The Voluntas RP

RikuXIII

Random Schemer
A dwarf star hung in space with what in a normal universe would be an considered an asteroid field, but in the Olioverse constituted a health planet system. As it lazily drifted through the makeshift cosmos, it was visited by something moving faster and with more purpose.

The Voluntas exited hyperspace on the edge of the system and kept going on full burn with the regular engines. Inside the ship, an alarm pinged through the decks, calling the crew to attention.

"Crew assemble in Control hub for briefing." E.V. called through the ship's intercom. "The new client decided to wait to the last damn minute to give me the details and we're gonna have to improvise the shit out of this situation."

Inside the Tech Room, E.V.'s combat chassis unfolded from it's charging station. He moved his neck like he was popping it, then got up to collect his equipment. 

@Scrapmaster @SuperiorKunivas @Yuffie Kisaragi

(Day 3: images are still fucked, fix your shit RPN).

- Hanz Thanaty - Armory - 

Hanz, like most of the crew on the ship, was careful when dealing with his things, he polished his guns, cleaned them, charged, repaired them if need be, everything necessary to keep them up to shape for the occasion of a fight. That and he also had to tinker with his suit's cloaking mechanism, it needed to last longer...maybe Arkham could help him with that, but that'd have to wait.

Hearing E.V, the captain in the intercoms throughout the whole ship, her complaints about the client's lack of responsability made him chuckle, she'd always hated when a client did that, he finished up tinkering with his pulse assault rifle, putting it back together in perfect shape as he strapped it on his back of the suit as he began heading out, his suit's helmet disabled for the moment, he was near trustworthy allies, no need to hide his face...he wasn't Arkham.

- Markus Valzhir - Cockpit -

Markus was, as always, usually hanging around the cockpit, he liked watching the stars from out of the cockpit's windows, it was...relaxing, he couldn't really explain why. He was sitting in a unocuppied chair as he messed with his laser sword, though not activating it of course, that'd be bad. before he could do much, however he heard the captain over the intercom.

"Hah, figures." He spoke chuckling, as he began heading to the control hub, which was very close by.

As the alarm blared, a small girl held her hands to the fox ears that jutted but just behind her little headdress. She had asked if the alarm's decibels could be toned down, but apparently they weren't. And she couldn't feed the captain bland food as blackmail - AI's don't eat...which left Sora Takagi softly mewling in minor annoyed pain until it stopped. Relaxing, she listened to the announcement and began putting together some little fingerfoods and some drinks. With how the client was acting, it would serve them well to have their hands doing something, especially when the Captain was pissed. She sighed once more and kept working, making small sandwiches and some juice. She made do with what the captain got her, and as she began loading the grav-tray, her ears laid flat.

She still wondered how she even ended up in this place.

- Nolan Vigil "Arkham" - Tech Room -

Before the alarm blared, Arkham, the ships foremost expert in technology and weaponry, was passing the time by tinkering with various bits of tech, tweaking a Sleep Dart Launcher he'd created out of sheer boredom, setting it aside before raising his Tactical Visor, picking up a Datapad and his drink: A small glass of Noverian Rum, a dark brown alcoholic drink of considerable strength that he drunk in one gulp, which is impressive considering it was not a shot glass. The strength of it's taste caused him to rapidly shake his head and exclaim in a mix of disgust and surprise, this is why he stuck to Energy Drinks or other non-alcoholic beverages, but occasionally he'd crave them nonetheless.

The alarm sounded and Arkham put down the empty glass, setting aside his Datapad and lowering his Tactical Visor over his face again. "Idiotic client. Even someone who doesn't know the captain should know better than to piss her off." He said aloud to himself as he grabbed his pistols and set them in their holsters before exiting the Tech Room and heading straight for the Control Hub.

-Sleep Dart Launcher he was messing with-

cvjk1jw.png

- Amélie Lacroix "The Huntress" - Starboard Dorm -

Inside her Dorm Room, The Huntress was practising, attempting to perform a full split. She had been at this for a few hours, testing her body like this was routine for her, her objective was to ensure she succeeded every time she practised such techniques no matter how long it took. Her legs were very far apart and she was low to the ground, almost in a perfect split, but she was struggling to cross the final hurdle. She was wearing more fitting attire, that being a tank top and yoga pants, and even as sweat beads flowed down her forehead and temples, her expression was one of focus and effort, not of straining, and within a few more minutes she had done it: She was doing a perfect split, her legs 90 degrees and her body down to the ground. With a quick raise back to her feet, she finally exhaled and smiled. "Magnifique..." She said to herself in French (Translation: Magnificent.), then the alarm blared. Cleaning up, dressing in her usual attire and fixing her visor back onto her head, she took her Widow's Kiss in hand and left her room to head for the elevator to the next deck where the Control Hub was.

On her way, she bumped into the next person on their way there: Hanz Thanaty.

"Ahh, Hanz, you heard the call?" She inquired as she approached.

@rikunobodyxiii @Scrapmaster @Xion136 @Yuffie Kisaragi

{Control Hub}

In the control hub, E.V.'s avatar watched the images that the client had uploaded flicker through the main display faster than a human eye could keep up with. She had already analyzed the images completely a few seconds after she got them, but she seemed to like looking over material with traditional optical sensors. She had a couple strategies in mind to accomplish the mission, but there might be information that the client missed or left out. Now there was no time to spare.

"This is gonna be a hard and fast extraction." E.V. Explained as the crew began to assemble. "Based on local orbits, we have three standard hours before our target is terminated."

The main display stopped flickering through images, staying on an image of a young humanoid female. Ridges of her forehead and pointed ears suggested she was a half-breed of something.

"This is Tabatha Bleakly, daughter of Josiah Bleaky, the famed banker back in Hub." E.V. intoned. "As a rebellious youth, she got herself involved with a cult calling themselves the Followers of the Living Void."

The image flickered to show a group of beings of various shapes and sizes, all wearing unimaginative dark robes with the crude image of man standing in the middle of a ball that might have been suppose to be crackling. 

"They worship Null Storms as the personification of an ultimate being, though they can't see to decide among themselves what kind of being it is. This sect has been offering sacrifices to, quote, 'the great and powerful Null', unquote, to appease 'his' hunger and regent the destruction of the 'verse. Young Miss Bleakly is the next to be sacrificed."

@SuperiorKunivas @Scrapmaster @Yuffie Kisaragi

{Mess Hall}

A repair drone floated over near to Sora, then projected a hologram or E.V. on the table, out of the way of Sora's preparations.

"Doing well, Sora?" The image of the Captain asked, trying to make small talk. Not one of her strengths.

@Xion136

Last edited by a moderator:
Inkokheli raised her hand, before proceeding with what she was going to say anyway. "Do we know whether Tabatha wants to be sacrificed or not?"  She was curious what the situation was, whether Mr. Bleakly was extracting her by force, or if the young girl had just gone too deep.  Areya scoffed audibly, her feet up on a table while she leaned back in her chair and filed her nails.

"Does it matter? We're getting paid, and saving a life. Besides, the cultists are idiots anyway, who are misinforming and abusing innocents."  The Nymph said, clearly already set in her ways and opinions. "I've seen their work, and heard their good word as it is. Bullshit. This is a good job, despite the employers' tardiness." Inkokheli glanced Areya's way, her eyes a little nervous and uncertain, before speaking up and standing up for herself.

"Well yes, it matters. It'd help to know whether we should anticipate a willing girl who could cooperate and assist in the escape, or if we need to prepare to persuade her."  Inkokheli also got rather defensive about spiritual matters, and though she wouldn't necessarily defend human sacrifice, the Half-Orc felt the need to keep things certain. "And how do you know it's bullshit? For all we know, they could be right, and you could be wrong, Miss Lily."  Areya shook her head as if this was nonsense, and Inkokheli turned her gaze back to E.V., her eyes softening. "Do we have a specific plan? Or improv it?"

Sora looked over and bowed. "Yes Captain." She continued working on the food, then picked up the tray. "I'm sorry I'm running a bit behind, I missed a few dishes." She didn't have her rifle on her, for once - just the handgun on her side. She began to move around the drone, heading for the meeting room with the food and drink. "Captain? Can you lower the decibels of the alarm? It really hurts my ears. Or try a different frequency?" She asked, easily carrying her cargo.She paused beside the drone, not sure if the Captain would follow or not. Despite being small and timid, she was surprisingly strong for her looks and, well, when a girl was spraying a burst-fire pulse rifle at you in a maid outfit...you did wonder what the fuck was going on. 

@rikunobodyxiii

{Control Hub}

E.V. waited a moment to let Inkokheli and Areya conclude their exchange. 

"To answer your question, Inkokheli, we are not sure." She answered. "Psychological profile of Ms. Bleakly suggest no real devotion to the Cult, just an enjoyment of angering her father. But it would be imprudent to assume her cooperation. Prepare for the worst."

The image of the main display flickered again, this time changing to a topographical map of the compound the cultists were using. It looked pretty standard, with an approximately 4 meter high wall completely inclosing a series of bunker style buildings and a few canvas structures. There was a watchtower on each of the corners and one fortified gate. A terraformed jungle surrounded most of the compound, with foliage and trees coming right up to the wall in places. The ruin of some kind of chapel stood about 50 meters outside the gate, with a tall bell tower.

"The basic plan is to infiltrate the compound from the North side." E.V. explained, a red indicator circling the wall facing she had mentioned. "We should be behind one of the larger bunkers and thus, undetected. To ensure this, Amélie, Hanz, and Areya, I want you to take the chapel outside the compound. There is suppose to be a few guards in there, who should be dealt with as quietly as possible. I'd join you in my stealth chassis, but it is still down for repairs. After you have taken the chapel, I want one of you up in the bell tower. The other two will do as they like, but taking up positions to watch the compound and provide fire support as needed. If you can eliminate the guards in the watchtowers covertly, do so."

Another indicator encircled a building in an inner circle of buildings at the heart of the compound. 

"This is where our target should be located. Markus and Inkokheli will take point inside the compound, with Nolan in the center to deal with any traps and security doors we come across. My combat chassis will take up the rear. If Ms. Bleakly resists, I will carry her out."

The Captain let her plan hang in the air for a moment as she watched the faces of her crew.

"Questions?" She prompted. "Suggestions?"

@SuperiorKunivas @Yuffie Kisaragi @Scrapmaster

{Mess Hall}

"Done." E.V.'s avatar told Sora. "At a later time, I may have you sample it to see if it no longer causes you auditory distress. Now, if you would please wait a moment."

The drone shut of the projection, hovered over closer to Sora, then projected a larger image of the captain in front of the maid. E.V.'s face looked like she was trying to decide something. If only the damn client hadn't cut it so close to the wire.

"How do you feel about a combat assignment on this mission?" She asked. "If Murphy's Law is enacted, some extra fire power in the drop shuttle would be useful."

E.V. was a bit uneasy asking Sora this. The kitsune's combat abilities were erratic, but deadly. The Captain mainly offered Sora a job because of the enigmas she represented. Relaying on enigmas was unwise, but options were limited in this kind of time crunch and E.V. was planning on testing Sora's abilities at some point anyway.

@Xion136

Last edited by a moderator:
{Mess Hall}

"Done." E.V.'s avatar told Sora. "At a later time, I may have you sample it to see if it no longer causes you auditory distress. Now, if you would please wait a moment."

The drone shut of the projection, hovered over closer to Sora, then projected a larger image of the captain in front of the maid. E.V.'s face looked like she was trying to decide something. If only the damn client hadn't cut it so close to the wire.

"How do you feel about a combat assignment on this mission?" She asked. "If Murphy's Law is enacted, some extra fire power in the drop shuttle would be useful."

E.V. was a bit uneasy asking Sora this. The kitsune's combat abilities were erratic, but deadly. The Captain mainly offered Sora a job because of the enigmas she represented. Relaying on enigmas was unwise, but options were limited in this kind of time crunch and E.V. was planning on testing Sora's abilities at some point anyway.

@Xion136

Sora nearly lost her grip of the tray. She took a breath in. "I....if the Captain needs me." She said. "I....I'll go." She wasn't quite sure she'd be useful, to be honest. She then took a breath.

"The captain was very nice and gave me a place when I was scared...so...I'll do anything you need, to keep us going." She finally said.

@rikunobodyxiii

{Mess Hall}

E.V.'s avatar looked a little uneasy. She had wanted to nurture Sora to this kind of position eventually, but the chaotic nature of the universe was messing with her calculations again.

"I understand this is not in your comfort zone, but your ship mates might need the help." She said.

The hologram flickered a moment, like the drone was about to leave, but it remained. E.V. gave Sora a concerned look. She reached out, hesitated a moment, then tried to pat Sora's should, her non-coporeal hand passing through it.

"If this frightens you too much, you don't have to do it." E.V. offered.

@Xion136

Sora looked at E.V, shaking her head.

"No. If you need help...I...I have to help. If I can do something I should...t...this place will year apart those not willing to gight." Her voice was a mere whisper. "...w...where should I go meet them?"

@rikunobodyxiii

Silence slipped through the group for a time. Areya looked at the plan, musing quietly on it. "Nah, I'm good. Let's do this thing huh?" She said with a smile. She stood up, straight and tall. Inkokheli glanced to Areya, then back to E.V. The Half-Orc raised her hand, then spoke before being called upon.

"If I might suggest, Areya is more suited for my position, and I for certain am more suited to pull off the stealth portion of her job. Could we switch?" Inkokheli suggested, for no ulterior motive, she just thought it a better idea. Areya shrugged indifferently. She cared not which position she was put in, just that she was not left behind.

{Mess Hall}

"There is currently a meeting up in the Control Hub." E.V. answered, her voice back to business after her moment of empathy.

There were times when she wished her maker hadn't installed the ability to empathize in her, though it was one of the lessor things she held against him.

"if you feel able, join us." She continued. "If not, then ready your gear and be in the hanger before drop."

With that, the drone disengaged it's holo emitter and scooted off, back to its choirs.

@Xion136

{Control Hub}

E.V.'s main avatar gave Inkokheli a blank look for a moment, then she glanced up to the ceiling with a pensive look, something she did when she was recalculating something.

"Alright." She said after a moment, returning her gaze to her XO. "If Areya has no objection, then you'll join Amélie and Hanz out on the perimeter."

She glanced back towards the cockpit briefly before addressing the team again.

"We are approaching are target. Any last thoughts?"

@Scrapmaster @Yuffie Kisaragi @SuperiorKunivas

Thinking it over, Sora delivered the food and then went on to her small cabin. Picking up her gear, the girl headed for the hangar and sat down on a crate. Not sure really what else to do,she quietly waited, wiping her gun yet again. She didn't know where it came from or why she had it, but it had saved her countless times.

Maybe it could save others.

Users who are viewing this thread