to randomly discharge rounds in boredom Monk became exceedingly worried. It started to look as though coming here had indeed been a suicidal impulse.

How such a bunch of utter cowboys had found him defied understanding but there it was and now he might just die in this stupid warehouse surrounded by jacked up nutters and go girls. He debated with himself the wisdom of trying to make a go for the exit but even with his talents it was a one man tunnel in plain view of the entire room.

Abandoning any hope of being answered he slunk back into his chair and began sidling toward the nearest hard cover.

They made for an unequal pair with Rui's bubbly personality and the dark haired hackers withdrawn stance; though to be fair John hadn't met a cyber warfare expert that didn't display at least a hint of quirky attitude. Maybe it came with the field? Perhaps he wasn't one to judge in the first place.
---
Before long an tall veteran covered in army drab and burn scars appeared, flanked by a fellow who shared their greeting committees sense of fashion to an eerie degree. A hint of amusement crept across the guardsman's features at the sight and the implication; though it was quickly quelled at the mentioning of memory editing. The process was hardly a laughing matter and certainly didn't make the top of his bucket list.

Aside from the understandable threat of having ones memory altered the veteran minuteman had a grand vision. Despite his past Johnathan could see the appeal in Atlas dream, but so far there was no plans to take action and without action it would remain just that, a dream. His mood didn't lighten up much when the newcomer flanking their host introduced himself by throwing insults at the first half a dozen people in sight. The whole good cop, bad cop routine these folks were standing up had been dated long before anyone here had even been conceived. Still the approach had him tense up, expecting a bullet to the back or the speakers face to go up in a plum of red mist. When the only shot that followed came for an entirely different reason the man couldn't help but wonder if those around him were more composed than expected or simply crazy.

Hedging his bet's John decided to stay out of the thick of it allowing the mute full shell to take the floor with an attempt to enforce some peace. Adding anymore powder to this keg was likely suicidal so instead he tried to. “Perhaps we should determine our immediate objectives first, not much sense lugging around a bag of tools when you'll only need one.”

School girl?! Just who did this guy think he was? Rui angrily crossed his arms as his puffed his cheeks out for a few moments. "I'm not a girl you..ugly weirdo!" His fists were clenched as he spat his words at the man, looking visibly upset at being called a school girl. He could handle being called a girl, but being called one several years younger than how old he truly was?! "I'm a guy! I got unlucky, that's all!" He sniffled, a frown plastered on his usually happy face.

"Deary me.." His AI spoke up, deciding to give him a bit of comfort. "There there...Don't go crying already. You just got here, you don't want to be seen as weak, do you? Just relax." For as much as the two bickered at each other, she still cared for him. Rui went with its advice, shaking his head and taking a deep breath to calm himself. "It's not fair, judging us on appearances. Some of us might not look like much, but we all contribute something important, right? We just need to cooperate and work as a team!" His excited smile began to reappear on his face. He couldn't let ugly old Scarface over there put him down.

Oh. This guy. This motherfucking guy. Who did he think he was? Alex was just about to speak her mind when-BANG! Gunshot! Duck, wheel around to behind the nearest full-shell, and-... Oh. Someone was just lighting their cigarette with it. What the actual fuck. Everyone was in agreement about mister asshat, at least.
"Preach it, Rui! At least the last time I stole silverware, it was Queen Elizabeth's! I mean, probably the least well-guarded thing I stole for that guy on that night, but who else here ate froyo with a royal spoon?... Anyway, boss-man, I know we probably have limited control over who goes on what assignments, but do we have any say at all? Could I make a little request like 'I don't want to work with the guy who insulted just about everyone even though he's the least impressive guy in here.' or are you just gonna say 'He's on the team, deal with it'? Because that's not cool."
She said, looking at mister big mouth. No special equipment she could see, save for the doorman's clothes and a rather light looking sidearm. Well, light by comparison. Sort of happens when you've got multiple full-body augs and at least one assault rifle Alex could see. But she made sure she was ready for him, if he tried anything. Oracles buzzed and her reflexes were keen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back