• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The war among alternate universes

H3LLJUMPER_177

Feet First into hell
A mysterious metal orb appears in many universes with schematics(along with the equipment to build the schematics) on how to visit other universes, and a warning of some sort that is impossible to decipher. The first universes, one of large metal men and red banners with a golden two headed bird, travels to another universe, one of humans and aliens fighting over 'halos'. The Imperium of Man make hostile contact with each faction, the human faction and the alien faction called a cease fire and repelled the invading force... A meeting was peacefully called between each faction in the invaded universe, who have discussed a truce until the new threat is eradicated... the UNSC: ONI, discover a metal orb that is exactly like the one the imperium of man discovered...

The USC(United Space Coalition) begin building the tech needed for alternate universe travel, which didn't take long... the USC decided to pick at random... And traveled to a universe similar to theirs...with different aliens. They came into contact with a small fleet of humans, their ships black, blue, white and red... They called themselves the systems Alliance..quite peaceful... The UNSC along with the Covenant make first contact together, they discussed their predicament, while also being told they were about to do the same-travel to another universe-as they had just done..peace talks have begun and a large alliance between each universe's government may be made...

============================================================================================================================================
Please note the above is just a sample of what has happened, and that this can change, really i guess this is basically lore on the first contact between a few universes.
This RP will be about your own universes invading anothers, or allying with some.
This will accept many fandoms.
Warhammer 40k, halo, destiny, starwars, killzone, etc. Recommend you pick a fandom with space travel haha... OR. Want to make your own version of a fandom? DO IT I ENCOURAGE IT! Makes things interesting!
The plot is...I guess universal domination? Up to you!

Also if this kicks off and lasts long enough, I'll make a threat that would be similar to the Reapers from ME, which reminds me certain factions from these universes will be off limits! Such as the reapers, Flood, Vex, etc, if they don't have an exploitable weakness that every universe can exploit, they are to be untouched.
But i am up to suggestions on how to nerf them so you can use them!

Btw, Dibs on halos universe, you can use items from it, just make it different in a way

A mysterious metal orb appears in many universes with schematics(along with the equipment to build the schematics) on how to visit other universes, and a warning of some sort that is impossible to decipher. The first universes, one of large metal men and red banners with a golden two headed bird, travels to another universe, one of humans and aliens fighting over 'halos'. The Imperium of Man make hostile contact with each faction, the human faction and the alien faction called a cease fire and repelled the invading force... A meeting was peacefully called between each faction in the invaded universe, who have discussed a truce until the new threat is eradicated... the UNSC: ONI, discover a metal orb that is exactly like the one the imperium of man discovered...

The USC(United Space Coalition) begin building the tech needed for alternate universe travel, which didn't take long... the USC decided to pick at random... And traveled to a universe similar to theirs...with different aliens. They came into contact with a small fleet of humans, their ships black, blue, white and red... They called themselves the systems Alliance..quite peaceful... The UNSC along with the Covenant make first contact together, they discussed their predicament, while also being told they were about to do the same-travel to another universe-as they had just done..peace talks have begun and a large alliance between each universe's government may be made...

============================================================================================================================================
Please note the above is just a sample of what has happened, and that this can change, really i guess this is basically lore on the first contact between a few universes.
This RP will be about your own universes invading anothers, or allying with some.
This will accept many fandoms.
Warhammer 40k, halo, destiny, starwars, killzone, etc. Recommend you pick a fandom with space travel haha... OR. Want to make your own version of a fandom? DO IT I ENCOURAGE IT! Makes things interesting!
The plot is...I guess universal domination? Up to you!

Also if this kicks off and lasts long enough, I'll make a threat that would be similar to the Reapers from ME, which reminds me certain factions from these universes will be off limits! Such as the reapers, Flood, Vex, etc, if they don't have an exploitable weakness that every universe can exploit, they are to be untouched.
But i am up to suggestions on how to nerf them so you can use them!

Btw, Dibs on halos universe, you can use items from it, just make it different in a way
So do you have to do a fandom or a modified fandom, or can you make a custom nation?

I'll be interested. Tell me, has any of you ever heard of Tyranids?

I have seen images of them, and that they're kinda like the flood? Releasing spores into a planets atmosphere and taraforming it?

I have seen images of them, and that they're kinda like the flood? Releasing spores into a planets atmosphere and taraforming it?
The flood ain't shit to the Tyranids. The Tyranids don't terraform planets either. They devour every last living cell on the planet, absorb it into their collective biomass, and roll on to the next one, using that biomass to make more monsters.

Alright, so to to give you good understanding if what Tyranids are, I'll want you to think about Flood. Then throw that out of the window because Nids are several times more deadly and scary. Watch this for basic understanding, and then go to Lexicanum if you want to know more specific information.

Alright, so to to give you good understanding if what Tyranids are, I'll want you to think about Flood. Then throw that out of the window because Nids are several times more deadly and scary. Watch this for basic understanding, and then go to Lexicanum if you want to know more specific information.

The flood ain't shit to the Tyranids. The Tyranids don't terraform planets either. They devour every last living cell on the planet, absorb it into their collective biomass, and roll on to the next one, using that biomass to make more monsters.
I might have to deny those guys unless they can be nerfed in some way shape or form...

I might have to deny those guys unless they can be nerfed in some way shape or form...
Ah yes, I thought that will be said. Which is why I prepared some backup options. T'au Empire, also from Warhammer 40k. But because they are too from Warhammer and can go toe-to-toe with other factions, they are just as overpowered as everything there. Although even they are equal to the others on the battlefield, they are also the smallest faction, with least resources. Dunno, we'll see how it comes out. Although general rule of thumb here is "anything from WH40k is OP", so venturing near that may be a no go. Second backup is Terran Dominion from StarCraft. They aren't OP, although I am not sure if those are the guys I want to play as in the end. Third backup is United Nations of Earth, from Stellaris canon. These guys may also be borderline overpowered, depending on the given technology. Late game Stellaris comes close to Warmallet level, if played out correctly. Earlier eras are visibly weaker. Another option is Greater Terran Union, from Twitch stream series Stellaris Invicta made by Templin Institute. Same case as UNE. Last candidate would be something that I like to imagine sometimes: a custom universe, in which humanity remained divided after going to space. It would likely have realistic ship design, I would play as either Russia, USA of European Federation. I dunno which one will I pick.

Ah yes, I thought that will be said. Which is why I prepared some backup options. T'au Empire, also from Warhammer 40k. But because they are too from Warhammer and can go toe-to-toe with other factions, they are just as overpowered as everything there. Although even they are equal to the others on the battlefield, they are also the smallest faction, with least resources. Dunno, we'll see how it comes out. Although general rule of thumb here is "anything from WH40k is OP", so venturing near that may be a no go. Second backup is Terran Dominion from StarCraft. They aren't OP, although I am not sure if those are the guys I want to play as in the end. Third backup is United Nations of Earth, from Stellaris canon. These guys may also be borderline overpowered, depending on the given technology. Late game Stellaris comes close to Warmallet level, if played out correctly. Earlier eras are visibly weaker. Another option is Greater Terran Union, from Twitch stream series Stellaris Invicta made by Templin Institute. Same case as UNE. Last candidate would be something that I like to imagine sometimes: a custom universe, in which humanity remained divided after going to space. It would likely have realistic ship design, I would play as either Russia, USA of European Federation. I dunno which one will I pick.
As i said, make your own universe how you want to :3 use assets from another universe if you want.
As for the starcraft and stellaris stuff, I've never read up on them >>

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV
Plus i was thinking about nerfing the majority of the 40k battles, depending on the faction and how big the force would be, their area of arrival would be auto detected by the invaded universe, or the 40k ships would suffer EMP side effects when going to another universe, making their ships would stop working for 10 minutes(or 5). Or they would be limited to a few ships per travel, really it just depends on the faction... or every faction that isn't part of the 40k universe, would have just as many soldiers, ships, weapons etc at their disposal... Really i just don't know besides the last one, as that would seem just as fair..

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV
Plus i was thinking about nerfing the majority of the 40k battles, depending on the faction and how big the force would be, their area of arrival would be auto detected by the invaded universe, or the 40k ships would suffer EMP side effects when going to another universe, making their ships would stop working for 10 minutes(or 5). Or they would be limited to a few ships per travel, really it just depends on the faction... or every faction that isn't part of the 40k universe, would have just as many soldiers, ships, weapons etc at their disposal... Really i just don't know besides the last one, as that would seem just as fair..
I'd suggest putting every new universe that would be introduced to a collective examination, to see if its OP, and ban or nerf it in some way, so we can play with balanced and fun roster.

How long ago would the orb have appeared, or is that up to us individually?

when you hit the edit button of someone elses post instead of the BIG ASS REPLY BUTTON sorry of that notified you! I really didn't mean to press it even though i hit cancel sorry sorry sorry!

Um... Id say they just randomly appeared recently in every universe, as leaving it up to everyone may result in... people claiming they have this many universes etc...

when you hit the edit button of someone elses post instead of the BIG ASS REPLY BUTTON sorry of that notified you! I really didn't mean to press it even though i hit cancel sorry sorry sorry!

Um... Id say they just randomly appeared recently in every universe, as leaving it up to everyone may result in... people claiming they have this many universes etc...
How recently? Like days, weeks, months, ect?

How recently? Like days, weeks, months, ect?
Good question, I'd say weeks. PAtrols from the universes military or simple travelers could find it and report upon it as it might not have been there since their last check or travels. Unless you have an idea on how long it's been there?

I'm going to create my own universe, starting with the Universal Human Authority, which is an empire that spans several universes, essentially a multi-dimensional organisation with advanced enough travel to create portal wormholes that could facilitate travel between dimensions, and thus universes.

If you might have guessed, it's my own twist at the Combine Empire from HL2, but human, in a reality where the Sol System became so powerful and advanced that the reality's mankind could develop the technology for dimensional travel, but the technology is far from refined itself, probably beyond capable by scientific limits, and thus, the dimensional travel is very limited, with communications from one universe to the Overworld (the main reality of the Human Authority) being facilitated only from the local cluster of each universe's Sol System. Basically, each universe that U.H.A manages to discover, they will most likely arrive at the location of that unvierse's Earth, thus, most likely contacting an alternate version of humanity. If you want an example:
-U.H.A discovers alternate universe with alternate mankind, where Earth is dying and colonises their Sol System, integrating the surviving mankind in that reality into their own dimensional empire.
Think of each Earth as either a potential outpost for expansion and travel to other universes, a new civilisation strongold, etc.

Due to this, U.H.A claims the title of "Representative of Mankind" with it's goal to unite as much humanity as possible in the multiverse itself, becoming the ultimate undisputed authority of mankind.

I won't go into too much details because I need to refine the idea, but the basis is there. I won't make it OP, but it'll be powerful and advanced.

I'm going to create my own universe, starting with the Universal Human Authority, which is an empire that spans several universes, essentially a multi-dimensional organisation with advanced enough travel to create portal wormholes that could facilitate travel between dimensions, and thus universes.

If you might have guessed, it's my own twist at the Combine Empire from HL2, but human, in a reality where the Sol System became so powerful and advanced that the reality's mankind could develop the technology for dimensional travel, but the technology is far from refined itself, probably beyond capable by scientific limits, and thus, the dimensional travel is very limited, with communications from one universe to the Overworld (the main reality of the Human Authority) being facilitated only from the local cluster of each universe's Sol System. Basically, each universe that U.H.A manages to discover, they will most likely arrive at the location of that unvierse's Earth, thus, most likely contacting an alternate version of humanity. If you want an example:
-U.H.A discovers alternate universe with alternate mankind, where Earth is dying and colonises their Sol System, integrating the surviving mankind in that reality into their own dimensional empire.
Think of each Earth as either a potential outpost for expansion and travel to other universes, a new civilisation strongold, etc.

Due to this, U.H.A claims the title of "Representative of Mankind" with it's goal to unite as much humanity as possible in the multiverse itself, becoming the ultimate undisputed authority of mankind.

I won't go into too much details because I need to refine the idea, but the basis is there. I won't make it OP, but it'll be powerful and advanced.
Well any empire that controls several universes is by definitione OP, by sheer volume of resources they can muster. If he can RP with that, I want to use WH40k.

The United Nations of Earth Also, reference sheet for Stellaris power level, misses out much, but is nonetheless of aid. Also helpfully splits UNE capabilities into early, mid and late game tech for easier reference.

Problem with this RP is that it'll inevitably lead to OPness, so I believe we should limit or altogether remove the "fandoms" of games, instead, players have to come up with their own universe and balance it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back