• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Watchers of Lynnhaven IC

Sir Galahad II

Semi-colon Evangelist
Characters: The Watchers of Lynnhaven Characters
OOC: The Watchers of Lynnhaven OOC

Rain pelted the streets of the city of Lynnhaven. Lights danced in the water pooled on the ground, and people went about their daily lives as per usual. At least, this was the case in the main areas of the city; the exception was Old Town. Old Town was the slums of Lynnhaven; aging, decrepit, and filled with poverty and crime alike. Long ago, during the war, this section was the entire city. It was always bustling with people, and it had a strong economy, due to being a major steel producer during the war. After the war ended, many saw Lynnhaven to be profitable. They constructed great buildings, skyscrapers, and more efficient factories around that section. Soon the people of Lynnhaven left Old Town, the steel buildings and luxury drawing them away. Because of this, Old Town is never maintained, and it bears a striking contrast to Lynnhaven's concrete jungle, only containing aged wooden, brick, and plaster buildings. Gangs soon crawled in to avoid the police, and now Old Town has a reputation for being a bad neighborhood. Nobody really visits, save for the occasional police investigation or homeless person. This area is also unique in that because the corps never touched this area, no cameras are set up either, save for the ones set up by the ALM. Now, within an expanded warehouse basement, the ALM resides, seeing the area as an optimal location to set up a base of operations. Unlike the more urban areas of Lynnhaven, most people were staying inside their boarded homes to take shelter from the rain, except for those illegally collecting rainwater for their families.

A man in a black trench coat and military cap stood underneath the overhang of an abandoned warehouse, lantern at his feet. He looked out into the cold, dark day, scanning for the recruits Atlas sent for, viewing the cracked sidewalks and roads. Atlas had given him a list of people messaged on his phone, complete with descriptions, so he knew who to look for. He leaned against the warehouse, hands at his sides, ready to draw his gun just in case; not necessarily for if the recruits were dangerous, but mostly for the shady characters that roamed Old Town.

The rain didint bother Calista. It was quite relaxing on the contrary.

With her pistols holstered in the holsters around her thighs and her bow slung across her back, she made her way across the roof of the surrounding buildings. As she went, the voice in her head spoke up again. Calista knew this voice as "Ida", a name she came up with just because it sounded nice.

We're nearing the designated meeting point Calista.
I"m aware.

Calista was getting closer and closer to the meeting point. She climbed up the side of another building and walked across its roof until her eyes were greeted with the image of a warehouse. A single man was standing outside, lamp at his feet. Calista could hear Ida's voice again.

Calista, the man has a gun
Thanks for the note

From what Ida told her many years ago, Calista was an experiment gone rogue. Ever since that day the girl grew self aware, she had freed the AI as well from its restrictions. Ever since, the two have been working together. Over the years, the two had picked up a few new skills and Ida had found some new capabilities. For one, Ida looked through Calista's augmented eyes, using her own vision to gather data. Ida could also give Calsita a basic HUD in her vision, but Calista only used the HUD in certain situations. Sometimes it was just annoying to have things in your vision all the time. Ida could also perform analysis on people, machines, and other objects, with or without Calista's consent. Every now and then, the girl learned of some....interesting things, about a person

Any advice?
Wait until someone else shows up
For how long?
Let me worry about that. You just find a hiding spot

Calista looked around the roof, then moved over to a large radiator that was mounted on the roof, hiding behind it. Calista reached into her pocket, taking out a small device. She turned its brightness down before navigating to her messages, reading the anonymous message sent to her some time ago. Giving it a quick once over, she put the device away and hunkered down, waiting

Last edited:
"Sir, just to remind you that you have 1 hour to reach the designated location described in the message that was sent to you" Said Aia, Amara's A.I assistant. She was right. If he was going to do it, the time had come. But should he really go? could it be a trap set up by the agency or a hitman? Only time would tell. He was going to run out of money and equipment eventually, so he might as well investigate. After grabbing his equipment and putting on a large black cloak over his tall mechanical body, Amara set out to meet his unknown adversary. Leaping on the rooftops of Old town. He was quite familiar with this district, as he had done work for many gangs and crime syndicates that operated in this area. He had no problem killing sinful men, nor being employed by them. The cold wet rain drops pelted against this heavy metal face, tinking like a can upon impact. "we are approching the destination sir" Aia said again "there seems to be a target there. Good luck sir". Amara approached the man with great caution, activating with chameleon shroud until he was about 10 feet infront of the man. When he deactivated it, He removed his hood. He towered over the man, easily being many inches taller than him. "Allow me to handle this sir" Aia said, activating her speakers. "Forgive me, since my master is mute. We have come in response of your message" She said "Please, explain this situation to us"

Out of the corner of his eye, the man spotted the shifting outline of a figure approaching him. He drew his pistol, but once the figure decloaked, he realized the metal man wasn't corporate, recognizing the description. Once he put his gun away, he calmly looked up at the man, or what was left of him. He didn't look happy; not because of the metal giant, but he was likely just in a bad mood at the time. He scratched at his stubble a little before replying to the AI.

"To keep it short and sweet, ALM is back and looking for recruits. Seeing as your master is a walking tank, Atlas deemed him to be right for the job," he replied. He then pulled open the warehouse door, revealing stacks upon stacks of old, dusty, cobweb covered boxes. "Please, step inside. We don't want attention drawn to a crowd lingering outside."

Seeing as this man was not from a government funded program, Amara wanted to see what this man had to offer. so he would play along, at least for now. Bowing his head, he stepped into the dusty, old warehouse. But before doing so, he scanned the surrounding area to make sure that him and his new friend were not alone. He then noticed a heat signature of a young woman on one of the rooftops, hiding away. He became angered. "Don't do anything too rash sir, she may be an operative for our new friend". Amara agreed, and restrained himself. "It seems that there is a target in hiding on top of the building north of here. If they arnt yours, my master suggests you investigate". Amara then fully entered the warehouse, closing the door behind him.

Alexander Cleric

The cold air made Cleric adjust the collar of his jacket as he took account of everything he needed. It was certainly a strange message, he didn't think anyone would reach him, especially with the encrypted PDA that he managed to get. Only his clients got a hold of him, and even them lost him once the job had been done. He couldn't risk him being found. God knows how many people are looking for him. A first aid kit, his pistol and two grenades, for a quick escape. He rose his hands, deploying the sharp razors from his fingers. Alessa chimed in. "I don't think this is a good idea, Cleric." The Muse AI spoke in his implant. Cleric could see the maintenance subroutines that Alessa made every hour, and deploying the nanomachines to where it was necessary. Cleric didn't like, or cared to remember the complex name that Seed Network gave to the implant, rather, Cleric called the AI Alessa. The AI agreed on the name, and her avatar conveyed this personification: A blonde operative girl, using the same uniform that Cleric used when working for Seed Network. The PDA's screen lighted up, and a flush of information came in. Cleric read through some, normal maintenance protocols and reports. "Everything alright?" He said, while retracting the razors again. "Everything accounted for. Augmentations working at full capacity. Ready to work, boss." Alessa said, and Cleric nodded. "I don't think this is a good idea either, but it's better than sit here and wait for Seed to put a bullet in my head, or strip all of this and THEN put a bullet in my head." The man sighed. Placing the pistol on the holster, he sighed, took his umbrella and left the safehouse.

The streets of Lynnhaven were rather busy, which made Cleric stand out less. The man popped up his umbrella, and hailed a cab. The thick accented man driving it made the experience extra genuine. "Where to, my friend?" The man said, grinning from ear to ear. Cleric stared at the man for a second. "This is the address. Go until I tell you to stop, okay?" The man nodded, happily compliant. "Sure, sure! Let's go, then!" The driver turned the fare counter on and drove around the streets. Cleric kept looking on the window, the fast lights of the street making it a soothing experience. Alessa chimed it, silently. "We're bound to approach the destination in 10 minutes." Cleric nodded. "Prepare for anything, Alessa. Treat this as any other client meet." The driver chimed in. "Hmm? Is something the matter, friend?" Cleric shook his head. "Sorry, was talking to someone else." The driver took the hint, and nodded silently. The rest of the travel was silent and uneventful, and soon, Cleric asked the man to stop. It was a good 5 blocks away from the meeting place, but Cleric needed to make sure he wasn't being followed.

Cleric casually walked down the road, relying on his enhanced senses to try and notice any danger around him. Alessa kept feeding him information about the environment, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. "It's nights like this that make me the most worried." Cleric said to Alessa, the subvocal protocol relaying the message. "I'm looking out for you. No worries." Cleric chuckled, then walked a little bit faster. He reached the designated place, then noticed several figures already there. "Social Enhancement active, boss." Cleric sighed, and stepped in. "Good evening. I'm here about the message. Good job in bypassing the encryption, by the way, I gotta have a talk with my hacker when I get back."​

Alone rested a the metal man as he sat looking up at the rain, wanting to know what it felt like to feel the rain pelt him. The machine mimicked a sigh as he looked at his hands, thoughts and ideas flooding over his mind till it all stopped. A sudden realization to what his original goal was, to find this location that he was supposed to be meeting this group. Kral slowly stood and covered himself in his raggedy cloak as he started to move off the top of the building.

Once he had gotten back down he slowly faded in with the large groups of people traveling till he slowly, but surely arrived to a more empty location. It all looked ragged and things seems more and more sketchy, Kral oddly felt more comfortable here. Suddenly he stopped and seemed to jolt abit as he heard a loud warehouse door open. He started to head towards it as the location he was sent was getting closer and closer.

Kral looked around the corner and saw the two, not able to hear what they say or what they were looking at. Once the odd looking thing had entered he was soon to follow as he walked over to the man, giving him a two finger salute as he took off his hood to reveal his slightly glowing and robotic head "Excuse me sir, hate to bother ya, but I'm looking for some kinda shady group in need of odd people with the intent to kill" he said as he stood in front of the man, his arms crossed and his intent clear.

Calista didnt keep track of the time, but it felt like a long time before she could hear the sound of voices and footsteps. Ida suddenly chimed up

You've been detected, Calista. Whoever is down there with the man just scanned the area.
Do I need to be concerned?
As long as they dont attack you or take you as hostile, I"m sure you'll be fine

Calista took a peak around the radiator, watching as the man she saw before standing with another person. Whoever he was, he was massively armored. Calista watched as the two spoke for a minute before the man in the black coat opened up the warehouse doors, beckoning the newcomer inside. Calista then watched as a second figure appraoched. This new person was alot more upfront and personal.

She continued to watch the warehouse entrance as she got up from her hiding place but stuck to the shadows, moving slowly to the edge of the roof. Instinctively, Calista's hand was moving to one of her pistols. However Ida chimmed up

Its ok. They seem to be other people like us who were enlisted to assist this cause
Right, right

Calista made her way down the side of the building until she was back on solid ground. As she walked out into the light, she ran a hand through her bright pink hair. Not the best for stealth, but it wasnt like she couldnt change it. From what Ida told Calista, the scientists that experimented her did something that made her hair color permanently pink. She liked the color though, so Calista wasnt complaining.

As the girl got closer, she raised up both her hands slightly, giving off a small smile

Is this where all those who were summoned meet?

Bruno seemed care free almost as he walked down the street holding onto a black umbrella to keep him from getting soaked by the rain. It would seem odd to others why he was acting like this going down a dangerous street like this. Well his reasoning was simple, if any professional came after him he could sneak past them so why bother and if any street thug came at him thinking they could mug him easy they would be surprised. As well as badly beat afterwards.

As Bruno neared his destination he saw people heading into a building after a man in black trench coat spoke to them. "This most be the place, looks like they hiring many mercs. When there plenty of merc there's plenty of fun. Hahaha" Bruno said to himself as he began to laugh as he neared to the man at the door as well as anyone else still waiting to get in. "My good man is this place for the little... meeting of sorts or whatever you guys are going to call it?" Bruno said to the man in the black trench coat.
Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II

John starred at his own reflection in the mirrored black glass in front of him, noting with a sigh that he hadn't shaved this morning. It had been a restless night but that hardly meant he could afford to be careless, now of all times. While reaching for a steaming cup of jolly joe's, the round faced coffee brands mascot giving him a unnaturally wide smile, he activated his enhanced senses with a mental command. On the other side of the glass there was a mess of cables and wires; good, the cab was being controlled remotely or by a simple AI which would not bother to question their destination. With a clunk the vehicle shifted into gear and jolted forward, catapulting them into the steady stream of Lynhaven traffic. Johnathan's curses about the inadvertently spilled coffee muffled by the cheap plastic interior.

A group of people was already gathering by the time John came within view of the meeting point. The dog brain cab AI had abandoned him after declaring this part of old town outside of its service agreement limits; forcing him to trek the last leg on foot despite the downpour. Running a hand across his wet hair the former guard didn't even need his enhanced senses to tell this group was out of the ordinary. At least two heavily cybered to the plain eye, others sporting lean muscle or barely, if at all concealed weapons. Dangerous indeed, the brunette caught himself wondering what he'd be able to accomplish with a squad like this instead of the uninspired bunch Alcorr Arms tended to hire on.

“Certainly an interesting crowd.” John muttered in way of greeting before dodging under the overhang to escape the rain. “Don't suppose a towel and a cup of brew are part of the in-brief?” the ghost of a smile cracked his facade while his eyes wandered from the towering armored soldier to the weapons holstered by the pink haired woman.

The AI alerted the man to someone on a nearby rooftop. He squinted his eyes a bit and swore he could see a flash of pink. He remembered reading pink hair somewhere on his info sheet, so he didn't care too much. How many people with that color could there be? Regardless, a group of people now approached him.

"Alright, one at a time, please," he said, unenthusiastically, yet not emotionless either. He pulled out his phone and opened up the list again, just to be certain.

"Alexander. You can complement our server junkies later. Right this way, please."

"Kralka... uh, sure, Kral. You've come to the right place," he said, gesturing inside.

"Calista. Smart scouting on the roof first. You're at the place, right this way."

"Bruno. Yes," he said, gesturing inside with his head.

"Aaand last, for now, but not least, John. Ask Atlas, he's the kind of guy to offer that. This way, please."

He continued to watch for more recruits. Fortunately he didn't need to use his gun, and hopefully wouldn't have to until maybe tomorrow.

imageproxy.jpg BAM! A guy with flying and crashed into a table. Gabriele walked over to him and looked down at him with one hand on her hip. "Look I'm flattered really but the next time you get grabby on me again." She leaned in close. "You won't have a hand to grab with." Gabriele looked around the bar as the people stared at her in silence. She smirked, "Well now don't let me ruin the fun drink up!" She the turned around and headed out. She really was not in the mood to deal with stupid drunks tonight. She had only wanted one drink. She had gotten a message about joining some group and they were suppose to be meeting tonight. As she approached the place she noticed some people gathered around and heading in. She walked up to them. "So is this meeting place?"

"One second, miss," the man replied, adjusting his hat before scrolling through the list again.

"And you are... Gabriele. Step inside, the other recruits won't bite. I hope."

The lantern at his feet started flickering a little. He kicked it lightly, nudging it ever so slightly, and made it glow brightly again. Hopefully the other recruits wouldn't take long. He almost wanted to pull out a cigarette, but decided against it.

The brown flap of the trench coat would drape across the floor like that of a Superhero. His eyes narrowing down past dark alleyways and towards street lights. He had awoken a week before to a scroll scribbled with an invitation to a meeting of sorts. The vagueness within the content seemingly scribbled "T r a p" all over it. Symere was not the trusting type and would prefer interrogation over conversation for it had always seemed safer for him.

At least he believed so as he'd head down the dark passages through Old Town, a gang infested area with a notorious reputation for being a large source of illegal outfits and organized crimes all around. Anyone and everyone posed a threat to Symere in one way or another and he proceeded at everything with unnecessary caution at all times. His right hand gripped on one holster hanging loose on his ammunition belt. A row of ammunition that would seemingly carry out into eternity on and on until the end of time. His thumb, resting upon the hilt of the revolver would put him at ease in the face of any adversity.

Symere had come across a warehouse, one lonesome figure stood in front of the doorway. His eyes darted left and right at the scenery, the area relatively empty. He'd observe the sparrows fluttering off into the distant sky before drawing his iris's back towards the man. Symere popped out of the corner of an alley way into plain view. He'd equip the revolver from the holster in which it had laid in and aimed it towards the man from a good distance. He, too was armed with a firearm, "This had best not be a trick to have me murdered...". His eyes peering down the iron sights of his revolver.

Suddenly, a man emerged from a nearby alley and aimed his gun at him. He decided to refrain from engaging in a fight, however, and decided instead to see why he was there first. He seemed more frustrated than surprised.

"If you're here because of the message, I suggest you put that gun down before my associates get out here," he called out angrily. "If this was a trap, we wouldn't be inviting several dangerous criminals through our front door." He glanced at the list again, then recognized the man's appearance even from a distance.

"You're Symere, right? Put the damn gun away and step inside."

"Thank you my good man" Bruno said happily as he enter the building. He looked around at the dusty boxes as well as the different mercenaries and criminals who were gathered up. "I've been in much better locations for a meeting, but I also been in much worse to." Bruno said closing his umbrella. "So whose the boss with the money" Bruno said looking around at all different people around more closely.

Symere Wright. By god the worst conversation starter on the planet. Then again, there's no way you could expect a man to strike up a casual conversation with a man standing outside of the warehouse. However, his words rung true with Symere and with that he spun his revolver in a wheel-like motion before planting it into it's holster. His eyes opened up as Symere was not staring down the iron sights any longer. The metal doorway inside the large and expansive warehouse would be host to dangerous men and women with vendetta's and anti-authority personalities.

Symere's breath joined the cold wind blowing by as he let out a deep sigh of semi-relief. His trench coat would drape against the floor in the same hero-like manner it always had as he approached the door. He stopped in front of the man as he moved sideways to let him through. Symere would make eye contact with him before entering the large warehouse.

Inside you'd be able to do a full scan of the area with two quick glances going left and right. A mute that seemed to look like a junkyard covered head to toe in metallic and robotic like armor. A pale girl with cheery expressions all around, what his eyes caught in a moments glance had captured images of odd-ball characters with mysterious motives all-around. None here did Symere even feel remotely safe around or to engage in conversation with. He'd place himself on a crate in the farthest corner of the room. His eyes, continuously darting left and right at odd-ball figures and to the doorway, where the shadowy figure of a man would keep casually allowing mysterious figures in.

upload_2017-9-12_10-23-8-jpeg.351283

imageproxy.jpg Gabriele smiled and went in. "Thanks." Once she got in she noticed a lot of seemed like the odd type. She didn't really know what to expect most these people seem to be...cyborgs? The best way she could put it. She sat down taking a look around and wondered if this was a good idea after all. She adjusted the red bow on her head then crossed her legs. Just then another person walked in. He sat further away from the group. Not that she could really blame him.

"So whose the boss with the money"

She glanced over at the guy. "Now idea....might not even be here yet."
ChazGhost ChazGhost
Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk
Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II
Fenris Fenris
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash
DookieMcGee DookieMcGee
Gabe Gabe
Eldarkon Eldarkon

Calista followed the man's instructions and entered the warehouse. Shortly after, may others turned up, from some 19 year old girl to some jackass with an umbrella who attempted to start up a conversation. The goth looking girl had replied to the man and was now looking around the room

Dont say a word.
I wasnt planning on it

It was odd how Calista and Ida communicated. From what Ida had told the girl, Calista didnt even need to speak out loud. She just had to...think, her replies to the AI. It took a few weeks getting used to, but by now it was just natural to have conversations in her head, while appearing completely mute on the outside. Her eyes glanced from side to side. To others, it may have looked like a nervous tick, but in reality, Calista was looking at each person until Ida told her to look at the next. Calista was doing a quick analysis over everyone. Everyone had a weapon of some form, though Calista was able to pick out the experienced from the bunch.

Calista reached up again, brushing her hair off to the side and then brought her arms up, crossing them across her chest. Ida spoke up in her head again

Your arm is fully charged.
Thanks

In the past, Calista had only used the power surge capability in her left arm for stunning targets and knocking out the power in the surrounding area she was in for better cover. Lately, she'd been testing combing the electricity from her arm and her regular arrows, making some form a stun bolt. She had been able to super charge her EMP arrows, but that was it thus far.

The lastest person who walked in interested Calista more than the others, mainly because of how far away he wanted to be from everyone else. She didnt bother him however. It was his decision.

Looking around the group, Kral actually found that everyone was abit off the wall. He did notice the man covered in robotics, it was nice to know he wasn't the only one. He un-did the cloak he had on and let it fall, revealing his robotics fully, light blue was glowing from his joints. He acted as if he was stretching for a moment, letting his shoulder and leg thrusters glow abit more as he stretched their locations. He gave a soft sigh which let out some steam from his mouth, giving everyone a quick inspection. His social enhancements let him know on how he should greet each person, unfortunately most of them just state "Avoid contact and perform task". The same was also stated for his robotic companion, but he decided to go against it and walk over.

As he did, he started to get an odd reading from the pink haired girl, it said their were two targets near by. He thought for a moment then chuckled lightly at the thought of an AI, glad he didn't have to deal with one of those. As he walked by her he gave her a two finger salute and tinked his head as recognition of the "voice" she probably had, if not then he just looked crazy.

He noticed some off figure looming, some seeming just about as comfy as he did. It all was abit startling, yet interesting in the same way. He arrived near the silent fellow and moved so he was in front of him. Going against his social enhancements, he held out his hand to the man "Hey there, names Kral. Good to see another metal head will be watching my back out there with...what ever were doing with this" he said with a faint smile on his metal, dragon like face.

Amara just leaned against the wall of the warehouse, scanning it with his enhanced senses and post visual sight. As he thought, the warehouse was just filled with useless junk, old tech from the time before the war that was not even worth using. However, trying all that he could, he couldnt see what was below the warehouse. Wherever he used x-ray, infrared, ultraviolet, or thermal, he couldn't detect anything at all. His again made him upset. "Sir, I suggest that you lay low for the time being. clearly there is something down there that they dont want us to see" Aia said with assurance "Let us play their game for now. they quite possibly will reveal all the answers to our questions". This calmed down Amara, as he certainly agreed with Aia on this. For the short time when he was alone, he took off his black cloak and checked his weapons, making sure that his firearms were operational and his blades were still sharp. And then, others entered the warehouse. One, two, three, and four more people entered. "Sir, I recommend not approaching any of them for the time being" Aia said "Unless one approaches you, dont engage with any of them until we know our situation". So Amara just leaned on the wall surveying the people that he was presumably going to be working with. Only one of them caught his eye though, the only other man that had a Shell. However, his shell was much more flashy and less combat orientated. Amara was also taller than him, easily being 3 inches taller. His greeting was surprisingly friendly and warm, something that he did not expect. "This man obviously is similar to you sir. I suggest making his acquaintance" Aia said. Amara definitely agreed, as he gave the man a strong handshake. "Excuse me, for my master is mute. He is looking forward to working with you as well"

DookieMcGee DookieMcGee

Who brought me here? Forsaken, depraved and wrought with fear?

"It's almost as if you enjoy making our situation worse. We both know this is most likely just a trap." The voice spoke in Rui's head, a hint of suspicion coating her words. Rui could only roll his eyes and sigh. [color= #007FFF]"Well, it's not like you've got a better idea missy. Besides, even if it was a trap, I would totally get out of there. I managed to escape New York, rememb-"[/color] He didn't even get to hear himself finish his sentence as the A.I. spoke again, now sounding more annoyed with him. "You got out of New York because you had access to most security systems, which bought you time. But here? In the middle of nowhere? We're essentially defenseless."

Hmph. Rui pulled the scarf that had been hanging loosely around his neck a bit higher in some makeshift way at hiding his face. He was starting to wish he had packed himself more clothes before he had to make that big escape. The rain made him wish he'd brought an umbrella too. The drops of water hitting him again and again. It was going to take ages for his hair to dry now!

How much longer did he have to go? The burst of sounds coming from his tablet seemed to be the answer to that. He'd forgotten he'd left it on a constant sweep of the area, alerting him of any dangerous or otherwise noteworthy tech in the area. Not only had it picked up one item, it had picked up several. This was totally looking like a trap. He pulled the device from his bag, turning the screen on and was about to see just what he was dealing with when the screen abruptly went black. "You forgot to charge it. I warned you earlier about leaving it on." The voice was back, now sounding quite satisfied with itself. Jerk.

With a bit of guesswork and some luck, he'd found his destination. Along with it, were a rather strange group of people, all entering a nearby warehouse. [color= #007FFF]"Not a trap! Told you!"[/color] He proclaimed, raising a fist in the air with enthusiasm before eagerly rushing towards the group of people. It seemed any nervousness or paranoia he held just some time ago had washed away, giving in to the over-the-top excitement of a child. His sprinting coming to a halt as he stopped just a few feet short from the strange man in the black coat. "This your big meetup thing?"

"You've just met them, and you're already looking like a complete and utter fool. How unprofessional."

What appeared to be a young girl started bounding up to him through the rain. He didn't even bother looking at the sheet, they looked innocent enough.

"Yes, this way," he said. Not everyone showed, but it was almost time to meet up. Once everyone was inside, he picked up the lantern and stepped inside as well, sliding the door closed behind him, then placed it by the door and turned it off. He then pulled out his phone and turned on it's flashlight, sweeping the ground a few times before finding what looked like a smooth panel on the ground. After motioning for anyone standing by it to step aside, he walked up, knelt down, and traced a pattern on it with his free hand, surprisingly showing no sign of dust. It made a light sound before opening up and resting off to the side. Lights turned on off to the sides along the walls, revealing a ladder going down. He stood up to address the group.

"I'll go down first just to prove a point. Last one in close the hatch," he told everyone before making his descent. The ladder lead to a short hallway with a metal door at the end of it. He stood in front of it, waiting for the group to follow him.

Calista watched as the man who greeted everyone enter the warehouse last, shutting the doors. Extinguishing the lantern, it was dark for a moment before the man turned on a flashlight. Calista watched as he moved the light side the side, as if he was looking for something and then observed as he knelt down, tracing some pattern and eventually revealing a hatch of sorts.

The girl listened to his instructions, only nodding. For the first time since she had arrived, she spoke out loud

I'll go in last.

Its not like she didnt trust the people around her, but she just felt more comfortable going last. She didnt see why anyone would have a problem with that. Ida made a comment

The man in the blue shell armor. He knows I exist
What? How is that possible?
If someone has the right type of scanner, we show up as two people in the exact same place

Calista kept that knowledge in her head as she waited for everyone else to climb down the hatch

So the one wrapped in a trench coat was not Atlas, perhaps he should have expected as much. In this day and age it seemed you had to go through a screening process to buy even a pack of smokes. At least he wasn't about to sign up to work for some unorganized thrill gang.

The warehouse interior was dim and faintly smelt of oil, but at least it was dry. With his enhancements taking care of the former Jonathan found a place to stand near the man whom had been addressed as Alexander earlier. A quick once over revealed a pair of cyber limbs partially hidden by a high collard jacket, though John could tell there was more to the man. “Didn't think you could drum up this many patriots in Lynnhaven.” the short haired man noted with a bit of humor, recalling the message that he'd received while listening to the first inquiry about pay.

A few more people walked through the warehouse entrance, earning a scrutinizing look followed by a barely perceptible nod. Just when John began to wonder how many people would be gathering here the lantern bearer joined them inside the warehouse. Without much fanfare the man opened a passage which had escaped his notice thus far and beckoned them to follow. Around him John could make out the signs of hesitation and he'd be darned if following a stranger into a secret passage wasn't reason for doubt. Yet, his choice in the matter had been made upon trusting in the tip about his kill-switch. “In for an inch, in for a mile...” the former guard answered Calista's proclamation, shaking some lingering drops of water from his gear with a shrug and approaching the ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back