• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Binna

Binna's week had its ups and downs. Dealing with Dean had been better than she thought. As much she knew the relationship was dead, she put on a brave face and was supportive. Dean, the first few days, was surprisingly calm, docile even. The doctor thought Dean enjoyed the time off. However that changed when he found out Wally was helping with the wall. Dean let everybody who'd listen that he was not a fan of how Wally was running things, and that rushing the apartments expansion when they have 'other issues' was a dumb move. His little inner circle of builder friends had been coming in and out of Dean's room constantly, buzzing around and gossiping as if they were women.

While not "Dean" sitting, she was "Calliope" sitting. Binna agreed to watch the girl another night for Julianna. Binna was happy for her friends. However, when Bella started to pull away, Binna was not shocked. Binna wanted to sit down and have a "talk" with Julianna, but she wasn't her mother. If this kept up though? The doctor would have no choice.

Then there was Wally and Alastair. Her brother and herself spent time catching up. It was amazing. They talked about Donald's phone calls before the grid went down. How he lied to Wally. Binna was not surprised her older brother lied to Wally. Donald never liked Binna. Donald, in retrospect, was a calmer, more likeable and manipulating version of Dean. Ugh, she felt like an idiot.

As for Alastair, the two spent a lot of time together. She was one of the first people to help him with his little radio station. 'Faith public radio' was a great idea, she thought. The two, when Binna wasn't in the office, would go out for small runs to find music records. Or working smart phones that he could use. The two just jelled. He was such an amazing listener, and he was more than willing to share back. Alastair was special. He was a calming presence she didn't know she needed.

Currently in the office, Andrew had just left, going of to hang with the other kids. Andrew was a good boy, and the two had become close, well, as close as he'd let her. There was also a certain girl with a heart condition that Binna had been worrying about, but she'd been quiet for awhile, needed time to adjust. The doctor did adore her, however. Binna had reassured the girl they had enough medicine for her until at least October. Plenty of time to look for more.

Sitting at her desk, Calliope played with dolls on the floor.

"Juli! I'm doing some backlogging. Do you know why we haven't hit that family medicinal center in town? It's weird. Is it empty or full of walkers? I started having Danny give me side reports because Brooke just lets the runners log their finds any way they want and that is simply infuriating. Thing is, Danny's report says it's not been searched while I have another so-signed by Paul and Brooke that's clear. Do you know?" Binna absentmindedly tapped on the desk with her pen, looking over her papers. "Whether it's clear or not, maybe we need to establish a secondary medical camp for us to use out there."

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog
Julianna

With recent events, Julianna found herself distracted. Sure, she was still able to do her work without any difficulty, and she was still present in the moment. However, there were those short periods of time where she was daydreaming or simply lost in her own mind. Since she and Bella had become...closer, there was this sensation of being back in high-school when she had first discovered what companionship was and could be. The sheer stress relief involved and the belief that through all the troubles of her life, there was a constant. Aside from Calliope, everything here felt so temporary. Like any day now it would all just disappear. But this, with Bella, whatever it was, it felt right. The woman found herself a bit concerned that her other friendships were suffering, but her hopes were that given a little time, things would settle into a neat place. Unfortunately, her life seldom did so.

In the moment, she was going through files, her mind wandering just enough to distract her so she had to go back through the same row again to find the one she was looking for. A location file that stored reports on the latest runs into the city proper. Unfortunately, sometimes they weren’t well prepared, which required them to go back over the same reports multiple times. It was frustrating, but they had to work with what they had. Once she found what she was looking for, she closed the cabinet and moved around her desk, giving her beautiful daughter a gentle ruffle of her hair and a loving smile before taking a seat. Julianna's gaze flowed across to Binna, noting her question and follow up.

"Hmm...I'm not sure. This mixed report nonsense needs to stop. But, you're definitely right. Having a medical outpost would be very beneficial. Maybe we should have a meeting and establish some actual paperwork for runs instead of just lined paper and ink?"

Julianna added the last bit with a quiet laugh, offering her friend a smile. Calliope, the young girl with doll in hand moved around to give her mother a hug.

"Mama, may I please go and play? It's stuffy in here." Calliope asked her mother with the barest hint of a displeased pout.

Julianna laughed softly and stood, picking her daughter up and giving her a big hug.

"Oh, chin up, my little cub. You're going to play with your little friend today, aren't you?"

The young girl perked up at the reminded, her bright eyes shining up to her mother as she flashed her a grin. "Oh yeah! Can we go now, Mama?"

Julianna's smile grew broad as she turned her gaze back to Binna. "I don't know, why don't you ask your Aunt Binna if I can take a few minutes to run you over there?"

Calliope hurriedly ran over to Binna as soon as her feet touched the floor, throwing her arms around her as best she could to give her a big hug.

"Binna, Binna! Mama wants to know if she can take me to go play with Ace! Can we?! Pleeease!"

Julianna herself sighed as she walked over to Binna, resting her hand gently upon her daughter's head to play with her hair.

"I'll just be a few minutes. Besides, how could we say no to this face?"

Josh Josh

 Bella

When Elliot brought up Kevin, Bella's face became slightly contorted. Her slight smile became crooked as she suppressed a frown. Kevin, her late boyfriend, was a person she didn't like thinking about. Before the outbreak, he was a star center for LSU, with the NFL in his sights. He was a strong, fast, 6'6" athlete who once was sharp, brilliant, and always on the ball.

After the outbreak, he slowly devolved, especially after leaving the apartments. During the little "civil war" that broke out at their old home, Kevin did a lot of Binna's dirty work. On the road, though, he became out of it. He was talking to himself, snapping out of the blue.

One day, during lunch, Greg, Binna's boyfriend, played a joke on Kevin. Greg was a big guy, 7 foot, 490 pounds, but he was surprisingly fast and agile for a man that size. Kevin snapped and the two massive men clashed physically. Danny tried to stop them, but all either men had to do was give him a slight shove to keep him out of it. Eventually, Greg and Kevin tired themselves out. Bella remembered looking into Binna's eyes. It was the pure fear of God. It stuck with her to this day.

Kevin got more and more got physical. Bella wouldn't say Kevin abused her, though mainly because he wasn't really Kevin anymore. He was something else.

One night, they were in a large cabin. Danny was sleeping, while Binna and Greg took the main bedroom to sleep. Elliot, Kevin, and Bella were playing cards. In a flash, and she didn't remember what caused it, Kevin lunged at Elliot, choking him from a pinned position. Elliot's face slowly and slowly turned blue. He was going to die. Panicking, Bella gripped a nearby frying pan and hit Kevin, causing him to fall. At first, Bella thought she had knocked him out. She killed him.

Binna had some theories on why he changed. Combination of CTE, trauma, stress, and maybe trauma-induced schizophrenia. It didn't matter.

Bella never blamed Elliot. "You were supposed to think I never held that against you," she signed rather passionately. "You were supposed to think that I moved on."

Shaking her head, Bella rolled her eyes. "I'm not afraid of commitment, Elliot, and it's definitely not just about you. What I'm afraid of is hitching my wagon with someone who has a child. I'm not ready to be a mom. Cool aunt? Yes. Co-mom?" Bella shook her head. "I'm just telling you if you want to take a chance with me? The door is still open."

Zenterfold Zenterfold

Jasper

Making it to the gate, Jasper saw Craig and the large, weird man talking. Jasper spoke to them as he rushed past. "Uh, Padra? A new guy just showed up. A doctor."

Jasper didn't mind the news. In fact, he enjoyed all the talk going on. What he didn't want was Brooke. Now, it wasn't because she was a woman. Jasper understood she had to be a fucking hard ass, but she was, well, a bitch. In his opinion, anyway. She acted as if she and she alone knew how to do shit. There was an issue from months ago where Winnie Sizemore, a very respected member of the faith, got into a dispute with Brooke. For some reason, Brooke always seemed to give Winnie a hard time. It was strange. Nobody knew why. There were rumors. Maybe Winnie and Ray dated in the past, but everyone else denied that.

Finding Mona and Brooke, Jasper knocks on the wall. "Hey Mona, hey Brooke. So we have a new one already—some doctor. Derek's bringing him in. Should we bring him to Binna and Gus?"

Zenterfold Zenterfold FellowKnight FellowKnight

Wally

Wally waved Danny off. "It's my fucking sister, man! Am I not supposed to care?" Wally playfully spat back. "Don't get me wrong, Binna never picked many winners. A dentist, a couple of stupid cops, a vegan professional cycler, and more doctors than I can count. She dated one of J.Lo's backup dancers two years ago." Wally chuckled. "There was one guy, I think he was the one who got away. His name was Ian, a straight-edge punk guy who owned a plant-based ice cream place in town. The guy had fully body tattoos, and he was wicked smart. On paper? Never in a thousand years did I think Binna would date a guy like that! She's too straight-laced! They clicked, man. Only guy Bi took to meet Mom and Dad. Almost two years and was petty serious. Both were workaholics, so you know? Something had to give."

Stretching, Wally nodded. "Yeah, Bi showed me some pictures you guys took on the road. God, Greg was huge." Wally adjusted his hat. "I could tell by the smile she had, he was special. "

Wally paused. "Yeah, I don't get why. Binna never felt like she needed a guy, so, ya know? Little confused by her dragging some motherfucker she doesn't even like around. It's actually pretty messed up if you think about it."

Standing up straight, Wally moved to Danny. "Katja, yeah. Most have been." Wally had never seen Katja, but he heard about her. Derek, Joe, and Wally discussed her. Apparently, she just stormed the gate one day with a spear and an Uzi, fought Derek to a standstill until Joe got involved. Put her on some meds, and she just stayed in her room knitting socks. Her background, however, was mysterious. Father Craig and Carmen thought she was a former detective. Paul got the feeling she may be a former martial artist or military. However, Derek and Joe? They told Wally their own theory.

"Danny, you don't think Katja is a former spook, right? Like a spy? Maybe CIA? That'd be fuck?"

Zenterfold Zenterfold

 Derek

Derek just glared at the man. Something about this guy rubbed Derek the wrong way. Ignoring what Richard said, the two kept moving.

"Miami, that's pretty far," Derek spoke as they entered the gate. "You just walked this far by yourself?" A small crowd gathered as people chirped with comments.

"Follow," Derek demanded, taking the doctor into the school. Place the man in one of the empty rooms, Derek motioned for the man to across a table.

"Ray or Brooke should be here in a bit. After that, we got Doctor Hatch Or Doctor Roberts. I'll take you to their office. Doctor Roberts, she's a good woman. Former surgeon, she runs a tight ship. If you stay, you'll be working with her."

Derek looked out the door casually. "So, you're technically our fourth doctor, but the third one? He doesn't do much doctoring. Voidsman, he calls himself. Fucking weirdo. Wears one of those plague masks. Dr. Hatch is a local. Orthopedic Surgeon. He was retired, but honestly? I couldn't tell." Unlike most people, Derek understood why Gus felt the way he felt. Plus Derek was a local. Derek knew more than most about Gus. Derek knew that Gus was once a war hero. He remembered his grandmother having to go to Dr. Hatches for appointments. Gus was a complicated guy; Derek always tried to keep that in mind.

"You also have Julianna, she's the lead nurse. She is a good woman. I've never seen her flinch when shit got heavy. There is also Bella. She was never a nurse before the outbreak, but Bi, uh, Doctor Roberts trained her pretty well. James and sister Carmen are part-time members. James was a fireman and had some training, and Sister Carmen?" Derek smirked. "She had no formal medical training, but she served in Somalia for a few years. And I know for a fact she dealt with some emergency over there. Stabbings, broken legs, gunshots? She saw it all."

FellowKnight FellowKnight

Tucker

Glaring at Andrew, Tucker was going to reply to the boy, however the man froze at Heidi's reaction. A rush of anger ran through him. "You honestly think that of me?" Giving her a look, Tucker shook his head. Tucker was a lot of things, but he was, in his heart, a good guy. Heidi knew that. He did hate seeing her cry, but he knew she didn't mean what she said.

Looking at Jemma, surprisingly, Tucker didn't get upset. "I don't think I'd be able to go outside with y'all anyway. Wally wants me to go to both of the apartment builds and give every room a once over. I don't know how we're gonna decide who goes where. Every floor is different than the one before. Some floor's rooms are just plain better. I don't know how we split this all up."

"Also, and I probably shouldn't tell y'all this. The basements of both apartments? They are storage areas for units. I found some cool shit in there. Fireworks, jewelry, telescope, an old pinball machine, but it's busted." Tucker paused. "Historical things too. World war two stuff and Vietnam things. Haven't told Ray or anyone about it. Who knows what y'all find. Derek wants to make it a gun range or a place we can train people. Dean suggested a prison, or at least somewhere to put someone to cool down." Tucker got up. "Anyway, I'm gonna leave. That cool?"

Selee-01 Selee-01 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy FellowKnight FellowKnight Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Zenterfold Zenterfold

Doctor Hatch

It was a pretty exciting morning for the people of Faith. Just this morning, there was already three new people, which was creating a lot of buzz. As for Gus Hatch, he was stuck in his own head, thinking.

The older woman who had just arrived? Birdie Rutledge, Gus, and the woman had a vast history. She was a year older than him in high school and picked on him mercilessly! "Gus the bus," she called him. Well, until around his Junior year, when he became in fantastic shape. That shut her up right quick.

After coming back from the war, they didn't live too far apart. He and his wife at the time took over his dad's farm. His dad still did all the work and everything, but Gus would help when he wasn't in school.

He shook his head. Dr. Hatch didn't like thinking about that time. It was something he just tried to ignore. But what happened? His heart blamed Birdie. He knew he shouldn't, but his anger with that woman? It was vast, like an ocean of hellfire.

The gall of the woman. The first time in years she saw him with a different woman, Birdie snapped at him! After all he did for Birdie! After all the history they had. The fucking nerve of that murderer. Yeah, Gus knew about her husband. To be fair, the guy deserved to die.

As Gus slumped his shoulders, a large, guttural sigh echoed out of his person as he lowered his head. He didn't want to think about her. About the past. Not like he couldn't now with Birdie here. A walking, talking reminder of Gus' failings.

Standing up from where he sat, his ears picked up the news. A new doctor was here. The doctor's weathered face grimaced. "Just fucking great," he mumbled to himself.

Walking away, he decided to inform Ray and nip the Birdie situation in the bud.

Knocking on the door, Gus walked in. His eye met with Ray's as the two women shared their stories. Hearing the two, Gus chimed in, his eyes looking at Birdie.

"Tell me before you left, you saw if the old Thorn family farm wasn't picked over," Gus began, his eyes turning to look at Ray. "I lived near there in a past life. Birdie here and I, well? I've known this broad for over fifty years now, unfortunately." His back arched as a wild smirk and devilish look appeared on his face. "The Thorn family, Otis, then his boy Marshall, and Harry. Three generations of dumb sons of bitches. That being said, their land was always well guarded. Dumb Otis really thought people were going to steal his stupid chickens!" Gus laughed. "Those things don't lay golden eggs, so the bastard never had anything to worry 'bout."

He took a slight pause as he took a breath. "So, Ray? Not to keep you busy, but Derek just brought a new one in. He's a doctor, too. Since you have that to worry about. I want to talk to Birdie. Alone" He then looked at Cinder. "Besides, Cynthia, there are plenty of people your age in the cafeteria."

Patience Patience

Sister Carmen

"Great minds think alike it seems!" The Sister glowed at Conrad's suggestion of a council. Her light blue veil caught the wind as it stayed tied to her head. "However, I would still keep Ray in charge," she informed him. "I'll bring it up in the meeting. A council of five with Ray as the lead. He gets two picks, two people, and everyone else is voted for," Carmen suggested. "I do think some people should be automatically in place. Dr. Roberts or Elliot, one of the bus people, everyone else should be voted for."

Sighing, Carmen knew this was a risk; however, Ray was a good "peacetime" leader. Eventually, there won't be peace, and they needed strong hands to guide the group.

Looking at the bright blue sky, the hairs on her arms shot up. Something in her gut knew the meeting was going to be messy. "I'll be candid with you, Conrad. I've been in a group with a bad leader. I won't bore you with a sap story, but I'll tell you it didn't go well. If the wrong person wins a power struggle or inherits a power vacuum, it leads everyone into damnation." Carmen's body lounge sank.

"We are truly, by the grace of God, blessed. Think about it. Every building here has its own power source. We're going to have our own bathrooms and homes soon! We have multiple working pools in the YMCA! We gave a movie theater, Conrad. Not just that! If we don't want to go to the theater, we can put on a DVD or soon listen to music! Do you get it? We are the lucky ones! I'll be damned if anyone or anything stops Faith from thriving. The only thing that can stop Faith is, well, faith."

Crono Crono

Binna

Binna gave the raven-haired woman an exasperated stare like her soul was shouting when Julianna confirmed Binna's worst fear. "We all know this is a Brooke issue," Binna spoke in hushed tones. "She's the one who lets the sloppiness stand. That's not a bad idea; it's better than me shouting at people."

Pulling out some files, Binna's fingers danced around, opening them one by one. "We do need another place. We have a girl with a heart condition, Winnie is four months on, and we both remember the last baby born at Faith. The trainers' room just doesn’t work. Besides that? Chef Sible's old ballet injuries are getting worse. Dr. Hatch says she's going to need foot surgery. Elysian might be diabetic, and that wrestler, Sam? " The doctor cringes. "Have you looked at his medical file? He has had more injuries than I've ever read in one person's sheet. Torn ACL, Tommy John's surgery, and a broken neck fused back together. He had blown quads and permanent nerve damage in his left arm. Oh, his knees? Don't get me started on his knees. I swear, every time I see him, I can feel the pain he's dealing with. He will need a good 'come to Jesus' moment soon. We're going to have to take a look at them sooner than later."

Binna closed the file. Her face seemed drained as she dove deeper into the conversation. "It's honestly a miracle he's even functioning. I've seen a few wrestlers as patients before, working in Florida and everything, but I'm genuinely worried for him."

Regaining her composure, Binna couldn't help but admire Julianna and her beautiful daughter. At the same time, Binna never would admit it, but she was jealous, even envious. Having a little "mini-me" was something Binna always wanted. As much as her dream was to be a doctor, her other goal was to have a few kids and a husband. However, the balance was tricky, and Binna realized earlier in her career she couldn't have everything.

Binna's face blushed as Calliope begged her to let her mom help her. In finding Ace. The girl's embrace was heart-melting. Embracing back, Binna held onto the girl for dear life, brushing her hair back.

"Of course!" She insisted. "Have fun!"

Looking at Julianna, the doctor nodded her head. "Go. Maybe you'll find Ace before he finds you for once," she smirked.

"There you are!" A voice shouted from the doorway. It was Ace. A whimsical glint shone from Binna's eyes as she gave Julianna a look.

"Spoke too soon," The doctor said.

Ace

Ace was nine, had dirty blonde hair, and was a unique Faith member. Ace had strange energy that was hard to miss. He always wanted to learn, was always willing to try anything, and was more capable of surviving in this new world than people three or four times his age.

He was no stranger to finding Calliope and definitely no stranger to the Nurse's office. Sometimes the boy would just come into the Nurse's office just to watch. He would watch them patch up wounds or do paper and ask how they did it. Dr. Hatch, a man with little affection for anyone, had started referring to him as "the Buddha" by the way the boy would just stay in one place and watch. It wasn't just for the doctor. Whether it be on guard toward or offering Alastair help with the radio station, Ace was a site to behold.

"Morning, Ms. Stonebridge, Dr. Roberts," the boy greeted. The boy was always respectful. His father, Joe, had instilled that into the boy. Always holding a door for the ladies, always polite, always respectful. A good Midwestern boy with good Midwestern values. "May I play with Calliope? We're gonna see if Ms. Sarah has any more art projects for us. Maybe help Mr. Alastair with his radios."

Last edited:
Richard

The tightness about his features loosened almost as soon as it had come about, and Richard followed Derek into Faith. He sent the observing crowd a deep-seated smile, firing back at Derek, "Not alone. I had help.. friends. Once upon a time. Not so much anymore." The ensuing silence capitalized on the guilt Richard had shown earlier, and he let himself reflect for a moment on the dead, what they'd given him to keep going. Everyone he'd lost and that lost themselves in this waking, rancid reality. Faith was indeed a beautiful community with a welcoming people, their announcement and the snooping crowd hadn't lied about that bit. It certainly won out the sorry state of Fort Wayne, if nothing else. Regardless of how it all shimmered, Richard had no intention to stay longer than he needed. It was a suitable place to rest up and resupply, maybe indulge in his research if Faith's medical team was formidable, but nothing more.

People were more dangerous than ever, more so than the infected. That was a fact painfully branded into the doctor's mind by now. And despite entering with little contest, what would be telling of Faith is their ability to turn the right people away. He wouldn't stick around for the gruesome alternative.

As they got into the room, Richard slid the hiking backpack off his shoulder and fished out a small metallic panel encased in aluminum foil. Unclipping the radio from his belt, he gestured between himself and a window flooded with sunlight.

"If you don't mind?" Without really waiting for a response, he shut off the radio and cranked it for a good minute while he listened to Derek, setting it on the heat panel in the window. After sitting himself down, he took in what the man was saying. A doctor in a plague mask? That was a bit on the nose, not that things nowadays hadn't called for the unconventional. Even still, if Ray and Brooke were open-minded enough to let him stay, Richard liked his odds.

He got more tuned in at the mention of the medical staff, specifically this Doctor Roberts and Sister Carmen. That name stuck with him like spinach in teeth. Roberts, Roberts.. Derek had nicknamed her Bi, short for Bianca? No. But the name had prompted a wrinkled and washed-out memory. Had he worked with her at some point? Was it even the same person? Until three days ago, his surgical touch had been on a long hiatus without the convention of a suitable environment and tools. He'd only come to appreciate all his career brought him in the old world, but more so, older memories were resurfacing. Roberts must've reminded him of someone else.

Sister Carmen on the other hand was a total stranger, though Richard was no stranger to her plight. The exact details of his service escaped him, but he worked for the Army Reserves in Vietnam, to finance his way through college. It hadn't been worth the trouble. If Somalia was as troubled as the news journals read he pitied the Sister, though he had suspected she didn't need his sympathies.

"I'm guessing you two go back a while, hm?" Understanding he might've crossed a line, he pivoted before Derek could speak up. "Assuming she keeps with the church, that leaves you with a vetted nun, a fireman, two nurses, and two surgeons--" He crossed his fingers with a wry grin. "--three, we should hope. You have a better team than I've seen in the past year, more organized at least. Does this Voidsman specialize in anything specific, or does he just like wearing the title? And.. you wouldn't happen to know where Doctor Roberts came from, would you?"

Josh Josh

Last edited:

Derek

As the duo entered the room, Derek watched the doctor like a hawk, his eyes following the man's every move.

When the Doctor started digging into Sister Carman and Derek's relationship, the soldier's body became rigged and a light scowl settled on his face before the Doctor backed off the subject. The Doctor seemed sharp, catching Derek's body language. Or maybe Derek just was that easy to read.

"I think he's an infectious disease doctor, or that's what he claims," Derek informed Richard, shrugging his shoulders. "As for Doctor Roberts? I heard she was living in Miami before..."

Derek paused for a small moment as a thought occurred to him. The world was a small place, getting smaller and smaller daily. Was it possible this man and Binna had some sort of past connection? Heck, was she that lucky? Derek didn't want to seem paranoid. Just because they were both doctors didn't mean they knew each other. Even if they did, that didn't mean anything necessarily. He knew Jasper, Dean, and Ray before the outbreak, and nobody thought it was weird when they were reunited. Still, it could be worrisome if Binna really did have connections to enough newcomers, as it added fire to the idea that the newcomers were part of some kind of nefarious plot.

With his mind reeling, Derek looked for the right words. "... You wouldn't know a Binna Roberts, would you?"

Faith Walls
Conrad

Conrad blinked at the woman in mild surprise as she mirrored his thoughts about a council with far more detail. Ray still being in charge wasn't exactly appealing but it seemed he had little choice but to relent, at least for now. Dr. Roberts sounded like an easy one to put forth, and while Elliot was a great kid he wasn't so sure about him being on the council. But the part that really drew Conrad's attention was the final suggestion, "Okay, hold on." A hand coming up into the air to signal he was going to interrupt before she continued. "The bus people are fine and all but they've barely been here a week and you think we should put Faith's future in one of their hands?" He wasn't convinced, given they hadn't even been fully cleared of potential suspicion. Well, at least for him personally.

As the Sister spoke about her past with a bad leader he couldn't help but feel for the woman. Conrad knew he was lucky enough to have avoided the misfortune before arriving at Faith, he'd been on his own for most of that time. But when you only have yourself to rely on your luck eventually runs out, and his did. If Derek, Brooke, and Paul hadn't found him that day he'd probably be among the rotting corpses. "That's what we're going to try and avoid." He replied, giving a soft smile. "The only one's to keep leadership in check is the people they lead." It was good this conversation was being had, and it probably should have happened sooner. The real question was if they could make it happen. "Keeping this place going is a group effort. Just tell me what you need from me." Conrad still wasn't convinced this was the best path, but it was the best they had and Sister Carmen could be a force to be reckoned with especially when her mind was set on something. So if nothing else he'd do what he planned from the beginning of this thought process, fight for change.

Josh Josh
coded by reveriee.

Kenji - Church Cafeteria

Listening to Tucker, Kenji could only roll his eyes in response, leaning back in his chair as he ate another tomato slice.

"I wasn't talking to you bro," Kenji muttered under his breath, side-eyeing the others as he went to sip his water bottle again, making sure he wouldn't end up covered in it.

He then sighed as Tucker and Andrew began to argue. Kenji chose to ignore them and looked at Jemma in relief when she cut them off. When she suggested having people stay back, his eyes wandered to Cricket.

"I think you should stay back," he stated, Cricket's face crinkling at his words.

"Why? It's not like I need protecting," she retorted in an annoyed tone.

"It's not that, you're more eager than anyone; it would throw people off if you were at the meeting," he finished, his eyebrows raised and a gentle look in his eyes.

With that, her look softened, nodding in agreement.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Selee-01 Selee-01 FellowKnight FellowKnight

Carmen

"Normally I would share your concern about those who came off the bus, but after having been in deep prayer, I realized something: We can afford the risk." Carmen gave a sly smile, reaching up to hold her habit as it caught the wind.

"Wally is Binna's brother and the two are extremely close. Apparently he's a former addict, but he's clean now. Have you seen his work the expansion walls? He's been working from day 'til night. I've seen him burning the midnight oil by himself. Alastair is a sweetheart. That one wears his heart on his sleeve. I worked with him on his little radio project. He's salt of the earth, earnest and really kind. Sarah, the bus driver? She's great with the kids, and an amazing artist. That big one named Sam..." Carmen paused, searching for the right words. "Derek told me he is a former wrestler. A talented one too. He really big in Japan, Texas, Georgia. Apparently, about twenty years ago, he did something called Death Match Wrestling." Carmen shook her head. "Apparently we are talking exploding rings and bare-wired ring rope. No wonder the man can barely function. Still, Derek and he are going to start self-defense classes. The younger ones, well, they've been getting along very well. I've never seen the teenagers around here more excited since their arrival. If we give them enough time and affection, such as Andrew, they will come around."

Taking a deep breath, Carmen put her hand on Conrad's shoulder. "What I am trying to say with all this, is that we need to be one group, one united Faith. "

Retracting her hand, Carmen give the man a reassuring smirk. "What you need to do is trust me. Things might get rough in there, just try to be a diplomatic as possible, which shouldn't be too hard for you. Ray, Brooke, none of them or anyone here are enemies." Carmen's nose twisted slightly. "Well, not yet. Hopefully Dean doesn't make a jackass of himself in the meeting. But I guess wanting that is like not wanting the sun to rise in the morning. It's not going to happen no matter how hard you wish."

Crono Crono

Craig

Father Craig gave Voidsman a warm smile as the cigar smoke floating past him. "Hate you for not having faith? Doctor, if I hated every person who didn't believe in God, I'd hate a whole lot of people!" He chuckled. "It's not my job to judge anyone, just to give counsel, to teach, and to share my perspective."

Craig paused, looking down for a moment. "Faith is complex. If you don't feel you need it or want it, I truly understand. We, as people of faith, are supposed to plant seeds, not dig the ground up and place whole trees. Just because I have faith that I can feel and see, it doesn't have anything to do with you or anyone who doesn't feel the same way."

Taking a step back, he heard Jasper calling to him.

"Another one already? And a doctor you say?" Craig looked at Voidsman. "Another one of your kind, apparently." Another pause. "That being said, I heard when you joined you wanted to be a runner? Why not join Doctor Roberts' unit? Not to say we don't need good runners, but don't you think you can be a better help there? An infectious disease doctor can be useful in a situation like the current?"

Before the doctor could respond, the pair were approached again, this time by Elyse. "Father," she said quietly, looking at Voidsman warily. "I need your advice for something pertaining to my upcoming classes. Do you mind if we talk a moment before the meeting?"

Craig turned to the woman and nodded happily. "Of course. Sir..." He looked back to the doctor. "We should continue this conversation another time, yes?"

The pair then left, as Elyse was eager to take Craig away.

Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman

 Sean

"We've all seen messed up shit, kid," Sean said, his voice not entirely uncaring but rigid, firm, and a tad still annoyed. "Hell, some of us are guilty of it. If you want to be a part of this group, you can't do dumb shit like this. Faith needs team players, you understand? This stuff? It didn't need to be cleared. Not now, not like this."

Reaching for his bow, he effortlessly shot a nearby walker, the arrow shattering its nose as it eliminated the monster. Sean was no Elliot, Dr. Roberts, or Jemma, but he was obviously not far behind them in his marksman abilities. "Also? No guns. Yeah, before you bitch, I know that's a silencer on your gun. It still makes noise, and these creatures are very sensitive to noise. Arrows and melee. That's your best bet. You have to work both harder and smarter from now on, got it?"

Sean let out a deep sigh. "We gotta get back. There's a community meeting and people like you and I should be there." He turned away for a moment. "I'm not taking no for an answer."

Gears Gears

Last edited:
Eddie sighed and put his pistols in his holsters. "I guess I can learn to use a crossbow, whats the meeting about anyway?" Eddie had used a crossbow a while ago, having stolen it from a couple of survivors along with their motorcycle. A while later he had lost it too raiders. Hopefully he remembered enough to use it.
Josh Josh

Brooke

Brooke had barely had a moment to think all morning as just about everyone had wanted a piece of her. She'd been at her wit's end all week between finalizing the expansion plans with Wally and figuring out just where the hell all the newcomers would go, so much so that she had barely a moment to take care of herself at all. She looked definitely on the more rough side this morning as she greeted a countless number of people and simply told them to speak to her again after the meeting. When Brooke told Sister Carmen to wait, the woman had given her such a strange look that Brooke felt the need to down a second coffee.

Ray managed to bail Brooke out by handling the interviews for that morning, leaving Brooke a moment to give the community her attention. Most people had just been concerned about small things like the luxury rations and work schedules, but it seemed Mona had something a bit more unique to talk about.

Brooke met Mona near the parking lot, sitting with her at one of the picnic tables they had set up. It was a reasonably cool day for the season, though Brooke was still thankful for the shade from the parasol set into the table. She looked intently at the sketches and plans laid out before her, her face giving away little of what she was thinking. If Mona had presented all this to Brooke two weeks ago, she likely would have immediately approved of the idea. Unfortunately, things were now a bit up in the air. She waited a moment before responding to Mona.

"It's very sweet of you to think up all this," Brooke said, giving a slight smile. "And I do think it's a wonderful idea. But we're in a state of upheaval right now. We're lucky to have what we have now, so we can't really afford to be extravagant..." Brooke looked away for a moment, trailing off. A thought occurred to her. "Actually, you might be right. Maybe we do need this. Would you be interested in bringing on a number of the newcomers? If this was a collaborative effort, maybe some people might come around on those they are feeling a bit unsure about."

Brooke suddenly stood up, not waiting for Mona to respond. "Listen, I'll help you put this together. You just need the right people. We bring it up at the meeting too if appropriate." She moved out of her seat and was almost immediately on the move.

"We'll have lots of time tomorrow to talk about it if you want!"

Ray

"A bunker?" Ray's eyes went wide for a moment and he found himself leaning forward intently. A bunker was definitely something of interest. Plenty of God-fearing Americans used to think societal collapse would come for them eventually and so quite a few had built themselves a little space to hide away. Turned out they were right, though probably not in the way most of them had expected. A bunker likely meant a lot of non-perishable foods, though if Birdie thought this one had nothing of value, she very well could be right. Ray recalled that Brooke's uncle had invested in buying a bunker, though Brooke had informed Ray that unfortunately there had nothing to be found there.

Ray took a moment to write a note on the bunker. It was still worth checking out possibly. He was still writing when he responded to Cinder, mostly because he knew the answer could possibly hit her hard and he wanted to make it sound as casual as he could. "No, we have not had anyone by those names here." He looked up then, his brow furrowing. He was a bit unsure what they were getting at in terms of how much they knew about what was going on.

"Sorry, how much have you both seen out there? I mean, you must have seen the dead walking around and how deserted the city is..."

He was interrupted then by Gus, who seemed eager to drop the bomb that he knew the pair. Ray gave the doctor a vexed glance. "Gus, I think you can talk to Birdie on your own time, but if she is fine with speaking to you alone, I'll allow it. As for another newcomer, I'm unsure if I have time before the meeting..." Ray stood up, glancing at the clock on the wall. "How about this, you can continue the interview while I get the other one set up. At least talk to Cinder for a moment here, will you?"

Giving the pair a nod and a smile, Ray then left.

Patience Patience Josh Josh

Elliot

Balling his hands into fists, Elliot found himself staring at Bella for a long moment. A long moment that possibly went on for longer than Bella found comfortable. Elliot just felt incredibly guilty, no matter where he put himself. He felt guilty about Kevin, first and foremost. No matter what anyone said, Elliot would always wonder if it was something he did that set the other boy off. Not just that, but Elliot felt guilty toward Bella, not just for what happened but for how he was leaving her in this state of not knowing where he stood. Also, if Elliot tried to make this work, would that not then also be wrong toward Julianna? For Elliot, it seemed better to just not do anything at all, which was something he had gotten pretty good at.

"I think you should give this thing with Julianna some time," he eventually signed. He could not hold back the sadness in the smile he tried to give Bella. "As a friend, that is my suggestion."

Standing up rather suddenly, Elliot then began to gather himself. He avoided looking at Bella's face, which meant he had no idea if she had a response to that. He felt his own face flush from the embarrassment of this moment. He did look at Bella just for a second out of the corner of his eye and waved a goodbye. He would have to talk to Danny later about all this.

Josh Josh

Danny

"I'm sure you brought home some real winners yourself," Danny said, somewhat meaning to say it under his breath but then just said it out loud anyway. He gave Wally a smile, though it was hardly a warm one. "I don't really know what to tell you about Binna. Fuck, things are not how they once were. Some of us just take what we can get." Danny did find it equally vexing and amusing that Binna was apparently the kind of woman who could get any man she wanted, yet she was out here picking some real duds. Danny did understand one thing Wally didn't, that it probably just came down to how goddamn hot Dean was.

When Wally asked if Katja was former CIA, Danny scrunched up his face. "How the hell would I know?" he grumbled. "Whatever they got her on, I think it's got her near-comatose. She's not been saying anything to anyone. Most people are too afraid to even try. Best thing you can do is to bot spread any rumors. That's fear-mongering shit. Got enough of that going in the last couple weeks." Danny looked away for a moment, trying to hide the frustration on his face. He couldn't say he liked at all the kind of place Faith had been recently. It all reminded him too much of the past.

"Wally." Danny looked back to the man, looking more serious now. "Keep an eye on your sister. I think the stress of... well, fucking everything, has been a lot for her lately." He crossed his arms. "I kind of have to get ready for the meeting, so... Sorry to cut this off so abruptly."

With a shrug of his shoulders, Danny turned and left.

Josh Josh

Faith

In the few hours that passed, things around the community moved pretty quickly. Paul returned with William, much to the relief of the other runners who had been out looking for him. He had come back much earlier than his daughter, Jemma, had anticipated, forcing her to delay the plans she had for her group of teens. As Paul and other runners were assigned to helping with the wall expansion the next day, Jemma decided then would be a much better opportunity to go out.

Those that had arrived that day were kept within the school while the meeting was being held. They had barely been there very long so they would likely be more confused than anything. Having had no time to interview Richard, Ray got the man settled while he attended the meeting with Brooke.

The community meeting was being held in the middle of the parking lot, where a small, raised platform had been set up for those who wished to speak. Not every member of the community felt the need to attend, though a fair majority had bothered to show up. Wally had been one of the first to the parking lot, putting up lawn chairs and stools for people to sit in. Fresh sweat dripped off him even as the wind started picking up, though he was all smiles as he greeted people when they arrived.

His sister, Binna had been trying to distract herself. Richard and her had no real time to talk, and to be honest, it was a lot. At the moment, she and Alastair were sat near the front. The doctor had brought a lot of paper work. One was a formal pitch for an off-site medical camp. Alastair helped hold all her papers while the two talked and laughed.

"Wait, wait, wait! You're implying you did surgery on someone famous, and you're not gonna tell me? Why can't you tell me?" Alastair acted mock-offended and gave a short laugh.

"Doctor-patient confidentiality. Look, you're the one who was prying! I can't give you much more than that."

Alastair gave the doctor a playful look. "The world is over. I don't think anyone would care."

Binna smirked, her hand landing on Alastair's knee. "Last time I checked, I could be considered anyone."

Passing by the two, Sister Carmen and Derek held hands. A slight uncomfortable look passed Carmen's face. Such innocent affection still made Carmen uncomfortable. She knew it was all in her head, but it didn't make Carmen feel any better. As they took a seat next to Winnie Sizemore and her partner Joe Davis, Derek nodded at the other couple. Joe and Derek were good friends, both being former military and from the area. The men got along swimmingly as did Winnie and Carmen.

Carmen could tell Joe was already "building up steam" as Winnie put it. His body was slowly turning a shade of red. While he would never yell at Winnie or his boys, everyone else was seemingly fair game. Joe had a few people who liked him, who understood him. These included Paul and his daughter, Sean, Derek, and of course Dean. Winnie had been able to help becoming more understanding of people, but it was a process.

"Joe." Winnie put her hands his shoulder as she gave the man a look of support. "Take a deep breath. I don't need you snapping today."

Derek nodded his head, his hand tapping on his knee. "Listen to your lady, Joe. I know you're not a fan of the people from the bus--"

"It's not about the fucking bus people, Derek." Joe interrupted. "A lot of them seem like good people. Alastair and Sarah, I like them. They've been good to my boys. But that doesn't change the fucking fact we let people in here willy nilly!" His red face seemed to cool down after a moment of pause. "Look, I'm not like Derek."

"Thank the Lord," Carmen chimed in.

"I'm not an isolationist. We just need better fixing plans, and maybe some better people in charge."

Ray and Brooke were standing at the front now. The kinds of things Joe was saying were echoed by a few others in the audience. Ray had heard the whispers all week and was none too pleased at the moment. His expression was firm, if not a bit sad. Brooke seemed to be pretending she hadn't heard anything, if she had heard anything at all.

"Everyone, everyone!" Brooke yelled, trying to get the attention of the group. "I need everyone to keep down for a moment so we can begin the discussion in full!" She waited a moment, exchanging a look with Ray before addressing the crowd again. "We've had so many big changes lately, I know this. We thought Fort Wayne to be devoid of life, so we began to reach out for new members through our radio system. This decision came with some controversy, but I believe it has breathed new life into Faith. The wall expansion has finally begun and we have so many new projects planned. Unfortunately though, for all the positive changes, we have run into some issues."

Ray nodded and opened his mouth to speak. "We..." He had to take a moment to compose himself. "Something our runners have recently discovered is a matter of concern. As you know, we have locations set up around the city for our runners to take safety when outside our walls. We also use these locations to store supplies for a time. Unfortunately, we have recently discovered some of these supplies having gone missing. We do not yet know why, but believe we are not as alone here as we once thought."

"We felt it was so important that everyone be informed," Brooke said, breaking in. "While we don't want anyone to panic, we also do not wish to leave anyone in the dark. We also want to assure everyone that we are not in danger of running out of supplies, for we have more than enough that some going missing would really impact us."

"This isn't easy, but we're trying our best," Ray said. His tone had turned grave. He sounded almost sad. "We love this community and we are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it thriving. We wanted the community's thoughts on this matter, and other matters, before it is too late."

Crono Crono The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Gears Gears Charles Babel Charles Babel @wowie @R U S T @MapletheLeafEater Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 @The_OverWatcher Selee-01 Selee-01 Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Josh Josh Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Patience Patience FellowKnight FellowKnight

Father Craig gave Voidsman a warm smile as the cigar smoke floating past him. "Hate you for not having faith? Doctor, if I hated every person who didn't believe in God, I'd hate a whole lot of people!" He chuckled. "It's not my job to judge anyone, just to give counsel, to teach, and to share my perspective."

Craig paused, looking down for a moment. "Faith is complex. If you don't feel you need it or want it, I truly understand. We, as people of faith, are supposed to plant seeds, not dig the ground up and place whole trees. Just because I have faith that I can feel and see, it doesn't have anything to do with you or anyone who doesn't feel the same way."

Taking a step back, he heard Jasper calling to him.

"Another one already? And a doctor you say?" Craig looked at Voidsman. "Another one of your kind, apparently." Another pause. "That being said, I heard when you joined you wanted to be a runner? Why not join Doctor Roberts' unit? Not to say we don't need good runners, but don't you think you can be a better help there? An infectious disease doctor can be useful in a situation like the current?"

Before the doctor could respond, the pair were approached again, this time by Elyse. "Father," she said quietly, looking at Voidsman warily. "I need your advice for something pertaining to my upcoming classes. Do you mind if we talk a moment before the meeting?"

Craig turned to the woman and nodded happily. "Of course. Sir..." He looked back to the doctor. "We should continue this conversation another time, yes?"

The pair then left, as Elyse was eager to take Craig away.
In the few hours that passed, things around the community moved pretty quickly. Paul returned with William, much to the relief of the other runners who had been out looking for him. He had come back much earlier than his daughter, Jemma, had anticipated, forcing her to delay the plans she had for her group of teens. As Paul and other runners were assigned to helping with the wall expansion the next day, Jemma decided then would be a much better opportunity to go out.

Those that had arrived that day were kept within the school while the meeting was being held. They had barely been there very long so they would likely be more confused than anything. Having had no time to interview Richard, Ray got the man settled while he attended the meeting with Brooke.

The community meeting was being held in the middle of the parking lot, where a small, raised platform had been set up for those who wished to speak. Not every member of the community felt the need to attend, though a fair majority had bothered to show up. Wally had been one of the first to the parking lot, putting up lawn chairs and stools for people to sit in. Fresh sweat dripped off him even as the wind started picking up, though he was all smiles as he greeted people when they arrived.

His sister, Binna had been trying to distract herself. Richard and her had no real time to talk, and to be honest, it was a lot. At the moment, she and Alastair were sat near the front. The doctor had brought a lot of paper work. One was a formal pitch for an off-site medical camp. Alastair helped hold all her papers while the two talked and laughed.

"Wait, wait, wait! You're implying you did surgery on someone famous, and you're not gonna tell me? Why can't you tell me?" Alastair acted mock-offended and gave a short laugh.

"Doctor-patient confidentiality. Look, you're the one who was prying! I can't give you much more than that."

Alastair gave the doctor a playful look. "The world is over. I don't think anyone would care."

Binna smirked, her hand landing on Alastair's knee. "Last time I checked, I could be considered anyone."

Passing by the two, Sister Carmen and Derek held hands. A slight uncomfortable look passed Carmen's face. Such innocent affection still made Carmen uncomfortable. She knew it was all in her head, but it didn't make Carmen feel any better. As they took a seat next to Winnie Sizemore and her partner Joe Davis, Derek nodded at the other couple. Joe and Derek were good friends, both being former military and from the area. The men got along swimmingly as did Winnie and Carmen.

Carmen could tell Joe was already "building up steam" as Winnie put it. His body was slowly turning a shade of red. While he would never yell at Winnie or his boys, everyone else was seemingly fair game. Joe had a few people who liked him, who understood him. These included Paul and his daughter, Sean, Derek, and of course Dean. Winnie had been able to help becoming more understanding of people, but it was a process.

"Joe." Winnie put her hands his shoulder as she gave the man a look of support. "Take a deep breath. I don't need you snapping today."

Derek nodded his head, his hand tapping on his knee. "Listen to your lady, Joe. I know you're not a fan of the people from the bus--"

"It's not about the fucking bus people, Derek." Joe interrupted. "A lot of them seem like good people. Alastair and Sarah, I like them. They've been good to my boys. But that doesn't change the fucking fact we let people in here willy nilly!" His red face seemed to cool down after a moment of pause. "Look, I'm not like Derek."

"Thank the Lord," Carmen chimed in.

"I'm not an isolationist. We just need better fixing plans, and maybe some better people in charge."

Ray and Brooke were standing at the front now. The kinds of things Joe was saying were echoed by a few others in the audience. Ray had heard the whispers all week and was none too pleased at the moment. His expression was firm, if not a bit sad. Brooke seemed to be pretending she hadn't heard anything, if she had heard anything at all.

"Everyone, everyone!" Brooke yelled, trying to get the attention of the group. "I need everyone to keep down for a moment so we can begin the discussion in full!" She waited a moment, exchanging a look with Ray before addressing the crowd again. "We've had so many big changes lately, I know this. We thought Fort Wayne to be devoid of life, so we began to reach out for new members through our radio system. This decision came with some controversy, but I believe it has breathed new life into Faith. The wall expansion has finally begun and we have so many new projects planned. Unfortunately though, for all the positive changes, we have run into some issues."

Ray nodded and opened his mouth to speak. "We..." He had to take a moment to compose himself. "Something our runners have recently discovered is a matter of concern. As you know, we have locations set up around the city for our runners to take safety when outside our walls. We also use these locations to store supplies for a time. Unfortunately, we have recently discovered some of these supplies having gone missing. We do not yet know why, but believe we are not as alone here as we once thought."

"We felt it was so important that everyone be informed," Brooke said, breaking in. "While we don't want anyone to panic, we also do not wish to leave anyone in the dark. We also want to assure everyone that we are not in danger of running out of supplies, for we have more than enough that some going missing would really impact us."

"This isn't easy, but we're trying our best," Ray said. His tone had turned grave. He sounded almost sad. "We love this community and we are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it thriving. We wanted the community's thoughts on this matter, and other matters, before it is too late."
"Of course herr Craig...." -the doctor finished his Cigar and tosses it over the wall to the outside. he went back to residing by the wall and thinking deeply on the situation they were in...he seemed to have been thinking for a long time cause the only thing that seemed to snap him out of it was a man calling out for a meeting. the doctor didn't feel the need to attend but he did listen in for the time being. hearing them mentioned the "Wall Expansion however caught his full attention. he began to listen well and upon hearing that supplies were still going missing he felt the need to check it out...however sneaking out would be hard if not impossible as he didn't seem to know the security around the place-

-The Doctor Went onto the Canteen or "Mess hall" as it was seem to be called. Strange even after being in America for a few years ,even prior to the Dead men rising, some words still either surprised or flat out confused the poor doctor. he though nothing over it and continued his walk as his crow Hugin, returned to his shoulder with the stench of decayed flesh on it's beak...- "Scavenging for food Mein little Vogel? as much as I like you, decayed flesh leaves an awful stench on your beak" -the man sighed softly and took out a wipe and applies a disinfectant to it before wiping the ravens beak.-

Carmen

Without missing a beat, Carmen stood up and took the floor. She could sense the discontent of some within the crowd, especially after hearing this news. Trying to smooth things over, she put on a soothing tone. "Now, just to be clear, if there is someone, or some group, taking our small supplies, the fact that that they haven't stormed in upon our gardens should be noted."

Wally raised his hand, not standing up formally. "How long have this even been going on, Ray? Let's put then card on the table. For those of us who are new, we didn't arrive here until, what, a few days before we found this place?"

"Whoever's been doing these activities, it must have been for a while," Carmen insisted. "Scouting out our supply drops would take time. But that doesn't necessarily mean we have a threat on the horizon. It could be just one person."

"What?!" Tucker shouted. "Why the hell you suggesting that? Are you saying...?"

Before Carmen could share her theory, Binna interjected. "Because look at our area. Julianna and I went over some reports. We have a bunch of shops and places we have cleared but haven't taken from. If there was another group, that wouldn't be a thing."

"She's right," Sean agreed, previously sitting silently in the corner. "I'm out there everyday, longer than most of you. If it was a group, I'd see signs. At most? We're dealing with one or two people. Three at most."

"So do we have cause to worry?" someone in the crowd asked. A light murmuring followed.

"It's our top priority," Derek said, raising his voice. "It's not something to ignore, but yes, we think our people are safe."

Carmen nodded her head, her eyes turned to Brooke, lingering on her a moment before moving to Ray. "Thank you for being so open and blunt about this," Carmen said sweetly. "But I must say, there are other matters we should discuss as a community." Carmen's gaze caught Conrad out of the corner of her vision.

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Crono Crono Charles Babel Charles Babel Zenterfold Zenterfold Selee-01 Selee-01 Gears Gears FellowKnight FellowKnight Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Patience Patience Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

-
Carmen

Without missing a beat, Carmen stood up and took the floor. She could sense the discontent of some within the crowd, especially after hearing this news. Trying to smooth things over, she put on a soothing tone. "Now, just to be clear, if there is someone, or some group, taking our small supplies, the fact that that they haven't stormed in upon our gardens should be noted."

Wally raised his hand, not standing up formally. "How long have this even been going on, Ray? Let's put then card on the table. For those of us who are new, we didn't arrive here until, what, a few days before we found this place?"

"Whoever's been doing these activities, it must have been for a while," Carmen insisted. "Scouting out our supply drops would take time. But that doesn't necessarily mean we have a threat on the horizon. It could be just one person."

"What?!" Tucker shouted. "Why the hell you suggesting that? Are you saying...?"

Before Carmen could share her theory, Binna interjected. "Because look at our area. Julianna and I went over some reports. We have a bunch of shops and places we have cleared but haven't taken from. If there was another group, that wouldn't be a thing."

"She's right," Sean agreed, previously sitting silently in the corner. "I'm out there everyday, longer than most of you. If it was a group, I'd see signs. At most? We're dealing with one or two people. Three at most."

"So do we have cause to worry?" someone in the crowd asked. A light murmuring followed.

"It's our top priority," Derek said, raising his voice. "It's not something to ignore, but yes, we think our people are safe."

Carmen nodded her head, her eyes turned to Brooke, lingering on her a moment before moving to Ray. "Thank you for being so open and blunt about this," Carmen said sweetly. "But I must say, there are other matters we should discuss as a community." Carmen's gaze caught Conrad out of the corner of her vision.
-The doctor came back with a tray of fruit and sat down somewhere whilst listening in- '2 or 3 people stealing from us?....like mice they hide in the dark and steal when no one's looking' -the doctor thought to himself. deciding to but in he brought up an idea he had- "Miss Carmen you mentioned they target our supplies. Shouled we set up a mimic supply building and have it trapped? a simple tarp or rug over a pre-dug hole would be effective yes?" -he said standing up and looking her direction-

"Even one person can do plenty of damage if they are smart enough, and being able to evade detection for so long means they are smart enough to be at least a minor threat. If we don't deal with this now things will escalate." Eddie said stepping forward. He knew his younger age might discredit his credit but he knew that a few survivors would agree.

9518653da204e3d62aa72bc2ebf71d89.jpg
As soon as Dr. Hatch entered the room, Birdie leapt to her feet - crossing her arms and peering at him through the corners of her eyes. Wanting to make clear, feelings hadn't changed just because the world ended. Although, she was happy to see him alive - she'd never let him know it. To show her disrespect for the doctor, she addressed Ray without so much as blinking in Gus's direction. "Most of the farms out in Roanoke had small 1-2 person bunkers, the one on my farm ain't got no food left. As far as the Thorns go..." She said, pretending to continue her conversation with Ray, when really she was just concerned with making sure she could get under Gus's skin a little - unintentionally overlooking his question on how much they had seen. "I heard the old coot started setting up boobietraps when things went down the shitter. And things were rough enough as it was, without needing to deal with traps..." As Ray made his graceful exit, Birdie finally turned towards hatch with an evil grin that not many people got to see. She began to tap her fingers on one arm as the door closed behind them, her junk jewelry jingling the seconds she'd been calculating on what to say to Gus. Cinder noticed the air in the room change and immediately felt like she was out of place and didn't belong. Awkward, she felt awkward.... She shuffled in her chair a bit before muttering quietly "Should... I go...?" she was trying to think of reasons Ray wouldn't have heard of her parents. Maybe, they were in a different city - maybe they didn't take the flight at all... She would be determined to find a way, to hold onto her hope. Even if it wasn't rational. Birdie hadn't heard her granddaughter at all, her attention was fixed on Gus. "Well, well, well... Look what the cat dragged in." She grinned. "I should have known you'd still be kicking around, only the good die young." Her words aired on the side of cruel but she didn't want to start a fight with the man, just poke at him a little bit. So she quickly changed her tune. "It's good to know this town has a reliable Doctor, seems like good people here...." She patted her shirt pocket instinctively looking for a pack of cigarettes, dropping her hands when there was none to be found. The truth was, she had mixed feelings about Gus ruminating for many years. He was a big part of her life for a while and she thoroughly enjoyed picking on him. But that wasn't all, he was a feeling of familiarity, reliability and a reminder of when things were good. Until they weren't anymore and the two had become a safe harbor for bad blood. Waiting out the storm in their bunker, with not much to do gave her a lot of time to think about her life and what she would have done differently. Decidedly, she'd have changed nothing relating to Gus! But, if she ever saw him again - she'd want to make things right. 'Old Broad' she thought to herself, all reconciliation had flown out the window at that statement. It definitely gave her a good chuckle inside. But how could she have ever wanted to make things right with this man!? Cinder just waited nervously and thought to herself, how she hadn't been called Cynthia since she last saw her parents....

"Y'all got any leads on who might be stealin' the supplies?" Lionheart's gruff voice echoed through the area as he sat arms crossed looking at Ray and the others. "Not like they wouldn't leave any traces behind them. Or we got a little ghost problem?" He pondered if he should say something else but, "Are these supply places hidden? Like are the runners the only ones who know about them or could ya find them if ya snooped around?"

Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh @RestoftheGroup

Parking Lot Meeting
Conrad

Arriving at the meeting among the crowd rather than getting their early or late was exactly what Conrad planned. He didn't want to sit around idly or rush to try and grab a seat after things had kicked off. His talk with Sister Carmen hadn't gone at all as he'd expected when he woke up this morning, but maybe it was for the best. This meeting was the best place to voice the thoughts of a council, and Carmen insisted there was enough people uncomfortable with how things were going that it would be met with a backing of a number of the community.

When the topic of stolen supplies was brought up he was surprised to hear it had been multiple locations. He'd been among those to find one of the outposts had been looted, but hadn't been privy to the information that it was an ongoing situation. While he understood not telling people to cause a panic, Conrad felt those on security should probably be in the know early on to be extra watchful on the walls or a higher alert if they go beyond them. He had to let out a deep breath to avoid getting frustrated before he even had a chance to speak on the planned topic. Sure enough it wasn't long, and the Sister wasn't entirely subtle with her cue. Or maybe it was because he was expecting it, who knows. There were still those speaking up on the supply topic, but once they quieted down Conrad stood up whilst looking at the stage.

"Considering recent events, and the population growing larger. I think we need to add to the leadership team." After his words, the man glanced to his right to gauge some faces before turning back to the stage. Conrad was trying to choose his words to be more diplomatic, rather than speaking his mind as per the Sister's suggestion. He knew well if he spoke his mind it wouldn't go over well or just turn the meeting into an angrier being in itself, and that's not what he wanted. "Like that New Haven run, you both went." He was speaking directly to Ray and Brooke at this point. "Ray nearly got himself killed to begin with," Okay, maybe it wasn't entirely easy to keep from slipping up. "But if things had gone worse and neither of you had made it back, then this place would have been in disarray."

"We can't have that. There needs to be a backup plan, and the simplest fix is having more people in a leadership position."
It was probably more than he needed to say to get the discussion started, but he needed to get some words out so he did that.
Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Gears Gears Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Zenterfold Zenterfold @AnyoneElseThatJoins​
coded by reveriee.

Dr. Hatch

While everyone seemed to be at the meeting, Gus wasn't there. No, instead, Gus chose to watch over the new arrivals. His mind was still ablaze from recent events.

Sitting at a desk with his crossword at hand, Gus peered over his book, observing Doctor Sykes. Gus was well aware of the man by his reputation alone. The man was a genius; he had a once in a generation talent. In his younger days, Gus was obsessed with the medical journal. His wife at the time always teased him with a playful mocking routine. A slight smirk graced Hatch's face. Yet, she was the one who put up with it for twenty-something years of marriage.

So, during his years of reading, he knew exactly who this man was. The thing Richard had accomplished as a pioneer in the field, some of these people wouldn't even be able to begin to fathom. However, the man being here just brought Gus' mood lower. Richard wasn't even the first doctor here who had their name in the journal articles.

Then there was Birdie. He could feel her beedy little eyes staring a hole into him. As he worked on his puzzle, the more he thought about his feelings. As much as neither one would like to admit it, the two were a lot closer than they would like to admit. When Gus came back from the war, his soon-to-be wife followed. That woman soon met Birdie, and the two became inseparable.

He and his wife at the time would watch her kids, basically taking over when Birdie needed a break. It was time she used to recover physically and emotionally from her monster of a husband while also protecting her children. As a result, Birdie's daughter, Sadie, and Gus' wife built a special bond. The two always kept in touch. Even after the events of her father's murder, his wife played peacemaker between Birdie and her daughter.

Gus's eyes slid toward Cynthia. Sure, Birdie called her Cinder, but Gus wasn't entertaining Birdie's proxy war.

As he studied the girl, he was brought back twenty years ago. His wife had hosted Sadie and her new baby, Cynthia, when they wanted the baby to meet Birdie for the first time. The mother and daughter's relationship had previously been torn apart and were going to use his house as a neutral site.

The memory of that day burned inside Gus's head. He remembered everything. His wife's perfume (a lemon-mint mixture), to the color of the car Sadie drove (a baby blue rental). It played in his mind, clear as day.

He remembered seeing baby Cynthia, her shining smile. He remembered holding the child. He remembered the look in his wife's eye. That was going to be their future. Even into their forties, the couple was expecting their own child...

His mind snapped out of the memory. A slight rage rattled him now, rushing down his spine. The past was the past. Gus wanted to leave it there.

Looking again at Birdie, he put the crossword puzzle down. "What do you want to say, Birdie? I know you have something to say."

Patience Patience FellowKnight FellowKnight

Birdie had been trying to console her emotionless Granddaughter, convinced she was upset and burying her emotions. Cinder was in fact upset - but not for the reasons Birdie assumed. Two years of waiting out this catastrophe in a tiny barebones bunker, cramped and crowded with dried food and toiletries taking up most of the space. Only ever getting a moments peace when she had to go to the bathroom. She became fixated on leaving, finding her parents and returning home to a normal life. It became pretty clear to her after the first time they left the bunker, that she'd never find her friends or her family and life as she knew it - would never return to the way it was. "I'm sure they're out there somewhere kiddo...." Birdie said patting her back softly. Cinder stared blankly at the wall deep in her own thoughts, honestly just tired of the constant coddling. She just wanted to be left alone. Birdies gaze drifted from her granddaughter to Gus, just sitting there like he owned the place. When he caught her staring at him, she let out a small puff of air "Well, I always have something to say. But it ain't to you!" Her smirk turned into a charming smile as she leaned in the direction of the other man in the room. The one with whom she was not yet acquainted. She rested her chin on her right hand as she spoke to the handsome gray haired man. "It's been about 2 years, give or take - since I seen so many handsome people in one place, if you don't count that one there behind the desk." She winked as she extended her other hand towards him in greeting. "You can call me Birdie and the youngin' beside me is
a937f5add0639dd71152a21a5291c0ae.jpg
my granddaughter Cynthia. What's a gentlemen like yourself doing in a place like this?" She smiled warmly at the man, ignoring Gus entirely. After a few minutes, Cinder stood up and walked towards the door. Turning towards Gus as she got there, "Is there a bathroom anywhere?" She asked quietly, shuffling her feet a little.

Richard

"Binna, Binna.. Doctor House!" Richard chuckled as a knowing smile danced over his lips. His time working alongside the young doctor flowered in his mind, and relief washed over him as the memory resurfaced. "Yes.. I do in fact. We worked together, for many years before all this madness. She's here, and well? I'm glad.. Very glad." He had resigned long ago that Binna and many of his other talented colleagues were dead, or among the walking. Despite their differences in the past, he was glad to be wrong. Steady hands and strong minds like hers were hard to come by, after all.

Derek was less than forthcoming on what she'd been up to, and Richard had realized he was only stalling until Ray arrived. And after a brisk encounter with the leader of Faith, he wasn't sure he'd see Binna anytime soon anyways. Not that his residence here was in question. He got the sense newcomers were on easy street here, seeing how quickly he was walked in and settled. Ray struck him as a humble man regardless, a softer touch to the hard-shelled Derek. He'd go so far as saying the soldier didn't have authority in legitimizing newcomers, only scoping them out. Maybe he didn't have much authority at all, beyond his gun.

Richard would do well not to underestimate the wrong end of that gun, either.

He was escorted to a spare classroom under the watchful eye of a Gus Hatch, in the company of two other newcomers, who he'd yet to be acquainted with. The pair must've been related in the way they seemed protective of each-other, one leading the wagon while younger followed, something like that. Not that goes without saying: you don't trifle with a woman who smokes cigars that big.

Doctor Hatch had been in the corner of his eye for a while now. Besides being a fellow doctor once removed, and a local of Fort Wayne, he was a member of Faith's medical team and could probably lend insight on a number of things about Faith itself. Things the soldier would rather not share. Not that it was guaranteed he would, if he knew much to spare. Besides, gossip-mongering was hardly all the good doctor could be capable of; his skill as an orthopedic might prove uniquely useful for Richard's own research.

The air was tense between Gus and the smoking woman, and Richard would have gone out on a limb to say they had a personal history. A score to settle as it were. Although he was thoroughly surprised when the woman, Birdie, turned on him with a spark in her eye and a devilish grin, introducing her granddaughter Cynthia as well. He realized he had to pick his words rather carefully, as he could feel Gus watching the two of them. A large part of him wished he didn't have to.

Taking her hand up tenderly, Richard nearly gasped at the woman's astonishing strength. His lips curled into a wicked smirk of their own accord, as he squeezed just as hard. "Richard. I could ask the same of you, Ms. Birdie. You picked a bad time to fall from heaven, you know." He chuckled, appreciating how bold the woman was, though realized it had been some time since he, well, met anyone. Not that he needed to share that. "I suppose if you wander for long enough nowadays, you're bound to come across a snake-pit, or an oasis. My cards were kind enough to give me the oasis, this time." He crossed one leg over the other, gesturing to Gus with a 'hands-up' maneuver.

"Not to pry but.. Do you two know each other?" Richard could very well guess the answer, but he wanted to try and shimmy out of the spotlight.

Josh Josh Patience Patience

Heidi

Heidi hung her head in shame at Tucker's question. "No.." She realized her words probably cut both ways more than she intended. Tucker may have been uptight at times, a bit of a stiff when it came to letting loose and having fun and treating yourself. Yet he'd been nothing but good to her, patient and understanding under some of the worst times. Sure he drove her crazy sometimes, but the feeling was certainly mutual. All he was really guilty of was trying too hard to impress the wrong people, but he deserved the good-boyfriend credit.

It just.. well, it scared her how fine a line he was drawing between himself and Dean recently, the fact that he might've looked up to him. Now this thing with a kid he hadn't even seen, wanting to act out before they knew what was going on. She'd made the occasional joke about it, but she hated what Binna was going through with Dean, how much of a headache he must've been. Not that he had much brains to himself. If they managed to last, Heidi decided she didn't want that with Tucker. Or anyone, really.

She did perk up at the mention of the apartment basements, specifically the bit on historical memorabilia. "who knows what y'all find" Heidi smirked at that, knowing that Tucker knew her ways. She couldn't tell if he was baiting her or simply trying to lighten the discussion, but she definitely didn't care. With Alastair's radio show getting friction, she'd wanted to cobble together a roster of interesting stories for her history-drama series. She knew Gus and Derek had served in separate wars, for example, but they obviously weren't keen to open up about that stuff. Even still, this kind of stuff was right up her alley.

She'd been holding onto a hope that, in spite of the meeting, she and a few others could head over to the apartments anyways and snoop around. Andrew and Jemma would've been game, but Paul coming back earlier squashed all that. Tomorrow is another day, that one voice reasoned. But with everyone distracted by the meeting.. it was just too perfect.

Finding Elyse, Heidi learned Mona had gone to the meeting, along with a good portion of the community. She wouldn't have to worry about Billie, he'd probably sleep through the whole thing, and if Carmen had gone then Derek wasn't far behind her. There was just one diaper-wearing, snot-spewing straggler. Amelia had barely broken a sweat since Mona left her in Elyse's care, and the older woman was kind enough in handing her off to Heidi; she wouldn't say anything, but Heidi could tell she was getting tired of playing baby-sitter on top of her own responsibilities. Mona was doing her best, taking on more shifts in the gardens while juggling Amelia, but Billie needed to step up sooner or later. Heidi moved "kick Billie's sorry ass" further up her to-do list.

"Listen up, you little punk, we're on a mission, okay? Top-secret, locked-safe type stuff." Heidi moved between the empty greenhouse and the mostly abandoned gardens, keeping her promise to cover Elyse's leftover duties. She handed the miniature gremlin a twig as she worked, careful not to let her chew on it. "That means no fussing, no vomiting in my face, and no drool! And don't rat me out like you did last time, got it?... You're a baby, you can't answer, just-- nevermind!"

About forty-five minutes after the meeting had gotten underway, Amelia was all tuckered out and Heidi fitted her in a baby-carrier, with a pair of little earmuffs. It wasn't guaranteed to do much, but it was better than nothing if she was stealthin' it. She had to make one pitstop at the school, specifically to a small filing office connected to Ray's. Two weeks back, Billie had confiscated her 'special toolkit' as part of a stupid punishment and took it to Ray, trying to "curb her behavior". What was he trying to prove? Aside from how funny it would be when she took it back, that is.

Getting into the school was easy enough, with most everyone either out to the meeting or covering for those who were. Breaking into that spare office though, that would be another jam altogether. There were two doors: one connecting directly to Ray's office, another to the outside hallway. She crouched under the door's viewing window and moved along the wall to the other locked door. Luckily she brought a handy-dandy wire hanger, bent at a ninety-degree angle.

All she had to do was feed it under the door and pull that handle. While making sure little miss snitches-a-lot didn't wake up. And no one walked up on her. Perfect odds, really.

(potentially Patience Patience or Josh Josh ) @AnyoneElseThatJoins

Mona + Billie

Mona nodded along as a pang of guilt struck through her. While she had provided an explanation on how supplies would be reimbursed and repurposed, it was admittedly short-winded and un-detailed. She'd caught wind that Faith may have been struggling supply wise, but the way Brooke phrased it, "state of upheaval" and "lucky to have what we have"? That sounded pretty drastic, and left Mona wondering: just how bad was it? But her dejection was swallowed by relief as Brooke changed on a dime, suggesting they recruit more of the newcomers and make it more of a team effort.

Mona wouldn't deny she liked the premise of working closer with Wally, but even people like Sam the wrestler, Sarah, Alastair, and that Voidsman guy were all solid picks. Not that there would be a shortage of work to go around and helping hands to volunteer.

No sooner had Mona had beamed her thanks, Brooke was off to get ready for the meeting, leaving her to stew on the turn of events. It was a damn good idea. Originally only a few of the outsiders had been considered for the celebration, given the controversy around them and leadership. Brooke had the right idea: this might have been just the fix she needed to sway public opinion back to her side, or at least cut through some of the rumors and gossip. Either way, Mona agreed that Faith needed this, maybe now more than ever. It wouldn't fix it all at once, but it was a step in the right direction.

As the meeting kicked off with a reasonable turnout, Mona listened intently as the gossip she heard was given ground. Their supplies were being raided, and no one knew how, or who was responsible. Now Brooke's words were making a lot of sense. Her stomach turned at Carmen's suggestion, though. For all the talk and shade around Ray and Brooke, it was rumors like that that could do the real damage. They'd breed paranoia, cause people to lose trust in each other. It was dangerous.

And Carmen herself.. She was sweet and genuine as far as anyone could tell, and the two had spent more and more time talking after Junette. And Mona would never claim to be an empath or any other nonsense like that, but there was something off in Carmen, in how courtly the woman was. Given the state of the world and everything in it.

Little doubt was left between Sean and Binna's reports. It made more sense that this phantom group march in on them and take things over, whereas a couple people, even just one.. The thought made her spine-tingle, and she noticed the suspiciously turning heads in the room, the side-glances. A tangible chill was in the air, and Mona hated that she had to sit quietly through it. But maybe it was for the best. Her parade could be the silver-lining here, one of many to help lift the others up. Whoever this was would be caught, no doubt, and things could finally start getting back to normal. So long as no one did anything rash here.

"I do!" Billie shuffled between people standing on the outskirts, making a b-line for the front. Sleep was messily plastered on his face, his hair was a mess, and he was followed by the aroma of cheap deodorant and coffee. But he didn't care. His moment was here, and his voice would be heard. "I have proof this is a group! Uhrm, one sec.."

"Billie!" Mona hissed in a whisper as he passed her, immediately regretting her outburst.

"Shh!" Billie kept on.

He popped the head off the black tube-case he'd been carrying and produced a large map of Fort Wayne. It was covered with bright marker, circling out their supply caches and pointing to others. Indiscernible and hasty scrawlings littered the paper as well, footnotes Billie had made of the pattern he'd found out. Even the front row had no hope to make sense of it. Billie slapped a finger on several of the crossed out supply caches, presumably having been raided, tracing along the arrows.

"We all know what kind of state Fort Wayne is in. It's unlivable outside our walls, between the dead and the unstable buildings. One person, even a couple, couldn't make it on their own. And our caches are spread out, hidden in obscure spots that don't always stay clear. And they're loaded, too heavy for one or a few people to get out by themselves," He realized he was trembling, but didn't let up. "I think we're looking at a group of twenty, a force big enough to secure a home base, but small enough to follow our runners to the caches, to hide out in those burnt buildings we think are abandoned. They could have their own network that way, to spy on us, to follow us, I don't know, but.."

He tapped on a blue marked circle with red arrows pointing to it for emphasis. It indicated Worthington Manor Apartments, several blocks down from Faith. "This is where they're holding up. Just a hop, skip, and jump from our gates. You runners will remember this building took a hit in the early days, fire and rubble everywhere, except.." He dropped the map and fished out another, of Fort Wayne's sewer system. A maze of winding tunnels, colored in with black sharpie, except for one solid path leading to a service area about where the building would set. A red marker lined out this path as it circled around the city, even directly under Faith. A fat, triumphant X was placed over the service area, at the path's end.

"Underground, the sewers! Most of it is flooded, or collapsed, but this path here is unblocked! And there's an access point leading to a big maintenance chamber, all under the apartments! From there, the group has perfect distance to watch us, pick up our patterns, take from us, and scurry back home. And when they get good and ready, they will storm our gardens."

A cursory glance told him the room probably wasn't sold. "I.. I know how it all looks. How I look.. It's all crazy. But I know I'm right! I stand by it. I've been out there like many of you have, maybe longer," He looked across at Sean, but didn't linger. "And this is what I found. These people are smart. These missing supplies might not be all they're responsible for. They could've shot and robbed Conrad for all we know. Who knows how long they're been around, what they're capable of! They.. They kidnapped my wife. Could be torturing her for all I know. Learning about us, finding our caches. It's not the new people. They've had a week and a half to clean us out, instead they're painting, doing radio shows, helping us build more walls."

"..All I'm saying is we can't leave even one stone unturned. Especially with something this dangerous." He put the maps back in the case and left it on the stage for Ray or Brooke, going to find a seat somewhere in the crowd. Mona glared across at him, but said nothing as the discussion moved forward.

Crono Crono Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Gears Gears Patience Patience The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies @Restofthegroup

Last edited:
Hatch

Rolling his eyes, Gus was not shocked by the old woman's response. Some things would never change. He thought Birdie had a very bitter steak, not that he could blame her given her history. Still.

As he got up to talk to Cynthia, his jaw hit the floor at Richard's and Birdie's flirty interaction. His slumped shoulder shot up as he looked at the two. "I'm guessing you've been out there long enough to accept anything, Doctor Syke?' Gus asked, an amused tone evident in his voice. "You know, I've read all your papers. Neuromuscular medicine and developmental care. A literal forefather in the field." Gus looked at Birdie, explaining for her benefit. "Your paper about muscular dystrophy in children years ago was a revelation."

Taking a step back to Richard's second question, Gus' face contorted. "Yeah, she was friends with my late wife," he said through gritted teeth. It was not information he wanted to give up easily. He couldn't even say her name. His eyes went manic for a moment before settling down and he looked back at Cynthia. "Go to the end of the hall, make a left, than two doors down. It's on your right."

Patience Patience FellowKnight FellowKnight

Katja

As Heidi worked on the door, a presence soon loomed over her.

"Girl, what are you doing?"

The voice of a woman with an Eastern European accent hit Heidi's ears. It was thick, but not clear where in the east of Europe it originated. The woman who loomed over Heidi was average height and somewhere in her forties. Her skin was tan and sun-kissed. Her wild but spotless hair ran down her shoulders.

The woman was named Katja and she was a mystery to most of Faith. One day she stormed the gate with an uzi and a spear, causing a fight. It turned out the uzi was empty, so it resulted in an even melee match with Derek. Thankfully, Joe and Sean arrived soon after to subdue her.

Since then, she had been in her own room on the school's top floor. Doctor Hatch or Juli typically gave Katja her meds every morning and people like Derek, Joe, and his family visited her. Katja rarely left her room, only to take a shower or to deliver the socks she knitted in exile.

Without waiting for a response, Katja pushed Heidi aside gently, not waking the baby. "Move," she hissed.

Looking at the door, Katja pulled out her knife. It was a combat knife, thin and elegant. Sticking it in-between the door's side, she jiggled it tenderly, and soon a tiny "pop" sounded as the door opened.

Katja pivoted back to the girl and the baby. "Need anything else, little girl and baby?"

Meeting

Looking at Sam, Sean nodded. "Yeah. That's the thing, the supply drops are heavily vetted and always changing. Finding some of these locations would be hard. Finding them and avoiding the biters and us? Seems impossible."

As the questions came in, it seemed everyone was bouncing and ready to chime in.

Responding to Eddie, Doctor Binna seemingly agreed with a nod before speaking. "Eddie, right?" The doctor made the effort to sign for Elliot's benefit, who was sitting nearby. "I am worried but-- and not to undersell the taking of our stuff, but at a certain point, isn't it safer to let them take a little?" Murmurs could be heard.

Binna wasn't one to contradict Ray and Brooke. She was loyal to both of them; however, Binna knew the truth. They weren't in that difficult of a situation. Technically, they had a surplus. The party line was to play everything down as they couldn't get too comfortable too quickly. Looking at Ray, Binna said, "I think we can afford the net loss. Every ecosystem has its scavengers and the like."

"Like the rhino and that bird?" Jasper chimed in. Binna was dumbstruck; her eyes blinked rapidly. "Come again?"

Jasper stood up. "You know the Savannah, where the rhinos live in Africa? This bird eats the bugs off the rhino. They help each other out, you feel me? The rhino becomes bugless, and the bird gets a meal without doing much work."

Joe shook his head. "What the hell do we get if we do this?"

"No unnecessary conflict," Binna replied, her tone dripping with professionalism.

As Billie took the stage, a pin drop could be heard. It was painful to watch. Binna couldn't help but feel for him. She offered to watch the baby, but he never gave her up. He needed sleep, she could tell. He was manic.

"Billie," Derek spoke, a concerned expression plastered on his face, his head swiveling as he seemed to watch other people's reactions. "We've talked about this. Once a week, Danny, James, and I sweep down there. There is no way you're right, bud."

Red-faced in the corner, Sean was nonplussed. Standing up, he calmly and rapidly snatched the map, his eyes glaring at the man. "Don't," Sean warned, angry in the face, but his voice was chilling. He was cerebral.

"Just because your wife is missing doesn't mean you can make up some boogieman. Fuck, I searched in the freezing rain for three days, and the only thing I caught was a cold."

Pacing away a moment, he turned back to Billie. "We get it, you're in pain, but for your sake, no. For your kids' sake, let it go. She already lost a mom, and it's best if you man up and start acting like her father."

"Sean," Sister Carmen spoke softly. "That wasn't needed."

"Yeah it was. Someone has to shoot straight with him. We owe it to him."

Crono Crono Zenterfold Zenterfold Charles Babel Charles Babel Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 FellowKnight FellowKnight Gears Gears Patience Patience The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

"Like the rhino and that bird?" Jasper chimed in. Binna was dumbstruck; her eyes blinked rapidly. "Come again?"

Jasper stood up. "You know the Savannah, where the rhinos live in Africa? This bird eats the bugs off the rhino. They help each other out, you feel me? The rhino becomes bugless, and the bird gets a meal without doing much work."

Joe shook his head. "What the hell do we get if we do this?"

"No unnecessary conflict," Binna replied, her tone dripping with professionalism.
Andrew rolled his eyes.

“Buuuuuullshit,” he drawled. “Do you know what happens when you feed wild animals? They keep coming back, grow dependent, et. cetera. People do the same thing. They’re never appeased for long."

He flexed the fingers of his broken arm, wishing more than ever that he was actually functional, not a helpless- stop, he told himself, cutting that train of thought.

“We need to find these people, and lay down the law, or we’ll have more than walkers to contend with."

Meeting

"Lay down the law?" Doctor Roberts said with a sorrowful look. While Binna understood Andrew's feelings, the boy was being glib. "These are people, Andrew! We don't even know why they are doing this! For all we know, they're just trying to get by, just like we are! I've seen bloodshed over issues like these. It never works out, and more importantly, never worth it in hindsight! We need more information. We should leave notes with our supplies, offer them a meeting, and give them a chance to explain. We should lead with diplomacy!" Binna was full-on preaching now. What Andrew said apparently hit a nerve. "We're not going to kill someone or go to war because they stole half a bottle of Oxytocin, a couple of cans of corn, and a bag of Starburst jelly beans!"

The crowd was quiet. Alastair looked Binna in the eye before he addressed the group himself.

"Doctor Roberts has a point. Except for the Starburst Jelly Beans. I might go to war for those." Alastair laughed, and though there was the slightest hint of nervousness in his laugh, it caused Binna to laugh as well. The laugh turned out to be infectious and giggles rippled through the crowd—even Sean, famous for never seeming to smile, let out a deep breath and flashed a brief smirk.

As Conrad took the floor, the mood changed, like air was let out of a balloon.

Standing up first, Joe took center stage. His partner, Winnie, was already looking weary and a tad fearful.

Turning to Ray and Brooke, the man sighed. His eyes met with Brookes and he glared at her. The two had history, and it was known they had fought on occasion.

"I'll be blunt and cut to the chase: I don't like you, Brooke. Maybe even hate you." His bluntness shocked some people. While everybody knew they had issues, this was not something people were expecting.

"Joe, don't--"

"Winnie, no, I'm tired of this," Joe said calmly. His eyes turned back towards his lady, then back to the co-leader. "I know part of the reason I wasn't picked to take over for Dean was that you just don't like me. Does it have something to do with Wally being Doctor B's brother? Maybe." He shrugged. "I don't give a fuck, honestly. I'll be the first to admit Wally is doing a damn fine job." He paused. Those who looked at Wally's face would notice shock. In Wally's mind, Joe had been nothing but harsh to him, almost second-guessing every choice. After some time, Joe found the words he was searching for.

"The fact is, after what you did in October when you attacked Winnie for bringing up her concerns about the harvest, about which most people agreed with her on, was un-fucking-acceptable!" Joe barked. "You never once admit when you fuck up! This whole thing could have been avoided by you just admitting you were the one at fault. But no! You're too proud, causing this to fester into cancer. Hell, maybe that's not the real reason. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit for being self-aware. We all know you hate Winnie for some reason!" Joe was shouting now, causing a few heads to turn out of concern and fear. "Not that anyone knows why! Here's what the thing though, Brooke, that is not even the only issue! Do you even know Doctor Roberts has been having the runners give her the run reports directly? Do you know why? Because the way you run your shop is too sloppy!"

Derek had not moved or even made much of an expression during Joe's rant, but he did clear his throat once the other man was done. "Everyone, remember to keep it civil," he declared. "Keep it constructive."

Binna's face turned red, looking away from Brooke. Joe was right, but she still didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus. What bugged her as well was Joe wasn't a runner. This wasn't well-known info. Who told him? "He is telling the truth, Brooke. I've been doing it for a few weeks. Mostly it was just Danny and Paul. It's just..."

Ben cut in. "It's my fault, Brooke," Ben admitted, standing up. "I asked Binna too. I've just have had so much on my plate, and sometimes the way you do things? It was hard to follow if I got three different types of reports filled out in three different styles. I'm not a young man anymore."

Joe looked at Ray. "I know this is probably pissing you off, but it has to be said. Maybe Brooke shouldn't be in change."

Elyse stood up, shaking her head like a disappointed grandmother at Joe. "You made your point, " she chided Joe. "Before ya'll start a with this witch trial, take a minute to take a step back and think. Things have been good under these two. While we all sometimes get a desire for change, what we need to ask is will this be a good change? Does this put Faith in a better position? My guy says no."

Carmen shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She stood and maneuvered herself to replace Joe, who took a few humble steps back after what Elyse said.

"Well," Carmen sighed and a sad, confused smile crossed her lips. She tapped her fingers tapped on her thigh like a drum beat. "Not to kick you when your down, Brooke, and while I don't agree, he does speak for some people." Carmen motioned to the group. "I was going to warn you this morning, but you blew me off. I'm sorry."

Father Craig flashed Carmen a confused look. It would be obvious to anyone that knew the true Carmen that her words were very specifically chosen to add fuel to the fire. Craig just wondered what the game here was.

Regardless of how others might have reacted, Carmen continued with an even tone. "Now, Conrad has a fair point. As some of you might know, I've been asking members of our group on who you'd suggest leading Faith if something happened to Ray and Brooke.''

"But nothing has happened to Ray or Brooke," Paul said, but Carmen continued undeterred.

Opening her purse, the Sister pulled out a notebook with her name on the front. "Now, Doctor Roberts, Derek, and Conrad all came in a statistical tie for first. Followed by Dean, Father Craig, James, and Elliot." Dean's name invoked a slightly hidden look of disdain on Carmen's face as she held back the roll of her eyes. "Now could do this two ways. One, Ray stays in charge, Brooke gets dismissed, and a council of five is established. Next, and this might be the easiest way, we have a triad. Ray stays on top of the pyramid, still being our leader. However, Conrad and Doctor Roberts join as the other two corners. All of Ray's decisions must be approved by at least one, with them having the ability to veto him. If one of the two is away, on a mission or such, the department heads take the spot with a majority vote. If something tragic happens to Ray, either one of them lets the other one take the top spot, or we vote on who's on top and a new part of the pyramid."

While the council was the idea Carmen pitched to Conrad, this was the Sister's ideal scenario. Her gut told her Conrad would be less than thrilled on this pitch, and Carmen favored the saying it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

This wasn't about Conrad, Binna, or even Ray. This was about Faith. These three people were the best to lead. Ray was well-loved. He was the face of Faith. He needed to be involved. Conrad, not a fan apparently of being a leader, did have natural leadership abilities in Carmen's opinion. He was a little rash and hardheaded, but he was willing to hear people out. And Doctor Roberts was a former leader in her past community, she had seen what happens when a place goes to hell. Unlike the two men she would be working with, she did have natural political instincts. Binna was cool-headed and cautious but willing to take risks and make the hard choices when needed.

Binna was caught off-guard, her jar hitting the floor. Her eyes turned to Conrad. Binna was happy to be the head of medicine, but truth be told, she didn't want to be a leader. All it caused her last time was pain.

"I do not know what to say,'" Binna admitted, looking at Conrad still. "As long as I can still run medical, If Faith wants me to step up, I'm willing."

Crono Crono Zenterfold Zenterfold Charles Babel Charles Babel Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 FellowKnight FellowKnight Gears Gears Patience Patience The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

Birdie gave the grey fox a wink as he met her shake with the same respect, then threw her head back to cackle at his smooth remarks. She always enjoyed a person who could read a room and add to the fun. In truth, she never much enjoyed the company of women. Gus's late wife, being the rare exception that was too few and far in-between. She would mostly attribute that to her mother and mother-in-law being absolute push-overs that never stood up for her when she needed it. 'Be obedient Jolene, honor your husband Jolene,' it burned in her memory like a cigarette butt. Small, barely aglow, but still there in the dark of her mind. Her hazel eyes cut sharply to Gus as he talked down. Even though she knew him pretty well and definitely knew she should have expected that remark, it caught her off-guard after not having seen him for so long. She turned to him in a mocking tone "Why thank you ever-so-kindly, for explaining such big words on my behalf. Your wife would have been so proud of you, looking out for us lesser educated women like that." She removed her hat to hold to her chest, as she batted her eyelashes at him mockingly. Her hair fluffed up like dry straw that seemed to settle itself in loose, stiff waves. Before turning back to Richard she noticed her granddaughter slipping out of the room quietly and felt an immediate sense of anxiety. Relax, we're in a safe space, it's just the bathroom... She thought, but she couldn't turn off the fears she had looming in the background. She took a deep breath before refocusing on the other two in the room. "Before all this nonsense though, I'd say Gus was pretty well known for being able to hold his liquor through a good game of Texas Holdem." She leaned back towards Richard on her elbow. "I don't know if you play, but that might be a fun evening some time." She looked back at Gus and smiled with a face that showed challenge. "I'm not too acquainted with poker, but I'm sure you could use some pals to play with. Besides, us ('old fools' she whispered) sages should stick together, you know? Gotta keep all this wisdom under lock and key."

a937f5add0639dd71152a21a5291c0ae.jpg
Cinder slipped out the door quietly as Dr. Hatch spoke. Hearing the last of his directions as she clicked the door closed behind her. She took a deep breath, relishing in absolute peace until she heard the jiggling and scratching of a metal doorknob. She peered around the corner of the door frame to see an older woman picking a lock. There was another figure as well, but she mashed herself back against the door before she could understand the details. 'There was no way, they didn't see me' she thought to herself. 'Maybe I should just... Head on to the bathroom?' She didn't know why they were picking a lock, just that - if you are picking a lock it's not because you want to be caught doing it. She felt around the door behind her for the handle, wondering if she should just go back inside where she was and tell them what was happening. She sat with her thoughts for a few seconds, really not wanting to be back in there but also not wanting to be in danger. She didn't know what to think.

Heidi

“What?Nothing!” Heidi spoke faster than she could think, instinctively hiding her hands and swiveling around.

What she saw scared her more than being caught, or any punishment that came with it. What she saw was under lock-and-key for a reason, and didn’t exist outside of shadow and rumor. A silhouette seen in a distant window, a blur at the edge of your vision, the thing under your bed. A thick accent and low voice, that spoke rarely but had all of Faith talking months later.

Was she a CIA agent, settling down to teach martial arts in the old world? Or a cop with a nose to be a super-detective, solving the most elusive of crimes? Some went as far as saying she was a spy sent for the downfall of America, or a sleeper-cell from Russia. But Heidi had a name for her. Because there was no-one else like her in all of Faith.

It was Baba Yaga. Though some had called her Katja, no one knew if that was her real name at all.

Heidi only saw her leave that room once, and she’d followed her. She was delivering something and moved a lot faster than Heidi thought she would. Wasn’t long before Katja lost her, and left the girl feeling as though she was being watched. As if Katja knew she was being followed. Heidi didn’t try to spy on her again. And even just now, she didn’t hear her sneak up, didn’t hear a footstep..

Heidi glanced around as the witch-spy-detective jammed a knife in the door’s locking pin and started to fiddle with it. It didn’t take her a few seconds, but Heidi met eyes with someone from around the corner. Blonde hair, big wide eyes, tall. Shit! She had to have been new, one of the ones being watched over. Which meant she wasn’t alone and would probably tattle if given the chance.

“Need anything else, little girl and baby?”

“Uh, you! I –” Heidi had to take a moment. The crazy idea had slowly dawned on her, and now with Rapunzel spying on them, she felt they really didn’t have much choice. “I have to get something from here, a leather pouch with a golden ring on it. It might be in one of these filing cabinets, or a document box, I don’t know. Um, after that, I’m.. taking a trip over to the apartments, to scope out a storage basement. Brooke totally knows and approves of it! Uh, If you wanna come with..? I mean, you don’t have to, but.. When’s the last time you were outside the walls?” She kept peeking over the woman’s shoulder, and finally moved to confront the spy. “Just.. Think about it? Meanwhile, I have to, uh, invite someone else along.”

She then crept around the corner, cradling Amelia with one arm and holding the other out towards Cynthia. “Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!” She said in a hushed whisper as the girl was about to flee back into the room. “You’re not in trouble, I swear! You’re new here, right? They, uh, probably stuffed you in that room and just expect you to wait until Ray or Brooke come back. You might be waiting a while though. There’s a long, boring-ass meeting going down and it might be another hour or two or seven.”

Heidi spared a glance both ways down the halls, once at Katja, then back to Cynthia. “So, um, why not let us kidnap you for a bit? We’re heading over to some apartments next-door, official business. I can give you a tour of Faith after, if you want. I know it like the back of my hand..” There was a hint of bitterness to her tone, but she kept an eye out and waited for Cynthia to either snitch or ditch.

Richard

Richard watched on amused as the two shot back and forth. There was indeed history between them, and he’d guess it was more complicated than either was letting on. Birdie seemed the type to stir the pot in jest, but Gus.. It felt like he had serious hang-ups with the situation, even his wife. Richard had to remember not to push that envelope.

“A well-read man. It’s nice to know some of my work could persevere in all this madness. And that print isn’t completely dead. ”

At the mention of liquor and a game night, Richard found himself perked up. It had been a good while since he’d had the chance or the ‘pals’ to enjoy a game with, and longer still since he’d taken to the spirits. Glass decanters and tall brown bottles came to mind, Richard slowly recalling his own scotch and whiskey line-up. A glass or two shared with colleagues at the end of a work week, maybe one with his son every now and then. And many more after she’d taken him with her.

Spitting out those sour memories, Richard smiled deeply and nodded to Gus. “I’ve only worked with a few orthopedics in my day, but none have disappointed. You’re all sages of your own, and you’ve had the pleasure of working alongside Doctor House– Binna– as well. She knows my work better than most.” He chuckled and leaned over to Birdie. “I can’t say I’m too familiar with the game, but count me in. So long as you promise not to take my arm off and rob me blind. Doctor Hatch here has a leg up on us though, he might be sitting pretty while we’re cross-eyed drunk.”

Billie + Mona

Billie whirled around immediately as Derek spoke, and could’ve sworn there was a hint of condescension to his tone. Did he really think Billie was child, who just couldn’t remember? The last time they’d gone out there was weeks ago. It had to be, he’d read every weekly report, obsessed over them. He’d mapped out the tunnels, he couldn’t have messed that up. He wouldn’t have.

“No, no, no. Y-you weren’t looking in the right tunnels, I have the updated map–” As he held it up, Sean snatched it from him and scowled him for the presentation. Even on the best of days, he and Sean just barely got along, but his words struck true. They cut clean through Billie’s jumbled nerves, the sobering state of his mind. Down to that dark place he’d been carefully avoiding the past month, ignoring and denying. That white-hot core of anger, and guilt, and remorse, and grief. So deep that only one thing pulled him back.

“Let it go.”

And Billie saw red. His stomach soured and his heart pumped ice. He’d stayed as far away from Sean as he could, since their fight. They hadn’t always agreed, but he went too far last time. And now he was doing the same damn thing, in front of everyone. Undermining his efforts to find her. Demanding he forget about his own wife and leave her to die. To accept a death that hadn’t happened yet. To break up his family, and rob his daughter of her mother. Force-feeding him a band-aid solution and selling it like a hard truth.

Billie’s eyes burnt with hellfire as he stared at the man’s back, and marched after him with clenched fists. He could take him this time, and he’d rip that goddamn tongue right from his fucking mouth. If anyone tried to stop him, he’d fuck them up too, he didn’t care. Everyone that told him Junette was dead would get the same. He’d roll the entire world over before he accepted that she was gone.

“Billie, don’t!” A soft voice pleaded, as a hand pushed on his beating chest.

Mona hadn’t moved that fast in a while, but the wild look in Billie’s eye, the way he was coming at Sean. He was out of control, had been for a while now, and someone had to reel him in. She knew Sean meant well, but he may as well have dumped poison in Billie’s ears.

“You need to walk away, okay? Just go and get some sleep–”

Sleep?!” He shoved her hand away, and let her have it. “She’s out there, right now, alone and scared. They could be torturing her, doing the worst shit to her! I can’t fucking sleep! She may be my wife, but she’s your sister. And look at you! Planting flowers, planning some stupid fucking parade. Did you forget? Did everyone forget about her?! Am I the only one that remembers?!”

Mona flinched as he went on, her face burning as she choked down tears. “That’s not fair! You–”

Billie stepped up to her, with vitriolic hate on his breath. His voice was almost a whisper, the chorus of a thousand hissing snakes. “Fair is turning over every stone. Fair is not giving up until there’s a goddamn body at your feet!” He walked past her and left the parking lot. He needed to get away from everyone and everything. In his mind there was only one place to go, a place only he could go. It would be a quick trip. He was beyond caring if they noticed.

Staring at his own reflection in the glass of the medical office, Billie was still fuming as he turned the handle. It stalled. He tried again and again, battering his shoulder into it, then his body, and finally kicking it. After the second kick, he trembled. The third, and tears burned in his eyes. He couldn’t, shouldn’t. He made a promise, but.. It was too hard. To think about it all at once.

The lock was weak now. One more, and he could escape. So he did, and the door slammed inwards to reveal a dark office, unattended and unguarded.

Billie took a step into the room, but froze, holding himself in place. As if cement were gluing him to the ground. In the back of his mind, the blurred face of a smiling man, frail and roughened but digging into him with soft blue eyes. Pleading.

Billie screamed then, and screamed and screamed. He threw chairs and punched walls and tore down posters and hit his own head. Tears boiled over and he finally gave in, sobbing like a baby. He wanted the world to die for what it had taken from him, for the lack justice in it all. It wasn’t fair. And even now, coming this close to relief, he was still powerless to do anything about it.

He was a coward. And his wife..

After he’d scraped himself together, Billie sat with that as he shambled off to Ray’s office. He paid no mind to whoever passed him or saw him go in, closing the doors and drawing the shades. He plopped in a chair adjacent to the desk, and waited. That same agonizing torture he’d sat with for weeks, what felt like years. And he he’d arrived, back at square one.

Mona quietly composed herself as she sat back down, a mixture of hate and grief gripped her. She was shaking like a leaf. Like many people in Faith, she’d done her best to put it all behind her. After all, there wasn’t anything to be found; no body, no trace, no signs. Between losing the leg and that week alone, Mona couldn’t think of a harder chapter in her life. But she made it work, she powered through like Junette would have wanted. It was all she could do, for the people she loved.

The fact that Billie saw Junette in everything he did couldn’t have been easy. But he was beyond Mona’s reach, anyone’s really. She didn’t know how to help him anymore.

She was slowly drawn out of the stupor at the mention of a council, then a triad. Sister Carmen was the one proposing it, and many faces in the crowd were still chewing on the idea. This was it. The big wave from the nasty rumors in Faith. How Carmen was setting up the volleyball to spike it down.

Brooke barely had time to meet with Mona, and it was gracious that she gave the parade a second thought. She had to juggle the new people, as well as all their upcoming projects. Ray may have nearly gotten himself killed last week, but it was more bravery than stupidity. What bothered Mona the most was that, in all of Carmen’s plans, Brooke was the one cut out. All she could reason it was for, was the tide turning against her. The woman had become chopped liver in the past two weeks, and that made her easy to cut loose. She was a great leader regardless!

“Wait, wait..” Mona stood up, not wanting to be in a spotlight but unable to stay silent. “Carmen, I’m sorry, but how dare you. You went around, behind the leadership’s back, and did research? We still don’t know who’s stealing from us, Ray just recovered from that run. Which means Brooke, by the way, had to carry his responsibilities and take a heavier load. And you just.. Go behind their backs and ask everyone else who they’d rather be in charge? It seems awfully convenient you cut her out of your proposal, just when so many people are bad-mouthing her."

"No offense to anyone that was voted for, but how can you be so sure this council or triad will work out? That we wont just cycle through leaders until we’re back to square one?” She held up her hands. “I’m with Elyse on this one. I don’t know about anyone else here, but a change in leadership is not what we should be focusing on right now. Change is good, and there’s a lot of it coming to Faith. But Ray and Brooke haven’t had a chance to really catch up, between all these new people and these new projects, the new needs of their community. And we owe it to them to give them a second chance. I say we give them more time, to prove they can be the leaders they have been and we all know they can be.”

Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh Gears Gears Charles Babel Charles Babel Crono Crono Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Selee-01 Selee-01 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog @AnyoneIMissed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back