• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Vs League Presents: Knights Vs Demons

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Vizriel

Who would have ever thought. That not only is Merlin still alive (yes the legendary wizard Merlin) but that he's working as an average high school hippie librarian in our run down dirty crime infested city. Oh and did i forget to mention he has completely lost all of his magical powers!

20210622_010546.jpg

And now because of some foretold by destiny, fiery black meteor falling from the sky and crashing into a historic city museum thought to be full of dusty old scrolls, dino bones and ancient artifacts, now the apocalypse is at our doorstep. And the only thing that can save us, is well.....us! A bunch of teenagers who can hardly handle being in high school with one another. How the hell are we gonna manage to save the world together?! Yup. We're screwed.

But we still have to try. Right?

Ok so merlin gave me this ring.
hHQ5N5d8Lr_y2122AIvm_FsgDGIttR1ZI3l8Hh4MdOHfOB90jjeILlP46j1CbIFyK5cFISUSB4L_SEG2uB79xTJHRcJSX3Js-Nt9bWFs9aXSxCmxlo231FV_JLT7VAWcAw6rdDaQ

He told me to never take it off and it would keep me safe. And ever since, I've been able to hear this voice in my head, and I think its coming from the ring. The spirit in the ring told me it's name is Wyzestra'all but thats alot to say every single time so I just call him Wyz. He told me I'm one of the chosen Knights to fight against the Demons that are building an army full of monsters to destroy our world.
20210622_010830.jpg

It said that by defeating monsters and letting the ring devour their dark energy then I can awaken the true power within the ring and use it to fight the evil demons.

And now I've been having these weird dreams. But when i wake up it fades away and I can hardly remember anything. It has something to do with me swimming through a frozen river, but I'm not freezing, or even scared and I'm reaching for a sword but no matter what its always slightly out of reach.

Screenshot_20210622-010511_Gallery.jpg

So I guess I'm some kind of superhero now! Yesterday I could hardly finish gym class without passing out. Today I'm vaulting up the side of buildings, flipping like an olympic gymnast, and doing parkour like I'm spiderman. Look mom! I'm a ninja!
Anyways.

The ring also said there are more kids out there like me.
20210622_011237.jpg

Those who were given or found a magic ring or some other spirit relic. Which is why I'm posting this to all of my social media accounts, like facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat, ect. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then LOL I GOT YOU! YOU TOTALLY FELL FOR MY JOKE! NOW GO AWAY! But if any if this makes any sense to you...then we need to talk ASAP. Please send me a message. Because we have a lot of work to do. Time for us, to kick some demon ass.

Last edited:
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Bucky. Bucky. Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire

It's 10 o'clock at night on a friday so theirs no school in the morning. And instead of being out having fun like most teenagers I'm sitting in a dusty old library in my my high school, Avalon High with a creepy old man that claims he's the legendary wizard Merlin but he also has no way to prove it because he has no magical abilities. Of course not. And on top of that, he's a freaking spaz.

"Where are the chosen one's Reginald!? Hmmm? Where are they!? I thought you explained to me that using your social internet computer head book snap face Insta page twitty chitty chat chat or whatever platform you imbecile children are sending your selfie picturama's on. You said you contacted the other chosen ones! Well!? I see no chosen!" Mr Earl was again throwing a tantrum.

"Dude would you chill! I talked to a couple of other kids yes. They said they would be here but you dont know how it is. Sometimes its hard to sneak out of your own house! I had to lie and tell my mom I was working an overnight at the veterinary clinic watching a sick pug in order to be here. Nobody wants to get caught or grounded! Plus theirs homework, chores, parents, annoying siblings, or maybe they just thought it was a prank and decided not to come. I don't know. But i know you what!? Listening to you freaking out like an old british hippy bearded mary poppins is not helping!"
I say burning through all of my patience. If this old dude wasn't so....well, old. I would probably tie him to a chair and put duct tape over his mouth.

"Why i beg your pardon prince of the teenage modern day fancy pants chosen ones. Oh no! My incessant parents grounded me for sneaking out! All at the behest of Merlin! The most legendary magical human to over walk the face of the planet. This is not some teen dramatic soap opera you can pay a monthly fee to watch on Mulu, Amazon Primal, or Wetflix. This is a crisis that will reveal the fate of all of Mankind!" He says angrily.

"Dude its Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix!" I say screaming now because for some reason him saying all the names wrong has driven me over the top.
"I have all three! And there's literally NOTHING TO WATCH ON ANY OF THEM!!! Actually I think Wetflix might be a real thing tho...maybe i should google that?"

Merlin stops and stares blank faced for a second, his left eye twitching in annoyance before he finally realizes what I'm saying.

"We're doomed!" He says throwing his hands into the air. "Our world will burn in the fires of chaos and destruction, if this-" he says pointing to me "if children like you! Are who the fates have chosen to defend us from the demonic monster horde that has awoken and will overtake this planet! If Arthur, or Galahad were here, I would even accept that cowarding buffoon Little John at this point! Or that idiotic thieving monkey Abu would be better equipped for the job!"

"Wait? Isn't little john from Robin Hood? And Abu...? Isn't that the little Monkey from Aladdin?"

"Ah yes. Did you think Arthur was my only chosen throughout history? Aladdin and Robin Hood were also mine. Without my astute guidance and tutelage the world would have been destroyed many times over."

"Wait a minute? After all these legendary battles you've lead your chosen through and you claim you're the wizard Merlin but you're absolutely powerless? How did that happen?" I say confused.

He sighs deeply. "While assisting my last chosen, a figure by the name of Sherlock Holmes, I made a grave mistake. One that I had to fix no matter the cost. And i indeed payed it but it left me completely devoid of my former magic, save for a droplet left. Just enough to preserve my immortality. Well not exactly immortality anymore. I age. Just a thousands times slower than you humans do."

Suddenly Merlins head snaps up. Staring at the library door with intensity but in his eyes show a glimmer of hope.

And I hear a voice in my head saying "Someone's coming. Someone with.....power." Wyz the spirit within my magical ring, says to me.

Last edited:
Lucian

A boy in full black ninja garb nimbly jumped over the fence of Avalon High and landed smoothly on the ground of the front yard. His eyes darted from corner to corner, checking whether there's any CCTV looking at his direction. After making sure all was safe he opened the school map he printed earlier and sneakily made his way towards the direction of the library.

You sure enjoy cosplaying like this, huh?

A squeaky voice echoed inside the boy's mind, it came from the plain glossy black ring on the boy's left middle finger.

"If this really turns out to be a prank I wouldn't get embarassed because no one would see my face." The boy replied while vaulting over a window that turned out to be unlocked.

Geee, whatever you say Your Majesty

After a few minutes of running through the dark corridor he finally arrived in front of a large door with 'Library' written on it. Lucian took a deep breath, not because he was tired from all the running but to embrace himself of whoever was on the other side. He shoved the door open and quickly spotted an old man an another boy inside.

He didn't know what to say.

At least say hello, you edgelord!!

"Hello. I'm PizzaPunk." Lucian waved his hand and gave an awkward greeting. He contacted Reginald through Discord and yes his name there was PizzaPunk so he introduced himself as that.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Reggie smiles and looks over at Mr. Earl smuggly. "See. I told you they were coming."

Merlin stares in shock. " Is that kid dressed as.....a ninja. You invited.....a teenage..... ninja..... to join a group for Knights. Yes indeed. We're are all doomed." Merlin says putting his hand over his head like he's getting a headache.

"Dude are you serious? I think it looks pretty dope!" Reggie says smiling big. "But you could have just used the door. Mr. Earl here is a faculty member so as long as we're with him we're good. I'm Reggie by the way. The guy you contacted and the one who put out the post. Welcome. Have a seat. We are still waiting for a couple more to arrive."

Last edited:
Ophelia had always been an night-owl. She stayed up usually watching movies, TV shows, reading and writing down whatever came to her mind. Being a night-owl had always been a problem considering that she was almost always late or late for class every morning, but on Friday’s she didn’t have to worry about a such thing. She got to stay up late for however long she wanted too, without hearing anything from other people ‘Oh this, oh that’.

She had looked to the digital watch on her wrist before nodding confidently to herself. “Maybe I can go return and take some more books from the library,” she had said to herself in a mumble as she looked to her nightstand which had about three large books just sitting there, read and unused since then.

She had picked up the books holding them close to her chest, as she opened and closed the door behind her. She had walked quite quickly to the school, not because she was in a rush but because she didn’t necessarily like being outside late at night, she’d prefer to be indoors when it was dark. She entered the school, opening the doors with one of her hands as she made her way to the library, slowing down her pace a bit.

Once she came to a set of doors, that have been located at the back of the library she had opened them, walked through and let the door slightly slam behind her. Ophelia had set down the books on the desk which was also at the back, as she went to a different isle, looking for interesting books. It was always simple for her to find books to read because she didn’t have a preference. She had kept her self isolated, quietly searching throughout the isles to find a book that had included a bit of mystery in it.

Bucky. Bucky.

Wyz began to speak in Reggies head. "My liege, yes the one before you is a chosen but the one of power i speak of is elsewhere."

Reggie rolled his eyes "Yeah Wyz i know. Their are still more coming. I'm sure they'll be here soon enough." He says taking a bag of chips out of his backpack.

Mr. Earl mean while thought he had heard something from one of the aisles and had gone to investigate. Upon turning the corner.

"Oh, Ophelia! My dear little Insomniac i had not expected you tonight!" Mr. Earl said caught completely surprised by her presence then trying to play it off and completely doing a terrible job at being convincing.

"But then again you do seem to turn up whenever least expected don't you. While I would love to oblige you the libraries after hours uses as always, tonight we're having an, an eeee...... event with uhhh......a book club! Reginold is the host for a book club! So I'm sorry but you are going to have to leave."

Mr. Earl had always found Ophelia pleasant since the day she first walked into his Library. She truly appreciated books for all their knowledge and worth. Not like the rest of these self absorbed teenagers in today's age. He also knew that she like to browse books at all times of day especially at night. So he made sure to leave a backroom exit open for her so she could return her previous books and check out new ones. Most of the time he wasnt even there but he fully trusted her. But now wasn't the time for late night browsing. Last thing he wanted was for Ophelia to get pulled into this and maybe get hurt in the process.

Wyz speaks up again. "That girl is not what she seems. I can feel it like waves from a river. She..... has power."

Reggie responds quizzically. "Who? Ophelia? That girl is a quiet supersmart book worm. You're telling me that she's one of the chosen? She's not even wearing a ring."

"She has power, sire. That's all I know." Wyz responds.

"Hmmm?" Reggie say staring at the girl and thinking.

Last edited:
Ophelia had looked to Mr. Earl with a slight chuckle, as she examined the book that she had taken out from the shelve, and reading the short summary that had been on the back, while listening to Mr. Earl talk.

She had nodded, as he explained of what was happening after hours in the library which she found quite odd. A book club, after hours? She had thought to herself, before holding the book in her hands and also pulling out the second volume to the series as she faced Mr. Earl. As she patted the books, holding them close to her with he arms crossed to her chest once again. Ophelia had gave a soft smile.

“Ou! Well, thank you for telling me!” she piped. “I’ll read these two for now, and have a good night!” She said, it was clear that she also had a rather French accent as she spoke. Ophelia had smiled once more, waving to Mr. Earl as she made her way to the back doors, as she hummed brightly to herself.

Ophelia had really enjoyed reading, it gave her a sense to be peaceful, as she read. She found it interesting on how most authors had detailed their books, and always have great storylines/plots. Often, she really enjoyed sitting by the window as she read; it had been her usual place. Although, she was quite intrigued to go home and sit on her porch while she read.

Elanor sighed to herself as she walked into the school, her workout bag slung over her shoulder. Unlike others she didn't much care if she was caught going back into the school "Come on can't you at least be a little bit sneaky about all this?" Aly said in her head

Ela rolled her eyes "screw that noise, like oh no the workout nut got tricked into coming to school after hours, oh what a massive trick" she said in a mocking tone as she walked through the halls. She adjusted the bag slightly to avoid it digging into her skin as she finally made it to the library and entered calmly

"Hey this the place we supposed to meet up yeah? Names Elanor and yeah that's really all about it. Honestly didn't expect it to be in the library" she smiled before her face turned to shock "Oh right here I nearly forgot to return these books on boxing" Elanor said opening her bag and handing Mr. Earl two books, one on the techniques of boxing and the other the history of woman boxing.

Lucian

Lucian was happy that his ninja attire actually got a thumb up from Reginald. Most of the time he got a weird looks whenever he wear his costume, and this ninja outfit was one of the plain one. He made himself more relaxed by sitting on one of the provided seat then pulled down the clothes on his head to reveal his face.

"Lucian, you can call me that." This time he introduced himself properly.

He scanned the library to gather information about this little meeting. The old man was a faculty member and apparently the supervisor of this relic holder gathering. There's also another two female students who came to return books or something.

The boy has one, both of the girls too

Lucian winced at the information given by Eeriel. So three of the holders were from this school, huh. He might be the only one from different school, he might even be the only middle schooler. That would be awkward for him.

Easy boy, calm down. I will tell you how to socialize properly. Allright?

No thanks.

Bucky. Bucky.

"Ophelia! Wait up!" Reggie said feeling akward because he had never really spoken to her before. "Could you come sit with us? Theirs something i have to ask you."

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

"Yo Ela you're a chosen too huh!?" Reggie said excitedly. "Now that makes hella sense. You could probably fight off some monster baddies without using magic." He says laughing to himself.

Mr. Earl looks over to where Elenor is. "Hmmm. Ruffian is what she is." He says coldly under his breath. "And if those books are over due Ms. Tilton trust and believe you will be fined!"

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

"Welcome again Lucian." Reggie replies then he sees the boy pull his hood back.

"Dude! How old are you!?" Reggie says in shock. Could this kid even fight?

Elanor smiled a little smugly "Technically they were due today, so even if Reggie put out the post you would be seeing my about now anyway" she said before putting her bag down and pulling out a seat "one other thing if your going to keep insulting me like that, I can just leave and not help you out, that's if your ok with that"

Before she could let Merlin splutter out a response she turned to Reggie "Damn straight I could, I'm not a gym rat for nothing" she said with a smile "why be the damsel and when you can just knock the person out with a simple one across the cheek then body blow!"

Ophelia had stopped in her tracks before she had heard her name be called. Her eyebrow had raised with confusion. “Oh, uhm” she had thought to herself before nodding. “I guess so?” She had nothing better to do besides read, and it wasn’t like it was going to effect school tomorrow because it was the weekend so she just decided to agree.

Lucian

"Fourteen. My school is on the other side of the city." Lucian replied shortly. He suspected if he was the only one from different school it would hinder communication during emergency, something that they might to address later. Though for now the boy was more worried about not fitting in socially, he wasn't the friendliest kid even in his school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back