• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The War between City Walls (An Open-world Superhero role play) IC

SomeFakeUsername911

You've been am-bushed!
The War between City Walls
Interest Check/OOC | CS

SF2.jpg
The city of Innovalle is one of wonders. A beautiful island megapolis, located off the coast of a nonspecific United State, with a population of 8 million people. It severs as a major trading port, tourist destination, and, most importantly, a place of innovation. New technology and inventions have come from Innovalle, which is why it's such a major trading port and tourist destination in the first place.

However, Innovalle holds something special that not a lot of places have; superhumans. Superhumans are like ordinary people, but with special powers. There are four types of superhuman; heroes, sidekicks, vigilantes, and villains.

Heroes and sidekicks go around the city, stopping criminals, villains, and even mutated monsters (another "great" invention of Innovalle). They are registered to fight under the law and they even have their own HQ.
amazing-glass-building-wallpaper-6415.jpg

In the center of downtown is the Innovalle Hero Center, a place where registered heroes and sidekicks come and go. The Center is filled with labs, training rooms, beds, and a hospital all for heroes and sidekicks.

Of course, not all superhuman are registered under the law. These are known as vigilantes and villains. Vigilantes fight for good intentions, but are not part of the law. They have free will, until they are caught. Villains, on the other hand, are completely dangerous. Most villains would pull off terrorist attacks, steal important cargo, and be as evil as possible. These are what heroes, sidekicks, and vigilantes fight. They fight villains to keep the streets of Innovalle safe.

Synopsis

This is an open-world, superhero role play. You can basically do whatever you want in the city; make factions, fight other people's characters, or even start up a coffee shop. This role play is character-driven. The main plot is through the character interactions, while events are going on. Then, after a while, a main plot will emerge after we introduce all the characters.

Roleplay Start

The time is 9:00 at night on a Friday. The Innovalle Hero Center is closing for the night. Many people are out and about, while others are planning of going to bed. It will rain in 37 minutes. Do as you please.

This roleplay was inspired by the roleplay Heroes and Villains by B BlueClover and D duegxybus . This is a continuation/soft reboot of that roleplay in my version of events. Please support the original creators, since most of this roleplay was inspired by their brilliant ideas.

From the roleplay Heroes and Villains by B BlueClover and D duegxybus :
D duegxybus B BlueClover Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian @Drippi the gunsmith Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Theflamre Theflamre Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Moonshadow Moonshadow @YoungX Aliaas Aliaas MooseOnTheLoose MooseOnTheLoose Dawnblade Dawnblade Eldritch Being Eldritch Being Foundry Foundry elfattack elfattack Killerclown Killerclown wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta The Chronicler The Chronicler
New comers:
Ghost Toast Ghost Toast Ms MistyEye Ms MistyEye SimpleGuy SimpleGuy The Comet The Comet @The Endergod Spacing Out Spacing Out Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers Diamond655 Diamond655

Last edited:
Evangeline worked at a freaking coffee shop. That was because of SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911 giving her the idea. It was a good idea, dealing with annoying customers all day and getting yelled at for her choice of clothing by 'Peggy' the one who thought she was the queen of the shop. Welcome to "Joy's Coffee Dream", home of the best Caramel Marshmallow hot chocolate. The coffee was pretty good, but Evan was glad when the day was over... She didn't get free coffee either... Why did she work there? Working papers, and she was happy to work (Even if Peggy sucked)

So when the day was over she headed to the train station to hang out for a while. Her hat scared some children, but that was okay. She hummed a bit to herself and waited for something to happen. This took the form of a scream as Evan quickly shot up. Her hat fell off slightly and she quickly fixed it with the little strap she'd installed. It looked like a bike helmet now.

Evan ran to the tracks and jumped into the path of a train before anyone knew what was going on. Within a moment she was back on the platform holding a young boy who had fallen off and into the way of the train. Evan reacted fast enough to make it to him before the train hit him, perks of having super speed. "Hey-hey-hey! You alright sweetie?" She asked him. He screamed and smacked her. "I WAN MOMMY!" The boy shrieked and wiggled out of the shocked girl's grasp to his mother. Even stared at a post for a long time while someone tried to talk to her.

"Uh... Sorry!" She smiled at the mother, standing back and rubbing her head as she realized she'd tuned out everything. "I was a bit distracted!" She chimed nervously and the mother laughed. "Oh! Thank god! I wanted to ask your name? Y-You saved my baby's life!" Evan grinned and rubbed her neck again. "It's, uh, Flicker! It was no problem really, he's a good kid?" That was a bit more of a confused question that a comment... "He's trouble... I'm sorry he did that, h-he was nervous! You know, you should sign up with the heroes! You'd do so well!" The mother chimed and frantically shook Evan's hand. "Oh, uh, I'm already in there in a way." The young side kick didn't try to pull her hand back, but the discomfort was clear on her face. The mother grinned and let go, giving Evan a salute. "Then I plan on seeing you soon! Thank you again Flicker!" She cried and picked up the child who was giving Evan the creeps with his demonic stare. "Stay safe!" Flicker called and quickly ducked out of the area to avoid the cell phone photos... With her luck, it'd be somewhere and she'd get in trouble with HQ for not having her mask on.

Oh well... Evan resumed sitting in the station, just another area. She watched the people go by, most on their phones, but this time paying much attention to people close to the tracks. "Bad day for accidents..." She mumbled as she thought about the several different car crashes and fires... Also the burn from the machine that Kevin got at work. It really wasn't a good day. Even simply unbuckled her hat and lay back on the crappy seat.
(Open)

Yany Mits

Innovalle Hero Center
Yany put on his coat, grabbed his backpack, and began to walk out of the building. He had to hurry home. He heard it was going to rain soon. As he walked out, he looked at the glass structure behind. The one in Havaera was better, thought Yany. Yany frowned and remembered what happened back there, on that dark night. Kinda like this one.

Yany heard thunder in the distance. He had to leave. Yany began to walk down the street, towards his room.

(Open for interaction)

The calm before the storm

Meanwhile underground in the sewer systems, about 20 men are walking around planting C4 bombs. If these bombs were to be detonated, thousands of dollars in collateral damage would be made along with the occasional injury and even death of some people. Meanwhile, a couple of other criminals on a sewer opening were planning for a bank robbery, discussing the plans on where to enter and where to rendezvous for the money pickup. meanwhile, a skipping man could be heard with an insane cackle, planting bombs one by one.

Time to detonation: 15 minutes

(Closed for interaction for now, just a heads up for an attack later on)

Hareet Stinger

Harper's Apartment
Hareet cooked his latest dish; bacon and scrambled eggs. Hareet didn't care that it was 9 at night. He wanted breakfast now. Hareet put the food on his plate and went over to his table. As he took his first bite, he was surprised. It didn't taste like garbage, unlike the first seven times. Hareet continued to eat when he realized something was missing. Hareet looked over at his fridge, opened the door, and took out his favorite beverage; Brisk Lemonade; all with his mind. As the Brisk Lemonade arrived on the table, Hareet began to drink it. Still delicious as every.

After his metal, Hareet sat down and read a book titled How God Winks at You. Hareet didn't believe in religion, so the book had become a comedy for him. As he read, he began to think deep thoughts. Last night at the subway. Those armoured men placing the bomb. I killed all of them. It was the right thing to do...right? Listen, don't catch yourself in a corner. Those men were evil. How else would you deal with them? I guess you're right, but what if the world sees it differently?

Thunder was heard from the apartment. Hareet got up from his chair and looked out the window. It was a beautiful night. The buildings were all lit up. Hareet drank his lemonade and finished it. He wanted to get another can from the fridge but discovered he ran out. Plus, he need more groceries.

Hareet decided to head to the store. Not by taking the sidewalk of course. Hareet left his apartment and walked up the stairs to the roof. On the roof, he used his telekinesis to boost his jump from one rooftop to another, while yelling, "Woooohh!" Nightstinger has awoken...to get groceries.

Michael punches a punching bag vigorously, training at the Silver Gym. Another day of training, another day working towards becoming the hero he promised himself he'd become. He'd get an odd glance from others every now and then - he supposes, it's something to be expected when one has a robotic arm. Some of them recognize him as the son of Warren Ronnin - at least, he assumes. He'd rather they didn't, but he supposes, he can't stop them.

Before he even realizes it, he punches a hole through the thing.

In a few minutes, he has to fork over 100 bucks to replace the bag, before being asked to leave. He supposes, he'll have to find another gym. He would be less concerned if he wasn't suspecting he's starting to build a reputation from breaking things.

Watch-Tower
Green (Antonín Sedláček)
Cute But Deadly (Leslie Brooke)
There was a time of patrolling, and now was a good time. Nighttime patrolling was always the best. Especially because Leslie had lots of fun telling Antonín absolutely everything that she did over the course of the day. From the rooftop they were situated on, Antonín was busy preparing several patrol rifles and camera rigs that would allow him to see the world much better than he already could.

Leslie sighed and lay on the flat surface of the concrete, chuckling madly.
"...So guess what! I'm totally going to Mira's party tonight! It'll be after the HQ tells us to go to bed, but of course I don't sleep! I mean, last time I went there they had the best stuff! There were pretzels, y'know? And cocaine. And Queen playing in the background."

Antonín grunted and tapped Leslie on the shoulder. "Listen. I don't know why purple haired partners are a thing, but they don't always have to tell stories about their day when I'm busy. Got it? Who do you think I am? Your dad? Forget it, kid. I don't approve of your habits, regardless."

"Jeez, you didn't have to get so personal." Leslie pouted and rolled over on the rooftop, pouting again at Antonín before pulling out her phone. All she could afford was a cheap phone with a touch screen and not much else, but it got the job done. Plus, it was durable enough to withstand a lot of damage, even though it was just a phone. She extended her forearm at a 45 degree angle and opened the front camera, turning it to Antonín and herself before pursing her lips and clicking a selfie. The flash from the camera was enough to make Antonín drop a few bullets on the ground. "What the hell. Did you just take a selfie?"

"Sure did! I look cute, don't I?"
"What will happen if I say no?"
"I'll bodyslam you."

At this, Antonín stopped talking. Even though Leslie was a small girl, he didn't doubt her ability to bench press her if it came down to it. Combat came with condition, and Leslie had a lot of conditioning. At that point, the two heard thunder rumbling in the background.

"It's going to rain, isn't it?"

"Concerned your hair will get wet?"
"No, I'm not one of those girls. I couldn't care less about getting wet. I love getting wet. In fact, I'd love getting wet right about now-"
"Stop talking about getting wet. It's weird."
"I knew you'd say something."

OPEN FOR INTERACTION

Farrawa Nanewell
Quiet's Assassin
As the Freighter soldiers waited on the roof, Quiet's Assassin rocket-packed over and landed. General Nane was startled. "William didn't say you were going to be here."

"William said that you were unable to do such a task," said Quiet, in a dark, muffled voice. Quiet positioned his sniper rifle on the edge of the building. "That's why I exist."

Farrawa wanted to stand up for himself. "I am the general here," he exclaimed. "No one is more highly trained then my men." Farrawa felt a bit embarrassed of himself. He hoped he didn't screw this up.

As the limo passed down below, Quiet pulled the trigger. He knew he hit the governor when people started to scream. "Perfect shot," he said to himself. Quiet got up and looked at Farrawa. "I'm also here to report to you that two heroes are sitting on a nearby watchtower. William said to eliminate them."

Farrawa was confused. "I thought Virus was our next target," he replied.

"Change of plans." Quiet then hopped off the rooftop and began to rocket-pack away. The general looked at his men, which some were his friends.

"Don't take it personal," one solider said to Farrawa. "William hates all of us. He sees us as tools."

Farrawa looked at the watch tower. "Then we'll prove to him we're not," Farrawa said as he pulled out his communicator. "I need helicopter assistance, over." Farrawa looked over at his men. "Squad A, take the nearby rooftops. Squad B, go up the building. Squad C, you're going into a helicopter with me. Got it?" Farrawa was relieved that his instructing was over. It was nerve-wracking.

Quiet sat on a nearby rooftop. He saw the Helicopter pick up the tools as it approached the watchtower. A perfect distraction.

D duegxybus

Jacob "Geode" Gomez
Jacob Gomez sat calmly on the glossy surface of his office floor. Positioned on the 45th floor of Pike tower, the room was utterly incredible. The aforementioned floor was made of black marble, flecked with hints of white which made merely looking down as awe inspiring as staring into the cosmos itself. The room itself protruded from the building, allowing three of the four walls to be made of reinforced glass. The room had spartan furnishings, although each seemed more ornate than the last. A colossal book case stood along the remaining wall, curving around the door frame and holding seemingly limitless volumes. All of this was at some point Jacob's father's. All a physical reminder of Jacob's role in his death. All a sign from the Earth that he had to do better.

Mr Pike's theory of a single, all encompassing deity was no longer a theory to Jacob. His powers had proven it. He now fully believed in the Earth as his god, and sought to complete it's bidding. Although there was an issue with such commitment. No instruction came. Even sitting there now, behind his desk, cross legged on the shimmering floor looking out across the city, he heard nothing. Yet still he listened. Jacob meditated calmly waiting for any sound or sign from the Earth to act, to right the many wrongs of the world. Jacob waited and listened, and if the Earth spoke, Geode would answer.

Watch-Tower II
Green
CBD
Green heard the sound of helicopters in the background and swung his large rifle to face the propellers of one of them. "Wind speed requires two clicks to the left. On its mark. Fire." Green clicked the trigger, sending a loud crack resonating through the skyline. A large bullet flew forwards and impacted a helicopter's main rotor.

Meanwhile, CBD turned to the stairs. Clearly there were Freighters coming up the stairs, and that there was something worth fighting for. As the freighters approached, CBD immediately leapt into action. She jumped over one soldier, grabbed him by the neck, and flipped him into two others. Immediately, they opened fire on her. Bullets grazed her arms, but somehow she kept going. Dashing and ducking between Freighters, CBD incapacitated them.

Unfortunately, Green was too focused on helicopters.
"God damnit." He clicked the trigger again, sending another loud crack through the skyline as he fired at the helicopters.

By the time CBD was through with the Freighters, she was breathing heavily, practically gasping for breath. She had never taken out so many in so few movements. She was practically swaying in place, unable to react to anything that would be heading her way. She almost collapsed, too.
"Green...I just wanted to say...it was a pleasure working with you."
"Another click. Damn right it was." Green smirked as he fired another round at the helicopters. The sound of more footsteps filled the silence after the gunshot. CBD sighed. She had no way of fighting, and nowhere to run. She slowly raised her fists in a sloppy stance.

SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911

The Death of Two Heroes

Farrawa Nanewell
Quiet's Assassin

The Watchtower
As Farrawa stood in the helicopter, he watched as Green destroyed one helicopter. Soon, one of his friends was firing a mini gun at him. That friend was shot and fell off the helicopter and onto the streets below. "Noo!" Farrawa screamed in the helicopter, his pain present in his voice. He was furious. Farrawa lifted up his special gun, turned it to the lighting setting, and fired it at the piece of machinery.

Meanwhile, more Freighters came up the stairs. One held CBD by the neck. "Why aren't you a pretty girl? You'll be-" The Freighter and the girl was shot. As Quiet stood up, he watched his victims fall flat on the roof. Quiet had killed a hero. He smiled.

Farrawa kept firing the lighting at him. Soon, Green's machinery was overheated. Green's heart stopped beating as he fell flat. Farrawa stopped firing. He looked at the mess he made.

The helicopter landed on the roof. Soon, the Freighters began scavenging the area. Farrawa looked over at Green's body and was startled when Quiet spoke. "You actually killed one," he said. "I'm impressed." Quiet then jumped off the rooftop and into a nearby alleyway, where he disappeared into the shadows.

D duegxybus

Tonight it was getting dark. Elpis heard the thunder from far away, but who cared? Just a little storm. Nothing to worry about. No problems there... Only Loro was afraid of thunder. Dang, Elpis loved that dog. He wasn't terribly big, just a tri colored Australian shepherd. His personality was what Elpis fell in love with. Loro loved anything and everything. He was always hyper and had a thirst for life. Sometimes she took him to meet kids, since she knew he wouldn't do anything to them. He was safely in her room now, probably under a blanket and cuddling his toy duck.

Elpis had been just happily hanging out of her new favorite roof who Nightstinger went by. "Dude what the hell wait for me!" She shouted and grabbed his foot at the last moment to bring him down. Why was she on the roof? It was a rooftop patio and she'd gotten invited to stay up there because she lived in the same building... And it was open to residents. "HEY!" She shouted at him, still holding his leg. "Where are you going? Take me with you, bro!"
SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911

my_dark_veins_by_zeekpunk-d2zyyab_Fotor.jpg
Levi sat hunched over a desk, furiously typing at an inhuman speed. He was coding a virus, his specialty, speaking a language known only to machines and the few who dared to learn it. The green codes flashed onto the black screen illuminating Levi's sickly pale skin. The boy's right eye was twitching in anticipation of the panic that this one would cause. The storm would only enhance the fear and havoc.

Why was Levi doing this? Simple: he was angry. He was angry with himself, and had nothing to take it out on but himself, and the city's power grid. Levi sat back reading through the code, and smirked to himself. His right hand came up to the two loose wires hanging out of the exposed patch of his neck. He began to twirl the devices in his fingers, occasionally jerking his head to the side, uncontrollably.

Finally, after ensuring nothing would go wrong, Levi reached his hands out to the screen, his black eyes glowing a sickly green, as he felt the flow of energy from the main power supply in the city. Levi followed that flow of energy, and sent his virus to it. In moments the virus spread, and before anyone could blink, the city was plunged into darkness. The only places still alight were hospitals, and other places with a back up generator, including his own hide out.

Levi pulled up his various battery powered surveillance footage, and sat back to watch the chaos unfold.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911

Attachments

• my_dark_veins_by_zeekpunk-d2zyyab_Fotor.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 1
As Michael walks, he looks at his watch, on his organic arm. 9 PM or so, according to his watch - he should get home. He'll worry about finding another gym in the morning, he supposes. As he walks, he looks back at his robotic arm; it's still covered in the sand that once filled the punching bag he had broken. He swipes it off his hand as he takes a turn, towards the train station. He doesn't have a car, so this is his only option for getting home.

Entering the station, Michael sits in one of the chairs, next to a girl - seemingly young; can't be older than 15, if he had to guess. Wearing an odd purple hat with a strap that, upon a quick glance around the room, multiple people seem to be staring at.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Arnold sat alone in his main base, a small underwater base under the Innovalle. A puff of smoke came from his cigar as he sat alone in his office. He was currently reading a book. It was business as usual for today until the lights immediately went off

They came back online suddenly with his base's backup generator. He soon turned back to the city to see it in complete darkness. He soon heard his phone ring and picked it up. It was one of his men who said "Sir! The whole cities gone dark!". Arnold responded back saying "Yes, I'm not dumb, I can tell. Any idea where it came from?". The man answered back "No idea sir, we're still trying to figure it out,". Arnold nodded and said "Get to it then, and contact our demolitions expect. Tell them to begin blowing up the buildings. Today, we should them the Hatcherson mob as come to town,". He then hanged up his phone and all of a sudden, three buildings blew up simultaneously, with over 10 other buildings having bombs in them with their timers activated and every one of them had a message: "The King of the Cartles has arrived"
(Open)

Nightstinger and Elpis

Hareet Stinger

A Rooftop
As Hareet jumped from one building to another, he came across one with a young women on it. The young women then grabbed his leg and asked him where he was going. Hareet used telekinesis to lift the women off his leg and left her floating in the air. "I was going to get groceries," Hareet said, a bit crossed. "Where is that important to you?"

Hareet lowered the women on the ground. Then Hareet found himself bragging. "I mean," Hareet said, boastful. "I don't need more paparazzi following me."

Around the same she responded, the power went out and multiple buildings collapsed. Hareet looked around. "Well, I guess lemonade will have to wait."

Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers
Ghost Toast Ghost Toast

Elpis quickly stood and frantically adjusted her armor. "I hope that power is registered, or you'll be in big trouble..." She turned and looked at the city with a deep frown as the crashing sounds of buildings were heard. This was a planned attack. "Do yourself a favor and register." She called to him before running inside the apartment. All she needed was her armor (Which was only on the extremities) and she was running out the door towards the scene. She grabbed her radio and called into it. "HQ, the powers been taken down, presumably by an attack. It seems to be cover for a terrorist attack. Requesting units sent downtown."

The damage was major, and Elpis quickly began trying to uncover anyone trapped. With her strength, she moved large pieces of rubble out of the way to discover the people underneath. "Stay back! There is still danger! Please leave the area!" Most listened, but a few idiots took videoes for social media. For the moment, Aleka would have to ignore them and work. Within about three minutes she'd already found two bodies, one barely alive the other clearly gone. The emergency crews had shown up, so she quickly brought the bodies to them. It continued like that with her quickly bringing bodies live and gone to the crews. Hopefully the others would come soon. And this was only one building! What could the others be like?
SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911 The Comet The Comet Ms MistyEye Ms MistyEye Theflamre Theflamre

Evan's head shot up as she gripped the radio that had spewed out a report. Everything was dark down there, but people had started using their phones for light. "Everyone please evacuate this area! It is far too dangerous to be down here in the dark. Your trains will not be coming tonight, please move up the stairs, uh... Please?" In the light of the few phones, something reflected... What was that? It almost looked metal, but it was in the shape of an arm! Too solid to be a normal prosthetic limb... There was something else. Flicker shot over to the person and began dragging them up the stairs. The people down here would have to help each other. There was not a third rail right now, and no trains, so they should be fine. Since this was an emergency, she used her powers to drag this man up the stairs.

"Uh, sorry to drag you up here like this, but do you have any strength in that arm? We really need help right now, even if you aren't recruited with us. Can you come with me?" Flicker asked rapidly, shifting her weight and scooting a bit towards the street. "If not, help the people? I've got to go try and help catch someone..."
Diamond655 Diamond655

Their Next Target

Farrawa Nanewell

The Watchtower
One of the solider opened a soda can and drank it. "Isn't this a nice view?" He said. Farrawa couldn't agree more. It was such a shame that they'll have to destroy this place soon. The man with the soda can was Steve.

Farrawa's other friends were there; Frank, Jack, George, and Peter. All six of the group sat on the Watchtower, looking at the beautiful, lit city. Of course, they weren't the only one there. There were hundred of other men, waiting for orders.

"General Nane, what do we do?"

Farrawa got up and looked at the solider. "We scav-"

All of a sudden, the power went off and some buildings were destroyed. Farrawa knew exactly what this does was. "It's Virus," he replied. "That'll be our next target."

"But we don't know where he is, sir!" Jack replied.

"Then, I guess we'll search the entire city," Farrawa said, sounding almost confident.

Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers

Michael looks at the kid, a bit surprised. So, she's a hero? And she wants him to come with her? He doesn't feel he has much choice - especially since she's either a hero, or working with them. He looks around the street. There are some people on the street - most of them seem more confused than anything at the sudden power outage. But he's not worried about them - he doesn't really assume them to be in much danger. But he could be wrong - after all, this was kind of out-of-nowhere.

"I'll help you in any way I can," he finally responds, cracking the knuckles on his organic hand.

Vivienne Volkov
Thud. Went the cup hitting the countertop, fingers still curled around it's rim. A small chuckle and wandering eyes followed after, analysing the premises. It wasn't the amount of people she expected but it was still enough to call it a busy night. Vi's ears were floated with small chitchats and rock bands from the 80s. "Can I get some more please?" She asked the gentleman behind the counter.

"Sure thing. But I have to say, I never seen anyone drink as much as you."

"I'll take that as a compliment." She smirked whilst he grabbed the Coffee Carafe from behind him to pour more into her mug.

Vivienne was trying to get over some things in her life. drugs were one of them. And how did she attempt to conquer them? With multiple cups of coffee and every desert on the menu.

She had to admit it wasn't going to be an easy task to get over her addiction. Though, She wouldn't name it as an addiction to drugs. It was more of an addiction to escape reality. Being off of her usual Cocaine, Marijuana, and spirit beverages made reality wash over her like a raging sea with few chances to breathe. But here she was with three nicotine patches under her left sleeve and a pie placed inside her mouth.

"So are you new here?" He asked out of curiousity.

"Not quite, I've been here for a couple of months. Wanted a fresh start...Recently got my foot on the ground with a career."

"And what's that?"

"Photography." She left it with that one word but it was more than that. Innovalle was one of places that were said to never Sleeps. But, it sure sleeps around. That's where she came in. Clients hire her to find dirt and she would uncover it with her trusty camera, which shouldn't surprise them, but it does. Then it falls under the usual routine. She shows them the pictures, elaborate on her findings. Her clients, knowing that it's real, have two options. Either -do something about it or - keep denying it, shoot the messenger, and tells her she's ruining their already shitty lives. Either way, dollar bills still lands in her backpockets. It wasn't the job that she would've imagined. However, It would her expertise to good use.

Suddenly, The installed lights that illuminated the diner vanished, leaving gasps and flashlights from people's phones in it's place. Not long after loud booms ringed into her ears, shifting the soft gasps to screams.

"Great." She mumbled sarcastically. Vi then dug into her pockets and placed a countertop. "Keep the change for you uh... Trouble." With that she hastiedly exited the building along with the other customers storming out in a state of panic. Her body was shoved as she eyed the one of the buildings that were up in flames. Vi knew that the heroes couldn't handle the situation on their on, therefore Gallantry seemed to be in order.

Levi watched the outcome of his little prank in a panic. He never meant to hurt anyone! "Oh, No!" He mumbled, his eye twitching in panic, and his hands flailing at his sides. "Oh, No! Oh, No! Oh, No! Oh, No! Oh, No! Oh, N-" Levi slammed his head against his desk to snap him out of his repetitive stammer.

He franticly began trying to retrieve and cancel his virus, but with the grid shut down he was unable to do so. "T-This was not supposed to happen! Not like this!" He yelled to himself, "I'm a horrible person... I've got-got-got-" Levi slapped himself on the head. "Got to stop this!"

He thought about his options, and the only solution he could come up with was to go to the main power source himself. Levi got up and walked towards the door, hand outstretched. He was almost there before he chickened out and ran back to his desk. "Nope!"

Levi growled and began to hit the sides on his head with both of his hands. "I'm going outside," He chanted as he got up and walked towards the door. "I'm going outside." He was halfway there. "I'm going outside." Just a few more steps. "I'm going outside." His arm reached for the door knob. "I'm going outside." He twisted the knob....

"NO!" He screeched, retreating back into the confines of his home and prison. He couldn't do it. Not after what happened last time. "T-There has to be another way," He mumbled as he began trying to find anything hackable he could get into. He finally found it in the form of a hero's radio. He quickly latched onto it's frequency, and called out to the only person on the outside he could get ahold of.

He watched the hero on his monitors, and hoped she'd listen to him, despite her busy job saving people. "E-Excuse me? Hello-Hello-He-"Levi hit himself again to stop the repetitive words, and his head twitched to the side. "P-Please! You have to listen to me! I-I-I can fix the power!"

Flicker didn't pause after that moment, taking off with Michael in tow. She kept him moving by grabbing his organic hand and dragging him while she ran. Not pleasant for him as he was most likely getting slapped full force in the face by wind as she ran. It wasn't full speed as she'd liked to go, but she wasn't as strong as this guy seemed to be. "We've got to catch someone! The others will probably be helping, so-so I guess we run and try and find the villains? We need to be quiet I think... We should try and find the group responsible for it?" She almost asked, trying to be assertive, but she was only a side kick.

She let go of Michael's hand and began looking around for anything. A few people were streaming somewhere, and they had been hard to spot... That was probably where they needed to be. Flicker held a finger to her lips to shush him and lightly followed the Freighter workers.
Diamond655 Diamond655

Aleka nearly dropped the woman she was carrying at the moment when the young voice came on her radio. She did let out a small yelp and quickly hand off the woman to emergency crews. "How did you get into this line, kid? This isn't a joke, this is a real emergency." She responded into the radio as she ducked back into the burning remains to try and find more people.

Smoke was thick, and Aleka coughed for a moment before resuming her work of try to get to everyone. Right now there was no time to recover the dead bodies, only time to try and save the living. She assumed Levi was playing a prank and would simply leave, but could he have been serious? He did sound upset... But Aleka knew some good actors... If he explained some more maybe she'd listen.
Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers (Wow actually having to tag you feels weird XD)

Levi groaned as the hero he contacted accused him of being a prankster... Well, he was, but not right then. Levi grabbed onto the loose wires in his neck, nervously tugging them to and fro, twirling them between his fingers. "L-Listen to me!" He said, his oddly germanic, and transatlantic accent shining through. "I am the one k-known as Virus! I killed the power, but I didn't blow anything up! Someone's taking my work and screwing it up-up-up-up-" Levi's head twitched to the side, and he almost ripped the wires out of his neck. The glitch hit him hard, and he fell to the floor, swaying slightly as he sat back up, his repetitive stuttering stopping for now.

"Listen to me! I-I need someone to take a small device to the main-main power grid, so I can fix this mess! I just don't want anyone else to be hurt-hurt-hurt-" Levi slapped himself, the hit easily heard over the connection. "C-Can you help me!?"
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed (I know what you mean...)

Jacob "Geode" Gomez
The sun had begun to set, leaving the city before him as the only light source in Jacob's office. The ambient glow of the city lights washed over his serene face. in his state of zen, Jacob could just about hear the faint sound of city life far down below. The only other sounds was his controlled breathing as air slowly entered and left his body. He sought wisdom, some sort of guidance from the Earth. What he got was a scream.

All of a sudden the dull glow that was filtered through Jacob's eyelids disappeared, replaced with absolute darkness. Jacob only had the time to open his eyes and look upon the dark city for a moment before it was illuminated by a brilliant orange. Great flames danced from the base of a tower in the distance, crawling up it's sides and seemingly dragging it to the ground. Jacob shot to his feet, launching himself across the room to his desk, flipping a secret panel underneath. The top rotated around revealing his basic, yet intimidating costume. As he dressed he thought about who could be responsible behind the attack. Inevitably someone who benefited from the city's destruction, perhaps someone looking to lure out heroes. If that was there intention they would destroy the most spectacular and prestigious buildings in the city. As Jacob pulled on his mask, the final element of his costume he was hit by a sudden realisation. Pike tower was one of the tallest buildings in the city, a hallmark of ingenuity and a symbol of innovation and hope for the city.

"To kill a snake, you must cut of it's head..." Jacob whispered to himself, the words finally leaving his lips before a shock wave shook the building. The marble beneath him cracked and the windows shook as the floor itself began to tilt on it's axis. Jacob ran to the window, sliding across the now tilted floor, and looked downwards to see that Pike tower had indeed been a target. A wild cloud of dusk billowed below them, illuminated by orange fire. The building groaned beneath him and with a sudden snap, it began to crumble. Jacob was suddenly in free fall, the building disintegrating around him as debris struck him, splinters of his one magnificent desk digging into his flesh like shrapnel.

Pain filled Jacob's senses as he fell and in that moment he reached out to the earth, and the earth responded. Jacob felt his body fill with power, his pain recede and gravity lost it's hold. The building continued to crumble but the rubble bounced off Jacob as it fell around him. The dark night was illuminated by a brilliant green glow as Jacob broke through the falling tower, floating above as Pike tower lay shattered beneath him. No longer Jacob, Geode floated for a moment longer before dive bombing to the rubble below him/ He knew the building was mostly empty, other than a few security guards on the lower levels. Geode landed with force, sending up a cloud of dust around him. Throwing his hands out, Geode closed his eyes, sensing the dust itself was concrete, a perfect source of silicon. With a deep inhale, Geode brought his hands together as the large dust cloud around him flew together to form a swarm of quarts crystals. Each crystal was no larger than a penny but within the swarm there was thousands. Opening his eyes, geode threw his hands forward, sending the crystals between every nook and cranny between the rubble before him and embedding themselves in the rock. Once each crystal was in place, Geode let out an audible groan as he raised the rubble immediately around him. The quarts lifted the rocks into the air, revealing several crumpled bodies between the wreckage. Very few had survived but those that had, Geode lifted to safety, one hand holding the rubble aloft whilst the second lifted the survivors upon beds of quarts. Once those alive were safely clear of the carnage, Geode began retrieving the bodies of those not so lucky, even they deserved their dignity. By the time he was finished with his labours he had burnt through around 80% of his energy levels. With a sigh of relief he allowed the rubble to fall to the ground one more, the quarts shimmering among the billowing dust. Whilst he had performed his duties as a hero admirably to the victims beneath Pike Tower, he would not be able to repeat his actions any time soon. No, this needed to be cut off at the source.

Emergency crews began to arrive as Geode turned from the gathering crowds and launched himself into the night, still glowing an eerie green. Flying through the city at breakneck speeds it didn't take him long to arrive at the next building. He continued to float thirty or so feet above the rubble below, glad to see that the other heroes had jumped into action. Aleka was already on the scene, ferrying the injured as best as she could. Geode landed beside her, desperate for some insight.
"Aleka! Where are these explosions coming from?" He boomed, his words almost drowned out by the horrendous noise. Despite the urgency in his voice, he noticed she was paying avid attention to her radio, she seemed to have barely noticed him.

Nightstinger and Metal

Hareet Stinger
Yany Mits

Rumble
As he was walking home, a nearby building began to collaspe. Yany watched as it began to fall towards his head. Yany tired to outrun the rumble, but was crushed under a steal beam. The steel beam cut into his legs and his legs began to turn into metal. Yany was screaming for help.

Hareet saw the lady go over to the rumble sight. Hareet was a bit aggregated. I'm suppose to be the Hero! Nightstinger jumped down to the rumble. "Step aside, lady!" Nightstinger said, heroic. Then Hareet used his telekinesis to lift some of the rumble, freeing some civilians and the Hero Yany Mits.

Yany couldn't get up, so the teen he saw lift the beams lifted him to his feet. "Thanks kid," he said. Then Yany realized something. "Wait, are you even registered?"

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Ms MistyEye Ms MistyEye Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back