• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The War of Monsterkind

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Emperor Of Embers

The Red Kaiser of Flame
Monsters and Humans have lived together in harmony for ages, but when crime involving monsters as the perpetrators, and mistreatment and racism arose, the humans began to fear for their safety. They hunted down any monster they saw, either killing them on the spot, or locking them up. Now a group of resistance fighters known as the Phoenix Circle, has formed to once again bring unity to both sides, and bring peace and harmony back to the world. There will be hardships, but peace will come.

Westmen High School

Coach Harvey Astor breathed in and out slowly as he looked around his surroundings. The last thing he remembered before everything went black was the sound of explosions. Looking around, he saw that he was surrounded by pieces of concrete and a few destroyed bleachers. That when he realized, the damn school had collapsed on top of him. He immediately pressed his hands against the rubble that was trapping him and tried to push it, but it wouldn't move. " God-dammit!", Harvey said to himself as he tried to move the rubble. He then gave up and let out a sigh as he though to himself," Guess i am gonna be stuck here awhile." His eyes suddenly widened as he suddenly let out a gasp and though to himself," Oh God, I hope everyone else is okay. I gotta get out of here, now!"

Harvey continued to struggle in the cramped space he was trapped in, trying to find a way out when he suddenly felt something cold and metallic in his pocket. After a bit of a struggle into his pockets, which resulted in a few cuts on his hand, he managed to pull out his whistle. Harvey grinned as he thought to himself," Thank God I always carry this thing around. Now maybe i can attract some help and get myself out of here." Harvey then proceeded to blow into his gym whistle. It sounded loud and very shrill and could be heard up to a 1000 ft. No doubt someone would hear this and come to investigate. But, one thing Harvey didn't think about is who would hear it, or, more accurately, what would hear it.

After hearing a sound of a building collapsing, Lilith, AKA Hellgirl, went to investigate. She saw that the building was collapsed and went in to investigate further, moving rubble around as she heard a whistle being blown. "The hell? There is actually a survivor? Mind as well dig them out and send them on their way." She said as she followed the loud whistle, until she came upon a human man, surrounded by rubble. "Humans... So cute and tough, but very dumb." she said as she put Samaritan in its holster, and began to move the rubble off of him, and picked him up bridal style. "Y'know. Had you not blown that whistle, I would have never found you. Now, let's get you out." She said as she began to maneuver her way back to the entrance.

A demonic chuckle was then heard, a masculine one at that. She stopped, and stared off, and listened. She heard another chuckle, and sighed. "Demons... Shame I am partially one of 'em. However.... I have a soft spot for humans. And not in a murderous way." Killerclown Killerclown

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
Harvey had passed out after the third or fifth blow, consigning himself to death when he suddenly felt himself bring lifted up. He then heard a female voice talking to him, saying, "Y'know. Had you not blown that whistle, I would have never found you. Now, let's get you out." Richard then felt himself being moved again, this time probably towards the exit of the school. He then opened his eyes to see who rescued him, only for them to widen when he saw that he was being carried by a demonic woman. He immediately started to shake in fear as he though to himself," Oh God, she is gonna kill me or worse. I gotta get out of here." suddenly, he heard a masculine chuckle, which sounded very sinister, almost demonic. The last thing he heard before his panic took over was the woman saying demons. He then started to struggle in her grasp, letting out panicked heavy breathing as he did. No doubt, this woman was gonna hand her over to her demonic buddies." He then managed to slip free, only to face plant on the ground, breaking his nose in the process. He then looked up at the woman, blood running down his face and said with fear in his voice" P-please don't hurt me. I never did anything to you!"

Harvey had passed out after the third or fifth blow, consigning himself to death when he suddenly felt himself bring lifted up. He then heard a female voice talking to him, saying, "Y'know. Had you not blown that whistle, I would have never found you. Now, let's get you out." Richard then felt himself being moved again, this time probably towards the exit of the school. He then opened his eyes to see who rescued him, only for them to widen when he saw that he was being carried by a demonic woman. He immediately started to shake in fear as he though to himself," Oh God, she is gonna kill me or worse. I gotta get out of here." suddenly, he heard a masculine chuckle, which sounded very sinister, almost demonic. The last thing he heard before his panic took over was the woman saying demons. He then started to struggle in her grasp, letting out panicked heavy breathing as he did. No doubt, this woman was gonna hand her over to her demonic buddies." He then managed to slip free, only to face plant on the ground, breaking his nose in the process. He then looked up at the woman, blood running down his face and said with fear in his voice" P-please don't hurt me. I never did anything to you!"
"Look pal, I am not that heartless. I rescued you, so why would I want to hand you over to an enemy?" She said as she sat him down next to a wall, the chuckling evolving into giggling. "Stay there, Don't wanna find you dead before I can get you out of this deathtrap." She said as she grabbed out Samaritan, and got ready, the giggling getting closer. "Where are you, you little-" She was then tackled by an Imp, which clawed at her. Lilith quickly slugged him in the face with her massive stone hand. "Where's your mommy? Did you get lost on the way to hell?" She said mockingly as the full grown imp launched a fireball at her, with her not even being fazed by it. "And I just got this new jacket too!" She said as she ripped the jacket off, smoldering and burned. The imp charged, and recieved a bullet to the head, the holy water within the bullet finishing the job. She then turned to Harvey, and holstered her weapon. "You alright, big baby?" Killerclown Killerclown

Harvey watched in amazement as the woman killed the Imp. As he watched, he though to himself," She- she is protecting me?! Why?" He then stiffened up as the woman turned to him and asked if he was okay, insulting him in the process. If he wasn't so scared, he would've been offended and yelled a insult back. He then nodded and said to her in a hushed voice," Yes. Thank you."

Harvey watched in amazement as the woman killed the Imp. As he watched, he though to himself," She- she is protecting me?! Why?" He then stiffened up as the woman turned to him and asked if he was okay, insulting him in the process. If he wasn't so scared, he would've been offended and yelled a insult back. He then nodded and said to her in a hushed voice," Yes. Thank you."
"Alright, let's get you out, you may have to call an ambulance to take you to a hospital.... Not many people like seeing my around anymore, not like the good old days." Lilith said as she picked him up, and walked to the entrance, and opened the door. She sighed as she sat him down on a bench, and stood in front of him. "You got a phone? Or you wanna use mine?" She asked the man as she sat next to him, but leaving some space. "Name's Lilith.... But they call me Hellgirl." She said as she looked at him, she acted as if getting attacked was an everyday thing, which it was. Killerclown Killerclown

Within the sewer base, Timothy had been leaned back into a chair. He was reading a book, having been surprised by the whole mood of the area. It was quiet for once, or at least externally. In his mind, Monev was chatting up a storm. -Hey! Why are all the characters waving sticks around? Couldn’t they just start brawling instead of making those sticks sparkle. Monev’s inability to understand books has always been a good source of entertainment, or at least now that he can actually read the words. It took him a few extra years to actually figure out the whole concept of reading.

Timothy suddenly became aware of the numb feeling behind his left shoulder blade. Monev’s head crept out and peered around the room. “It’s not very loud in here right now is it?” “Nope,” Timothy replied, not even looking up. Monev’s head bobbed around as if thinking for a moment. “I think we could use some noise in here. HE—!” He stopped short by Timothy closing the book and slamming it into Monev’s face. “Speak again and I’m dragging us over to the dog park after this meeting.” Grumbling, Monev slunk back under Timothy’s skin, causing the numbness to disappear shortly after. Timothy picked up the book and continued to read.

Rocky was working out with very heavy weights, out lifting the other monsters by a considerable amount. "Man, You really are ripped! I can't even lift that much!" "me neither! What's your secret?" other monsters gathered around him, and formed a crowd. Once he was done, he took a deep breath. "We brachydios have a thing for massive muscle. We are fighters, and we gotta have the muscle to back up our punches." He said as he wiped the sweat off his brow, and walked out of the gym room. He passed by a room that Timothy and Monev were in. He then knocked on the door. "The leech botherin' you again? And here I thought you two were buddies." He said jokingly. Wonderblue Wonderblue Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Spice Spice The Darkling The Darkling animegirl20 animegirl20 Killerclown Killerclown

"Alright, let's get you out, you may have to call an ambulance to take you to a hospital.... Not many people like seeing my around anymore, not like the good old days." Lilith said as she picked him up, and walked to the entrance, and opened the door. She sighed as she sat him down on a bench, and stood in front of him. "You got a phone? Or you wanna use mine?" She asked the man as she sat next to him, but leaving some space. "Name's Lilith.... But they call me Hellgirl." She said as she looked at him, she acted as if getting attacked was an everyday thing, which it was. Killerclown Killerclown
Harvey looked at the woman, whose name he now new was Lilith and said to her, in a more confident voice," 'Fraid my phone broke when the school collapsed on me. Can i use yours?" He then said to her," My name's Harvey, Harvey Astor. But, my students called me "General Astor". He then chuckled to himself as he said to her," You'd get it if you saw one of my lessons."

Last edited:
Wren as usual was out for a run early in the morning when it was still dark enough to jog through the nearby forests undetected. She hated being interrupted during her runs and right now with tensions as high as they were she preferred to just do it alone and away from judging eyes, but despite everything else she always enjoyed the early morning mist against her skin and the way her breath came out in clouds as she ran. It also helped that the border of the forest wasnt too far from how she got into the base.
Everyone had to be awake by now, the darkness giving way to the sunlight as the day started and the warmth spreading through the city. She got down into the sewers, her long wavy hair up in a ponytail just for the sake of keeping it out of her eyes and her hooves making a soft clop sound with every step she took. When Wren found the main entrance she opened it up and walked inside being greeted almost immediately by someone else.

"Hello! Yes my run was just fine..oh my shorts? I know right? Not very often I find a pair that works with the fur huh?"

She chuckled as she came into the same room as Timothy and Rocky smiling as usual as she went over to a small mini fridge and grabbed a cold water. When she stood back up she downed it in just second.

"AH!..Well seems you two are having fun as usual"

Her bright welcoming eyes beamed as she watched the two, her tail swaying from side to side before resting gently on the ground.

Spice Spice Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Wren as usual was out for a run early in the morning when it was still dark enough to jog through the nearby forests undetected. She hated being interrupted during her runs and right now with tensions as high as they were she preferred to just do it alone and away from judging eyes, but despite everything else she always enjoyed the early morning mist against her skin and the way her breath came out in clouds as she ran. It also helped that the border of the forest wasnt too far from how she got into the base.
Everyone had to be awake by now, the darkness giving way to the sunlight as the day started and the warmth spreading through the city. She got down into the sewers, her long wavy hair up in a ponytail just for the sake of keeping it out of her eyes and her hooves making a soft clop sound with every step she took. When Wren found the main entrance she opened it up and walked inside being greeted almost immediately by someone else.

"Hello! Yes my run was just fine..oh my shorts? I know right? Not very often I find a pair that works with the fur huh?"

She chuckled as she came into the same room as Timothy and Rocky smiling as usual as she went over to a small mini fridge and grabbed a cold water. When she stood back up she downed it in just second.

"AH!..Well seems you two are having fun as usual"

Her bright welcoming eyes beamed as she watched the two, her tail swaying from side to side before resting gently on the ground.

Spice Spice Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
"That's one way of putting it." Rocky cracked his knuckles. The massive beast may come off as intimidating at first, but as time goes on, he softens up, especially towards Timothy and Wren. "I see you got some new shorts as well. They look good." He said with a smile, that is hiding something deep inside. "I still need to get Ruby back.... But I need a plan... Maybe the others can help."

Harvey looked at the woman, whose name he now new was Lilith and said to her, in a more confident voice," 'Fraid my phone broke when the school collapsed on me. Can i use yours?" He then said to her," My name's Harvey, Harvey Astor. But, my students called me "General Astor". He then chuckled to himself as he said to her," You'd get it if you saw one of my lessons."
"Sure, just let me.... Crap..." She said as she pulled out her phone, only to find it dead. "These things never hold a charge as well as thunder elementals, I swear these batteries are older than me!" She exclaimed out of frustration as she put her phone back in her pocket, and looked at Harvey. "General? You must have been one hardcore teacher to earn that name. They call me Hellgirl because... Well.... I'm only half demon. 80 years ago I was summoned here by some jackasses who wanted me for evil, until a nice old man of the Allies took me in."

Wren went as sat down in a spot near Timothy and eyed him as she knew Monev was probably giving him shit again. She turned her attention to Rocky once again with a grin on her face.

"Oh you noticed huh? Trust me it was worth the search for these babies, now no one has to worry about me walking around naked"

She laughed and stretched her arms a bit, her body turning slightly. When she relaxed again her abs were prominent and sculpted from all the work she had done the past year. Rocky may have been one of the strongest but they had their wars against one another in the gym which was always fun for her.

"You alright there Rocky? Your making that face you make sometimes..is something up?"

"I wouldn't complain if you did. It would be a nice view." Rocky joked as he then looked ar Wren, with concern in her eyes. "I..... I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it....." He looked away, and rubbed his face. He could not bring up the courage to tell them what was wrong, and his guilt was eating him alive. "DADDY!!!!" was all he heard in his head the day the humans took Ruby away from him, he was broken, physically and mentally. Rocky sighed, and shook his head.
Wonderblue Wonderblue Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Spice Spice The Darkling The Darkling animegirl20 animegirl20 Killerclown Killerclown

Timothy looked up as Rocky entered the room. He closed his book as to seem more interested in the conversation before standing up. Just as he was about to speak, the numbness returned and Monev appeared again, wrapping the tendril over Timothy’s mouth. “I know right! Honestly, sometimes I wonder how we’re still together!” Monev continued jokingly as Timothy struggled to pull off the slimy mass. “I mean just look at him, always messing around and su-” He cut off with a sudden yelp, and quickly dispersed. Timothy wiped his lip, which dripped with a grey liquid.

“He really hates being bit,” Timothy said bluntly, then answered Rocky for himself, ignoring Monev’s complaints about the bite. “He’s always bothering me,” He confessed, “-but I’ve found my own ways to keep him controlled, for the most part.” After that, Wren had appeared in the doorway, sporting a new pair of shorts. He let her and Rocky speak for a short bit while blocking out Monev’s comments. He only butted in when Rocky let out a sigh. “You sure you’re alright?”

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Darkling The Darkling

Today was one of the few days where a certain pale face was staying around. The Necromancer known as Elias was a sort of odd man out when it came to monsters and humans. She had a complexion that scared humans; while monsters weren't impressed by her sort of latent power. The vermilion eyes of this youthful Necromancer were watching a wisp of energy that was manifesting before her. An echoing yap followed as from this wisp became a quadriplegic, ethereal canine that went darting across the room. Despite phasing through most objects, it was still able to trip over its own huge feet and fall to the ground once before scrambling back up and returning to his best friend. Elias had urgently called him back, trying to keep this adorable ball of energy in a calmer state. She really didn't need him to begin harassing the others again, or for him to beg for food he was unable to consume. The accelerated breathing of Wren was very exciting for a living puppy, so for a dead one- it was near irresistible. He was being so good, sitting next to the only slightly broken chair Elias was in.

That expression Rocky had was one that the most haunted ghosts wore. It was one of loss, sorrow, and misery. It was knowing that something you cared for had been ripped away, and there was no way to get it back. Elias took a note of that. Something was definitely bugging him, but if he said he didn't want to talk about it- she'd leave it be until it became more pressing that she knew. The Necromancer returned her attention to Bravery, and made a soft command- in result he did a cute little turn and was praised for it with a happy voice and gentle hand. Touching Ghosts was somewhat of a challenge, for they had to allow it. If they wanted to, they could sit there all day without contact. Though with a certain degree of trust... Ghosts felt like touching snow.

Frustration took hold, he growled and looked at the others with worry. He wanted to tell them, but he did not know how they would react. "No.... I am not. Everyday, ever since my little girl got taken from me.... Guilt has been eating me alive. My little Ruby.... Taken by the humans, by her own kind...." He said as he clenched his fists, and tried to hold back tears. "I didn't want to tell you... Because I was afraid to ask for help.... I thought I could make a plan to get her back, but nothing comes to mind." the expression of defeat loomed over him. For the first time in his life, he did not feel any determination on this subject, but felt broken down, defenseless. Killerclown Killerclown animegirl20 animegirl20 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Spice Spice The Darkling The Darkling Wonderblue Wonderblue

"That's one way of putting it." Rocky cracked his knuckles. The massive beast may come off as intimidating at first, but as time goes on, he softens up, especially towards Timothy and Wren. "I see you got some new shorts as well. They look good." He said with a smile, that is hiding something deep inside. "I still need to get Ruby back.... But I need a plan... Maybe the others can help."

"Sure, just let me.... Crap..." She said as she pulled out her phone, only to find it dead. "These things never hold a charge as well as thunder elementals, I swear these batteries are older than me!" She exclaimed out of frustration as she put her phone back in her pocket, and looked at Harvey. "General? You must have been one hardcore teacher to earn that name. They call me Hellgirl because... Well.... I'm only half demon. 80 years ago I was summoned here by some jackasses who wanted me for evil, until a nice old man of the Allies took me in."
Harvey let out a good natured chuckle when he heard that comment from Lilith. It was true, he was infamous for using military style drills in his gym classes, hence the nick-name General Astor. He then raised a brow when he heard about Lilith past. He then said to her, " Your around 80 years old? You look younger that that. No offense. You must have some interesting stories to tell then."

It was another beautiful day and Iris sleeping soundly out under the warm sun on the soft grass with her head resting on her soft tail like a pillow. She loved taking naps under the sun it was probably the most relaxing thing ever in her eyes. Luckily she never really saw people or creatures come by here so she's been staying here a recently normally creatures like her never stay in the same place but she really liked this spot. She was deep in the forest in a beautiful grass area surrounded by trees and a sparkly clear blue lake in the middle of it. She continues to sleep soundly with out a care in the world she probably look for something to eat when she got up.

Waking up in the cold of an alleyway, Teddy slowly stood and let out a loud yawn, letting his four legs and stretch out. After a few moments, he began looking around, perking up to every little sound around him. strange... He slowly turned to the road beside the ally where am I? He stood still as he tried to remember his actions last night, only for his train of thought to be broken with a loud sneeze. He shook his head side to side rapidly as he pawed a bit at his nose as if he was forcing another sneeze down. After a short moment, he stopped and looked around once again before making his way out of the ally.

He took his time before walking out into the open, looking both ways for anything of concern. Only when he knew it was safe did he walk out and down the sidewalk, heading toward the nearest sewer entryway to head back down to safety.

Timothy watched as another two entered the room: Elias and her ghostly dog. Get us away from that canine abomination. Monev showed his clear disgust of Bravery, even though there wasn’t much the dog could do to him. Calm down, you whiny child. Says you! You can barely keep a conversation going! Timothy didn’t respond, knowing well it was true. He had lost all sense of confidence he had previously. Trying to block out Monev again, he focused back on Elias, who also noticed that something was up with Rocky.

All of their suspicions were correct when Rocky opened up to them. Timothy eyes widened as he explained his dilemma concerning his daughter, Rose. She was captured by humans... and Timothy was one too. He couldn’t help but feel shame for what had happened despite Monev’s angry ranting of how “Tim isn’t human”, and how he’s “just a host”, and the likewise. Timothy, seeing as how everyone is yet to respond, stepped forward tentatively while looking at his own feet. “I’m so... I’m sorry for... what happened.” Taking a deep breath, Timothy summoned what courage he had and looked up at Rocky. “Is there anything that we c-can do to help?”

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Darkling The Darkling Wonderblue Wonderblue Killerclown Killerclown Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 animegirl20 animegirl20

Harvey let out a good natured chuckle when he heard that comment from Lilith. It was true, he was infamous for using military style drills in his gym classes, hence the nick-name General Astor. He then raised a brow when he heard about Lilith past. He then said to her, " Your around 80 years old? You look younger that that. No offense. You must have some interesting stories to tell then."
"I'll take it as a compliment. Afterall, I reached physical maturity at around 14, so yeah. I mature faster, but age slower, crazy, eh?" She said with a smile as she set her massive stone hand on his shoulder. "You're alright. Maybe you can show a kid a thing or two about discipline and such." She joked as she chuckled.

Rocky shook his head. "I need help in finding a way to break into that prison she is kept in..... I need to find her before they turn her into a bloody mess in front of everyone....." He thought about what he had just said. It hurt him more than he was willing to show, with the humans willing to murder a young child of their own kind, just to instill fear in everyone, making them even more fearful of monsterkind. "And I.... I can't do this alone.... Not without everyone."
Killerclown Killerclown animegirl20 animegirl20 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Spice Spice . The Darkling The Darkling Wonderblue Wonderblue Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Ariana had kept quiet since the time she joined here. Held herself back and stuck to the shadows. She was scared none of this would work out at all but... today she decided to step up a little. She’s been planing to try and help more and today just so happened to line up perfectly. Being there towards the back of the room listening to the conversation. When someone spoke about needing help from everyone Ariana took a deep breath and spoke. “I-I can help with getting her out.” She said loud enough to get everyone’s attention. To help them distinguish who said it Ariana stepped forward with a hesitant look. “Y-you need someone to get in there without being seen right?” She asked them in a hesitantly curious tone.
Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Killerclown Killerclown animegirl20 animegirl20 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7
Spice Spice The Darkling The Darkling Wonderblue Wonderblue

Harvey let out another chuckle when he heard Lilth's joke. He had completley lost all fear of this woman, she was a decent person. He was about to ask her another question when he heard a voice yell," Filthy collaberator!"

Harvey looked up in surprise and saw a man in a white t-shirt and cargo shorts scowling at him furiously.

"I ought to report you to the police!"
Harvey got up from the bench, face completley red. He then went to the man and shoved him while yelling in the same voice he used with slacker students," Who are you calling a collaberator you filthy scumbucket!? I'm just talking to her!" The man immediatley shoved back. Almost immediatley, the arguement devolved into a shoving match with the two men yelling insults at each other. Suddenly, the man punched Harvey in the face, knocking him down. The man then proceded to kick Harvey in the ribs rapidly. In the distance, police sirens could be heard, no doubt they were coming to investigate the fight.

Harvey let out another chuckle when he heard Lilth's joke. He had completley lost all fear of this woman, she was a decent person. He was about to ask her another question when he heard a voice yell," Filthy collaberator!"

Harvey looked up in surprise and saw a man in a white t-shirt and cargo shorts scowling at him furiously.

"I ought to report you to the police!"
Harvey got up from the bench, face completley red. He then went to the man and shoved him while yelling in the same voice he used with slacker students," Who are you calling a collaberator you filthy scumbucket!? I'm just talking to her!" The man immediatley shoved back. Almost immediatley, the arguement devolved into a shoving match with the two men yelling insults at each other. Suddenly, the man punched Harvey in the face, knocking him down. The man then proceded to kick Harvey in the ribs rapidly. In the distance, police sirens could be heard, no doubt they were coming to investigate the fight.

Espen had begun his journey about a month ago, hiking through the woods in his current Spirit Bear form. His late master had passed due to his old age, leaving Espen to seek a new master just as the condition of his curse stated.

The bear had nearly reached the end of the cliffs overlooking the town where it was known man and monster dwelled together. Thinking this to be a most interesting opportunity, Espen began to make his way into the city.

To the creature's surprise, he found that his spirit bear appearance didn't draw all the attention he previously assumed it would and he seems quite satisfied with his findings.

Soon hearing the police sirens wailing and the sound of a nearby scuffle and argument between two men, Espen quickly became curious, keeping his distance as he arrived at the scene where the two argued and shoved one another.

Attachments

• 20181125_102605.jpg
    20181125_102605.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back