• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Watch [Dystopian/Mutant Hunters]

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

[You are members of a mutant-hunting organization in a post-apoc world. Except the world's been (half) rebuilt and now fascists are your boss. You have to watch what you say about the government, or bad things happen to you. You're still expected to do your job and follow your 'new directives'. RP would involve a military-like structure and missions.]

THE WATCH

The world wasn't the same after Ashfall, a supervolcanic eruption that shook the planet. Due to the mass starvation caused by the ensuing volcanic winter, it wasn't long before the Chemical Wars were waged by the few surviving nations as they squabbled over the resources that remained. It was a chaotic period of confused and senseless violence which resulted in the contamination of the land, and the rise of grotesque mutations in both people and wildlife. Many monstrosities were created in the form of deadly mutants that stalked the countryside.

In the Central Bloc, a group of strong-willed individuals banded together and decided that survivors should not have to live in squalor or fear. These
Watchmen became an elite organization dedicated to hunting dangerous mutants, and securing safe, free areas for humans to repopulate once again. Armed with only simple technologies such as sub-machine guns, high-powered rifles and hand grenades, the Watchmen were tasked with clearing out the most dangerous and persistent hives of mutants. As the government was slowly rebuilt, they acquired a reputation as heroes in the Central Bloc, and their ranks began to grow as their discipline and organization increased.

"Much still has to be done in order to safeguard the future of our race."
-Gavrin Beckwith, AuP Speaker

1575014216548.png

The duties of the Watch have been expanded under the Autumn Party (AuP), which recently arose as the new government after a short civil war in the Central Bloc. Though they remained neutral during the war, the Watch has since declared its loyalty to the AuP. As a reward, the Watchmen are being kept separate from the regular army and police.

More on their 'expanded duties', it seems that the creeping rot of mutation has slipped into the blood of otherwise 'normal' people, right under our eyes. In addition to hunting overtly hostile mutants, the Watch is now in charge of screening civilians for such discrepancies, and dealing with them accordingly...

Though humanity was decimated by these great apocalypses of the past, with the perseverance of the Watch, and guiding light of the Autumn Party, the human race can rise from the ashes and reclaim their dignity.

And if you disagree then we'll have you disappeared.
1575014377431.png

Perseverance, my countrymen. Autumn Prevail.

1575014286892.png
Watch officer in Distinctive Orange Greatcoat (DOG) uniform

1575014261032.png
Army soldier, Central Bloc

1575017990054.png
Policeman, Central Bloc

Last edited:
This sounds cool. You have my potential interest.

Whilst I can't commit to joining right now, I really do hope this takes off! Best of luck my dude! :D

Will start working on a thread when I get home, should have enough people to start. Others can still join though.

Last edited:
Thread's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back