• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The War To End All Wars

Panzer

Suffering
Our many colonies thrived in the world under the guidance of their faction. For many centuries they have enjoyed peace and prosperity. The ways of war had been long abandoned.

Then, Tensions finally set off, Sending the Galaxy under a brutal period of war and chaos.
On all fronts, our brothers and sisters fell in brutal ways. We massacred our citizens...

During this so called "Great war." , Much of the system was torn apart, leaving unsuitable husks where beautiful and peaceful planets once were. This only left two planets (or so we thought.).

After the war, the defeated factions were cut up into humiliatingly small territories to make way for the winners. The losses of war seemed too much for the depleted galaxy. As such, many civil wars broke out to claim independence.

Recently, we have discovered a new planet. It flourishes with life.

But from the casualty reports...they do not seem so friendly.

In this Depressing time for the Galaxy, many have given up hope.
Will your faction survive? or will you be amongst the millions who will perish?

images (3).jpg

In this RP, you will be able to create a small faction and lead it into combat to claim territory in this brutal world. Please do not make your Faction too overpowered or Advanced as it is set in a Dystopian fictional future with all kinds of species and intelligent life. Ground forces would be the main focus although Navies can still be used in combat.

These are the planets:

Diagna-
A Terra planet with a combination of deserts and forests, mainly occupied by IEL forces.- but also held by many other factions

Tibon-
An Alkarian planet rich with materials

Unknown planet-
Dangerous, not a starter place for factions.

it is advised that you have a header on your post that labels where the post takes place.
a forest planet with some asteroids

Good luck commander.

Attachments

• images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Poverty:
Even a walk down the street woupd reveal the horror of poverty and insurgency. Civilians often drop dead in the street with even their loved ones scavaging them for themselves. They too were starved.

Sturm was too tired to move. He hadn't refueled in weeks, and his joints screamed and creaked. he was slightly rusted, and his clothes were extremely dirty.

He couodn't afford new clothes or even something to eat, despite his originally well paying job.

he watched as a caravan of limbs slowly drove uo the street. After a closer look, it was conprised of dead bodies in a pile. They were cpeaning the streets of the deactivated.

How did things go so wrong?

Alliance Military Police
Diagna, Fulgar Region, Camp Pioneer
SgtMaj A.Ward
"Oi, Ward! Mind readin' any news outloud a' least?" A soldier called out to Arven as he sat by the side, reading the news from his tablet under the shade provided by the hanger. He glanced up at the mechanic who called out to him before tapping the news tab.

"Let's see... Ah, here's a good one! *Ehem* Following the speech by Admiral Bauduin, the Frontier Exploration Project is finally given the green light in the Alliance Meeting just 2 days ago. The Admiral hopes that this joint fleet of all Alliance Members will be a huge step towards a new dawn, not just for Atlus, but for humanity as a whole." Arven read out loud to those who were interested. A few mummers of agreement were heard as Arven scrolled down for more news. A rather funny article came up and with a smirk, Arven began to read it out.

"After the premiere of the Quasi-Historic film, Distant Sands, the film faced a massive drop in ratings. Despite the successful marketing campaign and sponsorship by the ARSDF, the film faced negative reviews. One such reviewer posted, 'The Kaisics were never that dumb and they managed to take down multiple Atlus tanks before we could even hope of destroying one of theirs!'." The review brought about a round of dark laughter among the soldiers. Arven himself found the review to be accurate having watched the film itself. Using leftover Cromwell soldier-bots to represent the Kaisics was rather disrespectful indeed. As the laughter quietened down, Arven continued reading.

"Another reviewer said this, 'The actress used to portray Lady Annaliese was good but her acting is horrible! She was much braver than the fragile flower the director casted her to be! Its a disgrace! How the film got ARSDF sponsorship is beyond me!'" That review got a round of whooping applause among the male soldiers present. Cpt Annaliese Bauduin became a celebrity of sorts following the Civil War. Her bravery and strength was an inspiration to the women among the ARSDF.

"Following the string of bad reviews, the movie ended showings a good month after its debut. The director declined to comment. Well, that's obvious. Dumb idiot wouldn't know good acting if it smacked him in the face!" Arven joked. He expected some approving replies but only heard silence before someone walked up to him. "Enjoying your break, Sgt?"

"Gah! C-Cpt Bauduin, Ma'am! Pardon my rudeness, Ma'am!" Arven quickly got to his feet and saluted the smiling, eye-patched officer that stood in-front of him. The Captain and her aide simply chuckled softly. "At ease, I'm only checking in on the troops. Everyone, enjoy your break! Carry on!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" The entire group responded, Arven included, giving one last salute before going back to whatever they were doing. As Cpt Bauduin and her aide walked away, Arven heard the beginning of their conversation. ("Am I... really that scary, Milly?" "Not to me, Lady Ann. I think its your eyepatch." "Urgh... I knew it... Even Charl-...) And so another day slowly passed by on the base.

Shiny:
As the droid began to think he was done for, a stranger began towards him. He wore an old uniform, and a insigna of the Death's Head battalion. It was an old guard.

The old droid approached the weak sturm with a saddened look. He held a bit of oil.
"Hey, is that yours?" He asked, pointing to the pistol of the Sturm. The weak sturm nodded silently.
"I'll trade you." The guard dropped the fuel can next to the weak droid. The droid handed him the gun. He didn't know why he wanted the gun, but he was too desperate to care. He finally had fuel!

The old guard took the gun and examined it. His sad look seemed to grow more somber and depressed.
"I'm sorry...Im so sorry." He whispered to himself. after a moment of silence, he took the pistol to his own head, and fired.

It was the end of him.

While the helpless sturm looked on in horror and shock. He had just shot himself.

Garret Miller
Federation Command Building
"I'm going to put emphasis on it this time officer, get it done. We need the mining plant for the materials to build our weapons. No materials, no weapons. Now rally your men and wait for my order" Garret instructed an officer to do. The remnants of the Republic depended on this mining plant. It fed their military powers, but not for much longer. The plant will be well defended, but the Federation's numbers will overwhelm them. He turned to his screen and opened a link to his one and only commander, Trevor Lucen, leader of the Federation.

Private Comm link to Lucen
"Sir, it is done. Our men will move on the plant at nightfall. If Officer Young fails this time, how should I punish him?"
Lucen spoke. "That is good, and if Young fails us again, bring him to me. I will deal with him accordingly. Lucen out".

Perry Lofree

Diagna Colony | Camp Pioneer
Mission: Refuel and Supply
A small detachment of ships from the first fleet made off to the Fulgar region. They were to pick up the supplies and transport them to Techton, where they would then distribute to civilians. They would cover a region weekly and keep order. It would be the first time Lofree would be commanding the supply run despite participating in such for quite some time.

He was sure the soldiers stationed on the droid planet were getting tired of seeing scrap metal walk by and dropping. The war certainly had done a number on the Kaisics, they definantly weren't the strongest player anymore.

"Alright lads, steady as they go. Notify Camp Pioneer, I hear they've got Captain Banduin down there," Lofree ordered.

It was a routine supply mission. Camp Pioneer was a major fueling depot and it was only to the amazement of the troops that a Banduin was there. Despite the previous fighting against them in the Great War, it would seem relations had been steadily improving, at least politically. Lofree had never met Banduin in person but had only heard good things. She was supposed to be a good soldier.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Garret Miller
Private office: Federation Command

Garret pulled out his phone and typed in a series of numbers. As the call commenced he waved a maintenance worker out of the room. "Hello father" Garret said as he heard someone answer. "It's about damn time you called" Jaxson replied in a deep, raspy voice. Garret smiled. "Happy to hear ya too. Just so you know I am commencing an attack on

Garret Miller
Private Office: Federation Command
Garret pulled out his phone and typed in a string of numbers as he waved a maintenance worker out of the room. "Hello father" Garret said as he heard someone pick up the phone. "It's about damn tine you call me" Jaxson replied in a deep, raspy voice. "I was going to call earlier but I had to deal with an officer failing his command. Also, I
am commencing an attack on New Oropus Mining Plant. Things are truly turning to our favor." Garret heard his father let out a sign before replying with
"Well done. If you capture that plant the Federation will become much more powerful. We have materials, we have strength. Jaxson out". The call ended. Garret continued to prepare for a speech a few minutes later.

Alliance Military Police
Air Traffic Control
"Got a message from the Lorrainian fleet. Seems like our guests are on time." A radio operator called out to the man in charge, an elderly officer named Oryn Stone. He made a quick check of the manifest and found that there was some awaiting cargo for them. Supplies for Techton, the Kaisic homeworld.

"Notify the refueling teams, I want everything done by the book. Jenkins, tell the ground crews to prep the RX Cargo for transfer. Ellen, tell our guests that landing is a go. We have to make sure everything is done as smoothly as possible!" Oryn ordered before going back to checking on the flight plans. So far, today is going to be a very quiet day. Other than the Lorrainian ships, there isn't much traffic coming to and fro the base. That was when the intercom beeped.

"Pioneer Tower."
"Have our guests arrived?" Oryn almost blanched at the voice. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "Yes, Milady. The fleet bound for Techton will be coming in within the hour."

Captain Bauduin's voice can be heard humming in thought on the other end of the line. Oryn felt nervous for some reason. He was only a civilian on contract, not a soldier so he simply put it as being his nerves acting up. That and he was speaking to the current CO of the entire base. In other words, his boss.

"If it doesn't trouble you, could you invite the Captain of their flagship over for tea? I'd like to discuss things with him while the refueling and cargo transfer is being done."
"Of course, Milady. I'll have the message sent at once."
"Thank you, Operator. Keep up the good work." With that, the call was over. Oryn rubbed his temples and then realized that his staff were either glancing or staring at him. Oryn coughed loudly.

"Back to work everyone! Ellen, send a message to their Captain. It seems our Lady of the Sands wants to discuss something with him." Oryn told the practically grinning comms officer. Oryn groaned slightly as he remembered back when he signed up for the job. They asked if he wanted to work with military personnel or civilians. He chose the latter as he thought that military personnel were too stiff.

Now he wished he picked the former.

H HeckingHeck

Shoot out.
Even though this had startled Sturm, he ended up returning to the same expression of sadness he had before. It wasn't uncommon for these things to happen, so they weren't much of a concern for him.

Kaisic troops began running down the alleyways, raising their weapons high in full alert. no-one knew why, but they knew what was going to happen.
They slowly stepped past he dilapidated metal buildings almost as silent as the breaths themselves.

Then, after a moment of silence: Gunshots came from the top floor. They were rebel snipers, taking pot shots at Lorrianian troops from far off. Many of the Kaisic droids took cover from the shots, despite them heading in a completely other direction. The crackling of the shots seemed enough to scare them.

"Shit! stay down!"
With the shots off, the Kaisic soldiers reloaded their weaponry to prepare for entry. They would have to clear this building soon, or risk destruction from lorainian military might.
H HeckingHeck

Perry Lofree

The fleet made their steady decline to Camp Pioneer. Everything seemed to be in order. Although the mission ahead would seem to be harsh and painstaking, it would be fit that he soldiers would be in a good mood. The crew members were informed if Captain Banduin, after her movie (a huge hit in Lorraine), many died for a glimpse of the hero.

"Sir, we've been cleared for landing the STS'" the comms officer replied, "The Camp wants you down their however, to meet the 'Lady of the sand'"

This was unexpected. It was a routine mission after all, nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps news of the Alkarian Civil war or from Techton. Both were hellscapes the Alliance dared not intervene for the time being.

"Tell them I shall come in a transport. It shouldn't be too much trouble," Lofree insisted.

The comms officer nodded. Of courses the first officer would take command as the Admiral made his slow decent to the Hangar. A transport was always at the ready to be launched at a moment's notice. Due to circumstances, it would seem all the transports were at the ready. The supply run was about to get interesting.

@Wandering Grim Hallow

Lorraine FOB Fellujah

Techton- Hostile Sector
The gunshots came from nowhere. Many of the troops were caught off guard only to be alerted in a game of cards. The Ace of Spades seemed to be the unlucky player. A sudden shouting from the officer signaled men to take cover and try to locate the snipers. A typical day often involved gunshots and small skirmishes though snipers fired into the camp was a uncertain fear. Many soldiers have heard of it happening although rare, many of the Kaisics didn't have Technological capabilities to be effective not since the Great War.

The FOB, defended by a small band of 300 men, being only a security FOB, was routinely set to move out into the city and clear the snipers. Lorraine's own snipers, wearing the seal of the alliance, came atop their towers. Killing wasn't their priority, they had to find the rebels first.

A sudden shriek from the courtyard broke the loud but monotonous commands from their officers. It would seem a bullet found its mark. Medics soon rushed to drag the man out of the way. Small bands of troops moved into APCs while the rest of the base scrambled for cover. It wasn't pure chaos however the troops were definantly off guard.

Panzer Panzer

Last edited:
Televised Broadcast of Garret Miller's Speech at Torus City
Garret stepped onto the stage in front of the Federation Command Building in Torus City. He readied his mic and made sure his vest was on. He tapped the mic a few times to test it, and then began to speak.

"This goes out to whoever wishes to hear, primarily the citizens of the Republic. Come to us. Come to those who are trying to preserve Alkaran way, not sell it away like the Republic. We wish to keep the burning, beautiful, vibrant, and strong Alkaran spirit alive. The Republic want's to snuff the flames of Alkaran spirit so we don't speak out against them, but they are not going to. As leader of the Federation's Armed Forces and second in command of the entire Federation, I promise you -" Garret was saying before a gunshot rang through the crowd. His eyes locked onto the shooter who had shot him in the chest. Garret lifted a handgun and fired three rounds into his assailants chest. He knew that vest would come to be useful. "Do you see people!? They are trying to kill off the true Alkaran way! Unfortunately for the Republic, a true Alkaran comes prepared! Now, do you wish to serve an unprepared government or a prepared one!?" Garret stopped for a moment to raise his hands and the crowd cheered. He then continued. "That is what I thought! I promise you, citizens of the Federation and Republic, I, no we will bring an end to the Republic! NOW, ARE YOU WITH ME!?" Garret said as the crowd cheered immensely. The crowd was so loud it shook the stage. "Thank you" he said before stepping off the platform and back into the building.

Emperor's Office

Alkarian Broadcast
The broadcast was unsettling to say the least. How the speaker survived the shot was likely the working of some sort of protection. What was odd was that the speaker seemed to continue so calmly after killing the man. It would seem rebels have no show of security.

It would seem that the broadcast would be the topic of debate in Parliament. Intervention may be possible although it would mean being involved in a conflict that did not concern them. People wouldn't be happy. Refugees would be porting in from Alkar should fighting be more intense.

The Emperor Celis Gadigan would need to contemplate with their Atlus counterpart. Since the Great War, a conflict of this scale would not be tolerated and instead, avoided at all cost. Alkar was a sanctioned site under the Lorraine Intelligence Bereau and kept quiet amongst the executives. For now, Lorraine shall remain neutral. Atlus would need to be consulted about the matter, whether to engage the Federation or not would decide the outcome.

Raku Raku Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Alliance Military Police
Cpt Annaliese 'Ann' Bauduin
"Captain, the Lorrainian Captain will be arriving shortly. Also the refueling and cargo transfers should be starting soon." 2Lt Milly Ardent reported as Ann typed away on the computer. After finishing a detailed report to be sent to ARSDF HQ, she sighed and leaned back on her chair. Milly quickly went to pour a fresh cup of tea before offering it to Ann. She greatfully accepted the tea with a word of thanks before taking a careful sip of the scalding amber liquid.

"You should take a break, Milady. Its not good for you. Remember the last time you were a CO here?" Milly gently reminded her. Ann simply smiled at the mentiom of that time, things were reletively simple back then. Atlus has a non-aggression treaty with thet Kaisic, her brother was captured by the UTA, and there was a looming invasion on the horizon. Simple indeed.

"I do Milly. I do indeed..." Ann simply said as she waited in silence for their guest to arrive.

Space, The Frontier
Alliance Archbishop-class Cruiser, Euclid III
Admiral Daniel Bauduin
"This is matter of utmost importance, Admiral. I request your return immediately so that the Council may discuss this furthur." The Crown Prince ordered. The once naive and playful teen had matured into a dignified and mature young man, a far cry of the sniveling coward during the Civil War. Fitting for a person in-charge of a sprawling Principality. As for Daniel, he was busy weighing his options although the answer was simple. Not even a war hero may defy the Prince's orders; even if he did save his life.

"Understood, your majesty. I shall make preperations for my return immediately." Daniel replied with a polite bow. The Crown Prince nodded at Daniel's reply before sighing.

"Thank you Daniel... At least you aren't as hard to handle as the Shepard brothers..." The Crown Prince groaned as Daniel laughed.

"They will listen. They have their Father's love for space but they understand that their duty is to you first and foremost."

"I hope so, Daniel... I hope so." With that, the transmission was cut and Daniel turned to look out the window at the planet that loomed far away. A barely noticable blue dot in the distance. A potential new home for the Alliance.

"Set a course for the Olympus System... And send a message to Alliance HQ, we might have found a needle in a haystack...."

H HeckingHeck

A few more shots rang out from the building. from the loud klangy pop that they gave off, it was evident that it was an old Carbin from the old Guard. It appeared to be another Mad veteren, one who could not accept the state of the empire they once fought valiantly for.

With every shot, the New Policetrupp droids became more and more worried for the consequences of this outbreak. If they didn't defuse the situation, the lorianians would most likely crush them.

Once they readied at the door, problems began to open up. The first bot through the already crooked and weak door met with a bullet to the face. He collapsed backwards onto his back. The two other bots became scared and decided to retreat. They dropped their guns and ran from the scene.

Only three bots remained, Who were now panicked and frightened. Yet, to finally cease the attack, they charged into the room with their machinengewehr 39 sub machineguns. They began to spray wildly into the dark and dusty room, unloading an entire clip (40) into the darkness.

They stepped out of the room, feeling acconplished in their job. They assumed that the hostile bot was shot in the encounter, but they couldn't see it well.
-----------

The last two remaining bots approached the area where they last saw the veteren fire, making sure everything had been okay.
"Hallo?" one of them said.
"Ist everyzing okay? ve saw a few rounds head in zis direction."
(sry for low quality post but im on mobile and im in a bit of a rush once again ....)
H HeckingHeck

Garret Miller: Private Office
As night began to fall on Tibon, Garret ordered the attack to commence. In the cover of night, the Federation forces would catch the security detail off guard. It would be an easy victory. "Sir, the attack has commenced. Forces are moving on location now." an officer said over comms. Garret smiled at the news. "Good. They Republic wont now what hit them" Garret said enthusiastically. He turned to the TV in his office and turned it on. He switched to a channel showing a rerun on the speech. As it played the part where he had shot, Garret chuckled. "Wonder how the rest of the galaxy liked that part" he said before turning back to his desk, waiting for another communication to come in.

Perry Lofree

Currently: Meeting CO
The fleet of small transports made their descent into the atmosphere and eventually onto the camp. Pioneer was certainly a beautiful place, be it surrounded by sand. Facilities were state of the art, courtesy to the help of Lorraine.

Lofree's shuttle landed towards the front near the main faculty buildings. He supposed he ought to get off the ship and find their CO. He didn't know how to feel, he was of seniority in rank compared to Banduin yet it was her who was the war hero. The Shuttle door slowly opened as Lofree took his step onto the camp.

Camp Fellujah
Mission: Secure and Contain
Two APCs headed in the direction of the shots. Each one carried ten people not including the driver and gunner. The troops back at the camp heard more shots run out however most were in cover by then. In the time it took for the APCs to head out (approximately 6 minutes due to confusion), two people were wounded in total, one dead. It was one too many.

The first defences were prepared and ready to strike in case the Kaisics rallied a full fighting force. The APCs still kept moving through the city, taking back roads to avoid traffick. What startled some of the soldiers however was the sudden burst of gunfire. It no longer sounded like a sniper and more of a gun fight by then.

The troops remained silent and hoped for the best.

Lorraine-Alliance Communications Center
It was a relatively quiet day at the office. It was the same reports over and over again, constant skirmishes against Kaisic Droids, nationalistic feelings in Alkar and one worrying war that may be brewing. The civilians working at the embassy hadn't expected communications from his Majesty Daniel Banduin himself.

"Ah shit... Shit it's Banduin!" A communications officer said excitedly.

"Which one? Theirs more 'n one you know," the other officer seemed just as excited. Ever since the film, the Banduin were a hot topic.

"His Majesty Daniel sir!" The officer almost shouted.

The intelligence and communications lead nearly sputtered and coughed up his drink. The embassy hadn't heard from Daniel in a while. Only ambassadors ever came.

"Redirect to Emperor's office.. gotta be important political business..." The intelligence lead said begrudgingly. It was known that the man was obsessed over the Banduins. They were of celebrity status on Cleron.

The other officers only nodded reluctantly, a man of such power rarely contacted the Embassy. Nonetheless, comms were redirected directly to the Emperor's officer, just at the peak of work.

"This is the Emperor of Lorraine, it is a pleasure to speak with you, Daniel Banduin," were the emperor's first words of the day.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Panzer Panzer Raku Raku

Last edited:
Kaisic First Platoon
Unnamed Bot.
As the other bot began to drag away the fallen veteran, It was my mission to make sure everything was alright. Command would kill me if they found out about this. The Diplomatic relations with Lorain (I.E. the only faction who seemed nice enough to help us) were worsening by the second. Yet it was completely out of their control. There was no way they could fight this battle without them.

So, with a heavy heart, I walked towards the Lorainian soldiers. I kept myself at a slow pace and holstered my rifle on my back. I didn't want to spook them, let alone threaten them.
"Excuse me? Is everything okay? We saw shots heading in this direction." I asked them, announcing it to them in hopes of getting an answer. Hopefully they didn't want to pummel this city to the ground after that incident...Hopefully.

H HeckingHeck

Lorraine Officer
The markings on the soldier's shoulder indicated he was an officer, likely a captain. The soldiers in the APCs hastily unloaded off the vehicle. Dark blue shaded markings on their helmets indicated they were a peacekeeping task force as were most of the soldiers. They could certainly hold their own in a firefighter however never had formal training in a war. Peacekeepers were just as the name implies. Of course, a mix of common soldiers were their too, a great shoulder blade indicated their status as a fully trained and equipped soldier. The officer heard the droid's words.

"Dunno whether we're 'ok' or not" the officer started, "We saw shooting coming from here... What's the situation?"

Most of the soldiers were in position around the militarized building to keep the crowds back. Few had plasma shields to protect the group. Nonetheless, guns seemed sufficient to keep them at Bay. Who knew when the rebels would strike next.

Panzer Panzer

Alliance Military Police
SgtMaj A.Ward
"Cpt Lofree, I presume? Welcome to Camp Pioneer, sir." Arven saluted the Lorrainian officer as he stepped down the shuttle ramp. Behind him is a flurry of activity as refueling shuttles took off into space with the improved Zeta Mk.II escorts, trucks brought in the supplies due for techton, and Polybolos mecha patroled the sector of the base.

"If you would just get into the jeep so we may be on our way, Sir. It seems the CO has some matters she'd like to discuss with you." Arven professionally said, opening the door for the Captain and waiting for him to get in. The jeep makes sense as the actual admin building is a good 10 or so kilometers away from the shuttle refueling and resupply points. And with good reason. Between starship grade fuel, ammunition, and other sensitive equipment, its a good sense to have the admin and barracks a good distance away.

That and the fact that there is an Archbishop-class cruiser being maintained a kilometer or so away gives away the base's main purpose as a starship depot.

Space, Somewhere between the Frontier and the Olympus System
Alliance Archbishop-Class Cruiser, Euclid III
Admiral Daniel Bauduin
"Well... This is a surprise, your Majesty." Daniel respectfully bowed when his call was redirected to the Emperor of Lorraine itself. An honor, no doubt due to the the surprising popularity of that damned movie, which few Atlusians get to have. Other than the Crown Prince himself of course.

"I was simply reporting my findings of a potential colony world for the Alliance, your Grace. But since you are on the line, to what do I owe this honor?" Daniel politely asked. He was getting used to talking to royalty so its something like breathing to him now. And he hated it. One wrong word or joke and its over. If not for the burn scars over his right eye, it would have been twitching with slight irritation.

At himself, of course.

H HeckingHeck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back