• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Kanto [Dead and No Longer Canon]

T
Created at
Index progress
Complete

A roleplay set in the World of Pokemon and full of adventure.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
15 years ago...

Giovanni held a Radio in his hand, clenching it hard. "Boss! He's just tearing through us!" A Grunt said over the Radio.

"What! That's impossible! He's just a kid!" Giovanni shouted.

"It's true! Oh god! He's com- augh!" The Radio fell silent. Giovanni clenched so hard he crushed the device. This couldn't be happening. One kid was tearing through his entire organization. It was impossible. And yet, he could hear the sounds of carnage outside. The Kid, whoever he was, was getting closer.

Suddenly, a bright flash of red and yellow errupted and his door exploded into flames. Giovanni instinctivly out his right arm in front of him for protection. Nothing was left of his door but smoke. And as the smoke cleared Giovanni could see a figure in the doorway. A stoic looking boy in a red hat with a Charizard standing menacingly behind him and a Pikachu on his shoulder.

The boy raised a finger and wordlessly pointed at Giovanni. And then, the Charizard attacked.

Modern Day...

Artemis Seer
Vermillion City

The smell of the Sea Breeze filled the air of Vermillion City as Artemis stepped off the boat, Athena, his Umbreon, beside him. To almost anyone else, the air would smell lf adventure. To Artemis, the air smelled of fish. Fish and salt. Not exactly the most pleasant of smells. Especially to someone who didn't want to be there, such as Artemis.

Artemis looked around at his surroundings and sighed. He was stuck here. He didn't have a ticket home and even if he did his mom would have shoved him back on the boat immediately. Which reminded him, he needed to call his mom. She had asked him to call her as soon as he got to Kanto.

Artemis took out his phone. Dammit. No battery. There was only one other option. He'd have to fins a Pokemon center and use one or the phones there. And charge his own phone while he was at it. Now with a goal in mind, Artemis headed off.

[open to interaction]

Last edited:
Sandy.jpg
Sandy Beech

Located: Vermillion City | Interaction: Artemis ( BackSet BackSet ) | ♫ : Welcome to Vermillion City! |

"In an hour's time, this afternoon. Right near the harbour. You'll hear the music from the other side of Kanto, I'm sure. Come down if you have the time."

Dimples dotted either side of the girl's cheeks as she detailed the location and time of her latest performance. She received a cracked lipped smile back from a waddling, greying woman, her Slowpoke inclining its head upwards as they passed. Its eyes were unblinking, before it yawned. It hadn't even began to consider Sandy and Jitter addressing its companion in the first instance. Sandy walked on, thumbs twiddling in her pockets as she scanned the flocks of people arriving off the boat that had recently arrived. Perfect opportunity to grab a few more people and spread the word.

The Aipom bounded from Sandy's shoulder to her head, and back down to her shoulder again. All the while, he grunted, his stubby feet bashing against the girl's shoulder, grinning all the while. Surprisingly, she didn't seem to mind the sensation. The first couple of times he had started whacking them against her shoulder, she felt her shoulder go numb, though now it was a regular sensation she had become all too used to. Sandy chuckled at her three-handed companion. "Excited, huh? Better keep that energy bottled up for our next performance." She warned him, to which Jitter let a bright, toothy grin encompass his face.

Sandy turned her gaze back to the crowd of people filtering past the two of them. It always brightened her day to see people from all over arrive in different regions. The effort put into appeals for tourism had been steadily increasing over the past few years, and Sandy by then was meeting trainers from Kalos and Unova, to name a few. For a few moments, she stood, sniffing deeply at the salty air, the tang of fish making her nostrils flare slightly. Then, she began walking again, to the first person in front of her.

Probably a few years older than she was, the young man Sandy approached had short, blond hair, a long coat, with an Umbreon following dutifully beside him. She hadn't been walking directly to him to meet face-to-face, but slightly to the side. Before they could pass, she made her opening remark, hoping it would force him to slow down and acknowledge her, even for a second. "Hey, welcome to Vermillion City. Hope the boat ride wasn't too rocky," she joked, Jitter chittering alongside her. "Listen, I've got a dance performance planned here later on. Maybe you'll stop by once you get settled in?" Her methods were bold, simply going up to people and announcing this, but she couldn't just hand out flyers anymore.

She made that mistake when she was thirteen, and almost got arrested for not having a damn permit.

Last edited:
Somewhere near Pewter city:

"Gr." Cafe growled.

"We are not lost." The Growlithe pointed to the left path in the fork, "no."

"Woof!"

"No!"

"Woof!"

Late sighed, throwing his hands up in defeat, "fine, you win. But I swear to Arceus if we get lost it's on your head." Cafe puffed out his chest in proud. The puppy pokemon leaped forward and treaded forward, dragging it's newly minted trainer come owner behind.

"You know, usually the trainer is the one who tell the pokemon what to do," Cafe snorted, like the very idea of their survive being left on Latte's shoulders was a joke, after all the city boy had never really gone too far away from home, other than hiking and traveling a few route from Saffron city. Cafe however was a super awesome pokemon that would never get lost.

Three hours later and much further away from Pewter city than they were before:

They got lost.

"We're lost!" Late cried out, throwing the town map in his hands aside, glaring at his pokemon partner who looked around nervously, "why I decided to listen to you I will never know." The pokemon didn't comment.

So with a sigh Vanilla Late, the 17 year old newly minted trainer from Saffron city began setting up a campsite. It took him minutes, thanks to his experince with camping trips, and soon he had a small fire going, cooking up a small meal for Cafe and himself.

"Here, chew on this," Late threw his Growlith a bone and watched as the puppy pokemon played with it joyfully. He bit and chewed and rolled around, content. Seeing him, Late couldn't help but be reminded of his mother. Maybe if things had been different, Latte would have gotten Cafe a lot sooner than he did.

Dinner was quick and as soon as they were done Latte set out to begin training Cafe. "Alright boy, let's do this," he picked up a fallen branch and held it before Cafe, "bite!"

The pokemon leaped froward and began chewing on the large stick, it's jaws breaking through several layers and locking on tight. Latte then began pulling and shaking the branch, trying to pull it out of Cafe's grip, finally managing to do so only by breaking it in half.

Latte held the stick and grinner, "perfect! This time you didn't let go! Good boy!" throwing the stick aside he patted Cafe, scratching him behind the ear. And then, they heard a rustle. Growlithe grew alert as a low rumbleing grew in his throat, Latee had his hands automatically close into fists and they watched as a small pink rabbit pokemon suddenly came out, blinking in surprise at the sight before it.

Slowly, so as to not startle it, Latte reached into his back pocket and took out his Pokedex:

"Nidoran. The male NIDORAN has developed muscles for moving its ears. Thanks to them, the ears can be freely moved in any direction. Even the slightest sound does not escape this POKéMON’s notice."

Something was wrong and Latte knew it. If this thing was supposed to be so alert, why did it look surprised to see them? But whatever, it wanted a fight, it would get one!

"Alright buddy, it looks like we might have our very first pokemon battle on our hands, you ready?" Latte asked, the promise of a fight sending chills down his spine.

"Growlithe!" Cafe smirked as he came forward, standing a good twenty feet away from the wild Nidoran, just like Latte trained him too.

"Alright, let's get this over with quickly! Cafee, use-"

"-Nido," the pink rabbit pokemon cried before falling over, unconscious.

"Stand down," Latte ordered, the ushally free Cafee obeying quickly. They approached the fallen Nidoran and felt it's pulse, it was breathing heavily, it was sick. Looking it over Latte couldn't find what was wrong with it, all he knew is that it was sick, or dying. He used a potion on it but it didn't look better. Clearly field medicine will not be enough.

"We need to get him to a Pokemon center bud, and fast," Latte turned to his Growlithe, "we might need to travel through the night to make it in time....you don't mind do you?"

The pokemon barked, flashing it's best version of a grin, "Growl!"

"That's my boy," Latte scratched behind his ears. He packed up the campsite, with Cafee's help, and the two were off again, hoping to find a way out of this forest finally for the sake of the sick pokemon that they now found themselves taking care off.

They didn't however notice the small mark tattooed on the back of the Nidoran's left ear, the mark in the shape of a bold red 'R'. They also didn't notice the tracking chip placed underneath it's skin.

[Open to meet at the Pewter city Pokemon center for an encounter with Neo-Team Rocket grunts]

Sighing Rowan slung his tan travel backpack on his shoulders as the announcement came through the intercom system on board, his ship had just docked in Vermillion City. A small screeching type noise could be heard from the bed next to him. With a small smile the boy looked down to see his companion, Lala, looking up at him. "Alola Lala," Rowan greeted her softly as she screeched again and jumped up and down on the mattress, "Yes yes, we're here," he chuckled. Then without warning Lala's two appendages, arms, slithered out from under her disguise and grabbed Rowan's shoulder before pulling herself up. Now seated on her trainers shoulder the boy smiled, "Guess you're ready to go?" Lala screeched excitedly and bounced on his shoulder. With that Rowan left the room, only to be greeted with a slightly crowded hallway. Once he actually made it on deck Rowan loathed the amount of people scurrying around trying to either get to their rooms or trying to get to the ramp to walk off the boat. Lala held on a bit tightly to her trainer's neck as he maneuvered through the mass sea of people. Finding the ramp both boy and Pokémon breathed a sigh of relief as they departed the ship.

"Alright Lala… I guess we need to find a spot to stay tonight, or get moving to one of the next cities." The Mimikyu screeched softly as she made gesture with her arms to try and tell him he needed to call his family. After about five minutes of their game of charades Rowan's pink orbs widened a bit, "Oh! You want me to go to the Pokémon Center to call mom and dad!" Lala screeched cheerfully while she jumped up and down, causing her trainer to smile. "Alright, let's get going then."

There were so many people at the port, various ships from the different regions just unloading person after person. Looks like I'm not the only one who got shipped here, he thought as he raised a brow. Instinctively Rowan reached up, gripping the straps of his backpack. Afraid someone might try and steal from him. But he knew that with Lala perched on his shoulder there was no way that would happen. Even if it did the boy knew that they'd either get scared of the dual ghost-fairy type sitting there like she was his own personal security guard, or they'd be extremely terrified by her lifting up her disguise. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though, Rowan didn't need anyone seeking professional counseling because they decided to pick-pocket the wrong trainer.

Looking around the pink haired boy managed to hear a girl with similar hair coloration ask a boy to stick around for her dance performance as he walked by. Shrugging his shoulders Rowan didn't really show any interest. Back home they had a lot of dancing whenever they held important ceremonies or festivals, even then he didn't really care. So without acknowledging either person, or Pokémon, the boy quietly slipped on by. He didn't need to delay the call he owed both his parents any longer than he was.

“DR-CHOO!”
“You really should be more careful when traveling in the rain, dear. Especially when you’re carrying a baby Pokémon like Dratini around.”

The Nurse Joy in the Pokémon Center said, her soft, gentle tinged scolding as she took in the young woman and her sneezing Dragon-Type.
“I know, I know... It’s my fault. I just forget that he’s there sometimes because he doesn’t move much. I should have at least taken him out of my hood and put him somewhere more dry, probably should have made him go back in his Pokéball just for his sake. I’m just lucky it isn’t anything worse than just the sniffles.”
Cross said, looking rather guiltily at the shivering Dratini in her arms. She had completely forgotten about him sitting on her hood while she was traveling through a rainstorm, and he caught a cold as a result. She felt horrible.

“Well, just make sure he takes his medicine and he’ll be back to normal in a little over a week.” Nurse Joy informed her, and the young woman nodded fervently.

“I will. Thanks again, Nurse Joy.” She said, turning and heading immediately towards the door.
“Clark, my little baby, I’m sorry. Why didn’t you get my attention?”
“Draaa... choo!”
“Oh, you poor thing. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. You’ll be back to normal soon, you just have to take your medicine.”
“Tiiiiii...”
“I know, I know...”
She cooed, running her fingers over the fine scales of his back (neck?) and whispered some more, but she looked up too late as she found herself running facefirst into some guy with a Nidoran.
“Ah! Crap!” She cried, reeling back, rubbing her nose, blinking a few times before looking up and realizing that she had run into someone, not just the door.
“Oh! Oh, man, my bad!” She said, quickly stepping back and letting her Dratini slide into her hoodie pocket, “I didn’t see you there, I hope I didn’t hit you too hard- oh my Lugia, what’s wrong with him?!”

She was obviously looking at the Nidoran, immediately alarmed by the heavy breathing and the paleness.
“Oh, Lugia, let me get out of your way!” She immediately stepped to the side to let the guy pass, her face very concerned for this Nidoran, the collision completely forgotten in place of this Pokémon’s well-being.

Imjusttryingtofindmyway Imjusttryingtofindmyway

Teal B. Jet,
Vermillion City Docks, BackSet BackSet Arcanist Arcanist

Travelling from Hoenn to Kanto by boat isn't a trip to be sneezed at. It's long, it's expensive and it's surprisingly crowded for such an odd destination. Kanto is hardly a tourist trap, with the only real tourist destinations being Lavender Town and the beautiful scenery of the forests and caves. He hadn't heard about any events in Kanto... Maybe he was just underestimating the region's popularity? If these people wanted a tourist trap, they should be going to Johto, or Unova, or Kalos—any region other than Kanto, really. From what he'd heard, Kanto was just plain bland. Teal needed to strike it off his list at some point, though, and this was the only inter-regional boat that was boarding when he got to Slateport, so it was really his only option if he didn't want to wait. Plus, he could strike Johto off too without paying for another ticket once he was done in Kanto.

His first stop would have to be a PokeMart. His friends back in Lavaridge told him to write back to them once he arrived, and he wasn't one to break a promise. Teal had his bag repacked already, and he was the first to be up on the upper deck when they announced that the boat was docking. What he saw cleared up any confusion on Kanto's popularity; it was beautiful! The sky was cloudless and the most vibrant shade of blue, and the trees! Oh, the trees! Teal frantically scooped Boots' Pokeball out of his bag and released his friend so he had someone to share the moment with.

That was a mistake.

"Come on, Booty! We need to go!" Boots, Teal's beloved Purugly, had plans of her own. Teal was the first on the upper deck, but he'd be the last to leave, for sure... Boots wouldn't budge from where she was released from her ball. "Move! Ugh, you're ridiculous..." Teal caved and plopped down next to his Pokemon, using the bulky mass of fluff as a backrest. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? You know I'm not putting you back in your ball so soon. You're taking advantage of me." Teal observed, looking up at his feline friend. Boots didn't return his gaze, instead opting to move with the crowd on its own, finally. Teal, not expecting to lose his backrest so suddenly, toppled over.

"Hey! Get back here!" Teal yelled, frantically scrambling to his feet and running after his Purugly, who was steadily disappearing in the crowd of people that were fighting to disembark. "Uhm, excuse me... Sorry! Did I step on your foot? Oh, please, you can go first! Be my guest, ma'am, please!" Teal's kindness was getting the better of him. Pushing through crowds wasn't really his specialty... He was clumsy, and he would hate to cut in front of someone. The same definitely couldn't be said for Boots...

---

A Purugly walked down the Vermillion docks alone, hissing at anyone who dared to come near. She promptly knocked over a child who tried to pet her, screeching in the child's face for even thinking about laying a hand on her. She continued marching down the docks toward her goal—a fight. There were only two other Pokemon released from their balls within sight, and this nasty Purugly had its sights set on both of them. An Umbreon and a Aipom, both belonging to different trainers. The Purugly approached, slowing as she neared the two trainers. Determined to antagonize the two Pokemon and start a fight she felt she was sure to win, the Purugly made eye contact with the Aipom on the its trainer's shoulder, planted its feet firm on the wooden dock and hissed.

Artemis Seer
Vermillion City

1560100705404-jpeg.586789
As Artemis walked he heard the rather loud sound of someone seemingly talking to him. He turned to see who it was and saw a girl just a little younger than him with pink hair. She said something about hoping the boat ride wasn't to rocky. Artemis wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a joke. Then the girl said she had a dance preformance going on later. Artemis was perfectly willing to ignore this but Athena's ears pricked up.

The black Pokemon looked up at him with a face like a child pleading to go to a candy shop. Artemis couldn't really say no to that. Though, he was kind of annoyed that Athena had decided she needed to pull the pleady face.

"Er, what time are you performing?" Artemis asked. "I'll, uh, see if I can't swing back around here after I go to the Pokemon Center."

Interacting with: Sandy ( Arcanist Arcanist )

[ Location: Vermillion City ]

He trod along the ground with a silent step, practically being completely mute in his quest to get to the small town of Vermillion city. A magnificent sight of a bouquet was held delicately in his crossed arms, almost looking as if he were holding a baby. It looked as if a beautiful meadow were condensed into a single bundle of flowers- or maybe even a rainbow condensed into a bundle of flowers. Bright blooming Gracadias laced the side of the bouqet which contained a beautiful assortment of richly coloured flowers in-between it. The stems of the flowers was gently wrapped in light blue polyester, containing the heap. Mino had been talking to one of his few friends in his quaint little shop located in Saffron city, of which just sat above Vermillion city, with a short Route 6 sitting between the two of them. He figured that said friend deserved a gift to help them feel better, after having been sat down and told of their horrendous daily struggles. It was the least he could do for them. After all, he loved making these special bouquets for people. It allowed him to test out ideas and sink in more time to specific projects to widen his already broad range of expression with flora.

Before he knew it, he was stood at the very edge of Vermillion city. He could tell by the small size of the town, combined with that putrid scent of fish and salt. The horror. Mino's nose scrunched up at the smell and cringed. His synapses were practically screaming at the smell to cease . It took him a moment before he adjusted to the smell, placed a hand over his eyes in an attempt to block out the sun- of which was proving itself to be more of a menace than it did ally at the very moment. He made well sure that he didn't drop his bouquet as he moved his arm. The boy winced, still struggling with the sunlight despite providing shade to his poor green receptors. He could finally see- or see more than what he could've with the light, anyways. What was immediately noticeable other than the magnificent sparkling of the ocean waves that surrounded the South of the city was the massive boat that found itself parked besides a dock with various people swarming out of its side and back onto land. Some appeared to be happy that they were finally out of the massive hunk of steel, practically kissing the ground as they scuttled out hurriedly. Others looked quite disappointed that their ride had ended. He winced more, hyper focusing his attention on the gently bobbing boat.

"Is that the SS Anne?"

There was a gentle cry from behind him, sounding as if it'd come from a similarly curious Leafeon. Sat besides the avid florist's leg was, in fact, a Leafeon. Sprout, to be more specific. The Leafeon sat just behind Mino's leg, shyly poking its head out from besides the green haired male's jeans, as if it were hiding from something- probably social interaction. Like Mino, it squinted at the ship in a meek attempt to try to locate its name; likely obscured by the writhing mass of people exiting the thing. Also similarly to Mino, the Leafeon had folded one of its large ears just above its eyes to shield itself from the sunlight. The sun felt painfully bright to the both of them, and almost felt like somebody had used Sunny Day just to irritate the people of Vermillion City. Perhaps its because they'd holed themselves up in their shop for a while designing this bouquet. Probably. What was noticeable about the two was as they stood besides each other, the were looking almost as if they were personifications of each other. Mino looked like the personification of Sprout, and Sprout looked like the pokemon personification of Mino. The two were blissfully unaware of the similarities at the given moment, but only because it was extremely attention demanding to try to read a boat's name that you couldn't even see.

Though the two were unable to spot the boat's name, what they did catch wind of was a small cluster of pokemon shared between two trainers. One of the two individuals were a pink haired girl that had her back faced to Min, whilst the other was a man stood before her with a serious expression on his face. It wouldn't take much imagination to assume that he was one of the individuals that didn't want to be off of that boat. Stood besides the man was a small four legged creature with golden rings coating its body- an Umbreon. Perched on the girl's shoulder like a Chatot was an Aipom, which looked like it had a surplus of energy coursing through it, evident by the fact it was gently bounding idly on its trainer's shoulder. Then, there was.. trouble. A Purugly slowly prowling towards the two of them, looking as if it was taking aim at the pokemon on the pink haired girl's shoulder. It looked like it was riling itself up for a fight, for sure. The vile cat hissed at the purple monkey, challenging the bouncy pokemon. Min pulled his hand away from his head and winced, sharply inhaling through his teeth as he did so. The sunlight wasn't the cause of this wince, but it was rather caused by the fight that looked as if it were surely about to spark right in front of him. The Leafeon did the same and had its ear retreat back onto the top of its head, before it slowly found its ears pinning themselves against its neck in a growing sense of nervousness shared between it and its trainer. The two shared the same aura with one another. They both shifted on the spot, looking like spooked Ponyta raring to speed off- but the anticipation of the fight had proved itself to be too much to resist. Hopefully there wouldn't be a fight, despite how keen that Purugly looked in starting some mayhem.​

Sandy.jpg
Sandy Beech

Located: Vermillion City | Interaction: Artemis ( BackSet BackSet ), Purugly ( thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ), Mino/Leafeon ( SpotBandit SpotBandit ) | ♫ : Welcome to Vermillion City! / A Huge Free-For All |

Sandy had been poised, waiting for a 'no' or shaking of the head and a walk off from this guy, so, she was pleasantly surprised when a positive response had come out of his mouth. The girl glanced to Jitter with a grin, before she turned her attention back fully to the young man. "In an hour's time," she remarked casually, though, her stomach was bubbling with excitement at the thought of at least one person thinking of stopping by. "It'd be great if we saw you and your Umbreon there." She had noticed the way the Pokémon had glanced up at its owner with its gleaming dark eyes. Surely he'd have to come along now. The deal was sealed, after all.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a hissing somewhere. Blinking, Sandy swerved on her feet, searching for the source of the sound.

Jitter, too, searched around, though, had turned his body to search in the other direction instead. That was when he noticed a Purugly lugging its fat, round body around, hissing at him. For a moment, Jitter's bouncing had ceased as he stared at the cat, its whispers practically wiggling in its earnestness to start a fight. The Aipom let a mischievous grin over take his face, and he leapt from Sandy's shoulder onto the ground, bounding from one foot to the other. Though, the purple monkey didn't give in to the wired whiskered Purugly's demand to fight. He had other ideas.

Making sure he had the lumpy cat's attention, he spun on his feet and leaned forward. His face was poised towards the cat, and with a cheeky laugh, started moving his bottom round in quick circular motions and waving his handy tail (ha) in an attempt to rile up the cat even more. To make matters much worse for himself, he lifted his left hand, and smacked his bottom a few times. Come and get me~, the grin was conveying, and soon enough, the Aipom was shrieking with delight as it bolted off on all fours.

By the time Sandy had realised Jitter's intentions and heard his shrieks of delight, Jitter was swerving in and out of peoples' legs - notably swinging past a leg belonging to a young man clutching at a bouquet of flowers, a leafy Pokémon of some description hanging around his feet - and disappearing out of the harbour. Any normal trainer would have been immediately taken aback, running like a headless Torchic after their beloved Pokémon. Sandy just stood stupefied, blinking as she was beginning to realise what was happening. Her hands were still in her pockets, though, her fingers ceased for a moment in wonder. Though, after a few more blinks, she managed to shout after the Aipom, "Hey, Jitter! Where're you going?!"

Location Vermilion city​
Bob was already in a bad mood as he walked with his muk towards the dock. Ever since he got here people wouldn't stop complaining about the way Sludge smelled. One especially rude man threatened to call the cops if he didn't put Sludge away. "So what if he smells a little, thats not his fault." He mumbled to himself. As he got to the dock he saw that a ship had arrived and was in the process of letting people off. "Muuk!" Sludge happily said as he ozzed around, his stench seeming to fill the area. "You having a good time buddy?" That was when Sludge decided he was hungry and ozzed over to a trash can and started eating it's contents. "Hey don't eat that you know your on a diet!" He said as he tried to pull the can away from his hungry Muk.
(open for interaction)

Teal B. Jet,
Vermillion City Docks, Arcanist Arcanist SpotBandit SpotBandit

(Sorry for the iffy post, I'm writing this from the bathroom at work. I just couldn't wait! I usually write on a computer, so this is definitely out of the ordinary for me.)

Boots, the Purugly, had expected either complete submission or a foolhardy attempt at battling from the Aipom. Her expectations seemed to be met when the Aipom let a sly smile take over its facial features, and even more so when the Pokemon leapt from its shoulder perch and ran toward its antagonizer. To this Boots grinned, and awaited her prey to fall within easy swiping distance; that moment never came, though. The Aipom stayed just out of reach, something Boots entertained out of curiosity until the cocky monkey began teasing. The pure distaste was evident on the Purugly's already less than tasteful features.

When the Aipom ran off, Purugly followed suit. Despite their appearances, Puruglies are fairly fast Pokemon—what they lack, however, is manuverability. For every boat-goer that Aipom swiftly snuck underneath, the Purugly threatened to plow over if they didn't move out of the way. Some didn't, and met that exact fate with a surprised yelp. This Purugly wasn't in the business of being gentle.

To make matters worse, she wasn't getting the battle she wanted either. The Aipom was too fast for her, clearly... And she knew no ranged attacks to make up for the distance between them. So, when the Aipom ran past a Leafeon and it's owner, the Purugly changed course to a target that was notably easier to hit.

Boots made no attempt at a fair fight this time, instead charging full-force with a Bulldoze directed straight at the Leafeon.

Last edited:
Interaction: thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

A tense atmosphere loomed over the green duo. Both the Leafeon and its owner had been quietly shuffling on their spots and had bitten their lower lips gently as the Aipom had started to taunt the hefty Purugly stood in front of it, waiting for just the right moment to take a swipe at it. Or maul it. An idiotic thing to on the Aipom’s part, do given a Purugly's speed and hastiness to swat at someone with their horrid claws. This one probably didn't even have claws- it probably had honed its claws so much that they could be considered more like knives than claws. Mino and Sprout, despite the two being nowhere near the confrontation of the two pokemon, could feel the heat of the interaction. It was horrid. The fight seemed inevitable, yet the Aipom made well sure to only taunt when it was out of the Purugly's short range. A smart idea, but given a Purugly's speed.. it was still a horrendously bad idea. Purugly bodies reminded Min of Zoruas and Zoroarks. Their lardy bodies were a ruse; a cover. Right as you assume that you got to move first, this hefty cat would charge at you and knock your lights out- probably for its own entertainment. The things were almost as fast as a Jolteon. Though, at least their other stats were lacklustre, such as their attack. Of course, an attack from a pokemon would hurt regardless, so it'd be best to stay as far away as possible from the cheeky pokemon.

A sense of dread enveloped the two of them once the Aipom had started joyfully hopping off in a hurry, whilst it started to weave between people's legs as it made its great escape. What was even worse was the fact that the grey cat started charging after it, displaying that shocking speed of its. The thing had a complete disregard for anyone or anything standing in its way and bowled over any living thing the Aipom had so skilfully thread itself through. Maybe it was because of its bad manoeuvrability, or maybe it was because it wanted to hurt anything that got in its way. To be quite honest, it was likely the latter. Sprout retreated a little further behind Min’s leg as the boy stood there in silent awe, as the both of them watched the purple monkey hurry away with the cat following behind it furiously, with the Purugly looking as if it was aware of its lack of ranged moves to pelt the mischievous monkey with. It almost felt like one of those animated pursuit chases in old cartoons that used to be displayed on television, given how liquid the Aipom’s movements were as it ran by unwilling people. Of course this time, it was far less funny.

Given the two’s positioning near the entrance of the town, the Aipom had hurried past them and rushed out of the city into Route 6, away from the furious pokemon following behind it. The both of them turned their heads as the creature hopped off happily, with its tail following behind it in glee. It was probably satisfied with its escape. For a second, they both thought it was over. It was done; the Aipom had made it out of the city, and the Purugly would follow it until it managed to get an attack on it, or simply give up and return to whatever owner it belonged to. A relief.. if that were the case. Instead, what the two would’ve found by the time that they turned their heads back to face the harbour, the Purugly had taken target of the two. Notably, the Leafeon. One of Min’s hands shot out from the embrace it was giving his flowers and pointed it at the Purugly as it hurriedly charged towards the two. He hurriedly sputtered on his words, a surge of adrenaline shooting through him as he did so.

“G-Grass Whistle, Grass Whistle!” Shrieked Min. His trusty partner, of which also seemed extremely startled by the sudden change of targets, hurriedly brought up its tail to its mouth, faced sideways. Despite being startled, the eeveelution blew into the side of its tail gently, before the tail began to glow white. Almost immediately, various shades of green musical notes manifested around the Leafeon and surrounded the local area . The harmonious song would’ve hurriedly the Purugly into a sleep before the cat would inevitably hit the floor— hopefully. Sprout’s grass whistle was a potent thing. The two would just hope it hit the ground before it managed to bulldoze the two over.​

Sandy.jpg
Sandy Beech

Located: Vermillion City | Interaction: Purugly ( thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ), Mino ( SpotBandit SpotBandit ) | ♫ : A Huge Free-For All |

Jitter had been galloping at his fastest, shrieking and laughing in absolute glee at the Purugly following suit. He hadn't had a chase like this in a good while - an entire week, his trainer would have argued, mind you. After he passed both the trainer and his Leafeon, the Aipom cheerfully landed into Route 6, finding a nearby tree to swing into so he could get the jump on the hulking mass of a cat. He couldn't contain his excitement, the branch of the tree vibrating and swaying as he bounced on it, not keeping his incognito mode incredibly secret as he had hoped. Though, after some time, the Purugly never showed. By this time, the glee and thrill of the chase had dissipated, leaving the Aipom confused, scratching his head at the lack of a Purugly scanning the area. Perhaps it had grown tired. Perhaps it had given up.

The Jitter swung from the branch, hanging by its tail as it searched for the Purugly. Maybe it was planning an ambush! Maybe this was where it wanted him... though, in its upside down state, he noticed the Purugly charging at a completely different target...

By then, Sandy had hastily left the older man's side, curving around the crowd after seeing that Purugly practically bolt after Jitter. Not good... She had thought to herself. If she could grab Jitter first, get him back into his Pokéball to sit it out for awhile, the situation wouldn't go completely south.

Jitter proved too nimble, much faster than Sandy herself, so he was out of the crowd and on the road to Route 6 before she could even think of such an idea. She halted, rubbing her forehead. She really had to get his energy out somehow before these performances. He got too excited, she knew that, but there was never any method that could calm him that she tried. She sighed, about to go off and find Jitter - until she noticed that Purugly had completely changed its course. And was Bulldozing right towards a Leafeon.

"H-hey, Kitty, just chill a minute...!" Sandy had cried after it, but it was like watching one of those action movie stunts in slow motion. She could only hope that the Leafeon could slow it down and make that Purugly drop to the ground, but even that seemed hopeful at best. Sandy's eyes snapped towards the trainer, and she couldn't help but shout, "Move it!" Though, she doubted very much if one or even both of them could shift out of the way in time.

Vermillion City
After being bowled down by a clearly agitated Purugly, Tae could only rub his back and groan. Turns out a hard trip down to the pavement Ike that wasn't very good for your skin. Sudden realization pushed his pain to the side in an instance and he began to frantically search around for Lapin. He calmed down quickly though, to see her just slightly dazed and lying on the ground a few feet away.

he scooper her up off the ground gently and carried her over to where he could hear the cry of a startled trainer. Tae's mind, going far too fast to focus on any one detail, noted many different things in the next few seconds: the flowers that poor guy was holding we're gorgeous, he wondered where that Purguly's trainer was, that Leafeon did manage to land that Grass Whistle, but being so panicked- would it be enough to take down it's attacker? He inched closer to the two and prepared to pull one of his other Pokemon out of their ball just in case it proved needed.

he had never known a whole lot about Pokemon, so it took a few seconds of thinking before he was confident in who he'd need to call out. Purugly -- effective against dark, steel, ice, rock... Vulnerable to Psychic. his watchful eyes flickered between the two observently, careful to keep aware.

The commotion at the port that very moment could not have been anything less than pure chaos. The Aipom he noticed earlier was weaving through people's legs, a Purugly in pursuit that was knocking people over. Rowan managed to move before he could become a victim of the big cat. People nearby were thrown to the ground by the big cat, but thankfully no one took a dive into the ocean. Though he felt a bit bad for a boy and his Buneary who were caught up in the madness. As the boy stood near the port exit into the city, he saw the chaos subside a bit. Only for the Purugly to turn towards a boy with flowers and his Leafon, preparing itself to attack. Holding his breath the boy looked nervously at the Mimikyu on his shoulder whose eyes gave away her worry. "Not our circus, not our Mankey," he quietly whispered to Lala as they both glanced back at the chaos once more. Neither one of them wanting to be involved.

So Rowan slowly inched his way closer towards the city entrance. Inching quickly turned into full blown running at this point since he didn't want to know the aftermath of this fiasco. When the boy left the port and got on the main road of Vermillion City, he sighed in relief,
"Oh thank Arceus!" Rowan stood on the road for a minute, breathing heavily as an attempt to catch his breath. It was obvious physical activities such as that weren't his strong suit. A screech came from his shoulder as Lala looked at the boy, worry still in her eyes. Rowan's pink orbs turned to his partner as he smiled a bit meekly, "I'm not much of a trainer Lala. I wouldn't have been much help to them anyways," scratching the body his Mimikyu's costume the Pokémon gave a screechy type of purr, "Let's go to the Pokémon Center and call mom and dad. Is that alright with you?" The Pokémon let out a happy type of screech as approval. With that the two started heading in the general direction of the Pokémon Center.

After around fifteen minutes Rowan was standing in front of his destination. They might have gotten there a bit faster if he knew where he was going, but being from a different region meant not know where to go. So this caused him to timidly ask passersby and look at street signs.
"We made it!" Lala screeched in delight as she gazed at the white and red building in front of her. With a smile the boy walked inside, eyes scanning the interior for the phones. Spotting the along the east wall Rowan's smile turned into a grin as he made his way over.

[Location: Pewter City]
Interaction with explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

• Latte ignored the girl he nearly ran over and bolted to Nurse Joy. He would have apologized, but he was pretty sure the Nidoran in his arms was dieing.

"Nurse Joy, we need help! Now!" Latte cried out, starling the nurse behind the counter so badly she threw up the documents in her arms in fright. Cafe was right behind Latte, his fur was soaked, he shook his body and dried himself in seconds.

"He's hurt, I don't know what's wrong with him," Latte began explaining, his voice shaking.

Nurse Joy came over, a glare in her eyes, "yes well there is not reason to scream, this is a hospital after all. And I'm sure he's fine, probably just a cold. Did he eat properly in the morning?"

"I don't know, he's a wild pokemon," Latte explained quickly, "I was about to fight him with my Growlithe when he collapsed. I can't seem to find out what's wrong with him. I used a potion but it doesn't seem to wake him up."

Nurse Joy nodded, "I understand, please, let me," she took the offered pokemon in her arm, "follow along please. He may be a wild Pokemon but I need to understand exactly what happened from you."

Latte nodded, "sure, no problem," he followed behind Nurse Joy who carried the Nidoran to the back room. The back room had sevral Pokemon placed on beds with curtains drawn around them. She lead him to the main surgical room where she put the sick Nidoran on a operating table with a spotlight on it. She quickly attached several wire to it's body, connecting them to monitoring devices.

"Your name?" Joy asked as she began her scans.

"Vanilla Latte," Latte replied.

Joy looked over, an eyebrow raised, "that's your real name?"

"Yes, why?"

"N-no reason. People tend to give fake ones to not get in trouble with the law." Law blinked, but shrugged it off as just off.

Caffe barked, Latte sighed, shaking his head and reached down, scratching his partner behind the ear, clearly still worried. They waited paitenly for Nurse Joy to ask them questions. A few moments passed as she came to them, her eyes a little dark, "you said you found this in the wild?"

Latte nodded, "yeah. Just out of town. Honestly though I can't be specific because we were lost," Cafe grumbled at the mention of his failure, "but yeah, we found him lost. No sign of poisoning, no nothing. Did you find anything?"

"Just this," Joy replied, motioning him to follow to the Nidoran as she carefully pulled back Nidroan's left ear, the moment Latte saw it his blood ran cold. His hands began to shake and his heart beat grew louder.

BANG!

Latte's fist hit the solid concrete wall, a tiny crack forming on the surface, "Rocket."

Teal B. Jet,
Vermillion City Docks, Arcanist Arcanist SpotBandit SpotBandit Tall Bear Tall Bear

The Purugly didn't hear what the startled trainer shouted, but she knew a Grass Whistle when she heard it. The idea of being put to sleep when she was having so much fun playing outside of her ball infuriated her, but there was nothing she could do; she collapsed in a deep slumber mere feet away from her target, likely much to the relief of everyone in the vicinity.

---

Finally pushing from the crowd of disembarking boaters, Teal was concerned to find that Boots wasn't waiting patiently in front of him. A quick glance around confirmed that his Pokemon wasn't even on the docks! His mind raced; he'd heard stories of Team Rocket taking Pokemon from unsuspecting trainers, and the very possibility chilled him to the bone. Immediately Teal began running, "Booty! Here, Kitty-Kitty!" He yelled, getting some weird looks from a few people standing on the docks. Some people were even pointing at him! How rude!

"Oh, come on... How far could she have gone?" Teal slowed from a sprint to a jog, then a disheartened walk as his beloved Pokemon was nowhere in sight. If only she'd left some sort of trail for him to follow, like bread crumbs or...

"Oh no..."

Overturned people and Pokemon. People rubbing their hindquarters, a boy frantically searching for his Buneary, a woman shouting... Tell-tale signs of either a wild Pokemon or a loose Purugly. With another sigh, Teal kicked himself back into a jog and ran in the direction of the shouting woman. Considering she was yelling at a kitty, he figured that'd be his best bet. He wondered for a moment how he should approach—completely apologetic, or should he worry about his Pokemon first?

"I'm so sorry!" Teal yelled, catching sight of his Purugly collapsed in front of a startled Leafeon and its owner. He broke into a sprint, falling to his knees and sliding into his Purugly once he was close enough. He started looking over his sleeping Pokemon, checking for signs of an intense battle; he was relieved when he found nothing of the sort. He looked up at the Leafeon, then the trainer, and before he had time to think his arms were wrapped around the trainer.

After a few moments Teal pulled away, frantically searching his bag for Purugly's Pokeball, "Thank you so much, I have no idea what I would've done if she'd hurt one of you... Grass Whistle, right? That was a really smart move!" Teal complimented, the smile returning to his face as he casually put his Purugly back in her ball.

"She was just playing, really. She's been fighting all her life, so sometimes she thinks she doesn't need me there with her." He held the ball up to his face, as if scolding it, "She's wrong, and hopefully she learned her lesson this time."

Putting the ball back in his bag, Teal extended his hand to the trainer, "My name is Teal, and that mass of fluff was Boots. We came from Hoenn. How about you?"

Cross watches the boy rush by her, without saying a word to her (“Rude!”) and immediately approach the counter and start shouting in a panic at Nurse Joy.

“... Well, I guess he has a good reason to be rude, at least.” She said, mostly to herself as her Dratini pokes his head out of her hoodie pocket.
“Tiiiiniii...”
“I know right? I wonder what’s going on with that poor thing. Guess I’ll never find out.”
She watched as Nurse Joy and the boy disappeared into the back of the Center, and with that, Cross turned towards the door, prepared to step out, only to hesitate a bit upon seeing the deluge that was coming down.

She breathed in through her teeth and furrowed her brows just a bit as she considered the walk ahead.
“Oooh... yeah... Why don’t we wait till it calms down a bit. Yeah?” she glances down at her sneezing Dratini, who was nodding fervently in agreement, “Yeah, lets just go sit down.”

She was sitting there for a good half an hour, playing some stupid game on her fancy new touchscreen Pokégear, when Nurse Joy appeared from the back room and looked around, then called out to her. When she looked up, she looked around just in case she was mistaken, before she finally got up and walked over. From there she was led back into one of the main surgery rooms and...

“Oh hey, it’s you.” She blurted, upon coming face to face with the guy, her face steely. After a moment, she blinked and looked around before her eyes fell on the Nidoran and her expression softened in concern.

“So... why did you call me?”
“Well, you are a Pokémon Professor, Miss Laurel-“

“Miss Laurel, ooogh, sounds like my mother...”
“Would you prefer Professor?”
“Oh, Lugia, no, I haven’t even gotten my white lab coat yet.”

Nurse Joy smiled a patient little grin before turning to Latte, “Mister Latte, this is Professor Cross Laurel-Elm.”
“Just Cross is fine, please.”
She said awkwardly, rubbing her head in embarrassment at the formal title.
“Miss Laurel I was hoping to convince you to help us with this Nidoran. He seems to be affected by something I can’t quite identify.”
“Ah... AhEM, right. Sorry.”
She cleared her throat awkwardly and looked around, “I’ll certainly do whatever I can.” She looked around, then suddenly wandered to a far corner and standing shoving things around to clear a space, “Pardon me, I have a very specific environment I need to work with, also I suggest you go and get some gloves for this, handling poison types with bare hands is never a good idea.”

Once Nurse Joy had scuttled off to fetch some leather gloves, Cross pulled a Pokeball out of one of her MANY cargo pants pocket and brought out her best friend, Luna the Meganium into the corner she had just cleared.

“Guuuu!” The Meganium criesd, the ring of petals around her neck spreading out to search for sunlight, but finding none.”
“Shhhshshsh, Luna keep quiet, we’re in a hospital!” Cross shushed, pressing a finger to her partner’s big mouth before pulling away.
“Meguuu?” The Grass-type questioned, tipping her head to the side.
“I know, I know this is a weird place to do this but just... you know the drill. Aromatherapy. Get the chill vibes going?”
After a moment, the Meganium nodded her head and promptly settled in the corner, sitting down and ruffling her petals a bit. Slowly, the air was filled with a sweet, soothing smell, and Cross, after a moment’s consideration decided to leave her Dratini with Luna in the back corner.

“This is a Grass-Type move called Aromatherapy,” Cross said as she walked back over to the table, thinking that she should explain what she’s doing while she gets ready, “it’s most well known purpose is that of healing Status conditions during battle, but outside of battle it still has the soothing effect on both caught and wildness Pokémon, so I typically have her around using this move when I’m dealing with wild Pokémon. Now the real process begins.”

Once Nurse Joy returned, Cross got to work. With help from the nurse, she drew a little blood, got a sample of saliva, even managed to pocket a plastic test tube of its venom before she scuttled off to a separate lab to finish up tests.

When she came back, her face was grave, but confused.
“... I don’t understand...” She muttered, looking at the Nidoran, bewildered.
“What is it, Cross?” Nurse Joy asked.
“... Erm, we need to get some nutrients into this poor boy, immediately. I don’t care how, but do it. He is drastically low in iron, protein, zinc, vitamins, everything.”

While Nurse Joy rushes off, Cross leaned on the table with the Nidoran laid out on it.
“... He’s not sick.” She said, more to herself than to Latte, “there’s no evidence of disease in his system. I even double checked with some of my own travel sized machines, but there’s definitely something wrong. But he’s also incredibly malnourished. All my analysis shows that he is three, MAYBE four days old. But he’s full grown. And he should be with his mother still. It’s like... it’s like his body is growing faster than his system can keep up with...”

Slowly, she reached over and flipped the little guy’s ear back, looking at the big R stamped there on the back, and she huffed in disgust at the mere thought, “Sounds like some kind of experiment that Team Rocket would pull...”
She sighed and carefully ran a gloved hand over the poor thing’s skin, trying to be soothing, before looking up at Latte and asking, “... You said you found him in the woods, alone?”

Imjusttryingtofindmyway Imjusttryingtofindmyway

Last edited:
Artemis Seer
Vermillion City
Artemis stood there for a few seconds and observed the chaos. After a few minutes of watching he just turned away and began walking towards the Pokemon center with his hands in his pocket. Athena followed closely behind him. He'd stop by in an hours time to watch the performance but for now he had a call to make.

The way to the Pokemon Center was inward, away from the docks and towards the city limits. The center was close to the route leading into the city so that trainers could make pit stops there immediately. It was convienient for them but inconvenient for Artemis as it was a ways away and he had chosen an older and more run down part of town.

[open for interaction]

Interaction: thetasfiasco thetasfiasco

Sandy's cry for Mino and Sprout to jump out of the way immediately fell on deaf ears, but luckily it ultimately wasn't needed. Grass Whistle made contact with the pokemon, and without anything to protect its ears from the song, the fight the cat was anticipating was already over before it began. The tense Mino was more than certain that somehow the Purugly would somehow avoid falling asleep despite the contact with the potent Grass Whistle and heartlessly charge straight into his eeveelution companion, but found that the cat's slowing movements were indicating that it would ultimately prove no match for the sleep inducing move. The lardy Purugly's movements would grow slower and more sluggish in their nature, before the cat would've been fumbling around with its feet in a meek attempt to ram the Leafeon. It kind of looked like the thing was tap dancing. Shortly after having been exposed to the peaceful melody, the Purugly fell right asleep in front of Mino and Sprout, having just barely failed to land a hit on the two. Nobody was a match for Sprout's Grass Whistle- except for pokemon with Insomnia. They wouldn't really regard the grass-type song whatsoever.

The both of them were glued to their spots, having been horribly spooked by the attack. They were frozen in time. Their hearts were racing faster than a wild Rapidash as they both stared down at the peacefully dozing pokemon laid right before them. Even with the pokemon fast asleep, it felt as if it'd suddenly wake right back up and attack both of them even more viciously than it intended before. That same, mortified expression was painted on their faces. You couldn't blame them- neither of them fought, or even liked fighting. Not only that, but having a massive pokemon bulldoze their way straight for you in a bee-line was terrifying. Mino could only imagine how horrified Sprout was, having been on the same eye-level as the horrid cat. There was a tension shared between the two, before they finally realised their luck. Both of their shot-up, tense positions eventually fell slump as the two of them shared a sigh of relief. Crisis averted. Now; who did this Purugly belong to? The question didn't linger in Mino's mind for too long, as the owner of the almost feral cat came scrambling up to his sleeping partner. Min struggled to even look at the trainer in the eyes, despite how unsure he was feeling with the boy. Both the Leafeon and the human remained completely silent as they contemplated how to feel about their unlikely circumstances, unsure wether to feel angry with the owner or nervous, as their senses told them that social interaction was about to ensue.

And of course, it did. The boy stood in front of them lunged out towards Mino and gave him a bearhug, with Mino almost letting out a petrified squeak, having not expected the sudden embrace. His entire body stiffened up at the other person's touch, his own embrace on his promptly forgotten bouquet growing tight. He refrained from digging his nails into the flowers, despite the urge to claw at something being immense. The Leafeon's droopy ears and concerned expression conveyed a sense of unease and nervousness similar to Mino's, knowing all too well that the green haired male was far from accustomed to unwelcome hugs. The eeveelution was probably happy that it didn't need to be hugged itself, so it simply popped itself down and waited for the hug to end.

And luckily for Mino, it ended relatively quickly. The newcomer let go, and Mino could finally breathe normally. His body, though still stiff, would slowly begin to relax after the physical interaction, being relieved it wasn't squeezed by a complete stranger that almost had their cat attack them and their partner. The hug given by Teal was then followed up by a compliment, which made both Mino and Sprout smile sheepishly in unison. One of Mino's pale hands rose up behind the back of his head and rubbed the nape of his neck ever so gently to help assure himself that he wouldn't obviously fidget with the bouquet or with his own sleeve ends, knowing all too well that the nervous shuffling would easily convey that he wasn't feeling comfortable. And that, in the long run, would make Min feel worse than he should.

Though, Min couldn't really open his mouth to speak between the boy's sentences, as the boy frantically tried to explain why his trusty Purugly was so aggressive in their mannerisms. Both Min and Sprout struggled to feel angry with the other trainer, given that he seemed genuinely nice- unlike his moody cat. They dropped any negative feelings towards the boy stood in front of them and simply remained still with small smiles on their faces; a ruse for their growing sense nervousness. It also would've been a telling sign that he was nervous if the trainer stood in front of him was a friend of Min's. Before long, the person stood in front of Mino introduced himself as Teal, and his moody feline friend as Boots. A cute name, but it provided so much juxtaposition for the general idea of the cat and what they were and acted. Boots the cat; you'd imagine a cute feline friend, maybe a Glameow at most, that was well-mannered and probably quite cute. But no- you'd be a fool for thinking that. Boots had already made herself out to be a horrifying Purugly with a bone to pick with anyone that stood in her way. Hopefully for anyone coming into contact with her in the future, she wouldn't be as aggressive.

"Aaah," Started Min, now finding himself more nervous to talk than he did not talk. The words scattered in his head hurriedly fumbled around in a meek attempt to form a sentence without stuttering- something that may prove hard, given that he and his partner were almost rammed into by a gung-ho Boots. "My name is Mino, and this is Sprout." Said Mino as he pointed to his similarly shy Leafeon. "We're florists that work in Saffron city. We came to Kanto two or three years ago."

[Pewter City]

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

• Latte explained everything to the young Professor before him, he didn't leave out any details, not a thing, and when he was done she took out some kind of tab and recorded everything he said, mumbling to herself something he couldn't really make out.

Latte had to admit he was impressed, he never gave much through to Pokemon biology, he'll be the first to admit he was an idiot when it came to things like IV and other kind of stats, but watching this professor work was eye opening. Maybe a guide of Pokemon care would be useful after all.

"Thanks," Latte spoke up, Professor Cross looked up, blinking. Latte motioned to the sick Nidoran, "for helping him. He isn't mine but...thanks." The woman just smiled and nodded, going back to her notes.

Latte touched the Nidoran, rubbing his fingers around the soft skin, careful not ot poke himself on it's thorns. She said he needed his mother...if she was still alive Latte would make sure the Pokemon rejoined her.

Joy soon came in and she and Professor Cross, as Latte took to calling her in his head, began treating the pokemon. It seemed to have an immediate effect as almost at once one could see a bit of color return to it's cheek.

"I'll be taking him to one of the beds, now that he's stable it should only be a matter of time," Nurse Joy explained, wheeling the Pokemon away.

"Thanks," Latte replied, the nurse nodded with a smile. Latte then turned to the young professor in the room.

"Latte," Latte replied, holding out his hand, "Vanilla Latte."

Cross looked surprised, looking him up and down briefly before shaking the offered hand, "... Cross. Just Cross.”

"Not Professor?"

"Oh Lugia no, even if I wasn’t still technically in training I wouldn’t want anyone to call me that anyway. It’s so... Impersonal.” Cross stated, shrugging awkwardly and looking off to the side. Mentally reminded himself to call her Cross, dropping the title.

"Right...I just wanted to say thanks, for helping."

"What? Oh, please, my pleasure. It's why I’m doing all of this. Pokémon deserve just as much care and love as humans do.”

Latte nodded, he was about to ask her something more, when Cafe started to bark. "What is it boy?" Latte asked, the pokemon barked again. Latte looked confused, even Cross looked concerned, and then the world seemed to collapse around them.

BOOM!

Sandy.jpg
Sandy Beech

Located: Vermillion City | Interaction: Teal ( thetasfiasco thetasfiasco ), Mino ( SpotBandit SpotBandit ) | Mentioned: N/A | ♫ : Welcome to Vermillion City! |

Sandy could feel the thumping of her heart steady and soften after watching the Purugly collapse and fall into a sleepy stupor. She blew a sigh through her lips. She hadn't been affected by something that intense for a long while. Glancing around, she watched the chaos on the docks. People barely getting themselves off the ground, disgruntled mutterings. It didn't seem as though anyone had been horribly injured which was a positive sign, Sandy noted. She turned towards the Leafeon and its owner, intending on asking if they weren't too badly shaken up, until a cry of an apology sounded from the crowd.

The girl swerved towards the voice, and followed that of a trainer who dove to the ground and towards the Purugly. Needless to say, they found the hulking mass's owner with little difficulty. Unlike the many other passengers of St. Anne and walkabouts of Vermillion City, Sandy had observed quietly, and without pinning much blame on either trainer or Pokémon. After all, it was a Pokémon's nature to scrap, and it was clear that Purugly was itching for one to get its energy out. Though, speaking of a Pokémon working the energy out of itself, she couldn't help but let a frown and a wrinkled brow slip onto her expression. Really, part of the onus was laid on her and Jitter. It wasn't all the cat's fault as she found out by the murmurs and the irate stares at her back. Though, she paid little heed to them as she always had done, and approached the two trainers, who were already exchanging names and seeming to be on a good relationship basis after a frightening encounter of cat-kind.

"Sorry to butt in, but..." Sandy began, and she held up her hands, that were still stuck to the interior linings of her jacket pockets, in a guilty confession. "The Purugly wasn't all to blame. If Boots started anything, then my Aipom was probably the one to continue it," she explained, her lips thinning and twisting into the expression of that of an ashamed child. "Jitter is a trickster. And a stirrer. And...well, a misbehaved little scamper overall," she admitted, sighing. "So, I owe both of you guys and your Pokémon an apology, really. If I paid more attention to him, maybe he wouldn't have sent everyone's blood pressure up." Sandy chuckled, trying to lighten the mood somewhat. Or at least, her mood.

"Speaking of..." Sandy hummed, leaning on her tiptoes to scan over the crowd, and leaned down to check the various pairs of legs walking the harbour and into the city. "I gotta find the little guy. He's probably playing his famous hide n' seek game..." She mused. It had started when she first took the little chimp on, trying to hide him under the various junk of things under her old bed. He always gave it away though, with his chittering and his devilish little laugh and various other ape noises. Sandy glanced between the two trainers, slipping a hand out of her pocket to rub at the back of her neck. "Don't suppose you saw where he ran off to?"

The Garage
(Music to listen to while reading

"Yo Rick, my bike fixed up yet."
Rick let out a grunt and stood up from his position from the red motorcycle. He turned to the voice and saw a fat young man wearing a blue polo, jeans and a leather jacket. Rick then said to the beefy young man while patting the bike's seat,

"Yeah Fats, it's all ready to go. Just try not to wreck the stupid thing by trying to impress the dames near the stadium again."

Fats just rolled his eyes and grumbled as he took his bike and rode off. As Fats rode off, Rick saw the familiar looking logo of a rusty-looking anchor on the back of his jacket. This logo was the symbol of the Wharf Rats, the gang both Rick and Fats were members of, and the owners of The Garage, one of their hangouts. He walked into another area of the garage and was greeted by a familiar cry,
"Arbok!"
Rick let out a hearty laugh as he saw an Arbok slithering over to him rapidly. This Arbok was his childhood companion and 'best friend in da whole world" Maul. Once Maul got close enough, he immediately began to nuzzle him. Rick then started to laugh again and said,

"Yeah, yeah. I am happy to see ya too."
Suddenly, he heard someone clear their throat. He looked up and saw a very tall young man wearing the same leather jacket he and fats were wearing. It was Mackey, the resident giant of the Wharf Rats. Mackey pulled out a comb from his jacket pocket and started to comb his hair back, which appeared to be recently greased, and said to him,

"Mick needs ya down at da clubhouse."
Rick just looked at him blankly and said,
"How the hell did ya get in here?"
"I came in with Fats; you must not have noticed me. Now let's go. Patty is outside."

Rick let out a groan of annoyance as he got up and sent Maul to his Pokeball. Patty was the newest member of their crew and was a jumpy, annoying, piece of work. As they walked out, they saw Patty, a younger boy of about 15 wearing the gang's signature leather jacket, but with red, messy hair and a pair of glasses. The two did not say anything to Patty and just started to walk to their turf.

Eventually, they arrived in the general area of their turf in a more old, run-down area of Vermillion. As they walked down the road, Mackey suddenly stuck his hands out and blocked the other two and let out a subtle chuckle. Rick and Patty were about to question the giant when they suddenly noticed what he was laughing at and grinned too. Some guy with an Umbreon was walking down the road towards them. Usually, they wouldn't care about someone walking n their turf. Recently, however, Mick had told the crew that he wanted to buy into some Underworld deal about to go on but lacked the funds to do so. So, he told them to shake down anyone who looked like they had money and was alone that would be stupid enough to wander into their turf. Now, it looked like they found someone that stupid. The three immediately speed up and eventually met him. Mackey stood in the middle of the path, with both Rick and Patty on his left and right, making a human blockade, Mackey then said while putting his hands in his leather jacket pockets," Well, well, well. Looks like someone is a little lost."

Rick then laughed and added in a gravely voice,
"For some dough, we can show ya the way out."
BackSet BackSet

Artemis Seer
Vermillion City

As Artemis walked along, carefully observing his surroundings he saw three gang members head towards him. Oh great. This was going to be fun. And by fun, he meant tedious. He had no plans of being bullied by a bunch of gang members.

"Well, well, well. Looks like someone is a little lost." One of them said.

Another laughed and added, "For some dough we can show you the way out."

Artemis just rolled his eyes. Next to him, Athena growled.

"I can find my own way, thank you." He said. "I own a phone and, by proxy, a gps. I don't need your 'help.'" He didn't make airquotes but his tone obviously implied it.

The real truth of the matter, as you know, was that Artemis' phone was dead. That's why he was going to the Pokemon Center. He still didn't need the "help" of these gang members. He wasn't stupid.

Interacting With: Killerclown Killerclown

The three gang members just laughed at Artemis when he refused their help. Mackey walked up closer to him, literally towering over him. He then said in a deeper, much more serious voice,

"I don't think you grasp what kind of situation you are in smart alec. You wander into your turf, you pay up. If you don't-"
At this point, Mackey took his hands out of his pockets and cracked his knuckles, obviously as an act of intimidation. Rick then said to him,
"So, what you gonna do smartass? Pay up or get thrashed?"
BackSet BackSet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back